Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Joker Calling (Requesting ANBU / Roku)

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Riding the lift down to the Obsidian Palace was always an intimidating sight. A giant prison that housed some of the worst inmates that Sunagakure had to offer lived inside dying to be broken out. But the ANBU headquarters was down there and Kagari had to report in, he'd been missing for a very long time. Still, the ride down to the Prison always left a hollow feeling in your soul. From the sounds of the grinding gears to the giant massive complex that laid before his eyes. He didn't think this would end up being his daily commute, he'd thought the ANBU have some swankier digs with safehouses hidden all across Suna.

That probably was true, Tenken was probably messing with the now older Teenager.

"Well...Time to face the music." Kagari switched on his radio, tuning the frequency to the last known ANBU channel that Tenken or any other ANBU could tap into and hear "This is Joker Reporting in, I need to talk to someone at HQ. Over." The lift touched down on the ground, and Joker stepped off. Normally he'd be in his gear whenever approaching the ANBU, but right now he wasn't in the mood for masks and codenames.

He just needed some answers.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Entering as NPC Usagi via comms:

“This is Usagi....Joker?”

There would be a pause on his end as the female would flip through some logs she kept with her in the communication center. This was her least favorite job, and a big reason as to why she assumed she was always assigned it.

“Ah...Joker.”

The child-like mask of a bunny would look up at the wall of closed circuit monitors.

“Put on a mask and head into the HQ...no mask, remain in the prison and wait...”

She didn’t really care what choice he made. If she was Gluttony she would have been railing on the travel weary boy for not already having a mask. Telling him it wasn’t an optional accessory, it was who they are.

She, however, didn’t care. He would meet the man he wanted to either way, and depending on the choice he would handle it. All she had to do was respond.

Flipping a switch, she would send word to her boss.

“Boss...Joker back...not MIA or KIA...heading in or stopping in prison. Will update shortly.”

She hated this job.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A few seconds of silence followed after he made his radio call, then an answer from a codename he didn't recognize. “This is Usagi....Joker?” She asked. It seems she didn't recognize his alias, maybe he needed to give her some more info on who he is. Maybe Tenken ditched his files after going missing? No, that wouldn't make sense as Shinobi keep track of all current Ninja, whether they were active, dead, retired or missing.

He was about to speak but the voice cut him off, “Ah...Joker.” Kagari breathed a sigh of relief. “Put on a mask and head into the HQ...no mask, remain in the prison and wait...”

"Copy that." Kagari then shut off his headset and with his left hand, he focused his chakra and his mask appeared in his hand (Used Mask Summon [Rank 1). He wanted to do this without the mask but figured it'd be easier to go directly to HQ.
Once he was set with his mask, the black gates spread apart like the sea before him. He walked in slowly, steeling himself to what awaited him. It hadn't been too long since he had seen the metal skull man that brought him into the world of ANBU, at least for him.
Once he stepped in, the gates came to a close behind him, sealing away his exit.

Once inside, he'd make his way to the ANBU HQ passing each dark lit hallway. It was a curious thing, despite being a massive prison that housed thousands; it was eerily quiet. Once at the entry to the brain centre of the ANBU, he knocked twice on the metal door before; waiting to be let in.

---
WC: 260
MFT

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Upon knocking there would be a brief pause until the clicking and clacking of machinations started to whirl about. Within moments the door would be open and it would not take much more waiting for Kagari, as before him would be standing Tenken; the metallic skull face, glowing red eyes and all black attire would right there before him.

“Joker, the assumption is you were dead...”

After being gone for as long as he had been there were multiple assumptions that one could be made. Yet, the most least threatening accusation at this time would be presuming him dead.

“Tell me, Joker, who am I and what was the last thing we spoke of?”

Potentially an easy and difficult coupling of questions, but there seemed to be some testing occurring.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After a few rasps on the metal wall in front of him, the sound of gears turning and then a sudden click echoed in the empty chamber. The door opened and out stepped the all to familiar skull mask of Tenken. Red eyes stared again into the soul of Kagari, like a reaper waiting to take a life.

