Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Happy Hour [Open]

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
How long had he been on this bender? It was impossible to know. Time no longer made sense.

He remembered being in a very packed nightclub. He remembered the drinking contest. He won, of course. He remembered beating the hell out of the idiots who tried to pick a fight with him, then everything went black, and suddenly he was wandering the streets at night. Did he get thrown out? Or did he just get tired of partying with a bunch of pansies? He’d never know for sure, but his hollow gut told him it was the latter.

Why was he going through all this? What was the point? How many times does he need to hit rock bottom before he realizes there’s nowhere left to go?

“Hey yoooouuuuu!” He was talking to his reflection in the window of a closed shop. “FUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU, ASSSSHHHHHHOOLEEEEEEEEE!”

He may have won the fight earlier, but in the battle that was currently ensuing between gravity and his legs, gravity won.

“Yeah, yuo *hic* tell ‘im!” His head lolled backwards and to the side as he tried to position his back against a nearby wall. Keeping his eyes open was way too tough right now. Maybe a drink will help sort my head out?

“O, trushty flashk, yuo’er alwash ‘der fer meh…” He still, somehow, had a quarter left. Not anymore.

The night was hardly half-way through. Crowds of people still walked the streets, most of them steering clear of the belligerent vagrant currently ruining their good time. He reeked. He was gross to look at. He was an undesirable. Some might have even recognized him as “that drunk idiot that made a fool of himself at the World Tournament” and hated him even more for it. For all they cared, he could rot in his own filth. He hadn't deserved to represent Suna in front of the whole world, in their opinion.

For all he cared, they could all get shit out by a sandworm. Maybe then, as carmot, I’ll have a use for them.

”Tha’s juss, liek, mai oprinion maaaaan....” was the last thing he said before falling deep into a drunken haze.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It was late in the night as Kohana was making her way through the village. She had decided to take a break from the cultivation of the Yurei Orchid sprout and explore the village on her own. She could feel Shin's presence and could even see his boring books as he studied in the Omni Prime Medical Complex. She wanted to see what this village had to offer, and her little priss of a brother wouldn't explore many areas of the village as they were dangerous. This newly alive woman did not give a single fuck about any of that. She was wearing her normal outfit which looked very militant, but she wore intimidating clothes on purpose. She was trapped within Shin's body for years and his kind and soft demeanor caused people to walk all over him and look down on him. She wasn't going to have it.

As she walked through the busy streets of strange faces she kept a blank gaze looking straight forward. People made their way around her to avoid her direct contact. She grinned slightly as she noticed people stay back from her. This was what she wanted, and then she kicked what could only be described as a pathetic waste of a human life.

Slowly her eyes dropped to look at the drunken bastard on the ground. She truly had no idea who he was as she was the back seat driver within a timid child for most of her existence and she did not want to ask Shin anything on her first night out. She kicked the prick, with probably more force than needed, to try and awaken him. She was pissed that this foul smelling ape dared to sleep in this street. It was unacceptable. "Hey, you sack of shit."<i></i> She said before kicking him a little harder. "Wake the fuck up and get out of my sight before I run this blade through your pathetic excuse of a body."<i></i>

A leer of her eyes gleamed down at him as her fury was growing within. She probably hated him at this point and just because he was sleeping in the streets like a vagabond. That's all it really took to piss her off, and she was definitely the kind to act first and think later.

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The first few kicks did nothing more to rouse the sleepy drunk than to force out a few choice snores. Loudly, like the roaring of an elephant going into battle, the drunkard let out a terrible snort.

If the terrifyingly cross blonde happened to be paying attention enough to the feeling of her kick — and somehow, it seemed like she was the kind who'd had enough experience kicking vagabonds to notice such a subtle difference between one kick and another — she'd note that the usual resistance of a fleshy body was somewhat more pronounced. More give, and less take. Almost like she was kicking a barrel. For a second, it might have even sounded like that too.

Whether she initially noticed or not, the kicks seemed to keep coming. It was this repeated kicking, along with the barrage of verbal abuse, that eventually prompted the filthy, derelict, tramp to stir. At first it was unintelligible mumbling, but slowly he worked his way up to actual speech.

