Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Influential eyes [Private]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The ancient forest was a place of danger for the average man. Lurking beasts, poisonous plant life, enemy nin hiding in the shadows looking for easy targets. No normal person could survive long on their own. Luckily, the white haired boy that sat on the forest floor was a bit more than that. Even if he was only a ninja in training he had the capabilities to survive, and train here.

Today was no different than any other day of intense training. He helped at the tea shop, did some basic form and target training at the Colosseum, then came here for more hands-on experience. His usual black, and white haori outfit was replaced with a basic t-shirt with armor plating underneath and baggy pants, and both were showing signs of overuse with dirt, and tearing. Ryuichi himself was dirty, but otherwise had no injuries. He simply sat on the ground silently with his eyes closed.

When he opened his eyes he was met with a small rumbling in the ground. He shot up, and pulled a white kodachi from a hidden sheath in his pant leg, waiting for whatever caused it.

From the thick greenery of the forest soon came a massive boar with one broken tusk. The beast was over 10 feet tall, and covered in scars that stopped it's thin fur's growth in select spots over it's own body. When it saw Ryuichi it came in for an attack, making the ground shake. With a blink of his eye, Ryuichi caused a small screeching sound to resonate from him as his single-tomo'd Sharingan came to life. And with a single glare, and a flinch from Ryuichi the massive boar simply stopped running, and fell to the ground on it's side, squeeling as if in pain.

"Will Genjutsu- Sear of the mind." Ryuichi said, breathing heavily due to the strain of chakra that he was yet to get used to. The boar would get up soon due to this being nothing but illusionary pain. Right now Ryuichi had two options. Try and get a clean kill on the boar, or relocate to continue meditation.

Before he could make a decision his red eyes caught faint movement from the shadows on the forest in the same direction the boar came from...

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Aw, man… this is just great,” said Doi as he rubbed the back of his head. The genin was currently seated on the floor of a clearing in the Ancient Forest covered in dirt and leaves. His naturally white hair replete with noticeable brown specs. He’d been running around the forest in pursuit of the largest boar he’d seen in his life. Unfortunately for him, he wasn’t paying too much attention to the obstacles in front of him. Therefore, eventually losing his footing while leaping amongst the forest trees.

Releasing a deep sigh of dissatisfaction, Doi stood up from the forest floor and dusted himself off. He was an experienced Genin with a shot at becoming a Chuunin soon, and something like this was unacceptable. His colleagues would never let him live this down if they’d found out and hopefully they wouldn’t.

The beast hadn’t gotten too far away if the slight tremors he felt were anything to go by. With that in mind, the boy took off in the direction he felt the tremors were originating from. Eventually arriving upon quite the scene as he did so.

The giant boar he’d been chasing was now on the ground, laying on its side. In front of it stood a boy, not much younger than himself. The first thing the genin noticed about the boy was that he had white hair much like his own.

Seeing the boy looking towards his direction with an activated sharingan, Doi was quick to raise his hands in front of himself in an attempt at signifying he meant no harm. He wasn’t here to fight, after all.

”Easy, easy… I was just chasing after the boar.” He said as he slowly inched closer.”I’m Doi, nice to meet you.” He stuck out his right hand, offering a handshake.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryuichi saw the other white-haired boy walk into view, and slowly walked to the boar. He looked back at Doi, and said quietly. "Right. Names later. Help me with this." He said, before walking back over to the front of the boar. He looked into it's eyes to hit it with his genjutsu once more, and winced as his sharingan deactivated. He was already running out of chakra after all this time training on top of the recent energy usage.

Ryuichi walked to the side of the beast as it flailed in pain, noting the pain it was in. The pain he caused. He didn't really feel sympathy for it, however the thought was a bit troublesome so he wanted this thing dead, or restrained as soon as possible. "You were chasing this, yeah? Did you want it dead, or alive?" He asks, holding his kodachi to the boar.

