Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

No Warning (Tutor/Trojinta)

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
One important thing to pass his test was to be able to interact as normally as possible. That would have been easier said that done if he had been able to do such a thing from the beginning, but years of isolation from the rest of the village was not exactly helpful. Still, donning a normal red jacket over his black shirt and pants, and combat boots, Uri went straight to the academy grounds. He stopped short at the entrance as he watched the building. Funny and strange… he was never admitted there and yet, there he was, off to get his part of the job done by seemingly mentoring an aspiring genin. Well, mentoring would be pushing it too far. For today, it was merely an assessment class.

He quickly headed out to the training grounds in a part of the obstacle course. Though in the same area, it was relatively isolated from the rest of the grounds. He chose an arena type place and stepped into the middle of it, glancing about. The open roof was a nice touch, as the sight of the moving clouds overhead made him feel free. He wasn’t claustrophobic; rather, he simply hated not seeing much of the outside world. Oh, and because it would be nice if there would be a bit of rain to suddenly come pouring at that moment. He’d been wanting to walk under the rain for some time now. Something to do with nostalgia in his former home.

In any case, he would feel someone approaching the entrance and figured it was the student that the academy had assigned for him that day. Without much of a warning, the moment the student enters the arena, he would be greeted by shadow tendrils rising from the sides and assaulting him, relentlessly. Uri would simply stay grounded at the center without any movement or explanation, though his eyes would no doubt follow the student. And throughout this, his chakra pulse would not be short of anything threatening.

[WC: 337]
[Post: 1/5]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was a normal start to the usual day of Ryuichi. It started with his usual morning routine of waking up, bathing, then cooking a fish his dad always left for him from the previous day's catch. He wouldn't say he's particularly good at cooking, but he's done this enough to get down the usual skills of skinning, deboning, then either frying or grilling the fish with some salt. After turning the simple blue fish into two grilled cuts of light meat he stuffed them both into two pieces of bread and started eating on his way out. At this point in the morning he would normally meet with Chiomi and walk together to take classes, but today was special.

The previous day at the academy he was told that he was chosen for a day of tutorship to help him better grasp the direction of his personal training, and to understand how overwhelming a real shinobi can be. Strange wording considering he was going to have someone who was OBVIOUSLY stronger than him teach him the ropes. 'Will we have to fight? Wait, didn't someone say people have died in the academy? IS THIS WHY!?' Her thought to himself before realizing he had walked to the academy gates without even noticing the passage of time.

"What if this isn't training at all....maybe it's a test? Right. I think if I go into it with that mindset then I'll at least be praised if I'm wrong." He says to himself before clenching his fist. He then turned towards the location he was told to go to and thought of some kind of plan.

'I don't know the clone jutsu just yet...shit, if I had gone the extra mile and prepared for something like this I'd have a decoy.' He thought to himself, looking around for some ideas. He knew that his chakra signature would be a dead giveaway, so he couldn't just throw a plant and expect a response. if anything he'd get scolded. At this point he only had one option. With no jutsu, no extreme training, and no idea if he even had a good idea on what the hell was going on, he just needed to try SOMETHING. And he began now.

Every little step going up to the rooftop was under visual assault by the young pre-teen. He was looking for trip-wire, tags, or anything else suspicious. even going as far as to stop for a minute to make sure no paper was hidden inside of a decently sized crack in one of the steps. To anyone who saw him they'd call him crazy, but he only thought of it as being prepared. He can't let his guard down. He can't allow for himself to get injured again like he had in the past. If he did then his own future would be screwed.

So he made it. All the way to the end of the stairs. he reached for the doorknob and flinched. What if a tad or wire was set to go off with the handle turning? He answered this question by taking off his normal attire to reveal his loose, ninja gear that he used for training. The first thing he did was swing open the door and throw up his clothes to shield from any explosion tags, or gases.

