Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private Facing the past as we forge the future

Teke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
It had been a couple of days since the chance encounter in the Underground Ocean and Juri was still feeling the effects of the talk with Kana. She'd honestly spent a lot of time since then simply thinking, she hard a long road ahead of her for sure but there was so much mess to start with that she wasn't quite sure where to begin. Living in the squalor that was her tiny one-room apartment didn't help, given that she hadn't seen ninety percent of the floor in well over two years now, old wrappers, packets and empty beer cans and spirit bottle just lay strewn around and gave the place and probably the woman herself quite a unique scent, that of a distillery specializing in sweat flavored alcohol.

"This is all too much... I can't even think straight in this shit hole!"

She yelled out in frustration as she started to kick some of the trash, cleaning up at this point was just going to take forever and she already had a list of important tasks that she couldn't even think straight about. There was another option, she had to get out of this place if she ever wanted to get back the life she'd lost before, not just the apartment though but the slums in general, it was just a cesspool of negativity that seeped into your being the longer you stayed... perhaps that was part of a bigger problem with the village itself. The only problem with moving even to one of the okay houses on the surface was money, what little she had earned working as a heavy she'd pissed away on booze and food and she was pretty much destitute.

There was a thought in the back of her mind, one she'd hoped to avoid as she was unsure if she could even handle the emotional pressure but, if facing it head-on made her stronger for the experience, was it not the correct thing to do? One thing was for sure this was not a task she was willing to undertake alone, there were a lot of demons there that she didn't look forwards to facing there but, it was the right thing to do. With her mind made up, she started to gather things from around her messy room that she wanted to take with her, still full bottles of alcohol being pretty much all she cared about, the rest could rot for all she cared as she had no intention of ever returning to this place after today.

"Funny, really puts into perspective how small you are when your whole life can be packed away into one bag."

She mused to herself as the last of her actual good clothes were stuffed into her bag which was promptly thrown over her shoulder and with a single look back into the room, she left leaving behind this chapter of her life, hopefully for good. Kana would be her first stop today, fortunately, they had exchanged some information about finding one another though Juri left hers vague, why would she ever want to invite the kid into that hell hole anyway? She made her way up to the surface and started to jog, a little bit of excitement mixed with a lingering dread crept up the back of her neck and she just wanted to get it over and done with. Before too long she would come across the home of the young girl but felt a tad awkward knocking at the door, she'd never met the girl's parents and didn't want it to seem weird, but perhaps the girl herself would answer? Shaking away the negative thoughts she stepped up and knocked, looking a bit like a runaway with her bag full to the brim, again mostly with bottles but to the point that clothes were visibly hanging out and she looked a bit messy at the best of times, maybe they'd mistake her for a beggar.

[WC - 663]

Nakamura Kana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Another morning, Kana would wake early and begin preparing her stuff and herself for the day ahead. Only a few days had passed since the intense meeting with Juri, and unbeknownst to Kana much was about to change. A few soft knocks at the door would be enough for the young Uchiha to come answering. A slight creek as the wood swung ajar and standing before Juri was the small girl, swirling red eyes staring up at the Kunoichi.

"H..hey."

After all, none of this was expected and while the two had talked and the younger girl had made some suggestions she did not think such things would come to fruition, or even if they did... this quickly. She glanced over the older woman carefully and took in her full appearance. It was obvious the girl was in need of help, and Kana was the one she chose to come to. Not wishing to be rude she would follow etiquette and invite Juri within her parents home.

"Well come on in then."

The smell of booze carried with Juri where she went, and likely due to the fact of how much she decided to travel with. Keen eyes would glance over the girls bag and she would whisper so that her parents would not hear. She was already guessing that the older woman intended to stay, and with that she would have to inform her of some of the rules. In truth, this might be a real way for Juri to begin turning that leaf.

"They don't allow alcohol. So I'd throw that away if you want to stay."

Without much more being said, Kana would begin leading Juri back to her room. It was a relatively large space for the young girl. Most of the walls covered in shelves and lined with books. It was clear this is where Kana spent a majority of her time as their was a small indentation of where she would sit and read on the nearby couch. She would offer anywhere in the room to allow Juri to place down her things, and point to the bed. Not wanting things to be awkward and knowing the girls intent she would simply begin talking to her as if she would be an extended guest.

