Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open From Where I Stand: Note of the Kunai [ANBU Class]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
((OoC: I am acknowledging that Keiyaku wishes to end the Modded Combat but I have decided to ignore that decisions, so I am making sure it is noted that this is all RP and am not expecting to continue the Modded Fight any further. Thank you Takeshi for modding this for us!))

"I concede"
Shusuke was stunned. The clones standing around the other ANBU in Training slowed their actions and Saikai poofed back to where he originates. One by one the burning blue flames that took the forms of each of the clones began to diminish, as did their existences as Shusuke began to remove the Genjutsu that were affecting Keiyaku. The boy would begin to see the ANBU headquarters around him once more and as he would take in the surrounding he would notice that the Yamanaka He approached to shake hands with was no longer there. Instead Shusuke wa kneeling beside Morutobu as with the end of his Name of the Rose Jutsu his physical form once again took flesh and thus was expelled from the dog as his Mind Possession Jutsu also came to a close.

"What the fuck did you just say to me?" Shusuke took to his feet, clinching his fists. "Is this... Was all of this a joke to you? Do you not understand the situation we are in? We were asked to show everything we have in us." At this point Shusuke was yelling at the other boy, not realizing his voice became louder as he continued. "The ANBU are the strongest tools this village has. We are here to prove we are worthy of joining the ranks of the most elite there is. You are going to stand there and say you quit? Why? Because you got hurt? Tough fucking shit! You are a shinobi, it is going to happen." At this point tears began to build up in Shusuke's eyes.

"I am not done! I have more to prove! I need them to realize I can be of use. I am more than just some kid!" He made a series of handseal, in the progression that would be known as a Forbidden Jutsu if the onlooker's knew of the Chimeiarashi. "Armigar Arsenal!" As he spoke a plethora of chained weapons began to float in the air like the heads of a hydra. Each of their chains connecting to the boy's right hand. He would slowly raise his hand to cause the various weapons to prep themselves for an assault onto Keiyaku. A single tear would streak down his cheek.

"I will prove I have what it takes to be a tool for this village, to be someone of use, to be a threat to foreign enemies so that they will not come here and orphan our children. I will prove I have the potential to become a great shinobi for this village. I won't let the likes of you force me to stay where I am. I will continue to grow! I will-" His hand began to lower, causing the 10 weapons to begin to climb in speed towards Keiyaku, ready to pierce through his body and impale him with the chains conjured by Shusuke's Kinjutsu.

MFT 250+

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The Yamanaka, much like many others, they are one among those that are commonly referred to as "Bloodlines", "Clans" or "Kekkei Genkai" the defining trait the Yamanaka shares with all of these aren't just genetic lottery, they have traits that are past down from generation to generation, they all get the same basic training that further unlocks their use of their uniquely chakra infused organ, be it a strengthened kidney, able to change or adjust the body's metabolism, be it the unique traits of the Cingulate gyrus within the brain, or perhaps the Hypothalamus each of these organs receive unique traits through the bloodlines of clans, of course that doesn't negate the genetic lottery in a few rare cases where they gain or losses their connection with these parts of the body.

Knowing these things was what this dreaded, tanned and grey eyed man had lived to know for most part of his life. Recognizing these traits and abilities within all he meet is almost subconscious at this point. In situations where the surroundings are more dire, and life is on the line, where his Byukugan is active especially he could easily distinguish these traits simply by how the chakra moved within the target's body, he could see how they would be moving the chakra before their hand signs were finalized, it's not like he sees the world in slow motion or anything, he couldn't distinguish one jutsu from the other, he could simply predict the fact that it was a jutsu and that it was a jutsu related to strengthened organs, and recognize which organ, this helped in sometimes seeing if it was a Genjutsu or perhaps a Taijutsu they were about to do.

Watching these two students of his go at it was exhilirating, he could read each of their jutsus as they came, he could see every muscle tensing and how the chakra moved within them, it was almost fun.
However the serious tone came quickly as the Inuzuka decided to concede, he could clearly tell the difference in power and specialty, they weren't exactly the best matchup, at least not to his advantage. He was right of course, recognizing the opponents strength and retreating when able to gather your strength, maybe find allies to proceed is an essential ability as well. But just as Keiji was about to interject and disable his Byukuhan, the response from Shusuke prompted instant intervention.

