Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Learning to Adapt [Tutor]

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
At the bottom of everyone’s learning curve should be some excitement to experience more. Hence, the reason the young Hyuuga decided to take a morning stroll through campus. The school grounds hosted a plethora of young memories which flooded the hero’s mind. Hoshi began a retrospective train of thought, recalling how many previous experiences here. Those of which were, life and death. He grinned at the last thought, and only hoped the new students wouldn’t have to endure what he did. But it was for that same fact, that Hoshi was posting up flyers for a class. He would make his way to post them in the courtyard, classrooms, obstacles course, and the lunchroom.

“Well, I hope whoever I get today, is ready for a great lesson. I myself am even excited to get started.”

Hoshi made his way to the obstacle course. In the middle of the area, Hoshi stood. He began circulating an enormous amount of chakra before slamming a fist into the ground and creating a large crater. He quickly formed a series of handseals, summoning a small wave of cascading waters which would fill the expanse he created. Thus, Hoshi made himself a kiddie pool. But no, the course was far from done.

Hoshi began another set of hand seals, these ones of the earth element. Spires g all sizes and sharpness began bulge and rise from the ground, pillars would sprout from the spires as well. If that wasn’t intricate enough of a maze, he also summoned columns, large wall risings of hardended earth which could impede one’s path and sight of view. Once he felt his course to be complete, he took a seat atop one of the columns. As if a monk or some Taoist warrior, Hoshi closed his eyes, took a stance with his hands and hummed mantra while meditating.

Wc 308

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Trailing her petite hands along the assortment of fabrics in her closet, the young gypsy began to expertly flick through them until a certain attire caught her eye. Humorously, almost all her outfits were the same, but her eye for detail told her otherwise. Confident with her choice, Suika dressed herself in an earth-toned kunoichi gear, wrapped her village's headband around her collar, and adorned herself with some beads. She patted her cheeks and punched the air. Suika was ready for the day.

The Genin was assigned a tutor today for some combat fine-tuning. She wasn't too sure who would be her instructor or what they had in store for her, but she was prepared for anything. At least, that was the attitude she carried. Taking an occasional glimpse at a piece of parchment that revealed to her today's specs, she made her way into the Academy and unto the obstacle courses. The magenta-eyed girl was pretty used to the Academy's layout at this point, so it wasn't long until she found her assigned dojo annex. As soon as she entered, her expression was filled with a simple curiosity as she peered up toward noticeable earthen spires. It was almost like a maze with all the intricacies of pillars and corresponding columns. Regardless, her senses were fine-tuned and sharpened, so she noticed the meditating boy almost instantly. His positioning was a bit covered by the possibly contrived structure before them, so she couldn't make his appearance out too much from her vantage point.

She casually strolled on over toward the man as she jogged up a pillar and planted her feet on a nearby column. With a calmed look, she called out. “Suika here, reporting for instruction, sir.” Taking a better look at him, she couldn't help wonder if this was indeed her instructor. He appeared young; he was definitely older than the girl, but almost young enough to be her peer. She shrugged it off. Monsters came in all shapes and sizes.

[WC: 334/1,500 | Post 1/5]

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
During his meditation he made sure to lock the chakra valves which lead to the eight gates. He could sense the presence of one approaching. His breathing was steady and slow, it would almost appear as he wasn’t breathing at all. Hoshi definitely gave off the allure that he was asleep, having been so deeply rooted in concentration. In reality, he was only stirring up his chakra pool like a laddle to a soup preparing for use. A battle with this terrain would test the chakra control of a Shinobi and also their wits to be resourceful.

Once the earth time skin kunoichi spoke aloud Hoshi would slowly open his eyes. He would reveal the bulging veins containing a flood gate of chakra which filled his eyes. His vision became like a black light, highlighting that which is not normally seen. It also granted him vision that his eyes could not see directly. Hoshi acknowledged his peer with a head nod as he slowly rose to a stand. He would reveal the Kumogakure symbol for cloud upon his headband across his forehead. He wore a white kimono top folded to the left, embroidered with the crest of the Saito Clan.