Instead he was shocked to be met by shadow tendrils that quickly started attacking him from his sides, which was not what he had in mind. He was caught off guard and quickly dropped his coat, reaching to close the door, thinking if he cut the line of sight from himself and the.....the man. He was standing there perfectly still, not a single word or explanation coming from him. This kind of guy did NOT seem like a mentor. He seemed like the kind of person who would pretend to be one just to get his kicks out of killing kids. And considering Ryuichi quickly found a tentacle slam into his left side, he couldn't continue the thought. They kept going at him from all directions, and he was barely able to black a couple. He shuffled towards the door and tried to close it before locking eyes with the man before him for the first time. He was hit with all of the tension, and apparent menace in his gaze and froze. He NEEDED to react.

Something told Ryuichi that closing the door wouldn't mean anything. These tendrils were going for non-lethal blows for the most part (despite the pain) and this guy could have gotten a kill at any point. He knew it would be something along these lines, but he had already failed. First thing to do when spotted by an enemy above your level...is usually run. He managed to break free from one of the tendril's assault and tried to push through them. But this guy....he wants to see what I do.

[WC: 828]
[Posts: 1/5]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Uri raised a brow at the boy’s reaction. He didn’t really know what to expect. Perhaps some form of resistance? As the boy did so, he would be surprised when the shadows would suddenly disappear, seemingly vanishing into thin air. Though not before tripping him along the legs and possibly causing him to crash. At that, Uri made his first move – a grin. Then, as if to spite the boy, he would smile and raise a hand, pointing a finger upwards.

At that very instance, there was already a gathering watery sphere above the boy, spinning along in the air as it hovered. Then, if the boy would dare to look up, eyes would appear in the water before it began for a torrential descent towards him in the form of a three-headed serpent.

What was the aim of this class again? Wasn’t it assessment? So, he just needs to make sure that whatever happened was enough for him to make a discerning judgment regarding the boy’s abilities. Collateral damage was always part of life. And if the boy did die, then that was that. He was simply too soft for the shinobi life.

Right?

Only one of the serpent heads would crash down at the boy, pretty much out to drench him and wash him along the grounds and off to the sides before the rest of the water jutsu would dissipate. Then, Uri would produce a small notebook from his jacket’s pocket and uncap a pen to start writing down some notes.

[WC: 255 + 337 = 592]
[Post: 2/5]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryuchi was first relieved when he seemingly slipped past the mass of tendrils only to be met with one last goodbye from those god forsaken shadow-noodles. He was tripped easily due to him already losing balance and found himself face first in front of the unknown man. He let out a hiss and quickly went up to his knees before noticing Uri's raised finger. Ryuichi's very first thought was that it was a trick, but immediate reactionary habit kicked in and he looked up to see the torrent of incoming water. He shot himself up on his feet and tried to find some nearby cover. Sadly the only things close enough wouldn't have helped.

When caught up in all the thinking he could hear, and see the massive water serpent coming at him. He reacted the only way he could think of, and bolted towards the one who's causing all this. Of course he didn't get too close, but hopefully some of the rushing water would go towards the man.

But when it hit he regretted even thinking it was a good idea.

It slammed into him with enough force to push him down and knock the wind out of him, causing him to try and breath out of instinct only to choke on water. He forcefully spit out any water he had left in his mouth and attempted to stand back up despite the rushing water. He slowly rose up, only being able to get into a crouching position before finally being able to get to some open air. He gasped, and coughed before using all his might to get himself out.

When he did he was soaked, and breathing for air. He felt like that jutsu was a bit weak despite the shock he felt when it initially hit. Was that maybe just...him not being ready for it? It FELT like he was slammed super hard. As if smacked with a hammer at full force, but that was partially the impact of falling. He just wasn't ready for it. It was his mistake.

The boy coughed up some water, and took one more deep breath before looking up at Uri past his messy mop of wet hair. Maybe I should sound a bit confident? He thought before grinning.

"My name Is Otani Ryuichi. I'm glad to be here for training. When does it start?" He said, slightly regretting it right afterwords. If he got too cocky he would just get crushed...but what else was he supposed to do in this situation?

[WC:828+424=1252]
[post:2/5]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Training?" Uri repeated the boy's words while not sparing a glance. He was intent to finish whatever he was writing on his notebook before finally putting it aside. "I'm sorry but you seemed to have misinterpreted the situation. Today was not a training day. It's what you'd call a culling. I hope you know what that means."

