Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

In Deep, With the Nobles.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Good Lords and Ladies,

I humbly invite you to an afternoon of paintings, drink, and feast at my the Akamichi Estate. I would be most insulted if you brought something other than yourself. I will supply everything, except the guest. That is what I entrust you to do. Attendance is sharp 1:30pm with empty stomach. Ah. I have erred. I trust you to bring yourself an empty stomach.

Yours most honourably and splendidly,

Lord Akamichi Nobu.

The Akamichi Estate was one of the grander homesteads in Sungakure. Such was to be expected of one of the most wealthy bankers. Nobu's wealth was ... almost comparable to that of a Soon's Merchant Lord. The two were worlds apart, but at the very least it was comparable. Upon entry, the gates would open and one would find a large built man of an older age. This was the aforementioned Lord Nobu. The man was larger than life. His laughter was booming. The man stood at least two feet higher than others. He was indeed the life of the party. He was well dressed in a deep green four piece suit. His hair slicked back, his eyebrows were perfectly. curled. "So I said to the man, well then... may I take your order?" A chorus of laughter came from what seemed like a joke. Nobu had a snifter glass in his hand, which to most people would have been considered a wine glass to others. Nobu drunk from the glass. He would then pull out a napkin and he would wipe his mouth. Standing next to Nobu was the Lord Steward. Sousuke was wearing armour, but it was far more ceremonial armour. It had detailing to it that curled and had like a vine like quality to it. "Now Lord Steward, I hope the young blood will be arriving shortly. We need to liven this party up. I've heard you have been making appointments lately. This is the first appointment you've made in ... well ... ever! I am looking forward to meeting these appointments. Yes, indeed." Sousuke would make a hand gesture which seemed to cause Nobu to erupt in laughter The noble's large hand clasped the shoulder of the Steward. "Marvelous. Indeed."

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
What a busy day this had turned out to be! With the upcoming event he and Kasen were to attend there were a few important errands to attend to. Firstly, and probably the most important, he needed to address his attire.Truthfully Kaen had no reason to own anything "nice" until now. The Anbu wasn't exactly about dressing up, and outside of the Anbu he was just a regular shinobi leveled guy. He had a few favorite outfits like like the rest of everyone, but nothing that would aspire towards anything that this Nobu might prefer. Kaen knew next to nothing when it came to nobility and the likes, he could only hope he hadn't gone overboard with the outfit he had made for this day.

Secondly it was his hair. Again, no reason to clean up or style it in any special way. He just didn't see the point and so he just let it do whatever it naturally wanted and removed length as needed. He couldn't quite remember the last time he had it "short" so it would be quite the change, not even Kasen knew about his arrangements. She was probably too busy dealing with her own list of to-dos. First impressions were important in most cases, and so if anything that Sousuke had mentioned about Lord Nobu were true Kaen would be putting his best foot forward on this endeavor.

Shortly after all of this had transpired Kaen would find his way home, or at least his current one. Sousuke was still preparing a place for him in the way of an estate, so for the time being he stayed at his old house in the residential district. Kasen used to live here, and she visits often, but she prefers to stay at that beach front house in lieu of the village life. He understood though, her being her it was no surprise she preferred something next to the ocean. Honestly he wasn't sure if she'd even stay in the estate. She'd "live" there, but probably end up sneaking off to a secret beach front getaway. Anyway, as Kaen approached his home he would check the mail as he did any other day. Riffling through it he would find one from Teke. Moving that to his pocket he would continue to go through the rest of the mail as he went through his front door.

Having seen enough of the boring stuff he would toss the other mail onto a small table next to the door before continuing into the kitchen. Taking a glass from the cupboard he would turn the lever on the sink and fill it with water. Placing it on the counter he would remove the letter from his pocket and open it. With the letter opened in one hand he would take up the glass with his other and take a small sip before beginning to read;

The Response said:
Kaen,

I would be honored to join you for the event. I haven't been able to do such things with my new body since I discovered things like alcohol and how much I enjoy it. It would probably be best if we met there, I get the feeling I'll be in that direction on that date anyway. Dressing up all fancy sounds like a good time too! I don't often get the chance to do that.

Sincerely,

Teke x

Finishing off the glass of water after reading the reply he would place the cup on the counter and examine the letter. Kaen re-read the letter scratching his head as he did so. For the most part it was pretty simple and too the point, but the mentioning of a new body perplexed him. The last time he saw her was during their last mission before he got shot. Secondly two things stood out in particular, the excitement over alcohol and the single x at the end. What this some sort of hidden meaning behind this? I suppose there was only really one way to tell and that was to simply wait for the day to come and see where the day took him.

Later upon the day of the event...

"Where the hell is that stupid belt..." A frustrated Kaen rummaged through his room searching for the silver belt that would be going together with the suit of sorts for Nobu's event. Tossing items over his should he dug through a small pile of junk in the corner of his house. He usually wasn't this messy but with everything going on he just shirked it off. "Fine! You win!" Throwing his hands up in the air Kaen finally conceded defeat and decided the only course of action now was to just clean up the room. He was sure it was in here, the rest of his suit was so where was it?

After an undisclosed amount of time Kaen had finished cleaning up his room. Despite his best efforts he still failed to locate the belt. This seriously couldn't be happening right now, right? Fed up with the sight of his room and the lack of belts he quickly exited his room and into the bathroom. Might as well make sure his reflection was up to snuff. Eyeing and gazing upon the beauty that was himself a slight gleam would catch his eye. In the reflection of the mirror he spotted the missing belt. Unsure of how exactly it managed to find its way from the bedroom to bathroom was an enigma of its own caliber. With a huff he snatched the belt and hurried off back to his room to get dressed and ready for later that day.

Later that day...

As he approached the immaculate estate belonging to Lord Nobu Kaen could only wonder just how rich this guy was. It wasn't easy to do but Kaen was a little impressed. It wasn't easy to acquire wealth of this degree without some sort of hard work or intellect. Letting the thought pass by he remembered that Teke would be arriving sepereately, as was Kasen. It would only be the gentleman thing to do to wait for them. Additionally he wasn't about to be outnumbered by both Lord Nobu and Lord Sousuke. He wasn't a man of many words, he needed a pretty buffer in the way of his sister or Teke to ease the tension. Kaen pondered about this new body Teke would possess, would she look the same, sound the same? Likewise he wondered just how Kasen would arrive. He had never seen her in anything fancy, it would be a treat for him on all accounts. And so the crimson addition to Sousuke's banner would wait patiently, any time they should arrive. Any time...

[OOC MFT]

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kimono Ozy.jpg

Harupia smiled to himself, watching his parents mingle with some of their friends as he took a sip of the wine offered. It has been...a while since he's been at a party like this. When he was younger he used to spend quite a bit of time in such functions, both along with his parents and later on his own...though there was a definite difference in the atmosphere in the parties he had attended on his own... and usually he felt a lot worse in the morning.

Not that he didn't enjoy more formal gatherings, it was always a good chance to mingle and get to know some people he probably never would have been encountered on his own. And there was a chance to meet some of his friends, most likely Sosuke. He smiled a bit to himself... for the last few years, his friend might have enjoyed himself more in public than he had. It was good to see him open up more... the fact Harupia isolated himself for a while probably helped. Work as an Oracle was something that he needed tog et used to, and he had his own knowledge to seek.

There was also a bit of fear in his mind ever since his change...something he could still feel today, flexing his hand gently as he set the wine glass down. But As he received the invitation from Lord Nobu, he couldn't help himself. The Akamichi businessmen were always known as a gentleman of fine tastes and humor. And he did honestly feel he could use this moment to relax a bit, especially since he heard a lot of notable Sunans were gathering.

He came to the party with a delegation of fellow Sunans, joining his parents at first. He was dressed quite sharply, a black Kimono with white accents along with a white clock, a symbolic representation of the one he wore when traveling the dunes, as well as some gold jewelry. He did spend some time with his family, but after seeing Lord Nobu joined with his friend it seemed like a good moment to starting mingling on his own. With a new full glass, he approaches the giant man and his armored companion, bowing slightly "Lord Nobu, Lord Takahashi, good to see you two in good spirits. I'm sure you've heard this a 100 times by now but sincerely, thank you for the invitation" he spoke turning towards the blonde host "Even in these troubled times we need to find some time to relax...I have to say, friend, you look quite distinguished tonight" he finished, turning towards Sousuke.

Mft

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Having only just heard some days ago from her brother of the arrangement that had been made between himself and Sousuke, Kasen couldn't help but stare at the piece of fancy parchment that she held between her hands. Her cerulean colored eyes scanned the invitation for that seemed like the thousandth time. Apparently, there was to be some sort of party for the nobles. Noble. Kasen shook her head at the word. She was just Kasen. Kaen seemed to be over the moon about the title and readily accepted it. Kasen on the other hand, seemed hesitant. She wasn't ungrateful, per say, but it was never a role she had anticipated she would have. Kasen's eyes narrowed slightly and she started to crumple the invitation into a ball in her hands. "Ugh, why does this have to be so complicated." Kasen threw the paper on the floor of her beach house and started to pace. The blue haired woman sat on her sofa contemplating what she should do. She couldn't just not attend. Despite whether or not she was prepared to accept such a dignitary role, it had been granted to her family. She also knew that Kaen was over the moon, and it would absolutely crush her to disappoint her brother again after all these years. Kasen ran a hand through her hair. "But what would I even wear?!?" Standing up, Kasen walked down the only hallway in her room and stopped in front of her door. She turned to the side, peering into what used to be Kaen's room. Kaen had since moved out, preparing to move into the estate that was being granted to them. He also had another place inside the village she was sure he was planning to vacate shortly once the lodgings were made available. Inside his room, only a few things still remained.

Trying not to dwell on the drastic shift in circumstances, Kasen entered her room and headed for her closet. She never bought formal attire. Most of her clothing was for comfort or for work. Kasen started routing through her closet, pulling out articles of clothing in search of the right attire. "Stupid, Ugly, Out of Date....this is ridiculous. If I can't find something nice to wear, then I'm not going." Formal clothing always had so many layers after all and she lived on the beach. It was quite the opposite of the attire that was required for a beach goer. Shaking her head, Kasen sighed. "I guess I'll need to buy something." Kasen gathered up some money and was about to head into town to shop to look for some clothes when she noticed three large white boxes sitting on her bed. She raised an eyebrow. Those weren't there the other day and she didn't have any guests that she knew of. She made her way over and opened the three boxes, noticing three different outfits for her to potentially wear. They were all so...frilly. Kasen visibly blanched at them and picked up the fabric. Even the feel of them was expensive. Giving another sigh, Kasen began trying them on and reviewing them in the mirror. "Oooo..." Kasen tried the first dress on, which was surprisingly more comfortable than she thought it would be. She still wanted to try the other ones though. "Ahhh..." The second was equally impressive, but not something she still necessarily liked. The third looked promising though. "Mmmm..." Kasen continued to stare at this one. She still just wasn't feeling any of these clothes, as nice as they were. It was nice for someone to supply them after all."That's it. I'm not going." Kasen swiftly removed the last article of clothing and returned them all neatly to their boxes and replacing them with some of ther usual clothing.

It was at this moment that Same decided to butt in. You humans have such strange formalities and behaviors. So much unspoken requirements and mannerisms. But, there is one thing that I do understand and it is the concept of rank. You have been gifted an elevation in rank, which in my Kingdom was a significant honor. You are going to go. It seemed that even Same was against her in this. Kasen huffed. "Fine, but I'm not doing this alone." Hurrying over to her desk, Kasen pulled out 2 pieces of parchment. It was not nearly as fancy as the invitation that was sent to her, but it would do all the same. She wrote 2 invitations, but they were addressed to different parties. Perhaps they had been invited as well, but just in case she wanted to make sure that she had some moral support in this endeavor.

