Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[Open] Finding Friends

Manami Aiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After her stroll from a few nights ago, Aiko had decided that in order to become strong, she needed friends. However, she'd never had friends before, except her parents if they counted. But, she figured that if she wanted friends, then she should go to a place that had lots of people. Therefore, she decided to go to the shops, and try to talk to some people.

The shops were as busy as usual, and the shelves were fully stocked with goods. Though the people of Cloud weren't unkind, they certainly didn't have time for a nine-year old girl walking around aimlessly. She had approached many people, but each had either turned her away, or given her disapproving looks. One woman had even grabbed her and asked around for her parents. Aiko dismayed at how hard it was. Wasn't it meant to be easy? It was meant to be a natural human instinct. She sat on the nearby bench by herself, and sighed.

All the other children at the Academy had lots of friends. It was actually interesting to see how they grouped. They didn't congregate as she though they would, in elemental affinities, but rather in family bonds, like the Akimichi and Nara children, and in ability groups, like ninjutsu and taijutsu users. Aiko didn't have any family to speak of, and though she used ninjutsu she wasn't good enough to be friends with anyone yet.

Through the crowd, a figure approached her. She didn't notice until they were close, but when they were, she looked up.

Horigome Sukejuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Cloaked in tattered garb like a ghastly apparition of death unto itself, bone white metal sheathing his face, Sukejuro traced step after step, pacing back and forth like a scavenging bird as his eyes beheld the people beneath him, such as, he figured, their lofty reputation which pegged him socially inferior were it not for his status as a hidden dagger to be disposed by the village or was it more of a common as dirt sword to be lost, tossed away in the heat of battle to be replaced? A crooked smile tempted wide by his inner thoughts before a great weight yanked it back down. Pleasure? Happiness? IT was luxury he once fooled himself into believing that he could afford, an expense he felt he had once deserved.

Sukejuro furiously shook his head, scratching underneath his chin with a retractable razor that knicked and cut at the flesh which was hidden beneath the mask. Kiyo’s death…was an absolute reminder of his true place in this world, beneath the soil, beneath the mire, he was utter trash to be trod upon and nothing would change. Still, he shrugged, considering his place, it would make it that much easier to elevate others to positions he himself would be…ill suited for. Was it reason that was surfacing for the first time in many years? No, sane men did not teeter on perilous ledges, sane men did not look down at people below in a means to somehow put himself on their level.

Sane men did not eye out every face, looking for a shred of kinship he might forge when most of his relationships be they platonic or…well, platonic, end in tragedy in which he is solely to blame for them. The inner voices, they called out, the sung their wicked chants and the call for adrenaline to purge them was set forth. Leaping forth as the sides of his cloak billowed forth it was the glint of a regular armory of weapons that stood out from the polarizing black and white attire that might draw the eye as he caught as draped clothesline briefly to slow his descent as his soles crashed onto the panels of a sloping rooftop, flats of his feet skidding down as he struggled to maintain balance.

As his body began to turn and contort a certain way he gave himself to fate, wild grin hidden away by the skullish mantle of his mask as he tilted back and began to kick his legs up, managing to land on his feet and narrowly avoiding the snap of his neck and mere feet from a young woman. “Young one, why do you stray alone in a tide full of sharks?” a males voice would call to her from the figure that had just arrived from the sky, back facing her before he turned “Though somehow I wonder, if your teeth aren’t sharper?” He would ask, face utterly concealed by a metal helmet which wrapped around his entire head with what appeared to be hoses afficed to a skin-tight leather coif which wrapped up to seal with the helmet.

Greetings young one, I am Chuunin Sukejuro, tell me…do you crave blood? If not, damn shame, no one ever says yes.” He would titter off without so much as shaking off the notion that what he said was not particularly appropriate

Manami Aiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As she looked up, Aiko saw a man - if he was even that. His body was not his own. Rather, it was a combination of metal and man. His arm was metal, and his face was covered by a slightly dirty white mask. He carried an axe and his hand had sharp claws attached to it. The man was scary, to say the least, but Aiko recalled something her mother once said; never judge a person by their looks, ever. Although she felt uneasy, upon closer inspection it appeared that he was in fact more uncomfortable here... Or so it seemed. She couldn't really be clear about anything here. Although she had just been desperate for friends a few moments ago, Aiko did wonder whether this was what friends were like. Did they all say such strange things? Did they all dress weirdly?

