Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Mental Examination | A Psych Eval of #77-6496 [P] (Kush)

Homura Akuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
'Early Morning.'

Comfy in bed upon his back, lazily laying on top of the simple timber structure, Saizo was shirtless and fully woke. His expression happened to be rather chilled, but his mind. Oh his mind was thinking about everything but breakfast. And getting dressed. And his mom currently yelling his name. And the girl he saw the other day that he thought was cute. He could only let a stressful sigh escape from his lungs while dark brown orbs stared a hole into the ceiling above.

'Man this is dumb.'

Plop went that annoyed thought and it was a hell of a way to start a ordinary day that had greeted Kumogakure with a chipper sunshine. For the Kyoujouran his mind was distracted, but what held such a captivating audience that was his concentration. The dreaded psychoanalysis, you know what every ANBU has to do. The psych eval short for psychological evaluation. Zo couldn't pin the tail on the donkey on this one. Perhaps it was having to open up to a complete stranger or maybe it was the fact he was being judged or could it have been he feared he had a villainous person deeper within the cavity of his mind. He should be cool, he should be alright, right? However he wasn't.

He just needed to start his day and play mind games with the distraction. He had to distract the distraction. With a casual extension of his right arm he grabbed his boxy-framed glasses. Carefully placing the optical instrument across the bridge of his nose.

"Lets get it."

It was a verbal attempt to speak aloud and gain some confidence for the day. Raising and twisting his body to the right, warm feet greeted the cool hardwood. The vibrations of everyone present could be easily felt. His sister like usual was probably hogging the bathroom, his mother was in the kitchen most likely, and his father heavy steps were headed in his direction. Great. A scratch to the back of his head from his right hand and a scratch to his stomach from his left. He was ready to go, but first, his dad.

After getting dressed and surviving his morning routine, he sat at the table amongst his family. Of course with any family he and his sister expressed their sibling rivalry and of course this was disrupted by the sovereign almighty dad. It wasn't long before everyone had finished their meals and would split their respective paths from the Burakkupawa compound. Saizo had left early so their was no need to rush, but once he stepped outside to breathing in the clear air. His distraction resurfaced its ugly head again, but now he no longer fought it, it was reality.

That was it!

He had to take the truth serum, that's what made him so nervous. As he made his journey to the Aesculapium he exchanged a few greetings with some familiar faces and even stopped at a confectionery shop for a donut. As he drew near to his destination his concentration got seduced by mental diversion and his eyes were locked onto the pavement while doing so an inward conversation transpired.

'Man I hope I don't fail.
Hell, I hope I'm not crazy.
I guess it's neccessary tho,
so crazy fools don't slip through the cracks.
I need to chill out, I'm suppose to be ANBU.
Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Zo, don't sweat it kid, you da man.'

Each step up the stairs made a raspy haunting scrape. This was it. Cautiously walking through the double doors he looked up at the clock.

8:48​

'Great twelve minutes to spare.'

Snaking his way to the psychiatric ward, the Kyoujouran made his way towards a desk. Behind this workspace was a pretty brunette that Saizo immediately engaged.

"Uh. Burakkupawa, Saizo.
I'm here for a nine O'clock."

</B>
"Um...Yes Mr. Burakkupawa.
Just have a seat and
we will be with you in a second."​
<i>
</i>

<B>"And if you have a second after I'm done here,
would join me for lunch?"

Her smirk and passive overlook said it all. No. So the young AiT took his seat before the counter awaiting his fate.

[MFT] | THREAD ENTERED & CREATED

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Re: Mental Examination | A Psych Eval of #77-6496

(Kush

Send him in. Kushin said.

He wasn't used to this type of work. His studies into the psychology of the human mind were things he'd done as a mednin. Experiments such as the one where he had people electrocute others for their own ends were ones which could be found in the hospitals library as well in the main library. He'd grown tired of learning about how capable the human mind was of being manipulated, and so he had diverted to a more physical field. Kinjutsu.