Kazu's Invitation said:
Kazu,

It seems that I have been invited to a party at Lord Nobu's estate. I find myself treading in unfamiliar waters, no pun intended. If you would do me the honor, I would love to have the company of my nephew present. The event does call for some sort of formal attire, but nothing else is required. The event starts at 1:30pm today. I hope to see you there.

Love,
Auntie Kasen.

Riyota's Invitation said:
My love,

I find myself at a bit of a loss today. I have been invited to a party at Lord Nobu's estate, but I am unusually anxious. I would love to have your support for this event, if you are available. I know that you have found yourself increasingly busy as well, and as such, I understand if you cannot make it. I have asked Kazu to accompany me as well, so do not worry if you are unable to attend. Honestly, I'm just trying to avoid feeling like a fish out of water. Again, pun not intended, but I just keep writing them. Anyway, before this becomes too lengthy and I talk myself out of it again, I do hope to see your handsome smiling face beside me. Try to wear something formal, although I'm not to thrilled about that myself. Who knows, perhaps you'll get that opportunity to finally pants the Kazekage. Wouldn't that just be scandalous?

Love,
Your Kasen

P.S. Same is also excited to see your new battle scars.

Kasen laughed at the last part and quickly sealed the letters. She sent off the letters with two of her otters. They were quite helpful to the aquatic user, since most of her associated contacts were impeded by the land. The otters happily took the letters in their mouths and ran in the direction of the homes of Kazu and Riyota. Now, Kasen just needed to prepare herself. Kasen picked up the first dress, having liked it at least slightly better than the other two. She still felt incredibly out of her element. It would have to do. Perhaps at a later date she wo
mmoadocf5sq11.jpg
uld get something that felt more like she would wear it, but at least this met the dress code, and she would hate to offend whomever sent it to her.

At Lord Nobu's estate....

As the estate drew upon Kasen, an anxious fear was settling into her. She had to admit, something about aristocracy scared her. She had never met anyone of noble status that had been rude or unkind to her, quite the opposite in fact, but she came from a common background. Would she act like she should? Sound like she should. There was so much pressure. Kasen had to reign in her anxiety though, lest she spread it onto others, and that just wouldn't do. Kasen lightly felt the fabric of the large dress she was in. At least the blues complimented her eyes and her hair and the azure flowers smelled nice. She could have done without the dark blue frills, but she imagined that since all of them contained them, it must be a common practice. Her shoes were a pair of translucent crystalline heels, which felt uncomfortable, but did overall look nice. Sapphire earrings hung from her ears and a pendent of a tear drop shaped lapis hung around her neck. Finally, as Kasen drew closer to the building, she caught site of someone standing there. It was a man dressed to the nines with short red hair. Kasen waved to the man, trying to draw his attention. "Excuse me, I'm here for the..." Kasen stopped in her tracks when she finally stopped to assess the man she was calling out to. It was Kaen. Kasen had never seen him dressed in such a way, nor with his hair cut that short, but his face was something that was always recognizable to her. It suited him very well and she could see why he was going to be able to adapt to this type of lifestyle very well. He carried himself with a new sense of pride and radiated an energy she had never seen before. Upon seeing him, she knew she had made the right decision. Even if she still did not feel quite so relaxed, it made her happy to know he was. Kasen made her way over and stood beside him. She gave him a soft smile. "You look dashing. If I didn't know any better, I would swear someone had replaced my brother. Perhaps I should fight you just to make sure." Kasen gave him a playful wink. Now, to see if Kazu or Riyota come before they were required to proceed inside. She imagined if they stood out here for too long someone was going to come searching for them, which would not make a good impression.

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was an odd thing. None of the other guests had made such a request as the man that walked slowly behind the attending servant of Lord Nobu's but when this man and his two followers had made the request it had seemed difficult to deny that he should deserve it. The servant had never seen the man nor had he ever seen either of the two that strode in the man's wake and that was saying something. Nobu was a highly successful banker in the land of Wind and his estate was often host to a veritable who's-who of Wind Country notable persona. Even tonight the Steward of Sunagakure and many of their high ranking shinobi-- to say nothing of members of their noble families --were in attendance of the afternoon into evening gala. At first when the man had arrived at the door and given the instruction for the servant to see them inside and announce their arrival he'd balked at the request but there was just... something about his manner that made him so convincing.

Just over six feet in height, the man carried himself with the unmistakable air of royalty. Short-to-medium raven black hair was combed backwards revealing a high widow's peak and almost femininely delicate facial features. Matching his hair, the man was clad from head to toe in a suit of the darkest shade of black with a long deep forest green overcoat over it that was trimmed with the white fur of some manner of beast or another. In contrast to the other three in the hall his steps were utterly silent even though he strode with the purpose and authority of a man born to nobility and power as his long coat that draped around his shoulders fluttered softly-- and eerily enough also silently --behind him as he walked.

To his right and just behind his step was a shorter man with an expression that exuded frustration. He clearly was not interested in being dragged along to attend this social event and had dressed accordingly to show his disregard. He too had black hair though his was closer to the shade of burnt ashes with shades of gray throughout and he wore his extremely long, styled into a lengthy braid that dangled behind him as he walked. With no article of clothing upon his upper body, he showed a long scarred patch of skin that began on the left side of his face and ran down his neck to his shoulder where the pale tone of his skin gave way to what could only be described as chitinous armor which sprouted from the surface his very skin. Between plates of carapace flexed bright red cords of muscle that had a slick sheen to them even though they did not drip or ooze as he moved.

The second of the noble man's entourage was a woman that was around the same height as the noble himself. Like him she too wore a coat around her shoulders and a cap upon her head that gave the vague sense of a military uniform though from no organized military force that hailed from Wind Country or even one local to the that territory. She wore her bubblegum pink hair long like the man that sulked beside her but she simply wore it down and let it flutter with her coat as she walked. Unlike the other two members of the group who were solely focused on the way forward, her eyes darted from artistic piece to expensive heirloom as they walked, taking in the surroundings of the noble house as they moved with an expression that distantly resembled a lazy boredom making it appear as though she too was disinterested in this event though she wore her disdain less plainly than her compatriot.

For his part the noble man wore no expression that betrayed his mental state. A mask of inscrutability obfuscated any thoughts that might be going through his mind as they walked-- the burning molten gold of his eyes pointed straight ahead without any regard to the wealth or extravagance of their surroundings. It was only a short walk from the foyer of the house to the main hall where the event was behind held and the quartet stopped briefly before the large doors of the hall as two other servants which were manning the doors shared a brief look of confusion between them before the one which had come leading the newly arrived guests silenced brought them in line by clearing his throat with a glare. Remembering themselves at once, the two servants pushed the door open to the gala hall and the one which had been leading the group stepped forward, clearing his throat once more before announcing:

"Announcing... Lord Mikaboshi and the Deep Court."​

His task done, the servant took a bow and disappeared behind the now closing double doors as Mikaboshi turned to the two members of the Deep Court which he had brought with him.

"Play nicely. Harm no one unless they initiate it." He whispered, his voice like a command to the pink-haired woman though the man with the long braid seemed less interested in the Ancient Lord's words. "Do not give them a reason to initiate, either. Now go."

For those that knew him, such an entrance was immediately out of character for Mikaboshi. It was uncommon that he would ever enter a room quite so conspicuously and showed a surprising amount of transparency for a creature who's predilection for deception was the subject of campfire fables in Wind Country. There was no attempt at subterfuge or skullduggery which was immediately obvious which would likely make anyone familiar with him wonder what it was that he was up to.

After all, was Mikaboshi ever not up to something?

Teke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Ahh, the joys of an older, more developed body. Teke had been talking about it for a while though through work and some laziness she hadn't truly been shopping for clothes since she had outgrown all but a diminutive amount of her old clothes. Now here she was, stood in her room which was decorated head to toe with clothes, a small clearing around her vanity where she was modeling for herself to see what she wanted to wear. The occasion called for something formal which thankfully cut this decision down to about one-third of the clothes sprawled throughout the rather spacious room.

"Too... gaudy. Why did I think green was my colour? uugh!"

She complained to herself as she quickly wriggled back out of the backless gown and tossed it aside into a rather sizable pile of "rejects". Not that these clothes were bad by any means, given the money she'd paid for the several dozens of outfits but tonight was to be special for many, many reasons. She needed to look presentable, like an actual noble lady should if for no other reason than to actually not make Sousuke look bad in front of whatever important people will be there. No the fun of the night would be derived from knowing he'll have to be a little restrained as she has her fun, mean? sure but funny to her none the less. This went for Kaen too but his part in the antics was much less thought out, after all, what did Teke know about flirting with someone really? Even if it was supposed to be for jokes. She sighed loudly and checked the time and hung her head.
DhbyTsK.png

"Thirty minutes and I haven't even picked a dress, done my make-up or done my hair... Why is this so hard!" She yelled loudly at her reflection in the vanity mirror.

If there was ever a time to buck up her idea it was now, she moved swiftly in dissecting the remaining pile of clothes and looking them over, at this point she knew being late was inevitable but just how late could at least be somewhat controlled. With a speed never reached by a woman getting ready to go out she managed to pick out one of the many dresses as "the one" and quickly sorted out her face and hair. Thankfully Teke wasn't experienced enough with Make-up to do much beyond the foundation, lipstick, and mascara and her hair, well it would be the first time in a long while she would wear it down, having had it tied up for years now she was eager to experiment with its natural curliness and soon enough she was out of the door, having never walked in heels she figured that running would be almost suicidal.

"Well, it isn't all that far..." She muttered to herself as she called for one of the Sandrunners. "Hopefully gramps won't mind me borrowing one of these guys." She said as she mounted it, elegantly as the floor-length gown would allow.

Swiftly the large, feathered bird galloped through the streets, careful to not pick up to much speed because Teke didn't her hair blown all over the place but the beast was well trained even for a novice rider like her. Eventually, she would be able to see the estate and spotted what she believed to be Kaen in the distance, all that red so who else could it be? Next to him was a female though which she found a little unsettling though beyond that she had no idea at this distance. At this point, the girl would hop down from the large bird and pet the side of its neck with a smile.

"Run on home now, I don't want to hear about no funny business!"

She said jokingly as she gave it a final pet and sent it on its way, fixing her gown quickly and striding toward what she believed to be Kaen and the mystery woman in blue. As she sauntered up to them she would raise an arm and wave, her mechanical arm hidden for the moment beneath the long, yellow gloves that ended at the top of her biceps.

"Kaen! Sorry, I'm a tad late, getting ready is surprisingly more difficult than advertised." She chuckled.

She would come up to his empty side and pose for a moment, showing off her gown. It was made from light yellow silk but had some golden thread woven through it that sparkled when the light hit it just right, like little sparks dancing across the dress which was fitting for the person wearing it. Even compared to when he last Saw Teke in her current state, she was still very much passing herself off like the younger version of herself so this would be quite a big change for both him and Kasen who, even if Teke didn't quite recall at first, had met the woman some time ago, when she first got into the academy in fact. She would give the blue-clad female a look over with squinted eyes.

"Wait... We've met right?" The cogs slowly started to fall into place in her mind. "Wait this is your... WOW, I'm kinda relieved!" She said with a laugh of realization. "I thought I was going to have some competition." Teke grinned. "I'm Teke, remember?" She asked the girl.

