Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

No Smudges Made| Private | Saya

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Everything about this trip so far had been amazing. The weather, the people, the food. All of it was new, exciting, and enticing in its own way. Shizuka enjoyed the trip in huge swings, taking in as much as she could whenever there was time to do so. Asami’s tea this afternoon had been a nice moment of calmth, but before the night would settle in and force her to return to her room, Shizuka wanted to see what the streets of the Tea country were like when they were filled with dancing shadows.

Having switched her flowery dress for a cosy outfit of light boots, a pair of tight, black pants and a dark green hoodie to match her eyes, she moved swiftly through the alleys and thin streets that still boiled with life. People were having their fun, eating and drinking while music played here and there. It was quite obvious that something was going on in this city, and being a part of it even on this low level warmed Shizuka’s heart. Looking around, wandering across the area, she felt happy to have come here.

The thrilling evening of being free in a foreign city left her fingers tingling. At first she ignored the sensation, knowing that causing trouble would be a dangerous thing to do. But as the time seeped away she realized that there weren’t too many shinobi around the area. Most of the people near the stands looked like merchants, visitors, and common people. That’s where the game began. To take something of worth she had to find a victim first. Taking from an old person or a child wasn’t something she would do, so finding a decent looking adult who clearly wouldn’t starve from losing a couple of coins or a ring was her goal.

Studying the crowd from her little perch next to the fruit stand where she had gotten herself a green apple, Shizuka found someone of interest. A thin looking woman with pale skin and dark, shiny hair. Judging from a distance she thought her to be healthy looking, pretty as well. The paleness had the little Senju conclude that she wasn’t a farmer or someone who worked outside in general. So, altogether, it appeared that this lady, and the little pouches around her belt, were what the girl was after.

Excitedly chewing on the remains of her apple she felt as if tiny fireworks were working their magic in her tummy. The tips of her fingers itched, she swallowed, just a tiny bit nervous. All she had to do was be quick about the whole matter. With the hoodie most wouldn’t even realize if she was a girl or a boy. Should someone notice they would first have to catch her, and she was pretty fast for a kid. It was time to put some trust into her quick fingers and even quicker legs.

Sliding into the mass she kept a bit of distance - two people, a couple that was holding hands walked in front of her, she could see the pouches move on the belt - until her target stopped. That’s when she moved in, diving beneath their arms, pushing off the ground with pale, elegant fingers aiming for the pouch on the right. It looked quite round, probably had some coins, or something else she could take home with her as a souvenir. As soon as her hand would close around its target, she planned to dart to the side and disappear between the houses. There, in the back, she would hop onto one of the roofs, probably run a couple of streets further before examining her prize.

But first she had to get her hands on it.

Uka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"How about this much for the paper and the writing materials?"<i></i> Saya would ask as she stopped in front of one of the more beat-up stalls, placing a handful of coins on the wooden surface and pointing over at what interested her. The old woman behind the stall would slowly stand up to look over at what the youngun was interested in before glancing towards the pile of coins. It was more than safe to say there were far more than was necessary and as much as many here would try and scam others she would not. "That is too much deare. A third is more than enough." The old woman would respond with a smile, gesturing for the younger woman to hand her the money and to take what she wanted.

The Senju couldn't help but smile lightly, her cold expression disappearing for a moment as she sweeped up the coins and placed them in the old lady's hand, closing it. "Keep them. It's quite alright."<i></i> Saya would offer a light smile as the woman bowed her head. She would then proceed to take her purchases as she felt something brush by her cloak, causing her to look to the ground, her left hand instinctively shooting for the square, leather pouch on her left thigh. Without a second thought she would take out a single piece of paper, trying to place it onto the thief's back. She would then quickly draw a symbol in the air with her right hand just as the small body disappeared between the others.

What she had tried to do was place one of her talismans with a pecky little technique inscribed on it - a little genjutsu that would cause it's target to perceive things not quite as they were.False Surrounds as it were. It wasn't going to cause the little culprit any damage, but it would make her believe that the alley she had just run into was in fact a dead end, giving Saya enough time to catch up as she quickly chased after her....

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Once her fingers closed around the pouch, she slyly grinned, eyes glistering with success and heart throbbing with adrenaline. She darted to the side, didn’t look back until some people were in-between them. A single glance had her confidence raise. The woman didn’t appear to have noticed, or perhaps she had but had lost sight of her by now. Cheekily sliding through the street and around the corner Shizuka’s jade colored eyes narrowed a little when the alley she ran in turned out to be a dead end. Tall walls, narrow, no open path to freedom. It seemed that there was no other choice but head back into the crowd and pick the next side street.
With the pouch firmly clutched between her fingers she quickly turned, noticing a paper falling from her back. What? The student blinked in confusion, crouching next to it to inspect the sheet. A strange feeling was tugging at her senses, warning her to quickly disappear from this spot. Something was wrong, it kept on telling her as she stared at the paper as if it was to blame for her sudden fear.

Had someone tapped her?
Was she imagining things?

