Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Hashigaki Kurokawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
(This post has been edited to avoid misunderstandings about what I'm going for with the Character based on the feedback I have gotten from 2 mods via PM)

Name: Hashigaki Kurokawa

Physical Description:
Kurokawa means black river and she got the name because of a tot of ebon hair located on her forehead (and because rivers often spring from waterfalls. See History). She otherwise has completely white hair unlike her mother who has completely black hair. At her current age she has shoulder long hair commonly held in a knot, with the black lock of hair running up into the knot. She is 1,50m tall and weighs 45kg. Her fair skin is almost as white as her hair and she has a scare on the right side of her neck. As her clan name suggests she is completely blind but does not have a white veil over her eyes. She has beautiful black eyes with a brown iris. Her face is above average in beauty and really emphasizes her eyes but she usually wears a silk harlequin mask style blindfold
Reference to shape and pattern: http://www.maskparty.co.uk/ekmps/sh...ian-blue-cream-harlequin-half-mask-1760-p.jpg
Difference being that the blue parts are black, it being made of silk, and the eyes also being covered by black) The mask is not ugly but it does take of some of the appeal for most people no matter how well looking the rest of the face is. Down along her spine she has a one month old tattoo in the form of the characters for black and for river.

Mental Description:
Kurokawa has been very calm and collected all her life. That is until she learned about her Origen (See below). After that she stopped being too trusting and kept everyone at arm’s length with one eye ever watchfully focused on them at all times. Until she has a reason to trust someone she somewhat gives them the benefit of the doubt without getting too close for comfort. Would not want one of them to pull a knife on her or worse. Once you gain her trust however, she will stand by you and help out to the best of her ability. Female characters are more easily trusted as they have yet to try and attack her or her immediate family.

History:
About 13 years ago on a cloudy night a woman was travelling between her home near Otogakura (Hidden sound village) and Iwagakure (Hidden Rock Village) to visit some family. The mist suddenly formed as it often does in the waterfall country but this was no ordinary mist. It was the signature assault strategy technique used by the water country soldiers called the hidden mist technique. Before long her two companions, who lacked her ability to see with sound, were gone and she was left alone in the mist. She was struck in the back of the head and when she woke up she knew what had happened. Her two companions had stopped and killed the lone straggler but not before the mist had cleared and by then it was too late to prevent. One of her companions had identified the attack as a Kaguya missing nin from the family crest on his garments and the line through his forehead protection. They made it safely to Iwagakure and she decided to stay there with that side of the family for the time being. Nine months later Kurokawa was born. Rivers often springs from waterfalls and she was conceived during the trip through the waterfall country. That and the small collected portion of her hair located on the right side of her forehead decided her name. Kurokawa was born blind but during her first several years her mother taught her about the sound and how to use it to feel everything close by rather than see it. A rose is a rose, red or not, so although colour is a foreign concept to her the shape and location aspects of perception are in turn heightened. She had many friends growing up and they helped her to find clothes to flatter her beauty, as did her mother. At the age of ten we was ready to enter the academy but before that her mother took her on a trip to celebrate the fact that she was going to become a ninja but also to tell her the truth about her father. Kurokawa was of course shocked to learn about her origin but she did not get much time to come to terms with it. A group of people wanted a member of the Hashigaki clan for research purposes and a group consisting of two male and two female ninjas were eavesdropping. Learning about Kurokawas unique background they decided on a plan to have the men capture the mother and the women would then lie to Kurokawa and tell her that her mother had been killed and that they were going to take her in. Kurokawa’s had not been sitting idle for the last 10 years and was not an unskilled fighter herself by this time. To protect her daughter she fought against the male members to the point where they decided that capture alive was not an option. Prioritizing the daughter other the mother as the living sample they killed the mother without first separating them which send Kurokawa into a blind rage that activated her bone grows temporarily to make her a charging hedgehog of fury. The 2 men were rather surprised by this vicious new attacker and one managed to get stabbed quite badly and bled out in seconds. The other got away with minor injuries but not before delivering a cut to Kurokawa’s right side of the neck, which caused her to retract the spikes and fall unconscious. He then took off with the dead mother leaving the rest to the two female ninjas, one of which was a skilled medical ninja. They now didn’t have to lie about the mother being dead and as they planned they took her in to raise her to help their cause one day. After than she was hospitalized for a while and soon turned 11. She became a bit of a shut in for some time but slowly recovered from the shock and although she was devastated about losing her mother she pulled through. She had not been able to control or even just activate her bone bloodline since then, but she also knows that she neither has the chakra nor the control to do so anyway so that is not surprising. By the age of 12 she was back with her close friends and although she had a newfound caution towards the opposite gender she was well enough rehabilitated to finally start at the academy. She remembered nothing from seeing her mother getting killed to waking up in a hospital, so other than knowing that her father is from the Kaguya clan she has no memory of using or control over the bone bloodline limit. She only has what her mother taught her before her death + what little her two new guardians have taught her.

