Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private Heya, how you been? (Private;Soku)

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
With the tournament going on, Ziren found it a little too easy coming to Leaf. Probably with the influx of people coming in from both Cloud and Sand that made it easy for anyone to come to Leaf. He wondered how much has really changed. So he went, and as usual, he tries to find the one person who he has full trust in. The one that he would count as having his back as much as she would count on him having her back. The one that almost fried him on the first time that they met. Ziren couldn't help but smile and chuckle to himself over something like that. He definitely would bring that up once he is able to talk with his sister. If only to mess with her and get a good laugh in, enjoy the time to be had.

That's when he heard her blood flow. A little bit of a ways away from the Forest of Death, He walked a route to make sure that he would "run into her" while going in the direction of the Forest of Death. Once he saw her, he "accidentally" bumped into her turned around and said, "Oh, sorry, My bad. It's not like I was almost fried at the Valley of the End." To anyone else, that would seem very random and probably think Ziren is some crazy dude, then go on about their day. But Soku? He knows, that she knows that he likes to mess with her about their first interactions. Today, Ziren was wearing his usual white kimono with his signature metal left arm. Blue hair that covers his right eye, but Soku would be able to see the left eye is still swirling with blood. The mark of a mature Chigokai.

After he was done talking, he would turn around without looking back and head to the Forest of Death. It would be much more quiet there with not a whole lot of worries of people sneaking up on them. And if they did, it would have to be a human puppet, because Ziren could never know if one of those things were close. He would venture deep in the Forest of Death to make sure that the only person following him would be Soku. He had heard word that this place has gotten a little bit more dangerous over the years, but it would be nothing that him and his sis can't handle.

(Posting with the free travel)

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank

Thud.

The sound of yet another kunai finding it's center within the target put a smile on her face. It was good to get out of the cramped space of the village and remember what it was like to not be cooped up within a small office having to handle the responbilites that she hadn't even thought about when she had been a young Academy student. The tournament had attracted a lot of attention not just from the local areas but the neighboring villages but as with any event, Soku knew too much attention could be bad. Everyone that came here, they did so for reasons whether that was to come out on top in the tournament or there were those who had unpure intentions. It was for that reason the ANBU Captain trained, the branch in cooperation with the Main Branch had been handed the responsbility of security for the event and it had been a massive hurdle to take onto her shoulders as it seemed there was a never-ending flow to the people that kept flocking.

Sometimes, she wondered if they advertised a bit too much. Was that even a thing? That was why she took brief momentary breaks like this to recollect herself and remind herself that even the most capable shinobi needed some time to unwind every now and then. "Might as well start heading back, Soku." She told herself walking over to pull the kunai out of the tree running her hand over the bark where the projectile had embedded itself into the trunk. Accurate as always, she might not see combat as often, a fact for which she was grateful but it served you well to keep your skills sharp. After all, they had seen far too often what slacking led to and that was an era that she never wished for Konohagakure to go through again.

That was when the masculine voice interuppted her thoughts and the captain froze. She didn't turn around at first simply standing there as if in a trance as the voice washed over her. "Impossible.." Soku muttered almost in a whisper talking more to herself than Chigokai Ziren. No, but that had to be impossible. Ziren was in Kumogakure last she heard and she hadn't even set eyes on the man for more than a decade. It would be an understatement to say the woman missed him, he was a part of her, her other half and that half had been missing for far too long. Maybe that was why it took her a moment to comprehend what was going on as she slowly turned around to see the retreating figure of the man winding deeper into the Forest of Death. "Wait!"

Her voice rang out as she jogged to catch up intent on seeing who this man was. It couldn't be, there was no way. Panting a bit, she caught up finally taking a good look at the man she had come to call her brother opening her mouth to say something but nothing came out perhaps out of shock. Soku knew it was him, there was no else who understood that running joke about the Valley of the End. Tears began to well up as she extended an arm to touch his shoulder, it felt foreign after so many years of seperation but there was that inherent gut feeling that told her this was happening. "It's you, it's really you." She breathed letting the silence linger for a moment than without warning, the female rushed forward wrapping her arms around the man in a tight hug refusing to let him go as she spoke a few more words. "You bastard, I missed you so much. So damn much."

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Once Ziren felt like they were in an area far enough away from anyone else, he turned back to see his sister. He was hoping that he caught her in surprise, which he did. It seemed like she was almost in a trance, like she didn't know if all of this was real or not. Finally, she spoke, wow... He really hasn't heard his sister's voice in so long, it almost sounded foreign... Then, without warning, she rushed in and hugged him tight saying that she missed him a lot.

Ziren was caught by surprise himself when she rushed hugged him, but he wrapped his arms around her and hugged back. "Surprise. Figured I'd drop by while Leaf sent out a party invite." He joked, then he said, "There's another thing you should know. I'm no longer a dark sage. Got rid of it and I am now a Chimera."

It was probably insignificant information to be shared, but since it has been so long since they last talked, Ziren figured if there was anything new, he would share with his sister. She was the only person Ziren really regrets leaving here. Memories flooded back of when he woke up from his coma and scouted around for information that was happening in Leaf. Things he wanted his family to be kept away from. Things he wouldn't support. But he knows his sister has more people here to care and love for than he does.

He often wondered if a new group of young shinobi have sprung up that are rowdy as the crew. It would be impressive to say the least if a group does exist with the fact of the laws that Leaf had made in the middle of the war with Frost.

"So tell me Sis. What have you been up to?" He asked her.

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He knew this would be a shock, that much was to be expected, he was almost forty now and while that may seem to have flown by for some the man felt every second ticking by taking in the air of the leaf village for the first time in a long time as he walked through the forest he had trained in all those years ago as a long breath left his lungs. Yukio had hoped in coming here he could feel some sense of nostalgia maybe even a light of what once was however it seemed such things had been sealed away placing a hand on his chest the Chakra lines across his face and body glowing faintly. "I guess we lost even that old friend."

It was in that moment of quite reflection he heard voices in the distance, familiar ones at that his head perking up a moment and tilting in their direction as he began to walk. "It really has been a long time hasn't it, would she even recognize me as I am now I wonder." The words were quite spoken under his breath a sense of dread washing over him that he may have been forgotten after all this time though given the tones he was hearing things didn't seem all too bad here on the surface. "How everyone must have grown, I wonder, will I even recognize the people i once knew nevermind them recognizing me." There was a slight trace of hesitation in those words as he approached the pair spotting them through the trees as he came to a stop.

