A rather unique clan, those of the Nara clan are gifted with unique mental traits that surpass most other shinobi; their uncanny Intelligence and their affinity to shadows. The Nara are undeniably some of the sharpest geniuses in the world, their minds thinking both swiftly and possessing the ability to outthink multiple opponents at once. Each possesses the ability to use specialized techniques that involve manipulating the shadows of themselves and their environment to a variety of advantageous effects.
084 PL - Nara Strategy (Rank 1), Shadow Bend (Rank 1)
168 PL - Shadow Tactics (Rank 1)
252 PL - Encroaching Shadows (Rank 1)
336 PL - Shadow Tactics (Rank 2)
420 PL - Nara Strategy (Rank 2), Shadow Possession (Rank 1)
504 PL - Shadow Bend 2 (Rank 2)
588 PL - Shadow Tactics (Rank 3), Encroaching Shadows (Rank 2)
672 PL - Nara Strategy (Rank 3), Shadow Possession (Rank 2)
756 PL - Encroaching Shadows (Rank 3)
840 PL - Shadow Bend (Rank 3), Shadow Possession (Rank 3)
Nara Strategy - Passive
Almost as if the gods created the title "Tensai" only for those of Nara blood, the clan tightly guards secret levels of strategy that is said to be without peer.
Rank 1/2/3: The Nara gains the Strategy ability for free. They also get +0/+1/+2 Prepared slots.
- Strategy does not count towards the ability limit.
Shadow Bend - Passive
The Nara clan are known for its intricate skills involving the manipulation of shadows. This ability allows the Nara to fabricate techniques from the voids of darkness to strike their targets in a myriad of ways.
Rank 1/2/3: May convert Fire and Water Techniques into Shadow Techniques at +20%/10%/0% CP cost. Shadow Techniques gain +5/10%/15% chance of being a Sneak Attack.
Shadow Tactics - Bloodline Style
The Nara have a unique affinity to shadows and shade of all types, and by simply remaining within the cover of shadows, they are able to manipulate them to assist themselves naturally, the Nara becoming stronger, so long as they remain within the cover of darkness.
Rank 1/2/3: The user gains the following bonuses dependant on the battlefield’s Visibility
- [Bright] +2 accuracy
- [Average] +1 accuracy/-5% cp cost to shadow techniques,
- [Dim] -10% CP cost to shadow techniques.
- [Dark] +1 accuracy/-15% cp cost to shadow techniques.
- [Pitch Black] May convert any shadow technique into an AoE targeting up to 3 targets for -20% base damage.
- If the user possesses the ability Stalker the visibility will count as one higher in the users favor for the purposes of this style.
- Counts either as Chakra or Physical Style. Must be declared upon entering.
Encroaching Shadows - Shadow Ninjutsu
With this technique, members of the Nara Bloodline literally call the shadows to them, gathering them on the field of battle, cloaking opponents in unnatural darkness.
Rank 1/2/3: When the user uses a Shadow Technique, the visibility of the battlefield is lowered by 1 step for 2/3/5 seconds.. Further use of Shadow Techniques increases the effect by 1 step and resets the duration. The visibility will then slowly return to normal, moving back up a step every 2 seconds. While this Technique is maintained the user receives -5% CP Cost when the Visibility is Dim, -10% when Visibility is Dark and -15% when Visibility is Pitch Black.
Cost: 1.5 AP 360 CP, 180 CP/rnd
- This is a Terrain Technique.
- Visibility lowers by one step per Shadow Technique.
- May be Maintained for 30 seconds.
Shadow Possession - Shadow Ninjutsu
A unique technique in which the Nara are capable of manipulating their own shadow’s size and shape in an attempt to bind themselves to their target by connecting their shadows. The shadow moves slowly, often requiring the Nara to make a quick diversion to use this successfully.
Rank 1/2/3: Attempts to restrain up to 1/2/3 targets at -3/-2/-1 Accuracy. Successfully restrained targets take 540/700/840 Elemental Damage and have -3 Dodge. At Rank 3, the special action can be used.
Special action - Shadow Bind: The user may spend 0.5 AP per target to bind the target. This replaces the effects of Shadow Possession.
Cost: 2 AP, 775 CP, 390 CP/rnd.
- This technique suffers -1 Accuracy for each target after the first.
- Shadow Bind special action can only be used after successfully hitting a target with Shadow Possession
- Shadow Bind special action is a Physical Bind
- While bound by Shadow Bind special action, for every 1.5 AP spent, the victim has a 15% chance to escape the bind
- While maintaining the Shadow Bind special action, if the user uses a Non-Nara bloodline technique, then this bind is broken (with the victim receiving -3 Dodge if it is an attack)
- If the user takes more than 15% of their Max HP as damage from one attack then this Technique ends.
Obtenebration Nara manipulate the environment around them to their advantage, taking what shadows are around themselves or an opponent, and using them to always have the advantage. The Obtenebration Nara’s ultimate expression of this is their fabled Shadow Dimension Technique, creating their own battlefield that obey their very whims..
