Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Making an Appointment[AIT Request]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiruba

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shindou would like to become in order to preserve peace and aid his village as much as he could. In order to begin is training he must first sign up for an appointment and have a meeting with the ANBU Sennin. The Torre Celest is a marvelous sight for anyone to see, the mineral onyx allowing it to reflect the starts at night and even the blue skies made it beautiful. Shindou walked into Torre Celest and was amazed at its features, he was here a few days ago but he couldn't shake of the glamourous features the building contained. He walked up to the help desk because it was almost time for his appointment with Masao to become AIT. Becoming AIT wouldn't be hard for him or even becoming ANBU, he had to just get permission to join their ranks.

Hello man, my name is Kizoku Shindou and I have a 3:00 meeting with Takaki Masao.

Shindou never used his father's last name and it never rolled of his tongue easily. Being the son of the 4th Raikage wasn't easy especially when your father hid you from the world for so many years. Takao having three son wasn't a secret anymore though, Kizoku Ari and Kizoku Usui made names for themselves at one point in their lives.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rikka2.jpg

cloud_anbu.gif
"Ohayo, Oji-san," replied the eyepatched "receptionist" behind the desk to the new arrival. Mempo-rank Natsume Eru, of the Rapid Deployment Force, and scout for the Sword of Damocles squad had temporarily relieved the normal office lady of her duties for the time being, mainly so that any threats to the Vice Commander could be quickly dealt with and detected before any potential exposures were had. With conditions in the country as they were, even a shinobi could not be too careful. The girl flashed a quick smile at the jounin as she rifled through a Rolodex (c) of appointment cards - all pretend, really, and just to give her enough time to scan for any obvious malign intent in his spirit. Finding none, she closed the cover of the antiquated, 1980's vintage organizational tool. "The Vice Commander will see you now. Please come with me," she said, hopping off her chair and walking to a nearby door. She gave it it two sharp raps with her knuckles, and then proceeded to open it, a cloud of cigarette smoke and laughter poofing out at her.

"Well, you know what they say, Vice Commander-san, no one wants a Christmas Cake after 25!" giggled a female voice from within.

"Oh come on! I know plenty of guys who insist on only having a Cake after 25, hell, 30!" retorted a man's voice.

"Masao-nii-chan!" fumed Eru, "Your appointment is here!"

"Thank you, Eru..." from inside. "Well then, duty calls," said the man's voice. The door opened wider now, and a nicely-figured office-lady, about age 25 or so now exited, nodding politely at Shindou and Eru before she resumed Eru's former post.

"You can come in now, Oji-san" she said to Shindou, ushering him inside and closing the door after him. She now stood guard at the doorway, per protocol. Inside the simply furnished conference room, a utilitarian couch, a low table, and some chairs. The lights were soft, unobtrusive, and incandescent as opposed to fluorescent - a change that Shin had instituted for the purposes of morale boosting. At one corner of the couch sat Masao, in his normal wear, an ashtray before him. He briefly glanced at Shindou, taking in the man's features. The age was hard to tell - he was certainly the former Raikage's son, having inherited the heart-shaped face, small nose, and wide, dark eyes that his father had been known for. The scars and burns on his face were new to the line, however. Ari had never consented to let himself ever be disfigured like that.

"Please, sit," he said, gesturing to one of the chairs. "So you're another son of Takao the Mad. I had no idea the man had fathered quite so many children. Certainly puts me to shame in that regard. Tell me, how old are you? You don't look as young as the normal trainees who try to go through selection."

Shiruba

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shindou stood in from of the one eyed receptionist as she looked through the rolodex if she really was. It was odd so see one of those he thought another form of technology might have taken the place of it. After a moment the receptionist instructed the elder shinobi to follow he and he did like anyone else who have. A lady's voice can be heard from outside the door and it a little flirty. Shindou smirked knowing he was going to like this guy because what man wouldn't like a lovely women's company and hell its even easier to get when you're the Vice-Commander. The women walked out the room and gave Shindou a nice knod and he gave her one back with a smirk on his face. The 4th second eldest walked into the room and he noticed Masao sitting on a couch or would it be called a love seat, especially according to the activities that might have been going on. Shindou sat in a chair not to far from Masao and the meeting has begun.

