Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Old Memories and Old People[private]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shimete was walking around inside the Torre Celeste on guard duty. It was when she was patrolling the second floor balcony which overlooks the lobby, she notices from outside the window she could see the sun rising thus foretelling the near end to her shift. She was grateful to see the blazing ball beginning it journey across the sky for it was a long quite night. It was then a familiar figure enters the building. It was a member of the Nigiri clan like her and not any regular member at that. The Nigiri clan were servants to the Tsubaki clan and this particular person was a handmaiden to the head of the Tsubaki clan. To see her without her master was most unusual. Curious as to what was going on she kept an eye on her. Even from a distance she could see the woman so precisely Shimete could read her lips if she would talk.

The woman was dressed like a maid very much like she use to dress. Shimete feels a pain in her stomach like as if someone punched it. Seeing this servant alone brings back old memories she very much rather not remember. Even after five years, the loss of her master still haunts her to this day. He was her purpose in life, her reason for being, and he was forced to leave. Separated like this it was unlikely she will ever see him again. Shimete grabs tightly to the railing as her hands becomes jittery. "Get a hold of yourself. You are on guard duty; you must not show weakness. Just focus on your work." She commands herself, but it was easier said than done. Some wounds never heals despite the passage of time, but it is lucky for her the mask on her face hides the pain written all over it. So desperately she wanted to turn away and forget she even saw this reminder of the past, but she forces herself to continue to look and study her. She must know why this person was here. She must know why she had such a sad expression, a familiar expression. She knows that face for she worn it herself. It is the same lifeless expression as when she had loss her master. Shimete was now becoming concern. What happened to the clan? Where is her master? The servant was an aged woman as old as the head of the Tsubaki clan himself. Wrinkles covered her body and a cane kept her balance. The sound of here footstep echoed in the nearly empty halls. She walks up to the front desk and rings the small bell. Soon the third shift receptionist will greet her.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The third shift receptionist greeted her and ushered her inside the office where Nobuyuki was waiting. The masked man turned to look at her with an unseen expression.

"I hear you have a mission you would like to hire the village to do. Please provide a synopsis of what you need done, when you need it done by, and any other pertinent information. And please explain why you have requested the ANBU branch for this mission? Should I deem this mission satisfactory, it will be completed with the haste you require. Otherwise, I will refer the mission to the main branch." he said. He wasn't a man of idle chit chat or stories.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The old woman takes a seat and tells her request once again. “As I have told the receptionist the Head of the Tsubaki Clan died recently. There are no clear signs of murder, he seemed to have died naturally, however a man of his authority requires an investigation. The Tsubaki clan believes the Anbu would be better suited for this mission. As for time you have a week to complete your investigation; after which the funeral progressions will begin.” The woman was not going to even bother telling him it would be impossible to inspect the body afterwards because digging a body up from a grave sounds wrong on so many levels. Tsubaki’s however cremate their dead and bury them in intricate vases. “I must warn you that vandalizing the body is strictly prohibited also is removing the body.” These rules will likely make things a challenge since autopsy is out of the question.

Outside the office Shimete continued on her patrols; she still had an hour left on duty. She was mulling over what the servant said to the receptionist. The head of the Tsubaki Clan did make enemies quite recently. He was planning on reinstating his exiled son back into the clan. It is a little more than coincidence that he died before such matters could be carried out. Because women cannot lead the clan, the title would fall to his younger brother. However the deceased clan head’s oldest daughter does have supporters and is willing to remove such customs. It was clan politics at its finest. Then we have the resistance in the Nigiri clan. The few that wish to be free from Tsubaki rule; they might have a hand in this as well. It would be an interesting mission indeed.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nobuyuki fiddled with a pen in hand while she spoke.

"A man of his authority?" questioned Nobuyuki within the confines of his mind. No, she had come to the wrong place. He shook his head.

"I am sorry to hear about your loss, truly. However, with no signs of foul play, and how he seemed to have died naturally, I cannot commit resources from my branch to this mission. The ANBU are no longer a policing agency in the village; our new Raikage has changed that. We exist to combat the worst threats the village will face, and nothing less." explained the Sennin. "What I can do, is make it easier for the main branch to receive this mission. I'll fill out the reports and send it to the main branch sennin's office, where he will assign some of his shinobi hastily. Does this sound acceptable?"

Nobuyuki felt for this woman and her family, but it was his duty to lead with the directive given to him by the Raikage. This meant making decisions he wouldn't personally have made.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The old woman was quite a bit embarrassed at her little faux pas. She has either forgotten or was unaware of the change in the Anbu missions. "Oh forgive me. My memory is not what it used to be. I apologize for wasting your time like this and would be most grateful if you sent my request to the appropriate channels." The Nigiri servant than got up and left the room. A couple of minutes after she left there was a knock on the door. Shimete had a few words on the subject herself. She felt to be the best candidate for the job, though her lack of presence in the office means she was unaware the mission was not accepted by Anbu.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The knock caught him by surprise as he had no other meetings that day. He got up and moved over to the door to open it, only to be faced by a masked ANBU of his own branch. He welcomed her inside and returned to the desk to continue with paperwork.

"May I help you?" he asked, unsure of her particular callsign.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shimete gives a polite bow, "Excuse my disturbance Matsuura-sama." With Nobuyuki welcoming her inside she graciously enters with her canine companion following shortly behind her. Though welcomed, she did not sit down but remained standing. "Sir, I am aware of the mission that has recently came to your office." Shimete pauses for a moment trying to figure out how she was going to make this request without overstepping her bounds. "With your permission sir I would like to join this mission. As a member of the Nigiri clan I can investigate without raising suspicion, sir." Izumi just shake her head and rolls her eyes. Shimete was just to serious; in her mind Shimete needs to learn how to loosen up a bit and that work is not everything.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nobuyuki was irked by the use of his name. Yes she was ANBU, but she shouldn't have been ignoring protocol. He would wait until after to remind her.

It seemed she was personally involved with the mission that had just walked out his door, the one that was slated to be completed by the main branch. It wasn't unheard of for ANBU to take part in regular missions under their old identity after all. She raised a valid point that Nobuyuki thought on for a moment. He had just one question for the young girl.

"Can you operate without bias regarding this matter?"

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
If it wasn’t for the mask covering her face the senin would see her give a little smirk at the question. “I’m Anbu sir.” Hopefully this does not get her in trouble for being smart, but despite her current range she has been quite a professional anbu. For the most part her old self died and her job became her sole identity. There is no reason for her to be biased; it’s just another mission. An anbu does not let one’s own feeling get in the way of completing a mission for such weakness is not suited of this branch.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nobuyuki smiled. "We are not infallible just because we work harder and take on harder missions than the rest of the village. Our humanity is both our best strength and worst curse. I only asked because of the interest you took in the matter. I will pass along my recommendation to Kogami-Sama regarding your participation. Im sure your information will be of use. You are free to go." He finished, looking down to continue his work.

"Oh, and keep in mind that outside of the sileo we only refer to each other by call signs. Do not use my name ever again." He added in a very calm, but malice tone.

[Topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back