Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Learning The Hard Way [Open]

Tsuki Shiro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shiro had made it into the academy, he was going to become a shinobi no matter the cost to make his late father proud. Unfortunately Shiro had no formal training at this point in time, all he had to go on was vague memories of his father doing some light training at home. When arriving at The Obstacle Course Shiro really did not have a clue where to begin, or what to do. The place was busy, so he picked a course where no one was training. A set of ten stone pillars, each one high than the other. The pillars looked intimidating to this scrawny boy. He didn’t even think he could jump far enough to reach the first pillar. If he failed he would fall into a pit of gravel. From the first pillar the fall would be roughly ten feet.

Shiro gulped, wiped his forehead then looked forward with determination. If anything he would conquer the first pillar, if he failed he doubt he could climb out. This gave Shiro a moment to question if this was a good place to start. He shook his head and said “No, I’ll make it to the first pillar then jump back”.

This was a test of strength, agility and balance. He took a few steps back for a running start, with a look of determination in his face Shiro ran and left forwards. He soared through the air like a majestic bird, at least that’s how he imagined it. Unfortunately Shiro did not make it and face planted into the edge of the first pillar. Shiro fell backwards right into the pit. Any onlooker could see that Shiro broke his nose, tears and blood streamed out of his face. He was not crying, the tears were a result of his broken nose, unavoidable. Shiro shouted out multiple obscenities. While holding his broken nose he wondered if he could even get out of this pit.

WC - 325
MFT

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It’d been a nice day so far. The sun was shining, the sky was blue, and -best of all - he’d completed his assigned missions early. Doi currently sat on the highest point of Kumogakure’s shinobi academy staring out towards the rest of the village. The spot had an amazing view. He could see a large portion of the village from there. It also gave him the ability to look down at the academy students while they trained. There was usually something interesting to see. You could always tell which of the kids had the potential to be strong in the future from the way they trained.

It was hard to believe he’d only graduated from this place a year ago. So far, Genin life has been much more busy and eventful than he’d originally expected.

Looking around at some of the busier training spots, Doi could see there were a group of kids training together in most. There was only one where he could spot a small boy training alone. Said child seemed to be making an attempt at the pillars. The ones Doi used to lovingly call “The Evil Pillars of Death”. As one could assume from the name alone, they used to give him a lot of trouble when he was younger and couldn’t properly mold chakra.

Cringing as he saw the boy slam into the pillar face first, Doi remained seated where he was. No doubt that must’ve hurt a lot, but he’d have to get used to if he was going to be a shinobi some day. He had to fix himself up and keep trying. Doi really had no intention of going down there.

Yet, he jumped down to do just that once he saw how badly the boy was struggling. Landing on the gravel pit and using chakra so he wouldn’t sink due to his weight, Doi stuck his hand out for the boy to grab.

“Here.”

Tsuki Shiro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shiro didn’t even realize he was sinking. Blood and tears covered his face. He continued to swear, his mother would obviously be mad at him for using such words but he did not care. Even worse, his mother who did not approve of him becoming a Shinobi due to recently losing her shinobi husband might be angry that he hurt himself on his first attempt at doing anything. Shiro was angry, this was not a good start.

Completely oblivious Shiro heard the word “Here”. Shiro was blinded by the tears as a result of a broken nose, this was quite different as he wasn’t actually crying, the tears were simply a result. Following the voice he could vaguely tell that the voice was male, he noticed a figure and could vaguely tell that a hand was extending out. Shiro’s hands were covered in blood, snot and tears. Without realizing this fact and due to the suddenness of everything that happened he grabbed on to the out reaching hand with both of his, when he finally reached the hand Shiro said “Thanks”, though it sounded more like “Blanks”.

When Shiro grabbed on he noticed something, he was sinking before he grabbed onto the hand. His body was submerged up to his hips. He wasn't sinking anymore but he didn't realize this right away and shouted out in a panic “Ah I’m sinking”. Though it sounded more like “Blah bim blinking”. A huge blood and snot bubble was hanging out of Shiro’s nose. This nine year old boy was a nasty mess.

