Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Ghost Walker

Ninpocho Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ghost Walker
Ghostwalker.jpg

Ghost Walkers might have been a clan in days of old, but they now live scattered across the world, mostly keeping to themselves. Their distinct attuning to the otherworldly empowers them, allowing them to use Genjutsu much more destructively, and granting them other unique abilities. Strangely enough, many of them seem almost not quite there themselves...

Note: All techniques and buffs from this Core Ability are considered Spiritual.

Unreal Understanding - Passive (3 points)
Due to their experiences with the surreal and illusionary, Ghost Walkers are less affected by illusions and tend to be less fearful than others, not being completely affected by the intended penalties.
Effect: All penalties from genjutsu are reduced by 1. Additionally, all % chances in Genjutsu to cause a negative effect on the user are reduced by 10%.

Genjutsu Mastery - Passive (2 points)
Restriction- C Rank and up
With their understanding of the real and unreal, Ghost Walkers can use genjutsu much more effectively than others can, making their illusions more potent and longer lasting.
Effect: All Genjutsu costs are reduced by 10%. Genjutsu which are fully effective last an additional round before resistance checks are made, and Partially-Effective Genjutsu are treated as fully effective for 1 round after the initial use.

Extra-Sensory Perception - Ability Modification (2 points)
Restriction- Requires Sixth Sense
Honed beyond that mere "gut instinct" that some people can get, a Ghost Walker’s ability to know things by feeling is just downright creepy in how accurate they can be. They can often tell if something’s real or not (a fake, illusion, supernatural occurrence) just by looking at it.
Effect: +2 to Awareness and Genjutsu Save

Ethereal - Boost (1 point)
Restriction- Can only be purchased a maximum of 3 times.
Ghost Walkers can often take an ethereal form, hence the name. In some cases, they remain partly ethereal almost all the time, part in the world, and part in the world beyond.
Effect: -5% damage taken

Sound Mind - Boost (1 point)
Restriction- Can only be purchases a maximum of 3 times.
Because of their many encounters with the supernatural or unreal, Ghost Walkers are far less affected by the strange or illusionary, giving them a calm mind in the face of the bizarre or unreal, and allowing them to come out on top in a contest of wills.
Effect: +1 Genjutsu DC

Ethereal Weapon - Independent Special Move (3 points)
Long have Ghost Walkers sought a viable means of attacking while in Ghostly Form, and here it is--a weapon of sharpened chakra itself, striking with piercing force and able to be held by even the intangible.
Effect: User creates a weapon out of pure chakra; this costs 100 CP and 1 AP to summon and 100 CP/rnd to maintain. All attacks made with this weapon are considered Spiritual, and Genjutsu may be channeled through it without the use of handseals. This weapon has two augment slots and goes by normal Weapon Creation Jutsu rules.

Psychokinesis - Independent Special Move (2 pts)
Attempting to flee from a Ghost Walker in pursuit of you can be very difficult. Their keen senses are not the only reason; a Ghost Walker is capable of completely shutting down any of their targets' attempts to 'cheat' them out of a hit.
Effect: If any of the user's attacks are auto-dodged, they may reflexively pay 1 AP to cancel the auto-dodge. This requires a Genjutsu Check, and may only effect a target once every other round.
Notes:
- This may be used as its own conditional, and does not have to be tagged to a specific attack. (For example, the conditional could read 'use Psychokinesis on the first attack of mine that is auto-dodged.')
- Can be used on Activated Auto-dodges as well as passive auto-dodge activations.

Mind Over Body - Independent Special Move (3 Points)
With so much focus on their minds and honing their chakra, Ghost Walkers often find their minds recover so much more quickly than their bodies do, especially while in their native state of befuddling the mind.
Effect: The user activates this for 1.5 AP. For one full round, every Genjutsu the user casts that deals damage returns half of the damage dealt as CP to the user. Requires one full round of cooldown after use.

Spirit Barrier - Jutsu Modification (2 Points)
Restriction- Requires Barrier
There is more to this barrier than the mere name, as one attuned to the spirits can hear the whispers of ghosts around it as it shapes into existence. These spirits are more likely to withstand blows for one who can speak to them.
Effect: Barrier gains 1500 HP more than normal when used and fully heals itself each round. The user gains back 1% Max HP a turn while it is in use.

Phase-Out - Independent Special Move (2 points)
Ghost Walkers walk a fine line between dreams and reality, but at certain times, they may choose to cross further over into one or the other. In such cases, they're body itself may phase through physical objects unimpeded.
Effect: For 1.5 AP, the user may reflexively dispel one of their maintained Genjutsu in order to free themselves from any movement-restricting affect (this special move does not require movement). This has no affect on Genjutsu, and cannot be reused for a full round (10 seconds).