That old bull had three actually. He kept us all a secret pretty much and made us go through his own private training, and Mad is a understatement from what that training showed. Shindou said in a casual tone.

Masao seemed like an easy going guy for now but at any sign of trouble he might be a lose cannon. From what Shindou remembered from the class with Hayate Shin, he would kill a kid for being a loud mouth.

I'm 47 and I had my fair share of action. I was once an ANBU decades back but I retired after the damage that I took. Never thought one of my old students would become Raikage, Hayate Shin was smart though.

Shindou reminisced about his old glory days. It was nice to have a conversation after so many years in isolation.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Three, huh? I guess that explains Usui, Ari, and now you. I wasn't even aware that the Raikage had married anyone, myself. Oh, would you like a cigarette? Unfortunately we don't have any alcohol in here despite having a nice full bar setup in the waiting area, so I can't offer you a Scotch. One of those things particular to Hayata, I guess," he said to Shindou, shrugging. At 47 years old, the Raikage's son was positively elderly by shinobi standards, even being a year older than Masao himself. Still, it allowed the Vice Commander to relax a bit. It was very different meeting with an experienced peer than it was meeting with a fresh-faced snotty teenager. There were understandings and commonalities between two older men that served to broker collegiality most of the time.

"You know, Kizoku, I remember hearing about you way back, during the Invasion. You fought well, and I guess that's where you got your scars," he said, noting the burn-marks on the man's face. Any veteran of the event would recognize the particular characteristics of skin marred with demonic hellfire, as opposed to merely from terrestrial combustion. "One of their 'Baelg' heavies gave me a nice big gash that took out half my spleen. The medics were all saying 'we have to remove it completely or you'll die!' I told them that without my damned spleen, I WOULD most certainly die from some idiotic infection and that was no way for a shinobi to go," he chuckled.

"That was a long time ago. Frankly, if they invaded again, I'm not so sure old vets like us would survive a second wave..." he trailed off. "So, anyway, tell me - what happened to you after the invasion? I heard rumors that you vanished off the face of the earth, and now you're back in the village all of a sudden. You find a new way to nuke or something?" he joked.

Shiruba

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shindou leaned forward in his chair accepting the cigarette offered to him. The elder shin obi put the cigarette in his mouth and tapped the front of it with his finger to light the flame. Smoking was frowned up on by Shindou when he was younger but at this age a cigarette was the least of his trouble. Cloud was at war and they could be attacked at any moment. He blew out smoke from his nostrils and mouth making the room even more smokey.

The smoke is enough but I do love a good scotch. Three things that shinobi shouldn't abuse is cigarettes, sex, and alcohol but hey at our age we should try to get as much as we can.

Masao mentioned his scars from the battle and how he fought well. He knew this would be brought up and his reason for leaving seems childish but he was a child when he left. Thank you, I hear you became pretty legendary after that. I was on my way bringing civilians to the Kage's tower because that area was liberated. Suddenly, I was ambushed and knocked into a flaming building which caused the burns on my right side. Shindou chuckled from Masao's story, any shinobi would rather die from the battle then a simple infection. Spleen doesn't matter as long as you have Karubin the walking hospital around, hehe. I think we can survive another attack. We maybe older but we are wiser and stronger, plus I here our hospital is collecting bloodline eyes and body parts that allows shinobi do obtain power we never imagined. Shindou was talking about kinjutsu, which are forbidden techniques that are unlocked at the cost of other lives. Cloud seems to understand the power they have but they give it away to anybody.

