Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Genin Test Passed! Celebratory Ramen! [pvt with Tatsuo]

Samsara Saito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
His wooden forehead protector shining in the afternoon sun, Saito is full of energy once more as he bounces with Tatsuo down the Red Oak District, asking him questions about Genin missions. "What kind of missions will I perform this time, Shinrin-sensei? Will we get to fight pirates yet? I can't wait to go sailing! And underground! And in a volcano! And underwater! And climbing mountains! Let's get a mission where we have to help a big bird save its kids or we have to rescue a kid from bad guys! What kind of missions do you like to do, sensei? I'd be happy to do whatever you like to do!" He continues like that until they get to the ramen shop where, finally, the boy gets to try some of the Leaf's famous Ichiraku Ramen! The child felt a little guilty that he had never actually tried their dango competition, so eager was he to learn the Rasengan, but... he'd have the time!

Entering the shop with Tatsuo, Saito smiles as his Sensei addresses the shopowner, and when it's time to order the boy is not shy about asking for what basically amounts to a steady stream of food. He'd just climbed a waterfall, but in Saito's mind all he wanted to do was climb a ramenfall. Images of climbing up a flowing, falling river of noodles, broth, char siu pork and naruto noodle had the kid's stomach raging even as they sat there. At a particularly loud grumble, the boy just laughs and smiles at Tatsuo, folding hands behind his head. "We're gonna eat all the food in this place, Shinrin-sensei! I almost feel bad." As Saito got older, the dangers of not feeding him breakfast became far more impactful as the more he would consume for lunch overall.

[Topic entered with Tatsuo from "The Future Awaits! [Genin Exam]"]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Well, you're still a Genin so it's not like you're going to be doing stuff that much different, but i'm also a Jonin now.. so we'll probably look about getting you in a squad under me." he said shrugging his shoulders, "I'm also looking at Ryo and Yaboi. I think we'd make a good squad, what do you think?" he said looking over to him as they walked to the ramen shop wondering what Saito thought of the idea. "I'm thinking, maybe we can even go to Tea together. You heard about the big tournament right? My best friend is participating and i'd like to go cheer him on." he said grinning at the thought of hanging out with Hoshi again. As they walked into the shop Tatsuo made his way sitting to the bar and began to make small talk with the man behind the counter. "Yeah, he just became a Genin. So i'm treating him to Ramen." he said smiling as the man cheered, a few people even clapping for Saito.

Tatsuo didn't mean to embarrass him but, considering Saito was like a little brother to him, he had to embarrass him a little. Placing the order for the both of them, "I'll take two house specials, might want to start cooking the next ones. We're both pretty hungry." Tatsuo said as he leaned back in the chair, crossing his arms as he waited for the man to start cooking. Turning his attention now to Saito he lowered his voice and began to play with the chopsticks in front of him, tapping on the table as he thought how to put this into words. "So Saito.. that Genin Exam, it actually was two exams in one.. I'd like to talk to you about the second one." he said smiling tenderly.

Samsara Saito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Saito stops walking somewhere in the middle of their trip to the Ramen shop, and looks at Tatsuo incredulously. "WHEN did you become a Jounin??" Saito asked, surprise apparent in his voice. The boy didn't even know Tatsuo had been tested for Jounin, much less actually made it... WOW! "That's AMAZING, Shinrin-sensei! I knew you would make it to Jounin! Congratulations! How do you just casually drop words on me like that, sensei? 'Yeah sure, Saito, stuff won't be too different, but I'm also a Jounin now, so yeah, blah blah blah...'" The boy's imitation of Tatsuo's voice is pretty spot-on, right down to the pacing and word intonation. The 9-year old goes on with it for a little while longer, before cracking up laughing. He eventually pulls it together, then punches Tatsuo in the shoulder. "Tell me all about it! What did you have to do for your test? Was it difficult? Did you have to, like, climb a... leaffall or something? Or a firefall! Did you have to climb fire, Sensei?"

