Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

little demonic troubles [contract teaching]

Shion

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The little man never had much presence and this wasn't such an odd scene either. The guards at the gates didn't even notice him, since he didn't speak he didn't pick the guard's attention. After a small while, he was rather pent up with waiting and trying to gain attention that he saw the other way.
Shion had found a while ago a crack in the wall where he was small enough to get through the wall. It was a part that didn't get that well maintained and had easily been overlooked as it was somewhat hidden between bushes. It was tight and you certainly shouldn't be claustrophobic... but he did got through it somehow. "Yush..." His plan at this point was to go near his food festival or wild berries so he could eat somewhat his stomach full.

It wasn't far away from the wall where he had gone, yet the trees already had it packed rather thick around him. The only reason Shion knew the way was because he had marked the trees early on. Having made scratches on them and if he stayed in between he could easily find his way back. Just when he got to his spot he started to look in the one berry bush for some ripe to eat berries. 'C'mon... Don't tell me the animals already got them all...' After having just a small child hand full of berries he started to try to go a little further to attempt to find more food, anything. Even if he could bring some back for the others he met the other day was a mission success in his books. In his little pouch, he stored the current berries for later to munch on.

He still had his unapproved pass with him, all it was missing was a guard's stamp of approval, yet the kid was outside eating after having to stay there for god knows how long without them noticing him. He didn't have much more luck after, an apple, few more berries, and a few nuts. As he checked the surrounding he undid his bandages so he could eat the berries. They would be squashed either way once he had to go through that one hole again. "למה אין יותר מקומות לאכול במקום ... הלוואי שיכולתי לחלוק איתם." The words coming out of his mouth were with a tune of a bit of sadness and he would munch on one more berry before placing back the bandages.

ooc said:
למה אין יותר מקומות לאכול במקום ... הלוואי שיכולתי לחלוק איתם. = Why isn't there more around the place to eat... Wish I could share with them.
Topic for Takeshi as he is teaching yokai.

1/5
414/1500

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi was on duty that day, with the short staff that they had it seemed that nothing was going to be easy, he had been pulling guard duty at the gates on top of running the Branch and Assigning missions. His life seemed to be getting harder and harder each day that passed by. It seemed that every day now he needed to be in six different places at once, he missed having the ability to do that but right now it seemed that he needed to make sure the duties of the main branch where completed and done in the right way, with some of the guards and patrols having to pull double shift he didn't feel right not doing it with them. After all, a Sennin was supposed to be shown making sure that he did just as much work as the rest of them and that is exactly what he was going to do, after all even as Kage he lived by the motto that you should always be leading by example.

"Well after this shift I guess at least I have what four hours before the next one, so time will go quick that way. Besides not like anything actually happens the wall is pretty well guarded, and the forest itself is something of a show of leaves and covering the sun from the ground underneath it all. So basically it's just my daily exercise walking around and making sure everything is ok."

As he continued to walk around the outside of the village his eyes where caught on the attention of movement inside of the forest as he looked across and scanned it, his eyes picking out the shape of someone moving there, instantly his hand fell down to the holster that lay on his hip, feeling the familiar handle of his weapon, he felt the grip gently shift under his fingers as it perked up with excitement at the thought of being used. His eyes snapping out the figure that was what seemed to be searching for food, a weird place to do it and still off-limits for those that were unwelcome there. As he approached his eyes pinpointing the future and making sure that they were not able to escape his tracking.

"And what do we have here?"

His voice boomed into the tree line as he grew closer and closer each step he took making sure he landed on good footing for the situation if it escalated. As he put one hand close to his mic on his neck ready to trigger it if it works. The other hand let his thumb snap open the clip holding the weapon in the holster as one more he was willing to give them one more chance to answer. This was not a place to find someone on a casual stroll even he knew that much. He cleared his throat one more time before he spoke out aloud again towards the figure.

"Identify yourself now, this is your final warning"

[WC:504/1,500]
[Topic Entered]

Shion

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
lcdo6eD.png

Demonic Speech
Speech

Safeword Speech
Speech
Thought
Just as he was done placing the bandage back he tried to feel if it was still covering everything. Yet as he was only this young and this tiny in strength, he was rather quickly startled by the fact he heard a booming voice coming from somewhere. "And what do we have here?" His body had fully tensed up and he looked quickly around to see where it was.

