Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private Get in here! (Calling on Asuka. And Takeshi if he wants.)

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The cold air felt good, the rain felt good, even the feeling of eyes on him felt good. Maki felt reborn, revitalized, reinvigorated for the trials and tribulations he had surpassed and had yet to meet. Happi was worried, he knew that much. Happi’s default state of being lately was to worry, and losing a limb to those freaks in Mist hadn’t done the man’s temperament any good. Still, Maki was beyond ecstatic to be back in his game.

Maki’s appearance was at once different and yet oh-so very familiar. A form-fitting black shirt covered his upper torso, the short sleeves barely reaching past his shoulders. Over this was a red jacket with black stripes on the arms, going to his wrist on said limbs and ending abruptly just at his ribs on his form. White marks of the symbol of Konoha decorated the breast and back of the garment. On these longer sleeves were the blood red han kote that had been with him for so long, forgotten these past years. A pair of black pants were on his lower form, with similar blood red haidate to provide shin protection. Brown boots completed the look down there, while gray bandage wrappings on his hands did so above.

But the most striking change in his appearance would be even higher. His hair was once more cut to eye level, black spikes of it falling around his face and providing tantalizing glimpse at the near-soulless orbs of his eyes. Gray windows to the madness of the soul beneath, they looked less like human eyes and more like those of a hawk watching a mouse run across a field. The way his hand rested on the katana hilt at his side left little doubt he was the predator in many situations. The other katana he wore was an odd one, however, for there was what looked to be a parrying ring built into it and the sheathe was bulkier.

Maki walks past the secretary, as they try to request he stop and demand an appointment he would turn his head and stare at them for a moment, transfixing them with that look. ”Is she with anyone important?” His voice was rough, tense, and promised agony if anything but the truth was forthcoming. The woman stutters a bit, unsure how to respond to this intense man who she knew before as being kind but also quite unbothered by threats to not simply walk into the Hokage’s office.

Finally she gives up and sits down, not wanting to earn ire from him. Maki turns back to the door and opens it, walking in and looking at the new Hokage. ”We need to talk.” It was not a request, nor even a demand. A simple statement of fact as he reaches into the jacket’s inner pockets and removed two shot glasses and a bottle of bourbon. And then takes a seat and motions for Asuka to do the same.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka was taking a sip from her tea as she wrote down on the paperwork in front of her. It was a genuine nice day out there, she was at peace, with her own thought and the work in front of her. A bright smile on her face as she continued. That is until she started hearing a commotion outside of her office.

Apparently someone wanted to come in and talk with her, taking one more sip from her tea she waited for that person to burst in because for some reason she no one would be able to stop what was coming. She could feel it in her bones. With a bright smile on her face she continued to write down, that is until the doors swung open. Well, at the very least the doors weren't broken.. again. Looking up she saw someone she didn't expect, the old Hokage advisor and her collegue Maki.

And as always, he was a straight as an arrow when talking. Shaking her head she giggled. "What can I help you with Maki? I hope you've been doing well."

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The glasses and bottle were ignored. Apparently her tea was fine enough. Maki did miss sitting and sharing a drink with Takeshi, and apparently Asuka was not the type to take bourbon from strange men wearing armor and weapons and walking into her office unannounced. She was weird like that, supposedly.

Maki also chooses to ignore the drink, instead deciding to get right to the point. ”Better than well. I’ve taken a pilgrimage to Kirigakure, fixed some issues with my brain and my soul, and got back the power some bitch-worshipping former Head Jounin took from me years ago when he attacked me out of nowhere. I want my old job back.” He finally leans forward and fills both glasses, taking his own and tossing it back.

He had a feeling Asuka would not respond well to this. And likely might want that drink after this conversation either way. For himself, Maki wasn’t going to ignore a good bourbon. Especially since he had the feeling he was about to get into an argument over the merits of putting him back in his old spot.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi took the opportunity or timing of that moment to stroll into the office as he looked at the conversation that was taking place, listening to the last part of the conversation that was going on he smirked slightly as he leaned against the door frame and looked towards the man that sat down. He walked up behind Maki, his footsteps strong as he let his hand pat the main on the shoulder. Smiling towards Asuka he dragged the chair out that was beside Maki and heaved himself down in the seat as he looked at the two.

"Well at least I got here once Maki had opened the bottle of drink, it seems so long ago that you took that leave, so it's good to hear you after your old job. Funny you mention that this seems like my first time in this office as Hokage Advisor, looks like I got the same job as you want back, weird how the world works my old friend isn't it?"

