Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Man of Spiders #04: White Light

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Man of Spiders #04: White Light
Featuring: Ryujin Gasu
Timeline Recap: Following a lead from a mysterious resource, Jomei investigated a string of attacks on villagers and property around the Akatsuchi farmlands. The villagers led him to the culprit: a mercenary named Hiroya Matsumara, who trained a rare, giant bird to use in battle. In a brave contest against Hiroya and his Vulture, the monster crashed, but not without taking Jomei down with them. Jomei barely survived, and somehow triggered a molting process where he shed his skin and healed rapidly in a matter of a couple weeks. Both Hiroya and his monster have escaped and are still on the loose!

About two weeks had long since passed. Seventeen days to be precise. Right this moment it was close to high noon, but veils of soft white cotton shielded Jomei from a bright autumn day. He sat by himself in hospital room, in darkness if it weren't for fluorescent ceiling light that flickered on occasion. There was a feast of traditional stone hospital food settled on his lap, and Jomei lay still in place beneath the covers. He seemed just a little bulkier than normal...

His lunch was not appetizing at all; and looked like the leftovers from a fisherman's market. Utterly unappealing. But Jomei needed his strength to regain if he'd ever get clearance to go home. He reached out for the small bowls that keep each food scrap; reaching with hands that slipped out from beneath the covers.

One... two... three? four? Five?! Six arms! Jomei allowed the covers to peel off of him as he couldn't do everything like that. One hand held his chopsticks while the second nestled the bowl of rice in his lap. The other four extensions began to move about the other items, and explore freely.

it had been two days since Jomei awoke like this. When he awoke from his coma-like status, a squad of ANBU had just cut him loose from a cocoon somewhere in the Akatsuchi farmlands. Apparently Jomei fought them wildly, and the ninja sedated him again for his own safety. He has been in this hospital room for study since then.

The white curtains that separated Jomei from the sunlight also hid a patient who slept quietly across from him. Aside from the occasional noise, the other guy had been out cold since Jomei woke up next to him. He had never even opened an eye, even when Jomei attempted to purposefully disturb him with accidental racket. Jomei was sure that his neighbor would demand a room change once he awoke to find a six-armed freak next to him.​

WC338 (Recap Excluded)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: White Light: Jomei & Gasu

Gasu had finally awoken, days was it now? The pain was void now from his body, but his limbs were still gone. He raised himself, opening his clothes before screaming, but ironically didn't to his partner. Gasu's skin was burned to the third degree around his chest, right arm, some of his face, and some of his stomach. His left forearm has been severed, and skin from his back had been scraped off to be placed on top of his chest, to try to fix it. It did nothing for him, for his chest was covered in strange hexagonal caves, like a honeycomb hive. Gasu blinked, turning his sharingan on like it was nothing, as he looked at his partner, then opened his mouth. Nothing came out, when he closed them and walked over. Gus looked to the spider child, and he spoke, "...Clearly you are in pain like me... How does it feel to look like a devil to the average person?" He blinked, looking to his arms and said, "Your bloodline is rather fine... your chakra flows neatly and smoothly through your arms. They should strengthen more... I like to research into clans... and you are a fine example of my information being correct." Gasu was extremely calm for what has happened to him, but to those who didn't know, his mind had finally fractured from all the sin that happened to him, at times he wouldn't care a single bit... at others he would care like it was his own life at danger, but eh... who cared? He returned his attention to the teenager with 6 arms. He snickered, as he went to the window, "...I hope one of us gets accepted by this drowning world of darkness... maybe some light could come out of it..." He plopped down onto his bed, his wounds seeming to not even be a concept to him, snickering as he looked up to Jomei, saying "...I am Akuma "Uchiha" Gasu... or Ryujin Gasu as my current name stands... or Dragon God Gasu... what is your name my friend?"

