Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Gather Ingredients Pt. 2: Jaws of the Beast [Solo Modded Mission]

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Upon receipt of the Shimmer Fish. Yomi sent a letter to Kaori in order to thank her for her diligent service.

The Message Read:

Tenkawa Kaori,

Thank you for getting the Shimmer Fish. It will go a long way in helping us with this antidote. Upon reading your mission notes, I have to say that I have never had such issues travelling through the Forest of Death. I will make note of that and perhaps have the MB Police place clearer signs so people do not wander about in there…
I have placed an updated copy of the previous request, in case you have misplaced it.

Yomi
Medical Sennin & MB Co-Sennin
Konohagakure

“Daisy” has created a lethal poison out of…well I’m not sure. It’s proving very difficult to treat and we think that we have come up with a solution, however the antidote needs very specific items in order to synthesize. With all my new-found responsibilities, I cannot search for these things on my own. Please procure the following items for me:

1. A jaw of a Fire Mane Mount. (Teeth intact)
2. The heart of an adult Hoarfrost Wolf.

The Fire Mane Mount, these timid creatures are thought to be hunted to extinction. It has been said that the black market in Crater City is booming and where there is a black market there is bound to be a Fire Mane Mount jaw about. Used for its exquisite and potent medicinal properties, the black market now controls its price. Use whatever tools you have acquired through training and bring one back by any means necessary. As a lead, seek out my contact named “Juelz” found in a dive called “No Mans’s Land”.

The Hoarfrost Wolf. Called so due to the color of their fur and not where they are generally found. I think it’s related to Besito, but, seeing as I got Besito in a different country, I’m not so sure. Besito is larger, perhaps they are cousins. I need a heart from an adult. They roam around the Valley of the End at night. They are always in packs and are dangerous due to their high intelligence level. Be extremely careful.

Yomi
Medical Sennin
Konohagakure

OOC:
The dive bar “No Man’s Land” is where we will start, but, you are free to write up finding the place. Upon entering the bar Kaori will need to get past the bartender called “Apple”. No one knows “Apple’s” true name but he is called so due to his penchant for eating apples all day. Part one of this mission is to get Apple to tell Kaori which one of the people in the bar is Yomi’s contact Juelz. Since Yomi neglected to tell Kaori exactly what Juelz looked like.

OOC:
Please be sure to list the items you have brought with you in your slots. Remember, you are in a seedy shady part of town.

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
zi3qFZX.png
This wasn't the first time, nor would it be the last time that she came to Crater City. This was, however, a different part of town than the first part that she went to. The first time s he was here, she was in a derelict part of town ravaged by outlanders, or so the intelligence service had told them. There were a large gathering of nobody the first time she had arrived, encountering not a single soul in town; as if everyone in that part of town got up and left suddenly. So seeing people within this town was miraculous, to say the least. Kaori cleared her throat and opened up the new letter that she received from Yomi about her mission directives. The first part was to enter the bar 'No Man's Land' to find the Yomi's contact going by the moniker of 'Juelz'. Kind of a strange name for someone living within the 5 great shinobi nations, but she needed the information in regards to the bounty: the Fire Mane Mount Teeth.

Kaori pocketed the note and looked around. To avoid any harassment from the locals, she wore a shroud over her entire body and wore a brown bandanna, matching the color of the shroud she was wearing, over her nose and mouth. She tried her best to fit in with the ruffians and outlanders the best she could. She went across town until she saw a rickety wooden sign with the words 'No Man's Land' written on it, swaying back and forth from the dusty wind that began to kick up. Before whirling wind started to kick dust into her face, Kaori opened the door to the bar only to be greeted with the smell of piss and booze. The building was dimly lit on the inside aside from the bar which was fairly lit; probably so people would know where to spend their money. There were tables strewn about the bar with groups of people huddled near one another around a bottle.

Her eyes looked over the place for a moment before turning her eyes towards the bartender who was taking a big bite out of an apple. A bunch of mostly eaten apples lined the bar like trophies of the bartender's collection. After consuming the apple they were eating, they placed yet another apple upon the bar for a moment, stood back to admire it before throwing the apple cores in the garbage soon afterward. Kaori took this as her queue to walk up to the bar and take a seat upon the rather tall bar stool. She lowered the bandanna down to her throat and removed the hooded portion of the drab brown 'veil' that she wore. Kaori cleared her throat and reached into her pouch and pulled out a decent amount of yen and placed it upon the table for Apple to see. The money was far more than what a drink would be worth and was enough for a whole week of Apple's salary.