Still sat down, Aiko steeled her nerves. Even though he was strange, he didn't emnate as much power or authority as shinobi she had met a few nights ago. He didn't try but he was terrifying and his very aura was malicious by nature. Not counting him, she hadn't talked to someone for quite a while, and she'd never talked to a stranger before, so Aiko didn't know what she was supposed to say. She could hardly ask him how his life was going, or whether he wanted to go and get dinner. So she thought, but then she realised some thing else. Though most of his body was covered by clothes, the skin of his arms was a pure white colour, marred only by ugly scars all over. Aiko winced when she thought of how he could have got them.

Aside from this, she had also thought of something to say in response to his strange question.

I-I don't crave b-blood, but I heard th-that it can be n-nice... for... for some people. She extended out her hand, hoping for it to remain connected to her body. M-my name's Aiko. What's y-yours? Aiko attempted a smile, but it came off more as a grimace.

Horigome Sukejuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Courage.

Sukejuro continued to look down at her, dressed as a grim specter whom stood well over her, if one were to be afraid of his disjointed and unsettling appearance, he appeared to hold no grudge about it as he retracted the claws and extended a hand in a bid to ease her discomfort. Truth was, Sukejuro hadn’t really dealt with many students of the academy since he himself was counted amongst their ranks, longer still since he had any friends. Lifting a leg up he would plant his foot on the bench beside her as he looked down at her, the reflection of her face and featured reflecting off both of his very round, glassy, lenses which were secured to the face of his mask.

”You don’t? That’s a shame.” he would shake his head, as he pulled a hand away from her head and instead offered his hand in introduction “Horigome Sukejuro, Main Branch Chuunin.” He very bluntly expressed with his words ringing a bit hollow, as if his rank and station were rather inglorious and did not rouse excitement within him, though there was no hostility or discontentment in his words either. ”I was watching you, my dear. I was watching everyone this day, moving back and forth through the town, doing chores, identifying each person by quirks and nuances. Really, I enjoy watching people from afar.” he expressed, a little bit more energy perking in his words as he inhaled more deeply, a hiss emitting from his mask.

”Could not help but spot you, my dear, alone like I was at your age, only more female than male.” he explained, though it might not have eased her nerves at all save that perhaps it was just an inappropriately worded expression of empathy though admittedly he wondered what it was like to be a woman, but he had a distinctly good impression he was glad he was a male, especially considering the things he seen in the Sordid Avenue, his home.

”But oh yes, blood can be very nice, it is the thing that gives all animals life and personally I like pigs blood, though most think I’m mad for having such a taste. But then you’ve got guys that like human blood, but I think they are a bunch of pompous jerks that can’t settle on a good steak.” he would babble on before he felt a particular pang of hunger ”Hey, all this talk is making me hungry, want something to eat?” He would ask as he pulled his leg off the bench, he spoke fairly plainly with little that would suggest an ulterior motive, after surviving a severe infection and disease that left him infirm for a year, he was merely glad to…immerse himself with his colleagues.

”You are a student, yes? You do not look like a standard young girl, so we are comrades, yes?”

Manami Aiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
His words left his mouth like incense leaving a lamp. They twisted and curled intricately, disappearing into nothingness but leaving behind a strange, but not unpleasant smell. He pulled his leg off the bench and he stood up straight, or as straight as he could manage. He had suggested a meal, and frankly Aiko was glad for the company. She had adjusted to his odd mannerisms and wasn't as frightened as when she first met him. The area they were in was very busy and there were places to eat. Aiko preferred quiet places, especially for eating, but she wanted to know something else, so she waited to let him choose. She suspected that he would pick some quirky back-alley eatery that served blood, but it wasn't really the food she was interested in.