"We can sleep together a few nights if you want, but we can get a bed to put on the floor or something. If that'd be better?

[MFT-WC:407]

Teke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
It was indeed the young lady of the house who would answer the door, much to Juris hidden relief. She looked down at the still blurry-eyed girl and couldn't help but smirk at how docile she looked right now, even with those evil-looking eyes of hers. What Juri had not expected at this point was to almost being invited immediately in, planning to simply drag the girl along to help deal with her problem but perhaps letting her wake up and get dressed would be preferable.

"Good morning to you, sleepyhead."

She said cheerfully as she took a step into the home, looking around it curiously, it had been so long since she'd been in a home that wasn't also a dump or the scene of a violent act thanks to her usual work. She followed Kana until just before they reached what was obviously the girl's bedroom and the girl would turn and offer a whisper to her, telling her that the alcohol would be a problem if she intended to stay, her parents seemed pretty strict though she could hardly call that a bad thing as it kept the youngster on the straight and narrow... mostly. Juri was however confused about the comment on staying here though didn't read to much into it at this moment as she probably meant just whilst waiting for the girl to get ready though she realized quickly that she hadn't even explained why she was here so early in the day, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.

"I wouldn't worry, I'll be putting it elsewhere anyway."

She explained to the girl, hoping to ease her concerns and finally they would arrive in her bedroom and if just looking at it wasn't enough to tell her that it was Kanas bedroom the scent surely did, she'd become quite good at recognizing people via scent and the place they slept always smelled the same. She would carefully take off the backpack and gently place it down at the foot of the bed, firstly to not break any bottles as that would be a disaster for many reasons and secondly, so it didn't cling and clang together and arouse suspicion. She would place herself down at the foot of the bed and smile.

Then the actual reason for the girl's sheepishness came out and Juri was stunned momentarily until she realized that yeah, she did look like a bit of a hobo looking for a place to stay though at that point she couldn't help but burst out into laughter. She fell back onto the bed, holding her stomach, finding such hilarity in the confusion of the situation though touched that she was so quickly offered a place to stay at a moment's notice.

"Oh my god! That caught me off guard."

She managed to get out as the laughter subsided and she wiped away the water in her eyes, sitting back up with a stupid grin on her face, though as she thought about it this might actually not be the worst idea.

"I wondered why you were acting like that but that was too funny. I actually came to ask for help, it's a little sensitive so I need a second pair of eyes and hands and you're the only one I could think of... That said, staying here for a couple of nights might be for the best, at least for my health."

At this point, she'd explained exactly nothing and probably had the girl feeling pretty confused but thanks to the lightened mood she didn't even feel that reluctant to speak about it.

"When... they left, you know who. They left their house which, upon me returning to the village became mine now, I haven't stepped foot in it once in the past five or six years, I couldn't after what they did but now... well, it'll be better than that underground hovel and give me a place to start fixing things... the main issue as you may have guessed is that the house will have fallen into disrepair and probably coated in a few inches of dust so, until I get it cleaned up a place to sleep would be nice."

There was then the other issue which was the actual reason for her coming to find Kana before going there.

"There is also the issue of... there being things I simply do not was to see and will need someone to remove for me, which is where you come in. Pictures, furniture, or ornaments with specific memories attached to them, want em all gone. I remember most of it so I can send you off ahead and avoid just getting angry and breaking the house."

With that information dump now out in the open, Juri would give the girl some time to process and respond.

[WC - 803]

Last edited:

Nakamura Kana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kana would be as shocked by Juri's reaction as Juri herself. She felt there was a pretty good read on the situation forthcoming to her. Though she must have misread the body language, or perhaps the state of affairs. Juri would inform her that there was an estate she planned on moving into, and she needed help clearing some of the things out.

"Yeah, of course I'll help. I'd be willing to do whatever ya need."