He couldn't understand he knew what he should be feeling however it always felt like something was in the way, that being said he was completely conscious of what was going on lightly punching the tree he rested his hand upon causing the cracking of wood to echo nearby before he kept walking forward putting a smile on his face as he approached, it was the least he could do for her after all this time.

"You haven't changed have you daughter of mine, Soku, still so full of energy regardless of how much time passes." He had hoped those words would make it obvious who he was, though there was little doubt in his mind she may not believe him at first if at all turning his attention to the man she was with giving him a nod in greeting should he have noticed him by now. "Sorry but would you allow an old man to interrupt you reunion, perhaps we can make this something of a group reunion."

[Posting with the free travel]

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank

She sent out a laugh as the girl slipped from his embrace. Konohgakure had indeed become the totem of attention with the ongoing tournament and she was glad, glad to see Ziren was still kicking about "You know you don't need a invite to come visit." Soku said smirking a bit. The next bit of news caused her to raise her eyebrows a bit as she tilted her head a bit. It seemed the Hidden Cloud had also taken it's effect on the Chigokai who no longer was such. "Oh? Didn't strike your fancy, then?" Soku said grinning as they conversed barely concious of what was around them. This was good, this was what she wanted and it seemed fate was smiling down on her this heavenly day.

The truth was, Soku had been hurting a lot. Her family had been ripped from her in ways she could not have deemed feasible and yet here were key figures she held so dear to her heart. Perhaps, it seemed there was always a light at the end of the tunnel as the Captain spoke. "You know me, your average old ANBU Captain holding the fort down as usual." Nothing major had changed in that regard but she supposed she tell Ziren about the recent happenings. "Oh, yes, than there's this." The girl said unsure how the male would take it shurgging back a sleeve of her black cloak to reveal her left arm which was no longer there but instead replaced by a metal prostehtic that had all sorts of gears and clockwork in it making it functional as if she had a real one.

She decided an explanation was in due order but before the female could even get the words out, her head jerked up as the sound of wood cracking filled her ears and almost instantly, she whirled around hand dropping to her sword. Were they under attack? What on earth was that? Her eyes narrowed focusing on the red-haired man who approached them. Soku blinked a few moments as he began to talk and suddenly, it was like she was in a dream. What was he going on about? Daughter? "Wait.." Soku said sheathing her sword staring incredously at the figure that made his way towards them.

That voice, the appearance was drastically different but she knew that tone. It had been so long ago, so many years since that fateful day she had seen him off at the village gates but yet this should have not been possible. "No..this can't be...you're...you're.." The girl said weakly not making a move looking from him to Ziren and back. First, her brother returns and now.. this had to be a dream. This was a joke. right. However, the features all lined minus a few details and the more she looked, the more certain she was the man standing in front of her was the old Hyuuga who had brought her up from the roots.

"You're.." Soku said again as if trying to come to a conclusion but failing to. The kunoichi hesitantly walked forward staring in disbelief trying to establish what exactly she was seeing. "Is it true? You're actually.. it's you?" The words came out as barely a whisper but her features betrayed her. Soku had been overflooded with too much emotion for one day as her eyes reddened for a moment and tears began to well up in her pupils as she extended a shaking hand as if trying to touch the man she had called her father. "It's you. It's really you." The girl repeated as if tryng to reassure herself more than anyone self before suddenly, she launched herself at the man in a bear-hug, the sobs wracking her body as she attempted to bury her head into his shoulder. "You old dunce. Do you know just how long you've been long and this is how you come back?" She shook her head sniffling a bit. "I missed you so much. I thought you were dead!"

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Ziren chuckled when Soku told him that he doesn't need an invite. "If only, we both know how that might turn... But enough of that, I hear someone." But it seemed that this person was faster. His bloodflow... It sounded familiar. His voice... At first, Ziren got in front of Soku, as if to protect her. That is, until The man spoke further. Daughter? There was only one person Ziren knew that was like a father to Soku. And that same man was a good friend of his, though he didn't know what to think of the man with their last visit and he didn't know of a whole lot of trust.

He certainly looked different, for starters. Ziren wondered if that Chinatsu thing was still attached to him. Maybe he can talk with him. Fix what should have been said and addressed when he last saw Yukio. What really hit him was the fact that Soku had thought that Yukio was dead? Ziren raised his eyebrows, somethings have obviously happened while he was gone. Well, he can't help but smile. Seeing his sister happy makes him happy. Something that he rarely ever gets to see, mainly because he hasn't seen her in so long.

Ziren would wait his turn to greet his old friend, after whenever Soku unlatches herself from Yukio. Once that comes, Ziren walked up to Yukio, looked at him in his eyes, grabbed to shake his hand, but pulled him in for a bro hug. He might as well have been hugging Yukio as tight as Soku was. "There's so much I want to say to you. First off, I'm so sorry how our last meeting ended. I honestly didn't know how to react to what I saw. It... it wasn't right of me to act the way I did, as if I didn't know you..."

He let go of Yukio and stared between his sister and his good friend. "I believe it's time for us to catch up. Biggest thing, Yukio that you wouldn't know, is that I am no longer a Leaf nin. So, I think an explanation is in order. During the war with Frost, I had a fallout with the previous Hokage. We clashed heads. We had different views and different ideals. I had heard of him leaving the Village during the whole war, which is one of my biggest trust issues with a lot of leadership now. Then I had permission to bring my family to Cloud, which they got there safely, but I had gotten word about my parent's killer. He found me and challenged me. I know I couldn't leave him be, because he could very possibly well lure me there by holding a person hostage. I killed him in Water...I myself went into a coma soon after. Only thing that kept me alive was the dark sage powers to suck the life out of anything around me. When I came to, I gathered information of what happened while I was gone. Kenshin was attacked and a broadcast was sent. The rowdy kids that gave us all a headache got hold of the transmission and broadcasted it further in a civilian radio tower. they... they were killed, murdered, and those that attacked Kenshin were not given as hefty of a punishment." He remembered Migoya's words. Remembered when Soku first told him what had happened. It seemed so backwards of what happened, happened. With a sigh, Ziren said, "My only guess is that Leaf either thought I was dead, or not worth looking for after I sent a message out of fighting a threat. So, I went to Cloud where my family was."