Notes:
Right so Kaguya will be a sleeping beauty until its kinjutsu time. Just wanted a background story that tells at least the admins that it is there somewhere lurking and waiting. I dislike the idea of having one parent shrouded in mystery only to reveal them later when it is convenient to get a specific blood line limit. I much rather like the transparency of either you have that blood or you don't.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Welcome to Ninpocho.

Before we start, note that you can't start with your character with a bloodline already, let alone two.
We have Kinjutsus on the site, that will, later down the road, allow you to have two bloodlines at the same time.

I'm telling you this if you wanna change anything on your character app's history.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Well first of seen from a roleplay point of view + the way the Naruto world works starting with bloodlines is the only thing you can do. That they are not awakened and or useable is another thing.
Secondly a lot of the sites explaining the details jump straight to the cost and the likes without first having a section with "This is how this works" and those who does are incomplete. The things i have gotten from reading through every post i could find about getting started was that there exists some points which i can't find a deeper explanation to anywhere that makes up half the character advancement process. The kinjutsu page is especially none informative btw. I went for the double bloodline because i love the Kaguya Bloodline but dislike the way they are depicted here plus making a blind ninja sounds like a lot of fun but also needs some other way of perceiving the surroundings so thats why the second one.

This background gives a reason why either of those bloodlines would awaken later and if the sound based one is mainly used for genjutsu like the bells in the chunin or the ninjutsu attack from the bandaged guy from the same team then i can do without that one. Just need a good way to still fight perfectly at short and mid range together with being able to fight long range (or at least have the option to learn how to through training)

My point being you don't just randomly awaken sharingan without being of that bloodline so here is a start off that has those goals to pursue.

So that is why i don't feel like it is necessary to change my character. I would like to request a more informing start up page that does not just have on line or is completely blank like the cursed mark one and the kinjutsu one.
For starters the Training system. Could you start with How instead of when? you never giver a proper explanation or an example of how you want it to run just a list of waiting time and costs.
I'm sorry if i am asking much. In my 10 years of role playing i have become accustomed to getting the "How to" before all the other information because systems who skip that part or places it in an unrelated threat usually have a low following but since this is my first attempt at a forum i thought I'd request that info from the start.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

P.S. Just rechecked the Bloodline page for good meassure and it like the rest goes straight to a vague description of the different bloodlines instead of actually using 5 lines to explain the idea behind getting them first.

P.P.S. Thanks to the mods for showing me the combat thread I needed to understand the system better. I have added a few lines to the History to clarify that I am just locking my character in terms of furture goals, not trying to master 2 bloodlines right from the start. And I'm starting with the Hashigaki and saving the other for the Chimera Kinjutsu

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Alright. Welcome to Ninpocho Kuro, and thank you for considering the Hidden Stone for your new beginning on our site. Now let’s get to this app.