It could easily be the wind. Yeah, the wind had blown this sheet here and she was being a chicken worrying about it. There was no meaning behind it, nothing to be afraid of. Nodding to herself, she stood up ready to move. Climbing the walls was an awful idea, it would only gain her the attention of those unable to (should they see her from the main street), so out of the alley she went. Or at least was on her way to when a figure appeared at its end.

Pale skin, dark hair. Not too tall, but still towering over Shizuka by a head. The latter already knew that her paranoia had been spot on. Something was wrong. Instinctively taking a step back she hid the pouch behind her back while wondering if it was best to drop it. Surely this lady had come here to get it back. Should the little Senju choose to leave it behind, on the ground, she could try to dash past the stranger - who would probably pick getting back their belongings above grabbing and trying to hold the thief. Right?

Nervously swallowing, with only the leftovers of her previously felt excitement and pride keeping her from throwing the pouch away before fully assessing the situation, she offered a disarming smile, but felt her mouth turning into a thin line when their gazes met. This looked like trouble.

Uka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Saya would take a deep break as she began drawing on chakra from the environment once more, but this time into herself rather than the charm, enhancing her body just a little bit. It was a necessary thing with her constitution and mandatory if she was going to give chase. It would only take her a few moments to do so, managing to catch glimpses of the little rascal as she ran between the groups of people, but made sure she was just out of view until they arrived at the little trap.

"I would like my ink bottle back, please."<i></i> The young woman would raise her voice just enough for the rascal to hear her. "Oh and my pouch as well, thank you."<i></i> Saya would quickly add, her voice eerily calm and polite. If the girl was to turn towards her she would notice the frown that had beset her expression, a look of disappointment in her eyes. There was no anger or any sign of exhaustion at all. No. Just disappointment.

Her gaze would pierce Shizuka as she studied the child, looking her up and down carefully. Even with the hoodie she could tell that the rascal was female and her clothes didn't seem too tattered or anything of the sort. That was the first strange thing. It didn't seem like the kid really needed to steal to survive by the looks or at least she was good at hiding it. The second was likely what the little thief was thinking if she had bothered to look into to pouch she had stolen - why was it that she was expending that much energy to chase after such a simple item. It was likely easier to just get a new one. There was only one problem with that - the groundskeeper of the Senju compound would have allowed something that belonged to the Overlord to be taken. That thought was completely unacceptable. It would be a disgrace to her and him. No. She was not going to allow that to happen.

"What will it be."<i></i> The older Senju would ask after a few moments, her left hand down at her side, a small rectangular piece of paper between her fingers. She would slowly but surely be channeling chakra into the object, preparing a little tag in case her little problem decided to try and become bigger. It was a simple technique which would make it harder for her target to act on feelings of aggression, but it wasn't quite time to use it. Not for now at least. That however would quickly change if the kid decided to run or attack her. Saya would then and only then aim the technique at the child.

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Only now with her fingers clutching the object even tighter because of the stress rushing through her did she realize that what she was holding weren’t a bunch of coins. Not that it really mattered. Coins were always good to have, but anything would be nice as a souvenir from the trip to the land of Tea. Aside from that, the itching feeling in her fingertips was gone now, she had satisfied that need, but ended up being caught. It was the first time, really, that she was forced to deal with the one she had taken from. Before, there had been those who had given chase but were too slow, some who simply yelled, and many others who hadn’t noticed until there was not a single trace left of her. That was the reason she had been so sure about the target. The experiences she’s gathered so far had been fuelling her confidence but turned out to have failed her. She bit her lip. Her heart raced.

Really not feeling like coming closer to the woman, she knew that dropping the object would cause it to break. Now, perhaps she could place it on the side of the alley, then walk away and leave from the other side? .. Blinking, she ran through various scenarios. Attacking wasn’t something she seriously considered because of how calm the woman was. It reminded her of the silence before a storm. The sight of another small sheet of paper worried her. Wood could be harder than steel, but so could paper.

A part of her wanted to throw the bottle and run, but the alley was narrow. Probably too narrow to succeed at escaping if this woman wasn’t just a rich lady. So, awkwardly, carefully, and very cautiously, Shizuka slowly moved toward the potential threat. Her mouth was a little dry, lips stuck in place still forming the same thin line.

“Here,” bringing her arm in front of her, she reached out, offering the pouch with its contents. “sorry.” The apology was more of a mumble as she looked slightly to the side. Feeling quite embarrassed to have been caught. It wasn’t a rational feeling, she knew that much. What she had to worry about was this woman making a drama or dragging her to one of the Cloud leaders. Oh, the small Senju realized while perking up a little, the lady had no way of knowing that it was the Cloud she had to be at.. It gave Shizuka hope to get away, unscratched or otherwise, as long as nobody knew.

“Uhm..” ‘Have a nice day.’,‘I’ll be going now.’, were a couple of things which shot through her mind, that’s why she wasn’t sure how she ended up saying the following. “do you draw?”

Was that why the ink bottle had been so important to her?