Then he took a step back and sat down. Geez, he was pouring his heart out here. He just hoped that Yukio would understand. It would be a lot to take in. He gave them a weak smile, "Let's switch to a lighter thing that changed for me. Recently, I got rid of the dark sage powers. The process kind of hurt like hell, but I came out of it fine. Though I only ended up with a different Kinjutsu. Chimera. My only guess that how it happened was one of those deep rooted pasts. Moro Ibumo. His eye scope. Apparently, Jirosho had gotten a hold of it and me and my brother fought to the death. The eye scope he stole, was destroyed by a jutsu during the battle, unleashing all of the powers that it had absorbed inside. Both me and Jirosho were caught in the explosion. For a brief moment, we both possessed powers that shouldn't belong to us. My theory is, when I was a dark sage, the corrupted chakra was enough to suppress or even nullify the powers of a Chimera that was now in me. And once it was gone, the chimera powers came back in full."

He stopped talking, to show them a part of his new power. his right hand went ethereal and passed through a tree as if it doesn't even exist. He then looked to his sister and his good friend. "It seems like you both have tales to tell also. Soku, what happened to make you have one arm. And Yukio, why is it that Soku thought you were dead?" He asked the questions rather bluntly. But his concern for those that he cares about is making him wonder what has really happened while he was gone.

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A smile crossed the man's face, a feeling of relief washing over him knowing that even after all these years and all the changed the man had been through his own daughter was still able to recognize him. "Yes, as hard as it may be to believe it is me." The man put an arm around the young captain as his face became a bit more somber hearing they thought he was dead. "To be honest with you I very nearly was, as you can imagine much has changed for me over these many years and I have much to explain. Though that being said it would be more accurate to say I am close to a dead man walking more than anything."

He knew something like that may be hard to hear, some might even consider this to be too soon to explain such things however Yukio had little interest in lying and hiding things from Soku, as far as he was concerned she had been left in the dark for too long. "I'm just sorry I couldn't be there to see you grow into the women you are now, how much have a missed I wonder, how much do you have to tell me. I'm sure I'll find out as we catch up with one another." Using his free hand to pat her head his attention turned to Ziren, feeling rather awkward that he hadn't recognized him after all this time though his words were familiar to him.

"Worry not Ziren, your reaction was perfectly understandable given what you were confronted with. In fact I know of very few people who could look upon Chinatsu and keep their composure." The Chigokai waited for Soku to let him go, giving the same style of hug to his old friend without the headpat. "And while it may not speak anymore that being is still very much here, in fact I owe a great debt to it for saving my life."

Moving away from the pair to give them space he listened to what Ziren had to say, the man had quite a story to tell though Yukio was more than happy to hear him out. "The whole thing was a mess, putting it lightly, I know of many who had a less than shining opinion of our Hokage though previous Hokage implies to me there has been a change of order in my absence." Hearing of the incident between Kenshin and missing nin was a flashback for the man nodding slowly how the incident must have looked to others. "Well, even if it isn't much, I can tell you that out of those who attacked Kenshin that day I have killed two of them myself. Though that feels like so long ago now."

Taking a moment of pause there was a sense of regret, knowing that he could have done more for Ziren and his family after what they had went through, safe to say he had experience in that field. "I am sorry to you as well old friend, I was young and foolish back then always late always catching up. Never quite there when people needed me the most but then isn't that just my story summed up at the end of the day. I do hope your family is safe for what's its worth, just make sure you take care of them something i wasn't able to do."

There was a pause in the man's words a feeling of sadness in his eyes as he shook his head. "I can't remember the last time I saw Mikasa but I'm sure like many others she is out there somewhere." Taking a moments pause he listened to Ziren once more hearing how his powers had changed, a story all too familiar to him. "I to had to fight, that is where I have been all this time. It turns out Chinatsu was not the only one of his kind, more he was part of a greater spirit that had been shattered into fragments." Moving part of his coat out the way the man reveled the marks crawling up his body most of them shaped like deep cuts, others like burns and puncture wounds all covered in the glow that now covered them.

"While I was able to stop what they had planned it came at a cost, while before me and Chinatsu could be separated now should he be extracted it will most likely end my life unless we can find a way to give me more than a patch work job." While he was open about his condition it was clear there were holes in the story he wasn't prepared to expose yet, wounds that were still to fresh to reopen right now.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Things were looking up, it was funny how on the days you expected least, fate tended to spring the most unexpected surprises onto you but this was a pleasant surprise the Captain had no complaints about. She had just been reunited with the majority of her family, individuals whom Soku had deemed long dead by now had suddenly risen beyond the grave and here they were conversing as if a multitude of years had not passsed. They were recollecting the old memories, some good, some bad but nevertheless, they were all memories that had shaped them into what they were today."Well, I must say a lot has changed in Konohgakure as well, the village is not the same as you left it." How long ago had that even been? 2 years? Three? Soku barely recalled as she tilited her head in response to Ziren's inquiry choosing to enlighten them both.

Running a hand over the metal prostehtic that made up her other arm, the silver metal glinting in the evening sunlight. "This is the result of running into an old friend on the way back from Sunagakure." Soku said the image of that blade flashing downwards all much too fresh in her mind. "Needless to say, that old friend has been taken care of. It was certainly a lesson to learn from, I am indebted to the Medical Sennin at the time or I do not think I would have survived those injuries." There were not many who could go around preaching they had an arm cut off and were still alive today. However, they were not normal people, they were shinobi and such things, they learned to cope with no matter how crazy it seemed.

"I think you both will find it interesting to note that the village is now under the reign of the Fifth Hokage. Lady Fifth has done a marvelous job in her new role." She left it up in the air as to who that was if they had not known already as she knew at least Yukio could wager guess to the new assignment to the position. Had she forgotten anything? Nope, that counted off most of the important things and as far as the tournament went, the less she saw kid squabbling around in the arena, the better. Although, the potential for new trainees was always a welcome sight.