The two would discuss for a bit the decision to stay here for a little bit while the pair got the old manor sorted out. In fact, Kana was ready for a new adventure for the day. To get out of the house and do something productive. Perhaps she could even use all of this as a way to motivate Juri into training harder. Maybe cleaning could even be considered a training of sorts. At least training for one's mind at the very least. Organization and cleanliness is a staple of life and leads to proper form in every other aspect.

She would listen intent on the girls woes of the past, and what she wanted to do moving forward. Happily agreeing on the methods she would comment,

"Well, let's get some food in our systems and then we'll head over there. I'll happily jump ahead of you. Just give me a list of what needs to be removed and it will be certainly be gone before you step foot inside."

Meanwhile, she would allow Juri to get settled in a bit and go about fixing some food for breakfast before their plans for the day ahead. A delicious looking pair of eggs and some bacon. Toast, and a large glass of orange juice. By the time Juri would get everything put down breakfast would be walking toward her and the girl's bedroom.

"Sit, eat. Then we can go."

[MFT: WC:315]

Teke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Juri was pleased that Kana would be willing to help her with clearing out her old home, it was certainly something she was worried about because it was such an odd request. The thought she'd had of staying in Kana's home for a few days whilst things get sorted was also accepted by the girl, which was a bit of a relief. It was only upon the girl mentioning food that Juri even realized that she was quite hungry herself and happily agreed with the idea of some food before they dove headfirst into what was sure to be a dusty hellscape.

"A list is a good idea, I have a pretty good memory of what will need moving though I ould assume some of it has moved, which makes things difficult."

She said before picking herself up from the edge of the bed and moving to the girl's desk, looking for something to write with. She quickly started to jot some of the more obvious things down, family pictures and the likes, eventually getting to the more niche stuff, specific pieces of furniture with memories attached to them and old training equipment, the one object she was unsure of if it was even still there, was an icon of the Shirogane clan, a gold and silver plaque mounted upon a wooden mantle that was pitch black in color. She wrote this object down but noted that it was not to be disposed of but brought to her if it still resided in the home, she couldn't imagine her father leaving without taking it but, abandoning her meant he had no desire to continue rebuilding the clan so just maybe. At this point, the list was as completed as it could possibly be from her memories of so long ago but she was confident it would be enough and Kana had just entered the room with the plates of food.

"Thanks for the meal."

She said as her stomach growled at her rudely. She started to quickly devour the food though given present company and the fact that she was a guest she held back from acting like an animal but was quickly done with it long before Kana would be through with hers.

"That was delicious." She smiled. "I've completed the list, it's not too long and I've thought about it a little so, anything I have you remove for me, I want them put in a specific place. A closet that should have a lock... just in case one day I am ready to see it."

She certainly didn't need too many physical reminders of her parents and her childhood, the building itself would be enough for her to endure. Perhaps one day she would be able to look back on these memories fondly and ignore the bad times but right now it was about getting her into a healthy headspace and she realized that all too well.

"Once you're ready we can leave, might even have time to start cleaning stuff today with any luck."

Indeed once Kana was dressed and ready the pair of them would move to the streets and start heading toward the home, a smaller clan house, considering that there was only three of them at the time but even so a small clan house is built in such a way as to accommodate many people and as such is was hardly a small building but compared to all those around it, it looked old, worn and overgrown by desert brush. With the list in Kanas possession, it was her job to clear a path into the home.#, Juri handed over the key, a heavy, brass thing, and nodded.

"There will, of course, be things I have forgotten and I trust you can use your judgment in such cases but I'll slowly make my way in as you go so don't be afraid to ask."

[WC - 652]

Nakamura Kana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kana would do her best to be a good host to Juri while the older woman seemed to be making her peace with what could stay and what must go. As soon as Juri said the list was ready the young Uchiha would begin to depart.

"I'm off. It'll all be taken care of, and I had no intent of destroying any of it. I'll find a secure place to store it all for when you might be ready one day. After all, the memories of our past do help to forge our future. When we're ready to accept them that is."