“The lesson begins now. Fighting an adept opponent is a feat in itself. But doing so, in a tough terrain makes things even worst. Now, stand your ground.”

With that, Hoshi took off in a dash toward the girl. He would land at the tip of a spire near by, utilizing that as a catapult to launch himself in a new direction with a newer force. He closed the distance between them and sent a basic palm strike aimed at the torso. He would repeat with left and right several times, as if testing the waters. He hoped his jabs would force her to move and take action mentally to react and attack

Wc 313

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It wasn't long before her tutor awakened from his meditative state and shot out a chakra-fueled gaze at the girl. Suika instantly tightened her fists and readied herself. Was he aiming to start off the tutor with an attack? Her suspicions were confirmed with his following speech. It was combat time, and he wanted her to do so in difficult terrain. Adaptation training? Before she could formulate a counter, her dashed toward her, almost like lightning, and jammed his palm into her chest. If it wasn't for her quickened reaction of forming chakra as a type of shield around that area, the strike would have knocked out her air. She gritted her teeth as he continued his assault. Man, did he pack a punch.

In the midst of his flurry, a poof of smoke burst as the gypsy girl was replaced by a kawarimi target. She placed herself stealthily among some pillars and formed a few seals. After her seals were formed, two clones of herself, made with chakra-filled shadows, dispersed from her. She ran up to a nearby pillar and stanced herself defensively alongside her clones. Realizing well that her opponent was gifted with extraordinary sight and more-than-proficient taijutsu mastery, the kunoichi readied herself for his next attack. She prepared another counter and would utilize her environment for her next move.

If he'd attack her again head on, she would use Shadow Displacement jutsu to merge with a shadow and attempt to place herself within stealth again. She would then form her ethereal blade, dash down toward the waters, and prepare a jutsu for attack. He'd probably see through this most likely, but she had to work with what she had.

“No time to say hello I guess. Straight to the point... I like it.”
What would the Hyuuga pull out next?

[WC: 304/1,500 | Post 2/5
TWC: 638]

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shouyu Hoshi must’ve startled the kunoichi landing a barrage early. Her wits revealed once Hoshi had widened his eyes among a chunk of wood. It would splatter into splinters until second later he revolves into a hundred and eighty degree spin. His eyes from his seven o clock view caught sight of her new position. The young master grinned at her effort. He had tutored many of the lesser rank Shinobi even as a chuunin who could even rival sennin Shinobi of the village was proud to teach such a prodigy. Hoshi repositioned himself and composed his emotions. He slid into the famed Hyuuga Jyuuken stance.

“If you have not already known. I am Hoshi Shouyu of the Kumogakure Saito Clan. I welcome you to your lesson.”

Hoshi saw that the youth had created clones of the likeness of herself. He commended the idea mentally. Years back, when he first enlisted he remembered the use of clones being a rule of thumb against a stronger opponent or even many opponents at once. Luckily for Suika, Hoshi held back the power of the gate view, which would eliminate his opponent’s use of clones.

“I noticed you used your chakra to shield yourself from some damage. I must say. That’s a very, ‘Hyuuga’ thing for you to do. Bahahahaha!”

In a dash Hoshi approached the clones and Suika within close proximity if his speed allowed. During the descent, he’d manipulate chakra into his fists. When a Hyuuga creates such a flow of energy with an actual fist, it would result in a bursting blue lion head enflamed with the rage of a cursed family.

Hoshi would acrobatically maneuver between all that he could see striking with two punches in succession until he found Suika. But when he did he noticed a change in chakra. Something familiar from his older foster brother and Sentou. He stated aloud to himself.

“The dark displacement jutsu. I see you too are fond of the shadows. Do you wish to hide from the all seeing eye?”

