Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

O Captain my Captain [Requesting Hokage]

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The new Leaf Sennin approached his bosses workplace with confidence and annoyance. He was lowkey Umashi left him to get to Fire Country by himself, considering he'd never been. However with good navigation from Gamakichi, Yuuto and Hoshi managed to make it there pretty okay, with Yuuto towing his entire workshop and life on his vessel. Plus Hoshi was slow as a driver, but didn't have the aid of the chakra source the Sennin had either. Regardless he was here now, and it was time to get to work.

His hair was faded with a triple tram, had your boy looking right, the platinum blonde hair vibrant as ever, his bronzed skin glistening, and his three eyes wide open and perky. Yuuto's attire was black leather body armor, with black and gold pants, and a white undershirt. He was carrying a white mask with three eyes and the face of an oni on his hip, this was old mask which he brought to make a clear statement where he wished his talents to be directed to however this was covered by his jacket. (Although he would open the jack to reveal this clothing to Umashi, he had nothing to hide from his new Kage). He also wore one case on his back, of course his puppet was inside the main form of his offense.

The Sonic King entered the doors of the Hokage's Mansion, the attendants downstairs instantly turning their heads to observe the newcomer. Yuuto peered around until he saw the receptionist desk to which he would walk over brandishing his new Leaf Passport before he got there. "Hi, I'm Masaru Yuuto, foreign Diplomat for Konoha and Kumo. I think the Hokage should be expecting me ..." the receptionist checked his schedule and proceeded to grab Yuuto's passport to inspect. He politely handed it back after verifying it was authentic and showed his rank as that of a Sennin.

"Well sir I don't see your name on any schedule but I can definitely call up there to make an appointment, the Kage is going to be very busy since his return from his long voyage."

Yuuto stared at the receptionist, and closed all three of his eyes. He smiled before saying his next words, "Oh that's perfect I can go help him." he began walking to a sign that gave directions to the Kage's office while the receptionist tried to stop Yuuto. He however would shoo him off because he honestly didn't care what the guy had to say. He'd begin to jog down the corridors and up the stairs slipping around people until he reached Umashi's section. It wasn't a light jog, I mean the Mansion was five stories tall, afterall. He was sure by now the receptionist had called the Hokage and told him that his new Sennin was on the way up. So when Yuuto reached the office, if he saw Umashi or even had to knock on the door, he'd say with some coolness and promptness, "So is part of your faux bet that I come up here and help you sort through the mass of paperwork I'm sure you're gonna be doing? What's up Umashi." he hoped he could break even with his new boss and get to know the man he was working under. Little did he know, the pair had so much more in common than simple work.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Looking up from his paper work, Umashi broke out into a cold sweat. "Hey bro, sorry about that. See what had happened was . . " His voice trailed off as he held up a finger and filled out another few boxes on the paper that needed his attention. Finding a good stopping place, he finally stood up and walked from around the desk. "Yeah, sorry about that. I'm not one for long distance traveling when it comes to land versus water. Alas, at least you were able to make it through the gates well enough. I did leave my instructions quite explicitly on that note." Dressed in a more medical than Kage robes, Umashi's earthy toned skin looked as vibrant as ever and if one looked hard enough, they'd swear that he seemed to have not aged a day since returning from Kumo. Not that it had been that long since he'd left and returned but for a man clearly in his fifties there was hardly a grey hair in sight and he was physically more fit than most men half his age.

Moving to stand in front of his desk and lean on it, he opened his hands as if to imply that what he saw was what he got when his eyes spied a book that he'd grabbed for research when he first got back. Grabbing it, he turned it over and once and then twice before handing it over to Yuuto. One the front cover there was a black crescent moon shape while on the back there was a pure white circle. Bound in a thick brown leather, while the outside of the book appeared to be old, the pages were crisp.
"I think that that third eye of yours might be of some use to me more so than you filling out paperwork. I found that book while looking up information about previous Hokage." Motioning towards the book, Umashi shifted a bit as he more sat on his desk than stood and then motioned towards an open seat for Yuuto. "I don't know, there's something about that book. Every page appears to be blank but I'm able to feel words the page, almost like a chakra form of braille. The only thing is that I don't read braille and this book has no apparent braille dots."

Closing his eyes and remembering the words that were apparently present on the page, Umashi began to recite some of what he remembered. "Apparently it's about an old clan called the Uzunami. They were something like a band of misfit sea faring star gazers who were really about the cycles of the sun and moon and the effect that they had on the ocean. Now this may all be my interpretation of something that I can't exactly read with my eyes but I believe that it said that they could influence the very tides themselves as masters of gravity but that just seems like a bit of a stretch. Most gravity users can barely push a person around, much less influence the planets tides. Why, if you could do that, you could influence balance of the planets ecological systems." Opening his eyes, Umashi held somewhat of a skeptical look on his face but at this point it was then that he looked to Yuuto to make some sense of things. "What say you, good sir?"