Spiritual Awakening - Ability Modification (3 points)
Restriction- Must have Shinobi 101
A Ghost Walker's talent for mixing the spirit world and the real world is unparalleled. Anything they have a particular, unusual talent with can be twisted to a semblance of the spirit realm, regardless of what it originally started out as.
Effect: The user's jutsu under the effect of Shinobi 101 are treated as Spiritual.

Ghostly Form - A-Rank Non-Elemental Ninjutsu (1 point, 1 to rank up)
Restriction- A-Rank and Up
The culmination of their supernatural power, a Ghost Walker can use this technique to turn completely ethereal for a small amount of time.
Rank 1: User turns ethereal for 2 rounds. While ethereal, the user takes -20% damage from Ninjutsu and Taijutsu. Their Alignment remains Spiritual regardless of what other techniques are used during this time. Additionally, the user takes an additional +5% damage from normal from Cursed attacks, and -5% damage from normal from Holy attacks. The user's Taijutsu attacks deal -15% less damage in this state unless used with their Ethereal Weapon.
Rank 2: User turns ethereal for 2 rounds. While ethereal, the user takes -30% damage from Ninjutsu and Taijutsu. Their Alignment remains Spiritual regardless of what other techniques are used during this time. Additionally, the user takes an additional +10% damage from normal from Cursed attacks, and -10% damage from normal from Holy attacks. The user's Taijutsu attacks deal -15% less damage in this state unless used with their Ethereal Weapon.
Cost: 2000 CP, 3% Max HP, and 3AP
Notes:
- This counts as a Chakra Armor.
- This jutsu is not a maintain; once activated, it cannot be deactivated until it ends.
- Can only be used twice per battle, and requires a full round of cooldown between uses.
- HP used on this jutsu counts as Illusionary and cannot be recovered for the rest of the battle.
- Cursed attacks that hit the user ignore the damage reduction against Ninjutsu and Taijutsu.

Ninpocho Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Code:
[b]Ghost Walker[/b]
[img]https://www.ninpocho.com/images/BattleSystem/CoreAbilities/Ghostwalker.jpg[/img]
[quote]Ghost Walkers might have been a clan in days of old, but they now live scattered across the world, mostly keeping to themselves. Their distinct attuning to the otherworldly empowers them, allowing them to use Genjutsu much more destructively, and granting them other unique abilities. Strangely enough, many of them seem almost not quite there themselves...

[i]Note:[/i] All techniques and buffs from this Core Ability are considered Spiritual.

[b][u]Unreal Understanding[/u][/b] - Passive (3 points)
Due to their experiences with the surreal and illusionary, Ghost Walkers are less affected by illusions and tend to be less fearful than others, not being completely affected by the intended penalties.
[b]Effect:[/b] All penalties from genjutsu are reduced by 1. Additionally, all % chances in Genjutsu to cause a negative effect on the user are reduced by 10%.

[b][u]Genjutsu Mastery[/u][/b] - Passive (2 points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] C Rank and up
With their understanding of the real and unreal, Ghost Walkers can use genjutsu much more effectively than others can, making their illusions more potent and longer lasting.
[b]Effect:[/b] All Genjutsu costs are reduced by 10%. Genjutsu which are fully effective last an additional round before resistance checks are made, and Partially-Effective Genjutsu are treated as fully effective for 1 round after the initial use.

[b][u]Extra-Sensory Perception[/u][/b] - Ability Modification (2 points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Requires Sixth Sense
Honed beyond that mere "gut instinct" that some people can get, a Ghost Walker’s ability to know things by feeling is just downright creepy in how accurate they can be. They can often tell if something’s real or not (a fake, illusion, supernatural occurrence) just by looking at it.
[b]Effect:[/b] +2 to Awareness and Genjutsu Save

[b][u]Ethereal[/u][/b] - Boost (1 point)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Can only be purchased a maximum of 3 times.
Ghost Walkers can often take an ethereal form, hence the name. In some cases, they remain partly ethereal almost all the time, part in the world, and part in the world beyond.
[b]Effect:[/b] -5% damage taken

[b][u]Sound Mind[/u][/b] - Boost (1 point)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Can only be purchases a maximum of 3 times.
Because of their many encounters with the supernatural or unreal, Ghost Walkers are far less affected by the strange or illusionary, giving them a calm mind in the face of the bizarre or unreal, and allowing them to come out on top in a contest of wills.
[b]Effect:[/b] +1 Genjutsu DC

[b][u]Ethereal Weapon[/u][/b] - Independent Special Move (3 points)
Long have Ghost Walkers sought a viable means of attacking while in Ghostly Form, and here it is--a weapon of sharpened chakra itself, striking with piercing force and able to be held by even the intangible.
[b]Effect:[/b] User creates a weapon out of pure chakra; this costs 100 CP and 1 AP to summon and 100 CP/rnd to maintain. All attacks made with this weapon are considered [color=green][glow=green]Spiritual[/glow][/color], and Genjutsu may be channeled through it without the use of handseals. This weapon has two augment slots and goes by normal Weapon Creation Jutsu rules.

