Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Isobe, Eishi's Punchout [Tutor]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Another day, another dollar I needed to make. Taking on tutors was honestly the best way to make it and today I had lost the rock paper scissors of who had to take on the class this time. My spear had lost the last three, so I had it coming at some point. I swore my displeasure at my loss, obviously, but I kept up my promise and begrudgingly decided on a decent place. It was a gym this time. The place had been owned by a contact of mine who I had saved from a bad spot. Dude owed me, anyway, so I rented the gym for the month, no charge. It looked (and smelled) like a sweaty fish house. That was more than likely because the area directly above the gym was a known fish market here in the slums. Regardless, it tinged the air quite a bit, even down here. Anyway, this place had a ring, a number of weights, and enough boxing mates to make no mistake on what it was. I was currently lightly equipped. Wearing my under armor, some wrapping around my single hand, and not much else. My spear was a couple kilometers away doing her job. It was strange feeling a connection to that damned weapon. I felt like I was in two places at once and it gave me a slight case of vertigo. The pain and nausea were lessening by the minute, but even as I had gotten used to the separation months ago, it still felt like a tingle at the back of my head at this range. A hell of a lot like a migraine if I was being honest, but nothing like what it got at about twenty kilometers where it was downright crippling. I could only assume it would be death any further out. Currently, it was just distracting, though pretty ignorable.

As I waited for the intended student to show up for some one-on-one tempering. I was going hard on one of the bags, throwing hammer blows, jabs, and elbow swings to distract myself and warm up. I was already pretty fired up at this point, but I was still trying to bring up a sweat when I accidentally punctured a hole through the sandbag going in for an elbow cut.

“Damn it,” I cursed as the inner sand began falling out. I rubbed the back of my head looking around and making sure I wasn’t forgetting anything. I just needed to be up in the ring, ready in one of the corners, looking 'intimidating’ whenever I heard the student enter the place. Regardless, I was already warmed up enough it seemed, so I’d make my way to the intended spot and take a seat in one of the corners. I grabbed my nearby bottle of water and took a swig as I began my wait. I knew he was going to be here soon, my spear was hot on his trial.

Aragi Onigake

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Walking through this "new" Cronopolis felt weird to me, and with good reason. The kind of place I liked to call home had most of the buildings torn down around it, many of the shortcuts I'd normally take to get through were replaced with construction sites. I may be young but it's still feels like just yesterday some of these places were abandoned buildings I'd find myself rummaging around in looking for treasure. But no more. I stopped for a moment, the area around me definitely not the same as it was before, some of the places I know still left lying around, gathering dust for the sake of a "rustic" feel. I couldn't dwell on it too much though, walking on my normal path without thinking, to be met with a decently high fence with a sign labeled, 'Construction Zone.' I turned to walk around the zone or find a different path, but not even twelve paces away I turned back, went to the sign, and spat. "Nope." Searching around for a bit, I was able to find a hole in the fence that was big enough for me to crawl through and sneaked right in. Most of the construction seemed to be in its early stages, small hills and other evidence that the land was recently reshaped by earth-jutsu users. Aside from that the area was littered with other construction equipment, and from further inspection I could see the blueprints laid out on a table. Normally I'd take a look but there was no time for that, I had to be quick or I'd be late. My main concern was my tutor flaking on me, with a weird suspicion i was being followed. Shaking my head furiously, I got rid of the thought and quickly ran through the site, ducking and weaving behind hills and storage units before I finally made it to the other side.

It wasn't long before I found the location of interest, a gym that seemed in a decent enough order, besides the smell obviously, but in some places that was a Cronopolis standard. I shook my head once again, getting rid of the nervous jitters that had overcome me. "It's just a one on one Oni, don't get cold feet..." Letting out one final heavy breathe, I opened the door. Inside the gym itself was pretty spacious, having most of the standard equipment that seemed to be required in a place like this, but usually lacking in a place like here. But that wasn't what was important. Looking more intently, he saw the ring in the center of the gym, with someone already there taking a swig of water. "Are you my tutor?"

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Aye, that’s me,” I confirmed the kid's thoughts as I got back up to my feet and threw a pair of boxing gloves at him with my one free arm.

“Get in. We got a month of training to bring you up to stuff and you don’t look like you’ll last the day. Best prove me wrong, or this’ll be over quickly,” I sneered as I cracked my joints and waited for what was sure to be a steaming off period for me. If I was lucky, I might even get someone worth bullying. Then again, it wasn't like he could be any worse than my last couple tutoring students. Every single one of them couldn’t dodge a house if it was standing in place, I swear. I’ve been reprimanded enough for injuring kids around my own age haphazardly by my superiors. Though, what did they expect? I had a hell of a teacher who gave no fucks about taking me out into the middle of a war zone when I was ten. If these kids wanted a good education, they’d have to fight for it, just like I did, damn it.

