Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Ichigo Shop! [Modded Mission]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The sun was beating down hard on this particular day, any relief Konoha was getting from the coming winter was beaten back by the blazing sun. The lack of a breeze only added to the weather they were having. Quite a contrast of the past few days which had great weather, nice and cool.

It was almost a daily occurrence for academy students to be given missions from their academy teachers. Today a young lady, in her mid twenties at most approached Suyashi in the hallway. She had black hair tied up in a bun with a few pencils sticking out of it, she was wearing the iconic Chuunin flak jacket. Her voice was soft but confident, as she looked down to the future 'Lightning King' she looked to the clipboard in her hands. "Suyashi, correct?" She said more of a rhetorical before reading off the chart. "Considering the lack of resources which have been moved to locating Umashi we got a request and your name was drawn." she said flipping the clipboard where he would see his name circled and 'Ichigo Shop' circled as well.

"You're being assigned to help a man named Mr. Kenutsu, he has opened up a shop in the Red Oak district selling fruit. He's had trouble getting employees as he just opened up, he just needs you to help him on the first day. You'll be properly rewarded and as an extra bonus we've informed your teachers that your homework for tomorrow is excused." She smiled at him before handing him the small piece of paper. "Just make sure to ask for Mr. Kenutsu when you get there, say you're the student from the academy and he'll probably get you started immediately. I'd love to give you more information but I've got a class in five minutes and I need to prepare the lesson. Good luck, Suyashi!" she said before sauntering off in the direction of her classroom.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Heat. This was a day that sweat would be had and boy was Suyashi ready. He was getting things done before the Tournament, wanting to ensure that he would get the most out of his time. He needed to stay focused. His training was put into everything he did. However, He was pulled from his training on this day! How dare they! They knew he was gonna be great! They all knew it. However, he would only be as great as his training would commence. So with everything in him he would stop his doings and make his way to the leading point. Meeting the woman and thinking to himself about what she said, maybe this wouldnt be all that bad. With the village in turmoil a bit with the disappearance of the Hokage, he would definitely want to step up to the totem to get things done and help! It was the least he could do. So he would trudge along saying nothing as he made his way through the village to the Red Oak District.

'Mr. Kenutsu? Thats a weird name... but so is Sushi. Hm... I guess this is going to be interesting.' He was gonna get some extra rewards!? Maybe he could use that money to help his mom. She was getting old at this time. Not as spry as she used to be, but she was an eager gal. Someone that he respected because even if she was getting up there in age, he could not take her in combat. Not even with Kouza's help. Many of times they tried and failed. However, he wanted to take care of her with his shinobi wage. And he would do that... Moving up through the ranks, he would start to earn more money as he would becoming more and more widely recognized. This was going to be certain, only if he managed to keep his head on straight and do good in everything he put his mind to. He was no slouch, and he was not a boy that just liked to be another face in the crowd. This was Suyashi, the boy wonder! The Raiton Mastah! And fools would be hell bent on thinking he would ever be a push over. He was going to have his name remembered from all his peers.

Wiping sweat from his brow as the heat of the son beamed down upon him he would manage to find out the area that he was going to go upon. He didnt need much time but he thought, 'I'm going to jog the rest of the way there... Everything I do has to be training. I have to train in my sleep if I'm going to beat the Clan of the Uchiha... And that fast kid Shinzo!' nodding he would look around a bit before beginning, starting off in a soft jog pacing himself to be sure that he wouldnt run into anyone, then finishing in a final glorious sprint to the front door of the Shop! It was a nice shop, it had just recently been opened and it was somewhere that Suyashi wanted to take his mother to eat. Maybe she would like the food! Maybe it would re-invigorate her fighting spirit! It mattered not, because he just wanted to take care of the woman as his father would've. For some reason recently he found himself to be more compassionate towards Kouza and Masa, his best friend and mother respectively, ever sense unlocking his abilities, becoming one with lightning, he felt like it was something he needed to do. Something that he needed to show them, because he truly did care about the two of them. He wouldnt know what he'd do without them...