[347]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Jomei's lunch would have to wait, and he didn't have much of a problem with that. His neighbor was finally awake, and let out a scream strong enough to make quite the entrance. He wasted no time and sprang onto his feet. His name was Gasu, and he was a unique young man. Jomei didn't know much about him at all, only the notes left on his patient tablet left at the foot of the bed. Surgeons performed a skin graft on Gasu, but couldn't do much for damage that sever. Yes, Jomei took a peak at Gasu's records. Given all the free time he had. But a couple notes couldn't prepare him for the true Gasu experience.

Gasu made a slow and almost terrifying march to Jomei's bedside. He resembled a burn victim at death's door, yet he was up and active as if he just kinda took a fall or something, and wound up in the infirmary. Jomei had to get control of himself to not shy away from Gasu's appearance, or flat out stare. No one wants to be called a monsters, verbally or via the awkward stare. Jomei sympathized with his neighbor, but the natures of their mutations were distinctly different. Jomei rubbed and wiggled his nose, attempting to overcome the nauseating scent of burned flesh. Death.

Jomei was silent as Gasu shared his sympathies for their outcasted appearances. He bought himself time by placing the entire bowl of stewed fish to his lips. Mmm, so yummy. The extra arms were already finding a place in Jomei's life. While he pretended to sip his seafood delight, he fluffed his pillow, reached for a pork bun with chopsticks, and poured himself a glass of water from a pitcher. He could get used to the high-level multitasking.

"Well Gasu," he left an empty pause to think carefully, "you sure are a knowledgable guy, aren't you?"

Jomei had enough of the gruel, and couldn't stomach another bite. He pushed the rickety food tray assembly aside, and also made an effort to stretch his legs on the side of the bed. He picked at his garments; a baby blue hospital gown cut to fit his arms, and trousers to match. From now on, shopping for clothes would be quite a hassle.

"The name's Jomei, and I'm nobody's devil. I have some weird things happening to me, but I'm not a monster." He wasn't adapting to changes as well as Gasu; it would take time. "If you accept that label it's on you, but I'm not having it. What happened to you, anyway?" Jomei thought Gasu looked like someone forgot to take him off the grill, but some things were better left unsaid. "Does your skin have something to do with that bloodline thing you mentioned?"

WC465

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Gasu snickered, oh lord it has been a long time since he has just talked to another person. All the time it was serious and not very practical, but this could work. Gus smiled and said, "I said we damn look like devils. You look like the person who has the potential for a heart of gold. But, I am rambling. What happened to me... I just went into my AIT exam... and the instructor chopped my arm off and gave me 3rd degree burns, put hand cuffs on me so I couldn't use chakra, and leaved me for dead in sky-fall... I swam over here and got my attention. My body has adapted to insects and parasites... so I heal faster then the average person." He then smiled and said, "The Bloodline thing i was mentioning was about you, Your a Hachiaishi, which means you have lots of things in store for you... oh yes!" He was finally cheering up, he loved to let others learn about things, and it started to make him return to his old happy self... for a time. He continued, "Guess what you'll be able to do soon? Make golden silk! Plus, you will be highly more efficient in taijutsu weapon combat with those arms to help keep everything steady. And if needs be, you could become an excellent weaver just because of your blood. Interesting?" His eyes almost sparkled with the spark that was started, but it was clear all around it darkness still brewed within. But then he collected himself and continued, "Also by monster i meant that just like devils, we look like it. Tell me, how many people on the street do you see missing half his left arm, and burned all over his body? And how many people do you see with six arms? Your number is much higher compared to mine, but we're both still void compared to the masses..."

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Of all his ramblings, Gasu's account of his mistreatment at the hands of Anbu confused Jomei. Exactly what happens during the A.I.T. exam? "Your instructor... Did he handcuff you before or after he "disarmed" you? Unreal. You're lucky to be alive to tell the tale." Yuki and Kamaru never mentioned that kind of brutality when they taught Jomei about the ninja path. Who did Gasu piss off to get that kind of trouncing?

In a flash, the subject of their conversation shifted gears. Gasu bounced back to the subject of Jomei's mutated genetics; a subject better left untouched. He was becoming more defensive each time Gasu made a casual reference to their freakish differences.

