Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy setting storyline set in the World of Ninjas where feudal daimyo, clans and ninja villages all wage war on each other for money, glory or for a common goal.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Lost Woods

Umashiashikabihikoji

Oct 7, 2012
Yen
ASP
Kill Switch
No
WcB6gYu.jpg

Tasked with doing his part to make sure that the current and probable next generation of Kumo was ready for whatever threats would come their way, Musashi found himself in the Ancient Forest in the middle of a rainstorm that was steadily picking up in intensity. While it was true that normally storms of such weren't all that powerful compared to the islands or coast, every so often there was a storm that seemed to test the fitness of the large and ancient forest in ways that it hadn't been tested before. This was looking to be one such storm, and as he continued to make his way towards the the place that he would spend the next few days, he went over the whereabouts of the hidden away place in his mind.

Known for being a true recluse, an ancient forger of all sorts of wares had once made his home deep within the Ancient Forest in order to not only elude the authorities but to also find a measure of peace in order to perfect his craft. In the hustle and bustle of much larger villages and cities, one could always look forward to being distracted when they were trying to intricately copy a blueprint or the like, whereas here, one could only ever blame the natural sounds of the forest which proved to be far better neighbors than any human could be. Tucking his rain coat tight about his body as the wind picked up, Musashi grimaced and stopped to look around to see if he'd passed the marker for making sure that he was on the right path and sure enough he found the oddly banded tree stump just a few paces away. Looking beyond it, he could see a clearing in the distance and so on ward he moved.

Momo

Jan 18, 2021
Yen
ASP
Kill Switch
No
OOC Rank
A-Rank
The Furtive Sage
1650133225625.jpeg
The Ancient forest. What a fitting site it was to house all things mystic, sacred, and or forbidden. The beautiful woodland beckoned such things. This included things such as herself. Despite the current downpour, her journey remained unimpeded. The furtive Kunochi brushed her deep supernatural blue curls from her brow and took note of the misty surround of the forest. Shielded by her enormous white hat, Momo traveled without need of an umbrella. But what brought her to the forest? What was she in search of? A question for Fate perhaps though there was something ominous about the journey. The forest was lush with life and life flourished about the forest. However, it would seem as though death had come to collect in full. The path in which Momo traveled would leave a trail of lifeless plants, bugs and animals. Death was but a natural cycle of life but this was perhaps unnatural and separated from the natural cycle of life and death.

What truly brought the Big Hat traveler to these parts was nothing more than rumors. Rumors that the home of a Sage resides within the ancient forest. This wasn’t just any Sage of ninjutsu arts but a Sage of mystic, sacred, and forbidden artifacts and rare items. Rumors coupled with tall tales of a man that presumably was all knowing in such matters. Such rumors would naturally fall on the ear of the deaf however, Momo was desperate for answers. The thing on her head was draining the life out of everything and everyone who drew near… to include herself. The existence of a man with mastery level knowledge of strange and cursed items like this one was to good to be true… but to insane not to seek him out all the same.
Mft​

Umashiashikabihikoji

Oct 7, 2012
Yen
ASP
Kill Switch
No
Onward he walked, careful to stick to the path that had been laid out for an untold amount of time. Many thought of Musashi as being ancient but there were indeed things that were far more ancient than even he could imagine them to be. Of what was notable about the ancient maker of weapons, was that he was simply one of the best to ever have done it. In a world surrounded by master bladesmiths, there were those that were simply different than the rest and he was one such. Even now, his works were considered legendary in nature and once obtained, were treated as more precious than the most highly adorned family heirloom. Musashi himself wasn't a holder of such works but if he could get his hands on them then he was sure that he could probably figure out a way to if not mimic the style than to at least understand what made them so special. As it stood, he was partially journeying to this mythic keep in order to actually learn from this great teacher in his own quest to gain enlightenment where he could find it. As he journeyed through the forest, it seemed that he picked up a stray, one who was either following him directly or following too closely on the path that he was on. In any event, the very nature of the forest gave away their secrets and like soft careless whispers the forest spoke one whom Musashi should be aware of. His senses heightened, he recognized that he was heading towards a pivotal fork in the road and so he bided his time to confront the would be stalker there.

