Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private New Roots

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Soku could thank Takeshi for a lot of things and a part of that was the effort and sweat he had put in to reinforce the Main Branch to make sure they were not left slacking in any regard. The fruits of his labour was clear before her as yet again, the Sennin held two file folders before her, personnel files that were in need of some adjustments considering the recent shifts in ranks they had been rewarded. She had to give it to the previous Hokage, he did not just give out titles like this without potential, especially that of a jounin but the Sennin had to meet these people for herself. It was a good sign at least, a sign that the branch was slowly starting to show it's true colors as people settled into positons that were well-deserved but it fell upon her shoulders to ensure the quality of those shinobi was well-maintained and to maintain her personal connections with them and there was no better way to do this than a laid back converstation as she pushed the file folders to the side shooting a glance at the grandfather clock, the hands drawing ever closer to the appointed time that they were due at.

She already had a fair idea of what their roles would be within the branch but before any of that horrifying paperwork, the Sennin needed to get a read of them personally. You could be the best shinobi in the world but have a poor character, not that she distrusted Takeshi's choice but they needed to fully understand their new duties and that would be what this briefing would all be about."Let's see what goodies you gave me this time, Lord Fourth, eh?" The kunoichi murmured talking more to herself one hand drifting upwards to fix the small aurum-tinged leaf pin that sat comfortably on her white robes. Her black hair fell down to her shoulders as she kept her gaze fixated on the doorway to her office keen on just who exactly these two particuarly talented individuals were. Her own rise to the ranks had been somewhat of a surprise, Soku had just remained an ANBU for barely a year before she had skyrocketed to Captain but very quickly, it had also come with it's own burden, the batterend and worn metallic ANBU vest and mask which hung in the corner of her officer doing well to remind her of that fact.

[Karasu Summoned]
[Jirou Summoned]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It had been a couple of well deserved days of rest for Jirou and Kashikoi after the Chunin exam. They had both needed the time to recuperate physically and mentally after the ordeal. Jirou spent the time reflecting on the details that he could recall. The test certainly had given him much to think about and to understand. Jirou spent his time in meditation in preparation for what his new role would entail. Jirou was thrilled that they had all not only survived and passed the exam but had in fact received a double promotion to Jounin. He knew that this was only the start and that he still had much work ahead of him to live up to the promise that this promotion held.

Jirou and Kashikoi were honored and a bit overcome with emotion that Hiro had included them in what he initially thought was a celebration for his daughter, Karasu. Up until that point he had not fully realized that Hiro saw him a part of their family. Hiro treated him as though he had always been one of their family. Family was more than just blood. He had come to understand that. It was about the bonds that they shared. These bonds are what he would give his life to defend. This is why this celebration meant so much. It was a celebration with his family. Both he and Kashikoi were no longer alone. This was something he would never forget.

Jirou and Kashikoi were ready to get to work. They knew that it was only a matter of time before they would be meeting with Soku, the Sennin for the Main Branch. He had never met Soku and he wondered what type of person that Soku was. He would find out soon enough since Hiro had just informed him that a messenger had arrived with a message. Soku wanted to see them without hesitation. Jirou stood up and went into the bathroom to get ready. He understood that first impressions were important and he wanted to make a good first impression. Once he was ready and had collected his gear, he tied the headband around his forehead making sure the metal plate was straight and facing forward. Jirou and Kashikoi wasted no time in leaving the house. He certainly did not wish to keep the Main Branch Sennin waiting. Giving a wave back to Hiro, "We will be back afterwards." This was followed by a bark from Kashikoi as the two started on their way.

Jirou and Kashikoi jogged to the office. He was not sure if Karasu had left before them, but he knew that even if she hadn’t she would very likely arrive not long after them. There was a palpable excitement in the air, as Jirou wondered what their first assignment as Leaf Jounin might be. He didn’t want to let the Lord Fourth down. Jirou felt happy when he approached the office door. He eagerly knocked on the door and waited to be admitted. He was ready to face whatever the future held in store for him.​

[WC: 516]
[MFT]
[Topic Entered]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
A few days went by where Karasu was allowed to rest from her ordeal in the Chuunin exam. It took so much out of her that she needed the few days to gain all her strength back. She had to hand it to Lord Fourth. He really knew how to zap all the energy from her with how he set up the exam. In the end she came through it all and not only did she survive the trial but she was double promoted along with Jirou. It was an experience that challenged her spiritually, mentally and physically. It was needed to test them and she proved she could handle it. In fact both her and Jirou were able to handle it.

Now that time has passed and they were able to celebrate their promotion with her father, it was only a matter of time to meet up with the Main Branch Sennin Nanjirou Soku. Karasu had never met Soku but heard of her through passing. Only thing she really heard was that she was promoted to Main Branch Sennin and transferred from ANBU and was previously a Captain in ANBU. She had no idea what to expect when they were about to meet. Karasu relaxed at her home sitting on the steps looking out at the lake nearby. It was peaceful and beautiful.

A knock on the door could be heard inside where Nakano Hiro was. He had come home for lunch to spend some time with Karasu, Jirou and Kashikoi, the wolf who was no longer a pup. Hiro rolled his wheelchair to the front door and opened it up. There was a Leaf Shinobi bringing a message.

“Greetings sir I have a message for Nakano Karasu and Raijin Jirou. They are to see the Main Branch Sennin Nanjirou Soku right away. She will be expecting them in her office immediately.”

The Shinobi nodded to Hiro then turned and walked away. Hiro closed the door then went to knock on Jirou’s bedroom door. He called out to him telling him of the message and said they have been summoned to the MB office. He then rolled out to the back and told the same thing to Karasu.