The springs under Jomei's mattress squealed as Jomei slid out of bed, glass in hand. He walked to the foot of his bed and selected his own patient record folder for review. Hopefully the doctor left some insight behind. Peace of mind wasn't too much to ask for. Jomei needed to know that he wasn't going to wake up as a tarantula tomorrow, or the next day. The contents included a diagram of Jomei's new skeletal frame change, drawn by a medic who doubled as an artist. What on earth were Hachiashi? His fingers flipped through each page, and filed through tabs on blood work, metabolism, and such. Nothing pertinent lay in that folder- meanwhile, Gasu believed he had the answers to just about everything. It was time to find out where his insight came from.

"Is your bloodline the reason your instructor attacked you? I'm surprised he hasn't come to finish you off yet." Jomei attempted to dig deeper, and a yearning for information brewed within him.
"Geez, What kind of bloodline do you have, Gasu?"

WC291​

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Gasu smiled, as he pointed to his eyes, showing his sharingan, "Bloodlines are the clans your blood comes from... for example your bloodline the Hashiashi, which all have the six arms if they are ninja above a few weeks old in that job discipline. The biggest change you will have to your body is that your pores can all spew out spider silk, and you gain the four arms. So currently, you have had all your changes... but I had two bloodlines. Before I became a ninja I was infested with a swarm of kikai, so i was Aburame, and it changed my internal organs. But after that, what I am now is what my father had... Uchiha. My clan has a curse of hatred which I must admit I have fallen to... and am trying to cure... but I bet you are curious about the AIT exam..." He took a breath and just decided to finish that story.

"After I had to give all my weaponry and poisons to the ANBU, he told me that I was going to be hunted with no chakra. He then spawned three clones and gave me a few minute head start. I stabbed myself because at the time my Kikai had strengthened my blood, and helped me regenerate faster, my blood was spare at the time. I ran to a building, and faked them out, killing one and then stabbing another when hiding in the kitchen, but a 3rd got me. The clone tackled me and exploded into lightning, burning my skin. Then he told me after every sentence because i failed, say "mew". Then, I had to go through a apartment building, where I murdered two clones, but the 1st exploded and the 2nd chopped my left forearm off with a bladed weapon, where I had to kick him away. He showed up again, telling me I failed horribly, even through he can see everything his clones did and had a major advantage compared to me. He then asked me this set of questions...

"What is your name?... Where were you born?... What do you do for living?... Who employs you?... Why is the sky blue?... What is your position?... What is the name of your superior?... Which color is red?... What do you think of your Tsuchikage?... Where do you live?... How much is 2 plus 8?... What does it mean to be a shinobi?... Which direction is right?... How often do Shinobi patrol the gates?... Where is the academy located?... What is your father's name?... Where are you now?... Who am I?... Who are you?"

"I replied to each, where then he forced me to wear my lost arm as a necklace. Then he said that that information could kill lots of lives, so his next exam was to make three clones that each ran in their own directions... and then I just gave up. I ripped the hand cuffs off my left arm since half of it was gone, and tried to put it on him ranting about how this was unfair. I ranted, saying "...Your games and mine are not the same... and your games will get me killed because of your over estimation of ANBU... the ANBU may be the elite, but if the elite have to give up everything that made them human to begin with... why should I torture myself and get myself killed to achieve and remove more then what I gain?"..." He breathed a long sigh. He then used his sharingan and made eye contact with Jomei, as he suddenly saw an illusion from Gasu's memory thanks to his sharingan. (ooc: http://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?p=168104#p168104 this one post, putting the important part below though)