Today was no different, I had a new student who needed to toughen up, and there was no better way to do it then to smack him in the mouth and explain to him how he sucks and should give up on this life. If he could get through that, though, he might end up living into his twenties. Still wouldn't bank on that, however.

“You’ll be sparing hand to hand against me. I’ll get a decent read on your ability and we'll go from there,” I offered rather neutrally, though I was just giddy under the surface to be a bully after such a long abstinence. I motioned for him to get his gloves on and join the ring as soon as he could. The second he got into position up here, I’d be rushing him down, going in for a ‘light’ jab to his torso. It’d probably hurt regardless of whether he blocked it or not, but a solid hit was not going to be a nice feeling, I'm sure.

Aragi Onigake

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I looked up at my tutor with a smile. Finally I would get to fight! The nonchalant way he sat and got back up gave off a vibe of cockiness, and I couldn't wait to see how strong he was. I easily caught the pair of gloves in my hands, feeling out the texture before bowing at my soon to be sparring partner. "Thank you for taking me on!"

Before getting into the ring I had taken off my sweater, revealing a plain black shirt with bandages around my forearm and wrist. I examined the gloves once again before putting them on. Definitely used well. Looking back at my new tutor, examining the way he spoke and how he moved. I was definitely at a disadvantage, he was experienced and probably hit like a truck. Luckily for me I'm quite light on my feet but that wouldn't save me if he lands enough hits. I took a deep breathe, and mumbled, "Eyes open. Relaxed shoulders. Closed fist."

I turned back toward the ring looking up at him. "I will do my best!" I couldnt help but chuckle, my giddiness to drag out this fight and learn as much as I can was almost too obvious. I bounced on my feet, ready for a tough one.

Getting into the ring, I paid close attention to his words. Hand to hand, wonderful. Something I'm used to... Jutsus are hard for me to get a read on, but that's what the Academy is for. I nodded to let him know I understood, immediately going into a ready position. At the sudden rush that I faced, I tried to dodge by shifting my upper body out of the way, but I wasn't fast enough. The hit still connected with my forearm, and it hurt like hell, but a smile formed on my face. Using the momentum, I balanced myself, swinging my body around and trying to hit a right hook at his side.

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The kid named 'Aragi' if I recalled correctly, had some grit I'd give him that. I wasn't holding back on my punch, though, I also didn't enhance it much either. Make of it as you will, I was impressed and it didn't take much effort to dodge out of his right using good ole' Kensei-ryu. His footwork was shoddy at best, but it wasn't terrible and more importantly, I could work with it.

“Ha. Good reaction and you didn’t even wince. Know when you can guard and when you can dodge, however. I saw that hesitation and you didn't square your feet in time because of it," I rattled off as I threw a speedy elbow cut.

"I’ll exploit it until you fix it,” I added, back stepped and giving him a full set of teeth. a Cheshire-like grin plastered on my face as I went in for a couple more jabs before finishing with a flying knee to head. Another killer in the making doing the grind I mused to myself as I continued to beat on him.

"Come on boy, You're facing a one-armed opponent outside your weight class in unarmed combat. Whatcha' plan?" I drawled in mockery, slipping back into rural Kumo slang while also trying to be informative. I was just having to much fun seeing him struggle. He was the first to get tossed into the Eishi meatgrinder and I planned to turn out results. It had just best turn into a treat later on when he could actually give me a welterweight of a fight. I liked giving my opponent some hope before I pummeled it down again with disappointment. A sadist one I most definitely was, I admit it.

"Also, won't do it today, but best start wearing a sturdy cup or strap if you haven't already." I commented, reminding myself to give that warning before I had neglected to mention it or something. This was just the beginning and I had a lot of base styles to teach him in little over a month. Adaptability was king in a real fight and Aragi had best figure it out quick or quit the class like a bitch. It didn't really matter to me as long as I thought the class had a solid lesson or at least a decent learning application no matter how brutal I was making it.

Aragi Onigake

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I watched him move away, almost too fast for me to see. He left my swing only whiffing in the air, and that feeling sucked more than getting dropped in a fight on the first hit.

