Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Get away or Getting down to work? [Calling iNPC Yuri]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kamaru stretched as he walked, it had been a while since Yuri had come in and filed her paperwork making him wonder if she had lost hope as he walked into her work place. Domashi's Neon Noodle wasn't the biggest or fanciest of places but those kinds of places were few and far between. Stone prided itself on function at times it seemed and from the crowd it focused on the food being good rather than the decor. With an envelop in hand he'd wait to see if she working current or if she wasn't around finding a table away from the regulars. This was a mission he didn't really have time to look into but he needed someone to look into it. No lower ranking ninja had requested a job of sorts like this so this was up in the air. Considering the current state of affairs it might be a good idea for her to test her skills in this type of location on a mission.

(OoC: Took a few liberties)

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
{That's cool.}
Topic enter as INPC: Yamazaki Yuri
Hostess Yuri
9b4acee9-f209-46f1-adaf-b85d90c3299f_zpsa8f5c88f.jpg

This is audio log #NS0023. My life seemed to be picking up, turning in a more positive direction as of late. Work seemed so much more fulfilling, even with something as small as being placed as a greeter/hostess. And ever since I meant those teenagers dancers, I've been able to look forward to workouts again, rewarding myself with the exploration of a few new dance moves to make after train regiments each night. The pay at the time was barely enough to get me by, even though in actuality it was more then enough since Sadako hasn't been charging me anything. It just didn't feel right not giving her something though so I frequently offered nearly half of my earnings. Plus I got a chance to see some new sites and meet some new faces.

In all that time and activity, I had forgotten about the visit I should have been expecting from the Main Branch Sennin. Well,... around two hours before noon time on a Thursday, I came in to work short shift. Domashi's had seen a lot more business since I joined and I soon discovered that I would be sharing shifts along two other younger women. Anyway, when I left for a short break, I came out of the staff area to found a guy at a table closest to the staff door. I almost walked pass him but sensed slight movement. I turned to him immediately to address him with a bow stating in a soft and causal tone, "Good afternoon sir, I ho...pe,..." I focused on to him but for a second to realize just who I was talking to. The tension, the panic, the heavy breathing,... it all came back. It wasn't quite as unbearable as it used to be, but enough to remind me that with all that had changed about me, little had changed here.

I take a more military 'at ease' posture to show proper respect. I resolved to not make a fool out of myself for 'once' in front of him. After I cleared my throat, I greeted him appropriately in a soft be more professional tone, "Forgive me,... Good afternoon Sennin-Sama" I gave a nod and continued. "How may I serve you?" Okay,... well I didn't ACTUALLY say anything different then I would have said earlier or to anyone else really, but it was the delivery that was important I think. I knew I just couldn't hide my nervousness though, but otherwise I felt I could hold it together.

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kamaru blinked several times looking at the young lady looking at her posture.
Maybe it’s indigestion… Kamaru thought from her sudden rigidness. Dismissing the though when she asked what she could do to serve him he frowned slightly and scanned the menu.

”I have a mission for you but you’ll be away from work for a bit, it’s on a remote island but if I need to order... Is there a special of the day here? I’ll have the special if there is one. If not have them bring me whatever I’m not too picky.” Kamaru explained tapping an envelope before sliding the menu away and folded his hands in front of him on the table and regarded Yuri.

(OoC: Food order for after or during the briefing is fine. Unless you just want me to give you the folder and eat.)

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Judging from the facial expression he made, he didn't seem too pleased with my... something. Perhaps my mere presence annoyed him at this him at point. This kind of served as an answer to a prayer I had. But anyway, he brought news of a mission that seemed rather far away. The only response I could muster was "I see."

He when on to ask about menu items and specials, something I had become comfortable with in terms of knowledge. I knew that he said he wasn't picky but it was always better to get an idea of what he liked or have him order rather than take guesses and needlessly redo an order. I stepped beside him as best I could to open the menu he placed down and bent over to get a better view, glasses, to do what he called SAS, or speak and show. "Okay, well Thursday is all about tuna so most specials today will be centered around that. We have quite a few choices when it comes to sushi..." Using my index finger and pinky, I scrolled the down the menu with my right hand. "Most people enjoy teriyaki tuna rolls and teriyaki tuna rolls tempura. I personally like the creme cheese tuna roll with the family's recipe yakitori sauce. Of course we have other options if you not into sweets, here and here, the regular and Terrible Tuna Roll. This type is for those who are into.. really.. spicy food. Don't go there if you have a weak tongue. If your not into tuna at all, I'd suggest the Udon bowl here, you go with the standard one with these ingredients listed here or completely customize it. Normally the standard bowl can be a bit heavy on salt or sodium but I find that a couple of dumplings can actually balance that out."

