Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Hopelessly Lost [Free RP]

Kutosu Enno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"This place is big."

The young boy named Hise, son of a fisherman and a temple woman, had recently made the choice to sign his life away to service of the Raikage, a choice his parents fully supported. Having been a victim of the attacks perpetrated by the nukenin Makoro, Hise believed that he himself could help protect the county against future threats such as that. The memories of the events at Port Cirrus were still fresh in the boy's mind. The image of waking up to his father in critical condition bedded beside him still haunted his thoughts.

But the current condition of things helped distract his mind away from the desire for a better world, and placed the lost child's mind instead in a place of bewilderment and confusion. He had lost his way. He was used to the sizes of major cities, but this was the first time he had been sent on his own to do something in one of them, and this place was very new to him. The grand architecture, the towering bookcases... could he be in the Academy?

"Maybe this is just the library wing or something. I must have turned the wrong way somewhere," Hise grumbled lowly to himself. He wanted to prove he could find his way on his own, but this was proving a battle too difficult for the young boy just yet. He pulled out the scroll of his acceptance to the Kumogakure Academy, hoping that he'd missed something about his intended destination somewhere among its contents. Alas, the paper continued to produce no useful information beyond his acceptance to the elusive Academy and his newly drafted purpose in life. The Aokami looked around as if to see some kind of sign that would point him in the right direction, but there was no such symbol of hope that he could find.

"Man, I'm flailing around like a guppy out of water." He knew how to be honest with himself, but it didn't help much. Perhaps someday he'd be used to the environment and locations of Kumogakure, but for now, he'd continue walking the hallways of the library, hopelessly lost.

Just getting myself settled in. Hope I'm not making too many errors regarding the village itself. xD

[MFT]

Kutosu Enno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The halls were all too quiet. All of them. No matter how far he wandered, there was a quiet serenity about this place that told him it was not the Academy that he had been searching for, but indeed a library. He'd remember this place for later, but with the current situation he was in, he had little interest sitting down to read.

The only thing left was to find his way out. Thankfully, his sense of direction improved significantly when he found a hallway with windows to the outside, which he then followed back to the entrance of the building. Perhaps if he went back to the center of town he could find his way from there. After exiting, he turned to the structure, gave a short bow, and began to sprint toward the city.

Decided to just end this due to lack of other's interest. Guess the library isn't a place many people decide to just hang out lol

[Topic Left]

Kosu Tetaru contacted me wanting to join, and has full permission to have us crash into each other (and RP as if I fell) as I turn to run. xD

Kosu Tetaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Having not only lost his first ever physical confrontation, but been utterly humiliated, Tetaru left with three things, a black eye, a missing tooth, and the knowledge that had to prepare significantly before showing his face at the academy.
Tetaru was aware that most, if not all, of the other students would have either proper combat training, or real world fighting experience. He had a distinct lack of both. He had to find a way to even the playing field or risk showing up on the first day and becoming just another story that mothers tell their children in an attempt to change their mind about becoming a shinobi. It was clear that getting his teeth knocked out was not a beneficial experience, and he most certainly didn't have anyone to train him, but he did have the next best thing, The Bibliotheca Conscientiae.
Within the library were the writings and instructions of the worlds most accomplish shinobi, and although Tetaru may be a rubbish fighter, he was a more than competent reader. In the weeks leading up to starting date of classes Tetaru knew he has to train seriously, and and until this point had never truly grasped his fathers meaning when he so oft repeated “a serious effort requires a serious schedule.” He divided his week days into two, and then further every day. The first, third and fifth days of the week were focused on the concept of chakra. These days were split in half, with the morning reserved for reading about simple chakra control, and the afternoons for “chakra exercises.” Although he has no real control over it, or even the ability to feel it most of the time, he could meditate and attempt exercises found in his reading none the less. Most days like this were uneventful, consisted of him sitting under a tree trying to clear his mind whilst being constantly distracted by the simplest natural sounds, but as the academy start date drew closer some days he swore he could feel a stirring within himself.
This left the second, fourth and sixth days for physical training. Although conceptually simpler than chakra control, the readings were often more difficult to interpret. To assist himself in understanding some of the basics, Tetaru would get up early and head to the academy and observed some of the upper level students training from a nearby rooftop. With what he has just observed in mind, he would do a series of calisthenics, followed by his best attempted at repeating what he has witnessed earlier, but with a fence post as his enemy, and a broom stick as his makeshift weapon.
On Sundays he would rest, and more importantly head back to the library with the readings he had finished and pick up new ones.

