Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Hymns of a Shaman (Req. Keita)

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune is a gypsy, a group of people that travelled from place to place portraying themselves as entertainers of sort. They were singers, dancers, musicians and fortune tellers. They are also known for their knowledge in the dark arts. Kitsune uses her gypsy magic casting illusion with the sound of music. Song and dance was a huge part of her character. With her illusions she made her music more than simply pleasing to the ears, but eyes as well. She has heard that the shamans also use song in their art; healing people in different ways. Kitsune was curious about these song and head to the temple of the five to learn more about them. If she was lucky she might even get to her one. She wonders what story the lyric would tell. Would it be a courageous tale of good triumphing over evil or story of love between god and mortal?

Kitsune dances around the nature’s clinic and with every step the bell around her ankles rings. With every chime she casts a healing melody. All who could hear it they could fell a warmth like a loving embrace easing all their pains. Of course as she dances she sings one of her many songs,
if you are lost in your way
deep in an awesome story
don't be in doubt and stray
cling to your lonesome folly

now you're too close to the pain
let all the rain go further
come back and kiss me in vain
mother oh do not bother
<i></i>

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There were few within Nature's Clinic as it was currently; few sick made up the entire audience, none with a major ailment this day. The Five blessed. And indeed the blessed with another; some woman, appearing around the age of himself -- a rare sight, too many youths, and what an elderly thing to say! -- sung a familiar song. She was losely covered in clothing; what covered her more was her metalic jewelry: rings and bells and bracelets everywhere. Each movement of hers was a song that carried a new voice into her's, fading in with the strength of the Spartans trained in the nearby camps, and dying with the fate of age.

Keita, garbed in his Shaman's robe -- a simple, grey matter that barely showed the form of his body save his feet, protected by the simple sandals he wore, and his hands and face -- stepped into the room while this enigmatic woman sung, whether she was aware of him or not, she did not make obviously known.
"Hear the chorus of pain
Taking you back to proper ways,
It's so easy to find
If you could remind me.

Now you are lost in your
Deep in an awesome story
So I will find you again
Kiss you for lonesome folly."​

"Well, it is indeed rare to see another singing within these halls; I see your voice is not what ails you. I wonder what you might be here for."

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune was caught a little of guard for she did not expect someone to join in with her singing. It is not often she sings with other people. The man looked like one of the shamans she was looking for and he asks for her reason of being her. It’s probably rare for him to receive visitors without some sort of medical problem. “Song is my life and dance is my art. My name is Kitsune a humble gypsy that has moved to this village. What ails me is curiosity. I wish to no more about this shamanism you practice, but if you are busy I can come at a better time. I am sure there are those with more pressing ailments than mine.”

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Information on the idea was readily known; it was one of the major pillars of society within the military village. If she was not familiar with Shamanism, it might suggest that she hadn't lived within Iwagakure for long, if ever, before. Explaining it simply, even, was not something that could be put easily. Her clothing suggested she wasn't from Maruishi, so he could not do something of an analogy to the Maruishian medics, either. "Curiosity can be a rather terrible ailment, can it not? It burns at your mind, keeping you wondering what it is you desire to learn and how you might obtain it; I can help that much as you have helped with these people," the Jun began.

"I am the Jun, or religious leader, of the Shamans, Keita is the name I am known by. The Shaman are healers within the village who practice the old ways of healing passed down since ancient times. Through illusion and song and the most basic methods of healing, we can help most ailments; what we cannot, the more modern medics within Maruishi can. Few clans and others who desire to be healers join our ranks; we are scholars, worshipers, and healers who seek to find teleos through our work." That was about as simple as Keita could think to put it. It might be confusing to her, as it seemed she did not know the religions of Iwagakure, which would suggest teleos to be nothing but a gibberish word to her. She did not know that the Shamans sought to help others for that selfish act of wanting to reach that godlike power. Unless, of course, she did.

"Questions?"

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Teleos was indeed merely a word, but that does not mean she did not understand. She has her own beliefs and practices that she can relate to this culture. In her beliefs there are three gods; one of sun, moon and earth. Only a few songs of such deities have survived in her clan. “We too use illusion and basic medicine. We use herbs given to us by the Earth Mother to heal many sicknesses.” She uses the term ‘we’ as she speaks for her clan. “I myself am quite skilled in the art of illusion which I mix into my song.” Kitsune grows quiet as she debates if she truly wishes to ask what she desires to hear. “Would it be too much to ask to hear one of these songs? Being of such religious importance I can only assume the lyrics tell a grand tales of your gods.” She smiles as an idea comes to her mind that perhaps he would agree to a trade. “If you like I can sing to you a couple of our most precious songs. Songs of my own gods.” These were sacred hymns said to be sung by the gods themselves.