“Joker, the assumption is you were dead...” Tenken Spoke. Like all the other times Kagari interacted with the skull man, he couldn't gauge his emotions. But from his word choice, Tenken was at least surprised that Joker was standing before him "No, I'm very much alive." Joker spoke, with a bit of a sarcastic tone.

“Tell me, Joker, who am I and what was the last thing we spoke of?” Kagari blinked. All he knew of Tenken was the metal mask and that he was his Captain, Mentor or just someone in charge of something. Regardless he'd answer the question to prove his identity.

"I don't know who you are. All the times we've interacted was like this, me coming here and reporting to you. The last thing we spoke of...was a wedding I think. It was going to be between Sora and the Damiyo. Koko and I-" Kagari paused.

"Shit...Koko..." There was one person he forgot about, the girl that Tenken had him investigate a couple of months before the village. Kagari was able to recruit her after some persuading and negotiation, and now he just remembered on who was more or less waiting for him. Kagari sighed, composed himself because he was technically on the clock currently.

"That's all I remembered Tenken. I'd tell you how I ended up missing for a year but...I can't explain it. Because what was a year for you...felt like yesterday to me."

---
WC: 276
MFT

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
He doesn't know who I am...

It was an odd response. It was either one misspoken or something else, something to be concerned of. The fact that he then went on to mention his 'name' was even more of an oddity. So what was it, did Joker know who he was or didn't he.

"What became of the girl? Is she now out in the wind?"

That really wasn't what he cared too much about, nor was it that he had been discussing a wedding with Joker, a matter in which he requested Joker's assistance before the individual disappeared from the country. That, again, was not the most pressing matter. Moreso he was curious about the travels of the young man, and further exploring what made time suddenly vanish for him.

"A year but only felt like a day to you... were you drugged, captured?"

Only logic step to take.

"Tell me all that you remember of your journey out there. A full report..."

He would not be able to discern too much of the tone of the next question, but that was simple because the voice of the Co-Leader of the ANBU was distorted.

"...of what you remember."

There were some red flags popping up, in both the story and the current demeanor of the ANBU. His lackadaisical attitude, an attitude he carried with not only a superior but a man he watched torture another. It appeared, that for Joker this was catching up with an old friend, and the fact that it seemed like he was going to carefreely walk into the Headquarters without a mask and referring to himself as his codename. It was just odd. Whatever happened to him might have impacted his memory, so he needed to press a little bit further to ascertain the health of the returning masked member.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"What became of the girl? Is she now out in the wind?" Tenken asked. "I'm not sure, she could be still in Grand Palais or may have left Suna." She never seemed like the type to stick to one location for now and since Kagari was gone, she probably didn't have a reason to stay. Due to her status as a wanted criminal and fear of the ANBU, it would make sense if she left. She was one of the suspects for stealing from the Toraono Dojo.

"A year but only felt like a day to you... were you drugged, captured?" Kagari shook his head, during his timeframe in Cloud he did not encounter any hostile shinobi.

"Tell me all that you remember of your journey out there. A full report..." There was a pause. "...of what you remember." Kagari nodded, breathing in and out slowly retracing his steps.

"I left Sunagakure for Kumo 2 months-Excuse me, a year and a half ago for...a fox contract. My bloodline has a close connection with kitsune, especially to those in the Mountain Ranges of Kumogakure. The cold and control of Ice is what connects us." His grandfather had given him this task as training, to harness his Haku abilities. "I found the shrine, no foxes. However, there was a hidden chamber behind the statue which led me to a forest."

Kagari paused for a moment. "I returned to Kumo to check myself out of the village, when I noticed that the date on their travel boards was off, specifically the year." "It was another dimension. I encountered two foxes, both friendly. However as I answered their riddles and tests for me, it was discovered that one had wiped the memories of the other. He was a...demon of some kind. He was able to...use the forest and bend the reality around me. The other fox, Ryuichi; the one who had been helping me from the beginning and I eventually subdued the other. I did the blood seal and I walked back out of the shrine."

"After a short rest, I headed towards the gates to check myself out of the village. But something caught my eye, the travel board; their year was off."

"I asked and they informed me...it had been a year and a half since the day I entered the shrine. I think during that timeframe I was in the fox shrine, time passed longer that I perceived. As I said, what had been a year for you, it feels like yesterday. That whole encounter with the foxes would have been a week ago if I had not been somehow delayed an entire year." Kagari then reached into his pack and pulled out a black leather bound notebook.

