Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Meditation [Rawr]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There were several facets to Itsuki daily regimen, but one she wanted to do more often, was hardly ever done. Meditation and a cleansing of the mind was just as important as keeping the body healthy. Unfortunately, given the life of a kunoichi, she had usually spent far more time working on her techniques and abilities rather than her mind. However, today was different.

The young girl sat with her legs crossed in the middle of a clearing, deep within the forest. The only sounds she could hear were the animals, the insects, and the wind. Her eyes were closed and her mind troubled, so, she was trying to find some way to clear her mind through this exercise. But one would realize clearing the mind is incredibly hard to do...

[Join if you want I guess? Don't expect anything amazing]

Tsukino Nanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[legend="[fontsize="25"]Part 1: Heart as Cold as Steel/Songbirds[/fontsize]"]
BGM (Listen to it! It adds to the scenery)

Mana Singing
"Blue Eyes"
[col]A voice could be heard through the trees, reverberating off the bark of the trees until it faintly reaches Itsuki's ears. This is the first time she has sung a song in the common language. Her lineage does not naturally speak this language as the Hasegawa made firm to speak the language of their motherland. The flow of the words of her clan's native language rolled off of the tongue so much smoother to the point of romance. However, the words spoken or sung in the common language can also be seen as beautiful in the case of the song she was singing.

Walking barefoot through the forest, the woman began taking ballet-like steps in a playful manner. The feeling of returning to nature put a big smile upon her face. The forest never felt so beautiful. The air here was clean and the people didn't seem corrupt as the previous and late Hokage, Kami. Though, the civilians didn't really seem too welcoming, nor did the shinobi for that matter. At least this time, she didn't have food thrown at her. She turned around while singing her song to look at her travel companion, Kibo. She refuses to let it go into the wilds after rescuing it from poachers. The two have been together and she is willing to overcome any and all hardships involved with being with the lonely creature. That is one thing the two of them have in common. One had destiny force her to make a decision that could effect the planet as a whole while the other was a victim of destiny. Both of them are alone because of that very fact.|
5thyp.jpg

Kibo​
[/col]
Each step caused the plants underfoot to grow at an exponential rate for a brief moment. Nature flourished under every step, leaving a trail of natural growth behind her. The flowers bloomed strong and with vibrant color, the grass grew long and greener than it has ever been, and the fungus grew taller and wider. Everything prospered on every step taken by the woman as the song is being sung. It was as if Mana weaved nature, itself, with that single song. Up ahead, Mana saw a clearing and went that way towards it. Her song came to the last word as she crossed from the forest and into the meadow.

Taking a defensive posture, Kibo stood in front of Mana and growled at the person meditating in the clearing. Her face turned from a playful smile to a scowl instantly upon seeing the presence of another human being. She loathes the human race. The things they do to each other and the things they do to the planet. The unforgiveable things they do to the planet all for the sake of living. Humans punch holes through mountains, cover the grass and soil with pavement, riddle the skies with electric lines and pollution, redirect natural flow of water with dams (which ruins the ecosystem of the rivers and screws up fish spawning), and other damnable offenses to the planet.

Mana walked around Kibo only to place a single hand upon it's head. The growling instantly stopped while turning towards Mana with a look of confusion. "It most certainly is good to see someone getting in touch with nature. You certainly are a different kind of person than those who would rather live in the prison of the village," Mana said towards the one meditating. Upon a quick glance at Mana, she can be seen wearing tattered clothing with dirt and grime everywhere.

[Topic Entered][/legend]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

No one entered the Inuzuka portion of the forest without alerting border patrols, and in turn, alerting Inuzuka Gekido. He was the master of this portion of the forest, and he had been farther in, watching the meditating female for some time now. But the scent of the canine known as Kibo was on both his nose, and his Ninken Judo's nose as well for some time now. Soon thereafter was the scent of the human female, one which was much more subtle due to her closeness with nature. At least that's what the Alpha Inuzuka let himself believe when he saw her state.

Judo looked up to Gekido with curiosity. "They are in our territory, do we push them out?" he asked. Gekido shook his mane without a word. They were not doing anything of concern, and this woman had his curisoity...

Meanwhile, Itsuki's eyes opened to the sound of a growling beast. She had not achieved the calmness she had been striving for, and the noise was not going to help her achieve such a feat.