Yet today the head of the Psych ward was on a holiday and a young shinobi was scheduled for an evaluation leaving Kushin or one of the mans underlings to perform it, Kushin trusted very few, Kushin had to do it.

The young shinobi wannabe walked into the room being summoned by Kushin's staff and found himself faced by a green haired man with what would probably seem like a permanent scowl on his face.

So you're here for an ANBU Psych test huh? he asked gesturing to the seat on the other side of the desk.

Why is it you're wanting to join the ANBU for anyway? the word ANBU was spat out almost as a cuss than as a word.

Homura Akuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths

(Kush

"Mr. Burakkupawa, the doctor is ready for you."

The teens head had quickly popped up as he had broaden his attention from his manga to the signal for him to set foot in.

"Hm? Coo."

Taking a stand Saizo had leisurely strolled making his way past the desk and through the threshold into the mind prying hell.
'WTF? Green hair?
I guess I have no room to talk tho.'

The doctor's presence wasn't ordinary and the look the man gave him was pretty grimace, this furthermore didn't help with the situation.

So you're here for an ANBU Psych test huh?

Zo simply nodded instead of saying anything dumb. Honestly he didn't verbally respond because his statement sounded a lot like a rhetorical question and when you chose to field the question you could easily come off as a dick. Taking his seat as instructed he finally locked eyes. It honestly was the first time he tasted fear in a situation like this, but fear was just a indicator of liveliness.

Why is it you're wanting to join the ANBU for anyway?

Was it a trick question? Was the ANBU trying to test him in some way? Did he hate the ANBU or was that another mind game. Damn the psych eval. Saizo hesitated before giving his answer back. He knew he had to take the truth serum eventually if not now, and his answer wasn't to satisfy the man before him.
"Um, really I just wanted to be a main branch shinobi,
I had no desire to be a ANBU.
The ANBU found me, but since becoming a AiT.
I now find pride in having a strong sense of duty to Kumogakure
and it gives me a stronger sense of purpose,
a reason that makes me have to be stronger,
opposed to a wanting to be stronger.
You are nothing without purpose,
to me you just become a shell of skill and undisciplined.
Easily manipulated by selfish wants."

Now the scrutiny begins.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths

(Kush

Another who sought strength and was to take the path for that through the ANBU. Kushin supposed that was the most obvious choice for a young shinobi. The medical branch would likely always be viewed as a supporting group, a set of shinobi whose skill set was to heal the wounded and make the other shinobi able to fight longer. Images of all the ANBU he had killed for their organs flashed through his memory, the look of their faces as he removed their mask delighted him. They were after all so weak compared to him, those he'd killed anyway. There was no room for weakness in his Kumogakure. And he did consider this his Kumogakure.

Very well then.

He stood and took a bottle and a syringe, drawing up fifty five milligrams of the liquid and tapping it so the air would go to the top. It always amused Kushin that that tiny air bubble in the syringe could kill a human. How weak was the human race if that was all it took? Still five milligrams squirted from the top with the air, leaving fifty milligrams of fluid.

I'm sure you're aware as to what this is. I'll be placing the shot into your bloodstream and it'll take effect within minutes. You wont feel anything other than the slight oddity of the liquid entering you.

Moving around he lifted a hand, the boy would find his arm lifting of its own accord. Which of Kushin's abilities were being used one could only guess at really. He was a Chigokai, and a proud member of that founding Clan of Cloud. Second son of the clan leader, younger brother to the future leader, who also happened to be an ANBU. The clan gave him control over blood, including blood not his own, which meant that he could move people as he wanted using their own blood to do so. Though he also had Kinetic jutsu, so there were options.

Either way the boy was unable to move his arm away from where it was, indeed if he attempted to move anything he'd find himself completely unable to do so. Slipping the needle into the boys vein Kushin would pull back a little, a small amount of blood entering the syringe and mixing with the fluid. It looked quite beautiful in there, like how colours could look in glass. Yet it had a practical use to it, it told Kushin he'd entered the syringe correctly. Then it emptied into the boy Kushin withdrawing the needle and placing his thumb on the location a faint green glow healing the puncture immediately after the needle was removed.