924 PL - Displacement Shade (Rank 1), Shadow Constriction (Rank 1)
1008 PL - Cloaked Attacks (Rank 1)
1092 PL - Shadow Constriction (Rank 2)
1176 PL - Displacement Shade (Rank 2), Cloaked Attacks (Rank 2)
1260 PL - Shadow Neck Bind (Rank 1)
1344 PL - Displacement Shade (Rank 3), Shadow Constriction (Rank 3)
1428 PL - Shadow Neck Bind (Rank 2),
1512 PL - Shadow Dimension (Rank 1)
1596 PL - Cloaked Attacks (Rank 3)
1680 PL - Shadow Neck Bind (Rank 3), Shadow Dimension (Rank 2)
1764 PL - Shadow Dimension (Rank 3)
Displacement Shade - Passive
The Obtenebration Nara clansmen have become proficient enough with their special affinity to shadows, that through careful manipulation of their chakra, they can emulate the effect of their own techniques through their shades and strike literally from the shadows. It is rumored that the Obtenebration Nara can even possess the shadows of the enemy and turn them against them.
Rank 1/2/3: The user can delay a Ninjutsu Technique up to 5/10/15 seconds, to be used from their shadow at a later point.
Special Action - Shadows Pocket: The user can use the technique from the target’s shadow. Shadow Techniques used this way are sneak attacks. Non-Shadow Techniques have a 30/40/50% chance of being a sneak attack. This increases the cost by +20% CP.
Cost: AP cost of Technique and +15% CP.
- This has the same timing as casting the displaced ninjutsu (this does not add additional timing)
- Requires 5 second cooldown after use.
- The user chooses the timing for the displaced technique upon use of Displacement Shade
- Delayed Ninjutsu gain +1 Accuracy per 5 seconds delayed.
Cloaked Attacks - Passive
Shadows can be distracting, even more so when manipulated by Obtenebration Nara. These distractions can cause even the most astute of opponents to be caught off guard and unaware.
Rank 1/2/3: Whenever the user uses a Shadow Technique, the next Non-Shadow Technique gains a +10%/+15%/+20% chance to be a sneak attack. This resets upon successful Non-Shadow Technique sneak attack.
Shadow Constriction - Shadow Ninjutsu
An advanced form of Shadow Possession, this Technique allows Obtenebration Nara to separate their shadows from solid surfaces, launching through the air after their opponents and constricting those caught with vice like darkness.
Rank 1/2/3: Attempts to attack a target 4 times at -2/1/+0 Accuracy dealing 550/650/750 Elemental Damage and inflicting -1 Dodge.
Special Action - Shadow Hold If all 4 attacks hit, the user can reflexively follow this jutsu up with Shadow Possession special action Shadow Bind at +1 accuracy.
Cost: 2.5 AP 675 CP 340 CP/rnd
- Each successful attack after the first lowers the opponents dodge by a further -1, capping at -3 Dodge.
- This technique may be maintained but the initial damage only occurs once.
- The Shadow Hold special action does not count as a combo.
- This Technique may be maintained for a maximum of 30 Seconds.
Shadow Neck Bind - Shadow Ninjutsu
The Obtenebration Nara are no mere shinobi, and have mastered Shadow Techniques to the point that a bound enemy is completely at their mercy.
Rank 1/2/3: The user can cause a bound target to take 1000/1250/1500 Elemental Damage per round.
Special Action - Hands of Darkness: If the target is already under the effect of Shadow Possession’s special action Shadow Bind, the user can spend +20% CP to make the first check of Shadow Neck Bind into a sneak attack.
Cost:2.5 AP and 1095 CP, 550 CP/rnd.
- This may be maintained for a maximum of 30 seconds.
- This technique does not break binds.
- Requires 10 second cooldown after use.
- Damage ticks at the time of application, and at the start of each round while maintained.
Shadow Dimension - Shadow Ninjutsu
The ultimate technique of the Obtenebration Nara. They draw forth all shadows in the area, then begin to form a black dome that rapidly expands to cover the area. Completely Isolated from the outside world, this nearly impenetrable void essentially seals off those within from any allies they may have had, instead trapping them in a world of malicious shades which obey the Obtenebration Nara's whims.
Rank 1/2/3: Creates an arena that can target up to 3 targets. While within the Shadow Dimension the following affects apply.
- The user gains +0/+1/+2 Accuracy.
- The targets take 1000/1500/2000 Damage per 10 seconds.
- Within the Shadow Dimension the Visibility counts as Dim/Dark/Pitch Black.
- The user may attempt to enter stealth for 0 AP once per 10 seconds.
Cost: 3 AP and 3300 CP, 1650 CP/rnd.
- This is an Arena Technique
- The user and the targets within cannot interact, or be interacted with, in any way with those outside of the Shadow Dimension Technique.
- Attempts to enter/exit the Shadow Dimension cost 2 AP, making a Ninjutsu check against the User.