A brightly colored canine seemed to have taken offense to her presence there and she wondering if she had wondered upon the area it lived in, but the defensive sounds of the animal ceased when a rather wild looking woman appeared and place a hand on it's side. Her words seemed as though she were a person who had reached the kind of peace Itsuki sought after. Out of respect, the young Kyokuju would stand and bow towards the stranger. Though words were not coming to her; Itsuki was unsure of her intentions. A wild woman could be a threat of a peaceful individual. "Your words are kind. Is there something you needed?" she asked in a very meek tone.

Tsukino Nanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[legend="[fontsize="25"]Part 2: Peace of Mind[/fontsize]"]

The Breeze Blowing through the Meadow
"No, I don't have anything that I need from you," the woman said as she looked up towards the trees, watching them sing and sway with the wind. The sound of the wind blowing through the leaves of the trees easily puts her mind at rest. She did find this place very beautiful and very magical. To think that a place of paradise and tranquility could exist in the mountains near the timber line. The woman moved her hands up to her ears, as if to magnify the sound. A smile came across her face as she closed her eyes to continue to hear the whispers of the planet.

She paused like this for a moment, hearing the words howling through the trees. After a moment of listening to the wind speak to her, the trees speak to her, and the planet as a whole, the woman lowered her hands and looked towards Itsuki. The animal she accompanied sniffed something in the air and walked forward and around Mana, taking an offensive posture beside her with a growl. A loud bark could be heard coming from the large, ferocious, and terribly endangered beast.

Another pat on the beast's head instantly calmed it down. "I'm well aware, Kibo. We aren't alone here," Mana said as she leaned in towards the animal and whispered into it's ear. "Do not do anything until it approaches any closer," spoke the woman before turning to look back towards the girl who laid upon the grass. Taking a seat where it stood, the creature glared back into the forest as if looking straight at the people looking her way.

"I just came to admire the beauty of nature. This place is most certainly magical," Mana stated as she broke away from her guardian/companion towards Itsuki. Mana walked around Itsuki for a moment before laying down next to the young woman and placed her hands upon her upper stomach and looked up into the blue sky. "It is, indeed remarkable here. The mountains with their powerful beauty and the trees here showing their serene beauty. My homeland was ravaged by pollution and industrialization. Acid rained from the sky, destroying the forests. The land, once filled to the brim with trees, was slowly being replaced by metal and factories. The leader of my homeland pillaged the blood of the planet for his own selfish desires. Whether or not he was a figurehead or a puppet of the corporation, he continued to let greed compel him to not care about the planet. Trees stopped growing and trees were continuously cut down for the sake of 'human progress'. He wanted to build more jobs and ruin what the planet has given us. That lead to the fall of my homeland. After that, the forests became a place of danger. There weren't any places that you could simply lay down in a meadow like this and stare up into the sky."

"The land became primordial. Not because of the creatures that roamed the land, but because of the people that were displaced after the fall of my nation. They were ravenous and they did not care about other people or the planet. The victims of what fell my hometown scarred the people, eventually turning them into the same calamity; greed," Mana said in quite the exposition without giving out or getting too far into detail. The woman moved her hands away from her, letting them feel the grass upon the ground. The grass moved through her fingers and over the webbing of her hand.

"It... Makes you question the worth of humanity, wouldn't you say?"[/legend]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

With her answer, Itsuki closed her eyes again, the sounds of nature around her also reverberating in her consciousness. As the stranger enjoyed the meadow they both now resided in, the young teen focused on clearing her mind once again. However it was difficult after what the foreign woman had said. It actually worried her slightly. Perhaps this woman was a rogue shinobi of sorts, and Itsuki was soon going to perish under her blade with no one else the wiser.

But that would not be the case. The wind seemed to shift and her beast was growling for a second time. Again Itsuki's eyes opened to make sure nothing of danger was approaching, but this time the animal was looking off into the woods for some reason. "Perhaps a predator is near?" thought Itsuki, turning her head slightly to look about the tree line. It was rare, but there had been documented attacks in these parts of the forest before.

Itsuki's suspicions seemed to be proven by what the woman said next, but the young trainee had not seen or deteced anyone in her quick glance. And while she could use her Byakugan, that was counter productive to her purpose there that day. She wanted to relax, not get caught up in some conflict of some kind.

In a few moments, Itsuki was back on the grass with her eyes closed, thoughts and sense open to the world around her. Footsteps soon grew near, and the woman's voice returned with a declaration of intentions. And, with no need to open her eyes, Itsuki knew that the dirt covered female had taken a similar position on the ground next to her. "It seems I am to have a companion." thought the reclining teen.