After that, Uri slowly circled the boy like a predator would, eyes dangerously set upon his prey without so much of a room for mercy. His fiery red hair was almost signalling the blood that would come coursing through the boy's body should there be any unnecessary resistance. Anything was futile. That was the message being related to the latter. After all, whoever said becoming a shinobi was all good and cheery?

"Otani, was it? I regret to inform you that you are not worthy to become a shinobi. Your lack of presence and seemingly scattered mind would only be a detriment to the village. Instead of an asset, you would be a baggage. There's no need to pursue this any further. If anything, I'd suggest you use whatever brawn and overconfident sense you have into other areas. Maybe you'd do well to become a carpenter." With that said, Uri turned around and was about to start walking to leave. "Now, with this over. I'll be handing over your result to the academy. One less useless mouth to feed and worry about." He added with a tap to his jacket's pocket where the notebook was kept.

He wondered if the boy had any intuition and how would he play this part of the game.

[Post 3/5]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Training. Culling. This could be nothing more than a better ninja wanting a running target and it wouldn't matter. Ryuichi was here to improve, and that was going to happen. Even if the only improvement were the callouses that formed afterwards for tougher skin it would still be worthwhile.

But those thoughts were blown away at his next statement. 'What is he doing judging someone so soon?' he thought with gritted teeth before standing straight up and running his hair back across his head to prevent it from getting in the way. "And?" He says, visibly annoyed. "I have room to improve. That's why you train, it's why you join the academy to begin with. Hell, it's what drives most shinobi to become better. Without improving then everything would be an immediate loss or victory." He looked around to see the soaked area around them. Kinda amazing how the red-head was able to do this without even trying.

"But I'm willing to do this. I'm willing to get better. I know I can get scatterbrained, and I know my reactions are terrible, but...I need to get better. To protect the people here. All of Kumo. Isn't that enough reason to try?"

Ryuichi then just looked at Uri. If this ninja wanted to just say that and leave they'd be gone in an instant. They wouldn't waste time to gloat and just walk away if they had duties, or personal things to do. They had the ability to just....vanish.

Of course Ryuichi could be wrong, and the kumo-nin could just be a mouthy jerk. In any case, he made his point.

"So why not let me? I'm willing to die...." He hesitated. "I'm willing to die just to get strong enough to be a ninja!" He said, as a clump of wet hair came loose and slapped the corner of his eye, sticking to his face.

This sounded like the most basic, thoughtless reasoning to be doing this, but it was the truth for him. When he was little he just wanted to be a ninja for the cool powers and all the fighting. But when he got his leg injury his mindset changed. There are lives to live here. People who want to just have happy lives with dreams. He almost died before he could see his own play out, and he doesn't want that to happen to anyone.

But regardless of his motives, all he was waiting on now was the response of the ninja across from him.

[wc: 1252+419=1671]
[post:3/5]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy was like every other of his age. Very much hopeful. Though there were the occasional few who were more angsty and rebellious, this kid in particular was at least one of the ones he was unsure how to feel. His defiant attitude and easily mouthing off the willing to die for was very much foolish. “Willing to die?” Repeated Uri before his very being would vanish from the boy’s sight.

It happened quite fast that maybe the boy would not even have noticed it until what he could only see was the moving clouds through the open roof of the arena area. Hard wet ground was behind him, coursing a cold sensation throughout his body. The air would have been knocked out from him though that would have been pitiful. An unimaginable lack of strength would pervade throughout his body and whenever the boy would feel the need to move, he would realise that such a thing was impossible. It felt like something heavy was standing on top his body as he lied on the ground, unmoving. Moreover, he could feel that he would not even be able to sense his chakra’s pulse within his body. Slowly, only his senses remained as the pain could intensify as the crushing force was against his chest.

But nothing was there.

In that exact moment when he would try to even move his head, he would realize that there seemed to be an invisible force stopping his every movement. And so, he was left only to stare at the moving clouds overhead. That was until Uri would walk into his view, looking back down at him, and with a dangerous kunai held just overhead.

“You seem to think that a silly boy who is willing to die is enough of an answer. If it’s so, I can let you choose, would you want to be killed by a kunai falling straight and into your skull? Or would you rather all muscles in your body stop moving, including your heart? Either way is a form of dying,” he said, not a trace of amusement in his eyes or tone. “Ah, but either way, you’d still be willing to die, so I shouldn’t delay your agony any longer.”

