A distinct clan of samurai that has been the source of some of the greatest swordmasters throughout the land. Renown for the lethal finesse they display in their sword fighting with some of the most ancient blades, a Nanjirou is said to come of age only when their ancestry awakens within them; gifting them with spiritual link to their ancestors that can be evoked to display advanced techniques honed through generations of experience.
Note: All techniques and buffs from this Bloodline are considered Spiritual/Dark/Light based on their Ancestral Weapon.
084 PL - Ancestral Weapon (Rank One)/Bushido (Rank One)
168 PL - Wrath Seal (Rank One)
252 PL - Iaijutsu Mastery (Rank One)
336 PL - Battoujutsu (Rank One)
420 PL - Ancestral Weapon (Rank Two)
504 PL - Iaijutsu Mastery (Rank Two)
588 PL - Bushido (Rank Two) / Temporized Slash (Rank One)
672 PL - Wrath Seal (Rank Two) / Uncanny Dodge (Rank One)
756 PL - Ancestral Weapon (Rank Three) / Battoujutsu (Rank Two)
840 PL - Iaijutsu Mastery (Rank Three) / Temporized Slash (Rank Two)
924 PL - Uncanny Dodge (Rank Two)
1008 PL - Wrath Seal (Rank Three) / Temporized Slash (Rank Three)
1092 PL - Bushido (Rank Three) / Uncanny Dodge (Rank Three)
1176 PL - Battoujutsu (Rank Three)
1260 PL - Sword Trance (Rank One)
1344 PL - Crescent Arc (Rank One)
1428 PL - Sword Trance (Rank Two)
1512 PL - Tsubame Gaeshi (Rank One)
1596 PL - Sword Trance (Rank Three) / Crescent Arc (Rank Two)
1680 PL - Crescent Arc (Rank Three) / Tsubame Gaeshi (Rank Two)
1764 PL - Tsubame Gaeshi (Rank Three)
Ancestral Weapon - Passive
The Nanjirou believe that the best ending to their life is to be as they lived; paired with a blade. Their remains are used in the forging and reforging of blades both new and old, quite literally infusing a part of them into their swords. It is for this reason that their are a myriad of unique weapons in the clan, each with their own history and displaying traits of those who came before. Many blades have a spirit within of one of their ancestors that serves as a guide to the Nanjirou as they live their life and grow in power.
Rank 1: Upon gaining this bloodline the user must designate a single Slashing or Piercing weapon as their Ancestral Weapon. Attacks made with this weapon gain one of the following alignments and the associated effect;
Rank 2: The Ancestral Weapon gains +1 Critical.
- Spiritual Twice per round, the user may perform two Wrath Seal actions to the same attack with this weapon. Both require a focus point.
- Holy The weapon protects the user against the first 175/275/400/550/675 damage that hits the wielder each round, increasing with the user's out of character rank D/C/B/A/S.
- Cursed Each round the user's Ancestral Weapon siphons 1% of their maximum health into a special Bloodlust Pool. Whenever the user performs a Taijutsu with their Ancestral Weapon, for free, they may choose to spend Bloodlust as well which increases the base damage of their attack by an equal amount to a maximum of +500 Base Damage.
- The Bloodlust Pool has no maximum cap and cannot be affected in any form other than spending or adding Bloodlust.
Rank 3: Critical bonus from Rank 2 no longer applies to caps.
- The user may only have a single Ancestral Weapon.
- The flavor regarding having an ancestral spirit within the weapon is still subject to the ghost NPC rules.
- The Ancestral Weapon must be stated in their Dojo thread. It and its alignment may be changed by remaking the chosen weapon.
Bushido - Passive
Fitting for a clan of samurai, the Nanjirou are ingrained with a code of honor and pride before they even learn to speak. Due to carrying within them the blood and spirit of their lineage, the failure of oneself is seen as the failure of one's ancestry; to be the cause of such shame is not an option to them. The more a Nanjirou is pressured, the more of their Ancestry awakens.
Rank 1: The user gains +0.5 to all Secondary stats each time they lose 30% of their Max Hp, capping at +1.5 Secondaries.
Rank 2: The user is treated as having the Hidden Power ability (This does not require an abilities slot).