“No, wait, hol’ on...tha’ rug really ties mah whole room t’gether…”

One more kick did the trick. Rattling the man out of his scrambled dreams, he blinked lazily, without hurry, then let out a nice long yawn before rubbing each of his eyes and finally gazing upwards.

“Who tha’ fuck’r you?” Clearly, he hadn’t registered a single word she’d said to him. “An’ why tha’ fuck did ya’ int’rupt mah nap?”

Yatamaru took one look at her, up and down, and realized that she looked very mad, and very pretty. It didn’t take a genius to figure that out, but still. He wondered, with great difficulty and lack of focus, why she was so angry?

“Muss’a been a rough night fer ya. Did yer boyfrien’ dump ya, ‘er wha’?” Cheeky. The stupid grin spreading over his face was sure to diffuse this tension. “I can help ya’ out, missy, 'specially a purty thin' leik yuo. He ain' got no'tin' on mah techn'iks! Plush, I clean up real good — promish!”

Hand to heart. Shit-eating grin. Yeah, this was totally going to help things.

[ooc]
I wanted to give Hissori a couple days to post, since he originally was the one who had asked to RP with me, but I don't want to keep the thread waiting for too long! Feel free to hop in at any point, Hissori! :)

Ii Hissori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A sea of emotions was flooding out of Hissori as he stumbled out of a local tavern laughing. “Yeah guys I will see you around!” Hissori told a group as he waved good-bye. Today, was the last night he was spending in the neighborhood before moving. One last night out with the friends before moving away across the village to a new part of town.

The new man was happily stumbling along followed by his also drunken dog. Both swaying as they walked from their favorite establishment, Hissori would just have a goofy looking grin on the former Kage’s face. Hissori himself had done a good job at not getting to drunk. For far too long Hissori had been the black out stumbling recluse alcoholic type of drunk. Now however, Hissori was back to the happy island drunk Iwagakure had known the man to be.

Sticking a hand into his pocket, the formerly bright strawberry blonde hair male would fish in his breast pocket for his pipe. Pulling out a long bamboo antique looking opium pipe, the man would begin to stuff tobacco into the long handle before lighting it. Hissori was no longer dressed as some alcoholic. Dressed in a long kimono, and wooden flip flops elevating his pedicured feet off the dirt ground. The kimono was a bright blue, and a deep forest green adorn with the bright red symbol of the inuzuka on his back. Without a care in the world, the man would make his way down the slowly emptying street before his emerald green eyes set down on some women kicking the crap out of someone on the ground.

“Hey what is going on?” Hissori would slur scowling as he blew out smoke from his age face. Seeing someone who kicking a downed individual was something the doctor never really stood for. Of course, coming from an Inuzuka family, Hissori had grown up seeing this type of bullying to stir people into getting up. It was also something Hissori never wanted to

Coming over towards the pair more, the man kept his relaxed posture and demeaner. As someone who had been dealing with live and death struggles for so long, Hissori had found seeming relaxed to be the best way to come into situations like this. Plus, the alcohol was helping relax the older gentlemen.

“Seems like this man has had a bit to much to drink?” Hissori said as he leaned forward rocking on the toes of his feet almost as if he was about to crash down next to or onto Yatamaru.

“He’ll be fine in the morning!” Hissori exclaimed after taking a low draw from the pipe that was carefully balancing right on the edge of his thin light. “Nothing to see here! I know, I’m a doctor” Hissori would say joyvally out towards the women as he turned to stare at her.

Buru began to sniff around the older man inspecting him for signs of poisoning or other things that would make the man so drunk. Though to other’s not in the medical field would just look like a dumb dog sniffing at a drunken vagrant.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
((Posting on mobile, so apologize if it's sub-par))

A visible vein begin to Pilate on her forehead as this sack of shit started to speak. "It doesn't matter who I am you piece of shit. You're filth and don't need to be laying about the city like the littered trash you are." She was about to reach down to help the man to his feet to encourage him to leave the area but what he said really, really, pissed her off. Almost like the lighting changed to cause her face to darken yet allow her eyes to glean, the brute of a woman would attempt to grab the man by his collar to pull him up to her face, regardless if it happened she had something to say.

