Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

No Reason to Be [SSM]

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tamashii would not be pleased what she was about to do. Nor would Kenshin, particularly because she told him she would not abscond from the village. Truthfully, she gave the official investigation some time before she would make her way to the one place she knew she could find answers. Though not in her official capacity, she could not be seen where she was going, especially late at night, and especially without accompaniment.

Untrue, she would bring Ezo and Eiki along, because realistically she had no choice. Although they listened to her, they would not disobey a direct order from Kenshin either, nor would she make them. Besides, taking Besito was a dead giveaway that she was who she was, and it was times like this when she cursed his size.

She slid in to and all black outfit with matching gloves. Her top, was a long-sleeved turtle neck made of a jersey material as were her pants. She would braid her hair down and place it under a black dome cap, ensuring that none of her tresses would peek out. While requesting her own mask would be cause Tamashii to be alarmed, she knew just where to find one. Pulling out the same mask that Umashi wore to her party, she would don it as well, she was sure he wouldn’t mind.

Using the same secret passage way that she used to get in and out of Crater City the last time, she and her companions made their way to her good friend, Apple. Apple, not his real name, owned a dive bar on the outskirts of Crater City. Anyone who needed information, knew to get it from Apple. He was the best in his business, and he didn’t come cheap, although one wouldn’t know it by the look of him and his dump he called a bar. He often joked that once the leadership got sick of looking at the Crater, he’d be the one to be able to retire nicely off some unnamed coast with all the money he stacked. While he was annoying in his bragging, no one bothered to off him, afraid they would need him for some random and useful information.

Yomi entered the bar. People were happily drunk with their heads down and perhaps a hand or two down an age appropriate woman’s top. Everyone was minding their business, but, at the site of what appeared to be an ANBU, they scattered. Eiki made threatening teeth bearing gestures and, outside where she left him, Ezo’s sheer size was enough for people to stumble over and flee. They wanted no parts of anyone that looked to be ANBU tonight.

Snarling, as the last customer practically tripped over themselves trying to get out of the hole in the wall, Apple slammed a glass on the bar.

“See what you did?! You ran out good paying customers!”

Yomi moved closer towards the bar, after she closed the door and behind her, and sat down. She looked him over through the mask. His disheveled appearance and horrid stench made worse by the sensitivity of a pregnant nose. At least he looked like he had a bath in the past week. She had not seen him in many years now, and only was updated on him via Kaori during the mission she sent her own. Apple was just as Kaori depicted and yet, he was different to her own eyes.

Yomi would not delay, for every minute wasted would led to a morning where Kenshin would find her missing, but first they would share a moment of knowing.

“Apple, Icarus, Goro…”She said, in her familiar even tone. Apple pushed away from his bar and into the wall behind him. His face twisted in a disgusting visage before making a sign of the uninitiated.

“She-Demon!” He hissed as he slightly bowed his head. Yomi adjusted her mask and made a motion for him to rise.

“I am in need of you…” Yomi began, now that the pleasantries were done with. “Would you deny me a request?”

The glass Apple slammed down was immediately filled with something dark and strong smelling. He swallowed it in one big gulp and poured himself another, shooting that as well. Yomi folded her hands together waiting for him to gather himself.

Apple, still trying to clutch the wall as he drank looked at Yomi in her get-up.

“So, the Pretty Thing wasn’t lying when she said she was working for you, huh? Not that anyone would lie about that. I didn’t take you for being a government tool, but, a gig is a gig. Besides, I imagine you’ll get bored with that long life of yours.” His tone was gruff and unfriendly when it came to her, and should you know his story, you’d know why. This is not that story.

Through the mask the Hokage spoke. “I’m pleased you can be so understanding, Goro. While I would love to stay and catch up with you, I’m seeking answers that only you can provide.” Apple looked at the masked woman and pulled a stool from the side of the bar where she was sitting and sat down on it. He seemed to weigh the request over in his mind before choosing his response.

“Apple, don’t give nothing without getting nothing in return. What are you offering?”

“Nothing…” Yomi said in an even tone. she could feel the protest to begin to rise in him, but she would quiet those objections with facts.

“…or do you mean to say that the life you have is suddenly forfeit? Do I …” Apple waved a hand indicating that he wanted her to stop. Whatever she was going to say he did not want her to repeat.

“Fine, fine! But, I make no promises.” He looked over at Eiki the silent watcher. Suddenly he became panic stricken.

“Did you turn Asuka into that wolf?”

“No.” Yomi was not going to volunteer anything further. Apple’s beady eyes shifted between her and the wolf before sighing in what could only be considered relief.

“What do you want?”

