Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Looking for answers (Shiori)

Randamu Kyarakuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The caverns around the undersea stretched far and wide, it was of course possible due to the amazing tunnel system that not only used to, but still are, used to transport people, cargo, used to hike or meet up for sexy times. Illegal and legal activity alike takes place in these things, but why was he here? It was simple, he was looking for the tunnel in the ANBU reports, the one that lead to the final confrontation before the bombs went off. It was the only place he had to start looking for clues, and so here he was dressed in full stealth garb, digging through the dirt for any signs of anything. He didn't know what, but there had to be something. A piece of a ninja somewhere, a trinket, a symbol, foot prints, an off shape rock, anything would do. Where was a ancient being with all the answers when you needed one?

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
She was alone as she often was in the evening, before the hours of the nocturne. She was biding her time for the most part, watching and preparing for her time to strike against the Kazekage. He had made little progress these past several months in creating a 'god-killing' blade. During this time she was slowly regaining her strength, taking the essences of the unwanted and the forgotten. She was slow in her preparations but she was playing the long-game, she was well-aware of the rising tensions between the Daimyo and the hidden village. It was amusing that someone else might do her dirty work for her, in a way her and the Daimyo wanted the same thing but for different reasons.

What was she doing here, beneath the Toraono Dojo and near one of Sunagakure's main sources of water? Wouldn't you like to know. Her reasons cannot be shared, however she was there and that was all that mattered. The soft mire contained the sounds of her steps as she approached the curious man from behind. He seemed to be searching... digging. Her shadow would loom, that announcing her presence as loudly to him as would a shout or a cry to another. "Once we assuage our conscience by calling something a "curiosity", it begins to look more and more mundane but we both know it is not. So greetings,"<i></i> Shiori announced stopping behind him. She did not seem threatening, rather curious instead. She had no reason or will to stop him from whatever devious act he was undertaking however she was the kind of woman that wanted to know everything that was going on. A war was coming and a war was already underway, now was the time to know on what side of the field everyone stood on.

Randamu Kyarakuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Once we assuage our conscience by calling something a "curiosity", it begins to look more and more mundane but we both know it is not. So greetings..."

He felt her presence, it wasn't a secret nor was she hiding it. He could feel subtle shifts not only in the shadow, but the scent of female on his nose, as they where with their fragrances. He stopped digging, and slowly stood upright, smacking his hands against his pants and hips knocking the dirt off, before spinning around to meet her gaze. His face hidden behind a solid white mask, eyes and a smirk drawn on it, almost like a jester which betrayed the emotions of the man behind it. He was an ANBU yes, but hardly anyone in the village knew him, even fewer knew his identity, it's what he was trained for, molded for, in all those years.
bf19a0bb152bb4fcdc7fbf63d6c42993.jpg

"Good evening ma'am, out on a stroll? Lost perhaps?" he voice was not his actual voice, modulated by the darkness in his throat changing the octaves of his voice, giving a reverberating but deep sound. Like having a low pitch auto tune on. He knew whatever she was doing here, it wasn't a stroll or her being lost, she carried herself confidently, had a large vocabulary and seemed rather brave. He could make more assumptions based on her look, minutia of her movements, and vocal tones but he would need to hear, see, feel more. For now the game was afoot, and he played the coy ANBU on a mission only he could know.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
She would not recognize him, she was a fresh AiT and she was not in garb. The smiling mask that looked back at her with that Cheshire grin and a pair of almond hollowed pits that seemed to delve into darkness. The shadows swayed an eerie dance to an unheard and unsung tune. She did not know him, even if they had met before at some point in perhaps a previous life she would still not recall him. The faces seemed endless to her, nameless and formless, easily forgotten in a sea of others that all looked the same.

"Good evening ma'am, out on a stroll? Lost perhaps?"

She approached without fear although there was an inherent caution. "No, I came for the... water," she lied. She walked up to the site where he was digging and looked upward. Below the Toraono Dojo, interesting. She bent over and grabbed a handful of soil and let it fall through her fingers. It had been a long time since the Cabal attacked, since the maw of Barynx was destroyed and since she died. They were at the mouth of one of the many tunnels that led to the Toraono Dojo from the depths. The tunnel had collapsed during the first part of the invasion, simultaneously with every other tunnel that led to the surface less the maw itself that was rigged to explode. She was there for that tripwire breaking, the Sennin had rushed past her and there was a series of explosions that decimated the community. She died disarming one of the bombs and that was when she remembered. Ever since then her life has been a series of unfortunate events.