Standing and walking around the desk back to his seat he sat back and looked at the boy who would now be free to move as he wanted.

Let us begin with the easy stuff while it sets itself in motion.

What's your name?

[Waits for response]
What's your age and date of birth?
[Waits for response]
Which clan do you belong to?
[Waits for response]
Does your clan have any commonly named bloodline traits or other abilities frequently found amongst their number?
[Waits for response]
If you were forced into a situation where you had to kill an ally to survive and accomplish a mission would you be able to drive the dagger into their heart yourself?
Wait what?

Homura Akuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths

(Kush

Very well then.

Saizo observed as the man brought forth one of medics most trustworthy weapons, the syringe. He began loading the instrument with a liquid, but what liquid?

I'm sure you're aware as to what this is.
I'll be placing the shot into your bloodstream
and it'll take effect within minutes.
You won’t feel anything other than the slight oddity of the liquid entering you.

Dark brown eyes behind black boxlike frames were heavily watching the doctor and what he was choosing to store into that metallic stinger. He could only trust this man by arms length, because some of these medics nowadays were mad scientist. Who knows what this guy maybe into, Saizo could only use his imagination.

Now when his arm first started moving on its own accord it was only reactionary that Saizo resisted, but after deducing that he and the doctor were the only ones in that room, it had to be him …..right? Somehow he was influencing Saizo’s body movement which was cool in an admirable way, but slightly off-putting all in the same breath. The Kyoujouran couldn’t help but feel this guy was trying to display dominance or was Saizo just being insecure?

What the doc probably would further notice that the needle wouldn't slip so smoothly into the rough hide of the Burakkupawa and that he didn’t flinch at when he poked him. It was because during the whole process he hardily felt a thing, his sense of touch was not all that great thanks to what red fluid circulates his veins.

Let us begin with the easy stuff while it sets itself in motion.

What's your name?

</B>

"Burakkupawa, Saizo."
<i></i>

What's your age and date of birth?

</COLOR>
“I’m fifteen and I was born August, seventeen [insert year]”​
<i>
</i>

Which clan do you belong to?

</COLOR></B>
"Burakkupawa clan."​
<i>
</i>

<COLOR color="#FF0000">Does your clan have any commonly named bloodline traits or other abilities frequently found amongst their number?
<B><COLOR color="#BFBF80">"Yes, the Kyoujouran."

So far this was pretty damn easy maybe he had made the mistake of letting his imagination build this psych test into something much more. This was until he heard the next question.

If you were forced into a situation where you had to kill an ally to survive and accomplish a mission would you be able to drive the dagger into their heart yourself?
Wait what?

Hesitation came forth. He didn’t want to respond but he had to, he had to if he wanted to finish this thing, and he had to if he wanted to become ANBU.
<B>“Yes and No?”

Naw that wouldn’t do. Saizo knew he couldn’t be on both sides of the fence. Plus he no longer felt the capacity to be sly, his mind wouldn't allow him to dodge the question. No doubt the liquid was taking effect and sustaining its hold on his tongue.
“No.”

He chose to keep his answers short and simple, diarrhea from the mouth only made you sound confusing as hell and like you didn’t know who you are as a person. With the last question he had failed to give the politically correct answer, but he wasn’t willing to sacrifice his character for a damn question. Yet it also forced him in that moment to realize that situations like that occur in this line of work, and it made him now question his personal code of ethics. Did the ANBU warp people into killing machines with no regard for comrades?

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths

(Kush

No?

Kushin's frown deepened.

As an ANBU you are required to perform you missions successfully no matter what is required. There may be times when killing an ally is what is required for mission success. An example might be they have important information and are slowing you down which will cause you both to be captured. You must kill them so the information doesn't fall into the enemies hands and so that you can escape and return what information you are aware of to Cloud. Your options in this scenario are stay with your comrade, maybe taking down one or two with you before being tortured till you tell them everything they want to know, perhaps endangering Cloud and your loved ones or killing one man who will die either way, living and keeping Cloud safe. Are you capable of taking things like this into consideration when on a mission or will you be too caught up in the immediate emotional side of killing a friend?