Uka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
This was such a waste of time. She only had a couple of days before she had to return to her duties. To go back to tending the clan grounds and dealing with the demands of her masters. Whilst she hadn't wanted this break Nagato had forced her to go and she felt like dealing with a thief was not worth it.

The woman let out a prolonged huff, her right hand extended to receive her stolen pouch from the child and her gaze just as piercing as before. As the kid neared her grip around the talisman would tighten. It was more than safe to say she was ready to act within a moments notice, but to an outsider that wouldn't be quite as easy to spot. Whilst this was in part to her cloak it was also due to her rather weak frame. She wasn't as bulky or as muscular as a shinobi, however that wasn't really where her focus lay. No far from it.

Saya's expression would soften as the pouch was in her hand, slowly bringing her hand back to her belt and hooking it back onto her belt. Luckily the strap hadn't broken, which was a rather good thing, especially considering how she could avoid having to explain why she had allowed Senju belongings to be damaged. "I didn't hear you."<i></i> The woman would state, her voice calm and cold, her expression neutral though it was rather obvious that she was looking down at the rascal. "If you want to say something do it with an appropriate tone."<i></i> She would add, placing the talisman into one of her pouches and taking out another piece of paper with her left hand.

"Now give me a reason not to drag you back to the authorities."<i></i> The Senju would take a step to the side, standing in Shizuka's path and blocking her apparent one route of escape. The genjutsu was still functional for the time being, considering how little power it required to maintain fully. "I do not draw no. This is required for my work and my masters would suffer shame if I allowed a possession they were benevolent enough to grant me to be stolen."<i></i> She would respond to the question, her expression softening for a brief moment, but her gaze was still as piercing, filled with disappointment.

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The way this lady talked down to her ruffled some of Shizuka’s feathers. Her jaw tightened in response because she knew that the woman had heard her and simply wanted to push her for whatever sick pleasure she gained from doing so. It’s why the young Senju glared at the one towering above her, cheeks flushing red while her eyes flared up briefly. “I’ve said that I was sorry,” she bit, loud enough for the stranger to hear it clearly. “you don’t seem that old.”

Sliding to the side she found her path blocked to her great annoyance and worry. Unfortunately her question hadn’t worked as a distraction, not that she intended it to be one, but it would have been nice. Instead she would need to come up with something, and do it fast. Tensed, with narrowing eyes, she kept her eyes on the paper before briefly gazing up. To the previously posed question she found an answer that might not be enough, but she didn’t really know what else to say without sounding whiny.

“I didn’t mean any harm, and you got it back undamaged.” There was no harm done, so why would she bother with taking time out of her day to drag a kid to any sort of authorities. Chances were real, for all this lady knew, that they would let Shizuka be after a fine, or something. The Cloud would probably be a larger problem should this encounter come to light. In fact, the thought of her superiors and teachers knowing caused her heart to skip a beat. She didn’t want to be locked up or put back a year in the Academy. That would be terrible. No, it would be the end of her world.

So, drowning in a sudden wave of panic she let her tensed hands meet to form the necessary seal to call up a wood jutsu. Vines would shoot from the ground, try to curls around the stranger. They weren’t there to harm, only to block her from running after Shizuka as she tried to rush past the woman. She had to get away from that piercing gaze and the potential consequences.

Uka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Oh a fiesty one."<i></i> She couldn't help but smile. This little thief wasn't afraid to retort that was for certain. No matter that made things a little bit more interesting. It could be fairly enjoyable to enforce some order when it had been thrown to the wind. Oh yes. Now the question was what to do with the little one. "I would say I am not."<i></i> She would note at the remark about her age. It was rather safe to say she didn't quite get the point and decided to take it as a compliment.

"And that is how anarchy begins and how civilisations fall."<i></i> Saya would note, her expression darkening as her smile disappeared before once again becoming neutral. "One small bad deed is ignored. And another one. Then another. And in the end even a little white lie can grow together and destroy everything you know."<i></i> Why was she explaining this? This child wasn't familiar to her. It wasn't somebody that deserved the attention of her masters and as such it didn't really deserve hers. "Meaning no harm is not the same as knowing your actions won't cause any harm. I will give you another cha...."<i></i>

Shizuka would cut her short by causing her to spring to action. Without a second thought she threw the new talisman she had been preparing behind herself and jumped to the side, narrowly managing to avoid the greenery that was trying to restrict her movements.

The piece of paper would suddenly freeze in the air in a perfectly straight position as writing began appearing on it. Saya would quickly draw a rather strange circular symbol with her left hand as the talisman became completely black, still hovering in the air. She had ended up using one of her strongest barriers out of habit rather than a need, creating a box around the two, which was as side as the alley and around five or six meters all, though the only way to find that out would be if Shizuka was able to sense chakra. If not she would just be able to see the floating piece of paper in the air or alternatively if she tried to get out of it she would run into an invisible wall (creative reading of unable to use melee attacks through the barrier). "Well, well, well a chakra user. A shinobi I would guess. You don't seem familiar, so you are from ...."<i></i> The Senju would pause on purpose, preparing to study the reaction of the girl before giving the options. She would purposefully leave a large pause between the two in order to try and see any form of flinch or reaction. "Leaf..."<i></i> The young woman would take another piece of paper out of her pouch as she prepared for further attacks. "No. It's not that. From Cloud."<i></i> She would add, her tone not changing at all so as to avoid exposing that she didn't have a clue.

