Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Keeping in Contact [Tutor]

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Standing outside the small bar Yukio leaned against the wall waiting for his student to arrive unlike most lessons he did not wear his combat bear instead his clothing would give the image of one who worked behind a bar a white shirt and black tie being on the first things anyone would see. It was normal for the Hyuuga to do such things at the point the act of not turning up in his normal professional attire when working for the ANBU branch creating less tension in situations like this one his head tilting from side to side from time to time keeping an eye out for Soku.

It would be an interesting series of events that much was a certainty unlike most tutors this one would not be as simple as learning new Jutsu or survival techniques to assist in missions beyond the walls of the village that called for such things. No this time it would be a lesson on dealing with other people and how to make the most out of what could become a bad situation something the Captain was curious to see Soku's skill set in.

The bar he stood outside being the one the Hyuuga worked at from time to time a front to remain in contact with those he needed to and create better relations overall, sometimes the best friendships and connections were made. As he waited Yukio pondered on his previous meeting with the AiT the facts were she had the drive to do well within the ranks of the branch however the skills she could achieve were still in the process of maturing most of the AiT were still young after all and had a long way to go before they could call themselves fully fledged ANBU this lesson today would simply be the next step in the road to that goal.

[WC/WT: 312/312]

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
"Late!Late!Late!"The girl silently cursed to herself as she dashed through weaving through the crowd to get to her appointment with Yukio. She'd been caught up talking with Ziren and now had lost track of time. Glancing around for her Sensei, she did a double take noting the Hyuuga ' s appearance. He was dressed quite differently in a tie and plain white shirt. This lesson would be something special, Soku suspected noting the appearance and the fact they were outside a bar in the Oak District."Sorry I'm late! I lost track of the clock."She said mournfully trodden up to the ANBU.

She had a questioning look on his face waiting for some instructions or sense of direction. The kunoichi doubted they were here for a spar like last time or why would they be out here visible to the public eye."So what are we doing today, Sensej?"She asked curiosity brimming within her attempting to make some sense of the man's attire. The girl herself wore a causal white t-shirt with a Leaf logo emblazoned on it and some black shorts. Her hair was down this time falling around her shoulders and her green eyes sparkled as the reflection of the sun danced on her light skin.

A bar was a most peculiar place to meet and she couldn't resist asking the question."I assume there's a more detailed purpose as to why we are standing here outside this bar then to simply meet up."The kunoichi said eyeing Yukio and his body language gauging his reaction. Body language and expressions could tell you a lot if you read them and Soku had developed a habit of watching people's actions to her statements although right now, Yukio leaning against the wall didn't tell her much except for the fact he was totally at ease with his surroundings and was probably going over the lesson in his mind
and she had a good feeling it had something to do with the bar they were currently standing in front of.

WC: 337
TWC: 337/1500

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tilting his head towards her Yukio couldn't help but wonder if she was late or if he was simply early time seemed to pass by the Hyuuga like leaves on the wind simply drifting by with little care. "Well, the way I see it you have to learn about this sooner rather than later. Not all assignments will be all about combat and beating your opponent in direct conflict sometimes you have to do things like negotiation and catch up." Turning to the door of the place and gesturing for the girl to follow the bar itself was empty seeming to be closed this early in the day.

"This is my place of work outside the branch a rather useful skill I picked up when out in the field." Without another word the Hyuuga vanished behind the counter for a brief moment before returning with a glass of brandy for himself and water for the young AiT placing them on a large table a third glass already waiting there as Yukio pulled a chair beside his own for Soku to take a seat. "Do not worry you need not remain silent during this if you have something to say please speak up but keep the flow of the conversation in mind."

After a few brief moments, a new man walked in slender in his build a smoke hanging loosely from his mouth removing it before taking a long exhale coming to sit opposite to the duo speaking in a rather blunt tone. "What's this Yukio we invite children to our meetings now I thought you a professional what does she have to offer here." Moving the glass in his hand in slow circular motions his stare was simply fixed on Soku pondering the reason she had been brought here. "A stray maybe?"

[WC/WT: 302/614]

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
They entered the bar and upon entering took to their seats, a glass of water for herself and brandy for the Captain. She was still much too young to be exposed to the hard drinks. Brimming with curiosity, she looked around the room taking in all the features. She had expected this lesson to be different but this was most interesting, the girl couldn't help but ponder about what Yukio had in mind. There was another glass on the table as if they were expecting someone.As if on cue, a stranger entered the room, a smoke hanging loosely from his mouth which he promptly put out. He spoke his attention mainly riveted on the young girl that sat before him whom looked him up and down getting a feel for who he is and his tone of voice.