One thing was important however, her two most favorite people were back and as far as the seasoned kunoichi was concerned, this was the last time they were going anywhere without leaving her behind. "The next time you disappear off the grid without a word, I'll turn over every stone on this planet just to drag you back." The girl said wagging her finger in a joking manner in Yukio's direction. "At least Ziren was nice enough to say something before he went poof." Truth be told, Soku just might if she had to go through that again. Her heart could only take so much loss in a lifetime, she did not want to go through that again.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was good, you know, to hear from people who you care about. Admittedly, the hardest thing Ziren had to do was adjust to the new life style of Cloud, to carry-on with his life, even though he can't walk over the street and talk about life with the people he cares about. Yes, he has his wife and kids, and he loves them very much, but it hurt him to leave his sister in Leaf. He knew that if he ever returned to Leaf on a normal day that he won't be welcomed back in open arms by all.

Even today with the tournaments was a gamble. But in the end, Ziren knows when to take chances. He cannot lose his sister. After hearing what Yukio had to say, Ziren looked at his body, the damages done... Now Ziren can understand why he meant dead man walking. The Chigokai knew what is might be like to be in that position. By all means, he should have been dead in Water once he went in that coma, if it wasn't for the dark sage powers that he had at the time, sucking the life out of everything around him.

And Soku... She had a prosthetic arm, not like his own as his was more connected to his stubb by chakra. She said an "old friend" did that to her, but it was doubtful. Ziren guessed it was an enemy from her past, one that he doesn't know of. He only just hopes that person was punished. The man didn't know his fists were clenched until he heard the slight scraping coming from his metal left arm. Looking down at it, he shook his head, and flashed them both a smile, to show them that he can keep a clear head, even though he wants to throttle someone.

Then the topic went on to the current Hokage. Ziren nodded at Soku's comment, "I had heard word of who it might be, but I think a verifying answer would suffice."

Frankly Ziren doesn't know what to make of this new Hokage. He had known the girl for some time when he, himself was a Leaf in. They never clashed heads, and he thought of her as a goofy bubbly kind of girl. That is, until she changed, a little bit more on the colder side. But who is he to judge now? Maybe the girl changed, but this time better. He'll just have to wait and hear whatever happens. As long as she does her best to protect the people here, Ziren will not think differently of her.

The chigokai's ears perked up at the name Mikasa. That was a name he hasn't heard in a long time. He often wondered what had happened the the woman. There wasn't much to go off of than what he had heard here and there. She was a good Medical Sennin, one who cared for everyone. Even gave Ziren a second chance after his demotion and kicked out of anbu branch during his time in Leaf. She even promoted him to med chief with his own division, combat medics. He wondered if that program was still going.

He looked over at Soku once she started talking about if either of them disappear of the grid without a word she will find them and drag them back. Then she had joked about how Ziren had let her know before hand. Which he did, twice. Once when he was at Water and sent an emergency message out to Leaf. The other was two years after that when they ran into each other at Tea.

Bit even though she said it as a joke, Ziren knew very well that she must be hurting. First, he went to Cloud, knowing full well his existence might complicate matters in Leaf, since he doesn't even know if they think he is dead or not. And Yukio. Who had went on a journey himself.

Ziren walked up to Soku and put an arm around her and beckoned Yukio to come over to, if he did, Ziren would also put his other arm around his shoulder.

"Well, you already know where I'll be. I'll be there nine times out of ten. If not, I'll most likely be on missions that require mednins that have combat capabilities."

He knew better than to repeat where he is now. But both of them should know where, for the lack of words. If his time in the anbu branch taught him anything, communication is key, even if it is a broken conversation that only those in the conversation know what's happening.

Then a thought hit him. Somewhat guilty. He let go of them, and Ziren looked to Yukio.
"So there is one more thing, you specifically should know Yukio about my Chimera powers."He brought the hair out of his face enough to show the Byakugan that is only in the right eye, as the left is a mark of the Chigokai, blood swirling around.

"I never really meant to get this eye. Started having bad eyesight in my right eye. Asked a doctor for a simple eye appointment. Said he needed me asleep to fix my sight so I won't squirm around. Then I woke up with this. It reminded me of... What happened to Soku... I almost throttled the man when he said that some Hyuuga donate their eyes whenever they pass on. I'm telling you because I know that these eyes are sacred to your clan and you should have a right to know."

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed he truly had missed much giving Soku another look up and down being somewhat reminded of himself not too long ago. "Well I was hoping you would take after your old man, though not exactly this literally. Safe to say I was hoping to see you in one piece before I came back but we can't all have what we want can we." While there was a smile on his face there was sorrow in his words someone regretting the fact he could not have been here to help her through it as he should have been.

"That being said it seems we have all taken time to tie up loose ends though you two seemed much more efficient at it than myself considering you have cleaned up in a matter a years while I have been seeking people since I arrived in leaf." Sighing slightly it was a hard thing to face, the fact that he'd never really done anything for himself but mostly spent his time cleaning up after his extended family shaking his head as he shook off the memory with a gesture of his hand.

News of the new Hokage was something of a surprise to him, given the man's history with Asuka it was hard to believe she had gone from being such a childish individual to Hokage in the time he had been gone causing him to raise an eyebrow at the fact. "Asuka? Well, Consider me curious I should really find out how she has changed after all these years. Last time we met she was still as childish as ever and was just getting a handle on running her own branch never mind a whole village." He was as blunt as he had even been in his opinions somewhat concerned about how this would go in the future not that he would have much say in it anymore.

Turning his attention back to Soku his face turned back to having a much more somber expression turning back to Ziren as he answered her holding back what he had to say for now as he waited to hear what the man had to say to him. While it was interesting to see Ziren had acquired a Byakugan, unlike back in the where he may have had something to say about the matter, things had changed now as the Chigokai took a moment to form some quick handseals stamping his foot into the ground as three large stones would appear next to the three as the man made a gesture to take a seat. "You may want to sit down for this, especially you Soku, this may be hard for you to hear."

Taking a seat the man turning to Ziren hoping to address his concerns as clearly as he could. "Ziren, While you may feel some form of guilt at having the eye as I am now I am in no position to say anything against you. My own current abilities came from an act of my own I am not proud of, an act that I would not wish upon my worst enemy yet was forced to do anyway to ensure my task was complete." Leaning forward the man rested his elbows on his knees his expression going to one of deep thought as he recalled the events that transpired.