"How dare the likes of you be so vulgar." As she spoke her blade would be drawn and held to his throat. "I can assure you that there is nothing you have that I would be interested in, scum."

If she had successfully held on to him she would at this point release of her grasp in response to another presence. "You have no business here old man. Unless he leaves now he won't be making it until the morning, and by the smell of your wretched breath you need to keep walking too before you become a nuisance as well." Her fury was now aimed in multiple directions, and it wasn't until she realized that there was a dog present that she'd put away her katana. Almost as if the two drunks disappeared she dropped down to her knees to great the dog.

"Hello Canine. You seem to have enjoyed a few drinks as well. It's a shame, as you are very beautiful and should be treated as royalty." A soft smile came to her face as she spoke to the pup. Animals were pure. No lies. No hidden agendas. They deserved only the best.

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Feisty. Aggressive. Combative. Degrading. Humiliating. Domineering.

”Ho’y shiit...” He couldn’t look away. He didn’t want to. I think something just awakened in me. He was limp as a doll as she picked him up, seemingly with no effort, and did nothing to resist the barrage of insults, the sword at his throat, or the ever tightening grip she had on his shirt. He was transfixed.

”Oi, yuo got’s a way with words’, ma’am.” He wasn’t snickering. He wasn’t joking. He was putty in her hands. ”Ya’ got me feelin’ liek a puppet-proper ri’e now, iffin ya ca’ch mah drift.” Oi, maybe that one’s a little too far, man. Reason had never stopped him before, so why should it now?

It was now that another came to join the merriment. A man, not old but not young, a kindred spirit, who thought he could challenge Yatamaru’s spot as the lead-drunk of this night. Infectiously, without warning, the smile of a happy drunk creeps back onto his face, though its got an element of love-stupid in there.

”Too mu’sh ta drink?” Yatamaru looks sarcastically offended. ”Do I loo’ liek a lite weigh’ ta’yuo?” Humble bragging. A challenge. ”Bet'cha I culd ou’drink ya anyda’o’tha week!” A call to adventure.

The canine licked his leg, yet Yatamaru was too drunk to notice. Normally, he’d at least pretend to feel something; but, in his distracted state, that slight bit of body language would be overlooked. Buru, the Medical Dog, would notice the distinct lack of human flavor. Instead, he might feel the strong urge to chew on something, as the impression he got from Yatamaru would be the same as the one he might get from a piece of furniture: lifeless, wooden, and deliciously resilient to bite marks.

As Yatamaru moves his head back and forth, ever so slightly, while talking to his new drunken friend, his neck brushes up against the edge of the blade. Without noticing, he knocks it back here and there, producing a slight clanging sound. No blood was drawn. Not even a scratch was left.

Suddenly noticing the unintended results of his movement, Yatamaru tries to distract from his perceived blunders. ”Yanno, I’preciate wha’ yuo’r tryin’ ta do here, but I’m not yuge on knife play. It don’ do it fer me, yanno? If tha’s wha’ gets ya goin’, tho, I’ don’ judge.”

Ii Hissori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hissori drunken face would turn into a scowl as the man was chastised and threatened by this woman. For a shinobi, the women did not seem to really know how to deal with civilian’s well. It was honestly something that most villages looked over, but Hissori expected this village to be different. Rocking back and forth on his heels, the man would hum a bit.

“That isn’t very nice, I am just here to help you and this old man out.” Hissori would reply as he continued to sway. Green eyes would look down at the women seeming melt at the sight of the dog.

Buru, the large white wolf dog, was sniffing around Yatamaru, trying to figure out what the man was. He vaguely remembered long ago someone smelling like this, and when he bit the man’s hand he remembered it coming off and getting the opportunity to run off with it. However, the women seemed to be talking to him. Turning around, Buru would walk over swaying to the women on her on her knees. Glazed over icy blue eyes would look at the women, his long tongue lulling out of his mouth.