She didn't know him or why he was here but he seemed to know Yukio well and something told her that this conversation would somehow tie in to her lessons so she spoke p, a friendly nice tone giving the man a small smile."Santaru Soku..a pleasure to meet you, Mr...?"She let the words trail off allowing for him to contribute his name if he so chose. The girl was nervous although she didn't show it but they were just having a casual conversation, there was no need to be nervous. Perhaps it was the prospect of meeting someone out of the blue so suddenly without prior notice that had caught her off guard.

Soku took a small sip from her water glass to calm herself, her gaze settling on the man. He mentioned something about a stray and what she could offer. Rather than understanding the words that came out of his mouth, he was confounding the girl even more. What exactly did he mean by what Soku had to offer and strays? She really hoped by strays, he didn't mean it as a insulting term, if that were the case, then they weren't going to get along at all. Deciding to listen for a bit before spurting out questions to see where this conversation would go would perhaps enlighten her with some knowledge so she decided to settle in for the talk, her eyes riveted on the two older men hoping something would comet of this most peculiar lesson

WC: 388
TWC: 725/1500

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The man gave pause hearing her name tilting his head over to Yukio with a confused look on his face. "Well, she's certainly more polite than you were when we first met safe to say I didn't find out your name for months." Leaning back in the chair and picking up the glass and taking a few slow drinks pondering on his next words with care before speaking. "So let's get down to business I have some information that may interest you, however, everything comes at a cost so tell me what can the two of your offer me from this point to keep this flow of info coming."

Yukio's grip on his class became tighter it seemed there was some tension between the two from recent weeks. "Look I know I made a mess last time but is this really the right path, have I not held up my end of the bargain" He was immediately on the back foot in this Argument turning his head to Soku to bring her up to speed. "This is one of my informants from outside the village however it is a rather fine line agreement after some problems that occurred during a visit to his bar well, we find ourselves here."

The two pause a stare out ensuing between the two, something was required to break the ice a method to move the stalemate in one direction or the other. It seemed Yukio wasn't joking when discussing matters of negotiation bringing Soku to see yet another factor that his area of the branch operated in, the Captain tilting his head over to the AiT to see if she had any ideas given the situation curious how the girl would deal with the sudden pressure and gravity that presented itself before her. "Feel free to speak whatever comes to mind."

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Soku went over what she received so far and what the conversation had proved her with. What she was getting from this is as Yukio had said, this was a informant and due to a incident last time, he was was a but wary about providing information after this incident. She began to speak slowly the thoughts floating about in her head."What I'm getting from this is that you, sir want something to gurantee that that these problems you talk about won't occur a second time and won't damage the agreement you two have going and from what I'm hearing, it must have been pretty serious so, would any of you mind filling me in the details so we can come to a mutual agreement"

The girl could barter words at a market stall but being a mediator of a disagreement was a entirely different thing. Both parties had to be satisfied and happy and Soku suspected this was the true test. He wasn't kidding about this being a unique type of lesson."Even if you wish not to discuss whatever occured last time, how about this? We give you a reasonable offer of something suitable for whatever info you have, nothing too high but nothing too low and you can take it as a gurantee this won't happen again and if it does, the person at fault can alter the agreement between you two as you see fit." She raised up a hand to indicate there was still more to say taking a swig of her water cup."I'm not attacking anyone here, I'm simply proposing a solution. However, in order to name a price, we would need to know what type of information it is. Is it about a certain individual, a incident, dates, locations? From there on, we can see what to do."

With that, Soku rested her case her eyes analyzing the man. He hadn't given his name yet knew both of theirs, heck Yukio probably knew it but still, if he willingly gave his name, he would be casting himself in a good light. Soku didn't know what sort of mess had occured last time but if this relationship could be fine-tuned, all would walk away happy. As for offers, what did they have to offer? Yen? Gifts? Food? One would think yen was the common currency for exchange of facts but sometimes people wanted....extra. It didn't look like Yukio laden with yen to bribe the man but knowing the Captain, he was prepared. Even if this all went downhill, she had one last ace card to play. Better to save it for now.

