Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

No-one likes a taddle tale [Private]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
If Kushin could read minds he'd have laughed about what it was that Kosei thought when he'd left the idiot standing there with the stupidest konoichi in Cloud. He'd thought Kushin was 'retreating' yet no, Kushin was simply heading to meet with Santaru Rin. He'd called ahead, letting her know that he was heading there so that it wouldn't be some unexpected and unappreciated surprise. He wasn't deliberately rude when he knew not to be, that wasn't one of his faults, his faults were simple though.

After he had called ahead he had requested notes from the Torre Celeste on the boy named Ichita Kosei, he'd found that he was an ANBU in training, and that he'd recently associated himself with the Jinkotsu clan. Well, fuck Akkuma, Kushin had a noose so tight around that fools neck that it wouldn't matter if he got all up tight and angry at Kushin at this stage anyway.

Allowing himself into the office where Rin would be working he'd made sure that she wasn't with anyone, or if she was it wasn't anyone important. Afternoon Sennin, I apologise for requesting your presence on such short notice, but I have been witness to a minor incident which then was followed by a worse one. His hand rested on the back of a spare chair, shifting it back slightly before seating himself.

Ichita Kosei, recently renamed Jinkotsu Kosei is an ANBU in Training who was wandering the streets pickpocketing. I hadn't known it was him initially but he must have recognised me shortly after taking my wedding ring. He placed emphasis on what had been taken, as if it annoyed him. In his mind he let rip stealing a mans wedding ring! If my wife were the easily angered type I'd have been in the shit for losing it. Which was a factual statement, though he was warey of the possibility of Rin's mind reading capabilities and so decided to use that to his advantage (though she can't cos of pl issues as I found out later).

Taking a breath to calm himself, as he'd actually managed to work himself up about it, he continued That was the minor offence. Despite it not being appropriate for someone who is being trained in upholding the law to act in that way. it was something he didn't like about the ANBU training. They'd almost been encouraged to attempt things like that, improve their skills and training. Yet of course if you got caught then it had been noted that you were still of lower skills. In this case the lack of skill was primarily in the act of identifying his target.

When he returned the ring to me I ordered he come with me to meet with you. A simple act I thought, I've had very few visits to the coroner from ANBU Trainee's of late after all. Instead he ignored me, then argued against me and laughed at the idea of going to the Sileo... because apparently that's the only place I can meet with you. He rolled his eyes. He wasn't even annoyed by the boy denying his orders... it was the boys pure stupidity which he couldn't handle, and unless the boy was punished and punished properly he'd never learn. Chances were he was a spoilt single child of some rich parents, aka, a moron.

The other person who arrived and thought that it would be a grand idea to question and harass a Sennin of Cloud I'll be taking care of myself. There was an undertone there. That person should have known better through their one meeting. He'd not only found out about the young AiT, but he'd also asked for detailed on one Haruka, after matching the description he'd received the information he'd wanted. There were medical files there. Perhaps she would need to be re-evaluated. The re-evaluation wasn't wrong, she'd acted out, and he'd seen her switch personalities himself. If she was only going to prove to be an annoyance then he would simply throw her into the Takao Institute for the rest of her life.

Stupid people crossing the wrong Sennin.

[OOC Note: I've italicised what went through his mind to be read to make it easier]

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rin's new abilities came in useful sometimes, she reflected, warping through clingy shadow-stuff in the passage between Sileo and Torre. She emerged at last in the hall outside of her own office; he had not yet arrived, so she could slip in and look appropriately business-like before whatever inevitably irritating bit of news emerged.

So it was that she was behind the desk, taking in her fellow Sennin's tale with a sense of detachment. She was leaning forward, elbows resting on the edge of her brutalist-style desk, fingers steepled together, but her expression was shuttered as she watched the younger man and his hands. As far as she could see, he wasn't lying. The characteristic, subconscious twitches weren't there. Yet so many of her fellow travelers were absolute sociopaths, and they did not always exhibit a normal human's aversion to deception.

