Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Magician

Ninpocho Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Magician
S95oXli.png

There are some who claim that the true worth of a ninja is determined by their mastery over chakra. Disdaining the physical arts, a Magician will do everything in their power to win battles through illusions, trickery, and all-out Ninjutsu assaults. While they aren't much to speak of in physical strength, underestimating a Magician's combat potential is unwise. Even if they frequently couch themselves in the mystical and seem frail, they can prove incredibly skilled and dangerous opponents.
Magic Sigil - Passive (3 pts)
The sign of the Magician is a symbol that follows them around in battle. A sure sign you are fighting one is the glowing emblem that hovers around them, glowing hot and exploding every few seconds. Of course, what specifically each one looks like and means changes with each and every single person who has one, so it can be difficult to figure that out.
Effect: Whenever the user is hit by an attack, 10% of all damage dealt is also dealt to the Sigil. At the end of each round, the Sigil detonates, dealing its damage to the last person to attack the user, using the user's Ninjutsu Accuracy or Genjutsu DC as chosen but always targeting the enemy's Evasion. The Sigil reforms at the beginning of each round.
Notes:
- The user's damage buffs do not apply to damage done by the
Sigil. However, their Accuracy or Genjutsu DC buffs do.
- The
Sigil is not considered a separate target from the user, and may not be targeted on its own.
- Damage from the
Sigil is never Illusionary, even if part or all of the original damage was.
- Damage from the
Sigil is considered typeless, and ignores all forms of damage reduction and barriers.
- The
Sigil is considered to have negative priority, meaning it will occur after all other actions in a round--including other actions occuring at 10s. If multiple Sigils are active at once, normal action stack rules are used for them.
- If the user does not specify that round what accuracy type the
Sigil's attack uses, whichever is higher is chosen. If neither is higher, Genjutsu DC is used.

Magician's Trance - Chakra Style (3 points)
If anyone thinks they can easily gain the drop on a Magician, that mage is all too happy to let them know they are sorely mistaken. Nothing and no one can keep them from employing their spells--not if they have anything to say about it.
Effect: While in this style, the user may cast Ninjutsu and Genjutsu without handseals or movement, including those that normally require full handseals. If the user is placed into a bind that prevents chakra use while this is active, they may choose to reflexively reroll it at +2 in their favour for the cost of 1 AP and 3% Max HP. This may be done once per round. However, while this is active, the user takes +15% damage from Taijutsu.
Note: Like any other fighting style, this can be turned on or off at the user’s discretion or lack thereof.

Will-o'the Wisp - Jutsu Modification (2 pts)
Restriction- Requires Spirit Lantern
Mages and witches in folklore are often said to have familiars, usually taking the form of animals that can talk and aid the mage. Magicians don't quite have those, but they do have something similar that can distract their enemies.
Effect: Now protects Genjutsu of one rank higher and the caster of the affected Genjutsu must succeed a Genjutsu Save check against the user's Ninjutsu or have their Genjutsu Save reduced by -2 for 10 seconds (does not stack).

Advanced Elemental Illusion - Ability Modification (3 points)
Restriction- Requires Elemental Illusion
Most ninja are restricted to a single flavour of element for their illusions. Not so a Magician, whose only limitation is understanding how to combine both elements to begin with.
Effect: For +20% CP, the user may choose to add an additional elemental effect to their casted Genjutsu. The second element selected instead grants the reverse of the normal effect to a target of the user's choice, including themselves. (Example: Choosing Wind would reduce the duration of Accuracy debuffs on the second target by 10 seconds.) The user must have the affinity from one of the Advanced Elements the two elements they choose make. (Example: To cast both Water and Fire Elemental Illusion on the same target, the user must have unlocked an affinity to either Vapor or Shadow.)

Summoning Circle - Dependent Special Move (2 points)
A Magician would claim that their creations are simply better than others. By certain metrics of 'better' they're entirely correct.
Effect: When summoning a Clone or Creation Ninjutsu or Genjutsu, the user may spend +20% CP to increase its Base Damage by 40% or its base HP by 20% (if applicable).
Note:
-
Base Damage and base HP are calculated before other damage or HP buffs.

