Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Let's get down to business [Tutor]

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kesnhin awoke early to find himself feeling a familiar feeling one of excitement that only teaching brought. It also brought a sense of normalcy that he had not felt since he had left Stone. Training was always important but to train the youth? Even more so. They were the future after he was dead and gone. A strong foundation, originally of stone, is now built of strong roots of the Leaf.

And so Kenshin would dress himself to look the part of teacher. Simple black clothing, his gauntlets attached as always. His gold piercings gliimered in the sunlight as he approached the board of classes. He made sure hi sign was right. It read
Taijutsu Class
Students wishing to learn how to use weapons will meet at the Training Grounds. Weapons will be provided.
Instructor Yuu

Kenshin went to a shed of sorts and picked up a wooden crate. It clunked and clattered. He made it to the training ground as the Sun was rising and placed it by some training dummies. Kenshin would stand, his face set and as students arrived, he would give the same response.

"Pick a weapon and pick a dummy. Only act on my command."

Inside the crate would be a bunch of weapons made of wood. Multiple versions of each type of weapon would be found. Kenshin would make a mental note of which weapons were picked. Until then Kenshin would wait, feet firmly planted into the ground the wind making his clothes ruffle. It was time to train them and he was going to make sure they learned.

Rules 48 hour limit to posting. Missing gets an X and three Xs and you are out.
Posting order is nice but if you are going to be late if you wait, post.

Inuzuka Akira

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: Let's get down to business [Taijutsu Class 0/6]

Things were falling into place quite nicely now; Akira had a fair amount of credits now and wasn't too far off graduation, so he just needed a couple more lessons and he'd be ready to sign up for the exam! Shiromaru seemed just as excited as the concept as he waddled alongside his master, heading down to the announcement board for the classes to see if there was anything new going on that they could join.

"Huh, whaddya know. There's a Taijutsu class going that counts toward our credits," he smiled and looked down at his ninken, "let's go show 'em what we're made of. I mean, we're practically Taijutsu masters!" Shiromaru let out a couple excited barks, his tail wagging all over the place.

It seemed the perfect weather for training today; the sun was bright and there was a gentle breeze which kept everything nice and cool. The Inuzuka and his partner set foot onto the grass and headed toward the training area where he imagined the teacher probably had his weapons and equipment set up. It sure was nice to be out in the open though today, where they could hear the chirping birds and breathe in the aroma of the blooming flowers.

However, before he could greet his new sensei on the approach, the man issued a gruff command to his new students which took Akira aback a little bit. Pffft, he didn't need a wooden weapon, he had a weapon of his own. He slipped on a pair of fingerless gloves which were fixed with a metal back for protection.

"I've got weapons, sensei," he said triumphantly to Kenshin, holding up his hands so his claws were visible. He picked a training dummy and stood in front of it. Shiromaru took up position beside him and looked ready to get things started, wanting to work on his strength and agility just as much as Akira did. He wondered where everyone else was at the moment; no one else seemed to have turned up yet. Hey, it was probably just a matter of time - he might even see Tatsuo again if the guy bothered to show up.

TWC: 364

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
(OOC Turning this into a tutor thread since no one else joined)

Kenshin waited for a half hour after he boy and his dog appeared. By the end, he was tapping his foot and scowling. Apparently those of Leaf were loosing the interest of taijutsu. This was not very smart and he was already planning a mandatory taijutsu training. Well, less mandatory and more surprise. And by surprise he meant during lunch.

Regardless, he had one student who was so kind as ot bring his own weapons. At least this kid picked a reasonable weapon. Kenshin was biased on course but his gauntlets had served him well.

"First thing first. I am Yuu Kenshin, Jounin and instructor here at the academy. I expect you to do your best. For the first exercise, I want you to go through what taijutsu you know. If all you can do is basic combos, just to that. I wish to see where you are. While you are doing this, explain to me why you want to be a shinobi." Kesnhin would watch the boy carefully, his brown eyes staring at would be shinobi. What did he want? What did he believe in? Who did he fight for?

All these questions would be answered one way or another.

Inuzuka Akira

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akira nodded to his teacher's introduction, bowing politely before introducing himself, "I'm Akira, from the Inuzuka clan," he said casually before Shiromaru, his ninken, let out several low barks which Akira promptly translated, "this is Shiromaru, my partner in crime!"

Now that introductions were aside, he could focus on the task at hand. He'd gotten to all fours alongside Shiro now; both of them mimicking each other's actions and taking a rather feral stance. Shiro jumped onto Akira's back while the boy was crouched over and got into his own little fighting stance. At the drop of a hat, Shiro lunged at the dummy, knocking it to the ground while Akira made several handsigns, then lunged as well. His claws were now cracking with electricity (Thunderfist) as he took several rather nasty swipes, taking chunks out of the dummy which crackled and sparked as they fell to the floor.