I only had a moment to react as he complimented me, and not enough to think of a response or come up with a easy way out of this one. I tried to dodge his elbow and was only barely able duck out the way. I did nod however to show that I understood, gritting my teeth and wiping sweat off me. "Jeez... "

Looking up, I gave back just as wild of a grin. This time I was ready for him. I was able to dodge the first swift jab, moving to the right, but the second jab hit dead on. For a moment my eyes were wide open, a smile still on my face as I threw up my hands to remove some of the impact from the incoming knee.

He only had one arm! Stupid.. Stupid. I should've noticed that. He plays it off well enough where I can't really see it. He moves like he doesn't lack one, almost as if he were born that way. But one less arm means one less opportunity to block. I swiftly took one step forward, then used that foot as a pivot to try and sweep with my other leg then attempt to thrust my elbow at him. "Blind spots!"

It was a bit of a half-baked attempt in all honesty.. But I don't have the knowledge of his movement or his style to create an effective counter against him just yet. But depending on how he'll react I'll know what to do moving forward. Anything I could do to get an edge in this fight, I'll try. "No way I'm quitting here. No way."

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I don’t know what caused him to feel the need to call out ‘blind spot’ as he went for an attack, but I gave him at least some satisfaction as it glance off barely even slowing me down as I kept going at him without much interruptions besides the occasional light jab he would land.

It become clear after some time that he could handle himself well enough. I went through the motions, dodging his attacks and delivering blows. It was only after about ten minutes of this I could tell he was approaching his limit. I had been continuously pushing him and his movements were growing dull. I decided to push his limits slightly more as I went for the armbar. He was roughly the same size as me and even with only one arm I easily manhandled him as I got a firm hold and began twisting his arm into my chest, waiting to see if he tapped out or not.

“Done well kid, but this is the end of the line. Tap out,” I told him, seeing how he’d react. Maybe he thought he had to pass some unknown barrier to proceed, but I left my words vague for a reason, after all. It was a good chance to see what kind of man he was, anyway. Some would beg and submit before it even got painful, but most would likely fight until the pain was too much. Even then, there were also some who would rather their arm broken then submit. I guess I was just going to find out which camp Aragi belonged to.

Aragi Onigake

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I landed the hit but it didn't seem to do much, my strength not even close enough to faze him. At least that's what I had come for though, to get stronger and better, and the more I got pummeled the more I could see.

What sucked for me though was that just seeing what to do wasn't much help when every opportunity I had was stopped before I had the energy to execute. Those ten minutes were a harsh try to survive mode where each hit brought me close to losing. I didn't want to lose, but I knew it was inevitable. Suddenly I was caught in an arm lock before I noticed, great...

My breathing was heavy and my body felt tired and numb. But what he said got to me. It was both frustrating and reassuring, and I didn't wanna just do well. I wanted to surpass his expectations. I shook my head at his instruction. If I said something I'd just be wasting precious energy and I didn't want to give. I tried a couple of different escapes, but my body didn't have the energy to pull it off. But I didn't tap out.

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Ha, tenacious to the end...", A light groan could be heard before I heard a crunchy 'snap!'. His elbow dislocating and tendons tearing as his arm bent the wrong way. at that point I let him go and got up to my feet, letting the kid suffer for a minute as I drank from my bottle of water. I leaned back on the ropes for another couple seconds as I looked at the damage I had inflicted. Assessing it over, I picked my nose, some buggers irritating me as I called out to Aragi.

"Woo, that there is some hyperextension. Some serious tendon tearing too, I reckon'. That's has got. To. Hurt~," I drawled once more as I came over, grabbed his arm and popped it back into place with another audible creak as it folded the correct direction. I didn't waste my time, figuring he suffered enough in that couple minutes I was resting before I went to town on his wound, healing the muscles and tendons in a rapid enough manner. When I was done, I tossed him a towel to wipe himself off with.

"You have ten minutes to rest yourself. That's all we'll be doing for today as far as fighting is concerned. I'll draft a workout for you, but I already have a few books on fighting styles planned out ahead of time. Here's what the tentative scheduled is for the month," I handed him the course material all free of charge cause I was such a nice guy. The pace of the course just as brutal as its contents. If he was expected to get the credit and actually learn some useful info, he'd stay. As I said I ain't turning out turds if I'm gonna put in the effort.

"'Onee-chan'," I scowled at my damned tsukumogami partner. She had won the bet to have me start to address her as such in public, but I seriously cringed every time I had to do it. I was more akin to her father than her younger brother. I got the point was that she appeared fully grown while I was only twelve, but it still really unnerved me. Either way, she finally decided to show her face, sitting outside the ring as if she had been there the entire time. Probably took a seat sometime during the ten-minute bout, no doubt. I knew she had been close as she trailed the boy from his home to here. Though, I think she had taken off at some point if her bags of takeout were what I thought they were. I jumped down and opened one, being rewarded with some good looking grub. I took a seat right there on the ground as I got out a pair of chopsticks and went at it.