She next took a few moments to look over Kaen, he hadn't exactly changed quite as drastically as she had but seeing him out of uniform was interesting and made her wonder if this was his normal type of attire since he rather suited it, she quite liked the new look with his hair too.

"Out of uniform you actually scrub up pretty good." She said with a light elbow to his side. "You trying to impress someone tonight?" She teased and giggled.

Last edited:

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
This was a pain, all of it was a pain. It was the very thing he dreaded the most, the mere formality of importance. Who cared what you wore, how you wore it or who you wore it around. Clothing should merely serve a tactical purpose, either comfort, decency or protection. The need, or the request that such social settings seemed to come with, to dress up outside of your normal attire just because of some formality, well it always felt fake to him. He was not a fan. It wasn't new to him, either, as he had been groomed to lead the clan and had spent evenings attending his family to nobilities fueled romps in Sora. Still, even have experience with it did not make it any more comfortable. This was fake, a charade, make-believe. His focus was on the conflict he now found his new home embroiled in, but that would never serve as an excuse enough to get Sousuke to forgive him for missing such an event.

The Steward was a good man, but a doting father figure just as much as anything else, and he could not bring himself to break that man's more than likely metallic heart. So he found himself at this shindig, dressed in a white suit, with a red undershirt and black tie. Draped over his shoulders would be a black cloak with gold trimming, with the insignia of Sunagakure no Sato woven in gold upon the back of the accompanying item, providing his only bit of "peacocking" for this soiree. Based on the attendants that had frequented his room in the tower recently to try and outfit him, he assumed that this was not going to be deemed dressy enough. He cared very little. He believed his ability to make the first impression had nothing to do with what he was wearing and more of what he had to say.

"I could use a hat..." he would mumble to himself.

He would watch as people entered, keeping himself at a bit of a distance. Part of him felt like he could simply remain outside and just be forgotten about so he could go off and do something else, maybe attend one of the nightlife attractions of the village. Then his eyes would catch sight of three figures that would enter together, as the leader of the group would get announced as entering the party. A smirk would come over his face as his fists would tighten releasing pockets of air within his knuckles, creating a series of pops.

"Well, that looks fun..."

Who the hell is that person? He makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

"Hey there, would it be possible for me to get that same treatment?"

The man would brush off the request for a moment until taking a second look at who was making it. It was still an adjustment going from Sunahoshi Katsuo to Raizo, but the attendant would quickly realize who was standing next to him with a smirk upon his face, standing roughly the same height as the figure who had entered before him, Mikaboshi.

"Oh... of course... *uhm*... Announcing the Juuichidaime Kazekage, Ryuzaki Raizo."

And like that, the man who had wanted to stay removed from this sort of thing, found himself launching headfirst into it, but for an ulterior motive. His Ryuzaki blood, the blood of Legatus, would be calling for him to take action.

Something about that guy... I really think I want to punch him. What a fun night this will be...

Could one smirk in their own mind? He would definitely be mind smirking to his internal monologue.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Pang! Pang! Pang! Click...Ksssh
A few beads of sweat dripped down Riyota's face as he finally cooled off his prosthetic arm, a few pieces having had broken in his most recent raid. Repair work wasn't easy with just one arm, but he managed in the end. The black steel limb was back in full working order. Slowly and carefully, he reattached the arm, the severed stump always serving as a painful reminder of the man he used to be. He sat down in the forge and rested his head against the wall, it felt like it had been an eternity since he had slept.

He felt an occasional pressure, something nudging against his arm softly, bringing his mind back into an awakened state. Blinking and bleary-eyed he looked down to see a small otter gently pawing at his arm, a letter held firmly in its mouth. "You're one of Kasen's aren't you?" He asked, slightly hoarse as he plucked the letter from the creature's mouth, giving it a small scritch behind the ears. Wiping the sand from his eyes he yawned and read it over. His wife-to-be was clearly dreading some sort of social event and wanted him to come with. Was she allowed to invite other people? Especially a commoner? Who could say really?

He sighed and shook his head. "Formal wear? Kasen you've been to my house before you know full well I don't own anything formal..." He chuckled. His beloved seemed to have some odd expectations for his powers of improvisation. He got to his feet, fancy or not his fiancee needed his help, and he'd be damned if he wasn't going to be there for her. At the very least he could bathe himself, get cleaned up for this party of the upper class.

One quick bath later and he was smelling fresh as roses and his usually matted hair was soft and smooth once more. He towelled off before hearing a knock at his door. "Just a moment!" He called, expecting it to be one of the serving girls asking for the tenth time if his chambers needed cleaning. He wrapped the towel tightly around his waist and went to open the door. His eyes fell upon a young lady holding something long and wrapped in brown paper. "D-delivery for you, Lord Riyota." He looked at her, confused for a moment before taking the item from her hands. "Not a Lord remember, just Riyota, I'm clan head, nothing more." He reminded her, and she nodded and stammered her apologies. "Who's this from?" He asked and she shook her head. "I don't know my Lo-...er...Riyota. The note just said 'I know you're going to need this...'" She explained. He looked at her, even more confused, and shrugged, "Thank you, that'll be all." He dismissed her with a small smile, shutting the door behind himself.

A small while later he had unwrapped the mysterious package and found a complete formal outfit. "Oh you've got to be kidding me..." He scoffed, looking at the overblown fancifulness of it. To him it looked like something his father Nishiro used to wear. It seemed to exude that very noble 'I'm better than you' aura.

He seriously considered throwing the garments in the bin at the first available opportunity, but when he thought about it the last thing he wanted to do was embarrass Kasen. So, swallowing his pride, he removed the towel and began to adorn himself in the outfit gifted to him.

Riyota Formal.jpg

"I feel ridiculous" Riyota explained to the curious otter currently hitching a ride on his shoulder. The outfit had been just as unnecessarily fancy as he suspected. Creepily enough, it was tailored to his exact measurements and even came with an expensive reinforced silk weave eyepatch to cover up his deformity. Very faux pas to have a missing eye on display in rich company. The suit itself was brown over a mauve waistcoat and white shirt, with a purple cravat to up the poshness. Perfectly fitted brown trousers and shiny black shoes finished the look. Accessorising with some black gloves, useful to cover up his metal prosthetic. The only part of the outfit Riyota felt satisfied with was the cane, an extra accessory that he could've left behind but it made him feel at home because it was concealing a blade. So at least there was something fun about his attire. "I look stupid, I'm going home." He announced only for his otter companion to bite down hard on his ear. "Agh! You little- fine...fine...Kasen's gonna laugh." He sighed, making his way to the specified address as the skin on his ear repaired itself.

Eventually, he arrived, he could see a few people standing out by the gate. He could certainly recognise one of them, similarly, in clothes they felt uncomfortable in. His beautiful future wife. Looking just as beautiful in her ruffly dress as she did ordinarily. He closed his eye and sighed deeply. Approaching the group. He stood behind Kasen until their conversation slowed. He cleared his throat and leaned in close to her ear. "Before you turn around, I would ask that you get all the laughter out of your system." He said with a smirk.

MFT
[Let's get this party started]

Last edited:

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
”Four hundred ninety five…four hundred ninety six…four…hun…dred…ninety…seeeeee—AGH!“ It was too much. Kazu’s whole torso felt on fire; his arms felt torn to shreds. Sweat beaded along his forehead and neck, slid down along the edge of his nose, and dripped off onto the hard-packed sandstone floor beneath him to join the small pool forming. His breath came in labored fits as he struggled to push his body further than it desired, yet in this battle of mind over matter the latter seemed to win over. From his upright pushup position, arms buckling underneath the steady strain of gravity and his own body weight, Kazu crashed to the floor.

For a moment he simply laid there with his head buried into the ground, catching his breath. His head swam with exhaustion and the ecstasy of exertion, until—for but a moment—he could no longer tell that he still inhabited a physical form. He simply…was. There were no thoughts, no attachements, and no feelings. He was floating. He was…

Suddenly, something poked the crown of his head. ’Huh?’ Just like he’d crashed into the floor, the young boy suddenly crashed back to Earth Ninpocho, and pulled his face up from the floor. Greeted by the peculiar sight of some sort of weird hairy snake creature, Kazu simply stared at it for a moment as it stared at him.

”Uhm…hello?” The creature cocked its head to one side, regarding the strange boy laying on the floor. ’Does…does it want food?’ ”I don’t have anything for you, okay? So…go on then…” Blinking, the creature brought its face a little closer to Kazu’s…and dropped a small piece of paper that the boy hadn’t noticed a moment ago. It seemed rather amused with Kazu’s behavior, and curled up to wait for this “strange human” to read the message. ’What a weird creature!’

Pulling himself into a seated position, Kazu unfurled the tiny scroll to read its contents. ’Who’s Lord Nobu?’ Kazu was pleased to hear from his adopted Aunt Kasen, who he didn’t get much of a chance to spend time with due to her many responsibilities as a Med-Nin. However, reading the message once more to make sure he didn’t miss anything, he realized there were a couple little snags here and there…

”Formal attire? 1:30? Today? Glancing up above him, he realized the sun was nearly at its peak — it was almost noon! ”Oh Legatus, I don’t have anything to wear!” Jumping to his feet so fast he startled the hairy snake creature, Kazu found himself reunited with the racing thoughts he had just let go of moments before. ”Come on, little guy, we’ve got to get going!” Kazu didn’t even pause to see if the odd creature was following him or not — he had some shopping and changing to do!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

’Oh no, I’m late! Auntie Kasen is going to kill me!’ Kazu always did his best to be on time, for any sort of event, but this time he had had little control over the matter. ’I’m lucky that tailor even had anything that would fit me!’ Worrying aside, Kazu had actually managed to luck out quite a bit — he was actually quite pleased with what he’d been able to put together, and on such short notice!

The main piece to his outfit was a bright red blazer, with golden-worked bands around the wrists and matching golden buttons, which made his crimson red eyes pop, magnificently. Underneath was a white collared shirt, with a matching red tie, and a pair of light grey pants to compliment the color scheme. He had even managed to accessorize properly to suit the outfit: a white flat cap, with gold worked around the bottom edge and a slight brim, sat atop his short charcoal black hair, which stood out quite nicely in contrast, and a pair of white formal shoes completed the look. The boy’s toothy grin, which exuded confidence and pleasure, was the final cherry on top.

Kazu bounded down the streets with the furry snake creature close on his heels, trying not to run so much as to ruin his outfit with sweat, anxious to locate where this ‘Lord Nobu’ kept his estate. Kazu had never been to a fancy party before, even though he’d wanted to go whenever his father, Ryuzaki Ryohei, had mentioned one was to be occurring. Enishi and Raizo had always been able to go, but never Kazu. ’This time, I’ll finally get to see what it’s like! If I can ever find where it is!’

Eventually, Kazu noticed a long stream of people heading in one, particular, direction. They all seemed to be wearing fancy clothes to rival — and in many cases, completely outclass — his own ensemble. ’What are the odds of there being two soirees on the same day, at the same time?’ Taking a chance, he followed the crowd towards a nearby house that was just as grand as to be expected. As he looked around, he was greeted by the sight of a small group of four mingling outside the door; of which, he recognized two of them, immediately.

”HEEEY! AUNTIE KASEN!” Kazu shouted out towards the group, waving his hands excitedly (and rather inappropriately for such an occasion) in order to get the group’s attention. As he approached the group, the furry snake bounded up from behind him towards its summoner, Kasen, having finally completed its task of getting the young Ryuzaki boy to the event. Kazu was right behind it, a smile on his face and a hop in his step.

