Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

(Inactivity Retirement) Wakahisa Chiyoko >> Kawakami Hotaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OCR Form said:
Old Character Name: Wakahisa Chiyoko
Old Village/Missing: Kumogakure
OCR Type: Inactivity retirement
Last Known Where-abouts: Kumogakure
Old IC Rank: Jounin

New Character Name: Kawakami Hotaru
Preferred Username: Hotaru
New Village/Missing: Kumogakure
New BL/CA: Yuki (Hiyakagami)
Custom Class:
Custom Class said:
Grace (Veteran)
HP: (40 + 5 +lvl)
CP: (45 + 5 +lvl) x chakra control
Class Bonus: + 5% Auto-dodge & Auto-hit & + 5% Ninjutsu damage
High: Evasion, Ninjutsu Accuracy
Average: Melee accuracy, Genjutsu Save, Ranged Accuracy
Low: Puppet Accuracy, Genjutsu DC]
Main Branch/ANBU/Med-Nin: Med-Nin
IC Rank: Med-Nin Chief

Character Age: 26
Sex: Female
Character's Physical Description: Wisps of ebony black hair dot Hotaru's heart shaped lightly freckled face, escaping from the tied bun atop her hair, stragglers occasionally escaping from their prison. Many a man would call her unassuming, effervescent and large dark brown almond eyes run across her face with a practiced (and possibly faux) gentleness beneath them. Beneath that lies a small button nose and thin lips, smile lines drawing to their sides belaying her age. Her smile is not perfect, graced with white teeth with the slightest over bite, she feels it gives her character.Some would say she looked almost diminutive in stature, standing at barely 5'4" in shoes and weighing just over 100 lbs. Her skin is almost pale as driven snow, accented by the occasional freckling and some times tinged red when exacerbated or embarrassed.

Her attire typically skews more functional than traditional, often wearing a fairly standard crew cut blouse, the color of which changing day to day. She typically prefers riding trousers over most other pants, offering functionality and flexibility when needed. As far as shoe wear goes her choice is fairly standard, dark tanned tall boots a strap and buckle lining the ankles of both.

Her choice in accessories is typically modest, wearing a small chained interlinked necklace holding a small ring. She also carries a pair of rounded glasses, though they are exclusively for reading and more often than not end up broken in the fray of things.

Character's Mental Description: A small practiced smile belays her face most times, though it's hard to say if it's genuine, ever even headed Hotaru is not quick to anger and is often considered unflappable. A natural born diplomat she carries a way with words often able to deescalate situations with the practice of a hostage negotiator. While she may be soft spoken this does not mean she's meek, in fact the opposite may be true, internally she is what one might call a 'schemer' preferring to get what she wants through the art of persuasion and manipulation over intimidation and force. As they say, you catch more flies with honey.

While these characteristics suit her in her professional life, they don't sit nearly as well in her personal life. Hotaru tends to bottle her feelings, which can at times lead to bouts of depression, though she wouldn't let others know. It is often also difficult for her to figure out whether her emotions are genuine, feeling as though she often lives a lie. Often times she catches herself using the same tactics applied in her work to her home life, which is often deeply concerning to her, as though she does not intend to do the things she does. She often also has problems with accepting problems and negative emotions in her life, when pressed she will often act as if there is no problem in the first place, which can often times be emotionally exhausting for everyone involved.

Multiple Personality Application: N/A

Character History:

What goes up always comes down

"Your daddy was a good man, second generation immigrant from Mist before it went to shit. Worked his ass off for close to twenty years, served the people. Sorry for your loss.", The man speaking was young for a police captain, maybe early forties. Salt and pepper scruff dotted his face as his gaze broke from the girl standing next to him gazing off toward an open casket knowing the ceremony would be commencing soon. The young girl, she had just hit the tender age of thirteen and gotten out of the Shinobi academy, followed his gaze to her father, her eyes bloodshot though she had managed to get all her crying out the night prior. Her hands fiddled with the ring in her pocket, her father's, one of the few things that he left behind, "Thank you, sure he would appreciate you saying so." she replied idly her mind clearly focused on other matters.

Hotaru's eyes broke from the casket and moved toward her mother who was speaking to more people she had never met, before last night she had never seen her mother cry. She had always been a stone in the face of the wind, unmovable and unsaleable. Hotaru wondered if this would be the last and only time she would ever see the woman cry, grieving for a dead husband. " -- Take care of you." She only caught the end of what the salt and pepper haired officer said, gazing back at him quizzically, "Sorry?" she asked now giving her full attention to the man beside her, "He asked me to look after you, make sure you're going to be alright. If you ever need anything, or you get into trouble..." she had little response to this, the shock and numb of the situation still radiating through her.
With a heavy sigh the man grasped at Hotaru's shoulder, "Suppose I should go talk to your mother." and with that the man was off and the young girl was alone.