With that, Uri twirled the kunai and threw it, before grabbing it with a perfect grip and plunged into a downward thrust. It would swift, after all, he was just a boy. It would be merciful, at least by his standard. And it would be all over soon, at least the boy could try again in another life.

Not a sound escaped his lips. Not even a breath. Not even a heartbeat. The kunai stops short just a centimeter from the boy’s open eye. In through his other eye, he can see Uri’s own unflinching expression, one that seemed to suggest that death was something he knew all too well.

“Don’t think that a shinobi’s main mission is to protect. It’s not. Don’t romanticise it too much. And a shinobi willing to die is of no use. If we need sacrificial lambs, there’s a lot around, but shinobis are not one of those. That would be a good waste of everything we’ve put an effort for. This is why you fail to even aspire as a shinobi because your very notion of one is far from the reality,” Uri said as he drags the kunai above the eye and grazes the skin until it tore and scars the boy’s head. But of course, the only thing the boy could do was feel the pain, not even allowed to scream as his entire body’s movement was locked. Small amounts of blood trickled to the side of the boy’s face. “There. You just died. So what now? Can you protect someone when you’re dead? Don’t spout nonsense when you don’t even know how to live.”

After that, Uri struck the kunai down into the ground next to the boy’s head, nicking a bit of his ear, though plunged into the surface of the dirt. “There. You died a second time. Now, you’ve truly become worthless. Nothing more than a statistic. Not even a name.”

Then, Uri would stand up from where he was kneeling next to the boy’s head. He then began to walk away. “Come back when you’ve really thought through why you want to be a shinobi. All I see right now is just a boy who doesn’t know what to do with his life and wanted to become an important someone. But he’s too blinded by his ideal that he doesn’t even understand that he is empty inside.” At that point, the binding jutsu that ruled over the boy’s body would disappear as Uri walks out through the door of the arena-like area.

[WC: 800 + 271 + 592 = 1,663]
[Post: 4/5]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When the tanned boy fell to his knees he felt an instant sense of terror. This was like having your lungs instantly pop inside your chest, and gravity deciding to make you regret living at the same time

This reminded him of the accident he had as a kid. The feeling of being alone with only fear for your life keeping you company. Only this time he was met with a kunai to his eye.

He felt pain all over. Crushing, painful, unbearable pressure hitting him from all over. He needed out. He needed to get out of here!

“You seem to think that a silly boy who is willing to die is enough of an answer."

'No...It's not. I just-'

“Don’t think that a shinobi’s main mission is to protect. It’s not. Don’t romanticise it too much."

'Maybe not, but it's my-'

"And a shinobi willing to die is of no use. If we need sacrificial lambs, there’s a lot around, but shinobis are not one of those."

'...'

As his thoughts went silent, Ryuichi was met again with a new pain. This time a kunai cutting into his head. He wanted to yell for help, or to scream at the top of his lungs but the most that could come of it was a silent, hoarse exhail of air that just made his breathing problems worsen.

The man's next words struck a cord in Ryuichi. The simple phrase "Now you're dead."

With that, he knew what he wanted to do. He knew how to become a shinobi that even he, himself would be proud of.

When Uri stepped away with the kunai in the dirt, Ryuichi carefully stood up with shaking legs. He was breathing like crazy, and couldn't even speak. He simply grabbed the kunai and slowly stepped in towards Uri.

After a few brief moments he had caught enough breath to talk in this rasphy voice of his he said, "No...."

He held the kunai in front of him. "I don't care what the mission of the shinobi is. MY shinobi goal is to be a defender. Someone the village can see was a pillar. Someone who inspires, and makes sure the people of the village are safe. I won't throw my life away so easily. If I do need to go down I'll at least leave a nasty scar or two. Not like this piece you left." He gasps. "This thing won't even be visible."He runs his finger over his bleeding cut.

The boy then throws the kunai beside Uri's right foot. "Train me. I don't care if I have to go through this every single day if it means reaching my goals. This isn't death, and it shouldn't even be treated as coming close. Because I'm still alive. I can still be a living idiot who wants stupid things." He admitted. "And that's the freedom I want everyone to have."

