Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open No Time to Waste [Requesting Med-Nin]

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
There was a lot of Kazu's mind as he limped his way back towards the hospital. Having just left the Takahashi household earlier, where Kazu had taken part in a most interesting discussion with the Steward of the village, the young boy still had a plethora of thoughts swirling around his mind. Not even the difficulty of operating the crude wooden crutches was enough to slice through the miasma of mental dissonance plaguing the young boy.

'I can't believe it,' thought Kazu. 'All this time... all this suffering... right under all of our noses...'

Kazu had just learned of a large and coordinated effort in this country to perpetuate the buying, selling, and trafficking of humans. Kazu could hardly believe it. He'd grown up with lessons of respect, virtue, and pride; he'd always been taught to honor your opponents and your enemies alike. He'd known that such practices had surely happened in the past, but had never thought such an atrocity could still be occurring! It sickened him.

A knot of white hot anger began to form in the pit of the young boy's stomach as he thought back to the children he'd seen in that underground lab, those few short weeks ago. He thought about the meek looks he'd seen them wear. He thought about the countless bruises and injuries they'd had. As Kazu kept limping his way towards the door to the Omni Prime Medical Facility, the handles of his crutches began to creak under the impossible strain of his tightly clenched fists. His pale white knuckles reflected the anger worming inside of him.

The doors to the hospital slammed open louder than anyone inside would have normally expected them to. The only circumstances to warrant such expediency involved people who were dying or critically injured — Kazu, while banged up, did not fit either profile. Many of the staff who had surely turned to look through pure instinct dismissed the boy and went back to their work. The receptionist, however, continued to stare Kazu down as he approached her desk. Such an intrusion could not be taken lightly.

"Young man! This is a hospital, not some theatrical stage for you to gallivant across so obtusely! Keep that in mind next time you think to-"

Kazu's open hand came crashing down onto the desk in front of him, scattering a couple of loose papers the receptionist had yet to properly put away, cutting off whatever was about to be said with a mighty *thump*. There was no mercy, nor remorse, nor patience, nor understanding present on the young boy's face. Only rage. Horrifyingly intimidating, seething, rage. His words came out slowly, sounding heavy and authoritative, and seemed to imply that the young boy expected total acquiescence. The fury lurking in his eyes didn't hurt, either.

"I have no time to waste. Get me a doctor, now." His gaze never left the receptionist's eyes, as if he intended to forcefully dominate and beat down every ounce of defiance left. "Shinku Kasen, if she's available. If not her, then whoever can get here first. Tell them I've come to be tested — tell them I'm here to begin my training."

[ooc: This thread takes place right after [this] thread.]

Last edited:

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Things lately had felt incredibly taxing. Every day was starting to feel more and more irrelevant than the last, but somehow Kasen still managed to convince herself to come into work. She often found herself handling paperwork for the hospital and managing staff complains, primarily ones that focused on the need for more hiring or raises to doctors and nurses that put in extra hours to keep this place running, but she was able to still get around to helping patients or performing orthopedic surgeries. Sometimes she was even able to work in some time to work on research projects that had been shelved some years ago.

Still though, her mental state had really taken a turn. Her fiance had suddenly disappeared, perhaps having undergone a private mission as head of the rangers. Then she had not seen her brother in ages after the small rift that had occurred when they realized they were starting to venture down different paths of life. Kasen felt alone. At least the hospital gave her something to focus on. It allowed her to realize that there are problems far bigger than those that existed in her personal life.