Either way, and at any point, Suyashi found himself standing there for a moment, taking a deep breath. 'Breathing exercises... I need to figure out a way to stay calm in the midst of combat. He knew his fights in the future wouldnt be easy. He knew that he would have to work hard for everything he obtained. And that was going to be his fuel for this. He felt that if he could manage to make and maintain his training with Mr. Kenutsu he would be able to continue working towards being the top Shinobi in the village. 'One day at a time,' he'd nod as he stepped through the doors to see what would await him!

WC = 739/2000

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The first thing he would notice when stepping in the shop was the alluring fragrance of fruit. The whole place just smelled like a wonderful fruit salad that made your mouth water. The second thing he would notice was the Kunai being thrown straight towards his face! With precise accuracy that only a Hawkeye could posses, it went straight past his nose barely kissing his skin with the cool metal. The man who threw it was an intense looking man with a stern face and a sharp chin. He was wearing an open robe, that showed scars all up his chest that continued to the tip of his hairline. The man had obviously seen enough combat for multiple lifetimes.

The only thing more stern than his look was his voice, the man did not really speak, it would be better described as a bark or growl that the most gruesome of beasts would left off. "WHO ARE YOU! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN ICHIGO SHOP? DOES IT SAY WE ARE OPEN YET? DID I LET YOU IN?" He continued to shout, not even giving Suyashi a chance to respond. "NO I DID NOT." he said yelling loud enough to alert everyone in the whole village. Despite his constant yelling the man soon realized that he did request for an Academy Student, but instead of offering an apology like most would, he crossed his arms and rose to his feet. "Bah, young ninja these days. If I would even call you a ninja, first you do not knock? Do you not respect your elders? Do you not respect me!?" he let off a nasty snarl before making his way over to a wide cutting table with an assortment of melons lining the wall. "Even if you were a ninja, you would've entered where I would have not caught you so easily. Either way you fail!" he said without giving Suyashi much time to respond.

Grabbing a giant knife from the table he slammed it down hard into the cutting before, breaking even his own shouting with the sharp noise of steel on wood. "You see these melon?" He reached over grabbing a medium sized cantaloupe. "See, fruit is like fighting.. Take this for example, it is about the size of your head." with a quick upward flick of his wrist, he sent the melon flying into the air. And if it weren't for the flash of the blade Suyashi wouldn't have been able to see the man cut the melon into perfect one and a half inch slices. In another show of his finesse, he caught them masterfully in his hand before laying them out into the table. "ONE AND A HALF INCH. THAT IS PERFECT EATING SIZE. ANYTHING LESS AND YOU ARE CHEATING OUR CUSTOMERS AND CHEATING IS NOT SOMETHING I WILL ABIDE." A smirk appeared across his scarred face.. "And if you cut too large.. YOU ARE CHEATING ME. AND YOU WILL NEVER LIVE TO CUT ANOTHER MELON IF YOU DO! Now. I must go prepare the tables. When I get back all the melons must be cut." And just like that the man slammed the steel knife into the wooden table and headed to the front of the shop.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Even before he opened the door, the smell of the place overtook him, he was lost in thought until the sounds of metal struck the air. A Sharp Zzzzzzzznng! The sound of the Metal hitting the wall nearly colliding with his face caused Suyashi to shudder! Before he even had a chance to react the man came out of no where berating him about entering. About how he wasnt a shinobi or some such? He was speaking so loudly and profoundly that even if he wasnt spitting in Suyashi's face, the boy could only squint and pull his face back. This was definitely not something that he would be able to face like this, however, he didnt have a choice. 'No wonder this man has no employees, I wouldnt wanna work for him...' the honey blonde boy would think. However, as he would listen to the man, he had a point. He didnt knock, or do anything that his mother taught him when entering someone's residence. So with that he would keep his head in a bow as the man spoke.

Though, he did lift his gaze to see the man sharply throwing a melon the size of Kouza's head into the air before dicing that sucker. 'Wait... When did he move? How fast is this guy? He's almost as fast Momma Masa!' it caused a shrilling chill to dance up Sushi's spine as he would think about what would have happened to him if that blade had struck him. He wouldnt just have the nick name sushi... He would indeed be Human Sushi! So he listened further, the explanation was to make the melon one and a half inch? He could do that... maybe not face but he could certainly give it a shot.