”I am so excited! I’ve always wanted to go to one of these sorts of parties!” Turning to the other person he recognized — the red haired man standing next to Kasen — Kazu gave him a smile and a quizzical look. ”Kaen! Or…should it be Kaen-sensei? Thank you for those kunai — I meant to send you a thank you message back for them, but…I kind of got caught up with my training, and the village, and…yeah.” Realizing a little late that he probably shouldn’t be bringing up The Swarm at a social event meant to be relaxing and distracting, Kazu just kind of coughs and try to play it cool. ”So, how do you know Auntie Kasen? Did she invite you too?”

In between catching up, the young boy turns to the other two people he doesn’t really know — the golden haired girl, and the man with the eyepatch — and says simply: ”Hi, I’m Kazu! Nice to meet you!”

[ooc: Let's have some fun! Long post is long, but I'm here and ready mingle~]

Last edited:

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
At long last the young people had arrived. Nobu could not be more delighted. Nobu did not consider himself very old, not ancient by any stretch of imagination. A little unknown fact upon Nobu was that he went to people instead of people coming to him. He was a social butterfly that bounced about. The first to be interacted with was the newly appointed Lord Kaen. The bear of a man would go first to greet young Kaen. A large hand would come down upon Kaen’s shoulder. Nobu towered over the man, but much of that was due to his big boned structure … or his Akamichi heritage.“Ah Lord Kaen. I’m glad you made it. I have heard a most fascinating rumor about you from my little birds…” He would lean down to speak to Kaen, “My little birds tell me you’re courting Lord Sousuke’s daughter? Oho yes. Marvelous. I hope someday a grand narrative is written about your great romance winning dear lady’s heart and having to contend with our Steward. You must have made a stunning impression on him, so I don’t think he will mind the courtship at all. My daughter met Teke recently at her birthday party. I have not spoken much with young miss Teke myself, but Sakura had quite the impression on her.” Nobu would motion for a drink to come. ”Brandy? Or something stronger? I’ve had it imported. I can usually guage a man’s drink like Lord Sousuke can know their sizes, and I…” He spoke tapping Kaen on the shoulder, “I think you are a brandy man.” Nobu to most seemed like an old friend of the family, even if you barely knew him he would certainly have the effect on people.

Nobu made his rounds and while Nobu made his introduction to Kaen, Sousuke simply kept his distance and observed. Harupia was speaking with Sousuke while the observations were at work. Harupia made the remark of his distinguished armour. Sousuke would pull back on the hood. “I would have come in something with less flair, but Nobu is probably going to have us all together for paintings latter. He very much likes the idea of everyone in high garb to be looking at their best. Somewhere in Nobu’s household is that painting of my father, yours, and Kuro’s. It always … amused me slightly because compared to your father and Kaibudo, my dad looks like a small child. At least I didn’t inherit the trait of being vertically challenged. There’s something to be said about that… if I recall properly Kaibudo is sitting in a chair and then your father is behind him to the left, and my father is in the foreground to the right. We should go have a look at it later. Nobu has … at least another two or three paintings of me… he started inviting me to these sorts of parties since I was … first made Steward.”

As Nobu was speaking to Kaen, his sister would join the two. Nobu would take a bow. “Lady Kasen. You are indeed stunning. I now have the set, brother and sister. Oh my. What a grand painting the two of you shall be.” He would then taken Kasen by the hand and kiss it. The noble would actually have to lower himself down to one knee to do this as he was indeed a massive man. He would look back to Kaen. “Lord Kaen of the House Shinku, and Lady Kasen of the House Shinku. Respectfully first of their name. Ohoho. I am beside myself with the glory that is to come with this. I must know! Are you two twins? If so, who came first? Do you truly get into arguments about who is slightly older than who?”
Teke would join and Nobu would not fail the moment to speak with Sousuke’s ward. “Lady Teke. I trust this party will grant us a grand number of moments to be better introduced. Sakura spoke very highly of you. She said you were indeed a highlight of her birthday party.” Both Kazu and Riyota would spring unto the scene as well. Nobu would clap his hands. “The Ranger General himself. The eye patch! Oh. So bold. Such fashion. If enough of my friends see how good you look with that, I daresay there will be a new found trend in Sungakure due to you!” When Kazu exclaimed aunty Kasen, Nobu would give Kaen and Teke a devlish look. “Is he yours m’boy? Don’t worry Lord Sousuke is… was… probably still is a single parent too.” He would tap his nose and look to Teke. Nobu knew that such was not the case, but a little teasing could go a long way. Builds character.

Next came Mikaboshi. Uninvited, but it mattered little. Nobu would go to greet Sousuke’s former security enforcement. His company looked like they could use drink, especially the carapace one. “I like that colour on you. A little liquid courage perhaps?” Mikaboshi was tall, and taller than Lord Sousuke. It made Nobu feel a little better being that he wasn’t the only tall person here. He would turn and nod at the other member of his entourage… who was of equal height? “Lord Mikaboshi. I have not seen enough of you. That is entirely my fault.” Perhaps little did Nobu know, which was perhaps for the best, was the long and trying history the Ancient had with the Steward. Nobu’s nature was to make people feel welcomed, and he did this to a fault. “What can I get you to drink? Gold eyes. Mmm. You strike me of a man who likes something of a classic. Ah. Let me think… mead?”

While Nobu would grace Mikaboshi with his presence, Sousuke would be at the other end of the room with Harupia. The Steward’s eyes glowed red for a slight moment in contrast to their normal white. Mikaboshi had fallen off the grid for far too long, and while Mikaboshi was at ‘peace’ with Sungakure for the moment there was apprehension gnawing at the back of Sousuke’s mind. That apprehension did not cure itself as Raizo was the next person to be introduced. “Come Harupia, let’s go see Raizo before Nobu does. Nobu will make a grand spectacle of this, but right now he’s entranced with … most of the young people who have arrived.” The Steward would make his way to Raizo, and one would hope that Harupia would be joining him. “Lord Raizo, but not with Yukina! I hope she didn’t exhaust herself in having to go through the book of formalities. This is Harupia, one of my best friends next to the absentee Lord Roku.” He spoke introducing his childhood friend. Harupia was a little older than Sousuke, but they had been friends since childhood.

Last edited:

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Time was quick and fleeting, the time of being fashionably late was drawing ever closer. At this rate it would go beyond towards the realm of disrespect, Kaen began to ponder if Teke was even going to show. For that matter his own sister. Perhaps they were both already inside, but he would imagine that someone would have noticed him standing outside waiting for nobody and would come and tell him. Perhaps that was giving them too much and he might end up staying out here forever. Such ponderings were promptly pushed aside as a massive hand, or paw rather, came crashing down with enough force to cause Kaen to audibly 'oof'. “Ah Lord Kaen. I’m glad you made it. I have heard a most fascinating rumor about you from my little birds…” He would draw closer, needing to lean down to reach Kean's ear. “My little birds tell me you’re courting Lord Sousuke’s daughter? Oho yes. Marvelous. I hope someday a grand narrative is written about your great romance winning dear lady’s heart and having to contend with our Steward. You must have made a stunning impression on him, so I don’t think he will mind the courtship at all. My daughter met Teke recently at her birthday party. I have not spoken much with young miss Teke myself, but Sakura had quite the impression on her.” The man's stature, boisterous air about him, this could be none other than the Lord Nobu Sousuke had informed him of.

So commanding, forceful in the most respectable way. Kaen was lead through the gates into the courtyard by way of a giant hand pressing him onward. "I cannot deny the allure Miss Teke holds. But for now it's more of a professional relationship than a personal, more physical one. Sousuke made quite the impression on myself, truth be told. He has a way about him that demands respect, and I can say without a doubt he has earned mine." Lord Nobu would beckon a servant of some sort over to them. Kaen would peer over his shoulder hoping to catch a glimpse of Kasen or Teke, but there was still no sight of them. ”Brandy? Or something stronger? I’ve had it imported. I can usually guage a man’s drink like Lord Sousuke can know their sizes, and I…” The mountain of a man regained Kaen's focus with a light tap on the shoulder, “I think you are a brandy man.” Kaen would smile at the mention of a strong drink, it had been a very long time since he partook. "I'm partial to cinnamon whiskey, but I trust your judgment. Someone of your position is sure to know a thing or two about a good drink. Brandy sounds perfect!" He replied with much enthusiasm.

As Kaen listened on to Lord Nobu, nursing his own glass of brandy, a familiar voice flew blissfully into his ears. "Excuse me, I'm here for the..." Kaen would turn to greet the azule lord of the sea, his sister Kasen. Without delay Nobu was one step ahead of Kaen and greeted Kasen with a bow. With a coy smile he too would greet Kasen and would sarcastically bow before her. "Welcome, Lady Kasen. How kind of you to grace us with your presence." It was obvoius he was being playful with his words as he would never speak like this prior to this event. Though he was quite excited about this new found elevated status and title, he knew where his roots came from and would try not to let it get to his head. He hoped she wouldn't be too offended, after all jesting and poking fun was exactly what siblings were for, right?

Returning to his upright position Kasen would join his side and gave a amiable smile. "You look dashing. If I didn't know any better, I would swear someone had replaced my brother. Perhaps I should fight you just to make sure." His impish grin quickly faded and was replaced with a flat, glower stare. This was a surefire way to know this was indeed his sister. Only she could fire back a witty response that would instantly take Kaen aback in such a manner. "Ahh ha... ha... ha... You're so funny. I think I might keep you." The grimace-esk look quickly returned to the kind expression reserved for only someone like her before Nobu interjected with a question that seemed to be a repeating theme throughout their stay here in Suna. “Lord Kaen of the House Shinku, and Lady Kasen of the House Shinku. Respectfully first of their name. Ohoho. I am beside myself with the glory that is to come with this. I must know! Are you two twins? If so, who came first? Do you truly get into arguments about who is slightly older than who?” An almost comical look of dismay overtook Kaen before a forced smile revealed his sharp teeth. "I regret to inform you that the rumors are not true, I'm actually two years older than Kasen. But she keeps me in check as if she were the older sibling." He laughed playfully.

Getting closer to Kasen he would speak to her directly. "Thank you, by the way. Might I add that you look... well for lack of a better term, beautiful. Not something I imagined I would ever get the pleasure to see with my own eyes, but I think it suits you quite well." He would return a playful wink before breathing in deep before a drawn-out exhale followed. "I've missed you by the way. I've had a difficult time adjusting to the lack of your presence."

Suddenly as an amber-laden lass entered the scene! "Kaen! Sorry, I'm a tad late, getting ready is surprisingly more difficult than advertised." Kaen would turn to see who was calling out his name. While he should have recognized the voice he was distracted by the seriousness of his last words for Kasen. A woman of a sunny disposition sashayed next to Kaen's free side and postured herself, flaunting her glamorous attire. To his surprise he would swiftly recognize the golden girl, Teke. Or as he most readily knew her as, Body Bag, his apprentice. Which for that matter was a disparaging title. She was more than qualified to be a full Anbu by now, perhaps even his equal. It was passed time that she ascended out of this apprentice state. Kanmuri as well as a matter of fact. Lord Nobu's excitement, again filled will vigor, blinded everyone within ear-shot. “Lady Teke. I trust this party will grant us a grand number of moments to be better introduced. Sakura spoke very highly of you. She said you were indeed a highlight of her birthday party.”