“It’s a shame you are such a boob thinking she can make assumptions and bully sleeping men.” Buru barked out in a drunken tone before licking her face. “Don’t you know this “Old Man" is a Great Doctor. The Great II HISSORI Last Kirigakure Medical Sennin, and former Tsuch-”

“Buru!” Hissori snapped cutting the dog off and pulling the dog away from the women before he revealed too much. The inuzuka’s island face was pale as he glared down at the dog growling.

“I am sorry, someone spiked my dogs drink with tequila at the going away party. He gets really lippy when he is drinking.” The man slurred as Buru just started barking and growling at Hissori.

“Kial vi neniam iam staros al iu? Vi estas granda gvidanto!”Buru barked out to Hissori as his tail stood on end.

Mi ne ŝatas iri ĉirkaŭe informante homojn pri mia komerco. Ni ne havas multajn aliancanojn ĉi tie.
Hissori slurred out as the dog man responding in his national language. He was about to open his mouth to continue when the man saw that Oda had moved against the blade but did not draw any blood.

“Ohhhh, a puppet. That is so outstanding.” Hissori said much like an excited child would. “Are you all puppet or just parts lost in some battle or war? I haven’t seen many partial human puppets before. I just read about the technology in books and research.” Hissori said stumbling a bit and leaning over Yatamaru inspecting where the blade had made contact with the skin?

“Is it metal too? Most of the research I’ve seen said they make the parts out of fiber… what is it.. fiber glass.” Hissori said as he went to gently tap on Yatamaru’s neck.

Buru words in Mizzugo: "Why will you never ever stand to someone? You are a great leader"
Hissori's words in Mizzugo: "I do not like to go around informing people about my business. We do not have many allies here."

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
There was no shame in admitting that Yatamaru was too much to handle. The blonde hadn’t said a word, nor had she moved her sword from his throat, and the drunken puppet could only assume that was because he had successfully wooed her; her silence, then, must have been an indicator that she was struggling to find the right words to properly express how enamored she was.

He was about to seal the deal, invite her back to his place (where they could ”make puppets”), and call it a night, when something extraordinary happened. ”WHAAAAAA-!” His face was incredulous. ”Bro…yu’r dog jush talkeded!”

I must be more drunk than I thought…

But when his new friend, apparently named Ii Hissori, scolded his canine companion and apologized on his behalf, Yatamaru began to think, maybe, something else was going on. As the shock of hearing a dog speak began to fade, the realization of what it had said washed over Yatamaru. Kirigakure? Medical Sennin? Tsuch…Tsuch…Tsuch-what? He was missing something. Something obvious. Faced with a mystery like this one, Yatamaru’s mind began to wander from merriment and carefree romping towards puzzle solving and deduction. He hadn’t let the brief exchange of a foreign, unknown, language go unnoticed, either — it all just added to the intrigue.

”Wow, I’mm impreshed! Wha- wash hish name? Buru? Yatamaru regarded the fluffy-white-floof of a dog, smiling and friendly, as if he had met with an old friend. ”Anyone who knosh a gud tekilla frum a bad one ish gud in mah booksh!” No longer even paying attention to the blade at his throat, Yatamaru stepped to the side and bent down to get eye-to-eye with Buru, the tequila-drinking, Common-speaking, master-outing, Medical Dog. Extending his hand for a handshake, like he’d seen other people do with dogs (though he didn’t know they hadn’t been ninja-dogs), Yatamaru smiled warmly. ”Ish great ta’ meet ya, Buru! Put ‘er thar!”

Yatamaru thought he was in the clear. He thought that the slight brush of the blade against his tempered “skin” had gone unnoticed. Hissori, however, shattered that illusion in an instant. Yatamaru wanted to freeze, to be shocked, afraid, or otherwise concerned. But he couldn’t. Not today. Not now. The damage was done, and there was no way he’d be able to talk himself out of the situation or brush it off. Refusing to acknowledge the situation would only make things worse. He’d have to roll with it. Hissori was lucky — he’d caught Yatamaru at just the right moment. Maybe, if the puppeteer was lucky, his new friends wouldn’t ask him how he got it.