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Umashi began to apologize, stopping himself mid sentence to finish some work. Yuuto patiently waited, but he refused to stand still. He'd move his index and middle finger controlling two chakra strings to pull out a puppet arm from his waist band. The three eyed shinobi normally kept puppet parts on him, while others found their solace in a sword or a bow, Yuuto was far too picky for that. He loved combat and learning all new aspects, the greatest thing about Puppet is that they could imitate anything if you engineered it well enough. Regardless this puppet arm had a hidden blade in its wrist. The puppeteer would reveal this blade, while digging in his own back pouch to pull out a medicine bottle and a plastic tubed cigar. He opened the medicine bottle, which would immediately cause a skunkish smell to hit the air. He breathed it in delightfully before using some fancy wind elemental technique to contain the wafts of aroma around the bottle and its contents. He didn't want the Kage's office smelling like .... this.

Next Yuuto would untube his cigar and use the blade to split it down the middle. He'd empty the tobacco guts back into the tubing before flattening out the arm to make a floating table of sorts. He'd tap on the mouth of the bottle, knocking down green buds into hands that resembled a bush. He'd begin to break apart the buds until they were fine, and then he'd place the grindings onto the roll of cigar paper. Yuuto starting tucking in one end of the paper tugging on the other in order to re-roll it. He'd apply saliva to edge in order to seal it. Once finished with the rolling he started to fish for a lighter so that he could dry his "Fred". However when his three eyes looked up he saw Umashi standing up and walking towards him. "Oh my bad, I didn't plan to smoke it in here just trying to dry it off." he'd awkwardly put his tool back and place the dutchie on his ear.

Umashi would start by apologizing for leaving them high and dry but explain that he didn't do well on that kind of travel. Yuuto would simply nod while the Hokage, who was in more medical garb than anything, walked over to his desk. "I don't blame you, who knows how long you were cooped up in Cloud, you just wanted to be home right? No biggie, by the way your Anbu were very on point when I got here. Timely and professional response, gold star for that guy, whoever it was..." (Aha did you get it?) He'd watch the brown skinned Hokage rummage around on his desk pulling up brown leather book, and while the leather was worn out the pages felt brand new. Yuuto listened as Umashi began to speak about Yuuto's third eye being put to better use than paperwork. He felt that this book was hiding mysteries, as if it had chakra coming off of it like a coded message. "Unfortunately I don't read braille bumps either. But if you say you feel chakra coming off of this thing ... [Yuuto would begin using Chakra Sense] Oh what's this? Definitely a chakra signature, but it's very faint and well hidden. This is ... really odd." If not for Yuuto's experience he could have very well felt nothing coming off the book. He was impressed by the level of mastery this item had woven into it. However there was interference like a much larger chakra source that permeated the entire room. He stared at the Kage for a moment trying pinpoint the source of chakra but only getting the reading from around the room.

"Hmm I also don't think my third eye has the power to decipher something like this. My eye more so boosts my mental abilities along with my focus. However .... [He'd give pause] I have the unique ability to well ... [He'd pause much longer this time] Hrm since you're my Kage I suppose you should know. Kumogakure has a system set up to enhance their shinobi through Forbidden Techniques and help them control it. For me I was once what some would consider a Dark Sage, a necromancer. However I've always had a Forbidden Art inside my very genes. I possess the unique ability to absorb genetic material and traits of others. I recently possessed the Sharingan and the level of hidden depth that eye holds is immense. Yet the Sharingan's chakra vision cannot even hope to compare to that of the Byakugan. It just so happens that my pupil, Hoshi, is of the Hyuuga lineage. I will "borrow" his Byakugan and use it to read the hidden contents of this book or at least try to see if we can get a lead going on how to unlock its secrets. Were you able to get anything from the book before today?" He'd place the book in his belt pouch, well between his waist and the belt, so that it sat snugly with the Sennin. While he did that Umashi, closed his eyes as if he was trying to recall something.

"Apparently it's about an old clan called the Uzunami. They were something like a band of misfit sea faring star gazers who were really about the cycles of the sun and moon and the effect that they had on the ocean. Now this may all be my interpretation of something that I can't exactly read with my eyes but I believe that it said that they could influence the very tides themselves as masters of gravity but that just seems like a bit of a stretch. Most gravity users can barely push a person around, much less influence the planets tides. Why, if you could do that, you could influence balance of the planets ecological systems."

