Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Mission Haniki Mission Log

Mizushima Kita

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
D
Scrub A Dub Dub - E Rank

“Here. Don’t forget to take these as well.” A large box was placed into Haniki’s hands by her father, the delicious smell of various spices filling her nose. Curious, she opened the top to see a variety of sauteed vegetables and fresh rice. It was definitely enough to feed a little old lady for at least two days. “Good luck on your mission, sweetie.” Her father added as he tousled her light blue-tinted hair.

Haniki’s eyes closed as she smiled brightly. “Thank you, Papa. I’m sure that she’ll love this.” She said as she presented the box forward. Haniki slipped on her sandals and thus began to walk through the bustling streets of Konoha. It only took about ten minutes to reach the house, belonging to one of the oldest citizens in the village. Given that she had essentially seen everyone grow up, she insisted that anyone and everyone call her “Granny”.

Haniki knocked on the front door, food in hand. The creaking of a chair and thumping of a cane against the floor could be heard from the other side as they slowly made their way over. A kind and gentle face greeted Haniki. “Oh, thank you so much for coming, dear. Come in, come in.” She beckoned, waddling her way to the side to allow the young student in.

“Hello Granny!” Haniki greeted with excitement in her voice. The girl moved with familiarity, removing her sandals before placing the box atop the dining room table. “This is from the restaurant. My father said not to worry, it’s on the house.” She recited her father’s explicit instructions as he would refuse any attempt at payment.

Granny nodded as she slowly returned to the dining room. “It smells lovely, dear. You’ll have to give your father my thanks. That boy is always spoiling me, I don’t know how he stays in business.” She exaggerated in good fun.

“You sit and enjoy, I’ll get to work!” Haniki declared with a hop in her step.

She would start in the kitchen, a handful of dirty dishes littering the sink and a line of dust inhabiting the back edge of the countertop. Granny’s home was not necessarily “dirty”. As she grew older, the simple tasks of mopping the floor, dusting the surfaces and giving the bathroom a nice scrub were becoming inaccessible to her. Haniki could see where efforts were made and abandoned. It was almost sad, but Granny getting to the point of asking for the help she needed was a great step. She much preferred to see this and help out than ineffectual stubbornness that would leave her living in squalor.

One by one dishes were washed, dried and put into their homes. Damp rags swiped across the counters, top of the refrigerator and faces of the cabinets and drawers. Haniki found patterns in everything she did, muttering simple narrations to herself or counting as she went.

From the dining room, Granny told her stories as she worked. Between chapters of her fathers youthful mischief Granny was sure to express her gratitude for the help around the house.

Haniki moved through the rooms with ease. The dining table, chairs and ornate display cabinet all received thorough scrubbing. Taking all of the small knick-knacks out of the cabinet sparked Granny to tell her a plethora of stories about where or who they were from. Haniki paid extra care to ensure they returned to the exact places she took them from, working from the top down.

Laundry was washed and hung out to dry, beds made in both Granny’s room and the guest room she left open for any of her family that came to visit from outside of the village. Haniki loved to see all of the different pictures that decorated each space. Old family photos were everywhere, and even pictures of her with the past three hokages. It felt like this woman would never be able to run out of stories to tell.

As she tidied each room, it was finally time for her favorite part of cleaning; the floor. After checking that her feet were squeaky clean, Haniki soaked a cleaning rag, wrung it out and ran it all the way down the hallway. The pitter patter of feet and small giggles filled the home as she zoomed back and forth across the floors.

Granny laughed as well, seeing Haniki’s bob of hair disappear and resurface again and again. “Oh, how I wish these old bones could still do that.” She reminisced.

Haniki piped up as she continued to slide across the floor, adjusting her volume depending on her position. “Granny, I’m sure you’ve done this a million more times than I have. It’s your turn to sit back and relax.” She paused for a moment before adding on, “You’ve taken care of all of us. Let us take care of you now.” The sentiment was genuine and greatly appreciated by Granny.

With the last of her tasks completed, Haniki stretched up tall, loosening up her limbs to finish putting all of Granny’s supplies away. “Okay Granny, I think we’re all done here.” She announced proudly.

Granny trusted that she had done a wonderful job, smiling sweetly at the little ball of energy that Haniki was. “Dearie why don’t you sit and take a break? I couldn’t possibly eat everything your father packed and I could use the company.” She offered kindly.

Haniki giggled, grabbing freshly cleaned dinnerware for them both to enjoy a nice lunch together. She was more than happy to enjoy her fathers food and provide this little old lady with someone to talk to, even if just for a little while. The animation and joy in Granny’s face filled her heart as she told sweet, embarrassing and surprising stories about both of Haniki’s parents. Some she wouldn’t dare ask her parents about, but others she would definitely use to tease them.

The afternoon faded to evening, the sun lowering into the skyline. “Oh, I have kept you too long. You still have to return to the office don’t you? Be on your way dear, I’ve talked your ear off long enough.” Granny shooed Haniki away with her hands. “Thank you for all of your help, Haniki.”

“Of course,” she chimed. “If you need help again just let me know.” With that Haniki gave Granny a loving hug before heading out to complete her mission.

Mizushima Kita

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
D
A Librarian's Nightmare - E Rank

Haniki may have been a little too excited to see that the village’s librarian had put out a request for help. She was more than happy to answer the plea for help, especially considering it was simple enough they would allow an academy student to go at it alone. Being in the same district, the library wasn’t too far, only taking a few minutes for the young girl to walk over to, entering the building with a fond familiarity. Haniki hopped up to the front desk where a stressed and overworked woman buzzed about on the other side.

“Welcome in. Is there anything you need help finding today?” She asked, clearly on autopilot as she neglected to tear her eyes away from the work in front of her.

Haniki rose up on her tippy toes to appear as tall as possible over the standing counter. “Hello, I’m here for the request you put in for some help around the library.” She explained sweetly and concisely.

The librarian turned to look at the girl and gave a short sigh of relief. “Oh yes, come come. Come this way.” She beckoned, motioning Haniki to follow her around the counter to the other side where the numerous shelves that lined the walls began. She’d be met with stacks and stacks of disorganized books, obviously mishandled and left without so much the courtesy of making neat piles for easy replacing. “The research department came through with important business and I just don’t have the time to go through everything they pulled out. They pulled entire blocks from the geographic and law sections. They have marks on their spine to find where they go, it shouldn’t be too difficult, just tedious.” The librarian explained with a bit of defeat.

“I’m on it,” Haniki chimed.

“Ah, thank you. I’ll come and check on you in a bit.” With that, the woman returned to her prior work, leaving Haniki in a sea of literature.

The young girl figured that it would be easiest to pre-organize the books at one of the open tables before carting them down the aisles to find their homes. Checking spines, authors and topics, Haniki let herself get lost in it all as nearly an hour went by before she knew it. There were patterns in the selections that piqued her curiosity, but not enough to deep dive. If she remembered their map correctly, the various places illustrated throughout the books in front of her almost made a straight path to a major village in wind country, passing through the land of iron that separated the two larger powers. This wasn’t a place for a little girl like her to pry on the business of higher ups in their village, and so she let it go for now.

Finally, the carts were organized and ready to be filed up and down the necessary aisles to replace neatly onto the shelves. Haniki truly enjoyed the soothing repetition and satisfaction that came with filling up so many blank spaces that littered the library. By the time she had finished, the librarian hadn’t even noticed how much time had passed, completely forgetting to check in on her. Many thanks were exchanged with a promise to help if the library ever needed it again. Haniki greatly preferred this over the craziness of helping work in her father’s restaurant.

[MFT - 561]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back