From there I stood straight up and kind of wrap up things on the food business side, "Can I get you anything to drink? I believe you like coffee. It's not on the menu but I can get that you when I go back to put in your order." I took a glance at the envelope on the table and was suddenly reminded how far off track I was going. "And um, I'll also have to notify my boss that I'll need sometime to discuss this." I waited for him to tell me his order before going back to place it with the food prep staff and requesting a slight extension on my break. In that time I would collect myself in preparation to hear the mission details, hoping it was something I can handle. And as I came back with his beverage, I would take a seat across from with some sweet tea of my own.

{Took some liberties of my own.}

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I'll just go with a regular Udon bowl this time around. Water is fine with it." Kamaru explained before adding, "If you're talking to your boss you'll probably want to tell him you'll be gone for three to five weeks also. You won’t have to be worries about living expense… you might want to look into a place to stay in the wild though if locals can’t provide room and board if paid for the service."

(OoC: Short post it looked like I needed to wait on the food and Yuri being focused to start).

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I took note of his order in my head, thank that he wasn't picky like he claimed. Then I went into the back to submit our order to the team and pulled my boss to the side to request the HUGE favor of 30 more minutes to an hour. When he asked why, I told him, "Well, you see I'm kind of a *cringes and fiddles with hands* shinobiii and ummm, my other boss is here to discuss a mission." All he had to say was, "I see. When does this "mission" start and how long will it take?" I could sense the easiness within him. I never had gotten around to telling him of my former profession, nor of the fact that I might be returning to it. "Well... maybe three weeks?..." He sighed and removed the towel from his shoulder before he started to drop the bomb, "Look Yuri, this isn't like you. Something like that you shouldn't keep. Now I have to deal with an unstable schedule too? Shinobi's get pulled away at a moments notice all the time I believe..."

By this time I could see where this was going and my mind began to race. "Its been a joy having you here and much of the staff can agree to that. AND,... you've help turn this business run in your short time of being here. But I don't know if you can do both jobs effectively. Look, talk to your friend and sort things out. It just disappointing to think that you'd just drop us like this." I tried to plead with him that, "Sir I... I sorry, I didn't know... I mean, it just slipped my mind. I love it here. I don't want to just..." From there he'd cut me off telling me, "Look, I'll think about while you're not here... Just take the rest of the day off huh?" To that I simply nod with sorrow on my face. As I turned to head back out I remember running my finger our my face to collect myself before I picked up other drinks.

As I return to table, despite having a weighted heart, I sat with the biggest smile I could wear. "Good news, I have the day off." Not so good considering the owner needed the time to consider letting me go or not. I informed him on the wait time, "With the Udon noddle bowl the wait time is usually around 10 minutes but the soup cracker make for nice to snack on until then." I know the my mind had trailed off as I was stared at the staff door wondering about my future here verses being a shinobi. However, as result come to think of it I did relax my posture, maybe for too long. I had forgot I was sitting in front of a Sennin.

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Well, I just tell you about the mission, I can have that done in under ten. Masuno Settan a successful merchant and avid sailor along with his wife Hoshi had made plans to sail off to one of the many islands in the area from Iwa. Reports of them not showing up to check in at the inn they were scheduled at several days ago was compounded when local reports of a flash of light in the area falling into the sea were made at several areas around the island they were scheduled to stay at. Fisherman reported an odd part of a garbled message on the radio of ‘The sea is upside down’ from someone hysterical was heard once or twice but other than that little is known about odd things and occurrences in the area. It might be unrelated it might be related it’s unclear. I’d like for you to go looking for the Masuno’s and figure out what happened regardless, it might be as simple as he had medical problems he didn’t know about and ran aground on some rocks or a reef on the way to the island. It might be something… well odd. That’s for you to find out and investigate though.” he explained pulling out a map and an envelope. ”Here’s the estimated area they think the light hit down possibly from the multiple sightings on the island. Plus the path the boat was supposedly on. Here’s some money for boarding and equipment… You might not want to be back in the village for a bit so if you get done early I’d take off four weeks or so, there’s enough money to cover cost to have a moderate extended stay without needed to work for a bit… Any questions?” Kamaru added sliding Yuri an envelope.