"Something I had to do to all of them, to clear the air while you may have thought Chinatsu is a unique being that is certainly not the case. There were Six of them including Chinatsu, they all had hosts of their own and all sought to gather in the same place to complete a goal." There was a moments pause, just in case they had any questions about this matter though how much he would be willing to answer right now was up in the air. "While I was able to stop them the toll was a great one on all involved myself included."

Taking a moment to collect himself the man took a deep exhale tapping on the center of his chest where the numerous lines of Chakra moving across his skin congregated. "One of them had to be consumed by Chinatsu, not only body, but soul, being and all. That is where my Chigokai powers come from right now, by entrapping the soul and being of another within myself to make sure they cannot escape to a new host." Taking a moment to look at the two it was clear he had more to ask, something very specific for the pair. "And on such a subject I must make requests of both of you."

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The captain nodded serenly grinning a bit at Yukio's childish assumption of the woman. "Trust me, you do not want to know what pleasant things happened at the inauguration." Soku said grimacing a bit shuddering at the thought. She didn't why Uchiha Asuka had thought it a good idea to irk the ire of the entire village as her first act as Hokage but it had been a nice reminder of just who she was though it would far from the truth to say the woman had been pleased to witness the shards of glitter raining down upon them. Thankfully, that had been the only unruly act that had taken place and so far, all of them had stayed in her good backs, a trend Soku intended to keep going for as long as she lived.

Eyeing the seats that were conjured up, she settled into one of the spots wondering just what Yukio was about to relinquish onto them. "Don't keep us in suspense then. At least tell us it's good news?" Soku said hoping that at least, they deserved that much. The way the man was rattling on about it, it seemed like positive news was somewhat of a rare occurence these days. They really needed to change that as Ziren and Yukio engaged words back and forth when the name Chinatsu caught her attention. Ah, yes, that little companion which now that she thought about it, he was actually not bulging out of the man's shoulder for once which peaked her interest a bit as she tilited her head at his explanation.

"Told you, never trust something that leeches off you. Never liked the guy anyway, he was too snarky for my liking." Still, Soku was glad in a sense he had managed to resolve that particuar issue shuddering at the thought of six. She could barely handle one, the thought of even having to face more was not a situation she wanted to consider in the slightest as Yukio posed a simple yet vague question to them. A request, and her expression formed somehwat of a questioning look as she glanced at the man wondering just what was crossing his mind. She knew him, he never really did anything without a purpose so this had to be important whatever it was. "Name it whatever it is, we're listening."

It couldn't be that bad, right? After disappearing off the map for how ever many years and experiecing all the finer details of the trials and tribulations he had been through, it was just not feasibly possible their life storesi could get any more complicated than it already was. Sometimes, she wondered just what it would take to settle down and kick back for some time without having to worry about all of this. Soku swore at the rate everything was progressing, she was going to have a couple of grey hairs by the time they were concluded here as she awaited whatever Yukio had to request of them. Hopefully, it was nothing that would make her cry more than she already had at the mere fact that he was living and present in front of them.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren couldn't help but give a small laugh at Yukio telling him that he was more efficient at tying up loose ends in his life. The truth is, well, both of them know the one loose end Ziren still has. He doesn't know if Leaf thinks of him as dead or not. That would definitely be something that will eventually be addressed, though Ziren doesn't want it come down to bad things happening.

The talk went to Asuka, just as Ziren surmised but didn't say anything as to have that verifying answer. Soku had talked about her inauguration day as if the girl had done something crazy, something that Ziren might see happening.

Stone seats appeared and Yukio asked them to sit, and once Ziren and Soku sat down, he told them of his story. There were more than one Chinatsu? And from what Yukio was saying, they were trying to complete some sort of goal, malicious, Ziren had to guess. In the end, Yukio's Chinatsu ate one of the other ones and he became a Chigokai? That was strange indeed. Soku had joked about not trusting leeches, but Ziren was lost in thought. How would something like that even happen? Enough to change to genetic code of a person just enough to make their bloodline change? It seemed up there in mysteries as how Ziren became a Chimera. Then Yukio had asked them if he can request something of them.

That was really an unsettling thing to hear. The talk up to this point... Yukio might have been trying to lay it onto them slowly so it won't hurt as much to know the truth. The talk of losing Chinatsu could kill him, his gaining Chigokai powers but at a cost, how badly damaged his body is and those chakra lines. And now the requests. The Chigokai has seen it far too often in the hospital. A dying person's last wishes. No matter how hard a medical ninja might try and save people, there would always be those too far to save. And when that time comes, those patients ask for one last thing from their family and friends. It is hard to watch, much less be a part of, something Ziren never wants to happen for the main reason of fear of losing those that he cares about. But... He knows that Yukio wouldn't be asking them for any favors if he didn't think that they would be up to it.

Ziren had realized how quiet he has been, thinking on the situation as a whole. He didn't want to worry his sister who has experienced two people that she loved disappear and reappear right before her eyes after so many years. Ziren nodded, "What is it?"

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The man chuckled at Soku's words about Asuka's inauguration, at least some things hadn't changed after all this time and safe to say the man somewhat wished to see his former fellow Sennin once more but such things could wait until he had finished current affairs with the pair before him eyes glancing to each as he began his explanation. "To begin with, much like other spirits, beings like Chinatsu can't be killed so to speak only move from one host to the next or become wandering ethereal creatures like when I first met it." Removing his Katana from his side the man left it in it's sheath and at first glance it would be easy for the two to tell it was covered in seals from top to bottom extending all the way to the handle.

"As such they can only be contained, preferably in their current host so they don't find a way to move from one person to another based on their own unique abilities." Placing his thumb under the hand guard the man pushed the blade out only slightly and the group would feel a foul air, a violent and unstable force contained within the blade escaping though only the emotion as the seals lit up wrapping around the blade and preventing what was inside from escaping. "This is the one I can assure you is contained, so long as the blade remains intact it will never be able to find a new host."