Reaching over he grabbed a glass from the desk and lifted the liquid up and looked at it, it seemed that Maki was not cheaping out this time. It seemed like he was going to be buying the good stuff, Takeshi smelt the liquid before swirling it lightly in the glass before bringing it to his lips he sipped the liquid for a few moments.

"Well it seems that you still have a fine taste in booze, I must admit the drinking sessions I have missed, and I can see you are as eager as ever to get back into the full swing of things. But let me be straight with you Maki, have you come back full of yourself, or have are you still broken, after all, I hope the pieces are put back together?"

Takeshi leaned back in the chair opposite Asuka as he sipped his drink, he tipped his head towards the fifth Hokage as he waited for a reply, it seemed the conversation he was here to have would have to be put on pause, but that was fine it was a general report on how the exams had gone and recent missions that had been completed. More boring things than the interesting conversation that was in front of him right. He sat there waiting to see what his old friend would say on the matter at hand.

[Topic Entered]
[MFT:400]

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka took a sip from her drink as Maki spoke. She never drank on the job, or rather... didn't want to drink. The taste of alcohol never got along with her. Strong ones like whiskey, bourbon, or vodka. God no, too strong. But tea, tea was life. With a smile on her face she lowered her cup and looked at Maki. He didn't change.

"Straight to the point." Asuka nodded with a giggle "I've always liked that about you, makes me feel like I can trust you." She said taking another sip from her tea. She didn't speak as she looked over to the door. It seemed as though they had another visitor.

"Takeshi! Come in. Come in." She said gesturing the man to walk forward. "The world is full of surprises indeed."

Asuka scratched the back of her head as Takeshi brought back Maki's past. It was a bit of a sore spot for her but she didn't want to bring it up, at leas not on a fully state. While Takeshi finished talking she turned her chair around and looked at the window. Thinking on what her next move would be. Knowing Maki's history he could be a great asset to the village. That being said.

"Let's put that to the test shall we." Asuka said turning her chain around, spinning a few times as she moved her hands through her sleeves. It took a few moments but finally she stopped, slamming an envelope on her desk. Right in the middle of the two. "Right here is your next mission." She said looking at Maki "Successfully complete it and you'll get your job back. Fail and you gotta complete the academy curriculum again. Test and all. Work your way up the ranks again." She giggled letting go of the envelope. "That mission is top secret, no one outside this room is to know of its exsistence. Takeshi, I would like you to accompany him in this endeavor. Mainly to keep an eye out."

[S-rank Mission Given]
[Details given by DM]

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Maki looks at the envelope and slips it open, pulling out the paperwork and looking it over. He shifts his eyes back up to Asuka and then back down to it, a feral grin coming over his features as he fills the glasses once more and tosses his own shot back down. ”This is a good one. And here I thought he was dead. Turns out he’s been hiding all along. In our ally state he set up the alliance with. Which means his ass knew full well what was going on. I like this mission.”

Maki rises, tosses the envelope into the air and flame overtaking it, sending bits and pieces of ash drifting around. ”I’ll go prepare and meet my entourage by the gates asap.” He leaves the bourbon and glasses as he heads out, not even bothering to open the door and simply stepping through it as if it wasn’t there.

He had a mission. To kidnap the former Hokage, Umashi of Kumogakure. Kidnap, not kill, but still would involve a fight. He was itching to test himself against such a foe.

(Topic left)

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi still leaned in the chair as he looked to Maki, it seemed the confidence was brimming from him at the fact of what the mission entitled. He knew full well what was to be expected of him, as he allowed himself to sigh slightly he stood up from his chair watching Maki leave he smiled slightly. It was good to see his friend back to his normal self, as he smiled he knew full well that he was going to be in for a situation that much was true. He turned back around to Asuka, emptying the glass and sliding it onto the table he nodded towards the Hokage.

"You know, coming from you this seems a bit more serious in nature. Don't worry I won't pry into the reason behind the actions being called. We will carry them out and return them, I guess I will get packed. I may get another person just to enforce the team with the help it will require. I am sure you don't mind."

With that he nodded before turning on his heels and exiting towards the door as well, it seemed like Maki he knew full well that he had to get himself prepared, he had to check his gear and make all the travel arrangements. He pondered if the group was a bit full-on for the force that it was sending out, but shrugged in his mind, after all, he was getting back up, and right now that is all that mattered to him. He had a group he could trust with his life and he knew full well that they should feel the exact same about him, he would never give up on them and that was the key to this mission's success. After all the task wasn't going to be an easy one.

[MFT: 300]
[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back