So he would find himself taking the knife that he drove into the table before scurrying off into the darkness, or whatever and he would go to wash his hands. He couldnt deal with people's food with dirty hands. Momma Masa would kill him and then revive him to whack his hands. So taking the soap, he would drive his hands into the water and soap up good before returning to the table to begin cutting. Then he realized... He didnt have a ruler! He didnt know how to measure it out... He didnt want to cheat anyone, so he would call out to the man, "Kenutsu-sama! How do I know if I cut the right size sir!", then he would wait... Maybe if he asked how to do it right he wouldnt be yelled at!

WC = 1170/2000

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Haha!" the man shouted once again, however instead of appearing from the door he left in he dropped from a tile in the ceiling. He was right behind Suyashi, breathing over his neck as he leaned over him. "You are smart, asking for a ruler. A man with a measurement is a man who cannot cheat." From one of the shelves he pulled a ruler out from the counter, it had no other markings but one and a half inches. The man then slammed it onto the counter. "You are smart for asking, but lazy for not looking yourself!" He sighed before continuing to ramble, "Must I do everything, kids these days. Back in my day if we weren't given a ruler we made a ruler. How does a shinobi in the academy not even know the exact measurement of one and a half inches off the top of his head. Do they not teach you how to throw kunai and shuriken anymore?!" he continued his rambling for too long before finally retreating back into the front of the store. Leaving Sushi back to his task of cutting fruit. For whatever reason this man seemed to be too intense all of the time, Suyashi was right. Why would anyone want to be his employee.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Nodding, at least he would get the praise from this. 'Yes, I did something ri-' but as quickly as he was brought up. He was beaten back down for not looking himself. Which was true... He took the criticism with a grain of salt, and pushed through it. This man needed his help, needed him and anyone else he could use to run this place. Though as he would continue rambling on Suyashi would interject meekly, "I... I havent taken that class yet... I learned how to throw on my own...", nodding he would huff outwardly before taking the ruler for measuring. Then again he would have to work fast right? Or was he not being timed on this? Who knew at this point, but he wouldnt ask many more questions.

Waiting until the man would leave Suyashi found himself rolling his shoulders back and eye balling the measurements before laying the melon next to the ruler. This thing only had one measurement? That was daft. However, maybe it was used for more than just measuring Melons to be cut? Suyashi would not want to think about such things at this time. He had to focus, and it dawned on him. What Kenutsu said.... this was perfect for his training. If he could cut with precision and less effort, maybe he could be a deadeye and master his own weaponry! It would drive him to take the goofy smirk off his face and get serious! He couldnt let Kouza, Shinzo, or anyone surpass him! He was the Son of not one... but Two Mizukage! He would not stand to be behind! He would be the best... AROUND! And, No one would ever keep him down! Cause he was the best... AROUND!

"Alright Sushi boy... you got this!" he spoke to himself, looking over the cuts he made, 'So far so good!' But just then he found that he cut alittle awkwardly on one of them... But he shook his head it was so small maybe he wouldnt notice! So he pushed the melon pieces together after a few moments before huffing... He couldnt lie to the old man, and he thought to himself for a moment, 'If I see it. He'll see it. If I lie, maybe I wont get my reward? Ack! Man, this sucks!' nodding he would find it within himself to again call out, "Kenutsu-sama! I made an awkward cut! I didnt wanna lie to you, but the rest are nice, I only messed up on one...", 'Or two...' he shook his head and prepared for the worst.

WC = 1602/2000

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This time Kentsu appeared from under the table, how he got there no one but he would ever know. He snaked past the table, looking over to the melon. For what probably felt like forever he stared down the melon which had just been cut by Sushi. He said nothing.. just analyzing. "It is good you told me, had you not I would've had to kill you. But mistakes happen. EXCEPT YOU ARE A SHINOBI DO YOU THINK THAT EXCUSE WOULD WORK IF YOU WERE IN THE FIELD? IMAGINE IF YOU WERE FIGHTING AND YOU MISSED BY ONE AND A HALF INCHES.. DO YOU THINK YOUR COMMANDER WOULD BE OKAY WITH THAT?" the man pinched the bridge of his nose before walking back to the front of the restaurant as he did plenty of times at this point.