With that he dropped the blade back into its sheath before leaning forward letting it rest gently against the rock Soku was sat upon. "To that end I entrust this to you, you've always had a knack with the sword and it is usable though I would advise using it cautiously as while you can use it the creature inside will also try to control you to gain a new host as such it is up to yourself what you do with it so long as it remains secure." Turning his attention back to Ziren, Yukio reached into his coat withdrawing a scroll and handing it over to the man.

Should Ziren open it he would find a map of lightning country with two marked locations in the mountains Yukio pointing to them as he explained each one. "In this first place I managed to track one down in a cave system, that was where you see most of the injuries on myself came from, while I was able to collapse the cave I wasn't able to confirm that they were sealed." The man needed to take a moments pause choking up slightly as he recalled the events. "As such my companions Taisen who you may remember as my contract summon used herself to form the seal which now keeps them in place."

Moving his finger across to the second location the man regained his composure tapping on the location a few times to give himself a moment to catch his breath. "It comes without saying, but speak to this to as few as possible and only to those you trust. Here is where my second companion met its fate, after prolonged fighting I managed to weaken the bindings on Kōshukei's prison an event that almost freed it completely but we managed to draw the being into the mirror with Kōshukei now they are stuck there in an unbalanced state though i don't know how long that will last but knowing my old friend it will be long after we are dead and gone."

Giving himself a moment to catch his breath Yukio gave the two a moment to process the information knowing he had left one of the five out of the equation. "The last one's location is one I will take to the grave with me, while it's not that I don't trust you that much should be clear by now I can't run the risk of anyone discovering its location as its host is the lynchpin that holds them all together should he escape then all of this would have been for nothing." He had discussed much to the pair though his attention was particularly drawn to Ziren, given his history and background he had no doubt figured out what was going on by now keeping them in the dark did no one any good at this point.

"As for the last one that resides within myself alongside Chinatsu that one will be sealed upon..." there was a moments pause a moment to compose himself knowing this news might hurt Soku more than he could understand right now. "upon my death, an event which by mine and Chinatsu's current estimates will be a few days from now."

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Soku winced slightly a bit jarred as Yukio unsheathed the sword he held just barely and the darkness and chaos within was a clear sign the thing was not to be tampered with. Whatever things had been cast and shut inside, they meant buisness and it would spell a very nasty end for whoever decided to meddle with things beyond their power. "Sounds like quite the welcoming comittee you got in there." The Captain said eyeing the weapon with a bit of suspicous as the elder man laid the blade against where she sat nodding in confirmation of Yukio's word. "It will be secure within the Santaru estate, I'll see to it personally." With such a item that was both possessive and contained such darkness within, it was probably for the better of all around that no lingering eyes drew too much attention to it. It was shocking however that how such a simple thing like a sword could hold so much power within it, this world wsa really full of surprises.

The girl remained quiet through most of the recollection of Yukio's narration of the events only imagining what it must have been like. The imagery he gave was quite a horrifying one and it only served to reinforce the fact that the world of the unseen was one that still foreign to them and contained many secrets. She could read it on his expression, it had done a number on him and Soku did not blame him. From the cursed sword to having to track down the individual entites and cast them inside seemed like a very exhausting task that would probably leave someone scarred for life. "I understand why you wanted to do this alone but it wouldn't have hurt to have some reinforcements." Soku said looking up at him. "That's the sort of stuff you hear about in legends and.." Soku paused before finishing shaking her head." Those stories never end well."

Speaking of which, her expression spelled a question as the man lingered for a moment leaving them on edge and Soku frowned slightly as there was a part of her that was beginning to think something bigger lay beyond what he had already told them. "Upon.."Soku inquired raising an eyebrow not sure if she wanted to hear the answer when it hit her like a ton of bricks. His death. The man in front of her was by his grizzle old estimates going to be no longer on this planet give or take a few days. Soku blinked a few times as if trying to comprehend that staring at him. "That joke wasn't funny." The kunoichi said promptly though the tone with which he said was anything but jesting. He was serious, they all knew it as her brain worked in overdrive on how to promptly formulate a reaction. Her mouth opened as if to say something but then shut it again simply staring at him out of disbelief. Finally, she managed to voice the thoughts that were hammering her down second by second. "What do you mean you're gonna die?! You're Yukio! You can't die! Head of the Hyuuga Clan, former ANBU Sennin, you're telling me some stupid thing like a creature or whatever commands when you gonna bite the dust?!"

It was too much to comprehend at once as she gathered herself off the rock seat she had been sitting upon inhaling a breath. It wasn't possible, it just couldn't be. He had not come all this way to die, not if she had anything to say about. They had just met after all. A lingering moment of silence hung in the air after her voiced complaints when finally, her voice rang out in a simple yet painful question. "Where do you want to be put to rest?" She didn't like it, a part of Soku was still refusing to believe it but she knew the old man. He did not say things without thinking and his calculations were pretty spot-on but for the first time in her life, Soku was hoping that he was wrong. One time. Hopefully.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren listened as Yukio spoke, knowing full well how this is going to turn out. He unsheathed the sword and an overwhelming darkness filled the area. It was different from the darkness that Ziren had inside himself for so long as a Dark Sage, but... He didn't even know how to explain the type of darkness that was in that sword. He regrettably thought to himself of how he would need to get his hands on another cursed book that might explain these things Yukio has found. By the way that Soku had said that it will be kept secured in the Santaru estate, Ziren was glad for. His little sister was the careful type and by the way she looked at her new sword, he can guess that she won't be using it that quite often.

He turned his attention back to Yukio as the man handed Ziren a map. It was in Lightning Country, and Yukio pointed out the two locations in which the things were sealed away. And from the sounds of it... It was at the costs of his Contracts... "Yukio... If I had known that you were in Lightning Country, I would have came to help you." There was a thought that crossed his mind. It wouldn't prove useful at all to just check and make sure that the seal is still holding, if it managed to seal the beings. Yukio must know that. Which brings Ziren to think of why. Yukio does know that he has dealt with dark beings before. Yukio might also know that Ziren is not one to let things just sit, one of Ziren's own flaws. But Ziren himself was one to come up with a strategy to overcome his obstacles. He thought back to the very few words said that were used to describe these beings. Chinatsu consumed one of the others, by targeting the soul, otherwise, it would prove useless to go against the thing. And just now, Yukio had said that they can't be killed, so to speak. Which means that Yukio himself hasn't found a way yet. "Yukio. You and I both know I won't settle with just making sure these things are sealed away. It would be bad if their seals were broken when none of us are around anymore. Nobody to know what these things are or how to stop them. I promise you that I will destroy these things at all costs. All I need to know is if you noticed anything that made this things act negatively to. What one would say, would be their weakness. And so you said the one that Chinatsu consumed was mostly by spirit, or at the very least had enough power to consume not just the body but the spirit as well, in order to make sure it doesn't cause any harm. What if...." Ziren let part of his spirit leave his body and form into a staff. "I were to strike the soul side of things, along with the proper knowledge of what makes them tick?"