"Call sign?" she asked simply. She knew they never shared their real name, 'Kaza' made that abundantly clear to her. She also knew that you wore your mask when on duty and curiosity had not killed her yet - although others things already had. She had already started to assimilate herself into the ANBU ranks, but thus far she has found her tenure stagnant. The ANBU who precepted her did not seem to care for her and she found her lack of interaction and progress frustrating. "I am Rioshi, the Stew... I mean Kazekage's secretary," she stated in a self-introduction if asked before she would extend her hand in greeting.

She seemed out of place in this subterranean space that was rarely visited. Her white leather garments seemed to miraculously repel the dirt. She looked like she was about to go out somewhere, not dig in the mud. Her long blond tresses hung from her head in beachy waves. She was not under a henge but the form was not hers naturally. Beneath a flesh-like carapace was a swirling vortex of sand, wind and pure energy. He would be right to be suspicious of her intentions, after all how often does a woman like her merely show up and start making small talk to a masked stranger inspecting a hole. She was actually here to look at the same tunnel ironically, curious to know if this tunnel was also destroyed like the rest. She hoped it had been repaired by now, but it appeared that such was not her luck.

He would likely shoo her off, but it was still worth a shot. "Do you mind if I stay... and help?" She actually had no idea what he was doing, she hoped it would be a repair of the tunnel but she had no intent of allowing him to succeed even if that was why her was there. He was alone in a near forgotten place, his identity a secret from everyone less the Kazekage and Sennins he would be barely missed. She planned on eating him. She would wait until he was far enough in the cave that prying eyes would not see, it would be then that she would strike. "Or keep you company... I am terribly bored."

Randamu Kyarakuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"No, I came for the... water,"

"I think you missed it then." he said, pointing to the fact that she was quite a bit away from the undersea proper.

"Call sign?"

"Call sign? ...Enigma he said, almost considering not giving it, or making one up. Then again, that one was made up, he asked for it specifically. It wasn't just a call sign but a signature, like a hacker signing his own code. It may get him caught one day, but today wasn't that day. "I am Rioshi, the Stew... I mean Kazekage's secretary," she then offered up right after, and extended her hand. He would shake it firmly and confidently as one might expect from a man who carried themselves as he did. If a wide angle lense would catch a shot of this, it would show a very yin yang look to the two of them. one clad in all white, the other all black. They both really looked like edge lords, but clad in different colors.

"Do you mind if I stay... and help?"

"You can stay, but please don't lift a finger. My search here is almost complete. Besides, I wouldn't want to scuff your beautiful ensemble." he said very dryly. His entire tone was mostly that way, as was his personality in general, even if he cared you'd never know. "Or keep you company... I am terribly bored." she was terribly insistent on being in his presence, so either she admired him and wanted to make this a rated X situation, or she had a malicious intent, not that the two were mutually exclusive. She just met him, knew nothing but what his mask looked like, and was here seemingly out of nowhere. There was something to this meeting that made him uneasy, and he shifted his stance just a bit, sliding his right foot back a bit and digging it into the dirt slightly.

"Did you want to tell me why you're actually here though? Or should I play the guessing game Ms. Secretary?" he wasn't sure she was actually here for malicious intent, just following a gut feeling the whole situation was giving him mixed with how calm and cool her demeanor was in a cave with a stranger in a creepy mask. Those where the ones you really had to look out for. The question was a bluff, a bait, would she bite?

[MFT WC: 263]

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths

The entrance into Sunagakure was interesting; it had multiple levels, ranging from above ground to being by a place called the 'Undersea'. The undersea was the location of Suna's biggest source of water, without it the village would perish. Below the depths of the dojo he felt a strange aura emit from below sands; it felt like a whirling vortex of pure elemental power. Not chakra like your average shinobi, but just the essence of an element, this phenomena was quite foreign to the sennin as he wasn't sure what to expect. The energy wasn't, couldn't be from any normal shinobi, no. It had to be something of greater magnitude, whether it be good or evil mattered naught. He took his first steps downwards to the Undersea, his footsteps quietly echoing through the underside of the dojo.

He heard the slight sound of digging echo through the hollow walls, What could someone be digging for this close to the water? Are they crazy? In honesty he wasn't sure how dangerous it really could be, but it seemed idiotic to him nonetheless. He would stop just out of sight of the two figures that stood adjacent with eyes locked. One donned a sheer white mask that contrasted his pitch black clothing, he could spot an anbu a million miles away with his eyes closed, yet he wasn't the source of the 'disturbance'. His rippled eyes locked onto the white-leather clad women. His eyes dug deep into her, yet he didn't see chakra... No. He wasn't sure what he was seeing... It was nearly breathtaking. The power he felt from the women was almost suffocating, had he been much closer to human it probably would be. He took in a deep breath and decided it was time to step out of the concealment of shadows.