First, I would like to commend you for the application you have made, and I think you have a unique vision for your character that will only become more interesting as she develops. As for the issue with your character’s bloodline traits, I think they can be straightened out with a bit of clarification. I recognize that we could afford to make some improvements to our expansive list of site rules and information, but the vagueness of it is there to allow players to interpret the system in ways that fit their character, especially when it comes to things like training. I suggest we discuss this more at another time, so it doesn’t muddy up this thread. I will send you a pm when I'm a bit more available.

My feedback on having two Bloodlines:
I don’t see any issues with you having two bloodlines, and I understand your goal in designing a unique character build. It is not unheard of for characters to possess two bloodlines, but one of the two must remain latent until she has achieved a significant amount of character development, along with B-rank (the prerequisite for Kinjutsu). You seem prepared to do that, and with the rest of this application taken into consideration, I think this equates to a a character prepared to become new addition to our growing village.

+1 Approval

Ii Hissori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Caramelos said:
Well first of seen from a roleplay point of view + the way the Naruto world works starting with bloodlines is the only thing you can do. That they are not awakened and or useable is another thing.
Secondly a lot of the sites explaining the details jump straight to the cost and the likes without first having a section with "This is how this works" and those who does are incomplete. The things i have gotten from reading through every post i could find about getting started was that there exists some points which i can't find a deeper explanation to anywhere that makes up half the character advancement process. The kinjutsu page is especially none informative btw. I went for the double bloodline because i love the Kaguya Bloodline but dislike the way they are depicted here plus making a blind ninja sounds like a lot of fun but also needs some other way of perceiving the surroundings so thats why the second one.

This background gives a reason why either of those bloodlines would awaken later and if the sound based one is mainly used for genjutsu like the bells in the chunin or the ninjutsu attack from the bandaged guy from the same team then i can do without that one. Just need a good way to still fight perfectly at short and mid range together with being able to fight long range (or at least have the option to learn how to through training)

My point being you don't just randomly awaken sharingan without being of that bloodline so here is a start off that has those goals to pursue.

So that is why i don't feel like it is necessary to change my character. I would like to request a more informing start up page that does not just have on line or is completely blank like the cursed mark one and the kinjutsu one.
For starters the Training system. Could you start with How instead of when? you never giver a proper explanation or an example of how you want it to run just a list of waiting time and costs.
I'm sorry if i am asking much. In my 10 years of role playing i have become accustomed to getting the "How to" before all the other information because systems who skip that part or places it in an unrelated threat usually have a low following but since this is my first attempt at a forum i thought I'd request that info from the start.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

P.S. Just rechecked the Bloodline page for good meassure and it like the rest goes straight to a vague description of the different bloodlines instead of actually using 5 lines to explain the idea behind getting them first.

First off thats not true. If you look at the case of the "sharingan" he only "awoke" it because of his intense fighting during the chunin exam. I'd gather if a Uchiha had a child with a regular person and they did not know that they had the sharingan they could awake it the same way.

If you want a rough "How to" on this site, I hope my nearly 10 years on this site can help you with that.

First, you create a character a character like you do now. Once you pass this application process you start out as a student for "X" Village. During this time you are able to train once a week. To Train means to make a post (or posts) consisting of 250 words. When you reach and post in your training profile, you can approve what you want your "training" points to go into. These are your basic stats of Stamina, Agility, Ninjustu, Taijustu, Chakra Control, and Genjustu. You can also use your training points to level up the justus you buy with yen you can get for completing missions, classes, and training. After a student completes two classes, and has a certain number of jutsus master they can request a gennin exam. This exam will get them promoted to full flight ninja. As you complete more missions, and do all that stuff you become eligible for more promotions, and eventually if your character lasts long enough/you position yourself properly you are able to become Kage for that respective village.