Magic Affinity - Passive (1 point)
Restriction- May be purchased up to three times
With minds sharp and finely honed, a Magician is particularly adept at casting illusions. Their skill with them enables their Genjutsu to be much likelier to land on an unsuspecting target.
Effect: +1 Genjutsu DC

Widen Spell - Dependent Special Move (2 points)
A Magician's bag of tricks rarely ever runs out. When they call on their talents of illusion, sleight of hand can allow them to aim at a second target.
Effect: For +10% CP, the user may add one target to any Genjutsu they cast.

Arcane Designs - Dependent Special Move (3 points)
For a Magician, their creations are extremely important to keep the heat off of them during battle. Sometimes they'd rather be even more indirect with their offensive, however, and during those times they are capable of supercharging their creations to act more directly and more effectively themselves.
Effect: For +30% CP, the user may charge a Ninjutsu or Genjutsu Clone or Creation jutsu. The charged jutsu gains a CP pool equivalent to 1/4 of the user's. Charged Ninjutsu may use any jutsu of its element the user knows at Rank 1, while charged Genjutsu may use any Genjutsu the user knows at Rank 1. If the Clone or Creation does not normally have secondaries, its secondaries are treated as -4 of the user's; if it does not normally have HP, its HP is treated as 1/4 of the user's. If the user's Ninjutsu Accuracy is at Average or lower, the charged Ninjutsu gains the difference in Accuracy between Average and High at the user's Character Level.
Notes:
- Clones/Creations affected by Arcane Designs will now disperse or be destroyed permanently once its HP is reduced to 0. This note overrides any effects on the Clone/Creation that would destroy it through other means.
- The user may only have one jutsu affected by Arcane Designs active at a time.

Theorycraft - Passive (2 pts)
Restriction- Max CP that is higher than Max HP
Chakra is the lifeblood of a Magician moreso than any other ninja. Often they are more saturated with and more precise with it, giving them access to much greater reserves than most others. A good thing, since they tend to burn it more quickly as well--but then, they can also use this to their further advantage than just the obvious.
Effect: Effects based on the user's Max HP, such as % Hp Recovery, will instead scale with the user's Max CP -if- it is beneficial to the user. (Example: recovering 3% Max HP would instead recover HP based on 3% of their Max CP (if it is beneficial), while something like 3% Max HP Bleed would remain at 3% Max HP (since it is more beneficial to the user for it to remain at a lower number)

Inner Tranquility - Independent Special Move (3 pts)
One of the hallmarks of a master of the arcane arts, as a Magician would term themselves, is their capability to have their minds reflect a body of water as smooth and undisturbed to appear as glass. This can allow certain effects that would otherwise jar them to simply glide off.
Effect: For 1.5 AP, the user enters a state where their maintained effects that use chakra cannot be disrupted or forcibly ended, including by chakra binds. However, each time an opponent attempts to disrupt the user's maintained effects, the user pays the maintain cost again to keep them active. Lasts for 25 seconds and may not be activated again for 10 seconds after it ends.

Whisper - Passive (2 pts)
A Magician often prefers to avoid direct combat. In the pursuit of this, some of them are capable of cultivating a certain unnatural silence and stillness through use of their powers, allowing them to slip away unseen.
Effect: The first time the user makes a Stealth Check during a round where they have cast a Genjutsu or are maintaining a Genjutsu, the user uses their Genjutsu DC stat.