She nodded and said “Thanks Dad. I guess I better get ready then head out. I don’t want to be late." She grabbed her gear including her Leaf headband which she put around her arm and started to head out. She figured Jirou and Kashikoi already left. She was excited to find out what her first task as a Leaf Jounin was going to be. She knew she was up to the challenge and wouldn’t let Lord Fourth down on his decision to promote her to the rank.

She walked up the steps and into the hallways toward the Sennin offices. She saw Jirou and Kashikoi at the door to the Main Branch Sennin and knocked on it. As she waited she suddenly got a bit nervous. ‘What if Soku didn’t like her? What if she disagreed with Lord Fourth’s promotion of her?’ Karasu shook her head to shake off the ideas floating inside her mind. No she can’t think negatively. She will just have to face whatever is coming.

[WC: 539]
[MFT]
[Topic Entered]

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
She didn't have to wait long as one knock quickly follwed by the other indicated that the moment of truth had arrived. Soku was curious, inquistive even to get a read of these newly furnished jounin and the new abilites and skills they would bring to the field. Smoothing out her robes and making sure everything on her desk looked at least somewhat presentable, it was near impossibe to get it organized from the daily amount of files that kept pouring in or perhaps Soku had never bothered to try. Whatever the case, she could at least make it look welcoming as she called out to the door. "Come in." The Sennin would watch whenever her new jounin entered quickly taking in their details. Young, full of eagerness and one that had an..was that an dog? One eyebrow raised in interest as a hand gestured to the two open chairs that faced her desk beckoning them forth.

"Please, sit. Make yourselves at home." So, these were the two Takeshi-sama were vouching for, the kunoiched nodded to herself as she rested her elbows on her table clasping her hands together head dipping downwards to quickly skim through the shinobi files before comparing it with the two individuals in front of her. "So..let's see here, shall we?" Soku mused leaning back tilting her head as if examining the two of them with a microscope or something. "From what the Yondaime Hokage has told me, you two possess exempalry talent and coming from Takeshi himself, that is not something he gives out easily." Scoring the rank of Jounin was hard enough but doing with a stickler for detail and a code like Takeshi had made it next to impossible so they had that much going for them at least.

Really, she had a plethora of options here on how exactly to go about this but no sound leader made any choices without taking any input and in the next moments that followed, that was exactly what Soku did. "So tell me, what should I do with you? Jounin are tasked with perhaps the most vital functions of the village and that can range from anything such as overseeing the command of the guards at the gates, assisting the headmaster with Academy functions or really anything, you guys are going to be the figurehead that the others look up to." An important role, no doubt as thoughts swirled in her head. She didn't want to put them somewhere they would hate even if they didn't say it, that would only lead to a counterproductive reaction as Soku leaned back in her chair giving them the chance to speak. "Anything, let's hear it. I need to know you guys can work well and for that to be a reality, you need to be someplace where you can be yourself."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As they entered the office of the sennin, Jirou became aware that the sennin was looking at Kashikoi. He guessed that she had not met many Inuzuku companions. Having motioned for Karasu to enter the office ahead of him, Jirou entered the office introducing himself and Kashikoi. “I am Raijin Jirou and this is my wolf companion, Kashikoi.” Kashikoi bowed to the sennin and took his place sitting at Jirou’s side.

Jirou himself took his seat in one of the two chairs before the sennin’s desk. As she spoke Jirou’s attention was focused on her every word. Over the past few days since finishing the chunin exam, Jirou became aware of the new responsibilities he would be faced with. He certainly wanted to live up to the promotion that he had been granted. He was not about to ‘fuck’ it up as Takeshi had cautioned in his final statement to them. Jirou had thought long and hard about what division he wanted to work in. The Sennin wanted to know them better and wanted to know from them what they wanted to do. As she described the various tasks that they could take up from “overseeing the command of the guards at the gates” to “assisting the headmaster with Academy functions” or “really anything” It was her statement that they were the figurehead for others to look up to that caught his attention. He understood what that meant and the responsibility that went along with it. It was what had drawn him to want to be a journeyman. It was a goal that had not wavered and he was now faced with telling the sennin before him as much.

Jirou felt humbled when the sennin mentioned being told by Takeshi that they had exemplary talent and that this was not something that Takeshi said often. Jirou knew that just having talent was not enough without hard work and a belief in themselves and their teammates. Jirou was determined to live up to the responsibility and trust that was being placed in him with this promotion. In fact Jirou had thought long and hard about which division he saw himself in. The chunin exam had only reinforced what he already knew. Family was more than blood. It was their connections with each other that gave them strength. It was those connections that must be protected and preserved. The Leaf village was his family and he would spend his life protecting those bonds.

“I am greatly honored and moved by these words from the Lord Fourth. I will spend the rest of my days living up to the faith that he has shown in me with this promotion. You have asked what you should do with us. As you have said, Jounin are tasked with the most vital functions of the village. Supporting the village and ensuring that the village survives and prospers are the function of all of us as Shinobi. But what is the village really? The village is a family. It might not be a family of blood but it is a family nonetheless. It is our connections to each other that give us strength. I came here having lost the family that I was born into. It is here where I found a family as real as any family connected through blood. Indeed even more real I think. This is a family built on the bonds of love and friendship." Jirou looks over towards Karasu as he says this before continuing, "It is these connections of love, friendship and trust that must be protected. These are the bonds that last and these connections are what I will give my life to protect. This is the future of the Shinobi and the Leaf village.

That is why as a Journeyman I would be able to go and do whatever is needed to accomplish that goal. It is by fostering the connections that we have with each other while establishing new connections that understanding and mutual respect will be reached. Hostilities occur when there is a lack of connection and separateness. I would like to help establish new connections and foster understanding across the Shinobi lands. Those who are connected to others are not as likely to incite violence against each other. Until that time there will always be bandits and those who will think that bringing death and destruction will grant them power over others. They see themselves as being separate from others. They may have natural talent and powerful jutsu, but those are not enough without the support of others. It is our connections with each other wherein lies our real strength. It takes work to develop one’s talents and it takes as much work to maintain and foster our relationships with others.