"It's my family duty," he said, panting slightly as he stood back up to face his teacher, Shiro following suit. Several little barks came from the Shiba puppy, "yeah that's right too. We just want to make sure our village is safe, and that's why we want to be able to fight so hard. We're gonna become ANBU as soon as we graduate!"

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin watched the boy use a jutsu, his eyes never blinking. Electricity. And it appeared he used his animal companion to help him. Not unheard of but still rare. There could be many ways to benefit from this.

"I understand." Kenshin said, his voice steady "That is a good technique you have there. I take it you will be focused on fighting unarmed with your companion there yes? If so, that goes right into my specialty." Kenshin would pace at this slowly. He would end up in front of a dummy by the end of his speech.

"As for your reasoning, it is a standard reply. Family duty is important to many shinobi. In my home villiage of Stone, the Yuu family is known for being a military family. I was expected to serve and when I found my inclination towards chakra, off to shinobi school I was sent. Much like you it seems, family duty drove me. And yes, there is something about protecting your village. I, who have shifted loyalties, understand this better than some. However, these are external reasons. Family and duty. They can go a long way but for the line of work you want to get into, you will require something a little more. What do you think that is. Maybe if I show you.

Finally stopping at the dummy, Kenshin would look at it for a second, his eyes narrowing for a second before the first punch would connect followed by a kick. Kenshin would seamlessly flow from one series of 16 hit combos into the next. The final punch uprooted the dummy, causing it to clang loudly.

Kenshin would just look at the student, his eyes full of determination. What did the boy see?

Inuzuka Akira

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Other than that stock response, he didn't know what other reason to give. There wasn't any unique reason that he'd started training to be a ninja; it was just all he knew and from the moment he could stand on two legs, his father would groom him to join the academy when he was older. He always just figured he needed more time to find some kind of unique ninja way that everyone else seemed to possess. The boy and his dog both watched in amazement at the quickly executed series of attacks of the teacher, wondering how long that must've taken to be able to move as quick as that. What was he supposed to take away from it though?

"Determination?" Akira said curiously, not entirely sure of his answer. He saw a pretty intense determination in the eyes of his teacher, nothing short of the will of fire in fact.

Shiro let out a couple of barks, translated by his master, "to be able to enjoy a battle?"

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin smirked a the boy and the pup. Had he been so young once? His parents often called him a little adult growing up for he almost refused to engage in "play" activities. Always the serious one.

"Both are handy to have. ANBU especially seem to enjoy their work. So yes... and no. It is hard to describe in words. Your next task is a simple one. I want you to attack me. Do not hold back. Let me see if you have what it takes." Kenshin would assume a stance and wait.

Would the student know what he was looking for? Determination was nice and all but sometimes it required something... well hopefully he had. If not, Kenshin would wonder if this young one would make it as a shinobi.

(OOC Don't worry. I sound ominous but you are ok. Kenshin is just feeling enigmatic. I blame my new schedule)

Inuzuka Akira

Yen
ASP
Deaths
What could it be that a shinobi needed that he couldn't seem to place his finger on? What more was there than determination and duty? Akira was pretty confused, and Shiro didn't look all that much more enlightened either. He got himself into position as the teacher ordered him to attack without holding back. He wasn't sure what he expected from the boy, and Akira was somewhat worried he wouldn't pass this guy's test.

The boy gave a nod to his ninken who swiftly charged at Kenshin, shortly followed by Akira who was going to flank him from the either side and attempt to take chunks out of the guy with his fierce claws.

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin waited for the attack but more importantly he watched the eyes of the boy attack him. For a fraction of a second he saw the problem. It was common in young shinobi who did not fully grasp the job they were signing up for.

Kenshin took the hits no problem. The slashes hit him and left small gashes on his arms. He popped his neck slightly

"Is this what a future ANBU does when given an order? Doubt? How many times will be be called to kill someone who is stronger than you? You will be fighting shinobi who were cruel enough to abandon the villages they were sworn to protect. Do you think they would squander a moment of indecision of their opponent? Show me you are ready. Show me you have what it takes.

As he retook his stance, a healing factor seemed to activate and the scratches he had sustained steamed slightly and seem to close.

Inuzuka Akira

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akira blinked... Doubt? What was he talking about...

"Doubt? You told me to attack and I attacked straight away. What are you talking about?" He growled, even more confused now than he had been as to what his new teacher was on about. He readied himself again, not a shred of hesitation this time as he lunged at Kenshin all over again, claws crackling with electricity as he tried to take more chunks out of Kenshin. Shiro provided back up by jumping at Akira from behind and running up his back before jumping over his head and attacking as well.

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin heard the words and felt the attacks.