Hoshi was lost for wits at the moment. At the water he spotted the earth tone kunoichi. At his current position, lowered into the battered earth of which created as a stadium she was given the vantage point upon him. Hoshi cringed at being victim of his lesson. He would leap from spire to spire closing in on Suika. Unfortunately for Hoshi, he’d most likely be spotted before he shot forth an airborne palm. It would appear he aimed and struck at nothing. But the art of the gentle fist would reveal that seconds later a pulsating wave of condensed chakra traveled through the air like a bursting cannon towards Suika. Hoshi would seek to land upon the water, standing on top the shape shifting platform. He’d have to meditate chakras in an ever changing balance in order to maintain proper movement to continue for he battle.

“Do you understand Shinobi of Kumogakure? Fortify your resolve. Empty your mind and calm your spirit. Seek only the task at hand.”

Wc 508

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hoshi of the Saito Clan? The Hyuuga's name sounded familiar, but the gypsy girl was still brushing up on her knowledge of Kumogakure and its prominent families. Despite her rapid rise in power, she had only been in this village for less than a year. As the duo engaged in their battle within the various terrains that surrounded them, Suika relied on her wit and quick-thinking. It was obvious that her tutor, Hoshi, was more skilled in the arts of battle. She had to utilize her environment and rely on her senses if she were to have a standing chance.

The man identified her abilities with an impressed tone. Despite his nature, his eyes were so intense. The girl's magenta eyes matched a similar depth, but were no where near as showy as his. Hyuuga were famous for their all-seeing doujutsu; she had to be on her guard. As he made his descent toward her as she readied a defensive stance on the water, he shot forth a burst of chakra from his palms. Initially, it didn't seem too effective, but then she was repelled back by a forceful wave. The kunoichi flung violently backwards, but was able to jab her ghostly blade into a nearby spire to prevent further knock-back. With her teeth now gritted and the flames of her resolve fueling, she responded to his suggestion.

“I understand what I have to do, Hoshi-san.”
With her sword bursting with more spiritual energy, she smashes it against the rocks and focused her chakra. With the element of Kinesis she recently learned through extensive training with her spirituality and chakra, she manipulated the path of the stones and hurled toward the man. As he (or if he) aimed to deflect or dodge the attack, she was to channel a genjutsu through her weapon, False Surroundings, and slightly warp her the structure of her environment to better fade into it and trick the man's senses. Most shinobi of his caliber were able to deflect illusions cast by Genin, but she thought no harm in trying. Genjutsu was her specialty after all.

Clinging to the shadows and coverings of her surroundings, she was to await her for her moment to strike. Once the opportunity came, she was to do so without restraint. Her resolve was fired up and her mind was calmed; she was prepared, to the best of her ability, for what came next.

[WC: 403 | Post 3/5
TWC: 1,041/1,500]

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Suika proved to be an excellent student of shinobi arts. The bright eyed Genin was using her surroundings to gain vantage points and avoid near misses. Something about her sword caused the chuunin teacher to be cautious, so with every step he was wary of what she could do with such a weapon. After the burst of chakra she demonstrated on the fly thinking by piercing the ground with her blade. She had then stated her recognition of the situation and the boy smirked.

“If that is so, then come at me with your best!”

With a swing of her blade she propelled shards of torn earth of which Hoshi readied himself. His planted his feet and begun to side step each one until it appeared as if they multiplied and he moved into a separate terrain. With a quick retrospect, he truly remembered where he was but that was after a rock slide across his face skimming his soft skin to draw a thin line of blood.

Hoshi performed a large side step, a dash out of harms way and sliding to a stop while planting his right palm into the watery surface of which stood upon by utilizing a shifting chakra balance throughout his body. With his free left hand, Hoshi wiped away the blood and stared down Suika intently.

“Very clever. Very resourceful! This is causing my own blood to boil. I am proud to see such effort from cloud Shinobi.”

Hoshi stood all the way up, his hands at his sides. What he would do next would truly test her capabilities. Hoshi wove a set of earth style handseals and slapped his hands together.

“Doton! Earth Flow River!”