The battleaxe

That what her father called her mother. Rei was her birth name, but it wasn't heard often in the house it was always either 'mamma' or when she wasn't around 'the battleaxe' the nickname always eliciting a chuckle between a father and daughter and some cross eye from mamma. The moniker rang true, if Rei was anything she was a battleaxe, bull headed, stubborn, passionate, these were all words one could describe the woman as. Her family were immigrants from the land of water as well, she always claimed to she used to be a noblewoman, that her father's father used to hold land, though there wasn't much of a way to prove it. There was something she could prove, she was a Yuki even if her temperament said otherwise. The contrast was always funny, or at least daddy found it funny, that this woman was supposed to be the pinnacle of grace, able to control the very cold of the world, and yet she might have been one of the fieriest women he had ever met.

"Get up! It's nearly 5:30, sun will be up soon.", then a slam of the door loud enough to shake it's frame. With a heavy sigh Hotaru got up, reaching toward her night stand to the necklace holding her father's ring. It was days like this she missed him most, the only man in the world that could temper that beast, the battleaxe. It had been two years now, but it felt like the day before yesterday. Rei always assumed poppa would die on the job, saving the domestic rabble from themselves, but it wasn't meant to be that way. They had found out maybe a month before it happened, spinal lymphoma. But there was little time to dwell on that now, it was time for her pre-work lesson from mother dearest. Since dad died it had been a tradition, every morning at 5:30. Hotaru often times wondered what she did to deserve such treatment, though those thoughts were usually pushed away as her mother kissed her forehead and brought breakfast.

Hotaru would later be grateful for these early morning practices, there weren't many other Yuki within the bounds of the city, and besides there wasn't another teacher in the world quite like the battleaxe. She was a tough trainer, often times her daughter would leave battered and bruised, but it made her hard, it made it to where she could endure.

"Ours are ways of grace.", Her mother would often tell her, which was funny, though her movements in training belayed that of a seasoned Kunoichi that had fought her fair share of battle. Hotaru always envied her mother's way with the mirrors, they being perhaps the best she had ever heard of, let alone seen.

Ma, I'm going to med school.

Rei had always assumed her daughter's fascination with the medical arts had been a phase, that one day she would be a fine Shinobi worthy of battling the fiercest of warriors, not a something more akin to a doctor. It of course had not been a phase, and her young daughter had since developed to a fine young woman of 18. "Your father, he would have liked it.", The battleaxe sputtered out trying to hide the contempt behind her voice as she held her daughter tight, realizing that soon she would no longer be under the same roof. Hotaru tried to break the hold, failing miserably under the tight grasp her mother held over her before each managed to tell the other of their love for one another before Hotaru set off to leave.

With a sigh Hotaru headed out for greener pastures.

She had learned the basics of the medical field throughout her time as a genin, how to dress a field wound, how chakra effects the body, and she had been able to sit in on a surgery here and there, but this was something else entirely. Every day was memorizing book after book, edict after edict, days of rounds seemed to pass her like minutes. Until one day she found herself in a class she had never taken but had always had interest in, Psych 101 was written on the board in marker.

"We will be learning of ourselves my young students, what makes us tick, what makes us desire to continue to live through the difficult moments.", The professor took a second to breathe adjusting his jacket and sipping from the bottle of water on his desk. He was a portly man, jolly in most senses of the world with, balding atop his head as though all his hair had migrated to his beard. "This class will be covering the basics of psychology in the Shinobi world, and how to use it to your advantage. Know your enemies. There is also of course the more domestic use as well, helping our downtrodden brethren waylayed by the pain of our profession." Once again he paused to scan over the room to make sure he had held everyone's attention, which surprisingly he had. "There will be additional courses for those so inclined, this is the only one required. Further courses will be aptitude based, I can only give my attention to so many people." the professor continued on as Hotaru felt she might have found the most interesting subject yet.

Four years of school passed, each bringing more experiences than the last. Through those years the young woman had managed to not only become a competent doctor, able to do far more than just dress a wound now. She also left with the knowledge of appeasement strategies, deescalation, and the ability to analyze others with some competency.
It was time for the real world.

If you need anything...

A small smile dotted Hotaru's lips, walking into the department of domestic affairs, effectively a police office. The young secretary beamed right back at her, a young lad not a day over 18 "How can I help you?" he asked in a sing-song voice. "I would like an audience with Chief Kanda." the young boy's smile quickly faded to an expression of near indifference, "You need an appointment." she did not. "If you could phone him I would greatly appreciate it. He's a family friend, tell him Kawakami's daughter is here to see him." Eyeing her for a brief moment and still being greeted by a slight smile the officer huffed and did as asked, and was quickly prompted to guide Hotaru to Chief Kanda."Must be pretty good friends, he usually doesn't see people unless they have an appointment friend or not." Hotaru by and large ignored the young man's probing into who she was, her hand moving to grab the manila folder beneath her arm.

The young man opened the glass double door to the chief's office, he was a few years older and his hair was more salt than pepper, but other than that he looked the same man as he did ten years ago, "Kawakami-San, to what do I owe the pleasure?" he asked standing from behind his desk to give Hotaru a hug before sitting again. Yet before she could manage to offer her explanation the chief cut in jovially, "How's your mother? I apologize that I haven't been able to drop in as frequently as I used to, work takes up most of my time." he almost sounded remorseful toward the end. "She's doing well, as temperamental as ever." Hotaru joked lightly catching a chuckle from the chief as he reorganized a stack of papers atop his desk. "But this isn't a social call Koda-San.", Hotaru stated with a sense of determination behind her words catching the chief raising his brow, "Sure, something I can help with?" he asked putting his papers down to give the young woman his full attention as she placed her folder on the table.