"After ten minutes making sure the kid runs around the ring until he vomits. Your job this month is to condition him until he can keep going for thirty minutes. He only lasted ten minutes, which is unacceptable," I said the last bit quite derisively as I consumed more of this delicious food. She only rolled her eyes at me before going over to the kid and asking him if he was alright.

"Here, eat," She offered to him a couple boxes of takeout as she took his pulse and other vitals. I was glad I had decided to teach her to be my nurse. It meant I didn't have to do the tedious work of filling out paperwork and could focus on the fun stuff. Though, I still couldn't get her to lessen her sass and eye-rolling even slightly. Fucking bitch I grumbled, no doubt figuring something even meatier and delicious was in those boxes she was giving to the kid. Her own form of rebellion, I'm sure. I would've said something, but I had more than enough food surrounding me as it was and he likely needed the protein. Whatever, I'd take my leave after I was done with my food. I didn't want to smell the vomit when the kid finally did yack, anyway.
EXIT

Aragi Onigake

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"GRH!!!" The feeling of my arm being broken was definitely a new one, and definitely something I did not expect. Once he let go I quickly held onto my arm, writhing in the pain as I watched him drink a bottle of water with a really smug look on his face. My heart was beating so fast I could almost hear it, only made worse by how hard it was to breathe. Looking back down at my arm I had to wonder if my body would even recover, holding back as many tears as I could.

The tears kept flowing as he came back to me, my teeth clenched so hard that my ears were ringing. I had tried desperately to move away, scared that he'd break something else just to prove a point. As he held onto my broken arm I was shaking so much it was hard to keep still, a loud gasp escaping when he popped my elbow back into place. With a perplexed glare I watched the same guy who gave me hell heal me up, and I was left even more confused when he tossed me a towel. I was only barely able to catch it with my arm, despite not being broken I still lacked energy.

I slowly pulled myself to a normal sitting position, my recently healed arm laying on my lap. I nodded at his words, still trying to catch my breathe. "Thanks for not going easy on me." I took the course material from him, flipping through some of the pages and my eyes darting as I sped through its contents. A smile grew on my face as I thought of the intensity, and even the next time I would fight him.

I looked up to the woman who came over to me, lightly nodding in response. "I think I'm alright! I can't wait to fight him again tho. Despite the pain it was definitely fun!" I gladly took her up on her offer, chowing down on the food slowly just to make sure I didn't choke. After she had finished eating I slowly rose to my feet, stretched my body for a bit and bounced on my feet a couple of times. I kept windmilling with my newly repaired arm, testing which angle was till sore enough to hurt so I could modify my technique when I practiced, throwing a couple of light jabs with it as well. I did as I was instructed, running around the ring. I was able to do it about 5 times before my body couldn't take it. Staring at the vomit on the floor I realized I had a lot to learn, and a LONG way to go.
EXIT

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I had gotten used to this place, I’m not going to lie. I had been the sole tenant here, save for the kid, for nearly a month now. It was only now that I was nearly done with the place did I start wondering whether I’d be missing it. I then took a deep breath and got my answer. The fish smell pungent as always, I had to wonder if they had let some meat spoil upstairs because it seemed especially strong today. The fact I had to breath through my mouth to escape the stench really didn’t due the smell justice, but I digress.

As I waited for Aragi to show his face for his final, the downtime gave me plenty of time to really think up a good test for the kid. A few minutes and a couple brain cells killed off later and I was pretty well decided ion just how I was planning on administering this test in both a brutal yet ‘fair’ way. He had been getting cocky over the course of the last month as he went through the plethora of different styles and techniques as the days went on. It seemed like a good time to set him back to zero, may even do him some good.

I rapidly formed the hand seals woth my sole hand as I pressed the summoning circle on the ground. What came out was a metallic prosthetic, seemingly innate, but I knew better. I had to go through hell to make the damnable thing, after all. Even with being the creator, it tended to have a mind of its own. That was actually the reason I rarely ever bothered to use it. Why bother with a wild arm that didn’t like to do what I wanted? Especially when it tended to do the exact opposite whenever I try and will it to ‘not hit me in the face’.

Either way, I was able to put the monster on without any backlash for once. I could only hope that stayed true and I didn’t inadvertently kill the student I had spent a month working on because I can’t control this thing. That’d be a drag.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back