The pair would've heard his footsteps gradually approach, whether they turned their heads or not was up to them, but their unawareness wasn't going to stop him, it never had. He had appeared at what some would describe as "inopportune", but every inopportune time could be reverted with enough effort. His eyes scanned over the anbu, he didn't seem to be a threat, but that was the guise of most anbu. He paid a dry compliment, the tone would've gone over most but he had honed his skills over years of practice and application, the man was testing the waters. He would point a proverbial finger at the leather-clad vixen and that would be when he spoke up, Didn't your mother ever teach you it's rude to assume the intents of others? His voice echoed through the halls, being heard by any nearby; at this point it he was bound to have the attention of the two; they would see a tall, lanky man with unkempt hair and hypnotic rippling eyes, with a pair of small frame glasses to compliment his face.

He would take his time to gauge the women. Her aura was nothing he had experienced before or even heard rumors of, but this was his first trip to Sunagakure, and he had heard very few rumors in regards to them. He could sense an ever shifting movement in side her, it was if sand was just moving inside of her constantly, but that was impossible, wasn't it? As a new arrival it was only common courtesy to introduce himself, he bowed his head slightly and spoke his alias, Kaze Akashi, a pleasure. His alias was one he had stuck with for some time and was a joke in disguise; it mean't proof or evidence, yet it provided neither for himself.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma; but perhaps there is a key.

She was curious but not for curiosity's sake. While his efforts were not entirely clandestine, he made an effort to conceal his identity but in all honesty it drew more attention than it took away. A grown man in a smirking, painted mask, one would have thought it Halowwen if it was not for the fact that such regalia was commonplace among shinobi forces.

He gave her a name -- Enigma/ She had never heard of him. Names had importance and meaning, with each moniker a mask and an idenity. Some changed their face as often as they changed their underpants. With that they were a new man, at least in their own mind as they wore their newest designation like some would wear armor. Names were disposable but the man underneath was not. He never changes -- the mannerisms, these nervous ticks and their choice of words stay the same despite conscious efforts. She mouthed the name for later memory. Was he the Steward's loyal lapdog or was he working in cadence with a nefarious person?

She saked to stay to sate her inquisitive nature, this was true in part but she was also feeling a bit peckish. This Enigma was an unknown and unknowns are rarely missed. She stalked closer, her shadow laid overtop the mysterious masked man as she peered at his works. It was nothing special, just a hole to her. She frowned with disappointment.

"Did you want to tell me why you're actually here though? Or should I play the guessing game Ms. Secretary?"</B><i></i>

Without a verbal reply and hardly an outward sign, dark energies would converge at her fingertips. Whatever he was working on was not important anyways. She was about to wrap her fingers around his throat as she imbued her corruption into him and ensured his hasty demise. Her malevolent chakras were more than enough to kill most men but they had a pesky habit of making the more durable among them even stronger, making for a powerful and irked enemy at a later date. Survivors always proved problematic at a later time. Still he was justp an ANBU, one who did not even have a reputation, how strong could he possibly be?

She reached for him but she stopped when her ears heard before her eyes saw an interloper. She scowled, it was some mousy busybody that made his approach. Both under and over-dressed fir the occasion with a case of bedhead and an untucked dres shirt and a solid, unclipped tie. He looked utterly average an mundane with the glasses, if it was not for the ripples she identified in his eyes. They reminded her of a prominent clansmen in Sunagakure.

Didn't your mother ever teach you it's rude to assume the intents of others?

<B>"Sennin?" Shiori called out, question laced her words as she identified the man by his rinnegan. There were a number of bodies that hosted the shared consciousness of the Boarder Sennin Toraono Kuro but none were quite so... petite. The others shared demonic characteristics that this young man seemed to lack less the eyes. whomever he was, he seemed interested in whatever they were doing. Her lower lip jutted out only slightly as she quietly pouted. She started to absorb her dark chakra, the very tainted essence she was about to expend back into her body as she forced a thin smile to come over her face. She placed her hands at her sides as she allowed these Ancient energies to fully resolve as let out a sign as she further forced her pale painted lips to curl into a genteel smile. "It is so good to see you again Sennin..."

Kaze Akashi, a pleasure

He nodded his head politely as he corrected her with another name. She did not know or recognize him. "My appologies, I am unfamiliar with your ...demon? ...family." She sought to identify who he was but did not care greatly enough to exert too much effort. He was a witness, that already ruined her meal. Her hope for an easy meal was wasted, she was not going to risk a two on one fight. "If you would excuse me..." she started to announce as she began to back away from Enigma. She would have to find another, easier meal.