His focus changed entirely to him as he started getting frustrated. The second he saw the chakra veins within his body light up he realized he was about to change his intent and the killing instinct could almost be tasted by those experienced with it. With a simply leap behind Shusuke and an instant grab, with one hand he held the Yamanaka by the back of their neck, and with the other he jabbed his index and middle finger into the back of him, his target was pinpoint accuracy and instant, the jabs pushed forth his energy to squeeze and clog the flow of energy within the child this would disable the hold they had on the chains. While holding Shusuke in place he would squeeze his other hand around the neck of him, keeping him from breathing steadily.
It wouldn't exactly be difficult for him to simply snap the neck, it'd feel like breaking a toothpick he imagined the quickness and ease he'd have with it.

With low growl his voice came from underneath the mask. "I think you, and I need to have a private talk once everyone has left. You are to remain here, with me, Understood? the voice reverberated through the room, instigating those that remained behind the glass to hopefully depart.

Looking up, his white mask with the empty black sockets where eyes should be looked ahead to Keiyaku. This time his tone was more fatherly, a caring and softer voice came from the mask. "You are dismissed as well, you did good, I will call for you soon for another lesson. One less... Deadly I imagine.." He squeezed the neck of Shusuke further as he emphasized the word.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Keiyaku watched as blank astonishment settled into the Yamanaka's eyes, of what the boy could see through his mask. His eyes darted to Morutobu. His little brother seemed to be coming back to himself at last, looking disoriented. Shusuke seemed to be building himself into a rage, swearing and shrieking a violent vitriol at the Inuzuka. Sensing danger, he boy made to snatch up the little Shiba puppy from the ground, holding him tightly in his arms and backing away from his now enraged opponent.

"You are going to stand there and say you quit? Why? Because you got hurt? Tough fucking shit! You are a shinobi, it is going to happen."

"Hey, buddy, you literally told me 'if you don't bow out now, I may have to destroy you', or whatever," retorted Keiyaku in a mock impression of the Yamanaka's voice, a frown now creasing his brow. What was with this guy?

Moru was curled tightly into Keiyaku's arms, shaking a little, clearly sensing something that the boy hadn't, some sort of incoming threat. The Inuzuka boy could only watch in stunned silence as the other initiate summoned a battalion of lethal-looking chained weapons which wrapped about his form. With one fluid motion, the impromptu promise of cold, metallic death was speeding towards him. Instinct took over immediately and the boy began to backpeddle, jumping back to try and get clear of the onslaught. Right when he hit the wall, with no more room to back up, he shut his eyes and braced for the worst. But it never came.

First, he heard the sound of chains clattering to the ground, then, when he'd mounted enough courage to open his eyes once more, he saw Corvus-sensei standing there. The ANBU Senin had a vice-like grip around the scruff of the Yamanaka's neck, giving him a stern talking to.

As Keiyaku looked as Shusuke, he could feel the considerable respect he'd gained for the boy over the last few minutes vanish on the spot. The tears in his eyes, the abuse he'd shouted, the attitude he had.... Completely unprofessional. It was weird but he just felt... profoundly disappointed.

"How can you be an ANBU officer, man? You're in charge of our citizens' safety, and you do this when you don't get your way? You just disobey direct orders from your superior?! It's a joke that you could get to be an AN-"

Keiyaku felt strange; he never got angry like this, but having nearly just been skewered like a dumpling, his patience with the boy was wearing thin. He shook his head; it wasn't right to speak ill of one's colleagues like this... Then, his sensei regarded him. After the way the man had spoken to Shusuke, he was expecting a similar threat, but hearing his voice sound so fatherly and caring completely took the wind out of his sails. He froze, looking between the two of them, holding Moru a little tighter.

"Yes, sensei, sir. A-And sorry... for losing my temper there," he managed to say with his usual martial baring, albeit a bit shaky. After giving Corvus a respectful salute, he glanced over at the one-way mirror, exchanging an incredulous look with whomever stood on the other side, even though he could not see them, and headed for the exit. It would be better to take care of these nasty cuts and bruises sooner rather than later. More importantly, Moru needed a pick-me-up.

~Topic Left unless stopped~

Toshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
But it didn't look as though Shu took kindly to such words. With an outburst, the mood suddenly shifted, and now Shu looked as though he were on a rampage. Suddenly hand seals were formed, and weapons flooded the room. 'Wha-?' Tis was unexpected, and what made matters worse, he doubted he could do anything in time to stop the attack. Keiji was the one to stop the attack. It seemed the attack would be handled by the superior. Toshi was okay with the happenings, everyone didn't have the same personality. Knowing that Shu could get into the flow of battle was something he'd take note of. 'There's no stopping that guy when he gets started.' Kei was dismissed by the Sennin, and after taking a glance through the mirror, he departed.