Rank 3: The user gains +0.5 to all Secondary stats each time they lose 15% Hp of their Max Hp, capping at +2 to their secondaries. So they gain a bonus at 85%/70%/55%/40%. If the user elects to fill one of their ability slots with Hidden Power, the cap is increased to +3. So they gain a bonus at 85%/70%/55%/40%/25%/10%.
- If the user has Hidden Power granted for free by a source which is not Bushido then the user is counted as having filled one of their ability slots with it even though the ability is not currently taking up an ability slot.
Wrath Seal - Activated Passive
The core of what separates a swordsman and a Nanjirou is their ties to their clan; the Nanjirou have the unique ability to invoke visions, emotions, and perhaps most importantly, techniques, of their predecessors. A misnomer, the Wrath Seal is a trance they enter that allows even a young Nanjirou to display advanced swordsmanship by channeling the power of an ancient grandmaster. This is no free power though; the trance is exhausting, and difficult to maintain during battle for an extended time.
Rank 1: Grants the user 1 Focus point upon activation and each round active. They may perform the Dancing Blade, Energy Slash and Vantage options.
Rank 2: Grants the user 2 Focus points upon activation and each round active. The user may now perform the Vorpal Edge option.
Rank 3: Grants the user 3 Focus points upon activation and each round active. The user may now perform the Lethality option.
One Focus point may be spent to add one of the following effects to a Slashing or Piercing attack;
- Dancing Blade - The user may add +1 target to an attack. The user deals -10% damage for the remainder of the round; this stacks indefinitely each time used in the round.
- Energy Slash - The attack does not count as Melee Contact.
- Vantage - The user may attack a stealthed target that they failed an awareness check on at -5 accuracy.
- Vorpal Edge - When Battoujutsu is used, it does not suffer from the damage penalty gained through the Dancing Blade or Uncanny Dodge Nanjirou skills.
- Lethality - Doubles both the Critical buff limit and any Critical bonuses the user has, but halves the user's critical damage modifier.
Cost: 1 Ap to activate. 4% Max Cp/Rnd active
- Unused Focus Points carry over to the next round, but cap out at a maximum of 5.
- Focus points modify an entire action, not just an individual hit.
- An attack may only be modified by a single Focus point (with the exception of a Spiritual Ancestral Weapon.)
Iaijutsu Mastery - Bloodline Fighting Style
Through many years of training, the Nanjirou have developed a code: "Wherever we may be, we must be prepared." With this code in mind, they have developed a stance to adjust to every situation. Their sword is constantly sheathed, and they may quickly draw it and redraw it. There are a number of variations but any skilled Nanjirou will have their fearsome Battoujutsu at the ready.
Rank 1: Jigen-ryu -- The user's Piercing and Slashing Taijutsu attacks with their weapon while in this stance do +5% more damage.
Rank 2: Mugai-ryu -- Taijutsu attacks done with this style are modded 0.25 AP faster (costs are still paid in full).
Rank 3: Kensei-ryu -- The user takes +15% Damage from all sources, however their class Evasion stat is considered High.
Special Action - The user may choose to only select the "dodge attack to sheath weapon" effect of this style without any of the other effects. If so, this does not take up the user's physical style.
Cost: 0.5 AP to enter stance.
- At all ranks, upon dodging an attack the user may sheath their weapon for no cost. This is considered a Smart Action, and will be done automatically.
- Can be used with -Any- Slashing or Piercing Weapon.
- No attack can be modded as if they cost less than 0.5 AP.
- While in the Kensei fighting style, the Nanjirou's damage buff cap is reduced to +25%. Additionally, any "beyond the cap" damage buffs they have are halved.
Battoujutsu - D Rank Buffing Taijutsu
The infamous quickdraw technique of the Nanjirou. In the hands of a Nanjirou a sheathed blade is more dangerous than a drawn one, and in the blink of an eye they can unsheathe and strike at their enemies. With few people outside of shinobi having the necessary reflexes to react, the Nanjirou became famed for their "one-hit kill" swordsmanship.
Rank 1: The user equips a Slashing or Piercing weapon and attacks with a Taijutsu; If the attack rolls a critical, the modifier is increased to x2.1 Critical damage.
Rank 2: The user equips a Slashing or Piercing weapon and attacks with a Taijutsu with +1 Critical range; If the attack rolls a critical, the modifier is increased to x2.2 Critical damage.
Rank 3: The user equips a Slashing or Piercing weapon and attacks with a Taijutsu with +2 Critical range; If the attack rolls a critical, the modifier is increased to x2.3 Critical damage.
Cost: No Ap; increases the Cp/HP cost of the attack used with this by +30%.
- The weapon must be sheathed at the start of this attack.
- This attack cannot benefit for critical attack bonus' from any other source (such as Human Anatomy) put it can be stacked with Nanjirou's Ancestral Weapon.
- This may be used with and gain bonus' from Nanjirou's Lethality.
- Smart Action - The user will automatically default to using Battoujutsu when attempting to attack with a sheathed weapon when possible.
Temporized Slash - C Rank Bloodline Slashing/Piercing Taijutsu
When facing a Nanjirou, one should never let their guard down, even when they believe themselves to have the upperhand. A technique performed by sheathing their sword in invisible chakra and slashing, the Nanjirou seals the wound right away through the use of the chakra and causes it to go unnoticed by the victim until they choose to release the chakra and open the wound. Often seen involving the user passing by the enemy in an apparent miss...Until blood suddenly gushes from multiple wounds at once.
Rank 1: Deals 1170 damage at -1 Accuracy. Damage dealt by this technique may show up as either a miss or hidden action (user's choice).
Rank 2: Deals 1460 damage. Damage dealt by this technique may show up as either a miss or hidden action (user's choice). Additionally, the user may choose an additional attack used during the current round or the next to be modded similarly.
Rank 3: Deals 1825 damage at +1 Accuracy. Damage dealt by this technique may show up as either a miss or hidden action (user's choice). Additionally, the user may choose an additional 2 attacks used during the current round or the next to be modded similarly.
Rank 1: 1.75 Ap, 350 Cp
Rank 2: 1.75 Ap, 420 Cp
Rank 3: 1.75 Ap, 480 Cp
- Attacks chosen to be hidden/missed may only be Slashing or Piercing Taijutsu.
- Lasts until the end of the following round, at which point all 'stored' damage is dealt at once.
- A target cannot be affected by multiple uses of Temporized Slash at once. Being hit by this Jutsu while already affected releases any stored damage from the previous use.
- 'Stored' attacks make their initial to-hit check at the time of use as normal. However, damage is not dealt until the time it is 'released'.
- If a 'stored' attack inflicts an effect such as bleeding or a debuff, it is applied upon the initial hit as usual but is 'hidden' from the mod until stored damage is released.
- Attacks still break binds as usual, despite the damage not being applied at the time of the hit.
Uncanny Dodge - C-Rank Bloodline Taijutsu
There are few people whose raw speed and reflex can rival that of a Nanjirou swordsmaster. Their swiftness can seem unnatural, as if aided by some jutsu effect or other influence, but it is simply the result of their willpower to endure their clan's intense physical conditioning.
Rank 1: Once used, the user will auto-dodge the next level E-B Jutsu that hits them. The user may use a single Special Action.
Rank 2: Once used, the user will auto-dodge the next level E-A Jutsu that hits them. The user may use a single Special Action.
Rank 3: Once used, the user will auto-dodge the next level E-A Jutsu that hits them. The user may use both Special Actions.
Special Action - Razor's Reflex: Requires Wrath Seal to be active. The Nanjirou may spend a Focus point when using Uncanny Dodge to make a basic melee attack against the attacker, dealing damage equal to 20% of the attack's intended damage.
Special Action - Hidden Warrior: By paying 0.5 additional AP at the time (not at cast) the attack is auto-dodged, the Nanjirou may attempt to enter stealth at -1 stealth bonus.
Cost: 1 Ap; Cp equal to 30% of the triggering attack (CP cost is paid upon the triggering attack but the AP is paid on cast).
- This cannot be used reflexively. This must be cast before the attack they attempt to auto-dodge.
- This is an activated auto-dodge.
- May only be used once per round, even if Acrobatics is an owned ability.
- May use both special actions at rank 3, and only a single one at rank 2.
- After usage, the Nanjirou deals -20% damage for the remainder of the round.