Randamu Kyarakuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She was silent to his words, a tense stillness filled the air. It was obvious she was here to harm him now, the evidence being pretty straight forward this time, even if he couldn't catch the micro-movements. He could still feel the imminent threat, like a dog who could sense evil forces and spirits and bark at them. It was unnerving, having this pristine porcelain woman staring him down with that murderous intent. She reached out, as if she was about to bound outward at him. He stepped forward, as if about to do the same when they were interrupted by a third party, an interloper. Was this about to be a ganged up on situation? He was out numbered, and with that mans eyes he felt maybe more than he knew. The ANBU weren't dumb, they knew about the rinnegan, the toroano clan had a member of the fancy eye people as their main leader. While he never met the man personally, he would assume that given the amazing status of his character around town, that this wouldn't be him or one of his bodies.

Didn't your mother ever teach you it's rude to assume the intents of others?
"Sennin?"
"It is so good to see you again Sennin..."
Kaze Akashi, a pleasure
"My appologies, I am unfamiliar with your ...demon? ...family. If you would excuse me...""

He would subtly channel chakra into his feet as he had stepped forward previously using their exchange as a good chance, locking her shadow down with his bloodline, but it was much more subtle than anything a Nara has really done. She could still move freely, but he shadow wouldn't leave under his feet. He would attempt to reason with the two of them, so it wouldn't have to come to the violence. His was the only one who could do it. He couldn't let her get away, not until he figured out her purpose.If not her purpose here, than her purpose existing as a being, what she hoped to accomplish being alive. If she was willing to attack an unknown opponent, her purpose here or in sunagakure couldn't have been great. She claimed to be a secretary, and she may had been one, but she wasn't here as one now. That just left the other one, mysteriously appearing as he had done to folks so many times. This person had given his name, a pleasantry nobody else here shared with him.

"I must insist that both of you come with me to the ANBU headquarters so I may question you properly about your interference in my investigation."

Shiori would find herself unable to leave the immediate area if she tried, like a barrier had been erected for her. In actuality she was being bounded back toward Enigma, his control of her shadow allowing him to do so.

"Would you be so kind as to come peacefully?" he spoke to the room, not just Shiori.

[MFT: WC: 494]

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths

He felt an eerie energy come from the pristine women, it seemed almost evil of a sorts, but what was she trying to do? What was her goal, her angle? It was unclear who the aggressor in this situation was. Though the women somehow guessed his title, either by accident or by reading up about him in those dastardly tabloids. He gave a cautionary stare and nodded his head, I might be, but that's a quick statement. He looked the women up and down with his rippled eyes; she wore a pure white outfit, that was rather revealing on the top half, it reminded him of a heated tryst he had but now was neither the time nor place for a good arm ripping session.

His eyes never left her though, something was off about her. Normally where lengths of coils flooding with chakra, was instead replaced with an ever shifting sand. What was she? She could not be human; humans thrived off their spiritual energy just as much as their physical energy. Though she was very much so alive, and breathing. The curiosity about my heritage can wait... He took a step closer an expensive scent hit hise nose, he looked her in the eyes, Because you are much more interesting.. I see something in you. Something shifting around. His ear flicked as he heard a subtle footstep move forward; with a quick adjustment of his center of gravity, he slid back only a feet or two away from the women.

He let out a terse sigh, why couldn't people have civil conversation without involving chakra or shenanigans. He watched a shadow reach around and entrap the lovely Pandora's Box. The ANBU would announce an order of sorts. He scoffs out loud, and obnoxiously. The man took a single step towards the anbu, his foot step echoed loudly through the air and would resonate in his ear, I don't quite believe you have that type of authority. His eyes would make a slight shift to shadowy link, and observed it carefully; it was intricately woven, something that was unique, and not easy to do, we was colored slightly impressed. Though he wasn't having this, I don't rightfully know what investigation you're talking about, but any sensible member or the corps, would've had this area blocked off as restricted, seems like a novice move to me.

It donned on him that the boy was speaking not just to Shiori, but also to himself, which boded some issues with him. He rose eye brow towards him; the people in the vicinity would begin to feel their hair slowly begin to rise. From how he was talking, it appeared he was trying to feign some sort of position of authority. Though authority recognizes authority. He was careless, and wasn't methodical; if he was in his shoes both of use would be constricted. This was a move of someone that didn't want to cause more trouble than he could dish, which showed weakness, or restraint.