He knew the two would have to talk things over later. Maybe he could be the one to bring them together after such a match. Hopefully this could pull the three of them together as AiT, and maybe they could get a few missions done to bring their chemistry to a good team type of thing? Hmm... Maybe something along those lines? Taking the Captain's hint, Toshi gave a peace sign and departed from the building. There was always something going on in the shinobi village, and it was interesting to see that he wasn't alone.

~ Topic Left

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Ishi watched from the affair, like many others he was interested to see how the entire fight went, the black robes fluttering in the wind, as he watched the situation unfold, he frowned as he looked towards Shusuke, a member of the ANBU Branch, yet with the attitude he wondered just how far it would really get him in life, looking down at the note in his hand it seemed that he was to replace a dead captain and the man had this as the first introduction that he had between everyone. He signed under the mask as he looked back up from the note watching the voices unfolding.

Instantly his form distorted he ended up gathering in a storm of fluttering wings beside the ANBU Sennin, it seemed the man had already come between everyone but by watching the spectators and the shouting that had come from the other student, he didn't care much for him, the branch was about respect, reputation not being a brat and screaming about life choices. With the fluttering stopping, he appeared on one knee beside Keiji, his head bowed down and his arms over his knees in a sign of respect.

"I was supposed to report to you, orders from the top, I am at your service and assume the mantle of ANBU Captain, though the timing could be better"

He didn't even bother with the kit, now that others were leaving he waited in silence beside Keiji for any instruction to be given, he did not interrupt nor did he look away at the situation, no instead he knelt stalwart and ready for any issues or orders, he would have happily given them to the child and introduced him to what real combat was, but with him just assuming the mantle he needed to play things safe.

[Topic Entered]
[Flock of Shadows Used]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"I think you, and I need to have a private talk once everyone has left. You are to remain here, with me, Understood? Shusuke was locked, his created weapons faded, his chakra diminished. Tears poured down his cheeks. Did he fail? After all of this, did he end up doing the opposite of what he intended. In a soft and wavering voice Shusuke spoke as his muscles relaxed. "Yessir..." He tried to calm himself down by taking deep breaths, but even then they didn't seem to help much. He was stressed, he was mad, everything led him up to this point and instead of being able to demonstrate everything he had to offer it all came crashing down in the blink of an eye. He could feel his emotions leading his actions, and no matter how hard he didn't want that to be the truth he couldn't stop them. He couldn't not feel the way he was feeling. He was furious and disappointed in himself. It had only been a twenty second spar, hardly enough time for him to show case all of the skills he had been working on, yet enough time for him to get worked up into this fit. This temper tantrum.

His eyes dart towards the other ANBU member that arrived at the scene. A new Captain? Was this person to be Shusuke's Captain? His pupilless blue eues shifted to the ground as he felt the tears begin to dry up. Shusuke wouldn't be surprised if he taken to the curb and left there to rot. He was trying to follow the guidance given to him by Soku, trying to use his actions, but it appears that he failed at that too. So far, everything Shusuke has attempted has led to his own failure.

Maybe he was a failure...

...just like his parents.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
He didn't address the incoming captain. Didn't even turn his mask to see him. He only turned briefly to the mirrored glass, knowing there most likely would be others behind, he decided to ignore them. Perhaps this could be another way for the ANBU in there to see their Sennin in action.

Releasing the grip slowly on Shusuke's neck he forcefully turned him around with a pull and push on his shoulders. Grabbing the shoulders he pulled him and pressed him in a hug, then in a sombre fatherly tone in his voice he announced directly to him, "You did good." followed by "I am proud of you." Keiji knew of the hardships Shusuke has gone through in his short life so far. He knew of hardships, he knew of the darkness and frustrations that comes through conflicted young hearts, he knew the deepest pits where those thoughts could come from. The loss of his little brother, and that of his parents all due to the mistrust and fictitious beliefs his local neighborhood persisted and resulted in his family home getting burnt down, with his parents and little brother inside, tied to chairs, only thing he saw by the end was their charred remains with the ropes burned into their skin.

He knew of the need for revenge, the aggression, the anger and the need to become better and better. He also read Shusuke's psyche evaluation, he wasn't exactly prime material for any major Shinobi positions, but Keiji had seen the promise in him and the need for.. Direction..

He held Shusuke for that brief moment, and then released his grip and took a step back looking down to the child. "You fought well, you proved your strength to me, and that's all that mattered in this." Getting down on one knee to address the child directly he continued. "However, when a friend or an ally concedes a fight of skill and ability, respecting their decision is critical. At the moment of conceding you are the victor, and then you can prepare for the next time."