The ANBU spoke and said "It is good that you say it now, you do not fit to be an ANBU at all, go and become a medic instead and tend other people's wounds... Actually you know what, no, I wont entrust anyone's life into your hands, you do not fit to be a shinobi either. Life is unfair, life is cruel, life is unforgiving, I've told you that when the exam began but it seems like you weren't listening to me at all, that probably is also the reason why your forearm is around your neck instead of where it should be and also why you have failed this exam. An ANBU must be intuitive, creative with a great attention to ditiles, he must be able to conceal himself in the shadows and work smart, chakra has nothing to do with it, they are all core skills any ANBU must possess, and the fact that you cannot complete any of my tasks successfully indicates exactly that, those are the skills you lack. You will be dead in a matter of seconds if this was the battle field after all, and one more lesson that you must learn for the future, being too dependent on chakra is self destructive, you will be helpless without it and you will just become a liability. So let me let you know what you have saved yourself from, a life of an ANBU, where a single mistake will get you killed, but not always by the enemy, but also by your friends, because if you are a liability, you will be disposed off. We don't need someone like you in our branch, don't you dare show your face in front of an ANBU again."

The Illusion ended, as Gasu sat on the bed, and looked to him. He then moved his burned hand to the sky and said, "This... is my fate. That is what I did... I did nothing to make him personally want me dead prior... I simply had to must of a disadvantage... and he called it fair." It was up to Jomei now, to see how he would respond.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

So this was the sharingan. Jomei felt a twinge in his spine the moment he made direct eye-contact with Gasu's sharingan. A sudden jolt of warning precluding a lapse of time and space. It was like cutting to black in a cinema, and the crowd whispers in silence. The memory of his instructor, a stone ninja. Bonded by the will of stone. Gasu shared his story; a night that would leave permanent effects on his livelihood.

Gasu was a hopeful kid who needed molding, not scum unworthy of being a ninja. Jomei's attention fell from the sharingan to a scan of Gasu's injuries as he spoke. The illusion cast was the first of it's kind for Jomei, leaving him silent, and his mind buzzing. The sudden vision came and went, scrolling by in a neural whirlwind that left a headache behind.

Jomei viewed the product of every cruel act. The vision was a little overwhelming, but he was sure that there were ways to find the instructor, not that he would bother hiding.

There was nothing worth saying to deter Gasu from a path that would end in bloodshed. But Jomei didn't expect him to muster anything short of a repeat ending against someone like the masked man.

"I doubt he would've fared much better if the shoe was on the other foot" Jomei recognized the cruelty for what it was. Gasu was wounded beyond repair, by most means. This truly was his fate, but Jomei wanted to help him find some last glimmer of light.

"I believe you are... right to want to kill him." The words swelled within him till he nearly burst. And he said "But you can be better than that. What he did to you, is not how stone ninja treat their comrades. At least, that's not what I've learned. One of my instructors is a member of the council. Maybe I can ask him for some help. You mentioned some pretty specialized techniques used by the masked guy. Lightning release chakra is uncommon and poorly taught in our schools, so there can't be many suspects to hunt. We can track him down and bring him to justice. Have you met our main branch head, master Kamaru?"

WC372​

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Gasu suddenly laughed, "Kill him? By kami no! I know I am not strong enough yet, plus all I want is just a way to battle him fairly to prove I can be a ANBU, it was a dream of mine to help others! I hate needless death, plus soon this body will matter not." He looked to Jomei and said, "It is good to see you give sympathy to those who are around you without even thinking about it, it shows the kindness in your heart. I truly do hope you survive this village, for some nasty things are happening. And yes, I know Kamaru, he promised me a meeting on this already. But lightning chakra is rather easy to use..." Gasu twirled his fingers, as he lifted up a bolt of pure lightning like Zues, but the most impressive thing was that Gasu did it with only one handed hand seals. Gasu let the thunder melt into the air, as he looked to his friend, and said again, "Plus, I have an ANBU ninjutsu in my head, I have that memory I can show. You do not need to worry about me, worry about yourself, learn from others mistakes." He smiled, before he went to his bed again, and rested. With his eyes closed, he asked "Enough of me... tell me your story."

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Jomei listened to Gasu's rebuttal, and felt sympathy. He recognized Gasu's frame of mind for what it was, and there was no mistaking the nature of his desires. The sharingan gave him special insight, but blinded him to obvious truths. The masked man had shaken him to his core, and he sought to prove himself. Why? Why seek the respect of the mad, when they cannot reasoned with? This guy was a real piece of work.