Kaori made the money known to get Apple's attention and perhaps pay them off with the question she would have. "I'm looking for information regarding a person named 'Juelz'. What do they look like and where can I find them?" she asked quietly. She didn't want the name to stir up trouble with anyone in here, so she tried to keep it between herself and the bartender for now. She kept her hand upon the money, just in case Apple wanted to try to take the money and not answer. No no! Kaori would hold onto the money, pressing it against the table until she received the information she was looking for before allowing Apple to take their winnings. Kaori had read doing something like this in a manga before, so this is where she got the idea from. Perhaps her execution was off, but she was hoping for positive results at any rate.​

OOC:
WC- 656
WC Total - 656

Equipment:
Holster: Glove of Divine Dragon Flame
1: EMP Grenades x2
2: Oil Flask x2
3: Blood Pill x3
4: Chakra Suppression Seal x3
5: Health Pills x3
[spoilername="Gloves of Divine Dragon Flame"][col]
0bd2c5a7cb273008f783bf2f7b3a13cb970aca3d_hq.jpg
|Gloves of Divine Dragon Flame
NOTE: This weapon is declared my Tsukumogami signature weapon
Gloves specifically tailored for Kaori, woven with chemically treated threads and blessed by Kaori herself using the "Great Dragon Fire Dance" ritual. This blessing imbued 'magical' powers upon the gloves. These gloves are rather simple in design and were made to flex and fit Kaori's hand regardless of her age and size.
Weapon Type: Unarmed
Type Ability: Can use Handseals
Damage Modifier: -10%
Accuracy Modifier: +2
Augments
- [Ambidexterity Slot] Dual Weapon
- Swift
- Daze
- Free Flow
- Steady

Mechanized Traps
[E] Watchlight -- r1
[E] Knock Breaker -- r1
[C] Vanquishing Light -- r1
Cylinder of Magic -- r1[/col][/spoilername]

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The bartender looked at Kaori with his beady little eyes. He bit into his apple as the smell of damp garbage and poor life decisions permeated the air. His greasy hair looked like someone spilled a bottle of black ink on his head and it refused to dry. He looked to young kunoichi and smiled. Half eaten apple could be seen through his mangled teeth coffee stained teeth. He was very tall but extremely overweight and his gray shirt was stained with what looked to be oil and...blood? There were certain some sort of health code violations going on in here, but, it was also Crater City, so who cared?

"My my...." His had a smokers voice that only made him look all the worse. "Aren't you the prettiest thing I ever did see? You coming in here asking for other people, when good ol' Apple is all you need to be looking for." Apple tossed the half eaten fruit behind him and leaned over to have a better look at the girl, inhaling her scent sharply. There were about 6 or so patrons in the bar eyeing this little interaction, but, none made move to involve themselves. They all were watching though.

"What's your name, sweet thing?" He reached out to caress Kaori's face with his dirty grubby hand.

[OOC]:
How high is Kaori's Charisma Stat? Charm the bartender with nothing but your feminine wiles in order to get the deetz on Juelz. Say the wrong thing and it will be harder to extract the info. Continue saying the wrong thing and he'll put you out. Of course, there is also always the "shoot em up, bang bang," route...choose very wisely though. Also, thank you for being patient with me ^.^;

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
zi3qFZX.png
The face she is looking upon now is a face that not even a mother would love. She stared into pure violence and despair as she stared at the man's face. The unkempt hair,
the rotted teeth, the lack of will to go running sometimes, and just overall looking like a live pig thrown into a blender and put into a plastic bag look the man had going on for him. This caused dread to be written on Kaori's face for a moment before she quickly changed her demeanor to that of a happy smile.

~Help me out here, Mina~ Kaori thought to herself, speaking directly to the spirit that resided within the Gloves of Divine Dragon Flame. She didn't have a good way to respond to this one so she sought out Mina's help.

~You're on your own for this one, Kaori. Good luck~

Kaori grumbled. What luck that spirit was for her. One would think that someone who obtained a form of immortality would be more helpful than that. What is Kaori to do that wouldn't subject her to being touched by this sack of violent ugly before her? And then the creature spoke with a crackling raspy voice; one that sounded like he sucked on a pipe for one-too-many years. Kaori just responded with an uncomfortable laugh. She needed to extract information out of this man and due to his size, she assessed that she couldn't just strong-arm him; no that won't do at all. He seemed to take a liking to her looks, so maybe she could perhaps use her feminine wiles upon this grotesque display of humanity.