Yukio then talked about the final one, the boss of which, one that he would not bring fourth information of for the sake of it could make all their efforts be for nothing. And finally, the news that Ziren regretted wanting to hear. Pain in the heart, even when it isn't physical and nothing was wrong with you, could break a person. The Chigokai knew it was coming from all the signs up to this point, but it still hurt nonetheless. He looked over at Soku as she was denying the information that was thrown her way. It must be a million times worst for her, considering how she thinks of Yukio as a father to her. Ziren got up and walked over to Soku and hugged her. That's the only thing he can do, given the situation. He let go of her as she asked the question of where Yukio would want to be laid to rest.

Ziren's eyes stung with tears. It took a lot for Ziren to cry, not a feat that can be easily accomplished. He took a deep breath and said,
"If... There's anyway I can help... just say it."

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The man sat still, a somber look in his eye as he listened to Soku vent to him things going about as he expected given the nature of his news to them taking a deep breath at her words of the Hyuuga clan. "Head of the Hyuuga clan...I was once, look where it lead us I am now the last of my bloodline. A bloodline I ended myself after cleaning up the mess they left behind, and while it may have seemed like I took things in my stride I couldn't be more ashamed in what I did." There was audible regret in those words, it was quite clear that in remembering what he had done he had spent all this time running from the consequences of those actions.

"The same can be said for Chinatsu and others of its kind, I am incapable of helping them as I am not in the way they need help. Everyone who has met them, quick to judge, quick to assume and persecute until you get down to the core of what they are." The man turned to Ziren shaking his head at the thought of destroying them. "Perhaps it would be easier if you felt it for yourselves, while I could explain why I won't allow them to be destroyed and why they need your help where I cannot give it."

While he knew this wouldn't make sense for now it wouldn't be hard to make them see the truth of the matter holding out both his hands as he took a deep breath sweat beginning to run down his temples after a short time, clearly in pain as his hands tensed and shook long black tendrils pushing out of them that would be all to familiar to those who had met Chinatsu before. "Take them, don't worry this isn't dangerous though it may come as a bit of a shock. Just grab them in your hand and I will do the rest."

Before they could he knew he would have to answer the Nanjirou's question, something he had thought to himself for some time before now. "My one remaining friend within the Hyuuga clan will see to it, like the others upon my death me and Chinatsu will be sealed away in the place where this all began. While I wish you could be there to see it that is not possible as the clan will not allow anyone into the tomb."

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Soku acknowldeged Ziren's arms wrap around her with a brief nod of her head but right now, her attention was solely focused on the man who had held many hats since she had been apart of this village. He had held numerous leadership titles ranging from ANBU all the way up the title of Sennin and someone she admired greatly. The sheer fact that he was going to roll over and die was simply too much to fathom as Soku listened to his words commanding herself not to break down here. He wouldn't want that as she decided to spend these last few moment no matter how long or short they may be with the elder man that had given her something to look up to, something that had allowed her to reach where she was today as her words came stumbling out at the speed of light. "You know..when the village declared you M.I.A, me and Asuka thought the worst." The girl said quietly looking up at him. "I cried..I cried for days in that cemetery." The infamous graveyard that held Konoha's most revered heroes.

"Then this happened and I was the most happiest person in the world and now you're leaving us." Soku knew she probably sounded like one of her students complaining but she could not help it. He had done a lot and such sacrifices could not be so easily forgotten. The woman watched as tendrils seemed to loom out of his arm and for a moment, she flinched having seen that material a few times before. Chinatsu, one of the underlying factors why Yukio was going to be breathing his last soon and it was in this moment, the ANBU realized her gut feeling had probably been right. Nothing good ever come of attaching another being to yourself though in this case, it was too little too late for that. Her palm opened to allow the tendrils to settle in as the answer to her next question was provided.

It hurt, not only was she going to lose her mentor but she wouldn't be able to witness him laid to rest. In a sense, he was protecting her in one final act, Soku supposed as she knew the act of sealing away something as volatile as this was not one for the faint of heart. She didn't know if she would be able to take it, they had been through thick and thin together and the fact the last time she would see this man's face was quickly approaching was a hard reality. "We can try to ask the Medical Sennin, I'm sure the Byoin can work up a alternative or something so you don't have to do this." The girl offered weakly knowing all too well her arguement would not hold up but it was worth a shot at least. It was a heavy burden on Ziren as well as her world came crashing down before her.

It was a sort of boon in a way because the man had cared for her like one of his own. He had not wronged her in any way whatsoever and even when reprimanding her, there had been some amount of care behind that. A part of her was almost regretful she didn't have anything to send him off with. "I don't like it but I understand." She said inahling a deep breath, how on earth was she going to break this news to Asuka? Well, the fact that Yukio had been alive but that was soon not to be a reality anymore, it was good news coupled with even worse news but Soku sought comfort in the fact that at least, they had been right in some way. The hard was coping with the aftermath.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A certain type of anger welled up in Ziren. But it wasn't the one of blind rage, but rather that of sad anger. It was hard to hide the fact. Part of him wants to rid these monsters that is sending Yukio to his grave. But... there was another part of Ziren that wants to believe Yukio. It was the Chigokai's flaw of both speaking and acting out by following his heart, and always trying to see the good in people that Yukio wanted Ziren to carry out this mission. To not destroy them, but to rather save them... Ziren thought back, he had failed to save Nitish, thought he was on the bend around on things but he had tried to go missing and ended up dying. And before that, Ziren tried to save Maru by sympathizing with him, of having an idea where he was coming from, all lonely and whatnot. But he had pushed Ziren away, not wanting his help. Then there was Anyu. Ziren killed the man, but gave him a second chance to redeem himself as a spirit to right the wrongs. But after he lost his Dark Sage powers... He had lost contact with his ghostly companion. Part of him wants to make sure the Nara is alright, but there is no way of really knowing.