His eyes widen up, his mouth went open slightly under the bandages and his movement halted. 'T-the... T-that is the sennin...' Was a thought crossing his head as he would be looking directly towards the Sennin standing in front of him. As panic started to take over he didn't really think of the fact that the other couldn't be understanding him in his demonic language. He swallowed a time thickly and emptied his pouch as he started to speak. Along with it, a paper fell an unapproved temporary passport, everything was filled in except the part that the gate watchers had to do.

"S-Nos paenitet! EGO eram iustus questus hic cibus est ut in medio foro est non ire. Non habeo adoptionem solos nominis pastores et milites sunt, ne quidem quid mihi semper respiciens conatus sum. Et stetit ibi honest!" The cursed were being spoken out so quickly that the child even started to stumble over his own words. After those flood of words he even reached inside his pocket to show the yen he had, which was just a sad number of 2. ""Scio me non licet sine charta extra muros, sed non exspectassent diu! Vere!" The boy started to point towards where he crawled through, namely a crack that was partially hidden by the natural fauna around. ""Si autem non habent hoc probare? Est hoc veni in fracturam in pariete, ubi ego sum et ego non habent Konoha Academia discipulus hic in domum suam in orphanotrophio aut vis." and just a moment later he crouched down a bit defeated and mopey that he had been caught, starting to hug his legs and starting to he feet. ""Scis?! Lacta me carcere? Liberum cibum ne calidum etiam esse bonum ... ... Modo sciam ego enim ex creat? Iam scio quid faciam ut homie infernum sentiunt!" He started to say afterwards, throwing a little tarantum and then settling down to be welcomed by a coughing fit. He had been talking so much that he had started to overwork his throat. Once he was done with the little coughing fit he would stand up again, looking to the sennin and only just now realizing.. that he started throwing around in demonic language...

You could see he only just now realized this himself as he facepalmed somewhat. Yet till now, he didn't find a safe word for sorry just yet.

OOC said:
WC: 465
TWC: 879 / 1500
DemonicEnglish
S-Nos paenitet! EGO eram iustus questus hic cibus est ut in medio foro est non ire. Non habeo adoptionem solos nominis pastores et milites sunt, ne quidem quid mihi semper respiciens conatus sum. Et stetit ibi honeste! S-Sorry! I was just getting food here as inside the market place is a no go. I have no yens and the guard keepers weren't even looking to me what ever I tried. I stood there honestly!

Scio me non licet sine charta extra muros, sed non exspectassent diu! Vere!
I know I am not allowed outside the walls without the paper, but I had waited there a long time! Really!
Si autem non habent hoc probare?
Est hoc veni in fracturam in pariete, ubi ego sum et ego non habent Konoha Academia discipulus hic in domum suam in orphanotrophio aut vis.
If I have to prove it I will!
There is this crack in the wall where I came through, I am an academy student here in Konoha and I do not have a home or want to be placed in the orphanage.
Scis?! Lacta me carcere? Liberum cibum ne calidum etiam esse bonum ... ... Modo sciam ego enim ex creat? Iam scio quid faciam ut homie infernum sentiunt!You know?! Throw me in prison! Free food, warmth... might even be better...
Just know I will crawl out of there! I already know how to make hell feel homie!
!! Please keep in mind you aren't able to understand these as well as someone else would that is close to him.

(Kelp): Means: "Hello."
(Salmon): Use for affirmation.
(Bonito flakes): Use for negation.
(Leaf mustard): Means "Are you OK?"
(Chopped katsuobushi): Means: "Idiot."
(Tuna Tuna): Means: "Look."
(Tuna Mayo): Means: "Beware." use for a warning.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Approaching the boy it seemed that he started to speak in tounges, not something that Takeshi had time for or appreciation for, frankly put he was outside of the village wales, now screaming at him in what could be considered something along the lines of demonic. Drawing out his sidearm he allowed the weapon to come up and be raised to the Academy Student, knowing full well that not making much sense in this situation would probably end up getting someone killed. Keeping the weapon trained on him he leaned down slightly to pick up the dropped temporary passport that had not been completed as he glanced at it seeing no stamp or confirmation had been given.

"I would begin making sense, or at least trying to make sense right now, because from where I am standing this situation is just getting worse and worse for you. No Passport, outside the Village Walls, and talking like a man possessed isn't the best look I would go at on a first time meeting. I am sure you would agree with that one."