Lucid Dreaming - Variable Genjutsu (1 point, 1 to rank up)
Restriction- A-Rank and up
The state of being aware you are in a dream, every motion and every thing now possible. Or, to the Magician, the state of being able to make others feel as though they are in a dream even though they may be aware otherwise. Opponents trapped under this spell may find themselves struggling and slow both mentally and physically, whereas friends will feel truly in control of themselves, just as if they were aware and asleep at once.
Rank 1: The user targets every player on the battlefield, including allies. Techniques opponents cast for the duration that would inflict Illusionary damage have -1 Accuracy/DC, and techniques the user and allies cast that would inflict Illusionary damage have +1 Accuracy/DC.
Rank 2: The user targets every player on the battlefield, including allies. Techniques opponents cast for the duration that would inflict Illusionary damage have -2 Accuracy/DC, and techniques the user and allies cast that would inflict Illusionary damage have +2 Accuracy/DC. While this jutsu is active, the first hit the user and their allies take each round that would normally knock them out of Stealth does not.
Rank 1 Cost: 3 AP: 4% Max CP to initiate, 2% Max CP/rnd to maintain
Rank 2 Cost: 3 AP; 6% Max CP to initiate, 3% Max CP/rnd to maintain
Notes:
- Lasts up to 30 seconds.
- When casting, the user specifies which sensory slot to target for each of the other players. If all of them are using the same slot, the user gains +1 Genjutsu DC for the initial casting and all checks.
- The user must specify which players are classed as allies and which are classed as enemies during the initial cast.
- Enemy B-Rank+ Genjutsu cast on allies in the same slot attempting to override
Lucid Dreaming gain +2 Genjutsu DC.
- If an enemy is not under the effect of
Lucid Dreaming for any reason, they are still targeted at +2 Accuracy/DC by allies who are; likewise, allies not under the effect of Lucid Dreaming still are targeted at -2 Accuracy/DC by enemies who are.
- The user always gains the positive effects of
Lucid Dreaming as long as it is being maintained, but does not have a sensory slot filled.
- No matter what techniques the user possesses, this may not be maintained while resting.
- May not be cast again until 15 seconds after it ends.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ninpocho Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Code:
[b]Magician[/b]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/S95oXli.png?1[/img] 
There are some who claim that the true worth of a ninja is determined by their mastery over chakra. Disdaining the physical arts, a Magician will do everything in their power to win battles through illusions, trickery, and all-out Ninjutsu assaults. While they aren't much to speak of in physical strength, underestimating a Magician's combat potential is unwise. Even if they frequently couch themselves in the mystical and seem frail, they can prove incredibly skilled and dangerous opponents.
[quote][b][u]Magic Sigil[/u][/b] - Passive (3 pts)
The sign of the Magician is a symbol that follows them around in battle. A sure sign you are fighting one is the glowing emblem that hovers around them, glowing hot and exploding every few seconds. Of course, what specifically each one looks like and means changes with each and every single person who has one, so it can be difficult to figure that out.
[b]Effect:[/b] Whenever the user is hit by an attack, 10% of all damage dealt is also dealt to the [i]Sigil[/i]. At the end of each round, the [i]Sigil[/i] detonates, dealing its damage to the last person to attack the user, using the user's [i]Ninjutsu Accuracy[/i] or [i]Genjutsu DC[/i] as chosen but always targeting the enemy's [i]Evasion[/i]. The [i]Sigil[/i] reforms at the beginning of each round.
[b][i]Notes:[/i][/b][i] 
- The user's damage buffs do not apply to damage done by the[/i] Sigil[i]. However, their Accuracy or Genjutsu DC buffs do.
- The [/i]Sigil[i] is not considered a separate target from the user, and may not be targeted on its own.
- Damage from the [/i]Sigil[i] is never Illusionary, even if part or all of the original damage was.
- Damage from the [/i]Sigil[i] is considered typeless, and ignores all forms of damage reduction and barriers.
- The [/i]Sigil[i] is considered to have negative priority, meaning it will occur after all other actions in a round--including other actions occuring at 10s. If multiple [/i]Sigils[i] are active at once, normal action stack rules are used for them.
- If the user does not specify that round what accuracy type the [/i]Sigil's[i] attack uses, whichever is higher is chosen. If neither is higher, Genjutsu DC is used.[/i]

[b][u]Magician's Trance[/u][/b] - Chakra Style (3 points)
If anyone thinks they can easily gain the drop on a Magician, that mage is all too happy to let them know they are sorely mistaken. Nothing and no one can keep them from employing their spells--not if they have anything to say about it.
[b]Effect:[/b] While in this style, the user may cast Ninjutsu and Genjutsu without handseals or movement, including those that normally require full handseals. If the user is placed into a bind that prevents chakra use while this is active, they may choose to [i]reflexively[/i] reroll it at +2 in their favour for the cost of 1 AP and 3% Max HP. This may be done once per round. However, while this is active, the user takes +15% damage from Taijutsu.
[b][i]Note:[/i][/b][i] Like any other fighting style, this can be turned on or off at the user’s discretion or lack thereof.[/i]