Yomi knew Apple. She couldn’t tell him more than he needed to know, because he’d be able to put bits of information together that he had acquired over the years to create a broader picture. So, she chose the only detail she could without telling him her reasons for asking.

“I’d like to know of the Black Bird.” Yomi shifted uncomfortably on her seat. This stool was not made for sitting.

Apple grunted before pouring himself another shot.

“I don’t know any Black Bird…”he said slowly. “...but, if what you’re talking about what immediately came to my mind, I would say that I didn’t know you believed in such fairy-tales.”

Shaking her head, she would respond gently, against the rage she felt. “Humor me, Goro.”

“There is nothing to say beyond what I’ve heard in conversations between drunken old men who deal in these sort of fantasies. It’s always the same, a Red Haired Uchiha or a Red Haired…something…I can’t recall the name now. More often than not it’s Uchiha though. She comes and the, Black Bird, as you called it, appears.” Yomi visibly straightened at the information. Apple saw this and gave a word of advice.

“Now, Supreme, do not go waving those hands and cursing the world in search of the, Black Bird, it’s talked of like…like an Omen. It’s like when you wish someone to hell. It probably won’t happen.” Yomi stood from her seat abruptly, startling the man, making him stand on his feet as well.

“Goro…my Icarus, who I have called Apple. The name for which you so proudly claim. In all your awe and subsequent hatred of me, do you not think that my presence here, now is an Omen?” The question was rhetorical, but, she could see the realization and understanding flood his face.

“You…you’ve seen it!” Apple gasped, making a sign of his faith, the sign of the uninitiated. She was not going to respond as he well knew, though he decided to offer something more to her.

“It’s dark, not black, and it’s much more than a bird. This is Fire Country after all.” Because he could not see her face she offered him a verbal thank you of sorts.

“Rei finds that you are very much needed here more so than at Her table at this time. In Her name, that is mine.” Yomi exited the bar hearing the man burst into prayer. When this whole thing was over and done with, she would have to remember to return to him to grant him what he really sought. That is, if this at all worked out in her favor.

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
No Reason to Be Pt. 2
Rei's Temperament. Rei's Confession. - The Supreme.

With this new bit of information, Yomi’s mind was brimming with possibilities, and leads, and most of all hope. Goro was never a liar and she knew the Uninitiated such as he, was just as devout as those officially one with the faith, despite his conflicted feelings when it came to his Goddess.

Walking through the twisted alleys of Crater City back towards Konhoa the normally bustling streets were quiet. The derelicts who pervade the tight back streets were nowhere to be seen and it made for an uneasy feeling, if only Yomi had noticed. She was wrapped in thoughts of her beloved and what she gleaned from her early interrogation that she failed to feel the eyes peering on her from a higher vantage point. It was only when she heard the loud thump one after the other hit the ground did she realize she was surrounded.

Ezo and Eiki were taken down by what Yomi could only imagine was some form of chakra suppressing paralytic. Ezo was the bigger of the two and he could only manage a whimper. Underneath her mask her eyes darted from left to right and above, trying to gauge her situation. Immediately she pulled out her daggers, and got into a defensive stance. She didn’t see anyone for a while until a voice she hadn’t heard in a decade rang familiar in her ears.

“You’re getting sloppy…A shame really, since I thought this would be a bit harder.” An even tone, in a deeper voice spoke to Yomi. She straightened as she listened, almost against her better instincts. Immediately she realized and scoffed at herself. Behaviors long ago beaten into her came back to her at the mere sound of his voice. From a shadowy corner, Lord Kobayakawa stepped forth.

He was just as she remembered. Beady-eyed, strong angular face, and much like Yomi and her counterpart Asuka, his voice would not betray what he had intended.

“You, standing before me, is sloppy.” Yomi replied. She watched as cloaked figures came from the darkness in droves.

“So it is…” Lord Kobayakawa nodded in agreement. His beady eyes looked at her hungrily. The Hokage only noticed because she knew him well enough to note the slight squint in his eyes, and the twitch in his lip when he looked at her.

“I have not come empty handed, as you can see.” The man made a grand sweeping motion of his arms in display of all the cloaked figures that stood in wait for his command. “I would not be that rude.”

“Flattered…what is it that you want?” She knew him. This was not something he planned lightly, he had to have been waiting for her appearance for weeks. For a long time she knew he would figure out where she had been and while she didn't bide her time waiting for him, she knew this day would come. He waited for the right time. Everyone knew to go to Crater City for answers for things that was not easy to ascertain. He also had probably threatened Goro.