I was immature and cocky when I vanished. Knowing that I had to be saved made me seem weak and pathetic. Takao drove me to believe that losing was not an option and having to be saved was even worse. I decided that isolation was the appropriate punishment for me, so I left to the Ancient Forest and lived there until today. I never really left the village but I am pretty good at hiding. After a long time of thinking and training, I think it is time to help out around here, especially because of the war thats going on. Genins now a days aren't disciplined enough, they are loud mouths and reckless. That class Hayate made proved it. We need more vets to kick them into shape, they are to pampered.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Ah, so you've been a hermit this entire time, eh? I sometimes wonder how many other shinobi have disappeared into the forests like that. It boggles my mind sometimes how thick that place is, and how little we truly know about it. I got lost there once as a student, you know. Nearly got killed by bandits, of all things. Doesn't it sound ridiculous? Bandits in the middle of a forest that's supposedly contained within the boundaries of Kumogakure, a shinobi village," he laughed. But in truth, it was entirely possible, and there were in fact many bandits, poachers, cannibal cults, and men-gone-feral hiding within the dark confines of the massive wildlife reserve on the sides and valleys of Kumo's host mountain. There was little to no oversight of the place, and even less importance attributed to patrolling or even really exploring it. It was how Rin was able to find almost perfect solace within its glades, constructing a rather elaborate mansion there before it was destroyed in their epic confrontation many years ago. Rumors were that the Inuzuka had their nests there as well, allowing them the freedom to carry out whatever animalistic sacrilege they might engage in on a regular basis. Perhaps that was why their numbers tended to run dangerously close to treason most days.

"Well, you're one of the only men I know who've come back out of the place. Kumo's changed in your absence, as you rightly pointed out. I'd also been away for the last sixteen years, along with my wife Rin, except we moved to the countryside when we wanted to get away. Anyway, it's good to see someone my age emerging out of the woodwork - makes me feel less anachronistic. Which leads me to my next question - what do you wish from me? It seems like if you wanted to teach the youngsters some discipline, you'd rejoin the Main Branch and whip their asses in the academy."

Shiruba

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The forest was in fact large and dangerous, not many shinobi would like to live inside the forest because it is usually a death penalty. Only the strongest survive and not many would try to mess with Takao the Mad and his small group of soldier. You can say I lived like a hermit but it gave me a lot of time to think. I've grown since my disappearance and not by just age. Bandits did live in the forest but they also payed the price by being eaten by carnivorous beasts and cannibalists. Shindou was in fact shocked that Masao was still alive. How did you make it out alive? Shindou let out a puff of smoke from his mouth and it made a thick smoke ring. He has never attempted to make on before but it wasn't that hard. The Vice-Commander mentioned that his wife Rin has been away for about 16 years. The most surprising thing was that he was married to the ANBU Sennin but he also had a lady in his office that sounded like something more in the lines of flirting. Shindou wasn't the type to tell on another man but he will always be loyal to the one he falls for.

Sixteen years huh. A long time away as well but by taking sometime away from the shinobi world is best if your going to start a family. Kumogakure is at a time of war and Kumo has to be on guard at all times. I can be a weapon to the ANBU corps's arsenal help end this war. I am not old enough to stay in the main branch and teach kids how to throw a kunai. Allow me to join your corps, aid your men and our village, sometimes veteran soldiers are the most valuable.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"You know, I ask myself that same question sometimes when I think about it. Truth is, I don't know. I guess it was a student's luck," he shrugged as he remembered his early foray into the forests, back when he had barely enough control over his chakra to throw a punch, much less manipulate the elements into jutsu.

"Well, you're right about getting away from Kumo to start a family. Although in the end, no matter how much you want your children to be free of this life, they always end up drawn back to it. Probably because as parents, it's the only thing we know, and the only thing we know how to talk about. But I digress... In any case, you want to rejoin the ANBU, I see. I can respect that, and we could certainly use a veteran like yourself. The kids still have enough sense to respect a grizzled sergeant at the very least.

"I'd tell you yes immediately, but I feel bad about sending a fellow middle-aged-man to his death sentence. We should both be drinking beer and eating dried squid while playing cards instead of fighting shinobi twenty years younger than us. Understand that I'm not doubting your resolve or your skill, but when I was age thirty, I was physically unfit for continued duty due to all the wear and tear I suffered. It was only because of some wild-ass medical wizardry courtesy of the Walking Hospital that I'm able to heft a blade without getting smacked with whole-body-agony. I don't know how your body is going to deal with it, especially after getting put through the wringer by Takao the Mad. Also, the corps has changed a lot since you were an active - we have new rules, new structures, and new ways of doing things.