WC:260
[MFT]

Saotome Asami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Another budding shinobi had taken to practicing on that day, though she had gone out of her way to make herself harder to see. She was an older student, both by age and the time she’d spent in the academy. Only her talent for ninjutsu seemed fitting for the confidence she gave off in most classes. Every other area was… Well, she wouldn’t be in the training grounds if she didn’t have a lot to catch up on. Her pride wouldn’t allow her to stand where any passing stranger could watch and laugh as she struggled with basic taijutsu (though her attempts to figure them out alone may have played a large factor in her failure). For what felt like the hundredth time, she landed on a sore bottom, bitterly mumbling to herself about how she thought she had it that time.

Unsurprisingly, she was happy to hear a distraction, though she wouldn’t take pleasure in the pain of others. Somebody needed help, and what kind of person would she be if she ignored their cries? Or… serious of profanities? She stepped out from behind the trio of climbing walls that had been her hiding place, scanned the area over and found the source of the trouble. The voice came from the pit, and she was just in time to see a familiar face disappear into it. He could probably handle the situation alone, but seeing as her alternative was finding creative ways to trip herself out…. It couldn’t hurt to check anyway.

She walked over to the edge and peered forward, careful not to follow suite and drop in. If the two looked up, they would see a girl too well-presented to fit in on a field. Her upper half looked good, at least – dirt, a few leaves and the rare scratch marred her attire below the waist, but she paid it no mind. “Oh dear…” The kid must have had a nasty fall. Unfortunately, her medical expertise ended at ‘bleeding is bad’. “That must have hurt. Do either of you have any bandages, or cotton, or… Something to keep that nose covered?”

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tsuki Shiro said:
Blah bim blinking

Though slightly unintelligible, Doi could understand what he was saying. The younger boy must’ve been unaware how far along the sinking had advanced. A little disgusted by the combination of snot and blood that left the boy’s nose, Doi still made sure to pull him out. Luckily enough, he didn’t get too much of it on him. Blood was something he saw often, but the snot combination made it a little gross.

Saotome Asami said:
. “That must have hurt. Do either of you have any bandages or cotton, or… Something to keep that nose covered?”

Looking up in the direction the feminine voice had come from, Doi recognized a familiar face. He'd definitely seen her around a few times. Might've been in a couple tutoring sessions with her aswell if he could recall.

“I don’t have any on me and I doubt he does either. A teacher here might have something we could use, though."

The teachers are surely prepared for when things like this happen. Academy students hurting themselves while training was without a doubt a common occurrence. He could attest to that from his prior experiences.

Tsuki Shiro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There was a bit of relief he was pulled out of the gravel. Shiro had an embarrassed look on his face, he made a complete and total fool of himself in front of people he did not know. Digging through trousers now full with gravel Shiro found his handkerchief. He stuck it firmly up his nostrils, which was actually quite painful. He looked at the boy who offered his hand to pull him out of the pit. He noticed a Kumogakure headband strapped to his right bicep, Shiro jumped what must have been ten feet in pure excitement. He didn't quite notice the girl yet despite hearing a voice. Upon landing on his feet he exclaimed "Your a Ninja!", though with the handkerchief in his nose it sounded more like "Your a Binja". Grabbing onto the pillar for dear life because he was sinking again he said "You must be really strong if your a Ninja", his n's continued to sound like b's.

Shiro looked around, remembering a second voice. He wondered if he attracted much attention with this stunt. Shiro did not want to become something to laugh at before his first class. A silly look covered his face the moment he laid eyes on the girl. His face turned pitch red. He didn't know what to say, he had nothing cool to say considering his situation. Shiro scratched the back of his head and gave a nervous laugh. A full fledged ninja and a cute girl seeing him fail so hard, he was a bit embarrassed. Shiro looked back at the ninja, then at the girl again and said to both of them "Pleased to make your acquaintance, my name is Tsuki Shiro, do any of you know how to set a broken nose"? Shiro took another good look at the two, but did not look too long at the girl because he didn't want her to think of him as a creep, even though he was just a little kid who looked more like he was seven or eight. "My mother does not approve of my ambition to become a ninja, she would pull me out of the academy for sure. Even though I am not fond of the idea I can tell a little lie saying I tripped on my shoe laces. I can't stop here because I tried taking on these pillars too early."