She knew very well the words she spoke because she too had pushed memories down into boxes. Things she didn't wish to see or think about, but perhaps one day that would change. Maybe one day she would be ready to see the research of her father and mother before her. What secrets they may have unlocked and still have to share with their daughter. Though today was not that day, and she understood all too well where Juri was coming from. Standing up, she would throw on some clothes more suitable for the weather outdoors and begin to make her with the heavy brass key in her hand held tightly.

When she arrived she was nothing short of amazed at the stature of the manor that Juri would now be able to call home. Hell, the older girl could have room for her to stay if she would wish such a thing. Placing the key in the door she would attempt to turn it. The lock seemed to not wish to budge and it took a bit of force to get the key to click and unlock the very heavy door before her. A loud and ominous creek could be heard echoing through the halls of the near empty manor as she stepped inside. Webs, dust, and a huge assortment of things that would need to be done. Though perhaps Juri was ready for this, maybe this could be the first step in the two training together.

Focusing a bit more intently, Kana would utilize the prowess of her birthright to search the home from top to bottom. Picking up anything that might hold sentimental value, and using discarded cardboard boxes to place them inside. She would very neatly pile everything together and bring it all the way downstairs to the depths of the basement. In truth, it was a lot of hard work that Juri had sent Kana off to do alone. Lots of picking, packing, and moving large heavy objects to one area of the home. Roughly about two hours into her endeavor she was sweating, out of breath, and just about complete with the task that Juri had set out for her to accomplish. A beep would come on Juri's individual headset, it was Kana panting between words.

"It's... it's all done. Just... bring some water if you can please."

Kana hoped that the older girl would have taken the better part of the time given to make herself comfortable at Kana's estate as she would likely be spending the better part of the next week there. The least she could do is be comfortable and enjoy her stay. Though, with the message given off she would wait for Juri to arrive and stood out front the door. Making sure to lock it once more and hand Juri the key. She would have to open this door for herself and face the demons that await within.

[MFT, WC: 592]

Teke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Juri had plenty of time to sit and contemplate the things that were transpiring. Moving back into this house meant that she was ready for what came next and it surprised her greatly. For so long she'd been living in squalor and though miserable it was what she deserved, right? No, she no longer wanted to think like that and she would strive for a better future for herself no matter the hardships she would face. Getting back into a proper training regime and building her body back up to its full potential would be one of the first tasks she'd set for herself, certainly, she hadn't slacked off too much and was still impressive physically but she could and would be so much more. Before her thoughts could swirl within her head for too much longer a beep awakened her from her slight daze and she stood immediately.

She wouldn't waste time on getting to the house, even though there was something in the back of her mind trying to stop her it was to weak to take hold and with a large pitcher of water she dashed through the streets toward the old home, coming to a halt as she arrived at the edge of the property and silently looked it over.

"It's just like I remember." She said after a minute of silence. "I'd expected more wear and tear but it's just...home."

She took a moment to shake some unnecessary thoughts from her mind and moved toward Kana, handing over the water that was clearly far more than the girl's body could hold, Juri had simply grabbed anything she could in her haste and it showed.

"Thank you for this, I'll repay you one day."

She said this with a solemn tone, a look of seriousness on her face as she was having trouble trying to make a joke at this very moment. Whilst Kana got herself some much-needed fresh air and water Juri would step into the house and slowly begin to walk around, doing a full circle of each room as she slowly inspected everything. There was so much still here, they really had left in a hurry and even after Kana had removed things she could still tell they'd left quickly. Her slow, steady exploration continued in silence and once the first floor was completed she made her way up to the second, doing the same but there were two rooms she did not enter, and her first words in almost an hour would come.

"I want that door bound from the outside. No one in or out if at all possible."

She wanted to make sure Kana had this information before walking in there more than she already had, though her list didn't specify anything from that room. She then turned to the final roof and with a deep breath pushed open the door and looked in.

"It's almost exactly how I left it..." She said softly, hesitant to even take a step in as a tear slowly trickled down her cheek though she was to distracted to notice. "I'm going to do it, I always swore I would bring the clans name back up from the gutters and I still want to... just so one day they hear of it, see that I didn't need them... just spit in their greed filled faces."