The weightlessness would begin to become more profound as their feet would begin to leave the ground; disrupting the connection of the shadow. If you wish me to go anywhere, I suggest you call in someone with either more authority or maybe less restraint on their capabilities. Otherwise... I'm staying here and will conduct my own investigation. His cold, calculated eyes met with the vacant black orbs of the masked man in the air. He took another step towards the airborne anbu and just bored his eyes into him, And tell me shadow wielder, do you want me to find what you are looking for? Or maybe what you are hiding? The last notion was a brash accusation, but a possibility nonetheless.

He rubbed the bridge of his nose a bit, and held his hand the air as his slowly began to bring it down. He grabbed hold of the woman's hand to help he down, even though he was more than positively she was more than capable; he just wanted feel her essence more. He could feel a churning sand moving through her body, where blood would be he imagined sand took its place. Things keep getting more and more interesting. Curious... What do you bleed if not blood? That was a question he expected no answer from, but it would be one that he kept in mind. Were their others similar to her? Though she was not a focus now, This is a fair middle ground; I've caused no international cause to warrant an escort to your HQ. Call your superior if you wish to extradite me, but this can all be settled here civilly

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The curiosity about my heritage can wait... Because you are much more interesting.. I see something in you. Something shifting around.

The stranger made his approach, his statement disconcerting. How did he see anything? She looked human enough in her opinion. She instinctively took a step back. It was not so much out of fear as much as it was out of caution. He did not look the part of a Ranger, at one time they were experts at identifying her kind and they hunted her brothers to near extinction. What she did know was that he was certainly no Toraono with that comment. Her eyes darted from the ANBU to the stranger with too keen an interest in her to the collapsed tunnel to the shore of the undersea and she considered her options. Their combined force could overwhelm her, the stranger had not called her an Ancient yet and that was perhaps the only advantage they had -- the fact that they likely would not know how to keep her dead. "I am just the Kazekage's secretary satisfying a curiosity," she insisted.

She had every intent of leaving this place peacefully, this time. Her white boots scuffed the ground as she started to make her departure, her shadow remained in her wake however. She felt a tug, not the kind that you would feel when someone wraps their hand around your arm or your throat but she would have a similar sense of breathlessness. It was the result of confusion and dire trepidation. She did not like to be limited or controlled, the loss of such liberties caused a panic to well up inside of her. It is of course natural to be uncomfortable with the notion of restraint and the loss of liberties that comes with it, control and autonomy are the two things a person with nothing can still posses because the last thing even the poorest of men has to relinquish is control over their own person unless it is taken from them. It is the basis of this silent war she had been preparing for in the dark, the reason she fed the way that she did - Sousuke had the means and the willingness to subjugate her kind preemptively 'in case' they did something regrettable. There was a sense of betrayal that cut through the sinews of her heart when he admitted to this and when she confronted him. When the threw down the gauntlet and in haste threatened a child with harm, he came and in her hubris he defeated the weakened and near-starved Ancient. He then cut into her, studied and hurt her as he filled the wounds he made in battle and curiosity with stone. She woke up screaming and she remembered the crystal that crept over her uncovered form, the indignity of being left in the apex of her suffering before a small audience as he suffocated her in front of the last of her kin. She did not honestly believe that they would stand by idly as they had, but they did and she felt ashamed and betrayed because of it. There was something heavy in the pit of her gut whenever she thought about it, whenever she thought out the fact that they just let her die and would again.

"I must insist that both of you come with me to the ANBU headquarters so I may question you properly about your interference in my investigation."

She knew full well that there was no policy, procedure or protocol among the ANBU. The one thing Kaza had taught her was that they were not the police. Concerns over jurisdiction, proof or even the outcome was self-evident. Certainly their focus and ire was on the reprobate, decayed and sorriest parts of society. Once inside, there was no assurance she would ever leave especially if they determined what she was. She did not need to protected, not anymore. She had eaten her fill dozens of times over, but this was one of those rare moments where the prey had had led the predator to an inopportune place. The thing with her was... she did not need to move to fight back. She parted her lips, intending fully to use her enthralling voice to compel him when the interloper intervened.

I don't quite believe you have that type of authority.

The resounding force of his step pained her ears and she winced. She pulled at her unseen and unfelt restraints, her exertion non-apparent less the well-defined tendons and ligaments visible in her neck. A fine mimic of human biology and its connective tissues beneath the thinnest of layers of porcelain-like sand.

I don't rightfully know what investigation you're talking about, but any sensible member or the corps, would've had this area blocked off as restricted, seems like a novice move to me.