Now moving on to the more number side of the site. Every character begins weak. They don't know jutsus, they don't have bloodlines or core abilities, and they don't have Kinjustus. As you progress and train you are able to open up these traits. When you increase your Power Level (A combination of all your other stats) to certain ranks you are able to train "better" (hopefully) jutsus that are stronger. Really first though when you hit 200 you are able to apply for a bloodline. This is done with a minimum of a 200 word roleplay, which will be looked at and judged by your OOC council (for stone the people talking to you now as well as others) to see if it meets a basic lower standard of roleplaying. Eventually when you hit B-rank (Which is a total PL of 870), the player is able to apply for a kinjustu with a 1500 word post held to a much higher standard than the bloodline application. From there if you are rejected you have to wait 1 month to apply for a kinjustu over again in hopes you finished your application.

I hope that explained the site in a bit better way to you cause you seemed confused on how it works. Now moving forward to you.

Unfortunately, I do not believe anyone really can accept this application on the site without outlying some guidelines first. Admin if I am wrong please correct me on this.

Like Kazuki said, you cannot "have" a Bloodline already to start the game. A player cannot access that yet until they have 200 PL and their application has been approved. However, a player can roleplay there character anyway they want. Meaning if you wanted to roleplay your character as blind or showing the signs of a Kuyaga/Hashigaki you can do that. It will not be until 200 PL however and your application where you can actually use the jutsus associated with it. Now about the other Bloodline issue that you want. We can't let you have two bloodlines off the bat because of how the sites battle system works. It can create some rather broken conquences if there is no draw back, which is why the development team on this site invent a specific kinjustu called "Chimera." Once you reach B-rank, you are more than free to apply for the kinjustu, and apply for the second bloodline at that time.

I hope this helps

-Cheers
Ii Hissori.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Okay so it seems to be more or less cleared up what was meant in my posts and I have added a few lines of explanation as to what power is the first one and what power waits for the Chimera Kinjutsu. I have also gotten pretty thorough run through of the part I had questions about. So if we are on the same page I am just waiting for the go signal.

Ii Hissori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
PDNAY.png
Welcome to the Hidden Stone Village! We look forward to having you in our newly formed village and here on Ninpocho!</SIZE><i></i>

You may begin your transition into the village by following these steps!<i></i>​
Steps said:
  • 1. Request a Stone Academy Student banner [Here] if an admin has not already handled it.
  • 2. Place a copy of your character profile [Here]. You may customize it as much as you would like, just be sure to have your character name listed as the subject! For additional benefit, you may also label yourself as a student, so that many of our tutors can reach out to assist you.
  • 3. Be sure to look over the site rules found [Here]. If you have any further questions, you may contact an admin, a council member, or another member for further clarification.

Additional notes<i></i>​
Notes said:
  • Be sure to keep up to date on any [Announcements] and the [Village Discussion Board] for posted updates. Many of these, both past and present, will keep you informed and aware of any changes occuring on both the site and in the village, or general information going on in the village.
  • Yen is earned and spent in the shop here on Ninpocho, which can be used to buy jutsu and various other items. As a new member, you will be recieving [500 Yen] as a starting package. How do you gain more yen? By Missions. Rules are found [Here] and you request them [Here].
  • Along with your yen package, all new members start with stats. Please note these stats in your profile. Stats are used in accordance to NC's battle system. That information can be found [Here]. It is recommended you read over them carefully. How do you gain more stats? By training. Instructions can be found [Here]. Once you understand the instructions, you may post a topic for your training [Here].
    Starting Stats Information said:
    Agility: 5/50
    Stamina: 5/50
    Taijutsu: 5/50
    Ninjutsu: 5/50
    Genjutsu: 5/50
    Chakra Control: 0%/50%
  • <i>
</i>
Once you are ready to begin your journey here on Ninpocho, you may start RPing in Stone's [Inner Village Zones].

If you have any questions, please feel free to send a private message to any of our Stone Council Members!

[Ii Hissori]
[Matsui Jomei]
[Sara]
[Kodoma Yoshihisa]
<SIZE size="130">Thank you! Enjoy your stay in Stone!

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It gives me an error with some of the links saying I'm not authorized to view them. One of them is the request post for missions and it would be nice to be able to request a solo mission or two just to get the ball rolling ^^

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back