“Not what I want, it’s what they want.” Motioning again to the crowd. “You see, they think that if you die, they can complete their ascension. You see, for about 10 years, give or take, your position has been vacant. Well, not vacant, since as long as you live, you still occupy it….” Yomi looked over the group again, this time in knowing. The faces under the cloaks that she could not see were her. They were Asuka. They were Michi and Ko and the countless others that came and went on that mountain top. They were the Followers of the Beguiled, Slaves to the Sect, Daughters of Jashin.

What was more, and perhaps more rage inducing, was that they were truly her misguided flock. While she sat in a gilded fortress made of Konoha Shinobi and the love of her Husband they were here being lied to and used. Yet, by Kobayakawa’s own admission, there was a silver lining. He couldn't reach his own half-assed ascension because he could not find a perfect sacrifice.

“Don’t mince words, you mean to say that you have to be sure that they are worth it, don’t you? So, you send them here to in hopes that they could do what you are too weak to do. Except you’ve only led them to slaughter.”

“In my pursuit of perfection, I had not realized you had sullied me. So while I cannot do this, as you say, I could not say the same for them…”A slight flick of his wrist and the girls swarmed Yomi. The came from every which way, each attack intended to end her life. Hand seals were useless and she was slow from lack of training and easily winded from pregnancy. She cast a barrier, to keep the ladies off her as she scaled the wall to her left. The girls were not ninja, they were assassins, and their inability to control their chakra was beneficial, though, not her saving grace. What lacked in Shinobi skills they made up for with sheer force of will and numbers.

A moment did not pass before they made it the top of the building. In times such as these she would rely on her team to get through, yet, two of them only lived in her memories now and Asuka was back in Konoha. They couldn’t help her now, so, she was forced to do it alone. Every clone jutsu she knew, she cast. The roof top exploded with at least 8 of her now, greatly leveling the playing field. The daggers clashed against daggers as the smell of blood filled the air. Bodies him the rooftop one by one in this army of one. A dagger, laced with the same paralytic that hit her companions, pierced her side. Immediately two more came flying towards her one grazing her cheek and the other landing in her bicep.

The woman could tell it was fast acting and only through Rei’s foresight was it slower for her. She stumbled backwards, pulling the dagger from her arm first and then the one that pierced her side. Her clones dispersed, leaving her alone with a handful of girls who survived had survived. Holding the wound, she spat in the face of the firs girl who tried to get closer. They moved hesitantly toward her opting until the paralytic consumed her than take a chance and tangle with her some more.

Clapping, Lord Kobayakawa came from the entrance of the rooftop with a gleeful look. She had only seen him smile and only in the most grotesque of circumstances. She was thoroughly unnerved.

“Ah, well, you still put on a show. You’re still a Bull, but, it’s high time you be put to pasture. What do you think?”

Yomi was panting, feeling her body dull and weaken as the paralysis was setting in. She wobbled on her feet, but, her the look in her eyes was feral as she looked at the man she would call her father.

“Daddy…”Her voice was weak but underneath the softness, the evenness of her tone, was apparent. The beady-eyed man stopped in his tracks. His mouth moved but no words came out.

“Daddy…” She repeated. “I, that is Rei, am your true God.” She dropped to her knees into a pool of blood. Snapped from the shock of her initial words, he laughed at her statement.

“Arrogant to the very end. You are one of one. I have half a mind to keep you on a shelf.” He went closest to her and pulled Umashi’s mask from her face. Cupping her chin, he looked at her with that sickening greedy look and smiled.

“Jashin demands your blood.”

What seemed like forever past. Yomi drifted off into a dark expanse. A wisp of light coming in and out of view, guiding the woman to where she would ultimately end up. A city made of Onyx with the sky a shade of fiery crimson. Gold, lined her path as she walked for a moment and an eternity. A voice soft as a whisper yet cracking the firmament, began to talk to her.

“Welcome to the Maw of the Cosmos” The voice was velvety and soft, harsh and coarse.

Yomi looked around, a table appeared before her. There were two seats noticeably empty, the ones at the ends of the table. The wisp of light danced around, never letting her get a good look at it. It was fine as something else caught her eye. At the table, she could see two familiar faces, waving at her. The Paleness of Michi and the Roundess of Ko. Yomi gasped and took strides to greet them properly, but, she never got closer no matter how she ran.

The voice was back .

“No no, it is not your time. My table that is yours, shall not have us both seated at it. Balance.” Tears began to fill her eyes, as she waved frantically at the girls whom she loved from a far. They were every bit of what she remembered, and even more than what she could have hoped for. Barely catching the gist of what was said to her she snapped her head around towards the wisp, which now was a starry light in the shape of a woman. Realization crept in as she knelt before Rei.