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
‘So far so good’ couldn’t be applied to this situation, she bitterly thought when her vines missed their target entirely. The speed at which the woman moved made it clear that she was a superior kunoichi. The skills together with her age caused Shizuka to believe that this one was somewhere above a Genin. Way out of her league, unfortunately enough, to deal with. It’s why she stopped dead in her tracks when her frightened gaze caught the paper hanging in the air. Immobile, too perfect in place for it to simply float. It appeared to be stuck on something, something the little Senju could only describe as a barrier - and she wasn’t wrong according to the chakra traces around them which she had briefly sensed.

Feeling even more trapped she was starting to feel really scared. A step back, then another. Shizuka had to admit to herself that she was terrified now. Like a threatened kitten she back off further, all the way to the side of the barrier, wide eyes glued to the one and only threat: an older, stronger ninja from the Sand.

Leaf

The girl jerked to the side, but didn’t really run, only released some tension through the motion. Muscles burnt from the strain put onto them by the apprehension of an incoming attack. She let her gaze wander, looking for an opening but it appeared to be in vain. Unsure about how tall exactly the cube was she wondered whether or not a log could break through it. Maybe multiple logs?

Cloud, the word cut through the space between them. Automatically her eyes darted to the woman from the Sand. So far she had met only one person from there, a young Genin who had attended Asami’s tea party. Quickly going over that meeting she recalled all of them being friendly. There was nothing going on between the villages now, so.. if she were to talk instead of weaving another jutsu, things might take a better turn. Right?

“Lady, can we talk about this?” Quickly backpedaling now that it became clear that fighting or trying to use jutsu on her opponent in general wouldn’t work out, she opened her pale fists and showed the woman her empty palms. A disarming gesture, one she meant right now, because deep down she knew that unlike the elders of her own village this one might actually hurt her.

“I just.. sometimes need to get something small, it’s.. hmm,” she found herself opening up, probably because of the fear which had uncoiled in her tummy and spread by now all the way to her toes. “y-you looked like you could miss an item without suffering from it.”

Remaining at her side of the alley, she hoped that the invisible walls would fall - that the paper would float away, and the woman would drop the little act of mischief. So far there had been no real anger. It gave Shizuka hope, again. This time her stubbornness fell apart beneath the pressure of the inability to deal with this opponent. Instead of doing anything that might accidentally provoke the stranger, she decided to man up and swallow her pride.

Silently straightening up with cautious eyes and a throbbing heart, she inclined her head and bowed. “My apologies for having taken one of your belongings, ma’am. I won’t do it again.” Please, don’t hurt me.

Uka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A waiting game. That was what it had come down to. Saya thought to herself as she carefully studied the girl. Either she had been trained really well or she hadn't recieved much training at all. It was clear that she could use jutsu, but those reactions showed inexperience. True fear and panic. Her first reactions didn't seem to make those two feelings worse, no. It wasn't that. Or was she just good at hiding it? No. Her second actions confirmed that. The sheer terror and that focus. She was from Cloud. That much was for certain. Well unless she was specially trained.

No matter this answer would do. Not that she was going to do much with it. Maybe it would give her enough fuel to teach the rascal a good lesson. Bad habits had to be rooted out. Oh yes. If they remained they would only cause problem to those she was serving under. It was time for a bit of a lesson, one she had already used once before. How would this little kunoichi react to it.

Saya would relax her stance, slowly, but surely drawing chakra into the third talisman, making sure to do it very slowly so that the panicking girl would not notice. "Certainly... not. Oh what harm would it do to illegally obtain somebody else's property?"<i></i> The woman would finally respond, choosing to remain quiet for now as she slowly made her way over towards the girl, her left hand hidden behind her back as she prepared her little surprise. It was going to be quite interesting to see what sort of reaction she would get out of this. To say she was looking forward to it would be a bit overstated, but not quite wrong. In a way situations like this reaffirmed that she wasn't a failure. At least not compared to the many weaklings in the world.

"Oh I know you won't do it again. "<i></i> She would note, her voice as calm as before, the only emotion within her voice being a hint of disdain. "Because the only way to teach a thief not to steal is to show them what stealing something important to them is like."<i></i> Saya would finally finish her little surprise, taking her charm out from behind her back as she stood in front of the girl and trying to place it on her shoulder/back before she could slip out. Inscribed on it was a rather scary, but completely harmful technique. That however was something the girl would not know. Or at least she doubted she would. A genjutsu that would take her sight away for around two minutes. It was time to see how the little rascal would react. Once Shizuka finally regained her sight she would see Saya standing a few steps away from her with a light smile on her lips. "Now then. Will you be stealing again, little one?"<i></i> She would ask calmly before snapping her fingers. Both the barrier and the illusion of the dead end would suddenly disappear, allowing the girl to run off if she wished.

https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?p=89206#p89206

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
‘Illegally obtain’ sounded so harshly, her deeds appeared so ominous when they were put that way. While in reality all of it had simply been a spontaneous thought turned into a short game of grabbing and running. This shouldn’t be such a big deal. She hadn’t taken anything of great value. That’s why Shizuka thought it to be unfair that the lady didn’t want to just accept the apology offered to her and get on with it.