”I’m shurprished! No’ too many notish! Ya’ musht have a gud eye thar, frien’. Aye, I’m a puppet — been sho fer a while.” Yatamaru didn’t mind, too terribly, Hissori’s curious probing inspection. Despite the fact that he didn’t prefer too many people to know the secrets of his body, he was rather pleased that someone seemed to have an interest in the field he adored so much. Puppets were his favorite form of shinobi tool, despite how unpopular they seemed.

”Hrm, I dun wanna give awa’ all muh shecretsh, bu’ yuor close! The base lay’ar ish a metal-alloy — shpeshal blend of mah own deshign — an’ then I added a’couple’a lay’arsh of shpeshal plashticsh, sum moor metal-alloy, an’ a shynthetic out’ar lay’ar.” Yatamaru looked happy to share his interests with someone else. Some of the other Journeymen dabbled in puppetry from time to time, but none of them (besides maybe Sousuke) came close to Yatamaru’s love and appreciation for the art of puppetry.

Egged on by the rapport the two seemed to be building, Yatamaru thought he might be able to get away with a personal, if not potentially alarming, question. Doing his best to infuse as much hesitation, respect, and diplomatic cunning into his tone as possible, Yatamaru asked, ”Furgiv’meh if’in I’m ovarshteppin’ heer, buh’ did Buru, jush now, shay yu’s were a Kiri-Sennin? I’m shorry — tha’ mush be hard, ev’an shtill. Wah bringsh ya’ all da’ way ou’ heer, man? Tryin’ ta furget? I can un’ershtan tha’ feelin’.”
“WHAAAAAA-!”

“Bro…your dog just talked!”

“Wow, I’m impressed! What was his name? Buru?”

“Anyone who knows a good tequila from a bad one is good in my books!”

“It’s great to meet you, Buru! Put ‘er there!”

“I’m surprised! Not too many notice! You must have a good eye there, friend. Aye, I’m a puppet — been so for a while.”

“Hrm, I don’t wanna give away all of my secrets, but you’re close! The base layer is a metal-alloy — special blend of my own design — and then I added a couple of layers of special plastics, some more metal-alloy, and a synthetic outer layer.”

“Forgive me if I’m overstepping here, but did Buru, just now, say you were a Kiri-Sennin? I’m sorry — that must be hard, even still. What brings you all the way out here, man? Trying to forget? I can understand that feeling.”

Ii Hissori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Yeah he does those sorts of things.” Hissori said dismissively towards Yatamaru’s shock at the fact Buru was speaking. Rocking on his heels, the strawberry blonde turned his attention back to the drunk on the ground. “Yes. His name is Buruuuu.” The man would slur out as he looked towards his dog who was still sniffing at the puppet man.

Hissori would flash a white toothy grin as he nodded. “Where we come from had the best Tekilla!” Hissori announced with his thick island accent. Hissori would look around at for the women who had seemingly vanished. Meanwhile when Buru was told to ‘put’er thar’ the dog would raise his large paw up and clumsily paw at Yatamaru’s face as a “handshake” to the fallen ANBU member.

“More like a good nose. You ain’t smellin right. Also that girl put a blade to your neck and you didn’t bleed!” Hissori would say with a grin as he looked at him as he stumbled a bit to lean against a wall in an alley way. Hissori would cock his head to the side as the puppet began to speak more nodding.

“That’s interesting.” Hissori hummed as he looked at him. “I’ve seen a lot of work on puppets with plastic and even with reinforced wood.” Hissori said listing off his very basic knowledge of how puppets were made. Hissori’s pale face would fall just a bit as he licked his lips as he heard the guys favor.

“Yeah, I was a Kiri-Sennin. I’ve been a travelling medic ever since the place froze.” Hissori said with a sligh sigh shrugging a bit. “No I am not really trying to forget. I have had a long time to forget.” He said with a slight chuckle as he just shrugged. “Retirement, after over thirty years, I decided to quit the Shinobi life.” He boosted grinning. After all, it was often that someone was able to get out of the life of a shinobi.
<i>
</i>

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back