As not to interrupt Nobu, he waited for Teke to respond before he interposed himself back into the conversation with Teke. "I'm relieved to see you. For a moment there I was beginning to suspect I was being stood up." But Teke was already exterminating the woman in blue beside him with a menacing gaze. "Wait... We've met right?" Kaen looked at her with confusion, cocking his head slightly. Perhaps Kaen was not alone in knowing about Kasen's transformation. "Of course you two have met, you knew each other well before I came to know you." Kaen noticed the gears turning as she pieced together who Kasen was, he smiled as the face she made was quite endearing. "Wait this is your... WOW, I'm kinda relieved!" He would laugh along with her, it had been a while since he was in such good spirits. You could almost make believe the Swarm attack hadn't just been concluded.

"I thought I was going to have some competition." A coy smile shot towards Kaen. "I'm Teke, remember?" Her attention now focused on Kasen. He was a bit confused about the mention of competition, did she think this was a date? Like a date date?! There was no mistaking that Teke had grown into a beautiful, and powerful woman. She had many redeeming features to counter her previously... erm... Cannibalistic tendencies. But that really on pertained to normal folk, which Kaen was far from. In fact even concerning this he held a certain admiration towards. Given that he himself had partook in questionable activities from time to time. Lost in thought he had almost not heard her next comment. "Out of uniform you actually scrub up pretty good." She said with a light elbow to his side. "You trying to impress someone tonight?" This could be a fun game, real or not it would be amusing to see how far this rabbit hole would go regarding this 'date'. With a sheepish grin Kaen would reply with a subtle wink. "Perhaps..."

Just then, Kaen would spot the Commander of the Ranger Order approaching. While there was a plethora of unfamiliar faces arriving and entering through the pearly gates, this one was hard to miss. The eye-patch was a dead give away, not many sported such accessories. That and he was to be his personal commander as Kaen was just recently adopted into this particular Order. What was more surprising was he appeared to be walked with purpose and direction as approached this quickly growing group of loiterers. Just as Kaen was going to greet Commander Riyota he stopped suddenly as he watched him approach his sister and lean in close, whispering in her ear. He found himself dumbfounded and dazed. What was the reason, were they involved in some secret mission? That was the most preferable thought that had entered his mind at the moment. They couldn't possibly be... No, no she would have mentioned it. Kaen quickly tossed the idea away, there was no need to get riled up and cause a scene. This was an important day after all. “The Ranger General himself. The eye patch! Oh. So bold. Such fashion. If enough of my friends see how good you look with that, I daresay there will be a new found trend in Sungakure due to you!”

A moment later a familiar young voice entered the scene. Kaen rarely forgot a face, especially one as interesting and full of potential such as him. Though he knew very little about the boy, Kazu had left a lasting impression on the Flame Court Hybrid some time ago, not to mention his feats of valor on the battlefield. Color him impressed, Kaen was very interested in the future of this young boy.

As if the day wasn't already full of surprises and confusion, at least on his part, Kazu would call out for Kasen. ”HEEEY! AUNTIE KASEN!” A perplexed look overtook Kaen for a brief moment. 'Auntie?' This word buzzed around in his mind. He gave Kasen a concerning look that could only convey one thing; 'What aren't you telling me?' Or perhaps even could be described as; 'We have much to discuss later...' But these looks and thoughts were dashed to pieces as Nobu presented him with a most astounding and shocking question. “Is he yours m’boy? Don’t worry Lord Sousuke is… was… probably still is a single parent too.” Nursing his drink a bit more he nearly choked on the strong drink in response. Too concerned with re-gathering his composure he was not able to answer the question before Kazu joined the group.

As Kaen went about clearing his wind pipes of brandy Nobu swiftly left them for another group entering his humble abode. Kazu went on to explain his enthusiasm about this party, event rather. Kaen himself had been looking forward to today. It wasn't everyday someone like him would be called Lord. ”Kaen! Or…should it be Kaen-sensei? Thank you for those kunai — I meant to send you a thank you message back for them, but…I kind of got caught up with my training, and the village, and…yeah.” A lull in the conversation peaked which Kaen was quick to rebuke with his own response. Shooting a most welcome smile back, revealing his own razor-sharp teeth, he would re-awaken the conversation. "Sensei, if you play your cards right. I've yet to speak to my superiors about taking on another apprentice, but I expect they will have no issues with it. And you're quite welcome, I'm glad you liked them. Don't worry about it though, we've all been busy lately." He too wanted to talk about the recent attack on Suna, but now was not the time.

It would also appear that Kazu knew just as little about Kaen as he did the boy. There was an abundant lack of explanations lately. ”So, how do you know Auntie Kasen? Did she invite you too?” Kaen would chuckle softly and shake his head. "No, I wouldn't say I was invited, more like the reason." Conceded perhaps, but in essence it was the truth. Kaen, as well as Kasen, was to be elevated to knew heights as Lord and Lady. "It's a small world it would seem, Kasen is my sister." Shocking news indeed, or perhaps not. But it was amazing how closely linked everyone was in this village. This large village felt smaller each day.

Leaving Kazu to the possible shock, or surprise, he would meet Kasen's eyes. "I think i'm going to have a look around and see who else managed to find their way here. I imagine we will be called to duty at Nobu's request, for that whole painting ordeal." Turning his attention back to his rumored date, Teke, he would hold out his arm, gesturing for her to take it should she find herself willing. "Shall we, Lady Teke?" And with that he would lead Teke over to the bar to get her a drink, as well as another brandy for himself. Once there, with fresh spirits in hand, he would finally acknowledge Teke. "You look exceedingly exquisite by the way. I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised at the contrast from your normal uniform." Despite the refreshing, delightful time he was having already, a sensation gnawed at the back of his mind. A presence subtlety called to his attentions. Dismissing it as a random, unwelcome feeling of anxiety, he endeavored to keep his focus on the un-official angel before him.

[OOC MFT]

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After a brief greeting with him, lord Nobu had quickly moved on as a new guest arrived. It wasn't really surprising, he did most of the time seek out guests to entertain on his own. And it was quite the guest. {erpahs to some extent the catalyst for the whole affair along with his sister Kasen, the newly appointed Lord Kaen. He watched briefly as the massive host leaned closer to speak with the fire-wielding Shinobi before Sosuke started to speak.

It was still a bit unusual. His friend always used to have this stilted manner of speech. Almost as if he was trying to be as efficient as a machine with his words. But a lot has changed...it almost felt like the more he covered himself in his self-made armor, the more open he was as a man, talking freely, reminiscing, going off on tangents. He quite liked it… the fact he sometimes did the same was only a small part of it.

„I can imagine that's the plan. I'm honestly looking forward to it, though I hope these dont make me look to snobby” he joked pointing at the golden ankh necklace before saying „oh, right... I completely forgot about those. They were made when I wasn't really as interested in art… Yeah, my father did pride himself on his physique, though they were all great men in their own right.” As Sousuke recalled the exact positioning of the people in the portrait he mused to himself „I think your right. But I would definitely love to see it if we have the chance. As well as the other ones. It will be nice to see how much you’ve grown over the years… Hmm, I wonder who they hired for the painting itself” he though out loud again while looking around.

It seemed that Nobu and Kaen were quite the Beacon for the newcomers. One by one they filled in, greeted by both the large blonde man and the freshly appointed Lord. Teke, she’s changed so much… Kasen joined by Riyota. They all looked quite Dashing. Soon after came a...suprising addition. A much younger Shinobi, Kazu came rushing in towards his...aunt? That...would raise some questions „I had no idea Kazu and the twins were related… He’s a bright one, and a brave one to after reading through the reports about the Night...but a bit impulsive” he said leaning towards his friend.

Soon after more guests arrive, this time more formally announced. A name known well, and yet almost not at All. Mikaboshi, former Anbu leader, former Hand of the Steward… former wanted criminal.Along two...companions? Quite peculiar. Especially the name of his Court. Ever since he formally joined the Oracle and was able to read more about the Ancients the word had become...somewaht charged for him. It was something he meant to talk about with Sosuke...though not at this time if it could be avoided. Though he could see a glimpse of red in his eyes.

Though they were able to move swiftly along as the next guest was announced. The Kazekage himself. Sosuke seemed to put himself into high gear as he came in, wanting to meet Raizo before Nobu registered him there. Harupia hesitated for a second but soon followed after. One of the many mistakes over the years was not really interacting with the Sunahoshi which helped them with the maelstrom and then became Kage… Katsuo. His reasons were far from rational...but he couldn't turn back the tide of time. He needed to get better in swimming with the flow. As they approached Sosuke greeted him, mentioning a different person, before introducing him. Harupia smiled brightly before connecting his hands under the sleeves of his robe’s and giving Raizo a deep respectful bow „Lord Kazekage. Its good to finally make you acquaintance in a more calm environment” before rising up, and offering his hand to him „Sunaku Harupia, Representing the Main Sunaku Branch, Jounin under your command” From what he knew, Raizo was not the biggest fan of formality, but Harupia hoped he struck somewaht of a balance between being respectful to his leader and being...well, direct with a fellow warrior.

Teke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
The group of three quickly turned into four and then five as two more guests arrived, one of whom seemed to be Kasen's partner even if he was a little sheepish at this very moment, the other a younger boy who she had to assume was with the man she seemed to recall as Riyota. However between all these people arriving they had been accosted by a tower of a man that Teke did indeed recognize as being Sakuras' father, Lord Nobu. He seemed to be in rather high spirits which suited her quite well and couldn't help but give a toothy grin as he introduced himself to her.

"Well, I dare say she learned more than she ever bargained, such is the life of a Takahashi I suppose." She chuckled.

The party had barely begun and it seemed like things were getting tense in just about all the right places, what with the guy who was announcing people to the whole room like everyone should know who they are, well at least one of them was the Kazekage she supposed so that was understandable but, from her perspective, anyone one and their grandma could go up and just get themselves announced and that just seemed like fun waiting to happen. For the moment though she would introduce herself to the young man who had stirred up some sort of confusion between Kaen and Kasen and seemingly even Riyota who she'd assumed he was related to in some way.

"I'm Teke, nice to meet you." She said softly.

She'd never really thought about it but she had never interacted with children before, an avenue to explore later perhaps. For now, she would need to reassure Kaen, she was rather late and though it was much against her own will it had indeed happened. She looped her arm through his and smiled.

"If I say I'm going to turn up, you better believe I'll be there. just between a new body and a new wardrobe, I was extremely distracted." She laughed. "I wouldn't mislead you though, I figure you know that much about me at least." She grinned.

It was true that he probably did know a lot about her that wasn't the norm to share between one another when you're attending this kind of event but, neither of them could have expected this would be where they ended up after becoming master and student, though it hadn't felt like that for a while now. Though the next words out of Lord Nobus mouth gave her a start for a moment as they pertained to the young boy and that he might be her and Kaens' son, but his reaction was far more noticeable and as such she was able to quickly brush it aside.

"Well, I would hazard a guess that whatever he is and what I am probably aren't compatible, but I've been wrong before so we'll have to wait and see I suppose." She said as she nudged at Kaen teasingly, this was so much fun for her.

Kaen seemed about ready to separate and go about their own adventure into the party though it would probably end up with them bumping into one another again. She gave a polite bow to Kasen, Riyota, Kazu and lord Nobu as they made their way toward the bar, but Teke had one thing she wished to do before all of that, she would separate her arm from Kaens for the moment and gave him a quick wink.

"I'll be but a moment." She said with a hushed tone.