"I would like a job, school's out." for a brief second Chief Kanda's demeanor darkened before returning to a more neutral disposition with a heavy sigh rubbing his hands across his face, "Rei would kill me. She nearly killed me when I convinced your father to join." Hotaru never knew her parents had met before his father started work, it was actually rather surprising. "I'm guessing you didn't tell her you were going to ask me for a job?" she hadn't, "She would try to talk me out of it. Knowing her she'd want me to join the ANBU or something ridiculous." Hotaru replied after exhaling loudly. "Just take a look at my c.v., you can decide afterward." Leaning back in her seat she eyed the man on the other side of the desk with measured interest, "Med school, top marks on your physicals, graduated magna cum laude," not just magna cum laude "Salutatorian." she interjected with some mild pride. Clearing his throat Chief Koda glanced over the young woman briefly before moving back to the papers before him, "Specialty in psychology, kid you could do anything and you want to work here?" he questioned forlornly closing the package, before she could manage to interject the man on the other side of the table held his hand out as if to hush her, "I get it, you want to follow in his footsteps right? Do what he did?" the question clearly rhetorical Hotaru sat back as the chief pushed the folder back to her.

"I'd like to work hostage negotiation, yes." Her reply garnered a loud groan from the man across from the table, "Why don't you go work at the hospital, kid? You'd be able to help a lot more people that way." he pleaded though it was obvious from the expression on her face that she hadn't been convinced. Sitting up straight young Hotaru flattened out her blouse before peering over to the chief, "You said if I ever needed anything I could come to you. Now I have the experience to do this, I have the skills, I can be an asset. I'm not asking for charity, just asking for an opportunity." and once again Chief Koda groaned loudly, it seemed she wasn't going to back down "Fine, but you better make sure your mother doesn't come and murder me, lord knows she would do it." and with a smile and a handshake young Hotaru had began her work.

Let's make a deal.

Why did they have to do this in the middle of the day, Hotaru questioned looking into the jewelry store. Three armed men stood inside holding the staff, just another day. They had already agreed to talk over radio which had already made her job easier, "What can we do to get those people out of there?" a brief few seconds of silence passed as she watched the men intently, thinking about how long the standoff had been going on before she had been called in. "Anybody hungry, thirsty?" she questioned as sympathetically as she could before a response came over her radio, "We need food." simple and straight to the point, she liked it. "We'll get you some food then, how is everyone doing in there? Everybody alright?" Her eyes moved away from the store signaling for a man to go grab some sandwiches, the response was curt once again "No one's hurt, we're trying to keep it that way." well at least they were a little sensible. "Good, we don't want anyone getting hurt on our end either. So what can I do to make sure none of those people end up hurt?", She pleaded trying her best to keep the stress level of the situation down "We want safe passage." of course they did, that's what everyone asks for at first.

The man carrying the food rushed back, putting it at the foot of the door as a man briefly peeked out to grab it before retreating, "I can't promise you that. What I can promise is if you cooperate I will personally speak on your behalves. That goes a long way, right now you're all looking at twenty to thirty years. I could maybe get you five." lying was never a good strategy during these situations, they know you're lying it breaks trust and the situation breaks down further. "Not good enough, how about we try this again? You let us leave or I start flaying people?" a moment of worry flashed over the young woman's face as she thought of what he said, 'I start flaying people' not we. Maybe the others aren't as enthusiastic, "Well if you do that everyone of you gets the death penalty, murder and accessory to murder." her tone just as level as before Hotaru glanced once again to see the group arguing. Two tried to leave, only to be struck out by the main perpetrator, Hotaru watched in mild interest as the three began fighting among each other followed by three loud pops, the window of the shop shattering, luckily no one was hit as her men pounced upon the trio ending the situation. Fucking idiots. She thought to herself putting the radio down.

Four years of this passed, the successes outweighed the losses thirty to one, but it still weighs on you, that one situation is all it takes for your stomach to flip. Hotaru sat in her office, the week had been quiet so far, which was always pleasant. It also meant that she'd have time to focus on the mountains of paper work she had to do, it often times felt like she was doing 95% paper work to 5% helping people. "Kawakami-San?" A voice called out as she looked upward to an unfamiliar face, a rather plain looking woman in her mid to late thirties smiled down toward Hotaru offering her hand. After standing and giving the woman a quick handshake Hotaru immediately asked curiously, "I don't believe we've had the pleasure, mrs?" it wasn't every day she had unknown guests show up to her desk. "Mrs. Oda. I in part with many others handle the diplomatic affairs of our great city. I was wondering if you had a moment to spare?" With a slight smile Hotaru gestured for the woman to sit, this wasn't the first time someone from the diplomatic envoy had dropped in on her.