"I like Yaboi and Ryo, Shinrin-sensei! They are already good friends, so I bet they have good teamwork. What are their jutsu? Do you think my jutsu will work well with theirs, Sensei? Why did you decide on us, anyway?"

"Tea sounds REALLY interesting! And yeah I've heard about the tournament! Who is your best friend? I can't wait to visit there, what a great adventure this is gonna be!"

When they got to the ramen shop and Tatsuo told everyone that Saito made Genin, Saito didn't hog the limelight for one second. "And Tatsuo-sensei just made Jounin!" he told everyone in the place. "He's gonna lead his own squad!" Remembering the old man from the dango shop, he wasn't surprised that some older people in the restaurant especially loved to see the former kid Tatsuo now leading kid Genin of his own.

Saito let Tatsuo order the food, swinging his legs beneath the high chair as he nodded his confirmation that there would need to be multiple orders for them both. Listening to Tatsuo as they waited, the boy frowned as Tatsuo spoke. TWO exams? I thought it was one Genin exam with two parts... Tatsuo had all of Saito's attention then, the boy's legs ceasing to swing as he listens to what the Jounin has to say about the second exam.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo should've known better than trying to pull a fast one on Saito, as soon as he in got a simple jab, Saito hit him with the book. Rubbing the back of his neck and practically turning into a tomato he thanked everyone who had cheered him on and nudged Saito jokingly. "Sorry, I didn't tell you kid. I just didn't want you to worry.. it went a bit worse than I expected." he said turning to him and pulling down his shirt to show a huge wound across his chest. It had obviously been about a week, so it had a thick dark scab over it, but looked pretty gnarly nonetheless. He brought back his shirt back down as to not disgust any of the patrons. "It was pretty tough. Unreasonably tough, if you ask me." he said shrugging his shoulders with an a touch of indignation, something that wasn't common from the usual cheerful Tatsuo.

However he knew why he was here and wasn't trying to ruin the moment by talking about himself, or any injuries he received. He was quick to grin when Saito said he liked Yaboi and Ryo, "Well great, i'll be sure to put in a request to put us all on a squad. We can leave for Tea soon." He said with a firm nod as their first bowls arrived. Tatsuo grinned and began to dig in as his student him showered him with questions like he had many times before. In between bites he'd answer them all, almost like clockwork. "Yeah, Hoshi will be there. I'm hoping he will win." lifting his bowl to drink some of the soup he sighed in relief as it went down, refreshing him nearly instantly. "You know he's one of my brothers in the Blazing Spirit..." Tatsuo looked at Saito for a few moments and rubbed his chin in thought. "Yeah, about the second exam.. Well, I think your Spirit Blazes. Had you rushed in there, sacrificing you and your friends lives for the completion of the mission, that's devotion to a village. Something that many villages love to have. However you took another path, the path where your spirit can truly blaze. And because of that, i'd like to give you the opportunity to join the Blazing Spirit." While Tatsuo's smile was usually ear to ear, there was something special about it today. A level of pride that was unexplainable, he was so happy to be able to offer this to Saito, someone who he not just saw as a student, but as a brother. "If you'd join our ranks, well there isn't much that'd make me happier."

Samsara Saito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
THIS IS IT! IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING! Kumo's newest genin thought to himself with glee. The second test was to demonstrate Saito's priorities in battle, which certainly involved lower losses of life in exchange for the loss of reckless opportunities for indeterminate gain. That more than anything else -- or, maybe more accurately, along with everything else -- proved the 9-year old's blazing spirit.

The child knew his spirit blazed from when Tatsuo first told him about what it took to qualify. He knew that if he could just show Tatsuo, if he could just prove it, he'd be in no problem. It was a great deal of hard work... it involved him leaving the cloud and going on adventures, it meant a constantly changing setting with new people and new goals, understanding exactly what he's made of and pushing even harder... but he was ready for it, and now he'd made it. He knew he would. And now, he only had to say the words he'd been dreaming of saying ever since the first day he met Tatsuo.

"I accept, Shinrin-sensei! I'm finally a member! This is just the start! I'm so ready!" he answers happily, the boy's excitement blazing as brightly as his spirit.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back