With that, she would saunter quickly over to the attendant who had been announcing people as they entered and beckoned his ear where she whispered something to him with a smile, though anyone looking that way would see a very perplexed look on the mans face which Teke seemed to not notice or ignore as she made her way back over to her "date".

"Announcing... Princess Takahashi Teke, Daughter of Robosuke..." That part seemed to cause him actual, physical pain. "and the representative of the Kami." With that, the man seemed to dismiss himself from the room as he probably tried to find his composure, but that's what happens when you agree to just say any old thing out into a crowded room.

Joining him at the bar with a grin on her face as she held back her laughter. Kaen had already finished off one drink and she had no intention of falling behind even more so and thusly ordered something "strong but sweet" which the bartender took into consideration as he whipped her up something that was golden brown in color and decorated with a cherry and an orange slice, it was quite delicious. She would smile at Kaens compliment about her looks, even fighting back a bit of a blush though to little effect as her cheeks got a little pink.

"Well, I could hardly show up in uniform and this seemed like a rather formal occasion so, I spared little expense. but thank you, it's... new to hear things like that and someone actually means it." She explained between sips of her drink. "As I said earlier, you look quite dashing too, it's so odd being out of uniform and actually talking though, almost scary in a way."

As the two were continuing to have their conversation and drinks as more guests slowly filtered into the room, many heading their way, having the same idea of getting drinks in nice and fast, possibly before being accosted by the excitable lord.

"I am shocked though." She would comment after a moment of silence. "I expected more of a reaction to my father's identity, though I would hardly be surprised if you already knew, such is our line of work."

[WC - 970]

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
One by one the group would enter the luxurious home, taking in the surroundings and guests alike. Kasen was a bit overwhelmed, only making her discomfort to the dress and lavishness of it all a bit more uncomfortable. Still, at least she was surrounded by familiar faces. Joining the group a moment later, a yellow haired woman. Kasen gave a light wave as she realized it was Teke. The girl had really grown into a beautiful woman, and she could see why there was interest all those years ago. She must be Kaen's plus one. Teke was an interesting choice for her brother, though she was a tad skeptical if something was actually going on between them. Last she knew, Teke worked for Kaen in some regard and they seemed to have a friendly relationship. It would be interesting to say the least, but she would let Kaen sort that out on his own. She couldn't very well be a hypocrite seeing as she had conveniently forgotten to inform him of her engagement. Still, Teke's reaction to her was quite funny. "Yes, I remember you, Teke. You look quite beautiful still I must say; Kaen is lucky to have you this evening. I'm so glad to see you well." Kasen winked at the two of them.

A small wave of anxiety came over her as someone approached her from behind, but it was quickly replaced with relief when she heard the voice of her betrothed in her ear. She chuckled slightly at his words. "Oh, is that so? It can't be worse than how I look. I'm more dress than person." Slowly turning towards him, laughter was far from her response. She was starstruck at his attire, allowing herself a moment to stare as she looked him over. This may not exactly be her 'scene' of choice, but if she got to see him dressed like that every once in a while, she would certainly suffer through them. Leaning in close to him, a different look overcame Kasen's face as she whispered just loud enough for him to hear. She would practically die should anyone else hear, especially in a place like this. But, Kasen never was one for conventional timing."Thank you for coming. You look absolutely ravishing. As much effort as those were to probably put on, I think I'm going to have more fun taking them off later." Before he would have a chance to react, Lord Nobu would turn his attention towards Kasen, having previously been speaking with Kaen.

Lord Nobu was nothing like she imagined. She had heard things about him, just idle talk in passing, but he seemed incredibly exuberant and Kasen couldn't help but give the man a toothy grin when he welcomed her. He was a towering man compared to her, and her face flushed a bit when he lowered himself to kiss her hand. Clearing her throat slightly, and gave him a slight curtsy in return to his greeting. "Thank you, Lord Nobu. It's a pleasure to meet you. As Kaen mentioned, he is indeed my older brother. It seems that part of our reputation still precedes us." As someone passed by, Kasen grabbed a small champagne flute from a silver tray. The only time she had really had alcohol was that one weird exchange with that time keeper. Hopefully this one would not end in the same manner. She took a small sip, enjoying the slight tingle the bubble beverage left on her tongue.

It seemed that everyone at the event was nearly here, but she still had not seen Kazu yet. She was beginning to think that her nephew would not be coming when she heard his voice call out to her above the small rumbling of conversation going on in the background. Kasen would reach out and hug him quickly, as the otter that accompanied him made it's way over to her and rubbed against her dress in greeting. Kasen gave it's head a small pat and watched it run along likely back to it's friends. "I'm very glad you could make it Kazu. I believe your relative, the Kazekage, is here as well. He'll be happy to see you, I'm sure." She wasn't entirely sure if Raizo was here or not, having not yet seen him, but she thought she had recalled the guy doing the weird announcing say his name and title. She still needed to apologize for punching him in the face. Perhaps that had been a bit of an overreaction. After all, he didn't know proper shark customs. A little bird also told her that he might have something to do with the promotion she received.

Bringing herself back to the topics at hand, she was surprised to see that Kaen was teaching Kazu as well. "Ah, so you're also my brothers student. Should I apologize or congratulate you." Always quick witted, Kasen took another sip of champagne, smirking behind her glass. She couldn't help but tease Kaen a little bit, and it seems even Lord Nobu joined in. She burst out laughing at his remark to Kaen and Teke. The look on Kaen's face was positively priceless. It seemed though that he had endured his share of shock and friendly mockery, and Kaen took his leave of the small group, Teke following with him. Lord Nobu had gone to see to other guests, meaning she was now left with Kazu and Riyota, her guests. Looking towards Kazu, Kasen would reach into the small handbag that she had brought and pulled out a small shark pin. "Kazu, this is for you, as a thank you for coming." The small silver pin matched one that she had and treasured. It wasn't much, but she did want to give him something that associated him with her, even if they were not blood relation. She hoped he liked it. "I hope you enjoy the party." In the background, Kasen heard some music playing.

Turning her attention back to Riyota, she stuck her hand out towards him. "Care to dance? I'm not sure how graceful I'll be, but hey, first time for everything?" Kasen would give him a soft smile. She wasn't very inclined to dancing, but being close to him was never a bad thing in her eyes. Plus it would let her scope out who all else was here without seeming like she was openly staring and gossip a bit. She had to admit, she hadn't anticipated so many people, but Lord Nobu certainly does draw an interesting group of individuals. She could practically feel the power of everyone reverberating around her. And then there was the matter of the painting that Lord Nobu mentioned earlier. Yes, tonight was sure to be interesting.

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
At times, Kazu could be rather oblivious and miss things entirely. When he first began to call the cool, calm, and collected Kasen by the name “Auntie,” he had done so as a sign of respect and admiration. It was a way of saying, ’You’re pretty cool, and I admire the way you do things. You’re someone whom I look up to.’ However, he had not considered the confusing implications that it might cause.

Sometimes, Kazu noticed far too much. As he approached the group, he caught that Kaen seemed more than perplexed. The look he gave Kasen was one of shock, mixed with concern, and a hint of confusion. An unfamiliar face, the host of this grand party, Lord Nobu capitalized on the red-haired man’s tumultuous internal state, and pushed him even further. “Is he yours m’boy? Don’t worry Lord Sousuke is… was… probably still is a single parent too.” Kazu cocks his head to one side, thinking this over, then chuckles with a slight twinge of embarrassment as he fully realizes what his nickname for Kasen implied. Flashing a wry grin at Kaen, Kazu simply sits back and watches as the carnage piles on.

A couple key members of the group caught Kazu’s eye. The first was the man in the eyepatch. ’I…know him, don’t I?’ Something about the man tickled the back of his mind, but he wasn’t quite sure. ’Maybe I know him from the Long Night?’ That ordeal had been a blur, and adjusting back into his normal routine afterwards had been challenging, but he definitely felt that he knew the man. It was unfortunate that Kazu had arrived just after Lord Nobu had praised the man, identifying him as the Ranger General, as he had missed the chance to have his memory jogged. ’Maybe I’ll get a chance to talk to him later, and find out why I know him.’

The second member of the group to catch Kazu’s attention was Lord Nobu himself. A hulking man, towering almost twice Kazu’s height, with a smile — and hair color — of gleaming gold. Kazu couldn’t help himself from getting a little wide-eyed in wonder watching this walking skyscraper. ’How does he not hit his head on every single door frame he comes across?’ Almost as impressive was his booming voice and the ease with which he navigated these social occasions. Attentive, as well as intuitive. It boggled Kazu’s mind how the man did it, but somewhere in the back of his mind he was keeping notes as to all the little things he saw that impressed him — and how he might replicate the experience (or, at least, come close to it). In between the conversations, when he got the opportunity, Kazu would tug at Lord Nobu’s sleeve (seeing as how that was the only thing he could reach) and flash him a toothy grin. ”One day, could you teach me how you do that? I don’t get it, but the way you make everyone around you smile and feel relaxed is…well…it’s pretty cool. I’m really glad to meet you, Mister Lord Nobu, sir.”

The conversations continued; however, Kazu was having a very hard time keeping track of everything. Where some of the others seemed to be gracing this social setting with ease and poise, Kazu was beginning to feel a tad overwhelmed. ’I didn’t expect it to be so…loud.’ It wasn’t, necessarily, but the young boy tended to hone in on the little cues that people gave off as to what they’re thinking and feeling. A slightly flickering eyebrow; the way someone’s shoulders tensed up; the direction bodies were pointed and what that meant. All these little details, which Kazu unconsciously noticed, were practically screaming at him in his mind. Sensory overload. There was a lot to take in — much more than he was used to during his training — and it made the boy quite nervous, which perhaps showed a little on his affectation of a brave front.

Kazu managed to get two opposite, but equal, reactions from Kaen and Kasen when they each learned that Kazu knew the other. "It's a small world it would seem, Kasen is my sister," was what Kaen had to say, in a way that said he was offering a grand reveal. "Ah, so you're also my brothers student. Should I apologize or congratulate you?" Kasen’s playful teasing extended to all areas of her life, it seemed, as she playfully ribbed at Kaen, her brother. The news that Kazu, somehow, had managed to situate himself under the tutelage, or perhaps mentorship, of two siblings at the same time was rather shocking — the young boy was certainly stunned, but was able to see the resemblance once the two pointed it out. ’Mostly around the teeth,’ thought Kazu.

As was the way with parties, however, the group would soon breakup to allow the constituents the ability to further mingle with others. Kaen and the blonde girl, Teke, would go their own way, while Lord Nobu strode off to greet more guests. As Kasen and her date — Kazu was quite sure he knew the man, but the formal way in which he was dressed seemed to make remembering difficult — moved to go, she stopped for a moment to hand Kazu a rather dashing accessory. "Kazu, this is for you, as a thank you for coming." A shark enamel pin. His eyes lit up, and he smiled excitedly as he ripped the cap off his head and pinned the shark to the brim of his hat. ”I love it! Thank you, Auntie Kasen, I’ll be sure to let everyone know!” With that, he’d let her have some time with her hot date. ’As for myself, I think maybe I’ll go see who else is here.’

Surveying the room, Kazu noted there were a lot of people here. Most that he didn’t know. However, a couple faces did stand out to him: Sunaku Harupia, the man he’d met at the Oracle’s Library a week or two ago, and his older cousin Ryuzaki Raizo, the 10th Kazekage of Sunagakure and the future head of their clan. Along with the two of them was a man wearing a fully metallic suit that covered him head-to-toe. ’Now that looks like a fun conversation!’ Squeezing his way through the crowds of people, Kazu would attempt to sneak up on his Cousin Raizo.