It was the Sunday before classes began and Tetaru was strolling to the library to return this weeks literature. Balanced on top of his outstretched arms wore several thick books, with the top most one opened to the last few pages. Tetaru was using all of his concentration to weave through the crowded town center on his way to the library, and finish his reading for the week as well. As he approached the library, he looked up to see the sun was farther along in its journey than he had realized, and he might not make it before closing. “Crap!” he thought to himself as he broke into as near a sprint as he could whilst still holding close to his own weight in parchment.
As he whipped around the corner to bring the library into site he was so focused on getting in the door, several flights of stairs above him, he failed to notice the boy running directly at him. With a dull thud and a burst of pain in his right shoulder, Tetaru was sent into a spiral towards the ground. Books and scrolls flying everywhere, he was able to position an arm underneath himself to break his fall. While reaching for the nearest, now creased, book, he gets half way through an aggressive “Watch it trash!” before his tongue flicks over the spot where his tooth used to be. Reconsidering his harsh tone, he trails off before calling his possible assailant “trash.” His eyes slowly swing over to the other member of the crash, with the hopes he won't see someone twice his size and twice as belligerent. Instead he sees a young, dark haired boy in the process of sitting up, looking more stunned than threatening. Relieved, Tetaru spits out a “sorry....” as he rolls to his knees and pushes himself to his feet. Approaching the boy with his arm outstretched he gives his most sincere "are you ok?"

Kutosu Enno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Just after he started to run, the young not-even-a-student started to consider the idea of grabbing a bite to eat when he got back into town. He wasn't quite to the point of needing to eat, but with the energy he'd spent traipsing around the halls of the library, he figured he'd probably be hungry by the time he...

CRASH!

Before he even had time to register what was happening, his head had collided with the edge of something very solid. The counter-momentum sent him flying backward and onto the seat of his pants, his head flailing backward into a loud crack on the ground following soon after. The sound of flying parchment and painful groans filled the air as Hise attempted to process what had happened. He sat up, then looked down at the ground, almost in disbelief that it was there to catch him at all after such a crash. He examined his clothes and found a small tear in the thigh of his trousers. Oh well. The other victim of the collision didn't seem much happier.

"Watch it trash!" The bewildered Hise looked up from inspecting any damage he might have incurred himself to the other boy. He was overall rather thin, but he couldn't exactly discern his height while he was still so incredibly dazed. The angry remark sank in for a moment, but he dismissed it as nothing more than an exclamation of shock and aggravation. He'd wait to see further speech before jumping to any conclusions. As he started to take in a little more of what happened, the young boy finally realized the piles of books and scrolls laying all around the two of them. That removed any trace of doubt Hise had in his mind; that place was definitely a library. He reached out for two of the closest cooks and placed them in a pile, intending to collect more together after he stood up. He heard a relieved and apologetic "sorry..." before looking back to see the boy get to his feet. This new acquaintance was a little bit taller than Hise, though his arms seemed a bit thinner. Being the son of a fisherman has a benefit of toning your arms a bit, though. "Are you ok?"

Hise placed a hand on the ground and lifted himself up until he could get a firm footing, then stood up. It wasn't that he didn't trust the other boy, but he'd had enough experiences with pulling people over him when they tried to offer a hand up to know better. "Yeah, I'm alright," he said with a tone of regret, "but I'm probably gonna be stinging for a little after that." He put a small smile on his face and a hand on the back of his head to feel for any damage. It stung, but when he looked at his hand, there wasn't any blood. A good sign. The boy chuckled as he reached down and added another book to his pile. "I'm really sorry about that, I let my stomach get ahead of my brain there. I take it you were returning these to the library?" The confidence that he knew they were going back to a library had been false, but if he was wrong, it wouldn't be a big deal anyway. He added a pair of scrolls and two more books to his pile before picking it all up. "How about I help you get them over there? It's starting to get a little late. My name's Hise, by the way." His country excitement of helping someone out in the city started to take over as he started walking back toward the place he had just started to leave.