He wanted to give the boy another chance, though the question was different now, now he was asking whether the boy could think logically, without taking emotions into account.

Where the boy was lucky was that many failed this psych test and still went on to become ANBU. It was more something so that the ANBU Sennin would know what they were getting into by taking these people on.

Homura Akuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths

(Kush

As an ANBU you are required to perform you missions successfully no matter what is required. There may be times when killing an ally is what is required for mission success. An example might be they have important information and are slowing you down which will cause you both to be captured. You must kill them so the information doesn't fall into the enemies hands and so that you can escape and return what information you are aware of to Cloud. Your options in this scenario are stay with your comrade, maybe taking down one or two with you before being tortured till you tell them everything they want to know, perhaps endangering Cloud and your loved ones or killing one man who will die either way, living and keeping Cloud safe. Are you capable of taking things like this into consideration when on a mission or will you be too caught up in the immediate emotional side of killing a friend?

His frown prior to his oration was a clear sign his answer was inadequate. He had a nervous conscious that told him so as soon as he uttered the word "No". He felt disgusted at the thought that he might have to kill a comrade, a friend. However the good doctor was right, and if he had to dispose of his teammate to protect a source of information that would protect Kumogakure. So be it off with his head.

"I sometimes wondered about things like that doctor-sama. Ever since I started this career. I thought it would be best for Kumogakure to do what I can, for me and a comrade. But it all seems so selfish now, but is it crazy to value human life? For the greater good of Kumo and to protect it.

I would kill my comrade."

The doctor made sense, because if Saizo wanted to protect Kumogakure. The deed would have to be done with no hesitation, no emotions, and it was a justified murder for the greater good. But what do you say to a family? There son died in the line duty, but he had to be killed by his own comrade?

No. There was no room for petty feelings of guilt.

This was the life he signed up for this was a reality of his chosen profession. It seems emotions would get you terminated quickly.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths

(Kush

It was interesting to Kushin watching a young shinobi, before his prime, come to realizations that the world wasn't going to be all candyfloss and gummy bears. Yet at the same time the boy before him had already realized that. It was just to the extent that the boy may not have concluded. Kushin tilted his head a bit, and then spoke his words of wisdom, something he seemed to do quite often, though whether they were taken for what they were or whether they were discarded was always out of his hands.

He could only give knowledge, whether it was received or not was not up to him.

The greater good of Kumogakure is what I strive for with every action I make. I have killed many comrades, but every single man or woman of Cloud that I have needed to sacrifice I have remembered and exacted my own form of justice in their name. If a member of Cloud is held captive I will slaughter the captors friends, family, I will destroy everything they love and hold dear, so that the next time someone thinks about trying to do the same thing they remember what happened to the last person. Everyone has something they hold dear. Everyone.

Your comrades are your strongest asset, and you should always do everything you can for them. But at times the best thing you can do is kill them so that they don't suffer while trying to do their part for the greater good of Kumo. After all, if you were caught by the enemy and had vital information you wouldn't just tell them would you?

Kushin's mind remembered the faces of the fallen. The Shinobi he had Keiji kill and take organs from so that a future member of Cloud could have access to their Kekkei Genkai and Kumogakure grow stronger. The man was going to die either way. Yet why did someones ability to help the village have to end with death.

He was here to make sure that death was not the end for a shinobi's will.

And though many thought him evil for what he did, he viewed it as a necessary evil for the greater good of Kumogakure.

It was his sacrifice.

Homura Akuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths

(Kush

The greater good of Kumogakure is what I strive for with every action I make. I have killed many comrades, but every single man or woman of Cloud that I have needed to sacrifice I have remembered and exacted my own form of justice in their name. If a member of Cloud is held captive I will slaughter the captors friends, family, I will destroy everything they love and hold dear, so that the next time someone thinks about trying to do the same thing they remember what happened to the last person. Everyone has something they hold dear. Everyone.