Kaori turned her head away and flirtatiously ran her fingers over the side of her head, brushing some of her hair off of her shoulders and over her ear to expose her bare neck. She turned to look back towards him while she did this and flashed a big bright smile while fluttering her eyelashes. She looked down to her chest and started to undo the cloak the she brought with her and opened it up to tease the man with the clothing she wore beneath the cloak. She leaned forward towards the man and pulled on the blue stone-heart upon her outfit and waved it towards her and away from her as if to fan herself off. In doing this, she quickly flashed a little bit of cleavage to the man every time she pulled the stone-heart away from her body, angling it just right so all he had to do was look down at her to get a good view.

"You can call me Kaori, but I'll let you call me 'yours' if I get the information I want; and if the information you provided is good information," she said in a teasing and rather sultry manner, flashing a wink of her eye towards the lump of flesh that should've been aborted so many years ago. "But that's only after I complete my mission. So? Whaddya say?" she asked as the girl tried her best to seduce information out of the man. She wasn't used to doing something like this and it felt extremely awkward but hopefully the man would take the bait and the false promise given to him. It was sickening that she even offered her body to the repulsive life before her. It was her hope that she didn't have to go any further than this, but she did have 'Plan B' if all else failed. Even then, she'd rather not.​

OOC:
WC- 584
WC Total - 1240

Equipment:
Gloves specifically tailored for Kaori, woven with chemically treated threads and blessed by Kaori herself using the "Great Dragon Fire Dance" ritual. This blessing imbued 'magical' powers upon the gloves. These gloves are rather simple in design and were made to flex and fit Kaori's hand regardless of her age and size.
Augments
- Swift
- Daze
- Free Flow
- Steady

Mechanized Traps
[E] Watchlight -- r1
[E] Knock Breaker -- r1

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Apple grunted at Kaori's response. He was a man many years her senior. There was no way that a pretty thing like Kaori would ever suggest such a thing like that. As a man, he would always try even if he knew the outcome. He knew full well that he was gross and disgusting and anyone who suggested otherwise was either missing a few senses or outright lying. Therefore, Kaori's little lie didn't help her cause.

"Your's you say?" Apple let out a roaring laugh, holding his belly from the strain of laughing so hard. Wiping tears from his eyes he looked at Kaori while trying to regain his composure.

"Come now, sweet thing, is it that easy? You come in here with questions and expect real answers, you better play the game correctly. Whatever information you want, I'm sure I have it." The man took in Kaori and shook his head. "I know I ain't no prize, but, apparently this is your first job. So, Ol' Apple here is going to cut you a little slack, but, you'll owe me. Since you're the prettiest thing I ever did see in a long time, you tell me who sent you and then I'll answer one of your questions? Deal?" Apple looked at the horned girl and waited for her response. It was up to Kaori whether she would take him up on his offer.

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
zi3qFZX.png
She instantly felt violated when pressed up against the greasy, unkempt man. The stench of his breath stung and stained her skin and she was brought ever closer, able to see the loose particles of food hanging out between each individual brown and yellow tooth of his. It felt like she was staring sin right in the face as he gave a short proposition to exchange information with one another. She couldn't outright tell the man that she was a wannabe-shinobi nor could she tell him that she was on a mission to hunt a creature that might be on the black market. She cleared her throat and faked a blush over her cheeks at the 'compliment' granted to her about her looks. If she was the prettiest thing he had seen in a while, then she felt absolute pity for the man.

"Well, thank you for the compliment. I work for a company named Kanashimi Enterprise, based out of the Lightning Country, and I hear the person by the name of 'Juelz' is my contact to begin a trade negotiation. We believe he has livestock that we could invest in due to the growing popularity of exotic animals. Not only for livestock in terms of animal products, but we hear he can also procure exotic pets as well. There is a very strong and booming market for things like that," she said in her most official voice that she could muster. She tried her best to dress up the lie as a truth by going in-depth on the goals of the made-up company and the reason that she would be here on business.

Kaori stared at the man with confidence in her eyes to re-affirm the fact that what she was peddling was the truth. She might have failed at the seduction angle, but she certainly hoped the professional lie angle would be more suited for the man given his proposition from earlier. She had the strangest idea to 'sweeten' the deal by moving his hand from her back downwards, but since the art of seduction wasn't quite her forte, she figured that wouldn't work. Hell, it would probably outright make her lie seem more like a lie! Kaori tilted her head with the same confident smile upon her face.
"I hope that answered your question?" she asked inquisitively. She needed the information on Juelz so she could proceed with the mission. This man's stubbornness is what's keeping her from moving forward.​

OOC:
WC- 412
WC Total - 1652 / 5000

Equipment:
Augments
- Swift
- Daze
- Free Flow
- Steady

Mechanized Traps
[E] Watchlight -- r1
[E] Knock Breaker -- r1

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
At the mention of the name Juelz, Apple stiffened up and cleared his throat. He stared at Kaori for a long time seemingly weighing what Kaori had to say over in his mind before he responded. He took a step back away from her and took his hands away from her. His big presence seemed to shrink before her and whatever incited this reversal in behavior was probably a benefit for the girl. He motioned for Kaori to sit down at the bar as he went to pour a drink without asking what she would like. Despite what Apple looked like, the bar glasses were at least clean. He poured her something fizzy and non-alcoholic and placed it in front of her.