[b][u]Will-o'the Wisp[/u][/b] - Jutsu Modification (2 pts)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Requires [url=https://ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?p=1172#p1172]Spirit Lantern[/url]
Mages and witches in folklore are often said to have familiars, usually taking the form of animals that can talk and aid the mage. Magicians don't quite have those, but they do have something similar that can distract their enemies.
[b]Effect:[/b] Now protects Genjutsu of one rank higher and the caster of the affected Genjutsu must succeed a Genjutsu Save check against the user's Ninjutsu or have their Genjutsu Save reduced by -2 for 10 seconds [i](does not stack)[/i].

[b][u]Advanced Elemental Illusion[/u][/b] - Ability Modification (3 points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Requires [url=https://ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=300]Elemental Illusion[/url]
Most ninja are restricted to a single flavour of element for their illusions. Not so a Magician, whose only limitation is understanding how to combine both elements to begin with.
[b]Effect:[/b] For +20% CP, the user may choose to add an additional elemental effect to their casted Genjutsu. The second element selected instead grants the reverse of the normal effect to a target of the user's choice, including themselves. [i](Example: Choosing Wind would reduce the duration of Accuracy debuffs on the second target by 10 seconds.)[/i] The user must have the affinity from one of the [i]Advanced Elements[/i] the two elements they choose make. [i](Example: To cast both Water and Fire Elemental Illusion on the same target, the user must have unlocked an affinity to either Vapor or Shadow.)[/i]

[b][u]Summoning Circle[/u][/b] - Dependent Special Move (2 points)
A Magician would claim that their creations are simply better than others. By certain metrics of 'better' they're entirely correct.
[b]Effect:[/b] When summoning a [i]Clone[/i] or [i]Creation[/i] Ninjutsu or Genjutsu, the user may spend +20% CP to increase its [i]Base Damage[/i] by 40% or its base HP by 20% [i](if applicable)[/i].
[b][i]Note:[/i][/b][i] 
- [/i]Base Damage[i] and base HP are calculated before other damage or HP buffs.[/i]

[b][u]Magic Affinity[/u][/b] - Passive (1 point)
[i]Restriction-[/i] May be purchased up to three times
With minds sharp and finely honed, a Magician is particularly adept at casting illusions. Their skill with them enables their Genjutsu to be much likelier to land on an unsuspecting target.
[b]Effect:[/b] +1 Genjutsu DC

[b][u]Widen Spell[/u][/b] - Dependent Special Move (2 points)
A Magician's bag of tricks rarely ever runs out. When they call on their talents of illusion, sleight of hand can allow them to aim at a second target.
[b]Effect:[/b] For +10% CP, the user may add one target to any Genjutsu they cast.

[b][u]Arcane Designs[/u][/b] - Dependent Special Move (3 points)
For a Magician, their creations are extremely important to keep the heat off of them during battle. Sometimes they'd rather be even more indirect with their offensive, however, and during those times they are capable of supercharging their creations to act more directly and more effectively themselves.
[b]Effect:[/b] For +30% CP, the user may charge a Ninjutsu or Genjutsu [i]Clone[/i] or [i]Creation[/i] jutsu. The charged jutsu gains a CP pool equivalent to 1/4 of the user's. Charged Ninjutsu may use any jutsu of its element the user knows at Rank 1, while charged Genjutsu may use any Genjutsu the user knows at Rank 1. If the [i]Clone[/i] or [i]Creation[/i] does not normally have secondaries, its secondaries are treated as -4 of the user's; if it does not normally have HP, its HP is treated as 1/4 of the user's. If the user's Ninjutsu Accuracy is at [i]Average[/i] or lower, the charged Ninjutsu gains the difference in Accuracy between [i]Average[/i] and [i]High[/i] at the user's Character Level.
[b]Notes:[/b]
- Clones/Creations affected by Arcane Designs will now disperse or be destroyed permanently once its HP is reduced to 0. This note overrides any effects on the Clone/Creation that would destroy it through other means.
- The user may only have one jutsu affected by [i]Arcane Designs[/i] active at a time.