Shiro looked embarrassed. He had a good moral code, but he was letting it slip a little due to the fact that he did not want to get pulled out of the academy. He felt like an idiot for asking this, but he had no choice as a teacher or the hospital would notify his mother. Shiro stared at the ground looking even more embarrassed the more he thought about this predicament.

WC - 471
MFT

Saotome Asami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy seemed to be doing very well for himself, considering his injury. If she had been in the same scenario, she liked to imagine she could be just as brave, but she would probably resign herself to grumble-crying for the first few minutes. Instead, he was back on his feet and eager to pretend he felt no pain. His efforts earned a weak smile from her, even if his words were curious. “Strange. She thinks you’re allowed to quit,” she muttered, her tone fascinated. When she spoke again, she sounded as welcoming as ever. “Sorry, I missed the First Aid class.” And almost every other class.

She glanced at Doi. She hadn’t seen the boy use medical ninjutsu before, but then, their situation hadn’t called for it, besides her little accident. “I’m sure there’s somebody in the building to handle stuff like this, but I really wouldn’t worry about losing your place here.” Bandages wouldn’t be much help since he had already stemmed the blood flow; the handkerchief had bought them a few minutes. “Either that, or you can look around for somebody that might know those healing jutsu... That one’s a long shot, though.”

She tried to brush off her skirt, remembering a few moments late that she hadn’t even introduced herself. “Oh! I’m Saotome Asami, by the way. Just a student. It’s nice to meet you both. Well, again, in your case.” The genin’s name had slipped her mind, but hopefully he wouldn’t notice!

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tsuki Shiro said:
"Your a Ninja!", though with the handkerchief in his nose it sounded more like "Your a Binja".

"You must be really strong if your a Ninja"

Doi gave a small smile in response. He was far from powerful when compared to a lot of others. Yet, he could understand the boys misconception. The title of shinobi must've meant immense power and honor to an academy student. Doi used to think the same way.

The boy, now introduced as Tsuki Shiro, didn't want to receive proper medical attention for fear of alerting his mother. The recent arrival, Asami, voiced her lack of knowing the proper procedure for these kinds of situations. With that in mind, Doi figured he'd give Shiro a choice after his own introduction.

"Well, I'm Doi. Nice to meet you, Shiro. Nice to see you again, Asami." His mouth then formed into a slight frown. "Now, if you reaaally don't want to see a teacher and want this fixed quickly... I can try to force your nose back into place. Keep in mind theres a huge chance I'll mess up and make it a lot worse." Doi learned some first aid in the academy, but fixing a broken nose was way out of his league. Not only that, but all he had to work with was a handkerchief. Hopefully he'd be able to convince Shiro to get actual medical attention with Asami's help.

Tsuki Shiro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Not just his nose, but Shiro's face hurt like hell. He didn't want to look like a wimp though, his future reputation was on the line and he didn't want to be made fun of. Shiro was surprisingly self conscious about this. He was also quite gullible considering his age, his mother knew she could not pull him out but told the little lie in hopes it would have discouraged him from trying to do so seeing as how she just lost her Shinobi husband. The only thing Shiro would get is a firm scolding. Regardless he wanted to protect his dreams. Shiro looked at his feet, unsure of what to do.

“I’m sure there’s somebody in the building to handle stuff like this, but I really wouldn't worry about losing your place here.” Shiro let out a small smile despite the fact that his face hurt like hell. “Either that, or you can look around for somebody that might know those healing jutsu... That one’s a long shot, though.”. The girl introduced herself “Oh! I’m Saotome Asami, by the way. Just a student. It’s nice to meet you both. Well, again, in your case.”

"Nice to meet you Asami-senpai." Shiro was trying to be as respectful as possible. He gave the girl a smile the best he could considering his injuries. Shiro now looking at Doi as he began to speak. "Well, I'm Doi. Nice to meet you, Shiro. Nice to see you again, Asami." Shiro noticed the Shinobi frown. He was feeling a bit self conscious now that he seemed to have upset him. Shiro listened to what Doi had to say. "Now, if you reaaally don't want to see a teacher and want this fixed quickly... I can try to force your nose back into place. Keep in mind theres a huge chance I'll mess up and make it a lot worse."