"I'm here to see if you had changed your mind yet, we believe you could be a greater asset to our country as a diplomat," Hotaru had to interject before the woman continued "As opposed to saving lives you mean?" pondering the woman's choice of words with the slightest of grins. "Yes, that's exactly what I mean. You may save people, but we save countries. Stop wars, assist the impoverished, you can see where I'm going with this." This was the first time someone had actually told her that their job was more important than hers and it stung a bit, though she certainly wouldn't show it as her earlier grin remained plastered on her face, "I see. So what are you offering me this time that you didn't offer me the last?" Hotaru questioned leaning toward the woman across her desk, "I offer the opportunity to help further serve your country and it's people, I figured as someone who has rarely stepped outside the bounds of the country it might also appeal to somone like you. Get the wanderlust out before you go grey in the hair."

Four years of dealing with hostile threats everyday, it might be a nice change of pace if everyone Hotaru dealt with wasn't holding a gun or knife on someone, though she had no doubt they would be just as hostile in other ways. "I suppose your people's persistence has paid off, it might be nice to get out in the field." a Cheshire grin stood upon the face of Mrs. Oda who gently clapped her hands together in excitement, "Excellent, we shall organize a transfer of departments. Take the rest of the week off, and someone should come by your house to go over the monetary issues and benefits. It was beautiful speaking with you." once again the woman reached across the desk for a handshake which Hotaru accepted. It seems it's time for a change.

Clan Request: N/A

Death/Retirement Thread: N/A
Old Profile https://www.ninpocho.com/threads/wakahisa-chiyoko.41132/
Old Training: https://www.ninpocho.com/threads/wakahisa-chiyoko.41170/page-4#post-238858
Old Dojo: https://www.ninpocho.com/threads/wakahisa-chiyoko-dojo.49684/#post-238187

Special Usergroups: N/A

Old Stats:
Agility: 315/525
Stamina: 300/525
Taijutsu: 300/525
Ninjutsu: 300/525
Genjutsu: 120/525
Chakra Control: 300/525
Power level: 1605
Yen Stipend: 5,000
A-Rank
Old OOC Rank: A Rank
Stat Cut: N/A
New Stats:
Agility: 365/525
Taijutsu: 200/525
Ninjutsu: 350/525
Jutsu Mastery Swaps:

Keeping

E-Rank:

The One Two (Unarmed Tai) (Mastered)

Lethargy (Will De-buff Gen) (Mastered)

Pressurized Mist (Water Nin) (Mastered)

Water Gun (Water Nin) (Mastered)

Block (Buff Tai) (Mastered)

Grip (Buff Tai) (Mastered)

Fleeted (Buff Tai) (Mastered)

Transformation (Nin) (Mastered)

Bodyswitch (Nin) (Mastered)

D-Rank:

Combo Transformation (Nin)(Mastered)

Cancel (Nin)(Mastered)

Spirit Lantern (Nin) (Mastered)

Contract Summon (Nin) (Mastered)

Water Whip (Water Ninjutsu)(Mastered)

Aqua Fang (Water Ninjutsu)(Mastered)

Rinse Off (Water Ninjutsu)(Mastered)

C-rank:

Grand Waterfall (Water Ninjutsu) (Mastered)

B-Rank:

Water Shark Bomb (Water Nin) (Mastered)

A-Rank:

Refunding:

E-Rank:

Storm Bolt (Lightning Nin) (Mastered)

D-Rank:

Thunderclap (Lightning Nin) (Mastered)

Electroshock (Lightning Nin)(Mastered)

Electrocution (Lightning Nin)(Mastered)

C-rank:

Gravity distortion, C-Rank (Gravity Ninjutsu) (Mastered) *

Anti-Gravity, (Gravity Ninjutsu) (Mastered) *

Orbital Strike (Gravity Ninjutsu) (Mastered) *

Gravitational Pull (Gravity Ninjutsu) (Mastered) *

B-Rank:

Chidori (Lightning Nin) (Mastered)

Jutsu swap:

C-Ranked:

Skeletal fortification (Mastered)

System Restoration (Mastered)

Hypothermic touch (Mastered)

Arctic Aether (Mastered)

Other Refunds: N/A

Name of any Contract you currently own: N/A

Name of any Cursed Seals you currently own: N/A

Name of Kinjutsu you own: N/A

Still actively roleplaying in any other threads? No

Last edited:

Oshiro Saki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hello, and welcome back to Ninpocho!

Unfortunately, Hotaru's backstory doesn't fall in line with what would be expected from a medical chief. As it is, her specialty--negotiation and a movement towards diplomacy--is more in line with what would be expected in the main branch. While achieving high honors in medical school and observing surgeries would be acknowledged as having a familiarity with medicine and even work within the medical field, in moving towards negotiation and diplomacy, she has essentially left the medical branch. If you would like to keep her backstory as is and proceed with moving into the main branch, then we can proceed! I'm afraid that if you want to hold a chief medical position, her backstory will need to focus more on her medical work and training than on hostage negotiation. It is very possible for Hotaru to maintain the structure of her psychology background and hold a position in the medical field!