"It's pretty huge. Ya never know how big things can get in a place like this. There must be a lot of chakra around here to naturally grow animals like this, doncha think? But I guess that's how contract summons all became a thing..." He said in a droll to himself. As he went on talking the boar started to come back to it's senses, and started struggling. "Shit, ya better choose. I can't use my genjutsu anymore."

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I was just following it out of curiosity to be honest," Doi replied to the boy's inquiry. The genin startled the large beast by popping up in front of it while it was sipping some water from a nearby lake. All in all, he was the reason why the large boar was running rampant in the first place. There really wasn't a need to kill it. It didn't appear to be blood thirsty... at least not to him.

Upon realizing the boar was starting to gain back its senses, the younger boy voiced his inability to perform another genjutsu to keep it sedated for much longer. Seeing this, Doi wordlessly walked up to the downed boar while channeling some of his chakra towards his hands. The genin's hands now enveloped by his unique colored magenta lightning chakra. The 15-year old crouched down and placed both hands on the exposed side of the beast's rib cage. Breathing in and releasing a short breath, Doi forced a small portion of his chakra into the boar's body. His plan was to immobilize the beast's muscles through the use of his chakra's lightning nature to immobilize the beast for a few minutes more. He had to be careful not to force too much chakra or he'd risk actually injuring the beast.

As the beast stopped moving and was no longer shrieking in agony, Doi took this as a sign of his success. The genin stood up and turned towards the younger shinobi in training.

"Let's get up into the trees and wait until it wakes up," </COLOR><i></i>Doi said. <COLOR color="#8000FF">"It shouldn't be long." He used a high vertical leap to get himself into the nearest tree immediately after and stood on a branch that would be out of the boar's view.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With Doi's command Ryuichi nodded, and jumped up into a tree. Looking down at the electrocuted boar Ryuichi grinned, and nodded. He moved his head back and forth to scan his surroundings in an attempt to look for the other kumo boy. Once Ryuichi had spotted him he infused chakra into his legs to give him an extra pump of energy to leap towards the very same tree.

Upon arrival Ryuichi began to speak in a quiet voice as to avoid any kind of additional problems with the animal below. "Name's Otani Ryuichi. You can use my given name, though. I've never bothered with formal stuff." He said with a hand raised. He stood up, and put his weight into the trunk of the tree. "I was just here trying to learn genjutsu. I've always been.....terrible at it. All I can do is the one ya just saw. Nothing but a bad headache."

He looked Doi over once more to get a grasp on his posture, outfit, and mannerisms. This guy didn't seem much like much of a threat, considering he was a kumo nin and he went as far as to help, but that doesn't excuse Ryuichi from trying to broaden his skills in analyzing someone. Doi looked to be roughly 14 to 16 years old to Ryuichi with noticeable muscle. Both Doi's, and Ryuichi's hair matched with it's snowy white appearance, and that gave the student a feeling of familiarity while not knowing much about him.

Noting that there wasn't much reason to stay longer, Ryuichi decided to start a conversation. "So....lightning release, ye? I was told I have an affinity for it, but it's kind of hard for me to grasp. I feel way more comfortable with fire ninjutsu...how exactly do you control it so easily?"

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Crouched on the branch of a tree that overlooked the boar’s fallen form, Doi watched on as the giant creature stood up. The bit of chakra he’d put into it must’ve calmed it down a bit since it was no longer acting frantically. That, accompanied by not seeing the two kids anywhere in sight, lead to the boar steadily walking off in the direction he’d ran in from. Doi was still highly intrigued by it, undoubtedly so, but it was best to just let the boar go. In all honesty, he was just happy that the boar hadn’t hurt himself too much during its rampage.

The younger boy he just encountered jumped toward the tree he was on and took the chance to properly introduce himself to Doi. His name was Ryuichi. It seemed he’d been practicing with genjutsu prior to Doi and the boar interrupting. “I see… I don’t know much about Genjutsu myself,” said the genin. “Basically just know how to dispel it.” He had never bothered learning any Genjutsu in the past so he wasn’t sure if he had an affinity for it, he did highly doubt it, though.