Mean? Mental Issues? Definitely, but the man obviously had skill as a shinobi. Being able to snake around like he did, cut with such accuracy it was only the most talented of shinobi could do. Too bad it came in such a bad wrapped shell, in some world maybe he would've been able to perform as a pretty good sensei. But he could barely run a fruit store, despite his skills in cutting them. However Sushi still had finish the job, he was right there were little excuses in the shinobi world, a failed mission was a failed mission. Cutting fruit was probably the most positive mission you could fail, hopefully he would never find out but in the future he may fail missions with much greater consequences than some spilled juice.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Jumping back as the man seemingly appeared from nowhere, Sushi would shake his head. This was an interesting man! He would learn alot on this day. IT even caused him to begin refining his own skills and concepts in his head. He'd read about stealth fighters. Knowing that they were some of the most practical shinobi around and it wouldnt matter much to surmise that thought. He was someone that was profound with the ways of the shinobi. He even gave him the crack about 'If you hadnt told me... I'd have to kill you.' a line that Sushi had heard before, but only in making fun of friends on were keeping secrets. He was truly aware now... this would be something that he would have to get done and fast. So now he would twirl the knife in his hand, taking what Kenutsu said and running with it.

"Right! I cant be the best shinobi and I'm slacking here!", he'd clench down and with relative ease but alittle more increased speed than the last time he would slice down into the new melon almost in one of those weird slap chop ways. He knew this was going to be it. He was certain he'd cut with such precision that his mastery would not be able to be untold! And the angels would sing from the heavens their hallelujahs! The light of his perfection would vanquish the demons around him and he would stand amongst the crowd holding up a plate of melons with lightning shooting from his opposing fingertips! MUAHAHAHA!! Then again he would look down and see... No imperfections that he caught... but maybe the man would see something he didnt see!

"Kenutsu-sama!! I think I did it this time!", nodding as he looked down in all of his splendor! He knew this would be it! This was the perfection that The small scary man wanted! This would be the first steps to his glory! Though he didnt know, the man had a keen eye for imperfections. He was slick with the wrist and he was a former shinobi. He was sure he'd messed up along the way... but how could one not become the best without falling short to expectations! one would have to build upon expectations and meet them over time. However, one could not fail in the eyes of the beholder! Was this fluff? You are damn right this is fluff! But one could bet on it that the word count was met at this time!

[WC = 2023/2000]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Once again the man entered the room somehow, this time accompanied by a smokescreen. "FRUIT STYLE: SMOKE SCREEN!" After his dynamic enterance he looked at the fruit and shook his head. "If this was battle the tenth one would've killed you, but this is satisfactory.. for now. As you grow older you'll obtain a new level of mastery over all things. Fruit cutting included, now what is your name I will need to say that they sent me a great student to help me out." He said offering the slightest amount of praise the man could possibly muster. "You're free to go, I'll set up the rest of it for the opening."

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It didnt take long but it was all over now... At last, he had gotten the praise from the man, "You're not all that bad, Mr Kenutsu-sir.", nodding he would huff and look around at his work but at the very least it was good for a kid on his level, "My name is Minamoto Suyashi, The one true Lightning Ki-... Erm. Prince.", nodding he would bow his head lowly before trotting off outside for a job well done. It was the best test for himself to continually try to out do what he'd done before. Maybe it was a chance that he would get in the future to come back here and show the man how much he'd grown. One thing was for sure, a man that cared this much about his fruits, was a man that cared about his customers. And he would most definitely bring his mother here to dine. Especially to meet the man that had taught him so much in a short amount of time.

[Topic Left]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Mr. Kenutsu spent the rest of the evening preparing for his eventual opening. With the assistance of Suyashi he was actually able to get everything done on time. In the end all of his antics was mostly a joke, he found messing with the young ones was very fun. He really did enjoy the help he was provided and it made the rest of the night go smoothly. Hopefully the Ichigo Shop would become a fan favorite among the villagers.

Mission Complete!

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back