Yuuto stared wide eyed at Umashi, for he was impressed that while the man couldn't read the chakra hidden words he felt them. When asked what he thought, the three eyed sennin let a toothy grin show while he explained his own feelings on the matter. "Well for one I say I am interested as hell. However I also think about the downsides, one has to ask themselves why would they hide this book? Why did they go through such lengths and what secrets did they possibly have to hide? All in all I'm concerned about where this may lead, but It only makes me my curiosity turn to excitement. But that doesn't make me back down, it makes me want to see the words more. Why if this Uzunami Clan holds secrets to how to control Gravity, I may be able to enhance my own Gravity Ninjutsu far beyond normal standards. How were you able to do that though? How did you know what some of the book was saying without reading?" On one hand he could have been an amazing talent, but on another hand, what if he was a complete loon?

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Umashi shrugged at the question about how he was able to do what he was able to do. "No idea. I was born to slaves aboard a pirate ship. The most that I can tell you is that whatever they passed on to me has allowed my black behind to look far younger than my near sixty years of age. Heck, I don't even have a real name! Umashiashikabihikoji is something I picked up in passing because it seemed less cruel than the other derogatory names that I was called."

Looking more to the direction of the book, Umashi tried to find the words to explain how he was able to sense the chakra and read it without being able to fully see it. "Yeah, I don't really know how to explain it. I guess you can liken it to having your hand on a lever that controls the flow of water into a tub. At a certain point you just know how much pressure, how much pushing or pulling that you need to apply to it to get the amount of flow that you want. It's like knowing how to write without having the lights on or being able to feel an orange peel and know what it is without having to lay eyes on it."

Pointing towards the book, Umashi went to the most basic of ideas that he could muster for expressing how he was able to figure out the book. "Imagine if someone raised the letter of a book just ever so slightly off the page and they were large enough to feel them. You could figure out a character or two, enough to figure out if your name was there or basic sentences. With enough practice you'd be able to pull that off even faster than simply stumbling around. I don't know if that book called me or if it was a fluke that I picked it up but the connection that I'm feeling with it gives me the feeling that it's been a long time since anybody read those pages and understood the story that they really told and I aim to be somebody who understands it." His sincerity shining through hopefully, Umashi would cross his arms and shrug again as he waited to see if the verdict would be that he was a bit of a quack or a genius on the verge of discovering something new. Hopefully it would be the later but they'd probably need a doujutsu expert soon enough since neither of them could figure it out.

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"From the looks of this first clue, aiming to be someone who sees it will probably take a lot of trial and error. I can bring this to my Workshop and get started on designing a way to get through whatever chakra coding this book has. A simple Byakugan won't do the trick but it will be a good start, with my student Hoshi we can both scan the book and aim for getting through but we're going to need a lot of chakra for that. Maybe you can come by and help out." It was an invitation for the Hokage to get his hands on some valuable information, a chance for the Sennin to do the same and experiment on a new artifact. Things of this nature were some of his favorite plays, they allowed him to learn more about this never ending, evolving world. Yuuto realized that he was only a speck compared to what was truly out there.

He decided to move into another subject considering something Umashi said caught his ears. "You know I want to go back to something you said. You were born to slaves on a pirate ship? What area did this slave ship come from?" Yuuto began to move around to the side of the table tracing his finger on the desk. He'd stop on the edge, and examine the specks of dust that he had just collected. As he cleaned his finger, he spoke to Umashi in a almost somber tone. "Who were the ones that held your people?" After the his new boss responded, Yuuto would move away from the Hokage's desk and fish around in his robe for a pendant that had a Lobster claw on it. He'd show it to Umashi and disclose a little information.

Vedcapea .... I don't expect you to know that name. It is the official first name of my ancestors, we were the People of the Cape. We lived on a coastline of a central country, but we were visited by a fairer skin folk who wanted our assistance with hunting, gathering, building, you name it. They offered weapons, crops, and livestock and we thought that our people were going to a rich society and some were sent while others went elsewhere or stayed behind, but the life they promised ... well that that wasn't further from the truth. So we found out just how evil people were, slavery is the light term for it, but if I'm guessing correctly you know what that means on a deeper level. However my ancestors endured this a long time ago and at some point my great .. uh probably 11th or 10th Great Grandmother escaped and attained her freedom. It's a really long story how they did it, but when I met with a large portion of my family my grandma told my how the Masaru came to be. From the Vedcapea we met the Masaru who were a Native Tribe of wanderers in throughout the country. Our people merged with their tribe of Hunters who introduced us to a new form of power in Ninjutsu, while we introduced them to our Magic. Eventually we were able to form a union with the Masaru, and in order to escape our pursuers we dropped our origin name and acquired the Masaru one. This happened so many generations ago but my kinsmen were sticklers with keeping our history recorded, although some of it is altered by some opinions but it's all about perspective." He'd stop blabbing about the history of his clan and inquire about both of their people. He wanted to finish expressing his thoughts, but everyone needed to take a break to breathe and allow someone to interject.