“I am not worthy.” Yomi said pressing her head as close to the ground as she could.

“Aye, my greatest masterpiece. You are what I intended, thus, you are it.” Rei walked around Yomi’s body, inspecting it as if she were seeing it for the first time. Yomi could feel the darkness as well as the light within her bubble up, a surge of energy was tossed in for good measure.

“Now that you are complete. I am no longer required, I shall finally sit at the table that is yours.” From her bowed position Yomi questioned.

“I do not understand. What is happening?”

“You are no longer bound by bone and flesh. Like me and those before that, we all seek an end. You can only sit at the table once you’ve found a replacement. You are mine. ..

“Born into darkness,(Demonic Ancestry) bathed in blood,(Jashinist) consumed by fire,(Konoha) bathed in light,(Umashi) released in freedom(Benevolent). That is the process we all had to go through. You’ve lived to tell the tale.”

Yomi sat up, shaking her head no. “That was by your great Blessing. It would not have been without you.”

Rei laughed lightly, but it was also guttural. “I only placed you on a path, you had to walk and get through it.” The Hokage moved to protest, but, Rei raised her hand. “So as my final act as your God, as you become mine, I grant you your final ascension.” Rei bowed as the table that looked to be in reach, as leaned on by Rei before she sat at one end of the table.

“My feast was bloody, but that was my choice. You can become whatever you need to be for yourself. This is your table now, set it however you like. The Supreme Rei is now you in all things, as the Supreme Yomi. The powers of all who came before you now are you.” Yomi looked at Rei expressionless. A lot of information was given to her in a small amount of time, but, to her it felt as though she had arnity to understand.

“It took me a mighty long time to find you, Yomi. I’ve hid in the Maw of the Cosmos for centuries, and while you have that option to, but, I don’t think the babies would like it…” A burst light jolted Yomi from the Maw as she came too, looking at Lord Kobayakawa as he cupped her chin. She blinked a few times, realizing that only a few seconds had past. Rei always was one for theater, as she thought back to how it was that Rei first came to her.

The woman began to laugh as she pulled away from her father’s touch. He scoffed as he stepped back. Yomi wiped the tears that were falling from her eyes, as she laughed harder until she doubled over. Lord K, watched in annoyed father and would wait until she was finished and done. The paralysis was nigh and her wounds were healed, a final parting gift from Rei.

Except she wasn’t finished or done.

A twisted spiraling of light filled with darkness erupted from beneath her and from above and from within. It was aimed at the remaining girls that stood before her. They exploded into a cloud of ash and fell like cindered snow. Pity, they should have killed her when they had the chance.

I am the Dragon breathing fire
Beautiful Mane, I’m the Lion

She looked to her father who was scowling, his beady eyes still hungry, if only a bit less famished. Yomi pointed to the floor with her dagger. No longer requiring words to express what she knew he knew. After all, he was well versed in the existence of Rei. The man shook his head in disagreement as he decided to speak.

"I will not kneel before you. I cannot do what you ask.” The woman looked at him and nodded, understanding his predicament. If the roles were reversed, she would stand firm in her beliefs too. Walking closer to him she sighed and embraced him. Slow in his reaction, he reached to wrap his arms around his Favorite Daughter. Whatever she thought, whatever rage she held on too regarding him and The Sect, she released as she held him tight. It was beyond her now. The woman would speak as she did in her evened tone, the way she learned from him.

“You missed my wedding although too be fair my husband missed it too.” The woman spoke in a matter of fact way.

“I don’t like him!” Lord K replied sharply.

Beautiful Man, I know your lying

“Well then I made a good choice.” Yomi said in a half chuckle half scoff. “Did you want that for me?”

The man paused, genuinely taking a moment to think about it. “Oh, well…you know what I wanted for you. But I suppose I also wanted you to have the life you sought. You rebelled from me as all teens do, I expected no less. That life you needed to have before I finally did come to collect you.”

“I see..” Yomi said as she pulled away from the embrace. “Well you’re to be a grandfather too, though, you won’t live to see them.” Yomi twirled around so he could take a final look at her. As she turned to face him her look was intense. A hint of fiery rage and glint of delicate softness.

“Goodbye Daddy” From the Maw a beam of twisted beaming light came down striking him in the center of his forehead. There were no ashes, there was no trace, or lingering scent, he simply ceased.

Love God Herself

Yomi picked up Umashi’s mask wear it sat and wiped any traces of debris from it before she placed it back on. Dawn was approaching and she needed to make it back, before Tamashii sent out an APB.

[SSM Complete. This post itself is 2k+ . WC reached.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back