Feeling threatened by the calmth displayed by the taller kunoichi, especially when the latter drew nearer, she tensed and brought her hands together in preparation for whatever was to come. If going through a fight was the only way to get through this then she wouldn’t roll over and take it. No. As a future soldier of the Cloud she would have to at least try to put up a fight even if it was a disadvantageous drag, because giving up ahead of time when pushed into a corner would be a shame. Pain would pass if she would make it out of here in one piece, but the stink of cowardice would forever stick to her should she turn to begging.

That’s why she didn’t yelp when the woman’s hand touched her shoulder. She only gritted her teeth, waiting for the incoming pain while preparing her own jutsu. She wasn’t fast enough to be the first to start something, she knew that much now. So she hoped that her arm wouldn’t be cut off at the shoulder or she wouldn’t be able to finish the jutsu, nevermind starting a new one.

Briefly closing her eyes during the surprisingly gentle impact, she opened them with fingers intertwined, half through the Armor of Thorns, and blinked in confusion.

The light was out.
It was suddenly night.

Had she passed out for so long?

Awkwardly testing her fingers and toes she realized that all of her limbs were still in place. They were functioning too, thankfully. Turning, couldn’t determine if she was on the ground or not. Perhaps the concussion she got needed some time for her to wake up entirely. She blinked, waited, but knew that staying there (wherever there was) would be useless. The only option was get back to her senses, get up, and then go before everyone would freak out that she was out during the middle of the night and-

No, wait. The usual silhouettes, the little lines of things hiding in the darkness. All of it wasn’t there. It was too dark, too perfectly black. Like a vacuum it held her vision, held her widened eyes, until she froze with the realisation that she hadn’t been knocked out, that she wasn’t waking up at night. She was blind.

All she could do in order not to scream was release the thorny jutsu. Wood wrapped itself around her body, layers of vines, thorns, and thinner twigs coiled over her skin in a protective cocoon. She silently squeezed her eyes shut, concentrating on the other senses she still had left, hoping that the armor would be enough to hold her together until someone like Yuii would find her. If they would.

Time went by too slowly. In complete darkness she was so disorientated that she wasn’t even sure for how long she had been standing there, entirely immobile, with hands clenched into tight fists with skin turning as white as milk. Every breath she took came with the fear of being hit from somewhere. There would be no way of telling where the attack would come from, let alone see what it was or prepare for it in any decent way.

By the time she could see again she found herself shaking. When the image of the lady smiling formed Shizuka couldn’t believe that she was still alive and in one piece. Aside from that the relief of being able to see again brought tears to her eyes. Hiding them by trying to rub them out of her eyes as fast as she could, the young Senju almost collapsed to the ground but kept her balance after a brief moment of stumbling. Her hands still shook when she processed the words told to her.

Not trusting her voice to reply without cracking, she violently shook her head from side to side. No, she wouldn’t steal, or at least try her best never to do so again. What had started as a fun, exciting and enticing game, had almost ended in a disaster. That’s why it took her some more rubbing with her hoodie’s sleeve and furious blinking to look up again and notice the change of scenery.

Where was the wall on the other side? .. And the end of the street?

With damped eyelashes she turned to the older kunoichi, blinking with sudden understanding. The walls hadn’t been real. She wasn’t sure if the barrier had been.. or how long she had already been in her trap. It scared her to realize it now, even more than before. The difference in skill stared back at her; everything had been even worse in reality than she had thought it to be.

“When did you..?” she weakly wanted to know, unsure if she shouldn’t ask questions and simply run away, or stick around now that the lady had shown a gentle smile. If she was to refrain from bolting she had to make sure of one thing.

“Can you.. could you, perhaps, not mention this to anyone?” Awkwardly requesting to keep this little scene quiet, she then added “I would really appreciate it, ma’am.”

Uka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Saya would cross her hands on her chest, trying to hide the fact that she was starting to become winded. Compared to her ability her constitution was far, far too weak and her stamina was quite frankly a joke compared to that of a shinobi. However compared to a fledgling kunoichi it was more than sufficient. "I will take that as a no. I will hold you to account on that one and next time I won't stop at so little, alright little one?"<i></i> Frankly it was an absolutely empty threat, though the little girl would likely not take it that way. The little display should have been more than sufficient to scare her enough.

She just hoped her masters hadn't seen the little display. It was an absolute waste of resources and energy for certain, whether or not assets of the clan had been stolen. No matter. What was done was done. There was no point in crying over spilt ink was there now. "When you first touched my cloak."<i></i> Saya would respond. She didn't have to, but she didn't see a reason not to. It wasn't like she had any desire to hide anything away. There was no real conflict between villages. On another hand her tactic would likely be wasted if the girl stopped seeing her as a threat. In essence this was a sword with two edges.