He opened his mouth several times to speak before words actually came out.

"Juelz, eh? I haven't heard that name in almost a decade...it brings back memories. Sweet thing, I don't know how you got mixed up with her, but, let me tell you, she ain't to be trifled with." He reached over the bar and pulled the stool from next to her back to where he as. It gave an awful creak under the weight of him, surely crying out from the pressure.

"Now I know that little story you just told me was a lie. Ain't nobody know the name "Juelz" besides that she-demon, since she the one who gave it to me." It seemed that Kaori had found her "Juelz" in Apple. His voice was lower now, so nobody passing in and out would know what they were discussing.

"If she sent you than I have no qualms about helping you out but how is that devil? Does it still hurt to look at her and when she walks away does she still leave glitter in her wake? Is she still everything? How about the little plain girl she's always with? She still up and kicking? Tell me about her." His eyes glistened as he went from fear to longing when he asked Kaori about Yomi. He practically salivated at the mouth for any information about her. However and whenever they met, it still seemed that he was dazzled by whatever voodoo she cast before she left.

[OOC: To progress, first tell Apple a story, fictitious or otherwise, about Yomi and Asuka]

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
zi3qFZX.png
The man's demeanor shifted at the mention of Juelz, a female. All this time, she expected the name Juelz to be that of a man's. Shows how much she knows about foreign languages and names. The look of discomfort upon the man was saddening and quite welcoming at the same time as he took his grimy mitts off of Kaori's body. She was motioned to have a seat as something was poured into a strangely clean glass in front of her. She took the seat and the drink and took a sip as the man started with his sob story of the only other person to know the name. Kaori really needed to work on the art of deception a bit more as it was certainly not her forte; much like seduction isn't much her forte. Kaori cleared her throat and sighed outwardly as this man was left broken by the goddess named Yomi.

</I>
She-Demon -- that's funny.​
<i>
</i>
"Well, the '<I>she-devil' is doing fine. You could actually say that she was my savior in my time of need. So I don't understand all this 'she-devil' business that you are rattling on about," Kaori said, resenting the remarks of Yomi being a 'she-devil' by this gross mess of a man. She took a sip from her non-alcoholic beverage, which she wasn't too angry about due to being on a mission right now, and kept her eyes plastered upon the man named Apple. From his words, it seemed that he was hurt by her emotionally; maybe an unrequited love or the fact that he probably got rejected with the force of 10 bombs going off simultaneously. Oh, she's going to tease Yomi about this one. Breaking a man's heart so much that he turned into human sludge and started to work out of a run-down piss-hole in the middle of nowhere. That HAD to have been some hardcore loss right there.

"She's still quite radiant. Certainly looks fantastic naked," she said as a means of teasing poor Apple. It was then that the story shifted to Asuka; the apparently 'plain' looking girl. She doesn't know if the man had eyes for only Yomi, but his perception of beauty was probably skewed due to his tunnel-vision love for the goddess and who could blame him? Kaori pushed out a laugh at the mention of Asuka being 'plain' looking. It was hard for her to really recall what Asuka looked like, but it was her perception (or at least part of her memory) that believed Asuka was actually very pretty; not as pretty as Yomi or Kaori, herself, but pretty enough. Her demeanor made it hard to remember her by due to being quite demure, if not robotic at times. She was a sweet-heart though.

"Well, Yomi and Asuka live in seclusion with a large wolf-dog-thing named Besito. They live in a cute little wooden cabin out in the middle of nowhere. They took me in when I was having trouble with my family and a lot of things happened afterwards. Yomi is rising in the ranks and Asuka is considering emotions," she said. She said truths about Yomi but the information she gave to Asuka was complete bullshit. She didn't even know if Asuka was capable of emotions unless something where to happen to Yomi, but otherwise she wasn't sure if the entire idea of feeling even dawned upon her. "I even had a couple flings with Yomi a time or two. Like that time in her office and that time in the hot-spring, and that time in her cabin as Asuka watched, and that time out in the woods," she said as a big grin rose from her lips. Not only was she teasing poor Apple, but she was also projecting her fantasies with Yomi. Truth-be-told, Kaori was probably a pervert; mainly for Yomi though.