She had not considered that fact, she had no actual interest in the tunnel he was investigating. She was simply looking for an easy meal and the lone ANBU was just a target of opportunity. Was the bookish stranger some sort of ANBU or scholar? Neither would have been to her benefit. She let out a breath of air through her nares as she tugged and strained again again, feeling more like a fly on a web than anything else. She began to get restless as she felt a shift in what she thought was the earth below her, but rather it was not the earth but herself that seemed to be undergoing a change as gravity was simply 'turned off.' As her boots parted with the ground, momentarily stuck in place by the reluctant and resilient shadows her vision was obscured by her long golden tresses that simply floated about in the absence of a gravitational pull. She would thoughtlessly try to brush the hair out of her line of vision only to find that the shadows had maintained their grip still. "...What are you doing to me?" The tips of her boots would break from the dusty earth and one of the two restraints would shatter, she would find herself capable of movement but an an inopportune moment as her continual pulls now had no traction or counter-force and she would do a graceless tumble mid-air and let out a shocked sound. Was it a scream? If so she would have been too proud to admit it. When the revolution of the awkward fall with no landing ended she would find her line of vision aligned with the floor. The thing with a lack of gravity or proximity is that balance lacks equilibrium. The ground was beyond arm's reach making it useless to try to pull herself straight so she remained in this cockeyed position as if a still-frame in mid-flight. She considered running her hands through a seal array and maintain her dignity but unlike a member of the Deep Court, her ego was not quiet so fragile. Knowledge of shinobi techniques or her own personal skill-set was a secret she planned to indefinitely maintain.

If you wish me to go anywhere, I suggest you call in someone with either more authority or maybe less restraint on their capabilities. Otherwise... I'm staying here and will conduct my own investigation. ...And tell me shadow wielder, do you want me to find what you are looking for? Or maybe what you are hiding?

The gravity seemed to be 'turned back on' and she prepared herself for impact, knowing well enough a bit of dust and a maladroit landing was hardly enough of a reason to break the character she had created she found her hands flinching due to years of practice. The stranger grasped her hand before she plummeted the pair of feet that separated her from the ground.

Curious... What do you bleed if not blood?

She snatched her hand away when he said that. Was it a threat or simply a rude statement. "Next you're going to claim I am not a real blonde," she tried to change the topic of conversation as she inspected her own hand. Was there something wrong with it? Did he do something to her? Her other hand was still burdened by the same dark energies she had intended to slay 'Enigma' with and she willed herself to swallow these dark energies once again, leaving only a dull ache in her hand after. These malevolent energies did not entirely subside, they were still there just not nearly as apparent.

This is a fair middle ground; I've caused no international cause to warrant an escort to your HQ. Call your superior if you wish to extradite me, but this can all be settled here civilly

She looked at the both of them and took a step away from the both. She had a role to play for now and with a pair of prideful men this could easily turn into a scuffle, the irony being neither of them were the villain in this story - she was supposed to be the profligate miscreant, not they. Yet the irony does not truly end there, not one of them here was truly a hero but each wore a cape or a mask as a disguise but that was a fact that Shiori could not possibly know. Her left hand raised, her right slowly reached onto her front right pocket and a pair of fingers pinched a small white earbud attached to a small mouthpiece by a narrow length of plastic. "I can call the Steward... I mean Kazekage," she offered "or Sennin Toraono." She was unaware that Kaza, better known as Kasha, Zombie, Tenken and Roku was a Sennin as was Kazuki or at least in his Sennin role Reaper and even if she did she would never call either. Her odds would be stacked against her in doing so, Kazuki knew what she was and she did not trust him. Despite what she had done, all for want of friendship to ease this lonesome burden, he was no friend of hers. Kaza, she did not like him -- she felt that he had something really far up his ass, she was pretty sure it was an arm and that he was not even human but rather a man-sized sock puppet and she did not know yet if she cared for the puppeteer. In all honesty, she did not know if she wanted to call either. She was playing a dangerous game as of late, just trying to survive long enough to be able to fight back.

She let out a huff of air, her cursed hand swatted the air in Kouin's general direction. If her hand landed on him, she would feel a drain from her fingertips and in the wake of her touch she would curse him and his progeny if he survived her cancerous touch long enough to do so. Similar to cursed seals, power is given at the expense of one's life and sanity, most don't survive the process. Was it intentional? Yes, she was trying to hurt him. She had no idea he was a Sennin and likely to survive the assault. What was a Sennin doing underground in the Undersea?
[DS weekly Cursed Seal: James I know you have been waiting for it and I think Jay also wants one so whomever]

Kouin

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Silence filled the air has his brash accusations fell silent on the young man. He scoffed slightly, he slid his hand into his pocket and pulled out a simple playing card. The card was the variable joker, nothing on its own, but had the potential to be any and everything; that was the way of the anbu, or so the way he was taught. I guess silence does fall when the question is asked. He moved towards the man silently; his eyes searched his body for any hints of reactionary movements, but he appeared to have gone silent not only in voice but in movement as well. It was quite boring really.