"Not mention what, little cloud ninja?"<i></i>The Senju would tease. it was more than clear what she wanted, but there was no fun in that was there. No. She was going to make the kid work for it. "Oh do you mean your little illegal activities? Hmmm.... I see no reason to really keep it to myself."<i></i> Saya would shrug, hiding her smile away behind a mask of a neutral expression. She had to at least get something out of her wasted time after all. "What is your name, girl? Don't like to me I will quite easily know if you do and I will be able to easily find out what it is if it comes down to it. After all they would get it out of you if I drag you back to the authorities.... or rather back to your group."<i></i>

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Unsure how the lady planned to hold her onto her promise, Shizuka didn’t dare to ask about it. The last thing she needed right now was for the older ninja to think that she wasn’t being serious. Who knew what type of spells and traps this woman possessed? Shizuka sure as hell didn’t want risking angering her again. So, she kept quiet, nodding slightly abashed when it was expected of her.

“Well..it’s one activity, I’ve bought the apple,” she tried to clear up any misunderstandings, as if it would make things better. Having mumbled mostly there was no telling if she had been heard. Not that it mattered much, that what she feared the most was already being used against her now.

“You don’t need to drag me anywhere,” There was a bit of a whine in her voice, she glared, but the lingering fear turned her furious look into one of worry. An angry kitten was still just a kitten. “it was just a game, I meant no harm, it’s like.. a bet where you play tag and the winner keeps something hmm,” she tried to explain, gesturing with her hands a bit now that the wood and vines had disappeared. It left her open, vulnerable. That didn’t stop her from gently arguing her case, though.

“Okay, maybe it wasn’t fair, the other person might not really be aware of the ehmm.. game. But, I won’t do it anymore!” Nodding, this time a bit fiercer, and with a small pout crossing her lips, she then continued. “My name is Senju Shizuka, I am a student of the Cloud.”

Puffing out her chest a little bit while announcing both her name and origin, she kept her back straight as to appear somewhat taller. There was visible pride in the way she stood, and the way she had spoken. Regardless of the troubles she would be in should this lady decide to make things hard on her, Shizuka would try to keep as much of her dignity intact a she could.

“I don’t think that you will gain much from telling anyone, but I’m aware that I am in no position to stop you should you want to.” Trying to keep her expression as neutral as possible she knew that it would still take her a long time to master a complete poker face.

Uka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
5EE9853F3E25D9703213D53D669038DC54FA137D

Saya wasn't paying attention to a rather large chunk of what the girl was saying. She could summarise it all into two words - guilty child. Nazno was literally the same when he ended up doing something he shouldn't have. Honestly it didn't surprise her that it was a common trait. Though her attention was spiked with one single word. That was all it took.

"Did you just say Senju?"<i></i> Her expression growing fully neutral as she narrowed her eyes slightly. Now this was a rather interesting development. Saya didn't know about any other Senju being around outside of Suna. Not even those in leaf remained. Could the Overlord be unaware? No that was not possible. He had to have decided to keep this quiet. The question was why? No. These were bad thoughts she shouldn't even consider doubting her master.

It was more than safe to say she had stopped listening to the girl completely as she took a couple of steps forward before beginning to circle the child, studying her carefully, yet keeping her distance. The little rascal didn't seem to have any of the traits of the main family, then again the only reason Saya had them was because... no it didn't matter. She was a side branch member. Nothing more and nothing less. She wasn't qualified to be a full member. "Where do your parents come from, Shizuka? Were they born in cloud? With that name they couldn't be... or could they." <i></i> The older Senju would stop with her back turned to Shizuka as she continued asking questions, most of which were directed to herself rather than the girl.

"Interesting. Oh wait. Where are my manners."<i></i> She would finally stop and turn to face the girl, bowing. "My name is Senju Saya and I am the groundskeeper of the Senju compound in Suna."<i></i>

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With how stubborn the woman was chances were slim that her explanation would actually change her mind regarding the matter. Somehow Shizuka felt that the lady had already made up her mind and was simply prolonging her suffering for her own amusement. The idea rubbed her the wrong way, but there was very little she could do about it. Where power could solve things she unfortunately didn’t have enough of it.

That’s why she enthusiastically nodded as to confirm her name. Any distraction from what they had been going over would do. Even if it contained an odd type of glare followed up by confusing type of studying. The way she circled her had Shizuka feel slightly threatened. Again she prepared for an incoming attack. Unsure of what to expect she held her breath with eyes widening and fists tightening.

“They were born in the Cloud and so was I.” Stretching the moment she watched the lady’s back. The thought of running now while she wasn’t looking was a persistent one, but she was too curious about this change of behavior to leave now. Too fast her curiosity was taking over and keeping her in place.