"No. Because... I think you have a death wish." Jomei was certain that Gasu wasn't prepared to face the masked man again. His natural talent was leading to oversights; blinding him with pride.

"What you're saying now doesn't match what I saw in your memory, so you can cut the crap. You actually believe that the masked creep could be right, and you want to prove him wrong! How are you so confident?" A certain harshness was tuned into his last sentence, a sign of his rising irritation. "That ninja thinks he killed you and is probably at a pub right now, bragging about what he did. That exam violated village law, and he's not going to give you a fair fight." If word of his cruelty reached the public, his days would be numbered. "He's going to erase you next time, it'll be his only option."
How dare Gasu tell Jomei to worry about himself. "Are you sure you didn't lose your mind when he chopped your arm off?"
WC246

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Gus frowned, as his sharingan glowed and he picked at his memories, and then he said something, "...Have you ever been dishonored? Made fun of and insulted?" He stared at him with the sharingan, and then continued, "I want revenge because he directly told me that if I failed his exam, he would personally make sure I could not do an ANBU exam again. That is why I am going into the medical branch, because I wanted to help others either by keeping them safe or keeping them alive, and now the prior has been denied to me. My family the Ryujin are one of the most powerful clans in all of Iwagakure, and I don't feel like I did anything to earn by own blood rights alright? And the reason I am so confident? Because in my life, I have been possessed by poison bugs, my eyes torn out and replaced, my dreams themselves melting into fire and hell, my body torn and destroyed, zombies tried to eat my flesh, and my organs have been shifted and mutilated into a different shape but is now back to normal. See all the shit I went through? I overcame all of that, so I simply want the chance to prove I can do something, to prove to myself I actually am worth something. Like i said, I can't find that guy yet, but soon my dad's gift is going to turn on, and then I will achieve something epic." He sighed, looked up to Jomei and said, "Chakra can change, and chakra can be created to no end. What about life? It requires prior cells to happen, so it can be ended eventually, however, what is both chakra and life if leaved unspent?" He rubbed his fingers together, making flames dance among them, as he finished, "You see, I want to earn freedom from myself... for my memories, my past, and my mind all enslave me with expentactions and desires I want to fill, to make those around me happy.... proud... safe... but I can not do that as long as I can't believe in myself, so I wish to do that. there is only two ways for me to believe and be able to fight on... One is to fight the man, trying to prove something I can find in the ashes... or Two, My eyes change..."

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

Poor Gasu seemed divide by his ambitions, pain, and confusion. Every moment he mapped a new direction he needed to travel. There was always something else he hoped for, or believed in. Jomei suddenly felt fortunate to be born without such a privilege of strength and birth rights. Now Gasu needed to prove that he was worth the power he couldn't contain. Even at the brink of death, he glowed like a festival lantern: eyes and hands always brimming with light or an energy pulse.

Jomei was beginning to feel nauseous in that room, possibly from the hospital food or stale air. He made a move to open a window, and parted the shade. A gleaming brightness penetrated the room, and the hidden stone shined in with all it's majesty. As fresh air seeped in, it offered a release back into the reality outside of the room. The hidden stone was the same village it was before the incidents that put them in hospital gowns. Their failures were in the past now, and the key was to somehow grow stronger from them. We are not defined by what we have done, but what we will do.

"Why do we fall?" Jomei asked hypothetically. "So we can get back up again. You were born into this way of life, then so be it. But don't feel obligated to serve the village because that's just what we do. You have to want this for yourself. Having sharingan won't make you a make you a hero by default."

Standing and observing the village himself, Jomei recalled a past that he couldn't project with his eyes. Years of scrubbing floors, shining shoes, and tightening the madame's bustier. He was a slave in an era where the practice was unheard of, and saw it as his only fate until ninja from this village intervened. If it were not for them, he'd probably still be someone's pet, licking boots and doing laundry every day. One more year in her possession and he would've been old enough for castration; the mark of a proper slave.