He was sad that he was right about the boy; he was all talk and no actual back bone. Had he actually tried something against him he might have decided to actually go a long with him, but the display was sort of pathetic; he had only targeted the women, but why? Was their something about her that he was missing? Or maybe he sees everything, yet he doesn't know everything. He finally decided to turn his attention to the women; she appeared to defend her hair color valiantly, but he cared little for that. He removed the glasses from his face, removing and obstructions from seeing his features before. His eyes maintained a solid forest green orb, with subtle yellow ripples coursing outward almost hypnotically. He could see the trails of trace amount of dark energy lingering around her palm. What did she have planned exactly... He placed his spectacles into his shirt pocket; he took his time in looking over the woman's figure, yet he couldn't infer more than what he already knew. I care more about you than your simplistic hair color...

He took a step away from the young anbu, and in that regard from the women to. He raised an eyebrow at the mention of the Kazekage, I doubt anything that occurred here will end well for us. You attempting some dark magic was it? And me refusing the "order" of a Sand Anbu I presume. He perched his back up against the nearest wall and crossed his arms. This women was the biggest mystery he encountered since the bloody sliced bread murder of 865 B.C; which was heck of a cold case, kept him up for five nights straight, the week was a blur really. He let out a terse sigh, the situation escalated to a point of being a bother than anything else. He snapped his fingers, the dull snapping sound echoed through the halls of the undersea; time seemed to slow down slightly. Now miss, we have plenty of time to chit-chat without the shady anbu. He pushed himself off of the wall and straightened out his jacket. He stared into her blues eyes, he never stared at someone that gave him such an uneasy feeling of mystery and unknowing. You aren't human. I've surmised that much. You have no blood, no chakra, yet here you are. Alive and what I assume breathing.

His eyes glanced down to the trace amount of chakra around her hands, And that malevolent energy is something to speak of too. What was your goal? To curse the man? Or maybe.... An eerie glow surrounded his hands as he formed a subtle set of single handed seals. A rift tore open in the ground, and statue rose from the depths of what could only be described as hell. Maybe you were looking for his soul for nourishment. He bothered not asking as a question, these were all blank accusations, but he wasn't in the business of dealing with this, it was a foreign affair and he needn't meddle in them. Though if she needed the soul to live that spoke some of what she was. He would watch for any sign of worry or caution, and if their were he'd raise an open palm in assurance, Not many beings require the soul of the living for vitality... And I don't see thee makes of a demon through you... So what are you? Rest assure I don't care about the triviality Suna has against you... He closed his eyes for moment; a sight or vision came to him for a moment. So that's what it will come to? At least I can accept this willingly.

He would take his steps towards the women basked in white yet shrouded in darkness. He removed the jacket from his body, and loosened the tie from his neck. As he undid the top three buttons of his white dress shirt, scars could be seen lining his body from years of combat, but in the same instance as the the third button was undone he could feel a dark grasp take hold of his shoulder. He gritted his teeth in the pain, there was no surprise. Feeding on the weak and unwillin..gly... Is wrong. His words were staggered and hoarse as he tried to maintain his composure. His breathing had picked up slightly, Allow I... that is boundless to help. He could feel parts of his soul be torn from him, but it was a similar process to creating a path, it was all a matter of mental fortitude.

He fell to one knee, breathing becoming even more staggered; he clenched his free hand and mustered the remaining conscious, Call this a peace offering from someone slightly further from human to you... He unfolded his hand, and the statue's mouth behind him began to tremble open. A dark eerie haze spilled from it mouth, and gave off a malicious aura. He directed a finger towards the women; if her sight was keen and adept enough, she would see souls begin to drift from the maw of the statue. A fe..ast... fit for a que.. His words trailed off as he collapsed over, and the souls began to make their way to the new host.

[Curse Seal Obtained! Lunar Seal please and thank you <3]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OC: I am going to assume he is no longer in the topic due to inactivity.

I doubt anything that occurred here will end well for us. You attempting some dark magic was it? And me refusing the "order" of a Sand Anbu I presume.

A sardonic smile crept over her face, what was she derisively mocking? His assumption of course. The ache in her hand would soon relent and there would be no proof in the wake of this malevolent energy that she ever wielded it or that it was ever there at all. The Kazekage could either believe a complete stranger or the woman who has been secretly taking away his control. It would be wise to believe the stranger who had no reason to lie but illogical to do so and Sousuke was a man of logic above all else, he lacked the intuitive sense that a gnat had. "Prove it," she replied defiantly, her pride mildly insulted in the assumption that she would let a simple man kill her twice. 'Akashi' raised his hand and 'Rioshi's' right foot instinctively slid back.

