Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private Meet the family #1: the day you can keep up with me

Uchiha Mirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Brimming with determination, Mirei removed her eyepatch and pulled her bang aside. The stinging pain in her left eye exploded the moment her damaged pupil was exposed to air, but she ignored it: today was going to be the day, she needed both eyes to pull it off, and pain wasn't going to stop her. She took a deep breath and focused: from the pebbles on the road she was walking to the chimneys of the houses in the Uchiha compound, all the way to the trees in the distance, she tried her hardest to see it all. She could feel her chakra become one with the world around her, she could feel a strong sense of relaxation falling upon her, in the silent alleyway she had found to hide in, away from the busy lives of the townsfolk... And then it happened: the stinging pain in her eye was gone. The birds and the leaves, the pebbles and the smoke from the chimneys: they were all moving in slow-mo. THIS was the level of focus she had read about, this was the state of insight she had been trying to achieve: with this, she was sure to beat her mother at last.

Ah, Mirei's mother: how can we best describe Urameshi Kotori, married Uchiha? If you are on this forum it must mean that you like reading mangas, and if you do, then chances are you have seen the kind of person Kotori is at some point: you know how most mangas with a male protagonist have a character who is female, older and more mature than the protagonist, extremely curvaceous, very motherly and caring in behavior, has long fabulous hair, never opens her eyes for some reason, and says "ara ara" a lot? Yeah, that's Urameshi Kotori in a nutshell: a gorgeous looking, incredibly sweet, doting parent.
The issue with such a personality was, of course, that Kotori was first and foremost a shinobi: an ANBU in fact, although Mirei didn't know about that one detail. This made her extraordinarily good at stealth, and in turn that made her doting tendencies quite... Invasive, to say the least: it was very common for her to appear in front of her daughter, seemingly out of thin air, to remind her to take her notes at school, or to make sure her clothes looked just right, or to give her the bento she had forgotten at home: Mirei's startled shrieks whenever this happened were a very common sound the inhabitants of the Uchiha compound had grown accustomed to.

You really need to stop doing that, mom! Being doted on by you all the time is embarrassing, and being startled like that makes me look like a moron: just leave me alone and let me do my stuff in peace!

Mirei finally found the courage to tell her mother one day

But Mirei-chan, you know I can't do that: if I'm always doting on you it's because you're my cute daughter, and I love you very much! Besides, I'm worried about you, wandering out into the world despite being still just a child.

I'M NOT A CHILD ANYMORE! I'm 13 now, I'm more than capable of taking care of myself and going out on missions! I have been acknowledged as a genin and all that! You can't just-

But Kotori interrupted her daughter with a swift gesture of her hand

Neither age nor ninja rank have anything to do with this matter: acknowledgments, missions, mastered jutsus, and the mere passage of time... All those things cannot change the fact that you're still a child! And as long as you are, then naturally I must protect you as your mother: until I can confirm that you have finally become an adult, there is no point in asking me to stop.

But when is that going to be? When are you ever going to admit that I've become an adult?

Kotori's response to this question was an impish, mischievous grin

Well, if we want to talk about remarkable feats to pull off... Then I'd say you'll be an adult the day you can keep up with me. It bothers you that I'm showing up in front of you out of thin air, right? So, find a way to see me coming, find a way to keep track of my movements so that I will never catch you off-guard again: if you do, I'll admit you have become an adult!

And Mirei had taken those words to heart: after that day, she had spent every single day of her life trying and failing to come up with ways to win that bet with her mother. And now, in that alleyway she had found, as she achieved the level of concentration she had read about in a book, she was sure this was finally going to be it: there was a wall behind her, so her mother could only come from the front, and given how intensely she could see everything in front of her, given how deeply aware she was of every pebble and every leaf, given that even her left eye had stopped hurting, there was no way her mother could get to her without being spotted. This time for sure, Mirei was going to prove that she cou-

BONK

Something suddenly bumped into the back of her head, coming from her blind spot.

Ara ara, Mirei-chan: what are you doing holed up in here?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More than surprise or fear, this time around the shriek was filled with frustration: Mirei turned around and yes, of course Kotori was standing right there, looking as radiant as ever, giving her the usual serene smile.

W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-WHAT THE HELL? Where the hell did YOU come from? My focus was perfect! And my form was perfect too, I had checked every nook and cranny for hiding spots and potential entries! What kind of devilry are you pulling on me this time?

Only then did Mirei realize: she was throwing another temper tantrum, and her mother was always admonishing her against those: a stern scolding, likely accompanied by some manner of punishment, was inevitable at this point. Gritting her teeth, Mirei braced herself... But the scolding never came: Kotori was just standing there, staring at her with an expression that was at the same time quizzical and worried.

Uh... Mom?

Mirei finally ventured after an awkwardly long silence

Oh I'm sorry, I was just thinking you have the same eyes as your father.

Do I? Wait, what does that have to do with anything?

But Mirei had no way of knowing, that her mother wasn't talking about the normal color of her eyes.
The Sharingan. The mysterious eye technique exclusive to the Uchiha clan. Her husband had told her that awakening it was a major feat, which could only be pulled off in dire circumstances: and yet her daughter was now standing in front of her, seemingly having forced it to appear, without even realizing it, just for the sake of winning a bet. Pondering about what this meant in regards to Mirei's personality, Kotori couldn't help but be impressed, but also worried.

Mirei-chan, this is not good.

She finally said

I know you hate losing, but being this competitive, and towards your own mother no less, is not healthy: this desire you have of always besting everyone will one day lead you to make rash decisions, and as a shinobi rash decisions could cost you your life.

Why am I being lectured out of a sudden?

Without a mirror Mirei had no way of realizing she had activated the Sharingan, so she had no idea what her mother was talking about.
Frustrated and confused, she let out a big sigh and looked up at the sky: the stinging pain in her left eye was returning. The clouds were so white and fluffy, they pissed her off.

WC: 1318

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back