WC:437
TWC: 1162/1500

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Leaning back and placing his feet on the table the man seemed impressed with Soku’s trail of thought picking up the pieces as the two men put them down. “Well in return for my services to the good Yukio here he sees to it that we remain safe cleaning up local issues while being in the area and has done so for the last few years, Though usually alone and kept quite to keep things flowing smoothly, However a series of recent events leading to damage to my property and business have put this at risk.” An unimpressed face was snapped towards the captain, Yukio diverting his gaze for a moment.

Tilting his head down to Soku the Hyuuga sighed scratching his neck before admitting defeat knowing he would have to face the facts. “Basically, some undesirables entered the bar, and I dealt with it there and then, with some collateral damage on the side.” Turning his head bad to his associate there was a similar unimpressed look resting on his features. “Something I said I would deal with in the near future I can’t exactly uphold my end of all this with nothing to work with, there’s a bit of give and take here that you must accept my friend.”

“Well that’s true enough but what guarantees can I get that my interests will be seen too, if we are to continue this agreement I want my part of this give and take.” Staying put it seemed he was wavering willing to see the ANBU’s side of the argument taking a moment to humour them and wondering how both the Captain and the AiT would take the opportunity to persuade him to continue assisting them. “Let’s see what you can come up with but to not think me a fool I’ve been in this business for a long time.”

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
She racked her brain for ideas trying to find a resolution that would satisfy both parties. She could all talk all day trying to persuade the informant but it wouldn't mean anything if he didn't have some sort of gurantee this wouldn't happen again and that was the tough part. What did they have to gurantee him? Yukio had explained the situation to her and this gave her some insight allowing Soku to craft a idea. He had played his trump card and it was time for Soku to play hers."You say you want a gurantee, something to assure that something of this nature won't occur again. The way I see it, you have two options, Option A being that IF something similar to this happens again then the person who was at fault will not receive whatever they are seeking from the other party, straight and simple until the situstion is resolved or the deal is terminated which probably will result in some ill feelings which lead us to Option B being that you both agree to exchange something of utmost importance to each other as a gurantee a guard that if it does happen again, you have something you can use as leverage ."

The man seemed totally at ease his feet on the table and if there's one thing Soku couldn't stand, it was staring at stinky feet but she let it slide for now. Draining her water glass, she placed it aside gauging the man's reaction. As much as Soku sensed the Hyuuga was analyzing her abilty to negotiate and talk effectively, she was starting to enjoy this. Words came naturally to her and she was surprised at herself. So far, no one had voiced disagreement or looked at her like she had said something foreign which the Santaru shinobi hoped was a good thing.

He stated clearly not to take him for some simpleton as he had been doing this buisness too long. Soku sighed inwardly at this. He might have been a veteran at this type of thing but was it really necessary? They weren't bashing him or questioning his skill but if he felt the need to state it, so be it then. She nodded, a friendly expression on her face."No one here is questioning your experience, I'm sure you two have had this relationship for a while now, have you not?"She asked. They looked like old allies who had merely come to a bump in the road and were trying to pave a road around it.

WC: 423
TWC: 1585/1500

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There was a moment of pause from the man before he started to crack into a smile before bursting into laughter shaking his head in slow steady motions before emptying his drink. “A rather interesting student you have here Yukio quite glad you offered to see me today to speak on the matter. A good offer with good options for both sides, though you’re only a beginner in matters like this one it seems you get the general idea about the whole diplomacy side of things.” Sitting up his head tilted over to the Hyuuga wondering if he was in agreement on the matter.

From the look on Yukio’s face it seemed he’d come to the same conclusion giving a cheers to his friend before drinking a relaxed and relieved sigh escaping him before he spoke. “I would be of similar mind, You adapted quickly, thought about what cards you had to play and when you play them with such things in mind its time to tell you this was a setup.” There was a brief moment the Captain allowing Soku to have a moment to take in that information such a thing being quite the curveball Yukio wondering how she would take it.

“Another lesson in such things deception is key, while you have cards to play things like this could happen over a series of days and learning what moves to make over that time is sometimes more important than knowing what moves you can make.” The man gave a nod at that statement moving to stand behind the bar and make another drink for the duo. “Girl, Think of it like a game of chess track each movement and think to yourself is it best to play the game aggressively or hold back to protect the king?”

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hyuuga Yukio said:
There was a moment of pause from the man before he started to crack into a smile before bursting into laughter shaking his head in slow steady motions before emptying his drink. “A rather interesting student you have here Yukio quite glad you offered to see me today to speak on the matter. A good offer with good options for both sides, though you’re only a beginner in matters like this one it seems you get the general idea about the whole diplomacy side of things.” Sitting up his head tilted over to the Hyuuga wondering if he was in agreement on the matter.

From the look on Yukio’s face it seemed he’d come to the same conclusion giving a cheers to his friend before drinking a relaxed and relieved sigh escaping him before he spoke. “I would be of similar mind, You adapted quickly, thought about what cards you had to play and when you play them with such things in mind its time to tell you this was a setup.” There was a brief moment the Captain allowing Soku to have a moment to take in that information such a thing being quite the curveball Yukio wondering how she would take it.

“Another lesson in such things deception is key, while you have cards to play things like this could happen over a series of days and learning what moves to make over that time is sometimes more important than knowing what moves you can make.” The man gave a nod at that statement moving to stand behind the bar and make another drink for the duo. “Girl, Think of it like a game of chess track each movement and think to yourself is it best to play the game aggressively or hold back to protect the king?”

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The words hit her like a shockwave and her expression was one of surprise at the fact this had all been planned."A setup...huh."Soku had been positive this wasn't anything like that but leave it to Yukio to plan something like this out. Although her suspicion had been right, the Captain and the other man at the table had been closely watching how she handled the situation and it seemed like none of them were disappointed, the stranger even bursting into a spout of laughter and the girl thought he was laughing at her before he commented and she felt a weight taken off her shoulder.

"Well, you certainly played your deception card well."She said casting a accusing look at the Hyuuga. The kunoichi wasn't mad, but attempting to comprehend that this had all been set up, they had made it seemed so...real."Chess, huh. What if you cast your cards too early?"Soku asked.The game of chess was a good example but in situations involving diplomacy like this, there was always the risk factor that one of the parties would play their ace card too early without knowing who and what sort of opponent they are up against and the female had that problem sometimes recalling the incident back in Tea when she had took on a Cloud ninja without thinking about it and broke her shoulder, of course, Yukio didn't know about this and she most certainly did not want to get grilled over it right now.

"I don't think I caught your name..?"The AiT glanced at the male a questioning look on her face. It irked the girl if she didn't know who she was talking to, she had to know names, it was a pet peeve of hers. It was only fair given the fact she had introduced herself at the beginning of this entire process.

WC: 307
TWC: 1892/1500

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rising to his feet the man gestured to the pair preparing to leave as he threw his coat over the shoulder before speaking to Soku shaking his finger with a tsk. "Names are a powerful thing, considering the deal we have here and it only being our first meeting how about we wait before giving such things out I'm sure this isn't the last we will be seeing of one another." With that he took his leave without another word disappearing into the streets outside leaving the two ANBU in the bar.

"To answer your question to play a card to early is to lose ground in the discussion, should you reveal all you have to offer too early then you open the door to being taken advantage of bargaining at that point is pointless you've lost room to strike deals or make advances ending with a give or take situation." finishing his drink the Hyuuga went behind the bar after rising to his feet leaning on the counter with a sigh. "It doesn't help to have the home field advantage however, this is my bar after all so i get the luxury of dictating the pace of the conversation with the many items i had available offering drinks, a seat and showing hospitality."

Gesturing for her to come over to the bar there was a moment of pause before he spoke once more taking a moment to clean out the empty glass in a rather professional manner. "With that the lesson is complete however do not be afraid to ask questions while i have the time to answer them."

[Tutor complete claim your rewards]

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The man left them swiftly and she decided not to press further into his identity. Instead, she joined the Hyuuga Captain at the bar where he gave her some long lasting words of advice. This lesson had proved fruitful, it didn't involve sparring or combat tactics but another very useful skill, negotiations. The ANBU weren't all gung-ho as anyone sensible enough should know. They didn't merely jump into any situation seeking a fight, just like any normal shinobi should do, they assessed the situation before deciding on the right course of action to take."For the moment, I have no questions Sensei. Thank you however, you have opened my eyes today. This encounter proved most beneficial."She said smiling up at the ANBU. Watching the man clean his flask out, she decided to leave the premise for now allowing her some time to reflect on what had been said and seen here today. Getting up and stretching her muscles, she readjusted her vest indicating her departure."I'm sure you have more duties to attend to so I'll leave you for now .Giving a appreciative nod in his direction, there was a boom of thunder and the Santaru was gone leaving the Hyuuga alone in the building.

[Claiming rewards]
[Topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back