”Boo!” He would exclaim, from right behind the pink haired older man, whether he had been detected and caught, or not. ”Hello! Quite the entrance you decided to make, Cousin Raizo! I bet you couldn’t stand getting beaten to the punch with that one, huh?” Playfully, Kazu would mess with his older Cousin — it had not escaped his attention earlier that another individual named ‘Lord Mikaboshi,’ whoever he was, had pulled that trick first. Smiling to the brown haired man in the fancy kimono and jewelry next, Kazu was quite happy to run into the man again. ”Harupia-sensei! It’s wonderful to see you — I’ve been doing some more reading on the specific geography of the countryside surrounding the village, and I think I’ve got an idea of where to look for a…friend. Again, I can’t thank you enough for sharing your knowledge with me.” He gave the man a bow of respect, honoring his elder, and signifying the degree to which he appreciated the man’s assistance previously.

Lastly, he turned to the man in the metallic suit. Kazu wasn’t sure of it, but he had a guess as to who this man might be. He’d heard his voice, before, but radios tended to scramble sounds in a funny way. Extending a hand to the man, Kazu gave him a toothy grin. ”I like your suit, even though it looks really heavy! I’m Ryuzaki Kazukura, but everyone just calls me Kazu. It’s really nice to meet you, sir!”

Last edited:

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The long-haired man with the braid simply nodded silently while the girl with pink tresses responded with a short "kay" before they dispersed into the crowd of party-goers. It was a risk bringing them here but it was time to begin integrating them after the time they had spent with Mikaboshi in the wilds of the underground caverns. No sooner than his subordinates left his side the robust personage of Lord Nobu appeared in Mikaboshi's vicinity to offer the old creature a drink. Mead was an offering based on old stories and for his part Mikaboshi could respect the thought behind it even if it were misguided. In his suggestion, Nobu looked away for a moment to think and when his eyes returned to Mikaboshi he would find that the Black Wolf had already appropriated a drink from... someplace. A tall fluted glass with a deep red colored liquid that he quietly look a sip from before responding to Nobu.

"No offense given and none has been taken, Lord Nobu. I have been uncommonly absent the stage of current events for some time." Mikaboshi's voice was quiet but oddly enough not challenging to hear over the din of conversation and early bustle of the event. "I am quite satisfied with my selection for now, thank you."

Even during the height of his well-documented tenure as the unnecessarily violent director of the ANBU corps, Mikaboshi had been known to be capable of being quite charming when he wished to be. It was simply a matter of catching him in a mood where-in he was not actively aggravated by some external factor which was uncommon enough. Often times "external factor" had been named Takahashi Sousuke or was related to one of the various attempts from foes both within and without maneuvering around Sunagakure in the shadows.

Lord Nobu quickly excused himself to see his way over to the next party of his guests and that suited Mikaboshi just fine. After all, he was not here to see the effulgent noble. He was here to make an appearance that could not be missed or mistaken. He was here to prove to the humans milling about Sunagakure that he was capable of doing the very thing that he had instructed his subordinates to do:

Play nicely.

Next to be announced was the most recent person to have been given the title of Kazekage: Ryuuzaki Raizo. Mikaboshi had not been aware that Sunagakure had formally selected a new Kazekage yet and was in a rare state of momentary surprise that they had decided to move on so quickly after the reported death of Sunahoshi Katsuo. After all their aristocracy had foolishly clung to the ideal of "waiting" for a Sunahoshi to return when it was all but known they were all dead for years after the death of Sunahoshi Hiro but more than that he was interested to find that they had invested their faith in a Ryuzaki. Mikaboshi had never met Raizo and knew nothing about the young man but he did know the name Ryuzaki for he had known the first of their line. They had never directly come to blows or even met for more than a few brief moments it was not challenging for a dominant predator to identify another being like themselves. Upon his arrival it took no time for Sousuke and another who followed in the Steward's wake to sweep up to the new Kazekage and engage him in conversation and so Mikaboshi bided his time quietly with drink in hand. He would meet Raizo soon enough, he was sure.

Last edited:

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
His eyes would continue to gravitate towards the man who was introduced before him. There was an itch, something he couldn't place, something about this person that both intrigued him and rubbed him raw. Who was this person...

Deep Court, clearly a reference towards an Ancient Court. I know the Sunan's seemed to fetishize the Ancients, and I know Hybrids exist somewhere in the village... but to be referring to yourself as a Court. Is it a goof or just another tradition I don't fully understand in this place?

Before he could dwell on it much longer, Sousuke and another guest would appear before him, snapping him out of his thoughts. The new person would introduce himself, he would bow his head in response to Harupia's bowing, and then would take the hand of the Jounin and firmly shake it.

"Harupia, truly a pleasure. Sunaku, so that means you are skilled in Sand manipulation? I would really like to see that in action someday."

He was a 'collector' of talents. This village was chock-full of talents and skills he had not ever seen before, so he found himself keeping a mental inventory of everyone who piqued his interest. Another name would be added to the list. He would then turn his attention to Sousuke, who had asked about Yukina.

"I actually sent Yu back to the Ryuzaki Estates in order to handle something for me. I haven't the foggiest when she will be ba--"

Before he could continue, the man who had made Mikaboshi and his own announcement would begin once more. He found this odd as he wasn't sure who would follow him up, he felt like he was a pretty natural stopping point for all of it.

"Announcing... Princess Takahashi Teke, Daughter of Robosuke..."

The what...

"and the representative of the Kami."

Of what...

"I don't recall you telling me you had a daughter... but I can't begin to imagine why you'd keep that secret locked up."

Shaking off that moment, his eyes would return to scanning around the area as he had seemingly lost track of Mikaboshi.

"Sousuke... what can you tell me of that weird Mik--"

Before he could finish this thought, he would find himself distracted once more. The yell of 'boo' and a familiar voice would cause him to turn around slowly. His eyes would peer down at the young Ryuzaki, a heat starting to exude from his body.

Suddenly he would snap down towards Kazu and snatch up the boy, raising him up into the air, there was at least a foot difference between their heights, so it wouldn't prove to be too much of an issue. Nuzzling the boy, he wouldn't listen to the rest of his taunts.

"OH MY SWEET WITTLE COUSIN, KAZUKURA! THIS LITTLE RUNT RIGHT HERE, ALWAYS MAKING ME PROUD WITH HIS TENACIOUS WITTLE SELF!"

He would release the boy with a smirk on his face. He had not gotten the chance to interact with his younger cousin since both of them made it to the village. He briefly saw Kazu when he was leaving the Kazekage Tower and heading to the Gate, leading to what would be called "The Long Night", but because of that situation did not get to fully chat with him.

"I hope you've been well, young Ryuzaki..."

Placing his right hand on his chin, he would begin to inspect the boy a bit further.

"You are looking a little scrawny... have you been eating? Do you need to come to the Tower so I can make sure you stay fed? If Ryohei finds out that you've grown malnourished while under my care... well, I can't imagine the sort of hellish device he would concoct to punish me."

He would shiver a bit thinking of his uncle, the current Vulcanus of the Ryuzaki, effectively the leader of the Minor Branch of the Clan and the Journeyman Order of the Ryuzaki. His crafting skills allowed him to make things beyond comprehension, things that would rival the equally cantankerous Takahashi Sousuke. He would then feel the spirit of Yukina slap him upon his head.

"Oh! My manners... Takahashi Sousuke, Steward of Suna, and Sunaku Harupia, Jounin of Suna, this is one of my young cousins, Ryuzaki Kazukura."

He was well aware that Kazu was not a blood relative, but that changed nothing in his mind. The boy was a Ryuzaki, just as much as any other clan member, and he had always held him in such regard. While the Ryuzaki were trained to be warriors from a young age, the tough love between clans members was not some norm. Sure, many of the boys did it, but it would usually be localized within that direct family chain, meaning for Kazu his brother Enishi would have probably been the one to be toughest on him, if not Ryohei. Raizo was free to be overly affectionate, which he was towards almost all of his cousins. There were always exceptions, but Kazu was not one of them.

His eyes would once more begin scanning the room.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A blush reached the cheeks of the Ranger General as his betrothed whispered a rather lewd suggestion in his ear. It was a game they played, both trying to throw the other off-balance, make them nervous or embarrassed not to be outdone Riyota sauntered past Kasen and whispered with a smirk "I'll go reserve us a spot under the drinks table." He turned back and gave her a cheeky wink before stopping, not wanting to stray too far from the one who had invited him. "Now be honest, were you allowed to bring a plus one or-?" Riyota would be interrupted by a thunderous clap sending a shockwave through his frame. A man unknown to the Jonin seemed to be gleefully approaching him, making a nod to his eyepatch a comment which caused Riyota to wince slightly and gently trace a finger down the garment instinctively. Snapping himself back into 'party mode' he would smile and nod, chuckling nervously. "Well there's something to be said for having both eyes really...I-uh...you have me at a bit of a disadvantage..." He would admit after his poor joke that the man was not a person known to him, and it was obvious the man knew the reputation behind his title, but not the man himself. Whether Nobu took the time to continue the conversation or not, he would soon move on to his other more important guests. Allowing Riyota to catch his breath finally. He was a commoner in a party for the rich and powerful, he was already nervous and on-edge. Meeting strangers was not helping that along.

There was definitely a few he did not recognise. The attractive blonde who gave off an aura of authority. The striking red-haired man who seemed to know Kasen somewhat. As well as the young black-haired boy who Riyota recognised from the long night, but knew little about. He supposed he should at least attempt to socialise, and the Kasen-knowing man kept shooting him suspicious glances every so often so it was probably an issue he should put to rest. Not knowing if he would have a chance to talk to the boy he simply gave him a friendly smile in order to suggest that they could chat if it was within the boy's wishes. He decided not to mess with the blonde for now, for some reason her presence dredged up awkward memories. Though Riyota didn't quite know why.

Approaching Kasen and the red man he would bow his head respectfully, beginning to piece together the identity of this person. When there was a suitable break in the conversation Riyota would speak up. "You're one of my rangers aren't you? You'll have to forgive me, all I have are names and no faces to put them to over at headquarters so I'm still learning who's who." He explained, giving the stranger an opportunity to introduce himself. "I remember being impressed by your prowess though, you have quite the knack for fire if I remember correctly." The Ranger General was no socialite that was for certain.

Whether the red stranger chose to follow that line of questioning or not the conversation would eventually drift to other matters and Riyota would find himself sightseeing and taking in the grandeur of the home the party was held in. He would spot the old man himself, clad in ceremonial armour. He would give him a nod of recognition and respect, not wanting to interrupt what was probably an important conversation. Standing nearby was his friend Harupia, whom Riyota gave a friendly smile to. The other two people present he did not recognise, so he decided to move away before he drew their ire.

Just as he was getting bored of looking around he felt a gentle tap on his shoulder. He gently turned around to see his betrothed and his body immediately relaxed. She held a comforting presence for him. However, he still managed to chuckle slightly when she offered him a dance. "I didn't realise this ridiculous outfit would put you in such a mood." He said, gesturing to himself. "Especially considering our last few dances." He teased, but still offered his hand to guide her to the dance floor in front of the fanciful orchestra. "Are you leading this time as well? Just...last time you put a hole in my foot, and then you somehow poked me in the eye, which was more impressive considering there was only a fifty percent chance to get one." He left her with the decision on who would be calling the shots here. He had tried to teach her to dance a few times, he knew she was capable, when she moved with her water she was as graceful as a butterfly. He chalked it up to nerves. In return she had tried to teach him how to swim, which had...similarly poor results.