"Here's my journal recounting the entire trip to Kumo. From the entry at the gates to the encounter with the foxes. I did have to omit the mission with Ruin from there since I sent the de-brief back to Sunagakure." He then held it out for Tenken, should he choose to take it.

---
WC: 469
MFT

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
[Using Chakra Sense Mastered] Kaen was already hot on his trails, the simple tracking jutsu he learned so long ago was proving more valuable now than it has in the last year. He felt the full of Kagari's essence, he could almost smell him. A mental image was burned in his mind as he searched for his former Mentor. It seemed like yesterday they were running around in Cloud, thoughts of ninja turtles flashed into his mind. That was pretty weird. To the right, his senses pulled him in a new direction, where was he headed? Before too long he knew before he even arrived. The only thing of importance this way was the Obsidian Palace. How ironic that he rushed off looking for him when Kagari just came home on his own accord. A thought occurred to him, what if what was on that note was true, Kagari could already be causing havoc of all sorts. Kaen kicked into high gear and blasted off towards HQ.

A loud thud resonated throughout the empty hole that served as the Anbu's front door. It always looked the same, unchanged. Kaen was of course wearing his mask, and his outfit. He would go to push the door open but it remained shut. With a sigh Kaen would turn his radio to the appropriate frequency. Ruin reporting back to HQ..." A slight pause would pass before he grew impatient and he would slam on the door with his fist. "Let me in or I'll let myself in." His words passed through gritted teeth. Now was not the time to impede his goals, Kagari was inside and he felt it. His senses were tingling beyond control, who knew what was going on in there.

[OOC Topic entered - Not there yet, keep talking amongst yourselves Gents]

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
He would listen to the report fully, remaining silent throughout all of it. He was never a fan of those who interrupted in the middle of someone, at least while working under this mask. Under this mask, he found the best course of action was to let people talk as much as they want, as long as they want. This gives them a chance to state enough information to start to piece together a better picture or enough rope to hang themselves.

"Joker..."

There had been a lot of questionable things, and the story within his report seemed almost fantastical. It would be incredibly easy to doubt this person and call to question everything they've said since being back in the village, to question their actual time in Kumo and to attempt to pull out any information he thought might have been hidden. And yet...

"...welcome back home. I hope this report means you were able to secure the Fox contract, especially if it will be of a great aid to this village."

He would then do something he rarely did, especially within this mask. He would place his hand upon the shoulder of Joker. There would be no ability to convey real context or emotions, because of his mask and voice altering, but he did not care.

"I am concerned about whatever may have happened to you to cause you to lose track of such a large amount of time. Please, head to the Omni Prime to get an evaluation completed before you begin your duties as an ANBU."

Joker was one of the first new members he inducted into the branch following his full transition into control with Reaper. Due to that, he would do something that he wouldn't normally do in these types of situations, especially when he had doubts; he would trust him. Hopefully, all was well.

"That is all, thank you for your report."

And with that, Tenken would turn around and begin to fade back into the shadows.

[Tenken has left the thread]

NPC Usagi - Still in Comms Room
8lF87vl.jpg

Her eyes would turn to the monitor picking up the visage of Ruin. His voice would come over the intercom system as he was requesting to be let in. She would notice that behind the door would be Tenken and Joker still having their conversation.

"One moment... Ruin..."

She hated talking, literally the worst thing. While she hated communication, well more so the act of her communicating, she was not oblivious to listening to what and how people say things. It was a skill she had learned a long time ago, allow people to tell you everything you need to know. It was a similar approach to Tenken, but with much less follow up conversation. She was not skilled in his art of continuing to poke and prod at something, she was much more of a listen intensely and then go punch the whoever or whatever it was once it went quiet.

"Tenken is finishing... something..."

Hopefully, that would be enough to calm the apparently frustrated Ruin. There was a chance it would not work, there was a chance it would quickly escalate with him following up to his threat of 'opening' the door himself. His reports on previous missions seemed to have instances of rather high scale damage, there was a high degree of probability he was capable of powering past their door. It would not have been the challenge of another DOOR, but it would also not be a slouch of a door.