"Tell you what - if you're still interested, I'll reinstate your commission with the caveat that you undergo a repeat trainee period just to get oriented to how things are done now and see if your body can handle the strain. If after a few missions you're still holding up, you'll be reinstated fully to the rank of Mempo. Don't worry about being called a trainee, either. Most of our trainees these days are full Special Jounin anyway - they're in it to learn and test themselves out as well, like you. Do we have a deal, brother?"

Shiruba

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Maybe Raiden himself was looking down on you because that is extremely luck there. Shindou smirked as he thought of the class he held that Hayate Shin was in. The class Shindou held was in the Ancient forest and they had to survive a night in the wild with of course Shindou making sure they don't die. The students passed the class but barely because a pack of wolves ambushed the group at their camp. What happened exactly was a little fuzzy because it has been so many years since then. Maybe its for the best though that shinobi kids follow in their parent's footsteps. They already know what to expect when becoming a shinobi and most likely be trained at some point before the academy. The next generation of shinobi children tend to surpass their parents, making our village stronger. Masao is right when he said that both of them should be drinking beer and eating dried squid instead of fighting shinobi twenty years younger then us but it was a time of war and fighting was inevitable. Shindou expected to start off as a trainee if he was fully stated to Mempo off the bat he would have been surprised. We have a deal brother. I didn't expect to be mempo right off the bat, a chance was what I wanted. Shindou had to learn the new rules that the ANBU has developed and the new system, it seems the ANBU Sennin has been busy.

I assure you I would hold up, who knows maybe better then these young cats around here. Shindou dipped is cigarette into the ash tray.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Very good, Kizoku. I think you and I are very similar in a lot of ways, because for me, the action is the juice. Welcome back," said Masao, rising and extending his hand. "Natsume here will update your seals and certifications. The next round of trainee indoctrination is going to be in a week, so you'll have time to settle any outstanding affairs topside in the village. I always advise everyone to settle their bar tabs and gambling debts first, then blow all their remaining cash on hookers. Not the reverse.

"If nothing else happen in that time, we'll see you at 0600 in the main hall of the School of Special Circumstances, third level, Sileo. You'll be officially under command of Regent Commander Santaru Rin, but you'll also get to choose a squad assignment with one of the buntaichou as well. There are currently two who are accepting additions to their units. They're both younger than you. Obviously you need to respect the chain of command, but if they give you any lip, let me know.

"Well, I have to be going now, but I'm glad I got to encounter another vet. Not many of us left these days," he said, excusing himself.
Topic Left, AiT status granted! Please make a banner request in the appropriate thread.

A few procedural things: Please read the ANBU information threads in the Sileo if you haven't already. There is an event going on right now that is mandatory for all who were rejoining the site as AiT or ANBU - you are NOT required to attend it if you cannot, since you technically got offered AiT after the event was more than half over. If you do want to put in a post, though, it'll be an opportunity to get your mask design written up. Note that all AiT automatically get their mask anyway so you're not missing out either way.

Also, there is no need to RP separately getting your seals/chakra updated, that's all implied to have been taken care of. You are free to start making inquiries about whose squad you want to be part of, either Joukuu or Shino's. For now, until we get missions and gate watch/nuke watch up, there's not TOO much to do aside from general RP. That's an admin decision, not ours, unfortunately.

Shiruba

Yen
ASP
Deaths
We are aren't we, two old goats just trying to serve the village one beer at a time. It feels great to be back and I will see you soon. Shindou shook Masao's hand and it felt strong and rough like a real man should. The kids these days probably worn gloves to protect themselves from the elements. Picking up some prostitutes did seem like a good idea but Shindou would rather die from a sinus infection then aids, if that was possible. You got to get the good hookers from Leaf, the ones around here are ashy from the cold, swore from the wind and dirty because they don't bath properly. The old vet chuckled and headed out the door after receiving the rest of his information from Masao. He always wanted to ask Natsume something anyways.

So, Natsume how did you lose the eye?

topic left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back