Standing there in the woods, the look of annoyance that he was having to find yet more issue with younger Shinobi of the village was clear, though the rustling of leaves on the floor brought his attention behind Yoshino as he watched the creature stalk out of the darkness and bringing itself into the light. Bulky as always the form of Anubis walked towards the boy, its axe held low as it has followed the instructions of Takeshi and be lurking inside of the woods making sure there was no-one there that would cause any issues to the village later down the line. Its teeth snarled slightly as it glanced down to what could be described as helpless prey in the eyes of the jackal featured warrior.

"It seems you never could understand the Demonic Language Uchiha, but the kid is just stating they are basically broke, no money, and need food so came outside the walls to scavenge for food instead. Something about a crack in the wall over there, and that they are a student of the Village who snuck out using that. Then a bit of other stuff about prison for free food, or crawling away. A lot of ramblings of a kid right now and not much in the way of a spine. I might have to actually see if there is a spine there?"

The Axe head came and rested on the kids shoulder, the shape ended half moon pointed in the direction of her neck as it seemed Anubis was enjoying the new prey that he had found. Takeshi sighed slightly as he holsteded his gun, ignore the lust for blood that seemed to be coming from the weapon.

"Hole in the wall you say, is that right, might need to check that out actually, after all that could be a problem for us if it stays open or if it gets bigger. The part about wanting to shout and be sarcastic probably not your best move though Kid.

[WC: 1,020/1,500]

Shion

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He stopped talking when there was a gun legit aimed at him and he froze in his movements. It was even worse to a surprise when he heard someone stating they could understand him. A breath escaped him, till he heard him talking about his spine. He was sure he had one, how else could he get backpains after sleeping on the ground?
He was gritting his teeth at this point, being sarcastic? Wanting to shout? Was this man just joking at this point? He was holding a gun at a kid, not that that mattered for him. But this to him just seemed like another. 'i'm an adult and you the kid so listen and shut up' thing. It was only then that the thought about spine as in, having any backbone... on which his gears started to turn in his head.

The hands he raised before where was a gun aimed at him, lowered, till they were hanging beside his body. Looking towards the ground he started to talk in once more the demonic language. "No backbone? No spine? Then I wouldn't be living proof already... Every day I try my best to get a day further." He started and his eyes tried to look to the jackal and if he succeeded he gained visible goos bumps. "It's not my bad that your Hokage and masked creeps turn the truth away. I already am cursed, do your worst." The bandaged started to loosen up, revealing the cursed markings in between now on his cheeks.

[TWC: 1.139 / 1500]
[ooc= Takeshi cannot understand the words in glow, only Anubis can. I got lazy ._. ]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi looked towards the kid as he sighed to himself, It seemed that the boy didn't quite grip the reality of the situation that he had been caught out. Outside of the gates, outside of this place, and outside without any support from anyone else. This was the true feeling that it was to be someone that disregarded the rules of life. He sighed to himself as the boy started to talk again in what could be considered at this point some bastardized language that he would have no help in ever understanding. He put the weapon back where it belonged as he looked towards the huge form of Anubis who stood there waiting for instructions from its master.

"You still don't get it kid, I don't understand you, let's make that perfectly clear from the start of this interaction shall we?"

Anubis allowed himself to gently bring his weapon down as the tip of the axe rested against the ground. Pausing he looked over to his master in those few seconds. It seemed that Anubis wanted to speak and with a swift nod from Takeshi it was clear that he was going to be allowed to speak out in the open for once, though the snarling that came from him may have been slightly more unexpected than originally planned. He wasn't the best option but at least this way translation would be possible between the two of them. As he knew full well that communication would be through these two it seemed right now.

"It seems the boy is drooling on about the fact he is living proof about having a backbone, something something, every day a struggle. That whingey attitude annoys me but I will continue to listen to him. Now something about cursed, and Asuka doing something wrong. Nothing really unusual in that side of things."

Takeshi listened to his contract speaking as he listened to the words he shook his head, it always seemed these days that complaints happened about Asuka. He wondered if this is what her life was like when he was the Hokage. Brushing the thought away from himself he looked towards the kid then towards Anubis trying to use the best way for this conversation. He waved his hands lightly dismissing the conversation claims that came his way as well as was rough because he was cursed.

"Being cursed has nothing to do with having a bad life, that is your outlook on the situation and nothing to do with those around you at all. I do hope you realize that?"

Anubis shifted his weight as he turned himself around and begun walking into the forest. Leaving Takeshi grabbing a seat by a tree, it seemed he would be taking the girl for a little lesson.