Giving a sigh, Kasen glanced down at the thick folder she had in her hand. It was Tama's folder. While many people still seemed to find his company unpleasant, there was something about the man that always brought a smile to Kasen's face. He was a stubborn man, but a brilliant one. His ethics were a bit...questionable, but it was obvious he had a passion for his field of interests. The blue haired doctor at least could respect him for his tenacity....and it was a bit funny that she had managed to find a way to work with him. As she looked over his file, she frowned. She believed he had taken their agreement to heart, showing up to work and putting in extra hours with patients, some cases he even oversaw on her behalf. He had just recently stopped turning up at work again. She tried to track him down again, as she once had before, but when she returned to where his trailer once was, all that stood was an outline where it had once sat, the markings slightly worn away by the wind. Asking around town only seemed to get her mixed answers. Hushed slurs and gossip that twisted into outlandish stories and rumors of the 'mad' doctor. It led her nowhere. Times like these, she wished she could ask Kaen if the organization he worked for had any intel.

She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose and lowering the folder back on her desk. She quickly signed off an authorization on a few more pieces of paper and called for Amanda, her secretary, to make sure it was properly filed and sorted, should the doctor ever return. Despite not knowing where he had gone, nor if he would return, Kasen knew in her heart that the doctor deserved to stand beside her as an equal, even if he had done questionable things. Should he return, he would find himself a Medical Chief of the Omni Prime Medical Facility, fit with his own surgical ward and pristine office.

After reminiscing on her thoughts for a few moments longer, Kasen decided to take a walk through the hospital to stretch her legs, maybe grab a snack. She waved to a few fellow colleagues as she passed them in the halls. As she neared reception, a slight commotion caught her attention. She rounded the corner just as she heard her name on the young man's lips. A tired grin formed on her face as she recognized her adopted nephew, Kazu. The receptionist, Hana, also seemed rather upset and several papers were strewn on the floor. Hurrying over, Kasen would place a light hand on Kazu's shoulder, sheepishly looking at Hana. "My apologies, Hana. I'll take it from here. How about an extra 30 minutes to your lunch break and a free meal in the cafeteria on me?" The receptionist gave one final look between Kasen and Kazu before nodding and collecting her papers. She then scurried off into a room in the back.

Turning towards Kazu, Kasen resisted the urge to crush him in a hug. Finally, a familiar face! However, when she was able to analyze him a bit more than then initial first glance, her brow furrowed in concern. He appeared to be favoring one leg, and his body language was riddled with tension. His face was set into an expression she had only seen on a handful of people in her life, eyes missing their normal shine. This was not the same boy she had first met. "Kazu, what's happened?" Kasen whispered it only loud enough for him to hear.

[Topic Entered with NPC-Kasen]

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The young boy's stare continued unabated. Eyes locked on the receptionist, Kazu was in no mood for formal frivolity. He would wait, insistently, until she met his demands. Fortunately, it seemed Kazu would not need to wait long.

When he felt the light touch of a hand on his shoulder, Kazu turned stiffly — as if reluctant to break eye contact with the receptionist, Hana — to find the one person he was so incredibly relieved to see. "Auntie Kasen!" The young boy, whose tone and body language had been brusque and commandeering, broke out a warm smile that seemed to bring a touch of his youthful innocence back to life. "Thank Legatus! You have no idea how great it is to see you!" His body seemed to relax. The tone in his voice was gentler. He was once more the high-spirited kid Kasen had first met over a year ago.

Except for his eyes. Hidden behind his toothy smile were eyes that still seemed to be locked onto something out in the distance. A thick fog had set in them, clouding Kazu's heart, closing off his deepest feelings from being shared. Those eyes still felt hollow, haunted, and possibly even hostile.

"Kazu, what's happened?" The young boy had not noticed that the receptionist had left. What he did notice was Kasen's concern. It was in her tone. It was in that look she was giving him. It was in the way she spoke in barely a whisper, so that only he could hear her. For some reason, her concern shocked Kazu in a way he hadn't expected. 'I don't have time to be gentle,' he thought. 'I need to learn how to protect them!' Still, he supposed he did owe her some sort of explanation.