[MFT]

Nara Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I decided to head to the library to learn some more about Genjutsu, Ninjutsu, and Taijutsu. I'm not sure what to start on in the academy, so I'll just start at the library by learning more about them! I entered the library and was taken back in awe to see how much literature this place has.

"Great. Now where do I begin here." I say out loud, as I look around to find nobody in sight.

I walk past columns of bookshelves and look up at the signs. There are all these books and all these subjects of things that I don't want to learn about right now. None of the signs have helped me either. They all point me into the direction, of things that I'm not looking for.

"Geesh." I throw my hands into the air. "I can't even find out how these things are organized. Why isn't there anybody here to help me?"

Suddenly, I hear something crashing. I head towards the noise to investigate the situation. Seems some guys dropped all their books. I wonder if they could help me out.

"Heeeey!" I wave an arm towards them. "Are you two okay?"

Word Count: 202

Kosu Tetaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The hand he offered remained awkwardly hanging as the yet unidentified boy pulled himself to his feet. Trying to act natural Tetaru swung his outstretched arm up and ran it over his fuzz covered head. “I guess I wouldn't trust a stranger who just called me trash either” he thought to himself, deciding to move past the issue of the hand. Now that he was on his feet Tetaru could get a better look at the boy, giving him a quick once over. As was his first reactionary assumption, the boy was younger than him, appearing no more than eight or nine at the most, yet only a few inches shorter than Tetaru himself. During his first glance Tetaru perceived the boy as thin, so much so that he worried that a crash like the recent occurrence could cause him serious harm, but a more detailed observation of the boy's physique disproved this worry as the boy was all lean muscle, as if he has been doing some sort of manual labor for years.

Yeah, I'm alright, but I'm probably gonna be stinging for a little after that” the boy said as he cracked a weak smile and reached to rub the back of his head. After a quick glance at his hand, presumably for signs of bleeding, he continued while bending to reach a book “I'm really sorry about that, I let my stomach get ahead of my brain there. I take it you were returning these to the library? How about I help you get them over there? It's starting to get a little late. My name's Hise, by the way.”

Relieved that his new acquaintance Hise wasn't injured, Tetaru put on the biggest smile he could muster and responded “Well if your stomach can wait I wouldn't mind the assistance!” As he started to walk to gather some of the farther strewn books he spoke over his shoulder “Sorry again about smacking into you Hise. My name is Tetaru.
As Tetaru bent down to grab the scroll that was launched the farthest he noticed the location of the shadow cast by the library and how far from its base it was cast. This reminded him how soon the sun would be setting, and thus the library closing. “Well you shouldn't have to wait long to eat, the library will be closing soon. That's why I was in such a hurry” Tetaru explained while picking up the scroll and turning to jog back. Just as Hise was standing up with his pile of books a third voice echoed through the plaza in from of the library steps “Heeeey! Are you two okay?” Tetaru turned to look and saw another figure waving to him and Hise from atop the library steps.
OOC: Sorry about the delay! We have been having some internet issues, but they are all fixed now

Nara Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Wow." I thought to myself as I walked down the stairs. "Those two read a lot of books. What if most of the books are being used by one of the guys and the other is just there to help carry them all?" I'm not much of a reader myself. The only time I spend reading is if I wanna learn more. Typically I'm satisfied with just learning from those around me.

The smaller of the two looked back towards me. I jester a smile his way and speed up my pace to catch up.
"Are you checking those books out or returning them? If so, would you two like any help carrying your books?" This way I might be able to meet a librarian to help me out. It would be awesome if their books are the same kind that I'm looking for.

WC: 144
OOC: No problem. I'm just happy that you two didn't leave the post.

Kutosu Enno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Having been raised by a considerate farmer and a loving woman of the cloth, it was almost instinct for Hise to help out. Even if he was slightly leery of strangers, his gut wouldn't let him leave without helping out. "It's just a couple of books, so it's no problem for me. It's nice to meet you, Tetaru." Then, there was a call from behind the duo. A short boy with brown hair and a relatively thin figure, though definitely older than Hise. Perhaps Tetaru and this second person were friends? This new acquaintance certainly sounded friendly enough. The possibilities passed through the boy's imagination as he realized he wouldn't have a hand to open the front door of the library with.