As a side note, would you please move the references to Hotaru viewing surgeries to take place during her time in medical school? It is unreasonable to assume a genin not being trained specifically for the medical branch would be allowed to do that.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OCR Form said:
Old Character Name: Wakahisa Chiyoko
Old Village/Missing: Kumogakure
OCR Type: Inactivity retirement
Last Known Where-abouts: Kumogakure
Old IC Rank: Jounin

New Character Name: Kawakami Hotaru
Preferred Username: Hotaru
New Village/Missing: Kumogakure
New BL/CA: Yuki (Hiyakagami)
Custom Class:
Custom Class said:
Grace (Veteran)
HP: (40 + 5 +lvl)
CP: (45 + 5 +lvl) x chakra control
Class Bonus: + 5% Auto-dodge & Auto-hit & + 5% Ninjutsu damage
High: Evasion, Ninjutsu Accuracy
Average: Melee accuracy, Genjutsu Save, Ranged Accuracy
Low: Puppet Accuracy, Genjutsu DC]
Main Branch/ANBU/Med-Nin: Main Branch
IC Rank: Jounin

Character Age: 26
Sex: Female
Character's Physical Description: Wisps of ebony black hair dot Hotaru's heart shaped lightly freckled face, escaping from the tied bun atop her hair, stragglers occasionally escaping from their prison. Many a man would call her unassuming, effervescent and large dark brown almond eyes run across her face with a practiced (and possibly faux) gentleness beneath them. Beneath that lies a small button nose and thin lips, smile lines drawing to their sides belaying her age. Her smile is not perfect, graced with white teeth with the slightest over bite, she feels it gives her character.Some would say she looked almost diminutive in stature, standing at barely 5'4" in shoes and weighing just over 100 lbs. Her skin is almost pale as driven snow, accented by the occasional freckling and some times tinged red when exacerbated or embarrassed.

Her attire typically skews more functional than traditional, often wearing a fairly standard crew cut blouse, the color of which changing day to day. She typically prefers riding trousers over most other pants, offering functionality and flexibility when needed. As far as shoe wear goes her choice is fairly standard, dark tanned tall boots a strap and buckle lining the ankles of both.

Her choice in accessories is typically modest, wearing a small chained interlinked necklace holding a small ring. She also carries a pair of rounded glasses, though they are exclusively for reading and more often than not end up broken in the fray of things.

Character's Mental Description: A small practiced smile belays her face most times, though it's hard to say if it's genuine, ever even headed Hotaru is not quick to anger and is often considered unflappable. A natural born diplomat she carries a way with words often able to deescalate situations with the practice of a hostage negotiator. While she may be soft spoken this does not mean she's meek, in fact the opposite may be true, internally she is what one might call a 'schemer' preferring to get what she wants through the art of persuasion and manipulation over intimidation and force. As they say, you catch more flies with honey.

While these characteristics suit her in her professional life, they don't sit nearly as well in her personal life. Hotaru tends to bottle her feelings, which can at times lead to bouts of depression, though she wouldn't let others know. It is often also difficult for her to figure out whether her emotions are genuine, feeling as though she often lives a lie. Often times she catches herself using the same tactics applied in her work to her home life, which is often deeply concerning to her, as though she does not intend to do the things she does. She often also has problems with accepting problems and negative emotions in her life, when pressed she will often act as if there is no problem in the first place, which can often times be emotionally exhausting for everyone involved.

Multiple Personality Application: N/A

Character History:

What goes up always comes down

"Your daddy was a good man, second generation immigrant from Mist before it went to shit. Worked his ass off for close to twenty years, served the people. Sorry for your loss.", The man speaking was young for a police captain, maybe early forties. Salt and pepper scruff dotted his face as his gaze broke from the girl standing next to him gazing off toward an open casket knowing the ceremony would be commencing soon. The young girl, she had just hit the tender age of thirteen and gotten out of the Shinobi academy, followed his gaze to her father, her eyes bloodshot though she had managed to get all her crying out the night prior. Her hands fiddled with the ring in her pocket, her father's, one of the few things that he left behind, "Thank you, sure he would appreciate you saying so." she replied idly her mind clearly focused on other matters.

Hotaru's eyes broke from the casket and moved toward her mother who was speaking to more people she had never met, before last night she had never seen her mother cry. She had always been a stone in the face of the wind, unmovable and unsaleable. Hotaru wondered if this would be the last and only time she would ever see the woman cry, grieving for a dead husband. " -- Take care of you." She only caught the end of what the salt and pepper haired officer said, gazing back at him quizzically, "Sorry?" she asked now giving her full attention to the man beside her, "He asked me to look after you, make sure you're going to be alright. If you ever need anything, or you get into trouble..." she had little response to this, the shock and numb of the situation still radiating through her.

With a heavy sigh the man grasped at Hotaru's shoulder, "Suppose I should go talk to your mother." and with that the man was off and the young girl was alone.