Shiro's eyes shot wide open when Doi finished speaking. What would he do, what could he do. He shook his head for a moment remembering his manners. "It is a pleasure to meet you Doi-sensei." Shiro wanted to be extra polite considering Doi's position, he wasn't recognizing him as a teacher simply as a man who knew quite a bit more than this youngin. If this worked and his nose was set back into place properly, he would have far less explaining to do and could simply go with the little lie he was planning on telling. However if Doi made an error he would have a great deal of explaining to do seeing as how any medical expert could see and tell his mom that someone had tried setting his nose and had not done it properly, that would surely land Shiro in a great deal of hot water.

The blood was now seeping through the handkerchief and dripping on to his clothes and into the gravel. His late father would be ashamed of him for lying to his mother. Feeling defeated Shiro shifted his eyes down to the gravel below him and said,"I should probably go to the hospital." What a fool he made of himself he thought. "Doi-sensei I don't think I can get out of here myself, can you help me out please?' Shiro was feeling quite pitiful. But this would be a good and lasting learning experience. The boy wouldn't be defeated by this despite the way he was feeling right now. However this was a good experience in knowing his limits and not biting off more than he could chew.

Saotome Asami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She raised a brow at Doi’s offer to ‘try and fix things’, which sounded like a very good way to end up with a permanently crooked nose. Hopefully, it was just a scare tactic, and if that was what he had in mind, it worked. “Yeah… We should probably leave it to the professionals. And ‘Senpai’ is a bit much… I’m pretty much the lowest rank there is around here.” Most would be embarrassed by the fact, but her smile grew a tad. There was no need to rush, as far as she knew. As the boy mulled over his options, she continued a futile effort to remove dirt from bare skin. She’d need some water, but did she feel confident enough to try scaling down a water jutsu just to clean a stain?

…No. Not in the academy. For the moment, she would settle for looking like she had worked a day in her life – until they got inside, anyway. Her priority should have been helping the boy feel like himself again, but he’d chosen Doi to free him from the pit, and she didn’t feel like taking charge and making everybody uncomfortable. “Hospital or the nurse’s office… But if you really don’t want your family to find out, the hospital might be better.” She paused for a moment. The hospital was a fair distance away, and while they were all long and full of energy, the pain wasn’t going to make the trip too enjoyable for their new friend.

“Hm. Shiro-san. Do you know how to walk on walls? The building tops are really good for getting places fast, if you can keep your balance. If not, we can...” Carry him, though it was an odd suggestion. She could safely assume that a graduate knew what was essentially chakra control practice, so she didn’t bother asking him. "Try and help with that."

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tsuki Shiro said:
"It is a pleasure to meet you Doi-sensei"

Giving a slight nod in return, the young genin was surprised by Shiro's politeness. He was sure he'd heard the boy muttering a few obscenities under his breath after he hit the pillar. Just goes to show that everyone has their moments.

After appearing to think Doi's proposition over, Shiro seemed to grow more accepting towards seeking proper medical attention.

Tsuki Shiro said:
"I should probably go to the hospital."

The young genin let out a sigh of relief at that. He didn't really plan on going through with the forced nose adjustment. It would've been cool to know he'd fixed someone's nose, though.

Tsuki Shiro said:
"Doi-sensei I don't think I can get out of here myself, can you help me out please?'

"Yeah, I've gotcha'."

Grabbing Shiro's arm once again, Doi hopped out gravel pit and onto the normal grass-covered land.

Saotome Asami said:
“Hm. Shiro-san. Do you know how to walk on walls? The building tops are really good for getting places fast, if you can keep your balance. If not, we can... try and help with that.”

The white-haired genin shook his head at Asami's inquiry. "He couldn't manage to reach the first pillar there from what I could see. Walking on walls is out of his league right now. It'd take forever to teach him too."

With that said, Doi crouched down to the floor. "Hop on my back, I can get us there fast."

He'd understand if Shiro wasn't comfortable riding on his back, he was a stranger after all.