The story started well enough, but soon took a turn for the worse as she quickly began to speak of her homeland. Of how it was taken advantage and that her leader was a greedy man who used whatever he could to advance humanity. Her homeland had been ravaged and she was obviously troubled by this. Itsuki could tell why she had come this far into the forest. But the story did not end there. With the destruction of the homeland, came the destruction of the home. People soon devolved into selfish individuals who only looked out for themselves and not for the greater good of the community they once lived in.

But then came the question. A question that Itsuki hadn't time to ponder and think about. The worth of humanity was hard to even think about let alone draw a conclusion for in moments. The young teen had never thought about that, but then again, she wouldn't need to. Kumogakure had not run into such an issue with the developing technology of the time. "Had I gone through what this woman had, I have no doubt I would have come to a conclusion by now." she admitted to herself. The sounds of Mana's hands in the grass was somewhat helpful to her thinking as well.

"I'm not so sure I am the one to judge the worth of humanity. I'm only fifteen after all. But I've seen some good in people..." she began, but then she remembered her genin exam and the torturous trials of the shinobi academy. "But I have also seen some terrible decisions made by others..." she trailed, her expression visibly troubled. "Well you and I are human, and you seem like a good person. And I'd like to say I've helped people in the short amount of time I've lived." she finished, exhaling softly.

Meanwhile Gekido and Judo simply watched, listening to the words being spoken.

Tsukino Nanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[legend="[fontsize="25"]Part 3: To Be Human[/fontsize]"]

The Breeze Blowing Through the Meadow
[col]A smile came across the woman's face before she placed her hands upon her stomach and curled up with laughter. The girl that Mana laid beside is probably muddled by why Mana is reacting this way. The woman turned to her right side to face away from Itsuki and continued to laugh. "Good in people?" Mana asked as she wiped a tear from her eye. "Me? Human? Please," the woman stated before returning to her position with her back on the grass, fingers running through the blades of green.

"I'm far from human. I've done terrible things because Fate directed me to. Humanity is a parasite upon this planet; destroying it's beauty, raping it's resources, and even fighting one another over space upon it. Humans aren't fit to inherit this planet nor were they created as it's inheritors. While there may be truth that there may be 'good-in-humans', but as a whole, humanity is an ugly thing," Mana stated before pushing herself up, reclining herself upon her elbows as she looked towards Itsuki.|
2wd9a9w.jpg

Lying in the Grass​
[/col]The woman looked up into the sky and reached her right hand up to the heavens and reached for something. No matter how far she reached, she couldn't grasp at the sky. Her hand closed before she lowered her hand to her side. Turning back to look towards Itsuke, the woman smiled and moved some hair out from in front of her face.

"At least I haven't seen those traits in the humans here in this village so far," Mana said before she plopped back down upon her back and looked back up into the blue sky.[/legend]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

As the strange and dirty woman began to laugh, Itsuki looked at her in confusion. Her intention was not to be humorous. It seemed to get worse as she turned away, out of some kind of manners perhaps? Itsuki's expression seemed between troubled and perturbed. But soon this laughter was explained. Apparently calling her human was not correct. "If she isn't human, is she perhaps a spirit, a kami?" she wondered.

If actions could remove ones humanity, then her story was true. But that was a matter for the philosophers to discuss. It seems her opinions on nature and the world were radically different than most people, but based on her previous monologue, based on experience and logic. Logic that Itsuki could with no authority argue against. Upon Mana concluding her words, Itsuki too looked to the sky in thought, questioning what she had said.

Not to far off, the Inuzuka alpha stood, his arms crossed across his chest; a toothy smile stretched across his face. He was beginning to like this foreigner. In a broad sense, their ideals were similar. Where as Gekido simply hated the regulation and order than people placed on themselves, she despised all of humanity. He wished for the world to be like these woods and forests, wild and untamed; where he and his family could live without the shackles of some village simply because they had a unique bond with canines. The Inuzuka of cloud were a clan who basically lived within the forest with as much independence as they could manage. Feral beasts if you would ask any other in Kumogakure.

He questioned whether or not to make an approach to talk to this woman, but decided it was probably best saved for another time.

Itsuki smiled as Mana said that she hadn't found those traits just yet. With time, there was no doubt Mana would discover them somewhere, but the longer without the discovery the better. But then a new thought crept into Itsuki's mind, a question in fact. "Why are you in Kumogakure? Have you come to educate others in how to coexist with nature?"

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Topic Left- Inactivity; I need the slot. PM me when you post so I can follow up and formally close the thread]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back