[b][u]Psychokinesis[/u][/b] - Independent Special Move (2 pts)
Attempting to flee from a Ghost Walker in pursuit of you can be very difficult. Their keen senses are not the only reason; a Ghost Walker is capable of completely shutting down any of their targets' attempts to 'cheat' them out of a hit.
[b]Effect:[/b] If any of the user's attacks are auto-dodged, they may [i]reflexively[/i] pay 1 AP to cancel the auto-dodge. This requires a [i]Genjutsu Check[/i], and may only effect a target once every other round.
[i]Notes:[/i]
- This may be used as its own conditional, and does not have to be tagged to a specific attack. [i](For example, the conditional could read 'use Psychokinesis on the first attack of mine that is auto-dodged.')[/i]
- Can be used on [i]Activated Auto-dodges[/i] as well as passive auto-dodge activations.

[b][u]Mind Over Body[/u][/b] - Independent Special Move (3 Points)
With so much focus on their minds and honing their chakra, Ghost Walkers often find their minds recover so much more quickly than their bodies do, especially while in their native state of befuddling the mind.
[b]Effect:[/b] The user activates this for 1.5 AP. For one full round, every Genjutsu the user casts that deals damage returns half of the damage dealt as CP to the user. Requires one full round of cooldown after use.

[b][u]Spirit Barrier[/u][/b] - Jutsu Modification (2 Points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Requires Barrier
There is more to this barrier than the mere name, as one attuned to the spirits can hear the whispers of ghosts around it as it shapes into existence. These spirits are more likely to withstand blows for one who can speak to them.
[b]Effect:[/b] Barrier gains 1500 HP more than normal when used and fully heals itself each round. The user gains back 1% Max HP a turn while it is in use.

[b][u]Phase-Out[/u][/b] - Independent Special Move (2 points)
Ghost Walkers walk a fine line between dreams and reality, but at certain times, they may choose to cross further over into one or the other. In such cases, they're body itself may phase through physical objects unimpeded.
[b]Effect:[/b]  For 1.5 AP, the user may reflexively dispel one of their maintained Genjutsu in order to free themselves from any movement-restricting affect [i](this special move does not require movement)[/i]. This has no affect on Genjutsu, and cannot be reused for a full round [i](10 seconds)[/i].

[b][u]Spiritual Awakening[/u][/b] - Ability Modification (3 points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Must have Shinobi 101
A Ghost Walker's talent for mixing the spirit world and the real world is unparalleled. Anything they have a particular, unusual talent with can be twisted to a semblance of the spirit realm, regardless of what it originally started out as.
[b]Effect:[/b] The user's jutsu under the effect of [i]Shinobi 101[/i] are treated as [i]Spiritual[/i].

[b][u]Ghostly Form[/u][/b] - A-Rank Non-Elemental Ninjutsu (1 point, 1 to rank up)
[i]Restriction-[/i] A-Rank and Up
The culmination of their supernatural power, a Ghost Walker can use this technique to turn completely ethereal for a small amount of time.
[b]Rank 1:[/b] User turns ethereal for 2 rounds. While ethereal, the user takes -20% damage from Ninjutsu and Taijutsu. Their [i]Alignment[/i] remains [i]Spiritual[/i] regardless of what other techniques are used during this time. Additionally, the user takes an additional +5% damage from normal from [i]Cursed[/i] attacks, and -5% damage from normal from [i]Holy[/i] attacks. The user's Taijutsu attacks deal -15% less damage in this state unless used with their [i]Ethereal Weapon[/i].
[b]Rank 2:[/b] User turns ethereal for 2 rounds. While ethereal, the user takes -30% damage from Ninjutsu and Taijutsu. Their [i]Alignment[/i] remains [i]Spiritual[/i] regardless of what other techniques are used during this time. Additionally, the user takes an additional +10% damage from normal from [i]Cursed[/i] attacks, and -10% damage from normal from [i]Holy[/i] attacks. The user's Taijutsu attacks deal -15% less damage in this state unless used with their [i]Ethereal Weapon[/i].
[b]Cost:[/b] 2000 CP, 3% Max HP, and 3AP
[i][b]Notes:[/b] 
- This counts as a Chakra Armor.
- This jutsu is not a maintain; once activated, it cannot be deactivated until it ends.
- Can only be used twice per battle, and requires a full round of cooldown between uses.
- HP used on this jutsu counts as [b]Illusionary[/b] and cannot be recovered for the rest of the battle.
- [b]Cursed[/b] attacks that hit the user ignore the damage reduction against Ninjutsu and Taijutsu.[/i][/quote]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back