"Follow me child, its time you had a different outlook on the world and see it for what it really is. Tell me as we walk through this forest what do you see?"

With that Anubis beckoned her to follow as the two of them headed into the forest.

[WC: 1,573/1,500]

Shion

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
At the words of the Sennin Shion sighed. He did fully understood him but at this point, it didn't seem any point in talking to the sennin anymore. The earlier sigh was an audible one for Takeshi to hear and Shion's gaze was to the ground till the point that the massive creature started to move and he instantly followed their movements.
Once more the giant start to tell his words towards the Sennin who replied towards him. 'That big dog is just a pigeon... relaying a message further...' Shion thought and started to tilt his head, yet he did look up again as he heard the sennin. "...?" He didn't really get what they were saying, what was there to realize? Though out his life nothing had been going good, it was always crap after crap after crap and he just struggled day in and day out to get over it. The sennin took a seat and wasn't exactly following what was going on anymore. He wasn't being killed right now?

The giant dog started to talk about following him and telling him stuff. At first, he wanted to grab his pouch of belongings... but he figured it would be safe around the sennin, at least he hoped so, and ran after the big dog. He tilted his head and made a run around the guy. Only now showing real interest but not a lot of fear. 'What does he mean exactly with to see... what see..? The situation in the walls? The situation right now? what I see in the forest..?'

At first, he walked in silence, hands behind his head and looking up, only feeling now that his bandages had started to become loose and he tried to put them right again by first removing them, re-applying them, and move along. Crossing his hands behind his head he started to think about it probably too much.

"In here..." He had to be thoughtful about how much he spoke since that curse had first attacked his voicebox before anything else in his body. "Like... the forest..." he started to look around. "Lot's of leaves, which are places to hide... Berries which can be used for food... The little critters around that share these things..." He was wondering if he was thinking the right way. "Warmth of the sun, cold of the shadow, living critters, dead critters which are being recycled.." He couldn't name much more at this point.

[twc: 1.550 / 1500]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Anubis continued to walk deeper into the forest with the child, he listened to her speaking to him as his ears turned their attention back to him, he seemed to be speaking about anything directly around him, as his feet came up over a trump and back down the sound of breaking bones and squashing skin could be heard, and a small animal cried out in distress before the silence came back. Not even glancing at what he had just killed he continued walking forward instead, it seemed the response from the girl hadn't gone down well with him but he didn't have the energy to waste explaining why her response was wrong yet.

"You see the surface of this place, the darkness is creeping in now keep up if you get lost we are done here and you can find your own way back"

His strides seemed to be getting longer as he continued to walk into the darkness, it seemed that light was now going from around them and what would be the distinct figure of the contract was darkening and getting harder and harder to see. The sound of the footsteps where the only thing soon that could tell the direction that Anubis was walking in. Silence had completely consumed them otherwise, the sound of rustling levels from other creatures in the deepest part of the forest. It seemed that no matter what Yoshino tried the darkness would have taken them both on separate paths.

This was more and less a game and prey and predator, even in the darkness with nothing left to hold onto. It was at these times that someone truly found themselves, or they let the assignment of madness creep in and take hold of it. It was nothing short of sink or swim for some people and right now the jackal-like creature decided to test that theory out and see what the student would do given the situation that they were placed in. With the small rustling of the winds, it seemed that the trees were talking to themselves, with darkness against him it would be her mind that played games against him, and honestly, right now he needed to decide what was real or not.

"It's weird isn't it, when being lost, terror creeping into the mind, all sense of dread coming in, and nothing you can do about it. So tell me young one tell me right now what do you see?"

Shion

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
His ears perked up when he heard the small little critter died under the weight of the other. He would stick out the tip of his tongue that he still didn't a had a full stomach for the crackling of bones. It gave him actually a shudder, but not because the creature died but by the inhuman sounds the bones had made. He retracted his tongue and looked up once more to the big dog-like creature. 'So... I don't look good enough..? he thought to himself as he started to tilt his head a little. "How come you can understand me..?" He asked eventually and had to cough a single moment as he felt irritation set in his throat.

What exactly does he mean with... If you get lost we are done..? And I can find my way back..? He started to get puzzled but because of this, he didn't notice quick enough that the light around them had faded away. He halted in his moment and took a moment to look around. The thing was gone... and so was every little bit of light. Genjutsu..? They are able... but no... He had been there a moment ago...' The gears in his head started to turn more and more as he started to think, walking along. sounds... sounds of footsteps... He started to walk in the direction that he heard those footsteps coming from.