"Do you ever wonder just how much people had to go through and how different their worlds were. I can only imagine all the sacrifices that they had to make. All the blood they had to shed to make it. Huh listen to me ramble. I don't plan to bore you with history and all that all day. I did want to discuss a few things, to be honest I'm not quite sure what you expect out of me in this position. I mean I know what the paper says, I know what the lawyer in Kumogakure told me, I know what the Raikage expects, but I don't know what you Umashi expect out of me. I feel that this title of "Sennin" of Foreign Diplomacy is quite literally a waste of my talent and ability. I have been trained under the wing of Medical, Main, and ANBU Sennin alike. I have been in Kumo's intelligence Agency Ogre, I have been in their very first Medical/Anbu Joint Program. I have worked with many new branches and extensions that Kumo has thought of bringing some type of fruition to each venture. Before taking me I from Cloud I had just been released from Prison for whistle-blowing about secret conversations and deals Hayata Shin was making with people like Miroku Akkuma a demonic Dark Sage who was curse sealing students and citizens alike, while plotting to bring the demon world back. I blew the whistle on the Harvesters under Keiji, who were illegally taking the biological data of deceased allies without seeking permission or notifying their kin. I didn't like what I saw and the direction my village was taking, Shin allowing Isaki Hoshikata to waltz back into the village and get to close was his final error, he should have heeded us when we warned him.

I now run the Harvesters, or rather we're reviving the program under my new research and direction which will drift away from using our family and friends as lab data unless they wish it. ... In short I have an extensive resume, but far as I can see I'm just pushing papers right now. I'm a monster and demon hunter, I am a war veteran combat medic, I am trained in the administrative duties of Medical, Main and Anbu branches, and I am an S-Class Shinobi. I need to be doing something that can help the Konoha more, I want to be useful."
He'd end his speech there, positive that he made his point. He wasn't just boasting, rather he was establishing the lengths he had endured and gone through to get to this point. He needed his new Kage to understand what kind of Shinobi he was allying with.

[MFT]

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Listening to Yuuto's words, Umashi could tell that he was a man who stood by his convictions. Of that, Umashi could appreciate. When he mentioned about the workshop and getting down to the business of figuring out what was going on with the book, Umashi had to agree that that was best. "Yes, please do look into that. I definitely want to see about getting that done quickly. The sooner that we figure out this book, the better." While Umashi might have thought that he'd stop there, Yuuto questioned about the people who had held him and the Hokage gave due pause. His mind flashing back to that experience, Umashi mentally rolled over a number of years and the early portion of his life. What had happened to those ones who were holding his family captive. He knew quite well what had happened to them but he wasn't pressed about spelling out exactly where they were. Dead men told no tales and as far as Umashi was concerned, they ought not be telling anyone much of anything. "Who they were need not be mentioned. That matter is done with." The answer was brief but logical. There was little reason to go digging through certain portions of history in exact detail if one could avoid it.

Hearing of the fate of Shin, at least that detail was picked out and filed away for processing later. If Shin had been a little smarter then perhaps it would have been him that Umashi would have been doing business with. As it stood now, seemingly avoidable risk had been the end of him. While Yuuto spoke, Umashi let the information wash over him as he was one keen on using people where there strengths were best used at. Fortunately for Umashi, Yuuto had a great deal many strengths and Umashi would lean on him to use those to the full while he was in Konoha. If Yuuto was trying to further endear himself to Umashi then it worked, and as Umashi stood up to excuse himself, he reached out a hand to shake Yuuto's.
"I've very interested to learn more about this harvester program of yours. We definitely could put that research and technology to good use here. I'll be having a meeting with the village Sennin in short order. Please be available for that, although I'll need to also ask you to definitely put a rush order on figuring out that book too. Call me a bit hungry for knowledge." With that being said, Umashi would definitely seek to end the meeting while he could so that he could start preparing his mind towards the task of reforming the Sennin structure in Konoha.

OOC: Topic Left Unless Stopped.

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuuto bowed to Umashi putting the large leather book in his own belt. He didn't have an extra bag but this would do. Then the Sennin, took back out his rolled up cigar. "Oh I'll bring you more results than you thought possible that much is a guarantee." Yuu began to leave the office with a smug smile, he was feeling good about this new project and his new boss. Over all Konoha had been so kind and it was only Day One. Now he had a very important business meeting to attend and he couldn't be too late. He'd spark up his blunt before getting out of the Hokage's door and start sining. [color=#8000BF]"You can plan a pretty picnic but you can't predict the weathhherrrra - "[/color] That's right he's singing Ms. Jackson on his way out while smoking his herb. Gotta keep the Stank levels up.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back