The battleaxe

That what her father called her mother. Rei was her birth name, but it wasn't heard often in the house it was always either 'mamma' or when she wasn't around 'the battleaxe' the nickname always eliciting a chuckle between a father and daughter and some cross eye from mamma. The moniker rang true, if Rei was anything she was a battleaxe, bull headed, stubborn, passionate, these were all words one could describe the woman as. Her family were immigrants from the land of water as well, she always claimed to she used to be a noblewoman, that her father's father used to hold land, though there wasn't much of a way to prove it. There was something she could prove, she was a Yuki even if her temperament said otherwise. The contrast was always funny, or at least daddy found it funny, that this woman was supposed to be the pinnacle of grace, able to control the very cold of the world, and yet she might have been one of the fieriest women he had ever met.

"Get up! It's nearly 5:30, sun will be up soon.", then a slam of the door loud enough to shake it's frame. With a heavy sigh Hotaru got up, reaching toward her night stand to the necklace holding her father's ring. It was days like this she missed him most, the only man in the world that could temper that beast, the battleaxe. It had been two years now, but it felt like the day before yesterday. Rei always assumed poppa would die on the job, saving the domestic rabble from themselves, but it wasn't meant to be that way. They had found out maybe a month before it happened, spinal lymphoma. But there was little time to dwell on that now, it was time for her pre-work lesson from mother dearest. Since dad died it had been a tradition, every morning at 5:30. Hotaru often times wondered what she did to deserve such treatment, though those thoughts were usually pushed away as her mother kissed her forehead and brought breakfast.

Hotaru would later be grateful for these early morning practices, there weren't many other Yuki within the bounds of the city, and besides there wasn't another teacher in the world quite like the battleaxe. She was a tough trainer, often times her daughter would leave battered and bruised, but it made her hard, it made it to where she could endure.

"Ours are ways of grace.", Her mother would often tell her, which was funny, though her movements in training belayed that of a seasoned Kunoichi that had fought her fair share of battle. Hotaru always envied her mother's way with the mirrors, they being perhaps the best she had ever heard of, let alone seen.

Ma, I'm going to med school.

Rei had always assumed her daughter's fascination with the medical arts had been a phase, that one day she would be a fine Shinobi worthy of battling the fiercest of warriors, not a something more akin to a doctor. It of course had not been a phase, and her young daughter had since developed to a fine young woman of 18. "Your father, he would have liked it.", The battleaxe sputtered out trying to hide the contempt behind her voice as she held her daughter tight, realizing that soon she would no longer be under the same roof. Hotaru tried to break the hold, failing miserably under the tight grasp her mother held over her before each managed to tell the other of their love for one another before Hotaru set off to leave.

With a sigh Hotaru headed out for greener pastures.

She had learned the basics of the medical field throughout her time as a genin, how to dress a field wound, how chakra effects the body, but this was something else entirely. Every day was memorizing book after book, edict after edict, days of rounds seemed to pass her like minutes. Until one day she found herself in a class she had never taken but had always had interest in, Psych 101 was written on the board in marker.

"We will be learning of ourselves my young students, what makes us tick, what makes us desire to continue to live through the difficult moments.", The professor took a second to breathe adjusting his jacket and sipping from the bottle of water on his desk. He was a portly man, jolly in most senses of the world with, balding atop his head as though all his hair had migrated to his beard. "This class will be covering the basics of psychology in the Shinobi world, and how to use it to your advantage. Know your enemies. There is also of course the more domestic use as well, helping our downtrodden brethren waylayed by the pain of our profession." Once again he paused to scan over the room to make sure he had held everyone's attention, which surprisingly he had. "There will be additional courses for those so inclined, this is the only one required. Further courses will be aptitude based, I can only give my attention to so many people." the professor continued on as Hotaru felt she might have found the most interesting subject yet.

Four years of school passed, each bringing more experiences than the last. Through those years the young woman had managed to not only become a competent doctor, able to do far more than just dress a wound now. She also left with the knowledge of appeasement strategies, deescalation, and the ability to analyze others with some competency.
It was time for the real world.

If you need anything...

A small smile dotted Hotaru's lips, walking into the department of domestic affairs, effectively a police office. The young secretary beamed right back at her, a young lad not a day over 18 "How can I help you?" he asked in a sing-song voice. "I would like an audience with Chief Kanda." the young boy's smile quickly faded to an expression of near indifference, "You need an appointment." she did not. "If you could phone him I would greatly appreciate it. He's a family friend, tell him Kawakami's daughter is here to see him." Eyeing her for a brief moment and still being greeted by a slight smile the officer huffed and did as asked, and was quickly prompted to guide Hotaru to Chief Kanda."Must be pretty good friends, he usually doesn't see people unless they have an appointment friend or not." Hotaru by and large ignored the young man's probing into who she was, her hand moving to grab the manila folder beneath her arm.

The young man opened the glass double door to the chief's office, he was a few years older and his hair was more salt than pepper, but other than that he looked the same man as he did ten years ago, "Kawakami-San, to what do I owe the pleasure?" he asked standing from behind his desk to give Hotaru a hug before sitting again. Yet before she could manage to offer her explanation the chief cut in jovially, "How's your mother? I apologize that I haven't been able to drop in as frequently as I used to, work takes up most of my time." he almost sounded remorseful toward the end. "She's doing well, as temperamental as ever." Hotaru joked lightly catching a chuckle from the chief as he reorganized a stack of papers atop his desk. "But this isn't a social call Koda-San.", Hotaru stated with a sense of determination behind her words catching the chief raising his brow, "Sure, something I can help with?" he asked putting his papers down to give the young woman his full attention as she placed her folder on the table.