Looking down to his feet and then back up. "If you ever hope to get even close to Hokage" He let the final word there sit for a second, he wasn't sure if Shusuke had mentioned it to anyone else if that was his goal besides Keiji and the Kage himself that one time, but if he hadn't it might help him know who he was behind the mask.. Continuing on ".. you'll need to work on trusting your allies and friends, out on missions they are the ones that can help get you back in one piece and vice versa. If they can't trust you against them, then how can they trust you with them?"

Stepping back up he let the moment sit for a few seconds.. Then finally looking to Ishi. "Your timing could have been better, yes, I don't appreciate the boldness to think to interrupt a lesson in action.. But you are welcome regardless. I'll need to think over how best to utilise you. We'll talk in my office, once we're done here.."
Then turning his head down again to address Shusuke, listening to whatever reply he might have in response.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
((OoC: I hope y'all don't mind me sandwiching Keiji with posts but I wanted to get his reaction in before Keiji carried on with Ishi))

The young boy's body did not release the tension as the Sennin released his grip. A quick spin and he was staring into the mask of the crow that stood before him. His body remained stiff as the man wrapped his arms around the small child.

"You did good. I am proud of you."

For the first time since he felt the tears in his eyes, the young boy would finally act his age and cry. Vocalizing his cry he wrapped his arms back around Keiji. "No I didn't, I- I-I took to long... I didn't show you every-"sniff"everything I am capable of. I am sorry. I failed once again. I am always failing. I never do anything right.." His sobbing continued to an almost incoherent ramble about how sorry he was and how he promised to do better.

"You fought well, you proved your strength to me, and that's all that mattered in this." Shusuke would take his mask off to wipe the tears from his eyes. His face red with embarrassment and his nose running as he was crying heavily. He looked at Keiji as he dropped to a knee. "I... sorry..." Shusuke's eyes would drop to the ground in shame. The Yamanaka not only did something wrong, but someone who said he was proud of the boy told him what he needed to do to be better. That... That would resonate with him ore than all of the insults and the threats he had received in the academy.

Then he said it.

Corvus called out Shusuke for a goal that he had. To become Hokage. Shusuke's light pupilless eyes looked up at the man in almost shock, how would this person know that was his plan? Shusuke had still yet to realize that Corvus of the ANBU and Keiji from Takeshi's office was one in the same. "If they can't trust you against them, then how can they trust you with them?"

The shame hit him again. His eyes dullened and he looked down once more. He didn't deserve to be here. Everything he just did, the way he tried to prove himself, all of this was pushing him further from his goal? It never registered to Shusuke that to be Hokage you needed more than just Strength. You needed Kindness. That, that was something Shusuke was not showing, nor was it something he felt like showing others. He needed to change how he was interacting with his peers.

"I-I'm... I'm sorry... I didn't mean to disappoint you. I guess I'm still pathetic, after all this time Asuka-Sensei was right. I'm an ignorant brat after all..."

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
He assessed the child's response coldly. No reaction until he finally finished his words, letting him express himself fully.
"You did not disappoint me. In fact you did exactly as I expected from you." His words may have come off as cold and unfeeling, but the tone was still that of a fatherly sage.
"I don't know what Asuka told you. But clearly it was wrong on many levels. Clearly this will have to be addressed in a more private session under better circumstances.."

"Before I call you back for a session though, just promise me one simple thing." He paused for a second. Letting him digest the words and have him look up to him. "Never fight a potential ally to the death. Fighting in itself is okay, essential even. But always keep in mind that these people are those that are meant to join you on missions, when you are out with them in the wilderness with nothing but your bandages and weapons on you, the last person you'd want with you, is someone that holds a grudge, and might actively look for opportunities to enact it upon you. Trust them so they can trust you..." He let the words hang, hoping they would burn into his memory both the short version and the long. "Nod if you understand my pupil." softening the last word to further push the soft fatherly tone of his teaching.

With that he turned to the door and began walking out. Turning briefly in the doorway. "I'll call for you soon, you can ask me any question you want then, so be ready."
Then finally turned back and walked out.

[Thread left]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shusuke nodded his head at Corvus in understanding. What he was doing was wrong and he needed correcting. As he watched the ANBU Sennin walk away Shusuke began to bubble up on the inside. He needed to talk to someone about this. He needed guidance and he wasn't sure where to go. He felt alone. He always felt alone anymore..

Letting out a sigh, he would turn and head out of the room and out of the ANBU HQ entirely. He needed to be better.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back