The ground beneath would begin to rumble as the earth softened into a muddy muck. It expanded and traveled toward Suika seeking to distract her if anything. Hoshi finished another set of seals quickly. It would cause the water he stood upon to rise and take form as sharp tendrils. They would whip at Suika from a distance, closing in quick.

Wc 343

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The battle ensued as the Hyuuga utilized his battle reflexes to dodge the incoming stones. Channeling her affinity in kinesis, she continued to shoot them off like little rockets, but to no avail. The Chuunin was too fast. Suika grinned as her teeth gritted. “Damn, he's quick-footed. My genjutsu seems to have no effect as well.”</I><i></i> She had to formulate a new plan, and fast.

As the boy evaded the last set of contrived earthen blasts, he formed seals of his own and caused the ground beneath the girl to shift into muddy terrain. It slowed her enough to leave her susceptible to his next flow of attacks. Within an instant, the Hyuuga rose with the water beneath him as tendrils of water formed. Aware that she didn't have enough time to successfully dodge his elemental offense, she reflexively summoned a wall of spirits as a type of barrier. It wasn't enough to shield her from the impact completely, but the sheer force of the collision propelled her back. With a few scrapes, she was back on solid ground. She huffed. <I>“That was a close one.”

With her eyes blazing with spiritual aura, her blade increased in size. She readied herself. “Your palms versus my sword. Winner takes all?” She shot forth a challenge. Would he accept? If he did, she was to charge toward him and, with precision, swing her ghostly blade. If and when he hit her, she was to again melt into the shadows. This time, she was to appear directly behind him and aim for a strike. Would her attack be a success?!

[WC: 260 | Post 4/5
TWC: 1,301/1,500]

Shouyu Hoshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Kunoichi was swift to respond with a barrier. She was truly adept to be able to keep up with the hyuuga although only in his base form. He was able to push her back yet the fire within her eyes continued to rage. And thus, the blood of the Saito Clan boiled like tea water. She opted a challenge, but Hoshi was already satisfied with her performance and resourcefulness. Yet in the same breath, who was he to deny any challenge? The young boy smirked as he slid into the Jyuuken stance. He was please to teach another student of splendid capabilities.

“Challenge accepted Suika-San. Now let’s this do this.”

Regardless of the size of her blade Hoshi would dash for her again. At first glance, Hoshi would appear to be striking low but only as a feint as he went high. His Palm met the blade between two hands catching the blade while coated in chakra to strengthen his skin and bone structure. Once again Suika disappeared in a cloud of shadows. Hoshi cringed at the sight. She reappeared behind him with Hoshi turning his head lightly catching sight of her. With initiative, Hoshi burst through two gates, before the blade crashed down on him and struck an after image as Hoshi flickered away and reappeared beside her with a round house kick. Hoshi kneeled down and bowed to the Kunoichi. He shut down the gates and the pale blue aura faded.

“Great job, you placed me on my heels. You are most adequate at combat than I thought. There is nothing further I can teach you.”

Wc 263

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the boy accepted her challenge and entered her stance, Suika prepared herself. He dashed toward her with ungodly speed. Aiming to swing her blade, he shot a feint and aimed his palm upward. The gypsy girl then merged into the shadows. Using her stealthy way of handling situations, she appeared behind him and attempted to strike him. That's when she felt a taste of his true power.

He radiated a violent, powerful chakra aura that was visible even to the naked eye. With deft quickness, the kunoichi swung into his after-image and was met with a sturdy kick. The blow knocked her air out. He must have been holding back – the girl soon recovered. She shook herself off as she processed the last few seconds. “Damn, he's good.”

With a respectful head bow, Suika calmly acknowledged the man's exhortation. “I'm not sure if I truly placed you on your heels, but one day I'll push you off them.” She grinned. “Thanks, Hoshi-san. Until next time!” Her lesson ended as fast as it started. She was to reflect on today's events at home and use what she learned for future battles. Today was another confirmation, as well, that she had a lot to learn before she could be monstrous herself.

[WC: 211 | Post 5/5
TWC: 1,512/1,500 - Tutor Complete and Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back