"This?" He said casually, looking down at the bandages running up his legs, his torso, and the significant amount of bruising all along his arms, neck, and face. "Oh, that's nothing. I guess I mostly did it to myself, if what I've been told is correct. To tell you the truth, I honestly can't really remember it much!" He tried to laugh, but it was a weak attempt at best. Awkwardly, he scratched at his nose to cover up his embarressment. "Kaen-sensei, Daijamitsu, and myself were out on a mission, you see. We ran into some trouble — a hunter, who had roughed up some kid — so we followed him back to his base. When we went inside...we found...well..." As the memories came back, Kazu's chest began to tighten. His throat closed up. His heartbeat shot up. He could feel his fists tightening, threatening once more to snap the handles of his wooden crutches. He tried to swallow down these emotions, but could not. They hurt too much. He felt like he was drowning. Hyperventilating, Kazu grappled with the memories in a desperate attempt to remind himself that none of it was really happening.

The next thing he knew, Kazu had slammed his fist onto the desk counter in a fit of rage. He didn't remember doing it. But the pain helped, somehow — at least he knew the pain was real. It helped to ground him. Focus his mind. 'It isn't real,' he thought to himself. 'It isn't happening. Stay here. Keep talking.' Slowing his breathing back down to a normal rate took some effort, but after a few moments Kazu had managed it. He looked back up into Kasen's eyes once more, trying to ignore the concern he could see there.

"They had tortured them...there were dozens of them in there...none any older than me...being prepared to be sold off...they were like cattle to them...I couldn't control myself when I saw that...and..." His fists unclenched. His whole body slumped. Kazu looked broken, feeble, and meek. But most of all, he looked so incredibly sad. A single tear slid down his face, dropping down onto the pristine floors, as he struggled to hold himself together. "Auntie Kasen...can we go somewhere private?"

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Looking down at Kazu, Kasen's brows drew together in concern as he disclosed some of the reason that he was here. Kaen didn't disclose much of what he ran into when he was out on missions, it was above her clearance level. Kasen didn't specialize in village security, she merely patched people up and didn't ask too many questions. Kazu had apparently been involved in one of Kaen's missions, in part as to why he was here. Kasen remained silent, listening to him as he composed and verbalized some of his thoughts.

The blue haired doctor watched the tension roll off him as his body language portrayed the severity of the situation he had bared witness to. She was slightly startled when he slammed his fist on the desk. She raised her hand to offer him more comfort but something stopped her from allowing contact. She pulled her hand back, placing it inside one of her pockets. As he turned to her, she could still see the shadows that lie within his eyes. Like all those years ago...Children being taken, kidnapped, tortured. Kasen could feel herself slipping away, the familiar quiet sounds of the hospital slipping away, the room becoming fuzzy and losing it's clarity only to be replaced by the depiction of bars. She could hear the screaming of the other children, the smell of the other test subjects kept inside the cage, the laughs of the doctors that swore they were on the brink of brilliance. Her chest constricted, a sense of fear washing over her as she was thrust back into her childhood, trapped, experimented on, hopeless. No....not again...three....three good things...think. Kasen closed her eyes, trying to tell herself that those memories were just that...memories. She thought of her future with the man she loved, the feeling of his hand in hers and the vibrancy of his smile. The second thought was quickly shifted to her work, her profession and her success, how she had earned the highest of merits in her field and that her purpose helped so many people. Finally, she honed in on her small little beach house, and all the things she had made and acquired, the friends she had met, the place they had built to avoid the harshness and cruelty of the world.

Managing to calm herself, she shook her head, opening her eyes, and releasing a breath of air she didn't realize she had been holding seeing herself inside the hospital once more. Kazu appeared to have let out some tears, he looked so young and vulnerable. This was no time for her to lose herself. Taking one final moment to compose herself, Kasen placed a hand on his back once more and ushered for him to follow her. "Come with me. We can talk in my office, away from prying eyes and ears." She wouldn't say much as she made her way towards the office she had not left but moments ago, her thoughts still drifting. When she drew near it, her assistant, Amanda, stood and had a look of concern on her face, but it was hidden behind a well composed visage as she noticed the company with her. With her eyes, she conveyed a subtle question to the doctor, asking if everything was alright. Kasen gave a small nod and opened the door to her office, holding it for Kazu to enter. She quietly shut it behind her, a small click the only indication she had done so.