"I would like a job, school's out." for a brief second Chief Kanda's demeanor darkened before returning to a more neutral disposition with a heavy sigh rubbing his hands across his face, "Rei would kill me. She nearly killed me when I convinced your father to join." Hotaru never knew her parents had met before his father started work, it was actually rather surprising. "I'm guessing you didn't tell her you were going to ask me for a job?" she hadn't, "She would try to talk me out of it. Knowing her she'd want me to join the ANBU or something ridiculous." Hotaru replied after exhaling loudly. "Just take a look at my c.v., you can decide afterward." Leaning back in her seat she eyed the man on the other side of the desk with measured interest, "Med school, top marks on your physicals, graduated magna cum laude," not just magna cum laude "Salutatorian." she interjected with some mild pride. Clearing his throat Chief Koda glanced over the young woman briefly before moving back to the papers before him, "Specialty in psychology, kid you could do anything and you want to work here?" he questioned forlornly closing the package, before she could manage to interject the man on the other side of the table held his hand out as if to hush her, "I get it, you want to follow in his footsteps right? Do what he did?" the question clearly rhetorical Hotaru sat back as the chief pushed the folder back to her.

"I'd like to work hostage negotiation, yes." Her reply garnered a loud groan from the man across from the table, "Why don't you go work at the hospital, kid? You'd be able to help a lot more people that way." he pleaded though it was obvious from the expression on her face that she hadn't been convinced. Sitting up straight young Hotaru flattened out her blouse before peering over to the chief, "You said if I ever needed anything I could come to you. Now I have the experience to do this, I have the skills, I can be an asset. I'm not asking for charity, just asking for an opportunity." and once again Chief Koda groaned loudly, it seemed she wasn't going to back down "Fine, but you better make sure your mother doesn't come and murder me, lord knows she would do it." and with a smile and a handshake young Hotaru had began her work.

Let's make a deal.

Why did they have to do this in the middle of the day, Hotaru questioned looking into the jewelry store. Three armed men stood inside holding the staff, just another day. They had already agreed to talk over radio which had already made her job easier, "What can we do to get those people out of there?" a brief few seconds of silence passed as she watched the men intently, thinking about how long the standoff had been going on before she had been called in. "Anybody hungry, thirsty?" she questioned as sympathetically as she could before a response came over her radio, "We need food." simple and straight to the point, she liked it. "We'll get you some food then, how is everyone doing in there? Everybody alright?" Her eyes moved away from the store signaling for a man to go grab some sandwiches, the response was curt once again "No one's hurt, we're trying to keep it that way." well at least they were a little sensible. "Good, we don't want anyone getting hurt on our end either. So what can I do to make sure none of those people end up hurt?", She pleaded trying her best to keep the stress level of the situation down "We want safe passage." of course they did, that's what everyone asks for at first.

The man carrying the food rushed back, putting it at the foot of the door as a man briefly peeked out to grab it before retreating, "I can't promise you that. What I can promise is if you cooperate I will personally speak on your behalves. That goes a long way, right now you're all looking at twenty to thirty years. I could maybe get you five." lying was never a good strategy during these situations, they know you're lying it breaks trust and the situation breaks down further. "Not good enough, how about we try this again? You let us leave or I start flaying people?" a moment of worry flashed over the young woman's face as she thought of what he said, 'I start flaying people' not we. Maybe the others aren't as enthusiastic, "Well if you do that everyone of you gets the death penalty, murder and accessory to murder." her tone just as level as before Hotaru glanced once again to see the group arguing. Two tried to leave, only to be struck out by the main perpetrator, Hotaru watched in mild interest as the three began fighting among each other followed by three loud pops, the window of the shop shattering, luckily no one was hit as her men pounced upon the trio ending the situation. Fucking idiots. She thought to herself putting the radio down.

Four years of this passed, the successes outweighed the losses thirty to one, but it still weighs on you, that one situation is all it takes for your stomach to flip. Hotaru sat in her office, the week had been quiet so far, which was always pleasant. It also meant that she'd have time to focus on the mountains of paper work she had to do, it often times felt like she was doing 95% paper work to 5% helping people. "Kawakami-San?" A voice called out as she looked upward to an unfamiliar face, a rather plain looking woman in her mid to late thirties smiled down toward Hotaru offering her hand. After standing and giving the woman a quick handshake Hotaru immediately asked curiously, "I don't believe we've had the pleasure, Mrs?" it wasn't every day she had unknown guests show up to her desk. "Mrs. Oda. I in part with many others handle the diplomatic affairs of our great city. I was wondering if you had a moment to spare?" With a slight smile Hotaru gestured for the woman to sit, this wasn't the first time someone from the diplomatic envoy had dropped in on her.