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Our methods are indeed the same, it would seem. But 'we' suggests you to not be from here; are you another of the immigrant of Fire or Water country?" Keita asked, in hope to sate his own curiosity. It was like he said, a terrible ailment; those only with strength were the ones to advance in this village; those who hoped to strengthen their mind found themselves as advisers only. It was not that that was a problem, but it showed curiosity to be a problem for those who had major ambitions within the village. You were not permitted to think.

"One of our hymns? Most are rather lengthy, but I can think of one hymn of a song that is not too short. It is the Verse of Fire from the Hymn of the Five."
"Was paks ra hymme sarla oz saash
Aulla akata yor
Hymme sarla oz vira mea

Was quel ra reen hymmnos oz fayra yor
Was paks erra maxim tek near yor
Tienar irs weal merra
Tienar irs harton merra
Pomb guatrz merra
Deu pomb harton merra
Morto yorr dea oz heath"​

Much like he had recited the song earlier he sung this one. It was a familiar piece to him. It was the first two verses of the hymn, which explained the purpose of each of the Five and what each individually meant. Fire was the one of passion. Quick to anger, quick to love. With intense passion, they burned, but they burned out quickly, like a candle in the night's element.

"So what are these songs of yours?"

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Keita asked about her clans origins and she merely shrugs, “We are nomads. We have traveled around for centuries. Whatever our original homeland is unknown to us.” This reminded her of another song of her people, one about their endless journey. However that is for another time. The one she said she would sing would be about the gods of the sun and moon. When he sings a hymn she gives him a pricular look for she did not recognize the language of the lyrics. She should have known it would be in some ancient language. This makes her wonder about her own song. Hers was in common tongue. Perhaps it changed with the language of the times. She would ask for him to translate after she shares her own song. Her song had a small introduction before the actual singing. “Long ago there were two sister deities who ruled over the celestial bodies of the sun and moon. Everyone joyed the light of the sun, but paid little attention of the moon. The goddess of the moon grew jealous of her sister and blocked out the sun with her moon. The two sisters feud for years but eventually the goddess of the sun won by sealing her sister to the moon. Her face can still be seen on the moon this very day and during the dead of night you can hear the two sisters singing to each other. My first song is the Sun’s Lullaby.”
Fate has been cruel and order unkind
How can I have sent you away?
The blame was my own; the punishment, yours
The harmony's silent today

But into the stillness I'll bring you a song
And I will your company keep
Till your tired eyes and my lullabies
Have carried you softly to sleep

Once did a Lady who shone like the sun
Look out on her kingdom and sigh
She smiled and said, "Surely, there is no person
So lovely and so well beloved as I"

So great was her reign and so brilliant her glory
That long was the shadow she cast
Which fell dark upon the young sister she loved
And grew only darker as days and nights passed

Lullay moon princess, goodnight sister mine
And rest now in moonlight's embrace
Bear up my lullaby, winds of the earth
Through cloud, and through sky, and through space

Carry the peace and the coolness of night
And carry my sorrow in kind
Luna, you're loved so much more than you know
Forgive me for being so blind

Soon did that Lady take notice that others
Did not give her sister her due
And neither had she loved her as she deserved
She watched as her sister's unhappiness grew

But such is the way of the limelight, it sweetly
Takes hold of the mind of its host
And that foolish Lady did nothing to stop
The destruction of one who had needed her most

Lullay moon princess, goodnight sister mine
And rest now in moonlight's embrace
Bear up my lullaby, winds of the earth
Through cloud, and through sky, and through space

Carry the peace and the coolness of night
And carry my sorrow in kind
Luna, you're loved so much more than you know
May troubles be far from your mind
And forgive me for being so blind

The years now before us
Fearful and unknown
I never imagined
I'd face them on my own

May these thousand winters
Swiftly pass, I pray
I love you; I miss you
All these miles away

May all your dreams be sweet tonight
Safe upon your bed of moonlight
And know not of sadness, pain, or care
And when I dream, I'll fly away and meet you there
Sleep...