"Oh! And her boobs got bigger too!" she said as she nodded to the man and wiggled her eyebrows. Kaori laughed and placed a hand upon the man's shoulder and shook her head. "I'm just messing with you, we never did anything like that. A girl can dream, can't she?" she said before giving off a rather uncomfortable laugh. "Anyway, they're doing well. There has to be a story behind you and Yomi back in the day, hm?" she asked, leaning in towards the man wanting to know more juicy details. After a moment, she shook her head and got back on track.

"Anyway, Juelz," she said now that she detracted anyone listening in from feeling like it was people talking about another woman instead of someone as shady as the person named Juelz. Kaori's voice lowered. "Truth is, I was sent here to find you so I can get a component for a cure. That's about as much as I'm allowed to tell you about that," she said, divulging just a touch of information to Apple/Juelz, hoping the information and teasing she did was enough to satisfy his craving for more information and even satisfy his lustful urges for the moment.​

OOC:
WC- 842
WC Total - 2494 / 5000

Equipment:
Augments
- Swift
- Daze
- Free Flow
- Steady

Mechanized Traps
[E] Watchlight -- r1
[E] Knock Breaker -- r1

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Apple hung on to everyone of Kaori's words with bated breath. He savored each word, committing them to memory in an attempt to later recall and reflect. His eyes widened at the girls mention of a naked Yomi. Clutching his proverbial pearls he poured himself a shot of something dark and strong and took it. Slightly choking he wiped the corners of his mouth on his tattered sleeve.

"Aye! I bet she looks beautiful. Too much for my eyes and too much for yours too, sweet thing. Never look directly at her. A brief glance, sure, but if you stare too long you'd get stuck in a trance. Only thing that I know that does that is a God or Demon. And don't tell me about no Genjutsu or whatever you shinobi do. It ain't the same. Let me tell you, she ain't no benevolent all knowing thing in the sky. Only demons walks among us, remember that. " Apple poured himself another shot as she gave Kaori this 'solid' advice.

He chuckled at the mention of Asuka considering emotions. "That blank canvas is perfect for that She-Demon to paint whatever she wants. She's always been polite to Ol' Apple though..."HIs voice trailed off as a distant memory came to the forefront of his mind.

"Well, if she sent you to procure an item from me. It ain't gonna come cheap..." Apple took his second shot as if bracing for Kaori to tell him what the item was.

"So...what does she want?" He asked as he placed the glass on the counter top.

[OOC; Being a good kunoichi Kaori must have her wits about her. It is not all jutsus and damage! A skilled shinobi must often use their wits and words before their fists and fury. Better that then to accidentally kill a Damiyo's son of a friendly country inciting a war. Be prepared to negotiate!]

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
zi3qFZX.png
This man constantly gushed about Yomi's radiance and abundance of beauty. While he wasn't wrong,
she would just take his word for it and continue to treat Yomi the same way she has always treated her. Which was no different than how Yomi treated Kaori. They treated each other as equals, at least to Kaori's understanding, and treat each other as women as well. While Kaori does fantasize about Yomi from time to time, she never made that obvious or apparent. The man starting going on a rant about how Yomi is either a god or a demon. Kaori chuckled uncomfortably, wait a brow raised. If he only knew what Yomi really was. While Kaori doesn't know EXACTLY what she was, at least he knew a little bit more than Juelze did.

"Yes, you're quite right. It most certainly wasn't a genjutsu, eh heh," she said as the man stated that only demons walked among us. Well, not entirely true as monsters do so as well. At least monsters in human skin could walk around unimpeded unless it was necessary for them to show their true form. But one thing did bother her though, if there were nothing but demons walking among the humans, why couldn't their be gods? It would only equalize things out if gods and demons walked amongst humans; otherwise this world would be far too chaotic for humans to exist.
That, or people would grow too wicked; much, much too wicked to walk in the human realm without any kind of resistance. Something about this man's logic was flawed; perhaps it was for his undying devotion to the goddess that was Yomi.

He then made mention of Asuka being a blank canvas, leaving Kaori silent for a moment. She didn't really have much to say about that. It was then that Juelz reminded Kaori that she was here to procure an item. Kaori nodded and pulled out the note from Yomi and read the ingredient out loud. "She wanted me to get a..." she paused before locating the name of the item.

"Jaw of the Fire Mane Mount with the teeth in-tact" she said as she put the note away. She looked over Juelz for a moment and raised a brow. "How hard would that be to procure?

OOC:
WC- 379
WC Total - 2873 / 5000

Equipment:
Augments
- Swift
- Daze
- Free Flow
- Steady

Mechanized Traps
[E] Watchlight -- r1