"You made it, and that's enough of a reason to still love yourself. I chose this life because I want to be a product of hope; hope that I can save someone the way they saved me, not because it's what we do. I'd give everything because I owe that much. As soon as I get discharged from bed rest, I'm getting back on he Hiroya's trail because he's still out there. I may not have a better chance next time, but I will keep fighting because if I don't, he'll continue to hurt more people. With great power comes great responsibility."

Midst their conversation a nurse entered the doorway, just to check on them. Their talk was becoming intense and drew the staff's attention. "Can I do anything for you gentlemen?" he asked.
"Yeah" Jomei answered. "Could I please have my discharge papers drafted. I'm leaving today."
The nurse gave a nod and checked the slips on his clipboard. "Oh" he paused. "I also have a message for you from the Academy Head Office. It says to report to Room 14 at the Academy's E-wing tomorrow morning. You're request for a Graduate Board Review has been granted. Congratulations, mister Matsui." The male nurse provided a chipper grin, while shivers coursed through Jomei's body. "I'll have your uniform and belongings brought to you as soon as the discharge paperwork is filed."

WC579​

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Gasu sighed, and waited tell the nurse leaved, before he looked to Jomei. He then spoke a little more hushed, "Alright hero, I want to tell you a secret. This secret may save you because of what I am going to do. Here is my secret... I am heading out of country. I learned from a Dark sage that the eyes of god are real, and in this land those eyes are said to be cursed. Plus, since Inu Endo died, the leaders of this village will show their true colors, and someone will take control. And to top it off, two ANBU have tried to murder me personally, both from stone." He looked out to the window, and continued, "Funny how the mercenaries and missing-nin that hide in this village all are treated better then both of us." He snickered, "Oh who am I kidding? Your life will be great, you can only see the sun rise if the darkness grew darker right?" Gasu suddenly became covered in chakra, as he leaped out the window, flew back, and stood perfectly alongside the building, and looked down to Jomei. He said, "Remember Jomei, you have your own life, and through your actions truth is formed. Today I know one truth, I found a friend. But remember that information for the next week... because this week is about to become death itself. Goodbye my friend..." He walked down to the ground below, before rushing off, time to get to a meeting. But then he screamed, "Hope you pass your exam!"

[Topic leaved]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

And then Gasu revealed the truth, citing conspiracy for his course of action. But Jomei didn't doubt him, at least not entirely. The information revealed to Jomei consisted of foreign concepts, advanced for an academy student. Jomei clung to each tidbit as vital news worth committing to memory, and a seed nestled, destined to grow some day. Jomei would make himself familiar with everything Gasu mentioned; It was as if his own life depended on it. The village's internal affairs were so tainted that Gasu was fleeing to save his own skin. His sharingan were his link between the village's power struggle and his own danger.

That char-burned scoundrel was quiet the character; and left Jomei confused upon his departure. His information practically left the room spinning, and Jomei needed answers. Jomei ran to the window and watched as Gasu made his escape. Nurses ran back into the room following the commotion and reactions from staff who watched from other rooms.

"Wait, you can't be serious" he shouted as Gasu made a sudden departure. Instincts called for Jomei to web him and prevent gasu from scurrying away, yet he held back. It was wise to let Gasu go, before more ANBU came back to finish the job. Just what was going on in the hidden stone? And Jomei had no time to consider the truth as two bulky nurses popped through the door. They held a straight jacket made for normal men, and the presence of hunters stalking wild game. "Step away from the window" they demanded. Complying, Jomei raised all six arms and admitted that it was just Gasu who felt the need to check out early.

"Good luck, Gasu" he whispered to midst the trouble of overcoming the aggressive orderlies. They charged at him like common street thugs and a short skirmish unfolded. The products of meeting Gasu already surfaced, starting with a struggle against authority. The winners of the fight are unimportant, but Jomei was still able to check out that day. Oh how he hated hospitals.

WC340
[Topic Left]​

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back