Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Houjin Smash! [Weekly Solo Mission]

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
'Tap tap'~

Maji turned his blankets over his head.

'Tap tap tap!~'

The white hair boy rubbed his eyes and groaned. Who or what was tapping on his window and waking him up so early? With his eyelids half closed and a poor posture, he slumped over to the window and opened it. In fluttered a gray bird carrying a note in its beak. Maji was a little slow to react, but then instantly got excited when he started to realize what was going on. “Bird delivery!” he yelled out and waved his arms. It wasn't uncommon for the Takahashi household to be covered by these flying animals all the time since Sousuke was practically in charge of the village. None had been for Maji, though. No, not until today.

The bird landed in front of Maji and leaned in his beak as if he was giving permission to grab the slip in its mouth. The pink-eyed boy grinned, received the note, and pat the bird on its head. Before the bird left, it eyed a resting Ippin that lied near the student's bed. Lizard butterfly... it was tempting, but this bird was disciplined and trained. It flew off.

With hands trembling with anticipation, Maji unlocked the seal and read the note. It was the R&D department and they were grateful for his last mission with the glaives. Glaives. He shuddered at the thought. Never again. It went on to say that the 'Steward', who Maji was dim-wittingly unaware of who he truly was, requested another mission for him. He was to guide a spider convoy that was to deliver a weapon called 'Titan Hammer' to a giant guy named Houjin. Houjin was then supposed to smash it to test the weapon. This mission seemed a lot safer; Maji didn't have to test out the weapon this time. Guide a spider convoy? What could possibly go wrong?

After getting ready, with Ippin on his shoulder, he ran off towards the destination of the spider convoy. He went to the R&D dept., handed the slip, and was given the spider convoy. It was the same receptionist as last time; she looked at Maji with some concern, but shrugged it off. The boy seemed fine last time.

Houjin's house was a little north of the main village of Sunagakure. It was a little more outskirtsy, but it made sense. A giant would stick out like a sore thumb if he lived directly with the village. Not that it was a bad thing; Maji thought it was neat. How tall was he anyways? Judging from the size of the humongous and intimidating hammer, probably very. The boy fantasized and got lost for a bit, but he shook it off and moved forward with the convoy. He'd make sure this would be another mission success!

The spider convoy, honestly, was a bit slow. I mean, he expected it – it was carrying a weapon that probably weighed a ton; however, Maji got a little impatient. Ippin and him played little games as they traveled within the outside of the city around to the northern part. He took this route, which felt longer, to avoid any traffic or mishaps that could happen within the village and the civilians. Sure, he passed by some curious passer-bys, but none hindered them from their path. It all went smoothly.

Finally, Maji, Ippin, and the spider convoy made it to Houjin's house. It was pretty desolate and had a strange cottage feel to it. It even had a chimney that spewed out tendrils of smoke that brought a mouth-watering scent into his nostrils. It smelled like he was cooking something; what could it possibly be? Maji, who was slightly fidgety and somewhat nervous, knocked sheepishly on the gigantic door. He took two steps back, clasped his hands behind his back, and whistled a random tune. There was a small pause, but after about a half a minute, the door swung wide open. Out came a colossal man that was half-armored and wore an intense demeanor. He looked mean; no, he looked barbaric!

Maji started getting a little dizzy – his breathing was irregular and sporadic due to the anxiety level he felt right now. His heart rate skyrocketed, too. Ippin noticed this and began rubbing her scaley head on his neck. While she usually succeeded in comforting him, he was scared out of his wits right now.

The giant looked down at Maji with a frown. His eyes then wandered to the spider convoy, then back at the boy. Maji gulped and took a few more steps back. In response, the giant stepped forward and spoke out. His voice sounded like thunder. “Is this the Titan Hammer?” he asked without much kindness in his tone. The white-hared boy nodded his head as if in a daze and responded with a whispered stutter. “Y-y-yes, H-Houjin-san. I'm M-Maji.”</B><i></i> The man stepped forward again. The boy felt like crying – did he say something wrong? The giant began to bend down – oh boy, here it comes. He was gonna die! The student crunched his face in, tightened his fists, and closed his eyes.

“Nice to meet you, Maji-kun. Thanks for delivering my hammer.” his voice remained the same tone, but when Maji opened his eyes, he saw something different. The giant bent way down to his level and wore the kindest of smiles. The man's pupils hinted at empathy; this was a friendly giant! Houjin extended his enormous hand towards the kid as to shake it. Maji was a little shocked, but was instantly comforted by the man's expression and embrace. He shook his hand, well, more like his fingers. The boy's ten-year old hands were too small to give a good handshake.

“No problem, Houjin-san. It was my pleasure, really.”<i></i> He grinned cheesily and then rubbed the back of his head. This mission was going to end happily after all.

The group moved behind the giant's cottage and into what felt like a mini-battlefield. His massive hands lifted the hammer with ease. Maji was in awe; he could never carry something that huge or heavy. Houjin motioned the student to stand back, and then he swung the hammer down at the seemingly innocent spider convoy. Maji knew it was just a emotionless vessel, but seeing it being smashed to bits by the mighty hammer made him wince a little. It was a faithful spider convoy – may he rest in peace.

Though, something did go wrong. As the giant retracted the hammer, he pulled a muscle. The giant hammer flew backward right towards Maji! It swung crazily in the air and resonated a loud noise. He was about to get nailed. Instinctively, he launched Ippin like a rocket forward and shielded his face. Here it goes; his death was about to come! Just as it was about to crash against his body, it stopped literally an inch away from him. The giant was quick enough to recompose himself and stop the flying weapon. Maji sighed in relief, but then everything went black.

He fainted.

----------------------------------

Maji woke up lying down with a warm, wet towel on his forehead and Ippin right beside him. He was in the giant's household. Houjin, noticing Maji's awakening, rushed to his side with a bowl of pourage. “Sorry, Maji-kun.” he apologized with his voice as thunderous as ever. It didn't scare him anymore, though. This guy was nice. Maji nodded and smiled. “It's okay, Houjin-san. I'm good!” he lifted himself up, put Ippin on his shoulder, and stretched. “I have to admit - that was a pretty good save.” They both laughed.

After eating and fellow shipping with the giant, the sun was setting. Maji and Ippin waved goodbye at the giant named Houjin. <B>“See ya, Houjin-kun! Let's hang out again soon!”<i></i> The man waved and smiled in response – a new friendship was made.

Maji would return to the R&D dept. and fill out another report. This is what it would read:
Maji's Data Report said:
Steward,

Mission success. Houjin's Titan Hammer functioned properly and he loved it. He sends his thanks.

P.S. If ever assigning a mission like this again, make sure to warn the deliverer to stand a good distance away when a weapon is being tested out by a giant man. I almost died.

-Academy Student Maji
Student ID #: 93AD0572

Mission success!

[WC: 1457]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back