Tenken would then leave. The door would begin to whirl and snap, slowly opening once more.

"You are clear... Ruin..."

There was no reason in her mind to suspect something would happen from this looming encounter, so her eyes would not remained affixed to it. Instead, she would continue her vigiliance to watch all the different monitors. It was the part of the job she did enjoy.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Joker..." Tenken spoke, pausing for a few seconds. "...welcome back home. I hope this report means you were able to secure the Fox contract, especially if it will be of great aid to this village." Kagari nodded.
"I did manage to sign it in the end...but I'm not sure if it was worth it at this point." Kagari sighed, putting his journal back into his pocket.

"I am concerned about whatever may have happened to you to cause you to lose track of such a large amount of time. Please, head to the Omni Prime to get an evaluation completed before you begin your duties as an ANBU." Kagari nodded, but he was sure that there weren't any gaps in his memory. He wouldn't know for sure unless someone searched through his brain. Nonetheless, he'll check into the hospital when he got the chance.
Once he was finished sorting out his personal life. Although a part of him was thinking to hang up the mask and coat, at least for a little bit.

"That is all, thank you for your report." Kagari bowed politely, as Tenken drifted back into the shadows. He then turned and made his way back to the exit of the Obsidian Palace, ready to leave this place.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Ruin reporting back to HQ..." Usagi was quick on the ball to respond; "One moment... Ruin..." But Kaen was impatient; "Let me in or I'll let myself in." Cranky today it seems... "Tenken is finishing... something..." Kaen sighed and turned around to lean on the rusty metal bars of the catwalk behind him. Tenken was capable enough, there was no way Kagari could take him out single-handedly, right? A slight -tap tap tap- with his fingers sent tiny echoes throughout the open hole that served as the Anbu's entrance. A few minutes later and the door began to unlock, whirring noises, clanks, and pops signaled the door was being opened. "You are clear... Ruin..." Uasagi would let Kaen inside, finally. "Appreciated..." An underhanded slight filed with sarcasm, it was nothing personal though, it's just Kaen.

Once inside Kaen would begin to check various rooms for signs of Tenken or Kagari. He probably should have just went straight to his office, but you never know. A loud 'clang' reverberated throughout the corridor causing Kaen's attentions to perk up in that direction. It came from the end of the hall, Tenken's office. Leaving the room he was searching, Kaen walked into the hallway. His eyes widened with glee as they fell upon the visage of Joker. Here he was, conveniently walking out of Tenken's office. An internal debate began inside Kaen's mind. He had sensitive Intel, regardless of its source, that potentially meant Joker was a threat. And since he removed the note, nobody else knew. So the question remained, did he confront him here, perhaps lead him to an interrogation room? Things could go south quickly if what the note described was true, by that time Tenken could already be gone. No, this would not do, time was not on his side. And then a light flickered to life in his mind, he had a plan.

Kaen closed the door behind him and began to walk straight towards Joker. His attire had changed since he last saw Joker, so it was unlikely he would recognize him at first. He steps were slow and methodical in his approach, he would need to time it just right. As the pair began to pass by one another, Kaen would intentionally, 'accidentally' bump into Joker. "Oof" It wasn't hard, but it was enough to halt both of their movements. Time to play the part, if only for a second. "Oh man, I'm sorry about that..." Kaen feigned ignorance and would cock his head to the side as if confused or curious. "Hey... Don't I know you from somewhere?" The moment their eyes would meet, he would initiate his plan and everything would slow to a standstill...

[Using Chimera Implant Tsukiyomi]

Kagari would find himself in a completely new and different reality in an instant. How did he get here? Wasn't he just leaving Tenken's office? Perhaps he was accustomed to pocket dimensions, reality marbles, other planes, whatever you want to call it. If so he might very well know what just happened to him. Regardless of whether or not he knew what he was in, or where he was, he would see a red sky swirling around as if a hurricane were taking place. But there was no wind, it was still. All around him was endless plains of nothing, desolate and void of life. It would appear that he was alone, at first. A voice would suddenly fill the air around him; "It's been a while, hasn't it Joker?" Still wearing his Anbu attire, for now, Kaen would materialize before Kagari's eyes.