[post 4/5]
[wc: enough]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He heard the boy rise. He didn’t even need to turn back to sense the boy’s recovering chakra pulse. Nor did he need to dodge as the kunai that was thrown landed just before his right foot. He stopped on his tracks as he heard the rest of the boy’s words.

“Ara ara… the boy sounds like someone I know,” a female voice resounded in his head.

“Yeah, someone we both know,” Uri sighed. “All the more reason I-“

“Worry? But you’re stronger now than before, right? Chika wouldn’t mind. She always believed in you.”

“I see.”

He was pretty much keeping to himself, not a sound escaping from his lips as the brief exchange happened within his mind. Then, as he would turn to glance at the boy, there was something different about Uri. Silhouettes formed before a misty gather of blue light ignited into blue flames that danced around his being. Small tongues of fire seemingly perched on his shoulders as he kept his red eyes locked to the boy.

“You’re right. True death is knowing who I really am,” said Uri.

There was a brief explosion to the corners of the arena-like area, something fell from the wall. Cameras, it would seem. Then, without so much of a word, Uri closed in the gap with a step. So quickly he moved that it was almost like a teleportation jutsu, but it wasn’t. And as he stood in front of the boy, his blazing blue flame encroaching and forming a large ring that encircled them both inside, he stared down at the boy. “I can’t even let the academy know who I am. That’s how much of a danger I’m known for. I don’t even exist to the public. And so, if you really want to die, then remember my name, Eru Uri. Remember my face. Remember my flames.”

Then almost instantly, the flames blew away leaving no trace. Not even the embers that perched on his shoulder. Uri reached out a hand and placed it on the boy’s head. “If you’re so hung up to becoming a shinobi, then don’t be late next time. I’ve got other things to do after all. You can decide what kind of shinobi you want to be, but I promise you, it’ll not be as you expect. It’s not that bad either.” As the hand falls to the side of his face, a strange sensation would run across the boy’s head and the bleeding fade away. “You’re very much like her. This will be a hassle. Oh well…”

He then flicked the boy on the forehead and turned on his heels. “Tonight at the mountain’s edge. Don’t chicken out. I’ll boil that blood of yours until you feel nothing. And maybe by then, you can tell me again, what exactly it is you want aspire. I’m still not buying your justice at the moment.” He stopped short from leaving as he seemingly remembered something and glanced back one last time. “Oh right. I’m just a regular jounin. I’m bad with talking. I’m bad with bureaucracy. And my name’s Aoi… okay?” He waved at the boy before jumping out through the open roof and disappearing from sight.

[WC: 536 + 1,663 = 2,199]
[Post: 5/5]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The red head took out all nearby cameras in an instant, causing alarm in Ryuichi. Now whatever he did would be hidden from everyone. Right now they were in the dark. The blind spot of anyone who watches over the cameras

It was a scary, cold feeling, knowing the man in front of him had all the freedom in the world to show off his power. His blue fire left it's glow reflecting off of Ryuichi's wet face, from across the training ground. Then, in an instant he was surrounded by the flames, and confronted by Uri. Face to face. Eru Uri. A man with blue flames, and what seems like great control over several elemental types. He was a terrifying man, and wasn't afraid to show it. Ryuichi clenched his fist and nodded, not letting the determination leave his eyes.

However his rock-solid expression did fade when he was touched on the head with what seemed like no ill-intent. The fires faded, leaving no burns anywhere, and the bleeding on his head stopped. Did Uri heal him? Before he could feel for himself, he was met with a finger to the forehead that caused him to step back and flinch.

He looked up, and rubbed his forehead and nodded. "I'll be there, Aoi-Sensei." He says just before the man jumps out of sight. Should he have yelled? Probably not. He did have the trained ears of a jounin-level ninja after all.

However Ryuichi's thoughts were broken when he heard someone new enter: One of the academy teachers. He would then proceed to be scolded for the property damage, and destroyed cameras before being let go.

He had never wanted to sleep more in his life. Every muscle felt tired, torn, and useless already and Uri wanted to meet again hours from now. All Ryuichi could do was lay down on his bed and wait for nightfall.

[thread complete]
[WC total: 2,468]
[post total 5/5]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back