Sukejuro mentioned that he had been watching the crowd from a distance. Aiko knew very well that there were many ways to win a battle and she wasn't interested in brute force. She was interested in his skill in watching, in his noticing of the movements and habits of the people. He walked beside them, but didn't live in their world. Aiko wanted to learn of this great power, the power of observation.

They walked for a while together, without saying much. People stared at them the man and girl, but they didn't see nearly as much as he did. His steps were irregular and haphazard, whereas hers were graceful and poised. She had to take nearly two steps to every one of his, so she was walking quite quickly. Aiko was also interested to see where they'd be eating.

Horigome Sukejuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Never one to be entirely predictable, however Sukejuro did have his own motives and goals in mind when he took this girl, this…Aiko thing. Walking alongside her, stooped in his posture like a scouring blackbird or scavenging bird-like creature he would rapidly move his head to peer at a number of people and objects. Carefully looking over dining arrangements he instead of opting for a place of his own…comfort spotted a few old haunts which he had not visited sometime, not since he himself was a student with ghosts, apparitions of warm times that were long gone with him to be the sole bearer of their burden.

”Here, Aiko.” he would turn to her, face still entirely shrouded in mystery as everyone else knew him by, and there they were presented with a fairly large street-side grill. He recalled how one of his closer ex-friends got drunk on sake and vomited in the street, for Sukejuro to bring them home.

It truly was a pain to him, but the only thing that he let out physically was a sigh as well as being very tense and rigid in his stance. It was a fairly nice place, nicer than one might have expected the deranged shinobi to bring such a young girl ”I think you will find the services acceptable.” he would rattle out as a number of honest folk turned an eye to the pair, eyebrows were certainly raised, Sukejuro wasn’t surprised he wasn’t recognized as he was when he was young, but more recognized by infamy. Stepping inside, room lit by sunlight through the sunroof and windows, he would take a seat and wait for Aiko to join him.

”Tell me Aiko, what will you eat?” he would ask, he was on his best manner right now, some people simply brought out the better in him.

Manami Aiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tell me Aiko, what will you eat?

This question struck Aiko like a rod to the head, as firstly, she'd forgotten that going to get something to eat meant actually eating, and secondly, that she had no money to buy anything. Gingerly, she pulled a menu from the pile and peered at it. The foods were odd, compared to the bread and water diet she was used to, and the pictures seemed overly colourful and fake. Also, the prices were quite high, though she expected it was one of the cheaper eateries of the city. She turned to look at Sukejuro, but he wasn't looking at the menu.

The people around them were staring at them and Aiko had no idea why. Although her companion had seemed odd at first, she quickly adapted to his quirks. She couldn't understand why other people were so bothered by him, though it may have been out of concern for her. After all, they must have looked an strange pair - a young girl and an armed man with a mask. Thinking of the mask, she realised that if he was to eat - and he was human - he'd have to take his mask off... Aiko was very curious to see what his face was like. She caught herself. There must obviously be a reason for him to wear a mask in the first place so Aiko realised she shouldn't be so intrusive, especially as he was the only person who had noticed her.

U-um I don't... don't think I h-have any money-ney... I'll j-just sit

Horigome Sukejuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: Really sorry about the wait, hope you're still interested in continuing]

Sukejuro started at her good and long, with absolute care and methodology as he waited to hear back from her one what manner of food she would most prefer to be consuming. Such a strange girl, he thought, wandering aimlessly and allowing a strange creature such as himself with the lure of food and some effect of companionship. However he had to wonder, wouldn't he have done the same? The answer was quite obvious actually, it was yes an thus he continued to wait on her response with baited anticipation.

Oh yes, people were staring, by now he had stopped attempting to seek favor with the majority of people in this village which he was tasked to protect to the bitter end, he was simply in another world so to speak. Cocking his head to the left, then the right, he refusal was met with a strange reaction as he reached back as he chuckled "Well..."

He would start before plopping an enormous bag of yen onto the table between them "Then consider you're meal pre-paid for, little Aiko.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back