Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Hyuuga Rina's first training

Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
One morning Rina’s parents woke her up at dawn.
“Rina, we have decided to let you enroll at the Shinobi Academy, but first you will have to train like there is no tomorrow.” Her father said.

After breakfast, Rinas father took her to the Hyuuga clan’s small training facilities. At first the training was too easy, just repeating slow hand movements, like she was trying to hit something in slowmotion. After an hour or so, Rina became tired in her arms, but her father just told her to speed up the movement. Around lunchtime Rina passed out for an hour. She woke up to her stomach rumbling, and noticed she was in her bed. She slowly went downstairs, into the kitchen, where her mother sat with a troubled look on her face.
“You know you are going to do this kind of training every day from now on, right?” Rina’s mother said. Rina just nodded and sat down to eat what was left over from lunch.

“Time for a completely different kind of training.”, Rina’s father said. “You have to learn how to control your chakra. Today you will try to sense your chakra and the rest of the week you will try to shape it.”. Rina answered “Yes, father.” Immediately and began trying to sense her own chakra. She started looking at her hands and just try and feel it, but after a while she gave that method up. Then she tried meditating and listen to her body, but after an hour she became impatient. Then she shouted “Byakugan!” every half minute for fifteen minutes, but that didn’t help either. In the end she began meditating again and around dinnertime she began feeling something. After dinner she could not concentrate on her studies and was allowed to go to sleep instead.

The next day Rina trained hitting a target all morning, without passing out. After lunch Rina’s father instructed her in chakra control, focusing on getting chakra to form in the palm of her hands. After dinner she had her studies, but they did not go very well. They repeat this cycle the rest of the week. On day four Rina’s hands were filled with blisters and day five her hands began to bleed. After the week had gone by, she started at the Academy, and as a good luck gift her mother gave her a pair of gloves.

[WC: 400]

Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rina’s new daily routine began with waking up before dawn to have breakfast. After breakfast she would train her Taijutsu skills until she had to go to school. After school she trained chakra control with her father. After dinner she had her lessons in language, etiquette, arts and so on. She also had homework from the Academy, and at about ten at night, she often passed out in her bed from exhaustion. At weekends she trained both Taijutsu and controlling chakra throughout the day, but left the evening free to relax with her family.

One week later her brother suddenly started acting up, saying:
”Why does Rina-nee have to train all the time? Why can’t she play with me anymore?”

Rina answered:
“Because I want to become a Shinobi, and to become a Shinobi, I must train hard.”

“I wanna be a Shinobi too!”
He said with his face lightening up like candle. They looked towards their father expecting a response.

“Okay, okay Mamoru, you can train with your sister for one hour a day, until you are old enough to go to the Academy.”

At first Rina’s brother slowed her training down a bit, but after a week’s time they started having mock battles. It was obvious they didn’t have any experience, but Rina learned more having someone to spar with on her own level. She was stronger but her brother was faster, which made them almost even.

A couple times throughout the month Rina invited her classmates to train with her after school. Those days she trained chakra control in the morning instead, so that she could train Taijutsu with the others. This was also the perfect opportunity to try out new techniques, like sweeping people off their feet. But the others would quickly learn to avoid her when she started using her feet instead of her hands. She knew she had to work on both hand movement and footwork, to even have a chance of using this new skill.

[WC: 332]

Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Coming home from a long first day at the Academy, Rina was hungry.

“Mother, what’s for dinner?” Rina asked.

“Karaage, your favorite.” Rina’s mother answered.

“How was school?” she continued.

Rina answered:
“It was great!”

She smiled, but then she remembered some upperclassmen, she had seen practice at lunch break. They were enviably good at sparring, especially when compared to Rina. She knew she had to do something to raise her fighting skills. At dinner Rina told her father about the mission, she had been invited to join the next day, and he approved. After Rina’s home lessons and home work, she went to bed early. But she woke up at 4 AM. All according to plan she snuck into the Hyuuga training facilities. She knew only two hours of training would be possible, if she was not to be found out. She started training by hitting the wooden dummy with both hands. Different places, but always two hits right after each other. Faster and faster, until her hands started bleeding. Then she stopped and checked the time. Almost two hours had passed. She went to her room, but she couldn’t wait for everyone to wake up. Rina took a bath instead, which was nice and warm, but the soap stung her hands. She bandaged her hands and put her gloves on. She wore those all day, even when she ate. About the time she came out of the bathroom, her family began to wake up. They had breakfast and did morning training. She avoided using her hands any more than necessary and used her feet instead. It was obvious that Rina tried to sweep her father off his feet, and it even succeeded once, but he probably let her do that on purpose. Rina cut morning training short since she wanted to make a bento and pack a makeshift medical bag, for the day’s mission.

[WC: 316]

Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It’s time for a change. Rina decided to change her training a bit. In the morning she would do some taijutsu and ninjutsu training, and after school she would do chakra and other Hyuuga training with her father. She had no confidence in genjutsu. Maybe when they had genjutsu class, she could figure it out. For now she would have to focus on things, she felt more comfortable with. Soon after these changes Rina started getting the hang of using chakra. She was more in tune with her body and noticed that she could use her chakra in a somehow different way. It was like her chakra could be sharp sometimes. In school she asked why this could be and was told about element affinities. Because of this new information she started looking for books that could tell her how to use this, but discovered she had to learn specific jutsus to use it. She turned her attention on wind jutsus, of course the easy ones. After a while she got the hang of this too and was amazed of her sudden progress. But genjutsu still eluded her, which brought shame in her heart. To hide this shame she just trained harder. Just as her hands had healed up nicely, they started blistering again. She also made more night sessions and this was noticeable in class. She would yawn more and one day she even fell asleep. They did not notify her parents though, but Rina knew that if they found out, they would give her house arrest. This made the shame in her heart grow.

[WC: 266]

Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rina came home in the late afternoon. She had three new books in her bag, which Arano-sensei had given her, at the hospital. She wanted to read them at once, but she knew her parents would be worried, with the high probability of the hospital having taken contact to them earlier, so Rina went straight to the kitchen, where the family conversations usually were held. As she expected, both her parents were there, looking very concerned.

Rina, we were worried sick!

Her mother said quite loudly. Her father followed with:

What did you do to get admitted and discharged, both in one day?

I-I used too much chakra in an exercise of chakra control…

Rina answered hesitantly. She looked up at her father expecting to be scolded, but he remained silent looking at her like he was very disappointed in her, or at least that was how it looked to Rina. Her mother then started speaking again, seeming more collected than before:

How do you use too much chakra in a simple exercise?

Well-uh I used my chakra to run up a tree for a full hour… Then passed out from exhaustion… At the very top of the tree, but Arano-sensei caught me and admitted me, to be sure I wasn’t hurt.

Then we must be sure to thank this sensei of yours.

Not when he is the one who had her run up a tree for an hour!

U-uhm I kind of didn’t listen to him at that point, so even if he had tried to stop me I…

You did what now?!

Her father interrupted and then her mother joined:

Why would you not listen to your sensei, dear?

I’d rather not say. Here is the paperwork from the hospital. I’ll go to my room now.

Rina said, while handing over the papers. She then went towards her room and said:

Goodnight…

[MFT WC: 314]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back