[b][u]Theorycraft[/u][/b] - Passive (2 pts)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Max CP that is higher than Max HP 
Chakra is the lifeblood of a Magician moreso than any other ninja. Often they are more saturated with and more precise with it, giving them access to much greater reserves than most others. A good thing, since they tend to burn it more quickly as well--but then, they can also use this to their further advantage than just the obvious.
[b]Effect:[/b] Effects based on the user's Max HP, such as % Hp Recovery, will instead scale with the user's Max CP -if- it is beneficial to the user. [i](Example: recovering 3% Max HP would instead recover HP based on 3% of their Max CP (if it is beneficial), while something like 3% Max HP Bleed would remain at 3% Max HP (since it is more beneficial to the user for it to remain at a lower number)[/i]

[b][u]Inner Tranquility[/u][/b] - Independent Special Move (3 pts)
One of the hallmarks of a master of the arcane arts, as a Magician would term themselves, is their capability to have their minds reflect a body of water as smooth and undisturbed to appear as glass. This can allow certain effects that would otherwise jar them to simply glide off.
[b]Effect:[/b] For 1.5 AP, the user enters a state where their maintained effects that use chakra cannot be disrupted or forcibly ended, including by chakra binds. However, each time an opponent attempts to disrupt the user's maintained effects, the user pays the maintain cost again to keep them active. Lasts for 25 seconds and may not be activated again for 10 seconds after it ends.

[b][u]Whisper[/u][/b] - Passive (2 pts)
A Magician often prefers to avoid direct combat. In the pursuit of this, some of them are capable of cultivating a certain unnatural silence and stillness through use of their powers, allowing them to slip away unseen.
[b]Effect:[/b] The first time the user makes a [i]Stealth Check[/i] during a round where they have cast a Genjutsu or are maintaining a Genjutsu, the user uses their [i]Genjutsu DC[/i] stat.

[b][u]Lucid Dreaming[/u][/b] - Variable Genjutsu (1 point, 1 to rank up)
[i]Restriction-[/i] A-Rank and up
The state of being aware you are in a dream, every motion and every thing now possible. Or, to the Magician, the state of being able to make others feel as though they are in a dream even though they may be aware otherwise. Opponents trapped under this spell may find themselves struggling and slow both mentally and physically, whereas friends will feel truly in control of themselves, just as if they were aware and asleep at once.
[b]Rank 1:[/b] The user targets every player on the battlefield, including allies. Techniques opponents cast for the duration that would inflict [i]Illusionary[/i] damage have -1 Accuracy/DC, and techniques the user and allies cast that would inflict [i]Illusionary[/i] damage have +1 Accuracy/DC. 
[b]Rank 2:[/b] The user targets every player on the battlefield, including allies. Techniques opponents cast for the duration that would inflict [i]Illusionary[/i] damage have -2 Accuracy/DC, and techniques the user and allies cast that would inflict [i]Illusionary[/i] damage have +2 Accuracy/DC. While this jutsu is active, the first hit the user and their allies take each round that would normally knock them out of Stealth does not.
[b]Rank 1 Cost:[/b] 3 AP: 4% Max CP to initiate, 2% Max CP/rnd to maintain
[b]Rank 2 Cost:[/b] 3 AP;  6% Max CP to initiate, 3% Max CP/rnd to maintain
[b][i]Notes:[/i][/b][i]
- Lasts up to 30 seconds.
- When casting, the user specifies which sensory slot to target for each of the other players. If all of them are using the same slot, the user gains +1 Genjutsu DC for the initial casting and all checks.
- The user must specify which players are classed as allies and which are classed as enemies during the initial cast.
- Enemy B-Rank+ Genjutsu cast on allies in the same slot attempting to override [/i]Lucid Dreaming[i] gain +2 Genjutsu DC.
- If an enemy is not under the effect of [/i]Lucid Dreaming[i] for any reason, they are still targeted at +2 Accuracy/DC by allies who are; likewise, allies not under the effect of [/i]Lucid Dreaming[i] still are targeted at -2 Accuracy/DC by enemies who are.
- The user always gains the positive effects of [/i]Lucid Dreaming[i] as long as it is being maintained, but does not have a sensory slot filled.
- No matter what techniques the user possesses, this may not be maintained while resting.
- May not be cast again until 15 seconds after it ends.[/i][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back