That is why it is as a Journeyman that I believe that we, meaning myself and Kashikoi, can best serve the Leaf village. This is not a decision that I make lightly, but it is one that I have not wavered from since I was an Academy student. I am here to serve the village and I will await the wisdom of your judgment with regards to our future.” Jirou had said what he believed in his heart. It would now be for the sennin to either agree or disagree based on what she read in their files and what he just finished saying to her.

[WC: 902]
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu smiled as she saw Jirou and Kashikoi at the door. She wondered if they were as excited and nervous as she was. She had no idea what to expect. After they knocked she heard a voice tell them to come in. When she entered she saw a female with dark brown hair sitting at the desk. “Greetings I am Nakano Karasu” she said after Jirou introduced himself and Kashikoi. Soku had motioned for them to take a seat. Karasu sat down in a chair next to Jirou and watched as Soku peered at the files in front of her. Karasu assumed those files were of Jirou, Kashikoi and herself.

The Sennin started to talk about how Lord Fourth said they possessed exemplary talent and that the Fourth does not pay compliments lightly. She nodded as Soku mentioned this. She knew that about Lord Fourth as well. She wanted to prove that Lord Fourth’s promotion to Jounin was not in vain and that she deserved it. She understood the responsibilities that a Jounin had. Karasu felt more than ready and she didn’t mind if it took the rest of her life to continue to prove her worth. She was not going to let anyone down. Karasu looked at Soku with determination.

“I know Lord Fourth wouldn’t have done so in many cases. I will do whatever I can to prove that I am worthy. I shall not let anyone down. I am truly thankful for getting this chance and I do not take this responsibility lightly. ” Her big blue eyes were glowing with fierce determination that Karasu was just grateful that she had this opportunity to show what she could do. Soku continued on asking them what she should do with them. She started to mention various places that they can be placed in. Karasu listened to each area. Karasu had thought about this many times before and had made a decision then would think about it another several times before making a different one. It was because she wanted to be herself as well as reach her goals that she was undecided before. She wanted to do the right thing and be in the right position to attain those goals.

Each position would be great to be a part of and Karasu could see herself in all of them. The Chuunin exam had revisited and reexamined her goals and the very essence of who she was and what she wanted to be. She thought back to the shadow monster in the Chuunin exam and how it was trying to manipulate her mind and how things were perceived. It just gave her an affirmation on what she always wanted to achieve. The inner strength she had inside her had never wavered. The whole event had gone through her mind time and time again in the last few days. That revaluation made her think long and hard. She was grateful for it because it gave her another chance to see things in a new light.

She listened to Jirou speak first before she started to speak. She looked at Soku and smiled as she leaned back in her chair. “I can see myself in every division. I think I have a little of everything in me when it comes to where I can be placed. “ she paused for a moment then continued. “My life has shown me various visions in what I can do. The main thing I want is to have a purpose and to be able to fulfill that purpose. When I was a child I grew up very much loved by my family and very afraid of others around due to their beliefs. The many villages that I had moved to had all been the same. There was mistrust and hatred all around. As a child I had no understanding why it was and the result of all that hatred was the death of my mother and the constant attack on myself and my father. Only until we were in the Leaf Village did that change for me. I learned to trust and not fear those around me. Now that I’m older I understand that fear and hatred that others have and want to be able to be a bridge that stamps out hatred, fear and ignorance. How to accomplish that was to be a Shinobi.

Karasu paused again to catch her breath before continuing. “Now I chose the Journeyman division at the time because I thought that I can have an affect on others. I do think that the Diplomat division would be ideal to be able to forge the path of change that I had always wanted but I am not sure if that is what that division is about. I had thought it was more of an Intelligence division as in espionage only. My goal is to be the bridge that connects people through understanding and diplomacy. Creating alliances that can be beneficial for the village. I know it’s not normal for Shinobi villages to think this way but I would like to be a part of it. If the division doesn’t have that type of job maybe it can be created as an extension now that the Diplomat division is part of the Main Branch. “ she said, finishing up what she wanted to say. Now it was up to Soku on where to place her. She knew she gave some food for thought but it didn’t guarantee that she would be agreed with or placed where she wanted. She waited patiently to see where her path takes her.

[WC: 934]
[MFT]

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Soku nodded as she took in what the both of them had said thinking over it a couple of times. The way they spoke their mannerisms, Takeshi had chosen well in his selection and Soku was thinking along the same lines. They both expressed simlar interests in the sense that they wanted to help the village and they dropped some key words that Soku herself could attest to such as family and bonding. "You will learn to appreciate those familial ties because there are moments where all those memories come flooding back to you." She pored over the files on her desk as if wondering just how exactly to go about this. The Sennin alread had a rough outline of how to put thier skills to use but before the woman came to a final verdict, she wanted to make sure everyone here was on board with it before she began transferring tasks and responbilites. "There will be times that you may not be happy with my choices, there will be times where you feel challenged and there almost certainly will come a point in time where you feel like everything you are doing was for nothing." She leant forward letting those words linger for a moment longer before speaking. "Remember however, every breath we take and everything we do is for the safety, security and preservation of peace in this little home called Konohgakure. As jounin, you have to be the iron wall, the role models, you are taking on a huge responsbility so remember, a lot of people have their eyes on you, not just me."