With her piece said she walked into the room and slowly explored it, finding a multitude of old things, journals, art, old homework, and even toys, showing each of them to Kana and telling her tales of her youth with a smile finally on her face.

"You're going to help me get back into shape, I'm going to reach so high the heavens quiver at the thought of me coming up there."

Kana would sense the drive that Juri had now, up until this point the girl had said many things but something about the way she was here in this room made everything just that more passionate and believable to the point that the small girl might truly believe that Juri could climb to the heavens and beat up an angel or two. For now, however, cleaning would need to be done, the entire house was a mess of dust, sand, and cobwebs and would take the two of them days to sort out if they didn't ask for help which was doubtful.

[WC -722 ]

Nakamura Kana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kana would sit and rest while Juri went about the house and inspected it to her liking. The younger girl could tell that her friend was in awe. Not only of the pieces that she had moved but the mere presence of being back in this home. She could tell just how hard it was all hitting Juri and simply allowed the woman time to take everything in. Sitting and enjoying the large jug of water she would find a solace in just taking it easy for a few moments. Keeping her eye on the girl to make sure she wasn't going to break down or anything of that nature. Eventually, she would refresh and find herself standing and following Juri around the large estate. Mentions of payment were thrown away.

"You don't owe me anything. I'm happy to help."

Notes of things that had be locked away were done so. She would make her way into the rooms stealthily before locking from inside and leaving the keys in the basement where everything else she had stashed away was located. In time, the older girl may find a certain sense of peace in looking back over the artifacts of old. It wasn't her place to be disposing of things, merely push them out of sight for now.

Juri would talk about how it still felt like home. It was a feeling that Kana was happy she was able to embrace once again. This would be her home now. It was about time for the two to begin looking to make serious renovations and clean up the mess of the past to forge this new future. A future together, and ideally the two would stand side by side every step of the way.

"I am. I'm gonna kick your ass till you can kick mine, and I won't let you stop there."

Kana would step forward and wrap her tiny arms around the much larger girl. Giving a soft squeeze she would smile up at Juri.

"After all. You're my family now. Family has to watch out for each other. Right, Onee-san?"

She could tell the girls spirits were lifted, and wanted to make sure that she knew Kana was with her now, every step of the way. Whatever was left to be done today, she would help but the real progress would be in the near future to come. The two would spend the remainder of the day taking care of the basics. Sweeping, dusting, and overall just cleaning the estate to once again look like a place of prominence and glory.

[MFT, WC: 432]
[Ready to Leave topic if you are. Leaving with Juri if she does so in next post.]

Teke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
The had been an emotionally trying day for Juri but she could feel that deep down she was happy to have made this step. She spent a little more time digging through a few old, dusty belongings and actually having some pleasant memories of her childhood which were nice. This was all possible because of Kana and though she stated that payment wouldn't be necessary Juri knew she would need to do something for her, no matter how small she'd feel awful for just doing nothing. The comment about a family caught her off guard a little, she'd not had a family for so long it felt weird for someone to see her as such but it didn't feel too weird and Kana was a good friend despite only knowing one another for a relatively short time she could feel they'd bonded over their issues.

"Family huh? It'll take a bit to get used to that but... I don't dislike it." She smiled. "Feel free to kick me into shape, ya little brat." She laughed.

Cleaning wouldn't start this day, it had taken a lot out of both girls though for clearly different reasons. Over the coming days however the house would be transformed both inside and out, first came the cleaning of the sand and dust of course, and Juri would work on getting the slightly overgrown outside of the home tidied up, mostly removing weeds, and perhaps one day she'd re-plant an actual garden out there but for now, it was a nice, outdoor space for some training, solo at least, they'd need a bigger spot for the two of them in case of accidents.

With the house clean and Juri officially moved in the pair would begin the more intense training, being able to borrow training areas from the academy was very helpful for this and for the next several weeks it was non-stop training for Juri and it didn't take her long to get back into the swing of it all though Kana was something else and the gap between them seemed far larger than maybe either of them realized. This however was just the beginning of everything and she wouldn't stop till she was the best.

[WC - 376]

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back