It didn't seem to matter to where he was going... There seemed to be no end to this. ' No matter what the other said... This just seems like a mere impossible thing... A doubt sunk in as he looked around, everything was looking different. 'What if the story is real and the black monster is going to grab you now since there is no light... Just like when you need to run upstairs in the dark... A mere child story almost like the same as keeping arms and feet inside the bed under a blanket or the bed monster would catch you a thing. His heart did start to pound faster, but there was hardly seen on his facial expression something was changing.

"It's weird isn't it, when being lost, terror creeping into the mind, all sense of dread coming in, and nothing you can do about it. So tell me young one tell me right now what do you see?" The creature's voice started to speak about what one felt, what one could and would think about... and now he asked what he saw. It felt like a contracting thing to be asking. At first, the boy remained silent and thinking about it while battling his own demon which was his mind at this moment. "It... is weird... Just like the stories about the bed monster, it plays tricks on the mind... You make up things that spark more fear in the mind, eventually, render a person unable to think clearly... But...To answer your question... I guess 1. I wasn't brave at all back there. The mind of my own is deceiving me at this very moment... Collecting thoughts about what is real and what not, possible scenarios which can or cannot be real. Contradicting themselves. 2) What I visually see is darkness and trees..?" He wondered the last part a little. "3. That there is more beyond my initial thought. and... What I see and feel are two different things..."

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Anubis continued into the forest each step he took a precious foot tread left as a constant reminder in the darkness that even without light things still survived. They still developed and dedicated themselves to working in the shadows unseen by anyone. The footsteps as the boy spoke slowly started to fade to nothing as it just became the darkness and nothing else around the boy. Anubis was already into the shadows and completely gone as he listened to the boy talking to himself. It seemed that he was struggling to find the answers to the questions that were being asked, but that didn’t matter to the huge jackal creature. It wasn’t an issue for him to see in this.

“Maybe and maybe not. That would depend on how you see things, and your life is so young that you really have no idea how untrue what you are speaking is. You will learn of course, but it will take time, so much time, so much struggle, so much paint. So much darkness, that is the only true thing in this world, darkness will consume everything no matter how much you try and stop it. No matter how much you do to prevent it Darkness will always take a hold why do you think we work so well in that place, invading the deep holes in the mind and making those suffer with that small weakness”

Anubis was now talking from everywhere, and elsewhere. There was no one place that he was going to be at yet at the same time able to see and hear everything. It was just the pitch black now that the boy would be able to see. Just darkness would come around him; it seemed that he would be playing games with the boy for exactly this reason. Someone so oblivious how the world continued to spin around, and the fact that he could be given impressions that was something that could be useful for the future.

“You could be useful to us, so it's down to you which way you want to go, further down into the darkness and to see what the future may hold, or turn around now walk towards the light and towards freedom. Our game here is done, we are done. It's just down to you to walk into the darkness and sign a pack with our kind. Or turn and walk to the light and you can simply forget this conversation happened at all. The choice is completely down to you.”

With that Anubis vanished leaving the darkness on one side of the boy and the light on the other side. It was down to him which option he would take, but right now it seemed that even Takeshi and his pet where gone leaving the choice completely down to the boy.

[Contract Taught: Youkai]
[Topic Left]

Shion

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It didn't seem like his words were still the correct ones, yet he was glad to see that he didn't make a wrong answer in any case. He was just so young that he didn't understand them properly, it perhaps it was honestly the language barrier that was in between.

"No matter how much you do to prevent it Darkness will always take hold why do you think we work so well in that place, invading the deep holes in the mind and making those suffer from that small weakness” It made sense to the little guy... After all, it seemed like many things were going around from that. He looked up and started to halt once more in his movements. It was so odd... hearing its voice coming from all the directions right now. ' down to me..?' the young child wondered what he meant with these words. Looking around he noticed that one side was lit up and the other was still in total darkness.

'I guess I still don't know anything... Even though I thought I knew it all...' He started to tilt his head, the calm manner of him soon fell over him as he took a step towards the darkness. 'I am not scared anymore like how I was a moment ago...' he went further in his thoughts as he walked further in the darkness, signing a pact with them. 'What if... We all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on, that's who we really are..' "I do accept." He smiled at last and hopefully fulfilled the pact.

[ooc: Thank you for teaching me Takeshi!]
[Accepting contract taught Yokai]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back