He would move slightly closer to her, she would be able to feel some of his skeleton shift and restructure to change his form from an indestructible barricade to a limber dancer. He would whisper to her as their faces were drawn close to one another. "Relax...flow like water."

MFT

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Nobu exchanged glances between Kaen and Kasen. The man was delighted in having the fully correct details. Something information was wrong, or recorded incorrectly. Nobu clapped his hands together as now he was the correct data. He was indeed in a state of bliss of sorts. “The younger sibling taking charge of the older one? How different. How bold. Capital even.” He would turn his head slightly. He would motion for more alcohol to come in their direction. Not one, not two, but three individuals came with platters. “Lord Kaen you will never find a small glass in my household. You would be hard pressed to find a completely empty one either. Brandy and a cinnamon whisky, here here.” He handed Kaen both drinks in what seemed like medium glasses for Nobu, but looked quite large for Kaen. “I am pleased as punch the two of you could come.”

Young Kazu pulled on Nobu’s sleeve. The towing man knelt down to his level. He was then inquired how he did it. He would smile, “Well, the key in making sure everyone is relaxed to get to know people. Make them feel welcomed, and attend to them. After a battle like the one you had at the wall… it is important to recognize people for their efforts. Old people have this nasty habit of being stuffy and not wanting to get to know the new generation. That is the antithesis of my work.” He spoke broadly. This part was very much an effort to have both the old powers and the new powers socialize and get to know each other. Sungakurian Nobles were very stuffy. The Ox King himself was a stuffy old man who seemed to detest young people who had the slightest inkling of a flaw. Nobu tried very hard to see past those flaws and in fact see how those people made up for those flaws with another skill or ability.

Riyota spoke up of how Nobu had him at a disadvantage. Nobu let out a hearty chuckle. He clapped Riyota’s back. “Having one eye makes you all the more cautious. You have only one eye left and thus you must leave nothing to chance.” He spoke with a comforting wisdom in his words. He would smile and smile broadly. He would look over to the Steward. ”Even Lord Sousuke was subjected to having one eye once, and having half of his face damaged horribly. Sometimes people at a disadvantage still have enough raw skill to do better than most who seemingly have the advantage.”

Nobu for the moment would need to excuse himself. ”Now then. I have a friend of mine to correct. He was a betting man, and swore the two of you were twins. Now that I have the correct information, I am going to correct him… and watch him part with a small fortune to a charitable organization.”

Sousuke and Harupia were now with Raizo. Both Harupia and Raizo engaged in pleasant conversation. One of the slightly embarrassing things Sousuke regretted was not formally introducing Harupia to Katuso. It was in the past, but it was something that lingered in the back of his mind. It seemed like Raizo had reacted well, and even so much as showed an interest in his skillset. Raizo would then go to explain that his assistant was sent back to the estates to handle something for Raizo. Sousuke would nod his head, “I suspect your family wasn’t quite ready for---” It was then at that moment that Teke had been introduced. The machine of a man was given pause at how Teke had herself introduced. Sousuke’s eyes flashed yellow for a moment, he was taken aback. Despite having a metallic visage, it seemed like Sousuke’s mouth would have been hanging open at a moment like this. To make matters even more difficult, Raizo had inquired of him about his daughter. Sousuke for a moment stumbled with his words. “Ah… ahem… ah yes. You never quite asked about my family situation. Quite complicated... I … er … I do not have any blood children. I have recently gotten back together with my old paramour… who I had to suspend the relationship with because I did not wish for her to be involved with or against me due to Shouki. Teke is my second ward. The first was Okibi who—”

It was a moment of genuine weakness for the Steward. To talk about Okibi was hard. Thankfully Lord Raizo had either got bored of the subject or noticed the difficulty he had with the subject and spoke of Mikaboshi. “Lord Mikaboshi was my mentor during my youth and he was within my employ as security for a time. We have had … several disagreements with each other over the years. Weird is not a manner to which I would describe him as, he is cunning in the extreme, he is wise, and he is a man of great patience.” Sousuke used the description of great patience for two reasons, one being that Mikaboshi had endured the Steward in his youth. There was perhaps something to be said about trying to teach spellwork to a man who was deeply rooted in natural laws. The second was that Mikaboshi was a patience man in the sense that he had waited a long time to visit vengeance upon people. Things with the Deep Court were at best neutral at this time. Neutrality was the best thing one could hope for when dealing with him. If it were not for Katuso’s choices or peace brokering it would perhaps be that Mikaboshi and Sousuke’s conflict would still be ongoing in the shadows. There was also the subject of the truth of Mother Suna, another irritable subject. The older the Steward got, the better he was able to deal with it.

The mood would lighten as Kazu would join them. The two would play for a moment, and during this moment Sousuke would acknowledge Riyota with a nod of the head. The Ranger General seemingly had his hands full at the moment with Kasen. The younger child elected a response from Sousuke was equally surprising and welcoming. “Hello Kazukura.” He spoke with a nod. “Tell me, how often do people use the long form of your name? Is it when you are in trouble?” He would inquire. In turn the child asserted that his suit looked heavy. He would raise his hand and the wrist would turn a full three hundred and sixty degrees. Human wrists could not turn that way without a sickening crack of the likes. “This? Ah no. Not heavy at all, but for most people… I would suspect, it would be a mind over matter. I do in fact have heavier models of my suits. Sometimes you need extra power or a more solid defense.” He spoke educating the boy on his armoury.

Nobu would allow his guests to dance, feast, and for merriment. He would make a sound clap with his hands, and raise them. “My dashing good lords, my most exalted ladies, members of ancient old houses, roaring entrants of new households, and those in between.” He would speak loudly and delightfully. “While we may be … progressive in our stride, there is one old habit that my parties cannot unshackle. That is the grand portrait. I would like to get us all together for just a mere two minutes for some of our most esteemed and excellent artists to get a snapshot for this year’s grand portrait. Then we can go back to our musings while we then proceed to make for individual and group portraits. Let us all gather in the eastern great hall for but a fraction of time.” Should the guests follow Nobu they would find themselves led to a singular room that was the size of the base level of the Kazekage tower grounds. The room had no less than twelve chandeliers and no less than eighteen decorative fireplaces. Nobu was a man who delighted in foreign and domestic arts. The room was a host to pictures of parties before time and time again of the grand portrait. There were chairs, couches, love seats, and many props for this portrait.[/I][/I]

Last edited:

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Well, I would hazard a guess that whatever he is and what I am probably aren't compatible, but I've been wrong before so we'll have to wait and see I suppose." A coy smile beamed from Teke as she playfully nudged him. Kaen could only apprehensively clear his throat, this entire situation was not exactly what he envisioned as a first impression with this 'sort' of crowd. Truly Kaen was a fish out of water, more used to either the laid back feel to being off duty or the occasionally seriousness and orderly operations of being on the field. It was a surreal feeling, not knowing how to fully handle a situation like this. Was it work, was it leisure? Fake it till you make it, right?

Halfway towards the bar destination Teke would lean in and with a soft voice she would whisper softly; "I'll be but a moment." With a mischievous wink Teke would loose herself from Kaen's arms and amble onward towards the direction of the Herald attending to the arriving dignitaries. Leaning on the bar's counter with one elbow, the free arm tending to the glass of spirits, Kaen would watch as Teke whispered something inaudible to the Herald. The look on his face was in stark contrast to the devious grin Teke was sporting. Uncertainly and apprehensive appeared to overtake the Herald. About half way on her approach back to her "date" the Herald would make a startling, breathtaking announcement.

"Announcing... Princess Takahashi Teke, Daughter of Robosuke..." A tormenting anguish overtook the man as he uttered that last absurdity. A similar feeling pierced Kaen's own heart as hazy memories seemed to flood into his mind. "and the representative of the Kami." A buzzing sound rang in his ears, Kaen not hearing that last portion regarding the Kamis. Replaying earlier scenes in his head like in slow motion he would recall portions of his conversation with Lord Nobu he had not fully heard due to his excitement and unfamiliarity with this new setting. “My little birds tell me you’re courting Lord Sousuke’s daughter? ----- I don’t think he will mind the courtship at all.” Frozen in place, uneasiness set in, a slight chill seemed to overcome the normally vividly warm red-head.

Returning to him at the bar with a lively and mischievous smile on her face, laughter attempting to break free from pursed lips, Kaen did his best to keep his composure with this shocking news. Having already finished off one drink he would promptly order another in the hopes of calming his nerves and would receive his along side Teke's golden-brown fruit topped glass of liquor. Taking a large drink, half going down all at once, Kaen would push headstrong to keep the evening going in a positive direction. He would deal with this later.

"You look exceedingly exquisite by the way. I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised at the contrast from your normal uniform." A hint of bashful scarlet hues glossed over her face in response to his compliment. This seemed to pull him out of the stupor he hand found himself in just earlier, at least for the moment. "Well, I could hardly show up in uniform and this seemed like a rather formal occasion so, I spared little expense. but thank you, it's... new to hear things like that and someone actually means it." With a fixed gaze Kaen listened intently as she took in more small doses of her golden drink. "As I said earlier, you look quite dashing too, it's so odd being out of uniform and actually talking though, almost scary in a way." Exhaling deeply through his lips his eyes would widen in agreeance while also shaking his head lightly. "You're telling me! I feel all out of sorts here. I honestly thought I was going to like it, but so far I just feel like I'm going to get a migraine at any moment." Finish off his drink he would continue. "I dunno, maybe I just need to get used to it." He gave thought to asking how she did it herself. Being the daughter of the Lord Stewart surely was of a similar feel. But remained silent as he peered down into his empty glass lost in thought.

"I am shocked though." Teke perked up after a moment of silence, forcing Kaen out of his daydream and throwing him headfirst into a conversation he was not ready for. "I expected more of a reaction to my father's identity, though I would hardly be surprised if you already knew, such is our line of work." Setting his glass down on the bar he look towards Teke, a troubled look overtaking him. "Well..." He would start but pause shortly after as he gazed around. Many more had invaded their previously quiet hidey-hole and no longer had the privacy he was wanting from the crowd. In the distance Kaen could hear the sound of a piano and an instrumental string quartet playing. Removing himself from his static position up against the bar he would hold out a hand to Teke. "It's a little crowded here, would you care to dance with me?"

But they would not get their chance as a loud booming clap would resound throughout the estate. Turning to look in the direction of the noise he would see Lord Nobu raising his hands to address the crowd. “My dashing good lords, my most exalted ladies, members of ancient old houses, roaring entrants of new households, and those in between.” His tone was boisterous yen cheerful as he made his announcement. “While we may be … progressive in our stride, there is one old habit that my parties cannot unshackle. That is the grand portrait. I would like to get us all together for just a mere two minutes for some of our most esteemed and excellent artists to get a snapshot for this year’s grand portrait. Then we can go back to our musings while we then proceed to make for individual and group portraits. Let us all gather in the eastern great hall for but a fraction of time.” Turning to Teke he would keep his hand out for her to grab. "I suppose our dance will have to wait until after the portrait. Let me help you up?" A kind smile revealed his sharp teeth. It was not meant to be menacing as most might think seeing those shark-like teeth. No, he was actually just in a really good mood despite the swirly thoughts in the foreground concerning her father. It wasn't too big of a deal though, it's not as if they were ACTUALLY dating or anything...

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back