What idiot opts to steal from a Sennin? And let's not forget a medical nin, the most sadistic organization in the country. The delinquent's face simmered in her thoughts. Whatever he'd been trying to do had resulted in inconveniencing the Regent Commander and potentially the Corps. Isaki appeared quite upset and frustrated over the series of events to which he'd evidently been subjected, but given the manipulative natures of this current crop of Cloud's most powerful, she wasn't sure how much of that outrage was real and how much was manufactured.

Still, that mattered very little. If events had played out as Isaki described, and she had little reason to believe otherwise, a trainee had attempted to steal from a Sennin, and then behaved in an insubordinate manner. After his recent poor showing, Kosei was already walking on thin ice.

At last, Isaki took a break from his recounting with a rather mysterious mention of someone he didn't name.

"Well, I'm supposing you've already looked into the Jinkotsu and this other person. I would appreciate his or her name as well; I'm guessing it's not a civilian? Well. The trainee is a fool, and young. He will be disciplined accordingly. I apologize on his behalf for the attempted theft and insubordination towards your person. He will also be required to tender an appropriate apology to you." What can you expect from someone who takes the name "human bones," really?

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He nodded, acknowledging the apology from Rin on the boy's behalf, but Kushin wasn't happy with a simple "discipline" action. The boy likely thought he would be looking for his future in the ANBU, and Kushin was going to see whether he could tear that possible future asunder and leave the boy with the unknown future of the main branch.

The other was one named Kato Haruka, she is someone with known mental instabilities, namely a second personality. In my very presence this second personality has appeared, I'm only aware of it because it creates physical changes as well. Rin would likely realise that this girl having mental instabilities likely meant that in the end she was almost completely under the whims of the medical sennin. Who would question the medical sennin's decision that she was an acute case and needed to be permanently institutionalised, placed into a permanent drug coma due to the potential dangers she would present to the mednin working there. Sure someone might question, but if he enforced it they would stand down.

As for the disciplinary action. I'm requesting he be removed from the trainee program. The ANBU's first and greatest aspect is their loyalty and their ability to not simply take the orders of their ranking officers, but to carry those orders, no matter what they are, through to the best of their ability. This boy clearly lacks that loyalty, or the willingness to carry out his orders unless it suits him. If I, the Raikage, or any of the Sennin require aid do you think that someone who thinks of themselves before others would be an ANBU or from some other branch? When I was being trained it seemed like that would be an attribute of the main branch, which is where I believe this boy belongs. He waited for Rin's responce to this request. He hoped that she would see the logic and reasoning in what he was saying, but logic to one was balderdash to another, and she was the ANBU Sennin. He knew that it was entirely up to her to decide the boys fate, yet he would note her decision down in his mind.

Keeping him on would allow him to deny a request from the ANBU at some future date should it arise and not suit him. Removing him would mean that doing something like that would be much harder to justify, which would mean that he would likely carry out the request even if it didn't suit him. He didn't like owing people things, and this wouldn't so much as be him owing anything, but it would be bad form for him not to.

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Un," Rin replied, noncommittal. "Your request will be taken into consideration, Isaki-san. I am also concerned about this Kato character you mentioned... She just "arrived" from nowhere?" She shook her head. "Things have obviously changed. It's time, perhaps, to more formally organize files on our least stable elements. Someone like that would likely be best served in a long term, in-patient setting." It's interesting that he's so free with information about someone who presents a probable danger to the village, but is more focused on the individual who slighted him. Priorities.

The ANBU had files, and it was not a complicated matter to poach recorded data from elsewhere, but cooperation would provide better information and yield more actionable intelligence. No doubt, Rin thought, that Isaki was capable of declining perhaps out of naught but pique; but the possibilities presented by such data would be rich. The village would win on at least two fronts--a more stable populace of operatives, and more research on the psychologically unsound. The ANBU would benefit from the security boost and the data. The Medical branch would benefit from the larger operating budget resulting from more patients, a prestige boost from a more visible role in village security, and the rewards of research on those inmates... Very tempting. Maybe too tempting, she reflected.