While the shadows belong to all Nara, the Penumbra Nara are truly born to darkness, to the degree that their very Clan name reveals their tie to the shadows. Their techniques allow them to wield the stuff of shadows and darkness as physical weapons, and even reach beyond the darkness of the physical world giving unnatural life to the shadows around them.
924 PL - Weaponized Shadow 1 (Rank 1), Living Shadows (Rank 1)
1008 PL - Shifting Shadows (Rank 1)
1092 PL - Living Shadows (Rank 2)
1176 PL - Weaponized Shadow (Rank 2), Shifting Shadows (Rank 2)
1260 PL - Shadow Threads (Rank 1)
1344 PL - Weaponized Shadow (Rank 3), Living Shadows (Rank 3)
1428 PL - Shadow Threads (Rank 2),
1512 PL - Umbra Servus (Rank 1)
1596 PL - Shifting Shadows (Rank 3)
1680 PL - Shadow Threads (Rank 3), Umbra Servus (Rank 2)
1764 PL - Umbra Servus (Rank 3)
Weaponized Shadow - Passive
Penumbra Nara learn to mould shadows onto their weaponry, giving them an edge against opponents, and using the cover of darkness to conceal attacks.
Rank 1/2/3: The user gains access to 3/5/7 [Weaponized Shadow] Augments.
- [Weaponized Shadow] Augment: Attacks with this weapon count as a Shadow Technique. At rank 3, the user may combo a Taijutsu or Ninjutsu with any taijutsu technique used with this weapon. The comboed technique has a +5%/10%/15% damage buff.
- This follows all standard combo rules.
- [Weaponized Shadow] Augment must be applied to weapons in the user’s dojo, or attached using the standard Weapon Creation Technique rules.
Shifting Shadows - Passive
Penumbra Nara are born from the shadows, and find comfort in them, able to use momentary distractions as opportunities to slip back into the shadow’s embrace
Rank 1/2/3: When the user performs an Activated Auto-Dodge, they can reflexively attempt to enter stealth. This requires a cooldown after use of 20/15/10 seconds.
Living Shadows - Shadow Ninjutsu
While a normal Nara would use the shadows for their own purposes, a Penumbra Nara has the shadows themself serve them, and has learned the required techniques to be able to use this in combat, far supassing other techniques.
Rank 1/2/3: The user creates up to 4 Living Shadows with 780/975/1170 HP and -7/6/5 of the user’s secondaries. Each Living Shadow has 3 AP and may perform Basic Strikes for 1 AP, dealing 130/170/200 Elemental Damage.
Cost: 2.5 AP and 1200 CP, 600 CP/rnd.
- Living Shadows may make Basic Strikes for 1 AP.
Shadow Threads - Shadow Ninjutsu
The user changes the shape of their shadow into several sharp needles and controls each separately. They can then attack several targets simultaneously and at the same time snatch away their ability to move by sewing them stuck with the shadow threads.
Rank 1/2/3: Creates 8 Shadow Threads dealing 275/345/415, targeting at -2 acc. For every 2 Shadow Threads that hit they inflict -1 Acc and Dodge.
Special Action - Shadow Loom: By lowering the base damage by 20%, the user can now target up to 3 targets.
Cost: 2.5 AP 1095 CP
- Acc/Dodge debuff caps at -3.
- Acc/Dodge debuff lasts for 5 seconds.
- If the target is under the effect of Shadow Possession Technique, Shadow Threads accuracy becomes +0, replacing the -2 acc.
Umbra Servus - Shadow Ninjutsu
Being masters of the shadows, the Penumbra Nara's penultimate technique can create life from the darkness, creating the perfect servant to suit their nefarious needs.
Rank 1/2/3: The user can create up to 1/2/3 Umbra Servus of the user, with -5/-4/-3 of the user’s secondaries. These Umbra Servus have AP equal to 1/4 of the user’s AP +0/+0.5/+1. The Umbra Servus can use all the user’s Ninjutsu/Taijutsu Techniques up to B rank at the rank the user knows it. At Rank 3, the user can use the special action
Special action - Combined strike: All active Umbra Servus can forfeit their other actions to use a single A-Rank Technique.
Cost: 3AP and half the user’s current CP
- This is a Clone Technique
- The Chakra spent on this jutsu is placed into a pool, the pool is then divided in half, to form the clone’s HP and CP, which is then divided equally amongst the Umbra Servus.
- Combined strike requires more than one active Umbra Servus to be used.
- Umbra Servus lasts for 30 seconds, or until the clone’s CP runs out.
- Umbra Servus is not maintained, and cannot be dispelled as one.
- The user can choose to end Umbra Servus at any time, regaining the remaining CP from the clones.
- When a Umbra Servus is destroyed, the remaining CP is returned to the user.
- If the Umbra Servus Technique is ended, the HP of the clones is lost, and the user does not regain it as CP.
- Umbra Servus does not allow the user to bypass Technique or ability limits.
- Umbra Servus are immune to effects that would normally end Clone techniques.
- Umbra Servus cannot be affected by Blood Thrall Technique.
Last edited by a moderator: