Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Know your role and shut your mouth. (Puppet app)

Ko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Months went by as Kazumi focused on his rehabilitation procedure. The work on becoming more human than puppet despite the puppet features he had was taking a lot longer than he desired, and while he was able to get his strings moving in his body, and out of the body he was struggling to find his purpose in the village. For some reason the surgeons had given him a second body just in case he didn’t enjoy his current one. Though a female body was… weird and creepy despite the natural water powers it seemed to have.

Spending hours each week at the hospital was helping him get there, but he still felt a little confused and a little uneasy on what the village’s plan was for him. Most people would be cast aside when they were crippled, so why would a puppet user be considered any better when it was so easy to ruin them by just breaking their hands? Why go through all the trouble to patch him up with forbidden jutsu? Everyone knew that mixing man and machine was forbidden work, and to give him the body of someone else? What were they planning to really do with him.

It wouldn’t take too long for the puppeteer to find out what he was to do with his next found skills. For it would be the next day that he was to be approached by the surgeon Dr Akatori and his group of surgeons who operated on him before. They seemed to have been working on something since they had last seen Kazumi. It sort of unnerved Kazumi as he looked at them while he was working on his rehab in the hospital.

”You know every time I see you I always have this feeling that there is some dark, and sinister plot you have planned for me or the village. And everything you seem to be doing is here to humiliate me or something that would probably be bad for me.” The surgeon looked a little hurt from the accusations, but played it off well.

“Kazumi you wound me, for you see that I don’t have that kind of plan for you. Our goal is to make you better, treat you right, and set you back into the village ready for your purpose. You’re so very lucky that you even get to go back and serve the village. Most people who lose their limbs end up dying on the field before people can rescue them, and the rest usually end up committing suicide. But you? You’re the luckiest man to be alive, Kazumi.”

Something inside Kazumi made him jolt. Was it the survivor guilt he was feeling? Or that he was really lucky to make it out alive? He wasn’t too sure what it was, but something was causing him to make him feel like he should feel bad that he was the one who made it out from all the people who were in just the same unfortunate situation as he was.

”Okay… okay I get it. The wonderful godlike overlords have given me a new purpose. Will you tell me what it is soon?” He was a little sarcastic in his tone despite the receptors telling him that what he needed to do was be nice to them and play to their ego. They seemed to be that kind of persons who liked their egos stroked, as gross as that sounded to him.

“Well you’re lucky that we’re going to get to that when you come with us to try your new toy. Don’t worry because this one will be more suited to your taste than the last one. And this one even sort of looks like you in a way so you’ll be more used to this one.” They would lead him away from the hospital to their surgery practice a little way away. As one of their subjects he was one of the “privileged” pupils who would be able to walk to the building. It was just a building that didn’t look that much different to the medical wards and practices that littered this area. Instead it just seemed to be the perfect place for those to practice kinjutsu in a medical environment. Harvesters were good at collecting dead bodies and repurposing them after all. It was a little strange and unnerving to allow these kinds of people to just tae the living and turn them into weapons… but that’s what happened to Kazumi and he was alive… Did Kumogakure realise what was happening here in the village or what? Maybe he would have to speak to Yuii about what was going on here. She WAS the sennin after all.

He would follow into the building and see that there was a testing area, and a body that was kept in their cryogenics chamber. Of course he forgot that for the most part the body had to be kept in well preserved conditions. But the poor kid that was inside there didn’t have to end up in that fate… they didn’t have to end as some kind of weapon that Kazumi would have to use.

“Here we are,” Akatori would remark, pointing over to the body in the chamber. “We’ve been working on this one for a while. We had to capture something that wasn’t so easy to capture in a cadaver.”

”Please don’t call it a cadver,” Kazumi would interrupt abruptly, shuddering at the thought that he would be using a corpse. It wasn’t really a pretty thought to him, but he would allow the doctor to continue.

“Well we had to capture something in this… puppet? Something that you can’t catch within anything. The essence of coolness.” This sentence made Kazumi pause in what he was about to say something about the puppet. But the thought that they could capture “coolness?” That caught him off guard.

”I’m sorry but… coolness? You’ve lost me.” Kazumi was very confused and began to laugh out loud. It would bellow throughout the medical centre. ”THIS is what you’ve been working on all this time since you made me try to play crossdress? You know how HARD it is for me to feel comfortable in those kinds of clothes? And it’s because you’ve decided that you want to play around with the idea you can get coolness into a puppet? I don’t quite understand how that really works.”

The surgeon smiled and shook his head, pushing his glasses up in that stereotype way.

“Ah you forget that many people in our village don’t exhibit bloodline effects but have their own similar but unique styles of strength. For instance the current Main Branch sennin can apparently see ghosts, while you on the other hand have an affinity to the spirits inside your… tech was it? The little tech priest cult is fairly fascinating since your puppets and traps rarely seem to fail.”

The Jounin stopped for a moment to think about it. Could coolness be an ability taught or gained? Can someone just be naturally… cool? He wasn’t entirely sure but he figured that if the puppet was ready then he could try it.

”Sure. Whatever lets just do this so that I could get out of here, you know? You haven’t even told me what the village would want me to do with all these puppets.”

“Oh that’s very simple,” the doctor replied as Kazumi’s strings would retrieve the puppet for him. “Your job for the village is to use your puppets and your own form as disguises to infiltrate, scout, and locate all sorts of places as a spy for the village. You will be working alone or in a team set up for spying and scouting, possibly starting with three genin and working your way up from there. You may choose who you like for your team but remember they must be good at hiding in plain sight or in stealth.”

The puppet would begin to return to Kazumi as he listened to the man speak. If he was meant to be someone who was to be hiding in plain sight, then why this idea of coolness being injected into a body. Well… no time like the present huh?

The symbiosis jutsu would activate and he would wear his new form. It felt like anything he would do… would just become cool no matter what he did. It would be something that he could do without any fear of failing because even if he did he would fail in the coolest way possible. Even his voi9ce had turned from its normal dulcet tones to something a little more sultry, more “tall, dark and handsome.”

”I don’t think playing with the dead’s bodies would be considered ethical to anyone’s standards, but I suppose if its working for the village then I guess it can’t be helped. I should probably find out from my sennin on ways I could help out in the village. After all I am going to have to be the village’s spy, or one of them. Maybe I could bring up a new generation of spies for our village. Even in this era of peace we must be wary of those around us.” the body would detach and poof back to Kazumi’s workshop.

He would leave the place and head back to his workshop to work on his puppet once more.

MFT 1569 words

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back