Your comrades are your strongest asset, and you should always do everything you can for them. But at times the best thing you can do is kill them so that they don't suffer while trying to do their part for the greater good of Kumo. After all, if you were caught by the enemy and had vital information you wouldn't just tell them would you?

Doctor Kushin words didn't falter in its airborne traverse to Saizo’s eardrums. He ingested the words saving them into his memory banks. Later he would more than likely let this statement be ran and lodged into his lifestyle going forward. Only at fifteen it was safe to say that the Kyoujouran was at an age of influence, a malleable mind that he wanted to forge into something mighty and not weak. Ultimately doctor Kushin had installed some deadly software into a high performance thinking machine. Now was Saizo easily influenced? No. But when a man of doctor Isaki stature spoke it didn't fall on deaf ears.

Oh? If you thought Saizo was unaware of who he was conversing with you would be sadly mistaken, because if he didn't know who the Medical Sennin was....well he just wouldn't be ANBU material now would he?

"I rather die yo, than let myself slip
and giv'em vital info like dat?!?
I might as well be a traita myself ya know? I'd be no betta than ah nuke-nin honestly.
I think the honorable thing ta do is kill yourself.
But that's easier said than done."

Saizo was displaying a high level of comfort now and his manner of speech showed it.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths

(Kush

Kushin nodded.

Good. Then I think you're clear to go.

His pen scribbled a few notes, then signed a piece of paper.

As the young shinobi went to stand he would speak again, interrupting the act of leaving.

I injected you with a saline solution. Nothing in it. I know the ANBU love their truth serum, but I don't believe in it myself. There are ways to resist things like that, and ultimately they render insincere results. He looked up at the boy. In his mind he knew that there were other ways to tell if someone was lying anyway. For Kushin the pulse of someone was all he needed, and when someone was preparing for the test of truth to be in liquid form they wouldn't be trying to hide their heartbeat.

He was, after all, a Chigokai of Cloud.

As a point of interest, I trained in the ANBU when I was younger as well. I think you will do well. Just remember to nod and agree to your superiors faces even when being given a ridiculous order, and then do the correct thing when you're on the job. Not everyone of higher rank has achieved it for good merit.

With that Kushin gestured to the door, effectively issuing for the young man to leave. The papers would be sent to ANBU HQ directly. Less likely to be tampered with that way.

[topic left when Saizo leaves, if left]

Homura Akuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths

(Kush

Good. Then I think you're clear to go.

Saizo let loose a sigh of relief upon the world, as his entire body was eased of the tension he had needlessly created. Releasing his strong grip from the arms of the chair, the Burakkupawa stood up tall pivoting his right heel and swinging his left leg hastily around to make for a quick exit. Just as his right hand had made contact with the door's knob, Kushin's voice resonating commanded Saizo's motion to cease. His body would twist left and look over his shoulder.

I injected you with a saline solution. Nothing in it. I know the ANBU love their truth serum, but I don't believe in it myself. There are ways to resist things like that, and ultimately they render insincere results.

Saizo smiled hard and titled his head back. He was hoodwinked, and found it to be quite entertaining. He also didn't realize there were ways to defeat the truth serum, he pondered how briefly. Prior to giving his awareness back to the glare of Kushin.

As a point of interest, I trained in the ANBU when I was younger as well. I think you will do well. Just remember to nod and agree to your superiors faces even when being given a ridiculous order, and then do the correct thing when you're on the job. Not everyone of higher rank has achieved it for good merit.

"Alright.
I got it Dr. Kushin.

You know you're not bad for a green haired guy.
I'm sure this is not the last time we meet."​
<i></i>

With that Saizo ducked out the door with a wave goodbye. Do ANBU's wave goodbye? Maybe that wasn't so gangsta SMH.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back