Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Inuzuka Kohaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Name: Inuzuka Kohaku

Physical Description: Kohaku stands at around 5'2" and has rather shaggy light-brown hair, indictative of a semi-primal life, living with his family both partially as members of Konoha, and also denizens of the expansive forest. He carries the common traits of his kin; light-brown but slitted eyes, rather catlike, as well as prominent fangs and claws and the claw-like warpaint serving as the uniform of his family. Aside from these, he carries the hallmarks of less-than-wealthy adolescence; slightly baggy clothes, second-hand equipment, but otherwise an extremely average appearance for a child his age. His companion, Shiromaru, is a small, light-creme coloured Shiba Inu, adorned with a blue neckerchief: Kohaku and Shiromaru

Mental Description:
Kohaku carries the same intense pride as the majority of his clansmen, with the signature over-confidence and hotheadness, but from a history of brutal combat, his father has done his utmost to instill caution in him. Having lived a life divided equally between wilderness and civilisation, he often displays rather awkward social manners, becoming easily overexcited, much like a puppy, often with little regard as to how his peers regard him. Aside from this, he is generally friendly and amenable, quick to trust, though deeply mistrustful of people at the first hint of suspicion.

History:

Kohaku was born in Konohagakure, to the Inuzuka clan on the outskirts of civilsation. An upbringing of both urban mundanity and unruly wilderness. The boy's mother was closely tied to the concept of family, the clan being her life; medically trained, she mainly looked after the canine companions of the clansmen when they came to injury, or else rescuing strays from the wilds. Kohaku's father had formlerly been an ANBU captain, working closely with his faithful partner, Aomaru, a large, shaggy, black dog who carried a certain air of authority in his own right. Kohaku, himself, was raised just much by Aomaru as he was his mother and father, put under the care and tutelage of the old dog whenever the other two weren't around. When the boy's pre-academic physical training began, the relationship between him, his father, and Aomaru would become much more tense, both pushing him to ideal physical competence, for such a young age. When he was 8, he was to be fully academically enrolled.

Just over two years later several other pups arrived. A litter of about three of them were suddenly running about the house before Kohaku’s father could get a handle on them. It seemed Aomaru had his paws full too, keeping them under control as best he could while making sure they got plenty of exercise from playing outside, something which Kohaku was encouraged to join in with as well. One of them, a cream-furred Shiba Inu puppy seemed remarkably like Kohaku in many ways; both of them would play around in the mud together and were often getting lost while chasing butterflies and rabbits. Naturally, Aomaru had to keep gathering them up but the little Shiba and shinobi were always together and one in the same, getting lost together and getting upset together when they were scolded by the old dog for running off. As the two began to grow together, they became close friends, completely inseparable just like Aomaru and his master. Growing up, they were barely ever seen apart; two little puppies sharing the same spirit, the same dreams, and the same aspirations. A bond was forged and nothing was going to stop them as they would grow stronger and closer together, day by day.

"It’s time for teamwork to be incorporated into your training Kohaku."

"Teamwork? What do you mean?" The young shinobi asked curiously, giving a small head-tilt in confusion.

"Your destiny, both of you,"
the man said, gesturing to the young Shiba, "the fact that you and Shiromaru have formed such a close bond is a clear sign to me that you’re ready to learn the secrets of what our family is capable of."

Kohaku simply gave a bemused look, looking down beside him at Shiromau, the Shiba puppy who was eagerly awaiting instruction from his new master while energetically wagging his tail about.

"We form such tight-knit bonds with our canine allies that we began to act as they do, even look as they do. Those claws and teeth of yours will make for deadly weapons in the real world and that sensitive nose will be a vital tool as they have been for me." Kohaku had already begun to inherit a bestial appearance from his father and mother, traits which made them all look savage and vicious, though Kohaku’s personality was becoming more and more intense as he grew up; he became hyperactive and could hardly sit still, at the same time he was becoming more excitable and energetic. After all, the Inuzuka were certainly known for their courage and fiery attitude, especially on the field of battle where it would matter the most.

"Not only do we share traits from our canine allies, but they too share traits and take after us. Our ninken are far more intelligent than the average 'pet' and can intelligently communicate with us without any kind of difficulty." That was why Aomaru was more like a parental figure to Kohaku than just a family pet, though his speech ability seemed rather unusual; he was capable of understanding what Shiromaru was saying to him, but it was more a fact that they could speak the same language in a way - his barks, growls, cries, and whimpers were sort of translated inside of his head and likewise for Shiromaru being able to understand him perfectly in turn.

"All of our family members share this bond with their ninken- your aunties and uncles, Kohaku. We are born to the Inuzuka clan and now you’re ready to learn about your birthright; how to use such a strong bond in battle to protect your home and your fellow villagers from danger."

Shiromaru let out an excited growl and so did Kohaku; the two were ready to train with Kohaku’s father and learn about all of the magnificent things they’d be capable of achieving together. This was going to be but the start of a long and fruitful brotherhood with both of them striving to ultimately prove themselves to the world

Bloodline/Core ability: Inuzuka

(( OOC: I must explain something as I submit this; I've come and gone from this site a lot (I've been here since at least 2009/2010, and my most recent character was in 2019; this very character in fact. But I really would like to use this character again but start from -complete- scratch, with a very slightly altered history, if that is acceptable. It feels so good to be back! I also want to say, I want to keep this character history reeeeelatively vague and develop it as I go ))

Last edited:

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back