That’s why when the woman turned she awkwardly stared at her until her name was dropped like a bomb. “Senju?” The kid blinked stupidly while letting her eyes remain where they were. A couple of moments later her brain processed the bow and she returned it without a second thought.

She couldn’t really say that it was nice to meet her, but that didn’t take away her overflowing curiosity about the Sand’s Senju. From what she heard the Leaf had been the one to have Senju, at some point in time. “I.. didn’t know there was a Senju compound there..” Did that make them.. far relatives?

“Does that mean that you guys eh.. came from the Leaf a long, long time ago, too? Do you have family myths?” Were those stories the same?

Suddenly seeing the woman in a whole other light, she found herself attracted to her. Now it was time for Shizuka to circle Saya. Like a little satellite she quietly walked around the taller Senju. They weren’t alike, but that didn’t mean they couldn’t have similar blood. “Saya-san, does your family wield wood as well?”

Uka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Born in cloud?"<i></i> She would repeat as a question more to herself than Shizuka. That likely meant they weren't relatives. Very few Senju ever left the village and even few would join another village. The case of the main branch was somewhat special and she didn't quite understand it. That meant that either they really weren't related or her parents were from some side branch. None of the main branch could have possibly done what she says they did. Interesting. She had to report this to the Overlord later. That was for certain. For now it was time to gather information without giving out much. Her target was a child so it should be quite easy. Curiosity could easily be abused.

Saya would finally stand up straight after her bow, offering the kid a smile. "Senju indeed.<i></i> She would repeat, making it come across clearly and throwing the figurative hook out. Judging by the rascal's reaction it was more than clear that it had worked. "The main branch no longer resides in Konoha after the village was destroyed almost ten years ago. We now reside within Sunagakure. Or at least what is left does."<i></i> The older Senju would explain, relaxing her stance in an attempt to ease Shizuka ever so slightly.

"Are there many of you in Kumo or just your parents?"<i></i> She would ask. It was time to get a little information out as well. She chose to ignore the latter part of the girl's question as those stories were already more than widely known, considering how active the clan had been in the defense of the village ever since it was first created."In terms of mokuton not many from what I know. From recent memory I can only really think of one person and he is around your age."<i></i> Saya would pause, pretending to think. She knew full well who it was, seeing as how she had been looking after the boy for a rather long time at this point. "Yes only he. I assume that your parents use it as well based on the way you asked?"<i></i>

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Yes, they were both born in Cloud, but it’s my dad whose family is Senju. My mom’s branch is from the Cloud, well, as far as the records reach.” Nodding again, she wasn’t sure if she was giving out too much information but at the end of the day she hadn’t revealed her mother’s name. Besides, Saya must have already known from the moment Shizuka introduced herself that one of the parents, if not both, was a Senju.

“As far as I know it’s just my dad’s family.. so, I don’t think that there are a lot of us.” Having relaxed a bit when Saya had, she hummed while trying to recall meeting anyone with the same name who wasn’t related. She couldn’t. Perhaps some small Senju family with no talent for molding chakra lived somewhere else in the Cloud, but it wasn’t anyone she was aware of.

Still circling Saya with leftover enthusiasm she almost forgot that the woman was dangerous. Obviously she didn’t appear to be family either. So Shizuka took a step back, coming to a halt in front of the lady. “My dad can, he’s the one who’s taught me.” Now that she thought about it, not every of her relatives who was a Senju could actually use the wood release. Before she had figured that it was their lack of skill. Right now, she wondered if not all Senju did possess the ability. Perhaps the name was one thing while the blood was another. Did that mean theirs wasn’t dominant? Or where her grandpa’s brothers not his real brothers?

“Did he.. teach himself then?”

Still slightly confused with the idea of her family not being a complete family or.. not being a family at all, she frowned. Now it was only natural to try to figure out more about the other Senju.

“Is the compound large? Are there a lot of … you, there, in the Sand?” Wide-eyed and already dreaming of meeting more of them, she wasn’t even sure why she wanted it but she clearly did, Shizuka looked up at Saya. “Are you here on your own?”

Uka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"I see. So either during the events or before that."<i></i> Saya would nod in response. The girl's father might either be classed as a traitor or alternatively the same as the remainder of the clan. He clearly didn't follow the main group, however there is also the possibility that there was no relation at all. She had to bring it up to the overlord for certain.

"That isn't that surprising. When Konoha fell around ten or so years ago a vast majority of the population was destroyed or scattered. Very few people got away unscathed. My mistress mentioned that none of her peers survived or were still missing."<i></i> She would nod, pausing for a few moments as she considered how to continue. These were rather harsh topics, especially for a child, however this child was a shinobi, something even Saya wasn't.

"It does always help to have a teacher. I can't say that Nazo had that sort of guidance. Far from it."<i></i> The older Senju would pause again, thinking for a few moments. "I suppose his only real guidance would be the academy and myself, even if I can't really teach him anything. I am not a shinobi after all."<i></i> Saya would leave it at that. The girl would likely question the latter, but she would deal with that as it came. In a tug of war for information it was better to keep what you say in check.