Continuing the conversation, Ryuichi brought up Doi’s usage of lightning release. Now this was a topic he had lots of experience with. As much as a 15-year-old genin could have at least. “Well,” he started. ”Lightning, just like fire, can be pretty hard to control since it tends to move the way it wants sometimes.” Doi brought up his two hands and pumped chakra into them. This leaf to them being enveloped in a flickering, bright display of magenta lightning. “I’ve never really had much of an issue with it, it just comes to me pretty easily” he said staring into the bright chakra that covered hands. “But,” he started again as he balled his hands into fists and stopped channeling chakra into them. “There’s always room for me to improve,” he finished with a sigh.

“Anyway, any clue how that boar got so big? It looked about the size of a small summon, think it was one?”

[WC: 350] [MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryuichi saw Doi effortlessly mold electricity in his hands with a sense of awe. It's magenta color alone was enough to surprise someone who was inexperienced like Ryuichi was. He nodded, and let a small amount of lightning-release chakra into his own hands, and watched as a few sparks danced out of his finger tips in the much more commonly found shade of blue. "Right. I have no problems with fire jutsu simply because I can imagine what it can do better....if that makes any sense." The electricity forming in his hands vanished, and was soon replaced with fire covering both of his hands, and seeming to dance around much more violently than a normal fire, as if it was a video of a fireplace being played in fast forward.

"I kinda know how it works. I can imagine how it spreads, how it can move, it's heat, and everything in between. With electricity, I only know the basics...Like the things it conducts with, how it tries to ground itself, and stuff like that. Otherwise it feels like I can't control it in the slightest." The fire then diminished slowly until it was nothing but a small wisp of fire in his right palm. "But ya know. I should really focus more on basics. I can't be spending so much time with another elemental release like this."

Ryuichi then looked down, noting that the boar had left, and realized that he should thank the person who had shown up to help. "Ah, right. Thanks for helping with that. I imagine it couldn't be a summon since it didn't talk, or anything along those lines. I think it just got big because only a few clans spend their time out here regularly, and most hunting is dangerous. This place probably has a lot of lingering chakra to help it grow, too."He noted, letting himself sit down on the branch. "Speaking of summons, do you have one? My sensei can summon birds..." He shivered, as if remembering a traumatic event. "A....lot....A lot of birds."

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Doi waved off Ryuichi’s thanks. “No need to thank me, I’m the reason it was running around like that.” The whole situation could’ve been prevented. Had Ryuichi been injured, the blame would’ve fallen on Doi’s hands and Doi’s hands alone. It looked like the younger boy hadn’t graduated from the academy yet. Endangerment of an academy student wouldn’t look good on anyone's record. Especially someone who was so close to grasping Chuunin. Luckily enough, Ryuichi was able to quickly react to the threat.

“That seems like a good enough assumption,” Doi said in response to Ryuichi’s claim. It didn’t look like the Boar could talk at all. The genin also doubted the existence of a boar contract since he hadn’t heard of it before. The forest’s abundance of chakra and natural energy must’ve really been having an effect on the wildlife that called it home.

“Do I have a summoning contract?” Doi repeated as he sat down on the branch just as Ryuichi had. “No, not yet.” He paused for a moment to listen to the sounds of the forests. “I do plan on getting one soon, though. Maybe like snakes or something. That’d be cool.” The genin didn’t really care much about what exactly he got at this point. Just about anything would do. “Your sensei has a contract with the birds? That’s pretty neat. Can they summon all kinds of birds or just a specific type?” Doi turned to Ryuichi. “If you could choose a contract for yourself, what would it be?”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Ah, well I've only seen him summon one bird itself, and it wasn't any kind of normal bird. It had a human face, and it was uhm...on fire? Animals can get strange when they get enough chakra." He rubbed his fist against his sore left eye. The increased use of chakra being used in his eyes to utilize his sharingan was still a new concept for Ryuichi, so he commonly poured in way more than needed, causing eye pains from time to time. "But ya see, bird contract summons have this really cool jutsu that let's them control an entire flock of birds that go nuts. One day for training he used it on me, and told me to avoid what I could...My arm is still bruised from it!" He said with a laugh.