"I'm here to see if you had changed your mind yet, we believe you could be a greater asset to our country as a diplomat," Hotaru had to interject before the woman continued "As opposed to saving lives you mean?" pondering the woman's choice of words with the slightest of grins. "Yes, that's exactly what I mean. You may save people, but we save countries. Stop wars, assist the impoverished, you can see where I'm going with this." This was the first time someone had actually told her that their job was more important than hers and it stung a bit, though she certainly wouldn't show it as her earlier grin remained plastered on her face, "I see. So what are you offering me this time that you didn't offer me the last?" Hotaru questioned leaning toward the woman across her desk, "I offer the opportunity to help further serve your country and it's people, I figured as someone who has rarely stepped outside the bounds of the country it might also appeal to somone like you. Get the wanderlust out before you go grey in the hair."

Four years of dealing with hostile threats everyday, it might be a nice change of pace if everyone Hotaru dealt with wasn't holding a gun or knife on someone, though she had no doubt they would be just as hostile in other ways. "I suppose your people's persistence has paid off, it might be nice to get out in the field." a Cheshire grin stood upon the face of Mrs. Oda who gently clapped her hands together in excitement, "Excellent, we shall organize a transfer of departments. Take the rest of the week off, and someone should come by your house to go over the monetary issues and benefits. It was beautiful speaking with you." once again the woman reached across the desk for a handshake which Hotaru accepted. It seems it's time for a change.

Clan Request: N/A

Death/Retirement Thread: N/A
Old Profile https://www.ninpocho.com/threads/wakahisa-chiyoko.41132/
Old Training: https://www.ninpocho.com/threads/wakahisa-chiyoko.41170/page-4#post-238858
Old Dojo: https://www.ninpocho.com/threads/wakahisa-chiyoko-dojo.49684/#post-238187

Special Usergroups: N/A

Old Stats:
Agility: 315/525
Taijutsu: 300/525
Ninjutsu: 300/525
A-Rank
Old OOC Rank: A Rank
Stat Cut: N/A
New Stats:
Agility: 365/525
Taijutsu: 200/525
Ninjutsu: 350/525
Jutsu Mastery Swaps:

Keeping

E-Rank:

The One Two (Unarmed Tai) (Mastered)

Lethargy (Will De-buff Gen) (Mastered)

Pressurized Mist (Water Nin) (Mastered)

Water Gun (Water Nin) (Mastered)

Grip (Buff Tai) (Mastered)

Fleeted (Buff Tai) (Mastered)

Transformation (Nin) (Mastered)

Bodyswitch (Nin) (Mastered)

D-Rank:

Combo Transformation (Nin)(Mastered)

Cancel (Nin)(Mastered)

Spirit Lantern (Nin) (Mastered)

Contract Summon (Nin) (Mastered)

Water Whip (Water Ninjutsu)(Mastered)

Aqua Fang (Water Ninjutsu)(Mastered)

Rinse Off (Water Ninjutsu)(Mastered)

C-rank:

Grand Waterfall (Water Ninjutsu) (Mastered)

B-Rank:

Water Shark Bomb (Water Nin) (Mastered)

A-Rank:

Refunding:

E-Rank:

Storm Bolt (Lightning Nin) (Mastered)

D-Rank:

Thunderclap (Lightning Nin) (Mastered)

Electroshock (Lightning Nin)(Mastered)

Electrocution (Lightning Nin)(Mastered)

C-rank:

Gravity distortion, C-Rank (Gravity Ninjutsu) (Mastered) *

Anti-Gravity, (Gravity Ninjutsu) (Mastered) *

Orbital Strike (Gravity Ninjutsu) (Mastered) *

Gravitational Pull (Gravity Ninjutsu) (Mastered) *

B-Rank:

Chidori (Lightning Nin) (Mastered)

Jutsu swap:

C-Ranked:

Hypothermic touch (Mastered)

Frigid Ice Blast (Mastered)

B-Ranked:

Ice Transmutation

Other Refunds: N/A

Name of any Contract you currently own: N/A

Name of any Cursed Seals you currently own: N/A

Name of Kinjutsu you own: N/A

Still actively roleplaying in any other threads? No

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Done and done, switched off to main and removed the bit about sitting in entirely. Also made a slight tweak to the Jutsu swap, dropping two C-Ranked for one B.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Name: Approved
Description: Approved
History: Approved
BL: Approved
IC Rank: Requires Sennin approval (I'll point them over here)
Swaps: Pending other councillors eyes. (We gotta calculate the yen and ASP you get from the jutsus and add them to your account, and from there, you gotta buy them manually from the shop and master them in your new training topic.)

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Approved!!!

Refunds and Reimbursement done! If you need help on how the shop works here's a guide on how to purchases jutsu through the shop!​

1579166988027 (1).png

1579167281821 (1).png
1579167821771 (1).png

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Done and done, switched off to main and removed the bit about sitting in entirely. Also made a slight tweak to the Jutsu swap, dropping two C-Ranked for one B.
Quick note: The username Hotaru is already taken, so I've gone ahead and given you the full character name as username. Your rank is also approved, so you should be good to go now.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back