With that said, the woman reached over towards their files again scribbling a few notes before placing her signature and the stamp of the Sennin onto the front sheet before nodding to herself. They were solid ninja, they seemed to have their wits about them and as far as she could tell, they certainly were not your general lackluster run of the mill academy student and that was good enough for her as she announced her choices rising from her chair. "Rajin Jirou, effective as of this moment, I am transferring upon you the duties of a Journeyman, you will do what is necessary, sacrifce what is needed for the good of Konohgakure. We are in a state of peacetime currently so you will work as such making sure the village remains as such. We do not want a repeat of what happened when the Hidden Frost inflicted their horrors upon us. You will oversee all daily mission operations and ensure everything is going as it is. Any concerning matters should be addressed promptly or brought up to me or Head Jounin Hama."

Turning her attention to Karasu, Soku paused a moment before nodding. Like Jirou, she showed promise and from the ways she shaped her words, Soku saw no reason to not honor her request. "Karasu as for you, you'll be pleased to know that luck smiles on you today." The truth was, the kunoichi had been feeling this way a long time. The village had never really had any sorts of diplomatic represenation aside from the few times they had reached out to Cloud and Sand and even then, it was like they were walking on needles, not something she fancied. "I see no better reasoning as of today, you will be taking on the role of serving as one of the very few public figureheads of this village. You will assist the other Sennin and Lady Fifth with their external affairs to to other villages should they require it, maintain the village in a good light on diplomatic travels and most importantly, make sure we don't make any more enemies than we already have. How you go about this is up to you but remember, you are the face of the village in these cases. It is a very important role so think wisely."

She saw promise, maybe even the beginning of a new era, Soku just hoped she was going about this the right way. It was time to shed the old ways and turn over a new leaf. "I have no doubts in your abilites. It is a huge task that has been placed upon both your shoulders but there are people out there that will be grateful." There would be also those that harboured ill intentions but that was why they prepared and as far as Soku was concerned, between the three people in this office, her gaze shifted once more onto Jirou's companion, ok, well four, they were as best prepared as they could be. "So, your duties have been laid out. Are you in agreement?"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou and Kashikoi watched and listened while Soku spoke to them. This was the most important thing that had happened to him. As such Jirou took none of it lightly. He was prepared to give his life for the village and those familial bonds that she now spoke of. He watched as she pored over their files. His life so far a series of pages now being read and silently judged. He realized that in each thought, action or word there was a power to create the future. After all, every plan started with a tiny thought. A small flicker of hope that either grew or was extinguished. The sennin before them now held their hopes and dreams in her hands. Her words had the power to place them on a path where the flame would either grow or be extinguished.

Jirou took in the words that she said contemplating their meaning. As a fresh off the press Jounin, the ink still damp, Jirou tried to envision such a time when he would clash with decisions being made. He looked forward to any challenges that he might face. He did not see himself reaching a point of despair when everything that he did was for nothing. Every move has a purpose and he would not surrender to hopelessness. Life really was a great game of Shogi. How one played with the choices before them made a difference. He studied her eyes attempting to read the moves in her mind. Jirou listened as she explained their purpose to protect the peace, safety and security of the village. Everything that Jirou and Kashikoi had been training for was towards that end. He would be the staunch defender, the Iron Wall, who would do whatever was needed to protect the village.

Jirou watches as Soku places her stamp on several documents. It looked to him as though she had reached her decision and he waited to hear just what that decision was. As his name was mentioned he listened to what she had to say. He kept a straight face when she laid out his duties as Journeyman. He would be overseeing all daily mission operations and making sure that everything was going as it should. He would be keeping the peace and be responsible for maintaining that peace. His eyebrow rose when he heard the Hidden Frost mentioned and he would be making a point to learn exactly what happened. He would do whatever he needed to to assure the peace was kept in the village. These would be his new duties and he looked forward to all of the challenges that lay ahead of him. He understood that people would be watching him. This was to be expected. He would do whatever needed to be done for the good of the village.

Jirou listened while Soku next explained to Karasu what she would be doing. He smiled towards her, happy that she would be able to do what she had wanted to do as a diplomat. They would both be peacekeepers doing whatever was needed to see to it that the village maintained that peace and did not make any new enemies. Jirou would like to see if some of those current enemies might in time become friends. This was an opportunity that he would take on gladly. Jirou felt honored when Soku went on to express that she had no doubts in their abilities. He was grateful beyond words that he was being given this chance.

Kashikoi remained sitting dutifully sensing the change and the decisions being made. He was no longer the tiny pup that had been at his side from the very beginning. Kashikoi was as much a part of this. Protecting the village would be his duty too. Soku had completed reviewing all of their duties and responsibilities. She now asked if they were in agreement and accepted their new posts.

After looking down at Kashikoi, Jirou looks back up at Soku and smiles. "You do both myself and Kashikoi a great honor. Thanks to your explanation I am fully aware of the position and what will be required and expected of me. I do not take this decision lightly and I will do everything in my power and then even more than that to see that the peace is maintained. I welcome the responsibilities and look forward to the challenges ahead. I will not let you down. I will give my all to protecting the village. I would like to learn more about what happened with Hidden Frost as well. Would I be able to see those files to look over? I would like to see exactly what went wrong and what might have been done differently. Otherwise I am very much in agreement and look forward to the challenges that await me.”

Kashikoi yipped his agreement as well and let out a howl that could very likely be heard across the village. After the celebratory howl from Kashikoi, Jirou continued. “I understand that I am to report to you or Head Jounin Hama with any serious concerns that cannot be promptly resolved. Will I also be getting my assignments from you or the Head Jounin? I very much look forward to getting started and I thank you again for this honor.”

[WC: 886]
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu listened to Soku as she started to respond to Karasu and Jirou’s answers. They were both similar in wanting to help the village and be able to be a bridge for peace. The Sennin looked over the files of the newly minted Jounin before she spoke. She mentioned that there will be times that they would not be happy with her choices and will be challenged to the point that it will feel as if nothing was accomplished. Karasu understood as she listened. She knew that every decision made by the Sennin was for a reason that was not always going to be popular or even understood fully. She understood that being in a high ranked position was not glamorous at all and there are a lot of tough choices to make. Karasu took this all in as she continued to listen.