Yukio knows that Ziren has a big heart, it was just that the mednin was only quick to judge that these things were monsters by telling the state of Yukio is in. The man could tell Soku was still having a hard time processing this type of information. It was hard for him too. Even as a medical ninja, one can only do so much to keep a person alive, but in the end, it's that person who really chooses when they go. A flash back, and Ziren was at the Aesculapium. He was trying his best to keep a patient alive, but to no avail... But the weird thing was, was that man had a peaceful look on his face, as if he was ready to pass on all along.

He was sure that Yukio is the only one that really knows the full extent of his wounds and has come to terms with his fate... Yukio produced black tendrils from his hands and went on to discuss his burial plans. It was evident that Soku didn't like the idea of not being there, and that kind of pissed Ziren off. In a calm voice, as much as he can muster, since he doesn't like the idea of hiss sister being hurt.
"Yukio... If your clan knows family, they'll at least should let Soku see you laid to rest. You're a father to her as she is a daughter to you. I'm saying this as her brother, and your good friend. I understand tradition and rules are important, but I say family is a million times more important than that. Will you at least try and make them understand?" He knew that would be asking for a lot, basically asking if a blind eye could be turned on the traditions for a second, just so Soku can have her last moments with Yukio. One of Ziren's biggest flaws. Speaking out from his heart. He then did as Yukio asked and grabbed hold of one of the tendrils.

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He knew there was no words that could make any of this better, that being said it didn't mean he couldn't impart some words of wisdom upon his daughter at this moment. "While this may be hard for you to process, I understand that, don't give yourself hope that you know can't amount to anything. Rather than trying to hold on to what I am now, perhaps remember me for what I've done." After parting those words he turned to Ziren, knowing his thoughts were well founded however he knew what had to be done.

"Understand Ziren that if I could have Soku there I would, but I will be very much alive when I enter that Tomb and I would rather no one see the process of my death, know that when I pass there will be little to nothing left of who and what I am. This is not just for her but for myself as well." Whether they understood or not would be entirely up to them but it was clear Yukio had made up his mind on the matter looking down to the tendrils as they connected with the hands of his current company.

In an instant the mass would react to the contact of Soku and Ziren coating their hands before beginning to sink into the skin though there would be no pain, an almost soothing sensation in fact though this would be brief, following this would be a sea of voices. While each voices words would be jumbled with the rest thus making their exact words inaudible their emotions would ring true, Anguish, fear, terror all felt by every soul that comprised Chinatsu's being all laced together to form the black mass. Years upon years of betrayal and abuse under its various users before being locked away in the dark.

Yukio would have to focus though just for a second the man winced and in that moment something else seeped through the Ninja's skin a red mass quickly jutting out almost as if impaling their hands and those emotions of fear would be quickly replaced. Rage, Fury, an Obsession with battle the image of a crimson version of Chinatsu invading their minds with all the malice of the souls that formed it screaming in unison as the Chigokai pulled his arm back Chinatsu's form wrapping around the red ooze before pulling back in.

"Apologies, That would be the other one I had to consume." He took a moment to catch his breath prepared to explain what they had just seen. "Beings like Chinatsu and...the other one, are not born from Consuming the souls of of others more those souls come together to form them in the first place from people who feel the same. In Chinatsu's case it was betrayal and fear, the other one known as Ikari was born of rage and malice as such I couldn't really do anything to change its nature." Leaning over to Soku the man gently tapped the hilt of the sword he had given her.

"This one was born of Shame and Disgust it is known as Iyana and the two I have shown you Ziren were born of Envy and Grief respectively known as Akui and Kunō and while they are in a darker place now that is not set in stone. What you must bear in mind is these being have lived far longer than any of us have, and with that age comes a lifetime of being treat like tools so can you really blame them for the way they treat their hosts." The man took a moment to breath and let them process the experience and information. "That being said for each coin there is two sides."

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Soku could imagine the process he wanted to put to rest in would be quite the gruesome and complicated one if she would be unable to witness it and in a sense, Soku considered that a boon that perhaps Yukio was saving her from the trauma and emotional reactions that would follow when seeing her own mentor being put into the ground never to rise again. "It's fine, Ziren." The Captain said holding up a hand to silence any protest on his end though she did appreciate how strongly he was advocating for her. "If it is Yukio's wish, we must honor it. The last thing I want is for us to be squabbling about on such emotional days." It didn't suit them and they at least had some time before the moment of truth was upon them all.

The tendrils they had locked contact with had an interesting effect however. The mass of voices that resounded in her head, each emotion different from the other but it was clear the trials and tribulations of each was not something you sneezed at. That would quickly be shattered by a more vivd voice, almost loathsome in nature that displayed in their heads solidly enough before it was silenced as Yukio withdrew his arm and Soku wondering exactly just what she had witnessed. Yukio wasted no time in explaining and as each word filtered out of his mouth, she understood more and more exactly why such things could be so taxing on the mind and in Yukio's case, could be so deterimental in a sense.

All of the emotions Yukio listed were negative as she glanced at the sword. She really would have to perform some high-quality sealing jutsu or something because things like these, you didn't just forget about them. The moment you did, that was when everything went bad and things went from bad to worse. "The mind is a dark place, Yukio." Soku said quietly as he explained nodding and in a way, she could see how it could break a person but to reduce a person to such a shape and it was clear the toll it had taken on Yukio. Emotions were a truly dangerous weapon and it was one she was all too familiar with sharing her own stories with the other two present.

"You know, when I served as captain of the assassination division within the ANBU Corps, you were taught to be this thing. This emotionless, blank slate that was basically a mindless shinobi that carried out tasks with no moral compass, no love, no nothing." Her sword had probably silenced a multidue of people, the reasoning behind it was still vague. "They did that because the mind is a weapon. A dangerous tool that if not used carefully, it can damage you in the process." Soku explained, memories of those training sessions for the unit flashing through her head. Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, she gestured at Yukio. "I understand now why they do that. Because sometimes, your own self can be your own undoing."

A truly scary reasoning if you thought about it.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back