Her office was still fairly empty, she had changed it up over time, but she still maintained her glass desk that sat in the middle of the room, littered with small stacks of papers and pictures of her and Kaen, a newly added one of her and Riyota. There were two larger comfy chairs that were in front of it. One an adjacent wall was a small white soft and a bookshelf that was next to it full of topics ranging from oceanography to orthopedics. Even if her office was composed of mostly glass walls so that she could overlook the hospital workings, there were blinds that she quickly drew down to give them some privacy. A moment later, she took a seat behind her desk, allowing for Kazu to choose wherever his preference seating was. Kasen rested her head on her hand, looking at him with a sad expression. "I am sorry that you now bare the weight of the atrocities that were committed by others. That's part of the reason I became a doctor, you know? Help people instead of adding more harm to the world. I don't want to ramble too much, but I promise that even if things seem really dark now, there are people out there that want to make things better. You can always talk to me, and I will always try to shoulder some of your burden." Kasen opened a drawer in her desk, and pulled out a small candy bowel, placing it on the other side. It had a little bit of everything, but sometimes it helped. She said nothing further as she waited to see what Kazu needed from her.

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kazu didn't remember moving his legs, but somehow he found himself being whisked through the hospital. It was like a dream, everything blurring into one another, as Kazu followed Kasen down one hall, then through another, until finally he heard a door close behind him.

Looking up, he saw a simple office with a glass desk in the middle. Framed photos bearing the faces of those dear to Kasen — including a younger version of Kaen and a more recent depiction of her huband, the Ranger General, Riyota — ornamented the industrious workspace, as well as a few neat stacks of papers. The walls were decorated by several bookcases, which seemed to house a wide variety of subjects. It seemed to Kazu that he had practically floated towards one of the large cushioned chairs situated in-front of her desk. Sinking into the chair, and unconsciously placing his two crutches to the side, Kazu found himself a lot more at ease in this environment. Closing his eyes for a moment as he took in a deep breath, Kazu felt — if not completely in control — a little more stablized.

"I am sorry that you now bare the weight of the atrocities that were committed by others. That's part of the reason I became a doctor, you know? Help people instead of adding more harm to the world. I don't want to ramble too much, but I promise that even if things seem really dark now, there are people out there that want to make things better. You can always talk to me, and I will always try to shoulder some of your burden."

Her words washed over him like a cool wave of water — refreshing, and soothing, she made him feel a bit calmer. Grabbing hold of his thoughts, and his intentions coming here today, Kazu managed to find his voice somewhere beneath all of those swirling emotions.

"Auntie Kasen... I want to become a Medical Ninja. I want to be like you." His voice sounded weak, spent, and exhausted. His face looked tired, and there were deep frown lines which marked his face in ways she might not have seen before. But his eyes, sad as they were, seemed alight with conviction and purpose. "I... I can't sit back and watch something like... that... happen, ever again. I won't sit by and let it happen. I want to fight those who would cause that suffering, and help those who need saving." Kazu took a moment to breathe, to formulate the swirling vortex of thoughts that was his mind into an intelligable sentence. When he opened his mouth again, some of that conviction hidden behind his eyes had seeped its way back into his voice. "I want to make things better, too. I want to help people. Please, train me to be a Medical Ninja."

Kazu suddenly realized he'd been leaning forward in his chair, and forced himself to settle back. As he began to sift through the tumultuous emotions which had possessed him earlier, the pain of the injuries throughout his body began to make their way back to the forefront of his awareness. He would be regretting it very badly if he didn't find a way to relax.

As he settled back into the chair he looked to Kasen for some indication of what she would say. He hoped that she would take him seriously.

[OOC: Sorry for taking so long on this one. Back on the horse again, and going to try to stay on for a while.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back