Soku mentioned the purpose of why all the decisions were made. It was for the safety, security and preservation of their village, Konohagakure. Karasu knew as Jounin those high standards are entrusted to them and that others will be watching how they do. Karasu nodded to Soku to show that she understood everything she was telling them. Karasu wouldn’t have it any other way. She knew it wasn’t going to be a walk in the park and she welcomed the challenge that was facing her. She had made up her mind that this was the path that she was put upon. There was no turning back.

Karasu watched as Soku seemed to be adding a few notes to the files. The young Jounin wondered what was being written down. Soku placed her signature and stamp of the Sennin on a sheet of paper. Karasu looked expectantly at Soku as the Main Branch Sennin started to speak this time to Jirou first. She listened as Soku told Jirou that she was transferring the duties of Journeyman and told him he would do what is necessary and sacrifice for the leaf Village. Karasu was happy for her friend and knew he would do well as a Journeyman. She heard Soku mention the Hidden Frost Village inflicting horrors upon the Leaf Village. She had never heard about this event, but figured this was before she was in the village. She made a note to ask more about it at a later time.

Now it was Karasu’s turn to learn of her duties. She had no idea if Soku would give her what she requested. She would serve with honor with whatever was handed to her. She listened as her stomach was filled with butterflies. She was a bit nervous but she was also excited to hear what she would be doing. The Sennin told her that luck smiled on her today. Karasu listened intently as she looked at Soku’s lips as if to read the words that the Sennin mouthed.

"I see no better reasoning as of today, you will be taking on the role of serving as one of the very few public figureheads of this village. You will assist the other Sennin and Lady Fifth with their external affairs to other villages should they require it, maintain the village in a good light on diplomatic travels and most importantly, make sure we don't make any more enemies than we already have. How you go about this is up to you but remember, you are the face of the village in these cases. It is a very important role so think wisely."

Karasu gaped at Soku with her mouth open. She couldn’t believe it. Her request had actually been accepted. She closed her eyes for a second feeling very humbled and honored at the role that now was placed upon her. She opened her eyes and gave a smile “Thank you this is truly an honor and one I do not take lightly. I understand the role that and know there is a lot of responsibility to it. I promise to give one thousand percent of my all to forge alliances and garner peace so that not only our village, but the whole world can benefit from it. I will do my absolute best of my ability to achieve this. Much like Jirou, I would also like to know more about the situation that happened with the Hidden Frost. It would help me learn and understand how everything went down and what can be learned from it to prevent anything like that happening again. I want us to be prepared for every situation so that we are not caught unaware or surprised. If there are diplomatic options that could have been used, maybe if there is ever a situation like this again we can have options that are three steps ahead of any crisis,“ she smiled with a nod.

Karasu looked at Soku and said “Would I have to have a meeting with Lord Fourth and Lady Fifth to see how to get started in my new role or will you inform me what i should do next? “ She asked, being curious about the next step or assignment of being a Diplomat.

[WC: 853]
[MFT]

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
She smiled slightly as both of them expressed their gratitdue and everlasting respect upon recieving their promotions. She shifted a little glancing at the dog that produced a howl that certainly would have caused a few people to turn and stare. "You don't seem to be the only ones excited." Soku said laughing a bit closing the file folders nodding to herself. This was good, she had a feeling this would go perfectly and with diligent and hard works like the two new Jounin before them. Soku had no doubt the village was off to a good start. They had been through much, struggled to find a foundation and now Soku was building that foundation. She felt good about this as she leant back in her chair as more questions bombarded her and the girl held up a hand to stem the flow. The HIdden Frost, whom they would be reporting and many other things. It was understandable of course given the fact they had just accepted and were now probably wondering how on heck to get started. "One thing at a time."

First thing first, she needed to enlighten them on a few things. The Hidden Frost, a memory that she needed not revist but it was necessary for the betterment of the village and so that they could do their roles to the best of their ability. "Long story short, the Hidden Frost has performed many war crimes against our village in the past including kidnapping one of our retired Sennin, seeking to harm our shinobi and operations to hinder our effectiveness but thanks to our unity, we were able to repel them but the village did not go without it's own losses. It left a village in turmoil and we took a massive hit to our forces." It had not been a peaceful era and it had taken it's effect on all of them. "If you wish to read more on it, there are mission reports and relevant documents accessible to you in the library, just say I sent you." It wouldn't do them harm as Soku now turned to the housekeeping stuff. She had to smile at Karasu for a moment, the Sennin didn't know how Lady Fifth would react to having a diplomat or in reality, another advisor hovering around depositing more paperwork on her desk but as long as things were getting done and they both were happy, no harm, no foul.

"Karasu, I suggest you schedule a appointment with Lady Fifth to discuss in detail what exactly you will be helping her with. Takeshi-sama has also served in the role you hold to some degree in a sense so if you wish to take pointers from him, it would help you. I will send a letter to Asuka informing her of what has been decided here today." Jirou's role was a more proactive one and one that Soku would prefer to oversee personally given he was in such a vital role and even the slightest red flag could put all of them on edge. "As for you, Jirou. for now, Head Jounin Hama is currently tied up with an extensive workload. Until his duties lighten up a little bit, you will be reporting directly to me and I will be assigning you your tasks. That being said, once things settle down a bit, that responsibilty will shift to the Head Jounin at a later time." She mentally checked that off her list wondering if she had missed anything. No, probably not.