Yes, this was what he was waiting for. The words anyone can say but to attack without hesitation despite knowing that you are outmatched. It was that fire that Kenshin wished to stoke. The Will of Fire, as he had come to understand it,meant passing the torch to the younger generation, that you would give anything to the younger generation so that they could succeed. That was part of it. The other part was the burning in one's belly when you were fighting. Sheer determination to overcome adversaries, to constantly become stronger Kenshin would call it "Leaf's Trial by Fire."

The difficulty of this lesson was that it is required of all shinobi to master and to practice on every mission they were given. Even at his level, there were shinobi who outclassed him and he had to train to be the strongest he could be. There was no room for error.

"You are learning the lesson. It is one lesson you will have to practice everyday to be a shinobi of the Leaf village. Now, let's take this to the next level.

As his body smoked a little, his body healing, Kenshin would let out a punch. Infused with the punch was a Genjutsu that caused the student to see a manifestation of his worst fears come to life standing next to Kenshin.

"What do you see? What is it that frightens you so? Are you brave enough to fight it? Can you fight it?

Inuzuka Akira

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akira felt himself brimming with that same determination he'd felt many times before when fighting alongside his friends. The desire to win and to not let anyone best him. Even Kenshin seemed impressed with his sudden action, no hesitation and no questioning. Shiro was supporting his master's attacks by jumping and landing a couple nasty blows on Kenshin who seemed to heal pretty quickly from any damage. Then, just as he began lecturing again, he felt a fist connect sharply with his chest and knock him back. He felt dazed and confused as he got back to his feet, staring groggily at his teacher... There was something standing next to him...

There was a low growl as he focused his vision on whatever had mysteriously appeared there. It was a panther; the same panther he'd found in the forest when he was younger that nearly mauled him alive. It was only because Aomaru had come to save him in time....He hesitated for a moment, stumbling back, his eyes as wide as dinner plates.

"What...did you d-do?!"

Akira growled, charging quickly at the illusionary panther, ready to unleash blind fury.

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin looked at the young boy, who was terrified. He wished there was another way. After all of his years of training himself and the next generation he found that his was the most direct route. And it better he learn it here than out there where that lesson would get him killed.

The little dog would lash at the creation he made. The panther would shriek but would slowly prowl around Akira, its mouth wide showing its fangs. A soft growl would come from the beast.

"This is what frightens you most. Why do you fear it? You did fear it but why? Is it death that scares you? Injury? Being maimed? I am here to tell you that this is what you will face daily as a shinobi especially for those in the ANBU corp. You will face injury, death, and much worse things if you are captured by the enemy. This is what you want. And I want you to succeed Akira. But to do this you must take the first step and face your fears. This beast here, what is it really? Think back to your studies. Master yourself and the rest will fall into place. What will you do now, future of Leaf?

Kenshin would cross his arms, waiting. Would Akira master himself or would fear take over?

Inuzuka Akira

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Even Shiro looked extremely taken aback by the sudden appearance of the big cat, looking as though he didn't know what to do, then peering to his master for some support. Akira was practically petrified, stuck in place as he was faced with the illusionary monster.

"I...c-can't..." He whimpered, shaking and sweating furiously. It wasn't until he felt a horrible crunch on his right hand and he looked down, realising Shiro had just sunk his teeth into his hand to snap him out of his daze. He let out a momentary yelp before falling to the ground, growling and panting as he looked back up, "I owe ya one," he whispered to his ninken before getting back up. He still looked shaken and intimidated, but in that moment, he'd realised his little brother was trying to remind him that it was only their entire career together that was at stake.

With one clean lunge, he launched himself at Kenshin, Shiro jumping off of his back to assist in the attack, both of them trying to attack their teacher as a means of dispelling the Genjutsu the only way they knew how.
OOC said:
Sorry for not posting, been going without internet for a few days ^^;

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
There was a moment where he hesitated, the fear almost overtook him. But his dog seemed to know a thing or two. Biting would force him to focus on the pain and not the illusion and it was all he needed before he lunged at Kenshin.

He let the attack hit and dispelled the genjutsu at the same time. The Black panther would melt away into the air. Still, the attacks did not cause Kenshin to move and it would feel like hitting a stone wall.

"Good. You are learning and together you make a fine pair." Kesnhin would say and drop any sort of battle stance.

"Enough. I think you have learned enough for one session. I support your decision for being an ANBU. Know that you will always have a teacher in me. If you are ever in need contact me and I will come running. This is a promise to you. I may see you in other classes or even your exam, but know that what I do is not out of malice but necessary preparation. Some students have hated me and lived out of spite. Some looked up to me and continued their training. Either way, so long as you live that is what matters. I don't care if you like me. Now, go and take a well earned break." Kenshin would say not unkindly.

After Akira left, Kenshin would pick up the crate and take it back to the shed, disappointed that more students did not come.

'Ah well there was always next time.

[topic left if allowed]

Hope you enjoyed
WC 1785

Your next post has to have at least 160 words and then it will count towards a tutor thread at exactly 1500 words

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back