"It seems we've been seeing slightly more of each other lately. How are you finding your new responsibilities? The med-nin branch is an enviable posting."

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It wasn't that he was focused on the one who slighted him, it was that that was the one that Rin could deal with the easiest, and he knew that after leaving this office he could focus more on the other. Yet Rin's focus seemed on the one he would deal with. Then she mentioned about organizing something to do with the more dangerous shinobi. At least those which could fall under both ANBU and Mednin jurisdiction, the mentally unsound.

Rin then mentioned that they had been seeing more of each other. It was true, Kushin was working with ANBU more and more and had organised for ANBU training for several mednin in the hope that they could better serve the village. The position has been a hard entry. With the changes I've been bringing in it was always going to be, and it's self inflicted. I have many leaders in the branch as well, Hinote, Karubin, Kogan are all great medical shinobi and have been for a long time. Thankfully they make my job easier rather than harder. Kogan he had under his thumb, the other two had to be approached and talked with. He knew what to expect from them from their history, but at least they were happy with the positions they now held, even if he doubted that their enthusiasm for performing those roles would last longer than a month.

He would be quite happy with the control anyway.

As you know I've been quite open with the data that is collected in the medical branch for the ANBU's eyes and ears. Though I can see the benefit of creating something where we join our collective knowledge on those more delicate shinobi it might be seen as a breach of their privacy. We would need to okay it through council or Shin to be able to do it above water. They could work together and do it without their knowledge, but he knew better than to suggest that idea. Besides it wouldn't be a very well kept secret if they did, anyone wanting to use that information against them could, and with their breaching a number of the laws they'd both suffer, should someone decide to do so that was. And he would probably suffer the most.

Mentally unfit shinobi who were put back into service were often kept secret so that people wouldn't treat them differently or refuse to work with those shinobi. The medical branch tried to manage this as well as they could and any signs of any issues, that they found out about, were addressed. The issue was that they didn't have the information that the ANBU had, which was why this idea would work for both parties. Yet that was the issue. Their rights as shinobi versus the villages safety.

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"The privacy of a weapon of mass destruction is always negotiable," Rin stated in a reassuring tone. The content, however, wasn't actually that reassuring at all. "I'll speak with Hayata-sama and get his thoughts before proceeding, in any case. I'm sure that Karubin-sensei and the rest will be good resources for you when they're reachable... Karubin-sensei, at least, has always been rather... Absorbed in his work." She smiled slightly. Her few memories of Karubin were positive--despite what the good doctor had made out of her husband.

"Back to the original subject. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. The trainee will be punished." Kato would also be yellow-flagged for observation. Someone who would interfere with a Sennin bore a little watching, at least short-term; someone with a condition bore more. She would have to have a look at those files. Speaking of. "I know you're a busy man, doctor, so if that's all, I have no further questions. If you happen to have any other evidence pertaining to the event, one of my ANBU here will take it--or you can leave it with me, whatever is convenient." She nodded toward the door, outside of which waited two masked guards.

She activated a small desk terminal. "Records on Jinkotsu Kosei," she entered. "AND records on Kato Haruka."

[TLUS?]

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There wasn't much more that could be done If the event itself is questioned then I have taken a snapshot recording which you can have. He said as he stood. He could understand the benefits to what she wanted to put in place, but he could also see the negative effects, especially if Cloud wanted to maintain any ability for shinobi with mental health issues to have any capability of having a normal life.

Perhaps a restricted access thing would be worked out but then again what would likely be revealed would be how much influence Rin had over Shin, and also how much Shin would give thought to the reason why a system like that wasn't in place already.

Thank you for your time. Kushin said as he left the office. He had things to go and do, as sure as she also did.

[Topic Left]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back