"As for me...well.. I saw my sensei enter this really cool form where he looked like his summon. I did some research and saw that really talented contract wielders can enter a state like that called 'sage mode'. I wanna learn to do that and see what I can do...But ya know, if I just had to pick one right away I'd pick something like the bird contract my sensei has so I can fly. That sounds like fun, dunnit?" He asks, pulling away his fist to let his aquamarine eye catch what little sunlight filtered through the treetop.

"I'd imagine snakes would be cool to have. Being able to have reliable poison on hand seems really nice for some missions. They're also reeaally slippery. Erm....As in hard to get a hold of. Not as in...ya know, like a frog, yeah?" He put his hands down onto the branch below, and nodded. Anyone with a sharp mind could tell at this point he was calmed down from his serious demeanor that he took on when training, or fighting due to his speech becoming more casual, and caring less on enunciation. Ryuichi would even notice at some points and try to correct himself at times, but due to his chakra exhaustion at the moment he didn't really care to think of it."Speaking of hard jutsu and the like...are there any you're trying to learn? Anything cool?"

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Doi nodded in response to the younger boy's inquiry. "Yes, there is actually. I'm working on this one jutsu. It's called Raiton: Kuropansa (Lightning Release: Black Panther). Pretty cool stuff." He dropped from where he was seated and on to the forest floor. "I might as well show you now that the boars gone."

Taking deep breath in preperation, Doi began to speed through the numerous hand signs the technique required. The genin stopped on the last hand sign and held it until a thick coating of black electricity began to envelope his entire form. "Raiton: Kuropansa!" Doi said as he scrunched his left hand into a claw like position, forcing the arm outward in front of him while putting the right one behind him. This motion sent a large panther made purely of black lightning chakra outwards and into the trees in front. Bursting into a large spectacle of obsidian electricity upon contact. Once the dust settled, all that remained along the path the panther took where a multitude of scorch marks.

"I want to get to the point where I can use this technique without hand signs. With practice I should get there... eventually." He started as he turned to look in Ryuichi's direction."In any case, you should probably get back to practising your genjutsu. If you ever need help with lightning release, just let me know. You can usually find me just walking around the village unless I'm on a mission."

Doi figured he'd already taken up too much of Ryuichi's training time with the whole giant boar fiasco. "I'll see you around, Ryuichi!"

With that said, Doi jumped off into the trees.

[Topic Left. Let's do this again soon!]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryuichi kept himself up in the tree as Doi decided to show off his current project. His calm attitude and demeanor quickly changed to one of awe as a beast of black lightning swept through the forest, destroying most plant life that came into it's path.

The cloud student then jumped down onto the forest floor with a huge grin. "Jeeeeeeez that would sting to get hit by. If you could use it instantly then most people wouldn't get the chance to react, ya know?" He stated, noting that the level of control needed must have been crazy. It really just showed the gap between just a student, and even the lowest ranking ninja. "I know you can do it, man! You already have the jutsu down. It's just a matter of habit, and control now." With that, Ryuichi let himself sit down on the forest floor with crossed legs in a single, swift motion.

"And I'll try to find ya if I need any extra help, bud. I really need to learn this though...Thanks for the advice on lightning release!" He said, waving as Doi left. Before he was too far gone, he decided to shout one last thing. "Oh! TRY OUT THE TEASHOP NEAR THE COLOSSEUM! I CAN PROBABLY GET YA A FREE DANGO!" He said with a smile before noting that Doi was long gone.

Now, without any distractions, or massive boar Ryuichi closed his eyes and tried to gather more chakra. He had plenty more, despite not being used to using so much. He just needed to draw it out.

[Topic ended. For sure, we can do this again!]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back