Momo

Jan 18, 2021
Yen
ASP
Kill Switch
No
OOC Rank
A-Rank
The Furtive Sage
47FF4F80-B7C8-4A9D-924F-846D6DF4D12A.jpeg
Like a story book riddle, her path inevitably reached a fork of two divergent paths. Such a strange occurrence so deep within the forest. Though the paths bore no such signs as to their intended destination, each presumably led somewhere and both were made by someone. Now who would go through the trouble if not the Sage she sought or some other reclusive individual looking to horde their knowledge in obscurity. Both the twin paths were begging for exploration however, the furtive ex musician could only oblige one for the moment. Drawing closer, Momo would tilt her Big Hat upward to spot a male figure standing at the crossroads. Perhaps he was faced with the same dilemma as to which road was best though he faced outward their position. It was as if he was waiting for something or someone.
Momo drew near with little resistance or hesitation. She had no intentions of disguising or cloaking her presence. Appearing through and from the imaginative fog gate, Momo would tip her Big Hat to him, “Greetings fellow traveler. I don’t suppose you were waiting for me? Or perhaps you are lost? In either case, I believe we have much to gain from fraternization. What say you? Care to solve the riddle of the two paths together? My name is Momo, more formally and nationally know as the musician and superstar Big Hat Momo” At this time, Momo hardly looked like herself. She looked to be severely afflicted by cursed chakra. Her skin cracked and was a teal shade of blue; her hair a deep and unnatural blue; her irises glowed a hue of chakra; and every so often, a spectral image of her could be seen just offset her face as if her soul was being pushed from her body. Yet, physically Momo did not seem in destress. She otherwise carried a natural and charismatic smile..
Mft​

Attachments

• 2689FACC-EF09-4847-9E40-73FDA2D0552B.jpeg
    2689FACC-EF09-4847-9E40-73FDA2D0552B.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 0

Umashiashikabihikoji

Oct 7, 2012
Yen
ASP
Kill Switch
No
Stopping and then turning around, Musashi was greeted by a most unusual but oddly appropriate sight. Usually a person that overshared was the sort of person that was either especially naive, gullible or hiding their deeper nature behind a freshly laid trap. Musashi himself had often used the tactic to varying degrees of effectiveness but on this day of days, he was willing to at least give honesty a chance to try to work something out. Noting the especially strange way that the girls entire aura seemed to radiate, he noted the especially blue nature, both literally and figuratively, of the woman and shrugged his shoulders as he dared not to approach but did leave some room to socially close the distance. Raising his eyebrows he shouted over the sound of the rain falling on the forest around them and gave caution to the wind. "Aye, you gave a mouthful but...say that we could help each other, why would you trust me and why should I trust you? These are perilous times that we're living in and the only truly honest man is a dead one." For all Musashi knew, the woman, or what appeared to be a woman, could have been just the distraction to make him let down his guard before a band of murderers ambushed him from the cover of the trees. Eyeing her once more, in his mind he wondered if she was a maiden or a maven, a witch or a wanderer lost in the woods. The world was a cruel and unforgiving place and certainly the aged sage wasn't quite so ready to call his tale's end. If she was looking to make an easy mark then he was completely and totally ready to make her work for her next meal. It was simply kill or be killed.

OOC: Apologies for the wait. Work has been beyond hectic!

Momo

Jan 18, 2021
Yen
ASP
Kill Switch
No
OOC Rank
A-Rank
The Furtive Sage
25C53E1E-9F34-4059-9FE7-C4FA3F42FDD9.jpeg
Despite Momo’s best efforts to lay all of her cards on the table, the stranger in the cloak found her behavior and social eagerness to be suspicious. Perhaps he was the suspicious one and this cynical words would always escape him. Or perhaps it was Momo’s cursed appearance. It was but a survival instinct of all living things to prejudge by a bias… and thus every book is judged by its cover. Momo smiled softly before tilting her big Hat above her bangs to reveal her cursed face. “We don’t have to trust each other good sir. You make it seem as if we were to be wedded. I think it’s quite simple. If all the honest ones are dead then that would make us the dishonest ones right?” Momo would use her charisma to confidently continue to approach, her charm and odd explanation would serve as the main distraction. She’d wink once close enough to be seen before continuing her rambling, “Honestly, it’s the honest ones you can’t trust. But it’s safe to say, you can always trust the dishonest ones to be dishonest.” Once she was close enough, Momo would stretch out her hand to be met by his own. It’s what fair maidens would do in books or epic tales and so the custom wasn’t so ordinary as it was to bow to one another. “I’ve given you my name dishonest one. It’s only fair that you oblige to give your own, though if we are being dishonest, I suppose I wouldn’t believe you anyways. Still, there is two paths before us. It stands to reason that we solve one problem before committing to another.” She was referring to his insinuation that she could not be trusted. “Let’s say we did trust each other even though we don’t. And let’s say that my intentions behind this fateful interaction, was because I’m in search of a man who is said to have knowledge of rare and ancient artifacts like the cursed object upon my crown. I haven’t the faintest clue as to his location but I’m told he resides in this very forest or at least this is where he can be found. I’m being completely dishonest with you of course and I can only expect the same in return. So have you heard of this Sage of items, this reclusive dweller of this beautiful and yet profane forest of kept secrets? Tell me your lies please… come on, it could be fun.” Momo was quite the talker. She rambled on carelessly as if this were a game.
Mft​