Tsuki Shiro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shiro looked at Asami, she was clearly a bit taken back by being called Senpai. Shiro nodded in acknowledgment of her request. Shiro felt an arm grab his, he grabbed onto Doi's arm as well and before he knew it he was out of the pit and on to stable ground. Shiro felt like a bit of an idiot, unsure of why he attempted taking on these pillars that now looking at with a second glance were a bit too much for him. He was an academy student who'd never taken a class, he did not know how to mold chakra, really the only thing Shiro had going for him was a bit of physical endurance, but even that was paltry compared to his peers.

“Hospital or the nurse’s office… But if you really don’t want your family to find out, the hospital might be better.” said Asami. Shiro looked at the girl for a moment, pondering his choices. "Hospital is probably the better solution, my mother will be involved regardless of my choice because I will have to explain this to her." Before he could say anything else, Asami replied with “Hm. Shiro-san. Do you know how to walk on walls? The building tops are really good for getting places fast, if you can keep your balance. If not, we can...”<i></i>Shiro noticed the pause in Asami's sentence "Try and help with that."

Before Shiro had a chance to respond Doi piped up and said "He couldn't manage to reach the first pillar there from what I could see. Walking on walls is out of his league right now. It'd take forever to teach him too." Shiro nodded his head in agreement with what Doi said. "I've never taken a class and I don't know how to mold Chakra, I think that's a bit out of my league. I couldn't even take on a single pillar or jump out of the pit." Doi told Shiro "Hop on my back, I can get us there fast."

Shiro hopped on Doi's back. The genin was quite a bit taller than Shiro who barely stood at 4 feet. Shiro imagined that he looked like quite the little runt compared to Shiro and Asami. He felt he could trust the Genin, it almost felt like he had an older brother though they didn't know each other. Without a father figure Shiro needed someone to look up to, and Doi seemed like someone he could trust, so in a rather unintentional way Shiro began looking up to him. "I'll try not to get too much blood on you Doi-sensei". Even though he had a broken nose the little runt was quite adorable. Shiro gave Asami a smile and said "Nice to meet you!'. He turned his head towards the side where there was less blood dripping, he grabbed on tight and was ready to go.

[Topic Left with Doi]
[P.S - If you want to take this over to the hospital or you just want to drop me off that's cool with me. Since I am on your back I am considering this topic left with you, if you do want to continue this I'll keep my eye on the hospital since you are carrying me. If not I can go there mentioning you dropped me off. ]

Saotome Asami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Doi raised a good point; she’d reserved hopes that the boy had some hidden talents, but alas, he was just a fresh recruit. No doubt he would figure it out with a few classes, but trying to teach an injured child to focus on chakra would be a futile effort. She wouldn’t have minded making herself useful by carrying him, but Shiro had chosen to take up the genin on his offer. It was probably for the best – he seemed more comfortable with the boy, and there was no denying the skill difference between them.

What was left for her, then? Not much. She could have followed along as moral support, but such an act really wasn’t necessary for a boy she had just introduced herself to. Besides, this way she didn’t dirty her clothes more than she already had. “Ah… Well, alright then! You two take care, then. I’ll leave you to it.” She ended the conversation with her trademark smile, but remained to see thw two off. Once they began their journey, she turned her head towards the climbing walls, allowing signs of happiness to fade. That had been a nice, but brief distraction, but there was a lot more for her to do before the day was out.
[Thread left, unless interrupted.]

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With Shiro now latched on to his back, Doi was ready to take off. The academy student didn't weigh much, so there should be no problems while they made way for the hospital. It was nice knowing Shiro would try not to get too much blood on him during the trip "Thanks. I'd appreciate it."

Asami said:
“Ah… Well, alright then! You two take care, then. I’ll leave you to it.

"Alright," Doi said with a nod. "See you around, Asami." Turning his head to address Shiro. "Let's go."

With that said, he leapt to the top of the academy building. Using the rooftops, Doi made way for the Kumogakure hospital.

[Thread left w/ Shiro]

[OOC: Yeah, let's RP in the hospital a bit. I'll make the thread soon.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back