Sword Trance - B-Rank Bloodline Buffing Taijutsu
Calling forth the spirits of their ancestors, the Nanjirou manifests their willpower and soul in a form of living blade that dances around them. To the eyes of a stranger, they would appear like gleaming steel that appeared out of thin air but for the Nanjirou, each and every single blade was once a part of their living bloodline, aiding them in their techniques - refining them with their wisdom.
Effect: The user generates a certain amount of Living Blades each round and the user may choose to expend 1 Living Blade into their Basic Attack, offensive Bloodline Technique or Slashing/Piercing Taijutsu to grant it an additional effect. If the user is equipped with their Ancestral Weapon at the time of cast, the Living Blade user gains the effect under their weapon's Alignment instead.
Rank 1: Generates 2 Living Blades.
- Base - Attacks done with a Living Blade gains it +2 Accuracy.
- Spiritual - Attacks done with a Living Blade uses the target's Genjutsu Save instead of their usual Dodge in the roll, and may perform a single Wrath Seal action without requiring a focus point.
- Holy - Attacks done with a Living Blade recovers the user's health by 175 / 275 / 400 / 550 / 675, scaling from the user's Out of Character Rank (D / C / B / A / S).
- Cursed - Attacks done with a Living Blade will siphon 1% of the target's maximum Health and adds it to the user's Bloodlust Pool.
Rank 2: Generates 3 Living Blades.
Rank 3: Generates 4 Living Blades.
Cost: 2.25 AP and 1% max HP to activate, 1% max HP/round to maintain.
- Lasts for 3 rounds and has a round cooldown after the end of the duration.
- The user can only hold up to 6 Living Blades at a time.
- The Light/Dark versions do not stack if used with an attack hitting multiple targets at once. Light will only heal the user once per attack, and the Dark variant will only add the highest damage dealt amount to the user's Bloodlust Pool.
Crescent Arc - B-Rank Bloodline Slashing/Piercing Taijutsu
The Nanjirou's mastery over their body is paralleled by the mastery they have over their own mind. Able to feel their own bodily energies they are able to harness their spiritual wrath tangibly. They release an arc of energy from their sword from afar. This pure energy is disruptive to the chakra coils in their opponent, often exhausting their adversaries long before they achieve victory.
Rank 1: The user strikes once dealing 825 Taijutsu damage and an additional 825 chakra damage.
Rank 2: The user strikes once dealing 980 Taijutsu damage at +1 Accuracy and an additional 980 chakra damage.
Rank 3: The user strikes once dealing 1,165 Taijutsu damage at +2 Accuracy and an additional 1,165 chakra damage.
Special Action: For -1 to the attack's accuracy this attack may target a second target. This may stack up to three times.
Rank 1: 2.25 Ap, 655 Cp
Rank 2: 2.25 Ap, 780 Cp
Rank 3: 2.25 Ap, 885 Cp
- Can be used with Melee or Ranged Accuracy.
- If used with Ranged Accuracy, this attack has a second chance to hit if the initial use was a miss; this can only occur once per round. This energy strike deals 80% normal damage at -3 Accuracy.
Tsubame Gaeshi - A-Rank Bloodline Slashing/Piercing Taijutsu
In a single decisive strike fabled to never miss, a Nanjirou can take down a weakened foe. The voices from their ancestors call out the them and some say that they can see the face of these ancient warriors in place of the man living this day or that their hands guide the blade of their descendant. The strike is the pinnacle of swordsmanship, and so powerful it cleanly splits solid stone.
Rank 1: At + 3 accuracy the Nanjirou attempts to strike down a single target dealing 2650 damage. This attack cannot target a clone or an unintended target.
Rank 2: At + 3 accuracy the Nanjirou attempts to strike down a single target dealing 3050 damage. This attack cannot target a clone or an unintended target and cannot be auto-dodged.
Rank 3: At + 3 accuracy the Nanjirou attempts to strike down a single target dealing 3505 damage. This attack cannot target a clone or an unintended target, cannot be auto-dodged and can target an opponent in stealth as if they were regularly targeting an opponent (but this is done at -3 accuracy).
Rank 1: 2.75 Ap, 1400 Cp
Rank 2: 2.75 Ap, 1750 Cp
Rank 3: 2.75 Ap, 2100 Cp
- May only be used once per round.
- If the opponent was in stealth when they were hit with this attack, this attack does not take them out of stealth but they would take the full damage of this attack.