"Well, that covers everything. If none of you have any other questions, you are dismissed. Also, Karasu, make sure Asuka stays on top of things, will you? Our dear Hokage can be a bit clumsy from time to time." A wink followed that statement, she was sure Asuka was going to not take too kindly to that particular jest.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou has to nod in agreement with the perception about Kashikoi being excited to get to work. Kashikoi thrived on activity and working to do what he has been training to do. Jirou was himself eager to get to work as well in his new post. He couldn’t help but wonder just what his first assignment would be. This was the start of his career as a Journeyman and it was one that he had been training for his whole life. The fact was that he was not done learning and adding to his skills. Shinobi never stop learning and improving themselves. This was how he approached his training and each day brought new challenges. Life as a Journeyman would be no different and he was looking forward to the challenges that would face him.

Jirou and Kashikoi listened while Soku gave the three of them the rundown on just what had happened with the Hidden Frost village. It was troubling and he would be sure to research the details of exactly all that had happened after their meeting. Jirou couldn’t help but wonder what went wrong between the two villages to cause the aggressions to escalate. He also wondered what the relationship with them now is like. Would there be a possibility of such actions occurring in the future? He had questions and being of an inquisitive mind, Jirou would be sure to look into all the information that was available in the very near future. Jirou understood that having background knowledge would prepare him for any dealings with the Hidden Frost in the future. He also wondered if there was something that they might be able to do currently in order to improve relations with the Hidden Frost. Whatever bad feelings might still remain could be made better with positive steps in the right direction. Maybe he was being optimistic but then again Jirou was still young and perhaps not so jaded as some of the older members of the village. Not everyone who is older is necessarily wiser. Sometimes wisdom can even be found in those who are younger. At times youth could bring a fresh perspective to a situation. Jirou wanted to do well and show what he was capable of with Kashikoi by his side.

Jirou wondered if one of his first assignments might be to check out the current situation in the Hidden Frost. He wondered if he might even be tasked with going there incognito to speak with some of the residents. On such a trip he might be able to help improve relations with the people of the Hidden Frost. This was all just speculation and were only the thoughts that were going through his mind, while he listened to Soku tell Karasu what her next steps would be. He smiled towards Karasu when she was told to see Takeshi as well for some pointers with regards to what she would be doing. When Soku explained that the Hokage could be clumsy at times and that Karasu should make sure that Asuka stays on top of things, Jirou became curious about what was meant by the word ‘clumsy’. He was pretty sure that it was not something to be repeated in front of the Hokage out of respect. He was certain that he was never going to call the Hokage clumsy even if he might be thinking as much.

Jirou made a mental note that he would be reporting directly to Soku until the Head Jounin’s workload lightened up. He hoped that he would be able to help lighten that workload and do what was necessary to help defend and protect the Hidden Leaf. He said as much when he asked, “What will my first task be then? Perhaps I will be able to help lessen that workload on Head Jounin Hama as well. If you could just let both myself and Kashikoi know what our first assignment will be, that would be great.” Jirou and Kashikoi were both more than ready to get started. All they needed was the say so from Soku to get to work. Soku would quickly learn that Jirou and Kashikoi were enthusiastic workers with a drive to do well at whatever task they were given.

[WC: 704]
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu waited patiently as she sat down next to Jirou to see what she would do next. She had a lot on her mind on how she wanted to go about things but she couldn’t move forward until she knew what she had to start off with. Karasu smiled when Kashikoi gave a howl. She chuckled from Soku’s comment about not being the one excited. Karasu ruffled the top of Kashikoi’s head to show she approved. She looked at Soku and said “Yea Kashikoi is not one to waste time, he is a good boy.” she grinned as she said the remark. Karasu got serious when Soku was starting to tell them the events on the Hidden Frost. Karasu sat up straight in her chair and listened intently on the story being told. She learned that the Hidden Frost had committed many war crimes against the Leaf Village, some included kidnapping a retired Sennin, trying to harm Shinobi and hinder the operations within the village. She wouldn’t be surprised if there was some PTSD from the events. It sounded as if it was a horror show. This was all before her time but she felt it was important to know so she could be prepared for the next time if this sort of thing happens again. Karasu really wanted to make a difference. She listened to the story hoping to get a better insight.

One thing that stood out from the story on the Hidden Frost was the unity that the Leaf Village had when they were faced with adversity amidst the turmoil going on. Karasu continued to listen as Soku continued to speak. As the story of the Hidden Frost concluded Karasu knew that anything like that could not happen again. Of course it was just the short version of the story, enough to just fill them in on what happened. Soku had told them both that if they wish to learn and read more on the events of the Hidden Frost, they are in mission reports that are accessible in the library. Karasu nodded. She would have to make a trip there to read on about the horrific event that took place long ago. She wanted to make sure that never happens again. She wanted to be a bridge of peace therefore making sure that relations with other villages go smoothly and that we can make alliances with one another. War was something she wanted to prevent, so the more she learned about such events the better it will be for her to be able to help keep peace between the Leaf Village and other villages.

Soku had finally moved on from the Hidden Frost story to what they do next. She addressed Karasu first suggesting she schedule an appointment with Lady Fifth to discuss what Karasu would do next. She also mentioned to talk to Lord Fourth who also was skilled in diplomacy and could help her with any pointers that she may need. She smiled as she listened. “Yes I will right away after our meeting here.” When Soku mentioned that Lady Fifth could be a bit clumsy Karasu giggled and would nod her head when Soku asked to make sure the Hokage stays on top of things.

“Oh don’t worry I will make sure that Lady Fifth will stay focused. Even if I have to bribe her with dumplings.” she grinned mischievously. She said then listened as Soku addressed Jirou.

It seemed her friend would have to directly report to Soku the Head Sennin because the Head Jounin was tied up with an extensive workload. She smiled at Jirou. It seemed that Jirou may know before her what his next task would be. She just stood there for a moment though in the back of her head she wondered if she should take her leave and allow Jirou to speak with Soku alone. She wanted to show respect for all of them and not pry into anything that was for their ears only.