[OOC MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Kagari was making his way out of the ANBU HQ, his thoughts were mired in what his next step was. The hospital evaluation could wait until he knew for sure where his mom was and to an extent Koko. As he rounded the corner, he bumped into an individual; recoiling back as he wasn't aware of his surroundings. "Oh man, I'm sorry about that..." Kagari nodded, "No worries, I wasn't paying attention." it was another masked figure in a red robe with parts of it torn. Either for style or wear and tear, maybe both.

The figure turned it's head slightly, "Hey... Don't I know you from somewhere?" Kagari scratched his head, "Not...Really..." All of a sudden Kagari could feel his consciousness drift slightly, feeling a bit tired. He rubbed his eyes and then turned back to the figure. In an instant the world shifted, turned; he was no longer in the Obsidian Palace. Was he placed in an genjutsu? Or teleported yet again? Kagari stepped back looking for the figure that bumped into him. "It's been a while, hasn't it Joker?" A voice spoke and all of a sudden the figure reappeared before him.

"Who are you and what do you want?! Because I'm getting real fucking tired of being pulled into other worlds..." Kagari clearly irritated. He didn't need this right now, he needed to find his mom.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Who are you and what do you want?! Because I'm getting real fucking tired of being pulled into other worlds..." Kagari would demand, obviously agitated. Perhaps less about this and more concerning something else. Whatever it was it could wait, however. In here, or so he was slowly learning, he was in control. A new ability thanks to his Ancient amalgamated DNA. He was still finding new ways to use it, what a perfect opportunity to try out more. Kaen would laugh before grabbing the underside of his mask, ready to pull it off. "You're different, I can feel the fire within you rising. That's good, you will need it in the coming war." Kaen would motion to take the mask off, as he did so his visage would slowly dissolve into wisps of ash and embers floating away in the non-existent ethereal wind around them. He would continue speaking as he did so. "I'm a little disappointed that you did not recognize me, your own apprentice. Tsk tsk tsk." As the word apprentice escaped his lips, his Anbu attire would have dissolved completely to reveal his true identity.

[OOC Sorry it was short, but I feel like that might be easier in this instance. A few quick back-and-forths helps casual conversation flow better imo]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"You're different, I can feel the fire within you rising. That's good, you will need it in the coming war." "What war?" Kagari asked, confused and still irritated. Who the hell was this guy? The figure motioned to take his mask off, which made Kagari raise an eye. He waited for the other to take his mask off at the same time, and as he did so the figure was a comrade, Ruin that Kagari had done missions with. "Ruin..." Kagari spoke slowly, as his stance relaxed. Ruin had looked the same when he last saw him, maybe slightly older since a year had passed.

"I'm a little disappointed that you did not recognize me, your own apprentice. Tsk tsk tsk." Kagari shrugged, "You weren't exactly making it easy for me to realize with you are. What was with the theatrics anyways? I thought I was just cleared by Tenken...?" Kagari was a bit confused at why he got pulled into what was a genjutsu from a compatriot. Unless this was Ruin's way of reuniting with old friends, it was a bit annoying to say the least; especially for someone displaced.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"What war? Have you been living under a rock lately? Kazekage Katsuo announced it some time ago, regarding Ishii Shiro and the Daimyo. We're going to war my friend. Perhaps it was not the best for you to return during these perilous times. Though you may not even had a home to return to had you waited. I'm glad you've chosen to return all the same though. But this is not why I brought you here." Be in a force of habit, standards, a code of honor, or perhaps his very nature, but Kaen would not hide or mask anything, especially to a senor Anbu member, and friend. A small piece of parchment would materialize in Kaen's hand, genjutsu or not, what was written there had not been altered from his mind.
To Whom this may Concern;

Concerns to report regarding a one Toshiwakai Kagari, Chuunin granted a crystal passport by a one Toraono Kuro 1.5 years ago for the purpose of traveling to Kumogakure in search of "foxes" for an intended duration of 2 months. The young man arrived at the Toraono Dojo, in Sunagakure disoriented to the year but this other mental faculties intact. No obvious, noted ticks. When asked to strip, he did not appear to have any obvious evidence of physical torture in the form of scars identified. He made reference to his mother being unhappy with his absence, meaning it is unlikely that his family would serve as a viable information resource. Due to the matter by which the Sovereign condition their soldiers, in spite of the lack of overt evidence that this young man as been assimilated into the Sovereign army his lack of recall is characteristic of the methods employed to condition chakra-capable children in Sora.

My concerns may be groundless regarding this young man, but his arrival after Kazekage Sunahoshi Katsuo's declaration of war against the Ishii regime suggests at the very least poor timing for this young man or the potential instillation of an agent within Sunagakure for the purpose of espionage or sabotage.
Michi​
<i>
</i>

Kaen himself had been missing from Sunagakure for quite some time after he and Kagari did their mission in Lightning Country, having been held captive did him no favors. This was not the reason he brought Kagari here, he cared not how long his vacation took. Kaen would hand Kagari the note and allow him to read it as he continued. "Now this individual seems to think you are with the Daimyo, one of these 'Sovereign'. From what I understand, these 'Sovereign' are created, essentially manufactured Ancients." Ancients were no secret to the people of Wind Country, but some may believe them more myth than history. Kaen did not know where Joker stood regarding this. "This 'Michi' left the note on our doorstep, here at HQ. Somehow she knew where we were, she seems to know a lot of things. Tenken doesn't know about this however, I believe I was the first and only to discover the note. I'd like to hear what you have to say for myself before I go making any... rash decisions." Kaen did not believe Joker was a spy, let alone conditioned to be a member of the Sovereign, but he needed to be sure just the same, no matter where the allegations came from.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"What war? Have you been living under a rock lately? Kazekage Katsuo announced it some time ago, regarding Ishii Shiro and the Daimyo. We're going to war my friend. Perhaps it was not the best for you to return during these perilous times. Though you may not even had a home to return to had you waited. I'm glad you've chosen to return all the same though. But this is not why I brought you here." Yep, he had missed out on a lot. During that brief visit to the fox realm, war had broken out and Suna would soon be on the offensive. It would mean Kagari would be called to action, whether on the frontlines or strategic ops that Tenken would send him on. It would be his first war, because at most he had only dealt with either thugs or local rouge shinobi; not a military force.

Suna would be safe for now he hoped, he needed more information on the war before he could truly assess the threat. But Ruin said that wasn't the reason why had "bumped" into him. A piece of paper; a note had appeared in Kagari's hand. Reading the note quickly, he was stunned. "Someone thinks I'm a double agent?" Kagari was already dealing with the whole fallout of missing out an entire year, but possibly have to fight off doubts and accusations that he went rogue. He ran a hand through his hair slowly, looking shocked. "Now this individual seems to think you are with the Daimyo, one of these 'Sovereign'. From what I understand, these 'Sovereign' are created, essentially manufactured Ancients." Kagari nodded, best he could do was listen to what Ruin had said, as without his help he would have walked out of The Obsidian practically blinded to the suspicions that concerned him. "This 'Michi' left the note on our doorstep, here at HQ. Somehow she knew where we were, she seems to know a lot of things. Tenken doesn't know about this however, I believe I was the first and only to discover the note. I'd like to hear what you have to say for myself before I go making any... rash decisions." Kagari nodded again.

"If you think I'm going after this person, I'm not. I've got shit to deal with in my personal life considering I've been gone for a while. Why am I even-" Kagari stopped himself, realizing something.

"Wait...I've only talked to three people since I've been back to Suna. Tenken, you and...the gate girl."
Something was off, that note had only information that he told Tenken and the person who entered him in. "When I was down at the Toraono Dojo, I had to give this chick information, I thought she was one of the gate guardians letting travellers in. I had to tell her where I came from and what I was doing. Kagari then pointed to one word on the note.

"Foxes. I went hunting for the fox contract in Kumo after our little sewer mission. Which resulted in me missing out an entire year and a half. And before you ask, no I wasn't in the mountains for an entire year. I stepped into some spirit realm, found foxes, battled a demon, sealed him and signed the contract. Walked out and it was one year later." Kagari basically gave his whole report to Tenken in a brief summary to fill Ruin in on where he had been, he owed him that much considering Ruin let him know who accused him.