"Hi there! I don't need any help with the books, but if it's not too much trouble, could you get the door?" His pace had slowed, but Hise continued to walk toward the entrance of the library without hesitation. The day was getting closer to its end, however, and Hise was getting more notably hungry by the minute. His body wasted no time in telling him this with a loud groan.

He'd have to continue his search for the academy tomorrow, unless he could get one of the others to tell him where it was.

Sorry for the delay. Had a busy few days, but it's calmed down now. Should have plenty of time to keep this runnin'!

Nara Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The pale looking person tells me he doesn't need any help with the books, but asks for my assistance in opening the door for him as well as the other guy, I guess.
*GrBraaAaaa* I cock my head back towards the pale stranger. "Wow." I say. "Was that your stomach?" I ask as I walk towards the entrance with them. "And, yeah. I can open the door for you. I also have a question for the two of you." We make our way to the door."I'm looking for books about Ninjutsu, Tiajutsu, and Genjutsu... or a librarian. I haven't been able to find anything. I just feel so hopelessly lost in this place."
I reach my hand towards the door and pull on the door handle, opening the door.

WC: 134

Kosu Tetaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Its nice to meet you Tetaru.” Hise said just before the new boy yelled to them. Tetaru was happy that they were able to move past the initial conflict but was only able to think of this briefly before he was distracted.
The third figure came quickly down the steps and approached Tetaru and Hise. “Are you checking those books out or returning them? If so, would you two like any help carrying your books?” he said as he approached the duo. As Tetaru bent down to pick up his half of the books, Hise responded to the newcomer “Hi there! I don't need any help with the books, but if it's not too much trouble, could you get the door?” Tetaru hadn't even thought of the door, but was glad that something was said, as to avoid the awkward situation of standing outside the library, unable to enter, until someone came along to open it for them.
Content to stay quiet, Tetaru picked up his stack and follows along as the trio started to walk towards the looming library steps. As they walked Hise's stomach made a grumbling noise audible to all three, and Tetaru thought to himself “Guess he really wasn't kidding about being hungry. Ill have to make sure to thank him properly for taking the time to assist me.” The new boy turned his head and responded to Hise's stomach with a ”Wow. Was that you stomach?” but quickly changed the subject, proceeding to ask “I also have a question for the two of you. I'm looking for books about Ninjutsu, Tiajutsu, and Genjutsu... or a librarian. I haven't been able to find anything. I just feel so hopelessly lost in this place.
Being his area of expertise Tetaru piped up “Sure, that's exactly what I'm returning. I’ve got a couple here on simple Taijutsu and chakra basics. If you would like, I could find us a librarian and transfer the ones I found helpful to you. And don't worry about feeling lost, it took me a few weeks before I could really find my way around. Its basically a maze in there.
Together the three boys approached the doors, and the currently unnamed acquaintance reached out to open them for the remaining two book carriers.

Nara Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I stand at the exit/entrance, holding the door open. The other dude speaks up, answering my question, to the best possible answer. “Sure, that's exactly what I'm returning. I’ve got a couple here on simple Taijutsu and chakra basics. If you would like, I could find us a librarian and transfer the ones I found helpful to you. And don't worry about feeling lost, it took me a few weeks before I could really find my way around. Its basically a maze in there.”
My smile stretches across my face and I slap my thigh with my free hand. "That would be great, guy! By the way, my name is, Sora."

WC: 112

Kutosu Enno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hise walked through the open door, thankful that the boy who introduced himself as Sora was nice enough to assist the two boys in getting the books inside. The young fisherman placed things he had gathered on the counter and turned back for the door.

"It was nice meeting both of you, but I have to go. Sorry to run off so fast. I'll see you around!" And that was that. Hise dashed off into the sunset, returning home to get some dinner before continuing his path forward the next day.

Really, really sorry, guys. I've been having some really bad personal issues.

WC: 91 v.v

[Topic Left]

Nara Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"It was nice meeting both of you, but I have to go. Sorry to run off so fast. I'll see you around!" The pale guy doesn't waste any time and zips past me and the other dude. He dashes off into the sunset.
"Bwa-hahaha. Perfect, PERFECT!" I say with a maniacal laughter as I slowly close the door... I turn around and look at the guy. "I'm not going anywhere with this. I just wanted to be weird."

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back