She looked at Soku and said “Do you wish for me to leave as you talk to Jirou and Kashikoi on their assignment. I don’t want to intrude especially if it’s something material sensitive that should be discussed privately. I don’t mind really.” she said, waiting to hear what Soku says before taking her leave.

[WC: 723]
[MFT]

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Dumplings.

Somehow, she didn't think that Asuka would mind that particular bribe. "I suggest dangos, seems to work like clockwork." Soku suggested before turning her attention to inquries the both of them had brought up raising a hand to signal Karasu that she was to stay. "You can stay, this is not something that is too terribly private." Soku believed in openess, transparency, she was not in the ANBU anymore where literally everything had to be kept under wraps. However, too much openess was also a dangerous thing but in this instance, Soku didn't foresee anything happening but it was still necessary as she cleared the files off her desk depositing them into a cabinet drawer clearing her throat looking at her two newly furnished Jounin. Truth be told, there was a lot of topics that needed attention but Soku had to attack them in order of priority. "It's funny you mention the Head Jounin, Jirou because your first assignment involves him to some degree." He wouldn't be working with him directly per say but Jirou would certainly be a massive help to the unmentionable amounts of paperwork Hama was overloaded with at the moment.

"I am not sure how familiar you are with the outskirts of Konohgakure but to people who are unfamiliar with them such as travelers, they become easy pickings for bandits and thieves." It had been a common trend Soku had seen and one she wanted to end. The village was supposed to be a hub of safety and security though if you asked her, it had failed to be just that for everyone judging from the numerous amounts of complaints that had piled up on her desk. It was essential they listen to the voiced concern of the villagers, Konohgakure ran on it's people and without it's people, there was no village so they needed to service them. "Now, originally, it would be the Head Jounin's job to assign teams and shinobi to resolve this matter but as of late, nothing to that degree has taken place." It was however not Hama's fault, his agenda of items was growing day by day though that was why she had two Jounin in front of her. Soku and Hama could not be everywhere at once, that was where Karasu and Jirou came in and it was a much needed addition to the shinobi forces if you asked her.

"I don't think I need to mention we are very blessed to have a steady income but if our trade is hindered, this village will see dark days very soon and become easy prey for any enemies." They had lived that reality once, Soku did not to revisit it again under any circumstances. "It's nothing that should be too painstaking, some of our genin are rearing for a chance at a mission so gather up a few three-man teams and send them out to patrol the premises. A visible presence will deter any more incidents and put the population at ease." It was a straightforward assignment, nothing too glamorous but it would take time. Things like this didn't get cleared out in a day, you had to keep at it and keep working at it to get results, it was a sort of a test in a sense.. She wanted to see how Jirou addressed this particular issue in a sense.

"And just a reminder from me as some parting words, just because the both of you have seperate responsbilites in a sense, that doesn't mean you can't help the other out." They were after first and foremost shinobi, everyoned shared that common title regardless of what they did.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou would listen closely as Soku started to discuss exactly what he would be doing. When she mentioned that his first assignment would involve the Head Jounin to some degree, Jirou was naturally curious to know what ‘some degree’ meant. That question would be answered soon enough when she began to elaborate on what his duties would entail. Jirou was eager to get started and even more importantly to do well and be sure to ensure that the safety and security of the village was not compromised. This was his job and it was one that he took seriously. All of his training up to this point had led to this very moment.

While Jirou listened he understood all too well how the strong often preyed upon those who were weaker. Thieves and bandits were opportunists who sought those who were weaker to prey upon. Even predators often picked out the weak members of a herd whether due to illness or old age. The weak were not as difficult to take down and less likely to cause injury to the ones who were hunting them. It was no different with gangs of thieves, except that they were usually acting out of greed or anger in their attacks. Animals are following their instincts to satisfy their hunger. Bandits are following a very different type of hunger. Jirou remembered Karasu telling him about her own encounter with bandits and how they had put her father in his wheelchair with their brutality. Jirou had his own experiences at the hands of bandits. He understood very well that bandits could seriously impact the economy of the village if they were not stopped. This was unacceptable and Jirou had no intention of allowing bandits to threaten the village.

While Soku went on to explain that he would be assembling two to three man teams of genin to patrol the outskirts of the village, Jirou was already thinking ahead about the task before him. It was a fairly straightforward task. Still Jirou knew it was not without risks. The teams could very easily get in over their heads if they encountered a strong group of bandits intent on their prey. This would take time. They would be kept busy for a while. After all an infestation of roaches is not just cleared out in a day. Jirou had it in his mind to set up a schedule for the teams to follow. That way there would be shifts of genin keeping watch for bandits at the outskirts of the village. Jirou would be right there with Kashikoi and he would also make sure that radio contact was maintained. Since they would be patrolling the outskirts of the village, there should not be an issue with getting out of range. As with any plan Jirou was not one to be caught off guard and he would go in prepared for that possibility as well. He was looking forward to assigning the teams based on their skills. Smiling to himself Jirou would help put an end to the bandits having free rein to do as they pleased. The villagers must feel safe and know that they are protected with Jirou and Kashikoi on the job. He would see to it with the support of well chosen teams and friends.

Once Soku had finished speaking and given them her parting words, Jirou looked towards Karasu and then back at Soku. “You can count on us to help get these bandit cockroaches under control. We will not let you down.” Kashikoi jumps up, placing his front paws on Soku’s desk and possibly knocking several papers down onto the floor as he lets out a loud howl of approval. “Kashikoi is in agreement,” Jirou adds while standing before the desk. “Karasu should already know that she can count on us just as we know that we can count on her should the need arise. We have each other’s backs. Protecting the people of the village is the job of every shinobi. With your permission we will take our leave to start preparing for this task.” He would bow to Soku and wait to be dismissed before exiting the office. “We have a lot of work to do Kashikoi.”