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I did my best to clear my mind and focus on the mission details. I had to direct my sight to the tip of his nose though and took multiple small sips from my straw. The contents of the mission seemed strange though. The mission itself didn't seem too heavy but with so much unknown.... Part of the way through he pulled out a map and a second envelope to elaborate on the points of interest. I place my tea aside take a look down, thankful I didn't have to feint eye-contact for a bit. But he said something that really troubled me, made me think about the mission in its entity. I knew this was suppose to be a test mission but it was a mission none the less. I didn't see myself with the skill set to needed to take on this mission on my own. Maybe he saw something in me that I didn't, but at the time I didn't consider that.

So, when he asked for questions, I paused to consider the details given and my wording. I'd take a look at the envelope(s) on the table, not making a move to touch it. Then I'd start with, "Will there be other operatives in route to this island too? If so, who should I expect to meet up with?" Though I had others I'd start that one and follow with a more detail focused one, "Did the couple have any family or friends,... or known enemies" But I wondered how I would phrase the real questions I had. Something about the last thing he said...

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
(OoC one of those bold brackets needed a /)

”There are a few people similar to police officers here in Iwa on the island basically local law enforcement or peace keepers. One will be assisting you upon arrival. Harada Iujushi. If you mean other shinobi it’s just you. The search area is in Long Bay close to a ‘small village’ I guess on the island known as Fair Prospect from the looks of where the ship possibly sank.” he explained tapping the north east area of the island on the map.

”The couple had no kids and what happens to their belongings is up in the air if no next of kin could be reach it’ll be under the discretion of the Maruishi Proper. As for enemies maybe business rivals, probably nothing serious enough to kill him over, there’s be less showy ways to do it though then this if that was the case though. Pumping gas into their bedroom while they slept or poison in their water supply would make less of a splash so to speak and wouldn’t have been as noticeable. But to start down that route things need to be veriefied this might just be assisting in the recovery of bodies and determining time and cause of death but it may be something more, if you can get a look at the bodies you might able to tell if it was from natural causes or foul play… if the later I’d be careful even if you’re back in fighting shape. This is essentially your mission. If things wrap up quickly I’d stick around on the island for a bit.” he explained stressing taking a break for a change again. He'd look at her and await to she what else she needed from him.

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He went on to explain some the details in response to my first question. It was a little informative but to be honest, I barely can remember what he told me in him answering my question. As he spoke, I slowly reach for the envelope to open it and peek at the contents in side, not trying to take it out unless I had to. In the second answer I got a better understanding of why I specific was chosen to handle this task.... Then, he said it again, in different words. The uneasiness was too much to ignore. Closing the envelope, I locked eyes with him as best I could. I did nothing to mask my concerned look on my face at the moment. I push my glasses up and take a quick survey of our surroundings before looking to him again, "Is there um... anything else I um should know about, or is it all covered in here?" I stated placing a hand on the envelope. I didn't really know how to inquire about this 'conditional' he was pushing.

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”For the mission feel free to take the intel for review on the boat ride, I wouldn’t leave it out on the beach if you can so to speak. For you…” Kamaru explained his words trailing off as he thought of how to phrase it, ”Just be careful… we are still foreigners in someone else’s birth land. Good Luck Yuri. I hope to see you again afterwards.” Kamaru finished cryptically in a more than normal serious tone. Getting up to leave and patting her on the shoulder she would probably notice the empty dishes in front of him, during the discussion he had managed to finish his food as it came out and still talk at a normal conversational speed. Yuri would probably wonder if he just swallowed it without chewing since it was mostly gone in a short amount of time. Leaving money on the table for the meal he buttoned his jacket and left. He told her all she needed to know but probably not all she wanted to know. For the main part she would probably wonder what was going on with him. That was something he seemed to be keeping secret.

[Topic Left as PC - Kamaru; Still modding mission]
(OoC: The material left are a map of the island, details on the case known, and enough salary for a Chuunin working full time for two monthes. Let me know if you start/continue the thread in The Sea (The island would be in that subforum)

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[I typed a role-play twice and each time I've had it lost in some way. I'm going quickie post mode. I'm sorry if it's not much of a post.]

As we got our food, Kamaru managed to choke it down with little problem. But as he prepared to leave. I found myself with even more question with his last words for me. All I could do was stare at the mission items like pieces to a puzzle or clues to a riddle. Him patting my shoulder didn't bring any comfort at the time. My mind would be rushed with thoughts, pondering whether his omission of information was for my protection, or would serve to place me in true danger.

[Topic ended]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back