</B>
*Snap*​
<i>
</i>

The reverberating sound of his fingers heralded a change but she would not know what immediately. Her ears sought the causatum, the slosh of waves in the distant undersea seemed sluggish... no, they seemed absent. The sounds of the burrowing worms deep within the earth - that dull rumble had too ceased. The world was mute, less the words of the stranger.

Now miss, we have plenty of time to chit-chat without the shady anbu.

Her eyes widened when she heard the sound, it barely reverberated off the distant walls of the subterranean space. There was no need to focus her auditory attention on his voice over the droning sounds of live so far away. It was like a lone trumpet playing in the absence of a symphony. She had not experienced first hand or as a spectator the effect of time manipulation on ones's body or their surroundings in relation to the caster. There was a sense of dis-ease that washed over her as the world around them seemed dull and still. "What have you done?"[/b] Her voice carried a rancorous tone.

You aren't human. I've surmised that much. You have no blood, no chakra, yet here you are. Alive and what I assume breathing.

A low undulating, guttural sound seemed to emanate from her throat as the stranger vocalized a rudimentary assessment. The last time she was identified, she was killed and for years prior she was hunted like an animal. He was not a Ranger, a Ranger would have identified her by now on the basis of that assessment alone as an Ancient and as an enemy. They were the only humans less the Oracles who archived their weaknesses and their strengths to the point that each of them was a threat. She did not act yet, he might be goading her into action only to spring a trap.

And that malevolent energy is something to speak of too. What was your goal? To curse the man? Or maybe....

Akashi continued and a fault in the floor seemed to yawn. She took a step back again, her heels scuffing the dusty earth as she did so. Her first thought was that the fissure was meant to devour her, not to summon a strange chthonic statue. The breech did not break the earth any further although she watched its perimeter with caution, she much like the earth itself knew that it was injudicious to act in haste against an unknown combatant.

Maybe you were looking for his soul for nourishment.

He concluded and she remained unmoving as he announced this temerarious accusation. He was correct of course, she was seeking a meal not to satisfy a need but rather a want. She did not require souls to live but she did require them to get stronger. She had disregarded her appetites for decades in hopes of finding a place among the very things she once considered food, only to find her very existence threatened by the truthful admission of what she was. It was not what she was doing but what she 'might do' that the Kazekage was planning and acting against. He spurned what could have been his greatest compeer and friend, but rather with such pleonexia he siphoned her brother's power and took it as his own without regard to proprietorship or permission. Sousuke subjugated the once proud Lord to his will and even to this day he claims that it was 'only once' that he wronged the fellow so, but only once he killed her as well. "Ranger? ...no," She answered her own question. "I would not be a Ranger's first when there are more noticeable targets gamboling about," she reasoned. Mikaboshi has never hid what he truly was and made no attempt to prevent the dissemination of this information.

Not many beings require the soul of the living for vitality... And I don't see thee makes of a demon through you... So what are you? Rest assure I don't care about the triviality Suna has against you...

"A demon, no," she replied empathetically. She did not trust his assertion that he had no stake in her war against Sunagakure.

He took off his jacket, loosened his tie and started to unbutton his shirt. "What are you doing? Keep your clothes on," she demanded. She took a step back, but he outpaced her. It was instinct, she grabbed ahold of him and allowed her corruption to seep into him as she pulled him close. To an onlooker if time had started to crawl onward at its true, monotonous pace as if they were in an embrace as her other hand rested on his lower back. "You fool, why..." She whispered to her unintended victim.

Feeding on the weak and unwillin..gly... Is wrong. ...Allow I... that is boundless to help.

"...Lunacy," her grip loosened as she manged to wrest control from predatory senses and overcome her voracious hunger. The maw of the wicked statue would open and out would pour from the ajar pout of the strange stony form.

Call this a peace offering from someone slightly further from human to you... A fe..ast... fit for a que...

He collapsed onto the floor and time resumed, she could feel the grating sounds of life all about her. She took in a breath of stale air as she glared at the statue, it was appetizing but there was something she wanted more than an easy meal she realized. "I seem to have lost my appetite," she admitted to the fallen stranger as she knelt down beside him and exposed the place her hand instilled her curse. She lifted him from the ground and slung him over her shoulder. She made a mistake this time perhaps. He was no Makeinu but she would make do.

[Uh... Taking with me: Topic Left]​
<i>
</i>

<B>OC: I have to drag you through the Toraono Dojo to get you inside of Sand. >_>;

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back