[WC: 707]​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu heard Soku say the word dumplings then suggested that Lady Fifth would be bribed better with dangos instead. Karasu put her index finger to her cheek as she thought about this. “Oh yes dangos would be a much better choice. I know just where to get them too. There is a famous shop in town and they make the best dangos. “ she grinned mischievously thinking that Lady Fifth wouldn’t stand a chance to resist dangos. Karasu’s thoughts came back to the present as she listened to what Soku had to say. She was about to give an assignment to Jirou in which Karasu wasn’t sure she should be present if it was to be a classified assignment. Soku raised her hand to show Karasu that she can stay. The new Jounin nodded and sat back down in her seat.

Karasu listened as Soku addressed Jirou. The mention of the Head Jounin which would involve him with Jirou to some degree piqued Karasu’s interest. She wondered what Soku was referring too, so she continued to listen to the Main Branch Sennin for more details. Soku started to talk about the outskirts of the Leaf Village and how many who travel along the roads were prime targets of bandits and thieves. Karasu knew this all too well, remembering before she arrived in the Leaf Village her and her father were brutally attacked by bandits. Her father was left crippled and Karasu seriously injured as well. It led to being found by Leaf Shinobi and sent to the village hospital where they stayed for quite a while recovering from their injuries. They were also able to settle in the village when it showed they posed no harm to the village. It changed her life dramatically and the rest one can say was history.

Soku mentioned that it was normally the duty of the Head Jounin to assign teams to resolve matters such as bandits and thieves who prey on the weak and hinder trade that comes in and out of the Leaf Village. The young Jounin figured that the Head Jounin must be busy or on a mission which meant that Soku had to handle the assignments that were sent out. Karasu agreed that if trade is hindered that it would be devastating on the economy of the village. That means that the bandits needed to be taken care of. She added that the Genins were rearing for a chance at a mission and that a few three man teams were needed for them to be able to patrol the outskirts and pursue the bandits. Karasu agreed that the villagers would feel at ease seeing that the Leaf Shinobi have taken a visible stance.

With Soku’s parting words Karasu nodded in agreement that she would help out in any way she could. She didn’t mind it at all because they were all part of the same village and wanted to make sure that the safety and survival of the village will always come first. “You can definitely count on me.” she smiled. She even chuckled when Kashikoi got excited. Karasu could see that the wolf was raring to go himself. Karasu looked to Soku thinking that the meeting may have come to its conclusion. She smiled and said “I will take my leave as well unless you have anything else to add? Looks like I need to make an appointment with Lady Fifth.” she grinned

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Both of them were eager to get underway with their respective tasks and Jirou's pet was not the exception going as far to place his weight on her desk sacrificing a whole stack of papers in the process. Her eyes shifted to the stricken papers to the dog who clearly was eager to assist his master in whatever task the Sennin had assigned him. Reaching a hand out, she patted the top of the dog's head deciding to ignore the fact he had just disrupted the organization of her office though to be fair, it hadn't been very orderly to begin with. "That's what I like to hear. Remember, I don't care how you do it. Just get it done, it's why you get paid the big bucks." The higher you climbed up the ladder, the more responsibles and stress you took on but at least all of them lived off a decent salary that the village provided them so that was one thing Soku would not be complaining about.

Rising from her chair, she stooped down to pick up a few sheets off the ground placing them on the table looking at her two new Jounin, a smile coming to her face. The two reminded her of herself, they were giddy and eager to take on the roles of their new ranks. Soku had been the same way when she had been promoted to an ANBU Captain and she defintely had been when offered the role of an Sennin. Over time though, you learnt that the positon was more than a positon, you carried the weight of the village on your shoulders and if you tripped or made a mistake, that could be the action that sent Konohgakure crashing and burning to the ground. It was one of the many reasons why positons like those were not handed out lightly but Soku was sure Karasu and Jirou would not fail her. They had proven themselves and their files were exlempary, the Sennin felt good about the choices she had made in this office today.

"If there is nothing else you two have, you are dismissed. "

She would nod towards the door before shooting a glance towards the old clock in the hour. The seconds seemed to tick on and the woman knew it would be a good while before she got out of this office. Still, a massive burden had been lifted off her shouldres as the Nanjirou had now set in stone two primary leaders who along with her and Hama would ensure the Main Branch would stay rigid and strong unlike what it had been in the previous years. They would face many obstacles but it was only like a team they could overcome such hurdles and as far as Soku was concerned, as long as she could walk and talk, there was no hurdle that was impossible. You just had to put your mind and will to it and everything would work out in the end.

[Topic Left Unless Stopped]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou smiled as they were dismissed and free to begin the duties that were assigned to them. He did help to pick up some of the papers that Kashikoi had managed to knock onto the floor. Unsure of just where to place them he set them down on the desk before turning to his eager wolf and motioning towards the door. Giving a respectful bow to Soku, Jirou straightens up and adds, “We won't let you down. Thank you again for this opportunity.” The first order of business would be to start assembling the patrol teams. He would call this ‘Operation: Pest Patrol’. After that he would head to the library and research the events surrounding the Frost village.

[Topic Left]​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu waited to be dismissed by the Main Branch Sennin. She felt this was a productive meeting and knew what her next course of action would be. She wanted to get to it right away. Soku seemed pleased with them and told them that she didn’t care how it was done as long as it was done. Soku had finally dismissed them. Karasu nodded then smiled at Jirou and Kashikoi who already got their assigned task. Now it was time for her to meet up with the Hokage and if available Lord Fourth. She got up from her seat and left to set up a meeting.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back