As she sung her song she slowly walks around Keita with her feet falling to the beat of the song. With the chime of her bells she casts illusion after illusion upon the listeners of the melody. If such a sad song did not drew a person to tears they would find themselves crying anyways. Crimson streams ran down their cheeks. Such drops of scarlet did not stain the ground for as they fell to the floor, they turn into a black mist which slowly expand and grew. Soon the entire clinic was engulfed in darkness, but it did not stay so. Small lights begin to shimmer above them like stars. In a distance what looked like the moon begins to ascend into the sky. When her song ends everything turns to normal and the people would find themselves back in the clinic no longer crying tears a blood. “The next song is the moons reply, but I would first like you to translate your hymn you sang before, if you don’t mind. Also I’m curious to what language it was in.”

{Jutsu used in order: Tourniquet, Verse of Darkness, False Surroundings]

And unaltered version of the song:

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A nomadic people, then? It explained some things, her unfamiliarity with the Shamans of Iwagakure being foremost in that list. Had her tribe traveled these lands for such a time, there was no doubt innumerous tales and stories that were passed down with each generation. Keita was mostly amelodic with the hymn; they had a special way of conveying their emotions to the listeners even if one did not understand the lyrics. Kitsune seemed confused by it, perhaps the song failed to connect with her. Little problem that was, though. The Hymn of the Five was not a song that was meant for one to feel any real emotion; it was more of a narrative of what the Five were and what they represented to us. Any emotion felt would more than like show affinity to one of the Five rather than anything else.

Silently the Jun listened to the gypsy's song. It, too, began with a narration which provided some context for this lullaby. She made true on her statement that her words carried illusion, though their purpose -- whether malicious or not -- was questionable. The cadence of the song was slow; it was meant to be, it was a lullaby, after all. With each count of the beat -- one two three four ad infinitum -- crimson tears on each of them fell; illusion was a thing of the Shaman. To not be able to recognize such would to prove failure to the Old Ones; Keita knew of her intentions, and understood them not to be malicious. She used the genjutsu to assist in her conveying of the story, the story of a ruler casting her sister away to the moon. It was sad tale that she sung; the tears perhaps showed it to be understandably so. Keita watched the gypsy dance with unhastened movements in a growing mist; the world was fading as black as the moon's hidden side where Luna was sealed. Lights like the distant stars appeared as the world vanished in the black haze; in a closer distance, the full moon rose.

The final command of the song "sleep" was held, and Nature's Clinic was their world again. Keita couldn't help but smirk in his impressed state; this woman was brilliant with her song and illusion. She used it like a true art.

"Mine? As I said before, it was the Verse of Fire from the Hymn of the Five. It expresses the 'fire' within one's self: passion, love, hatred, excitement. Desires and ambitions. I might say that you showed those well with your song, it was lovely. It was sung in an ancient language of Earth country, its name is not something I know. It was a language meant for ancient hymns and songs is the extent of my knowledge of it."

Keita would glance away towards the patients of the Clinic. It seemed all within the room did as Kitsune's song had said at the end and had finally succumbed to sleep. "The Moon's Reply is what comes next, you say?"

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“Yes however I’m still working on the artistry for it.”<i></i> She admits with a shy giggle. With a shake of her wrist and casts a Night Mare jutsu, however it was not a horse that was summon but a beautiful woman with hair as dark as night. Woven into her lush locks were gems that shown like stars. The woman dressed like that of royalty with robes of dark violet. As contras to her regal appearance she also wore shackles of iron around her wrists, ankles and neck which chained her to the ground. She was forced to sit on the ground for her binds prevented her from standing. Over her eyes was a blindfold, but it did not look to be a part of her bindings. It was the same color as her royal gowns and was marked with a crimson crescent moon. Above the blindfold on her forehead was the mark of a curse seal. It’s quite obvious that this was Luna mentioned in the previous song. Kitsune sits down on the ground and offers Keita to do the same. Despite being imprisoned it is improper to look down upon her, even if it is only an illusion. Luna starts the song and Kitsune quickly follows and harmonizes with her. The voice of the goddess was Kitsune’s mothers; she can only imagine how beautiful the real Luna’s voice must be.
How my deeds pain me as time stretches long
How could I have hurt them this way?
So rest easy now, my punishment’s mine
The weight of my crimes are my own

But into that stillness you brought me your song
With your voice my company kept
For your tired eyes and sweet lullabies
In exile I pay you my debt

Once did a Lady who gleamed like the moon
Look out on her kingdom and sigh
Dejected she cried, “Surely there is nobody
“Who loves me, or finds any love in my night.”

So great was her pain, she rose in rebellion
Against those who cared for her most
She let the Nightmare fall on those she ruled
And threatened to grip them in permanent cold

Lullay, dear Tia, good night sister mine
Rest now in starlight’s embrace
May this cool lullaby reach you in dreams
And ease you your passage of days
May my apologies find you this night
And may my sorrow in kind
Tia, you loved me much more than I knew
Forgive me for being so blind

Soon did her sister do what was demanded
And gave to the Moonlight her due
Breaking the Harmony, she saved her people
And banished her, as a wise ruler must do

Such is the weight of the crown that we wear, sister,
Duties we always uphold;
May you forgive me that foolishness mine
And live on with no burden upon your soul

Lullay, dear Tia, good night sister mine
Rest now in starlight’s embrace
May this cool lullaby reach you in dreams
And ease you your passage of days
May my apologies find you this night
And may my sorrow in kind
Tia, you loved me much more than I knew
May troubles be far from your mind
And forgive me for being so blind
The space now before us, empty and forlorn
I never imagined we’d face them all alone
May these sunless seasons swiftly pass, I pray
I love you, I miss you, all these miles away

May all your dreams be sweet tonight
Safe upon that bed above the lights
And know not of heartache, fear, nor gloom
And when I dream, I’ll fly away to meet you soon
Sleep, sleep
Sleep…
<i></i>​

Unlike the previous song the illusion stayed. Kitsune had a feeling Keita might have some questions about the appearance of her goddess. True most of it was only an assumption, but there were some definite clear points. It is these points that get the most questions and she would be more than happy to share what she knows about her goddess. Amongst the three deities she is worshiped the most. When she does become free from her binding they wanted to shower her with love so that she will not become The Nightmare again.

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Like some bashful maiden, the gypsy woman blushed at hearing the words of some compliment. It was rather girly of her, admittedly, and a behavior that Keita hadn't anticipated from her -- not that he had anticipated her to begin with, her appearance was something that came as a surprise to begin with, why should anything else have been? And yet it was. Her execution for genjutsu was incredibly simple; through the sounds of the objects around her, a slight movement of any part of her body seemed sufficient to make her illusion. That's why her dance mattered so much for her song, then.

Another movement, this one much more subtle, and thus came another before him. An unfamiliar woman youthful yet mature in demeanor. Her hair seemed to absorb all the light within the room, yet did not shine any brighter; she was donned in the royal colour made from some robe of fabric that covered her well. In contrast to the solid colours of her were rings and bracelets and other jewelry that shone like stars against her; the metal matched similar to the gypsy's own, differing only in these chains binded her. In all, it beautiful specimen. A sad one; she could not let herself be seen as she was trapped; she could not see other things of beauty as her sight was blocked. Even then, the illusional woman appeared with some bit of grace; she was a regal thing.

Kitsune motioned the Jun to sit, for the sake of the performance, he complied, taking seat where he was just standing. Then, upon some unspoken command, both the woman and the gypsy began their second song.

The regal illusion -- this Luna that was worshiped by Kitsune's people -- committed some crime that she accepted as her own. Some horror that forced her into some perpetual captivity; some action that forced her to never again be seen. Keita listened silently, watching the two intently despite their lack of actions beyond singing. This song was also a narrative, providing some information where the first failed.

This Luna led some rebellion against the people she was supposed to lead for the reason of believing to be hated by the others. A selfish reason, understandably, but is it not a reaction that many others might have? A "Nightmare" she released onto the others, that that meant could mean anything; given the gypsy's line of specialty being that of illusion, perhaps a malicious genjutsu that haunted the others? "To grip them in permanent cold" was to threaten death upon those others? Luna was expressing regret towards her actions, or at least sorrow for them.

The rest of the song went expressing the other emotions that Luna had felt. All parts as important was the reasoning for why she was given such a fate. Soon, the song ended, and yet the gypsy did not end her illusion. He looked at her expectantly; again, another thing he hadn't expected. He'd speak, not to her, but to the illusion; to say it to be nothing more than an illusion would be to also cast away the illusion through which the Shaman could speak with the Old Ones.

"You are chained and your sight hidden; you truly are as hidden as the dark side of the moon." A vote of sympathy? Not exactly, but Keita did feel as though he understood better now than he had before the situation with this goddess worshiped by the nomadic people Kitsune had come from.

"If I could ask, what is this 'Nightmare'?" Obviously that would be the first thing one might ask. Or at least, what Keita would wonder.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Luna turns her head as if to look straight at Keita as if to stare through his soul. “I see not with my eyes but with my ears. I am mistress of illusion for my very voice can deceive a person’s senses.” It was not uncommon for a Hashigaki to be born within the gypsy clan; in fact Kitsune’s mother is one of these people. “The Nightmare is me; it is what I became. This mark...” Luna touches her forehead to direct Keita’s attention to the mark it bore. “I created it as a tool to increase my illusionary arts and indeed improved my power dramatically.” In other word it was a hell seal. “But instead of me using it, it was using me. It found my jealousy anger for my sister and made it grow exponentially.” The Luna figure punches the ground but due to lack of physical form the floor made no signs of being hit. “How could I be so foolish to think I could use His power without fear? The power changed not only my mind but body as well. I became a monster known as The Nightmare and nearly destroyed the sun thus casting the world into an eternal night.”

Kitsune decides to explain more about her clan for she fells there is more Keita must know in order to understand her culture. “Luna is the source of all gypsy magic. I believe you call it… Jutsu I think? I hear you use your hands somehow to generate spells. Most of us use incantations written into songs while others like me use instruments.”<i></i> This little fact was most likely going to really throw Keita for a loop. He probably never heard of people that could cast jutsu this well, but have no clue what a handeal is. “As for The Nightmare… Well, let’s just say that you have your five and we have ours. However we worship mainly three: Luna, Tia and Terra. These three are sisters and are children to Order and Chaos. It was from Chaos that she drew the power to create the mark and it corrupted her.”<i></i>

[MFT]

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The chained illusion turned its head after its song, peering straight through him from behind her clothed eyes. It was impossible to think that she could see; it was impossible to think that she could not. Still, to say it peered towards him would be accurate enough; Keita watched her with meticulous focus; Keita observed every detail of her with as much care as his eyes could give. Despite that she was an illusion, it was still something of a medium by which these gypsy people could speak to their goddess, something similar to the Shaman technique, only in that through Kitsune, Keita also saw an avatar of the goddess Luna. Luna had a sense of vision through her hearing, not an uncommon ability among those clans who focused on the abilities that came along with sound specialization. To think that the royal family of whatever place Luna's story took place had such a keen ability was thought-provoking; what else did her history have to show us?

Luna claimed herself to be the Nightmare that she attempted to release upon the world; she thought herself to be that much a threat to the world? Was this Luna what the followers of the Fayth might consider the Sin? Thinking back to the song now with the understanding that the goddess had chosen herself to be the plague she would inflict onto others: she would rule them under some cold illusion with the dark power that the seal of Hell provided; Keita's shoulder burned in understanding. He had the very same, though, he had never used it in malacious attempts; since it was inscribed into him crudely when he trained to perfect genjutsu, he had used it only once. The urges the mark gave...it was all in your head; it was a part of harnessing its power; it took true willpower to be able to master it. It was a lust for power; greed drove you to pursue more of it. In that case, was this goddess just a victim of herself? She fell weak to the seal. It was a sad and truly terrifying fate; few, if any, could stop such a thing from happening. Those seals provided amasing power; to become victim to them...the Jun shuddered at the thought.

The gypsy woman added a bit to the illusion's explanation. "Jutsu, indeed, they are called. Though, I must say, techniques created through sound and incantation is not unheard of; much the same is something we Shaman -- or I, I know not if many others do likewise -- do as well. I have not, however, seen something so advancedly casted through something as simple as a chime of your bell. Talented indeed, I will say again." Keita pointed out that he knew the source of how her illusions came into being; while some may have been distracted by her simple movements, an attentive eye could see it. Luckily, the Jun's were such."

Her goddesses were of three: the moon, the sun, and earth, if one were to assume by their names. The children were two opposites, Chaos and Order. Neither were exactly bad, and neither could exist without the other, in terms of logic; it was likely her people thought the same as the Jun now assumed, so he would ask no further of it.

"Impressive display of your abilities. I am sure you would have made your people proud if they had seen your performance; perform, you had even for the patients. They sleep now to the tunes of your songs."

WC: 593

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune’s skill in illusions is a result of year of practice and being an entertainer she learns to use them in unique ways. Not many would think to use a night mare jutsu to create a person or Tourniquet to have people cry tears of blood. It takes a true artist to mold a genjutsu in such a fashion. “You flatter me. I’m sure you have seen plenty of people better at casting illusions in this type of village. I’m simply good at making them look pretty; combat wise I’m probably useless.” True she is not trained in the art combat, but she is putting herself a bit too low on the pedestal. Despite the original purpose to her skills it can still be useful in a fight. “I am curious about how one becomes a shaman. Is it necessary to worship the gods of iwagakure.” She was hoping for a no because she was interested in joining this group. They had similar styles of healing to her culture and she thought it would be interesting.

Before Keita could answer her question, there was a sound of a person clearing her throat. She looks to see Luna still sitting ther and looking a little bit perturbed. Kitsune had completely forgotten she was still maintaining the genjutsu and unlike most illusions this is a creation jutsu which means it has a mind of its own. “Oh, sorry Luna.” With a wave of a hand the moon goddess disappears from sight.

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
So then that was the purpose for her being here; it seemed that this gypsy was curious about the village's shamanism. Plenty came to the Temple on a whim, but few were curious about those who worked within its walls. Fewer, still, chose to join. It was pleasant to just hear of one who was curious about the Shamans -- even more that she was curious about how one might join. Keita took in the moment for a bit of pride -- oh how rare that was in such a prideful village, that one who championed the mind over the brawn could have a moment of pride.

"I simply state what I see; you've stated well enough with your show. As for the Shamans...no, worship of the Old Gods is no prerequisite; there is no requirement to worship anything to practice as a Shaman, despite the public image of such. It is just rather common that few few Shaman clans in the village which provide majority of our members do worship those gods. Your faith is your own."

"Are you interested?"

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Keita answered some of her question but still left her statement unanswered. “Yes I am interest, but what do I need to do to become one? Is it as simple as signing myself up or is there some sort of ritual that must be performed?”<i></i> Kitsune has been to many different villages and seen all sorts of different religious groups. Most of them had some sort of requirements or task that must be achieved in order to join. Even non-religious groups like anbu had some sort of exam that must be passed before becoming one of them.

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"To join us? Nothing immediate. You've shown more than adequate compentancy with your illusion; you can soothe anguished souls with your songs as easily as another might. If you wish, find your place among us; with more experience, you can rank among the Shaman, which does have a ritual. I would have no qualms with counting you as one of our Shaman apprentices, called by many as Shaman-in-Training," Keita stated obviously. Eventually she would take the Rites of Ascention, something that she might find easy enough given how casually she had spoken with her gods. If she would hear the Old Ones or hers' the Jun was not sure. When the ritual would take place, many months from now, she would speak with them and they would tell her what she could and should to as a true Shaman. They would tell her her purpose with us. What she did with that knowledge would show how she would reach teleos or if she ever would.

"So then..." the Jun trailed off, waiting for the gypsy to pick up the topic where he had left it.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“Well than, this day you may call me Kitsune, Shaman Apprentice. Before I leave there is one more thing I must do. Luna wishes to give you something.” As she reaches into her pouch she casts a Night Mare jutsu once again, however she did it in a unique way. Because it is an illusion and thus is not real an object can occupy the same space as the illusion. Doing this one can hide an object with in an illusion. In this spell Kitsune superimposes the illusion of Luna over herself. The Luna illusion will move with Kitsune and thus continue to hide Kitsune from view. Basically she used a transformation without the transformation jutsu.

“I want you to have this so that you always remember my tale.”
Luna hands Keita a silver bell. The top and bottom of the bell was carved with a crescent moon. The bell was a training instrument for young gyspies. Anyone that can mold chakra can cast audial genjutsu through this type of bell; however doing so normally destroys the bell. It takes a special touch to cast an illusion through it without breaking it. Such is the training of the gypsy. After casting audial genjutsu without breaking the bell they then try casting illusions on other senses. It is a rigorous training but Kitsune found it worthwhile. To be able to cast illusions with such flare and grace, it was worth all the training in the world. After Keita takes the bell, Kitsune would leave still under the disguise of Luna.
[left topic]

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Keita watched in silent the gypsy's final act. She was Luna, he could so clearly see it, but she wasn't. The goddess' likeness existed where Kitsune had, the illusion mimicking the actions done by the woman underneath the veil.

"It is not one I would soon forget," Keita stated simply, taking the silver object, it jingling lightly from the exchange of hands. He watched, afterwards, the woman's escape back into the world. So easily she came, just as easily she left. She agreed to join those who practiced manipulation of the void, of illusion, to help the residents of the country. It was an act that might be akin to her being a healer within her clan -- or whatever the groups of nomadic people called themselves. She was an interesting character, the two would have to meet again soon.

The bell never left his palm as he left. Each step jingled with but a single resounding ring, keeping the image of that woman fresh in his mind.

[Short/crappy topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back