"This Michi might be the woman I talked to and know where and what I was doing. She scribbled a bunch of notes in her notebook, even a sketch of my face. Unless Tenken knew before hand, but I'd think he would have mentioned it during our debrief. Or worse..." Kagari cringed at the thought of being interrogated by the skull man. He saw what he did to Saburou.

"None of that matters though. Suna's a big place and I wouldn't know where to look for her. She may be just some chick that chose me as a person to fuck with...But considering recent events...Fuck." Kagari sighed, another problem to add to the growing list. "I'm at my ropes end Ruin. I've got so much shit to deal with right now and the last thing I need is being thrown into a cell on charges that I'm a double agent." Kagari began rubbing his eyes, stressed out.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kaen would listen intently to Kagari's tale explaining his absence. It was quite fascinating. Truth be told many things went awry during both of their stays in Lightning Country. That time in the forest with the troll, reality blending with some other world, the Ninja Turtles in the sewers, dueling Kaji, being imprisoned after having his mind invaded by both him and Yuii. Hell, there's still some girl floating around in his head, Sarah. It was not so far-fetched, Kagari's story. After he would finish expressing himself, Kaen would hold up a gentle hand. "I believe you." He was certain he would feel something had his body been tampered with. He was no master of the mind, but if Shiori had sensed something even he did not, at the time, then surely Kaen would have sensed something in Kagari. And the only thing he felt was truth. Perhaps he was wrong, perhaps Kagari really had been compromised. But Kaen did not think so, call it naivety if you must. But he would not be detaining Joker this day.

"Consider it a thing of the past." The note would begin to fade away, slowly turning to ember and ash to be carried away in this world. It was not the real note, but he would dispose of it just the same once his mission was complete. "I'm certain this woman at the gates was Michi. I need your help finding her. But I understand your obligations. Find your family, unsure they will be safe for the coming events. But if you find her, spot her or have any Intel about her that could lead me to her, please don't hesitate to contact me, my radio is always on. I do not think you have been jeopardized, you seem just the same as you did during our time in Cloud, I trust you." Kaen would place a firm hand on Kagari's shoulder, and in that instant the world around them faded and they were back in the hallway. Everything happened in a split second, it time was unaltered, their time inside that place ticked along at a much slower place than out here. Kaen's hand would still be on his shoulder. "I just needed to be sure, I'm glad you have returned friend." And with that Kaen would begin to make his way towards the exit. His search continued, one step closer to Michi...

[OOC MFT - Topic left unless stopped]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaen held up his hand, motioning for him to stop. "I believe you." Kagari nodded, looking relieved. "Thanks...It was nice to get that off my chest." The note in Ruin's had would dissipate, as it's ashes spread into the genjutsu world that Ruin created. "I'm certain this woman at the gates was Michi. I need your help finding her. But I understand your obligations. Find your family, unsure they will be safe for the coming events. But if you find her, spot her or have any Intel about her that could lead me to her, please don't hesitate to contact me, my radio is always on. I do not think you have been jeopardized, you seem just the same as you did during our time in Cloud, I trust you." It was good to hear those words right now from a comrade, especially one he trusted as well. Ruin would watch his back for now, unless he was deemed a traitor by Tenken. Hopefully not, he had to catch up with the rest of the world.

"Will do. Right now I'm hoping I don't run into her but I'll let you know if she appears again." Kagari paused, recalling the events at the gates. "Something tells me she will." Kagari murmured to himself. Ruin would place a hand on Kagari's right shoulder, and they were back in the Obsidian. I guess this was a way of Ruin securing privacy, away from prying eyes. "I just needed to be sure, I'm glad you have returned friend."

"Yeah, I'm glad to be back at home as well. But I don't know how long I'll be saying that considering things... See you on the flipside." Kagari waved as Ruin made his way towards the exit to Obsidian, it seems he was on the hunt. Kagari waited for a few moments, thinking of walking back into the HQ and asking Tenken more questions. No, there are more pressing matters for him right now. Following Ruin's path, Kagari made his way for the exit as well.

Once past the black gates, they slammed shut behind him. He made his way to the lift that brought him here, with his next intent on finding his mother.

----

MFT
[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back