"Not as big as the one in leaf was, but sufficiently large. The garden might be a bit too large, but this is coming from the person who has to tend to it every day."<i></i> She would offer a light smile. What she had said was true in some regards, but at this point it was Nazo who had taken over most of the garden work or rather he had been forced to. Oh the benefits of having your own subordinates, even if you had to raise them. "Judging by the way you worded things you don't have a real compound in cloud then?"<i></i> She would ask

Senju Shizuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Your.. eh mistress?” Slightly confused about that Shizuka found herself thinking to remember a ‘master’ being mentioned. To her it sounded odd, so she didn’t really hide the raising of her eyebrow. However, what caused her to appear even more shocked was the idea of Saya not being a kunoichi.

“What?” she mumbled, a huge wave of questions already rushing toward her lips, but didn’t get far. The questions would need to wait until Saya was done talking about the garden being too large to her liking.

Slowly things were starting to fall into place. Still, she wasn’t quite sure why this lady would call anyone mistress or master. Perhaps if they were her teachers of sorts it would make more sense, but as it was now it sounded like they were a family. To the little Senju from the Cloud that was weird.

“No.. we eh, we don’t. Everyone just has their own place and.. gardens.. and stuff.” Hesitating, she paused a bit, not wanting to give out too much information while not wanting to tell lies either. If she believed it to be true then it was fair to say it she figured in the end. Then, a long hum escaped her lips while she put together the questions she just had to pose.

“You have to be a kunoichi, you’re..you’re skilled!” Well, that wasn’t a question, more of an accusation. Not that she thought that Saya was really lying, she kind of figured that the woman was just being ‘shy’ about her abilities. That truly was the only way Shizuka could understand her effortlessly handling her while saying she was not a shinobi.

“And that must be hard for him, the nobody can help him out with learning about Mokuton, I mean. I hope he’ll figure it out by himself.” It was nice to be able to grow trees, to form things out of wood or vines. Doing so always brought Shizuka to rest. A deep sort of calmth reigned over her whenever she let the jutsu of that particular type work. It was relaxing.

“Oh, why do you say ‘mistress’? Aren’t you all family? Or.. hmm.. at least relatives?” Curiously peering at Saya from two steps away she put her hands in her side pockets. Round and cold the coins pressed into the fingertips of her right hand. She was reminded of the change she had with her. It should be enough for a couple of cups of tea. Surely two wouldn’t cost that much.

Taking them out, she opened her palm to show Saya its contents. “Want to drink some tea?” That way she would be able to question her more, hopefully with success. Yeah, that sounded like a good idea. Curiosity drowned all of the previously felt fear and most of the remaining cautiousness.

Uka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It wasn't really surprising that the girl couldn't really believe that she wasn't a ninja. She had never attended the academy nor had she really been a shinobi back in leaf. Over in sand she had shown her abilities and been given a temporary rank, mainly because of the power of the Overlord and her closeness with Nagato. It wasn't as if she had taken part in any real missions so far. "I am not a member of the main family and have been raised to work as a groundskeeper. Normally I would not be one at my age, however many people of the side branch perished when Konoha fell."<i></i> Saya would note, ignoring the age of her conversation partner once more. She wasn't used to holding things back at all. Her description was likely lacking, but she wanted to refrain from calling herself a maid or anything of the like, even if that is essentially what she was.

"So more of a split community in that case rather than sticking together. I see. It does make sense if one was to move into a more modern society. Some traditions to only seem to drag us down, even if I personally believe a compound is a much better idea."<i></i> The older Senju would note, raising her left hand up to her chin, cupping it as she wrapped her fingers around it. After all if things were to go that way what would she end up doing? Looking after the members of the clan is what she was used to doing. Her purpose.

Unfortunately Shizuka didn't seem to want that topic go. If somebody said they weren't something you wouldn't really question it too much would you? Then again this was a world built upon lies and deception, therefore one couldn't really blame her about it. "I am not a shinobi no. I have never attended the academy nor have I been taught any techniques, therefore Nazo will be perfectly fine by himself. With his ability he might be able to become a part of the main clan someday..."<i></i> Saya would trail off, losing herself in thought for a few moments.

"Either way... judging by that question it seems that things are handled quite differently in cloud. We are related yes. I would be a distant cousin to the Overlord, however I do not have a developed chakra network. I don't have my own chakra to work with. As such I am not a part of the main family and perform the duties of a servant. Nazo is doing the same due to some... circumstances., but I will leave that to him to explain if he wishes to."<i></i> She would nod. It had been a long time since she had been as chatty as she had been. Maybe a break wasn't that bad a thing. However this situation was somewhat beyond her ability and understanding. It was something she had to bring up to higher ranking members of the clan. The Overlord himself for one. If he didn't know about this it might be something he would be interested in.

Being lost in thought, Saya completely missed the first part of the suggestion, quickly figuring out what it meant. There were very few questions that could end in 'some tea?' after all. "Certainly. There is no reason to be standing around in an alley somewhere. I do believe I saw a decent-looking cake shop not too far away in one of the quieter areas."<i></i>

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back