Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Papers [Private]

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
They walked through the bustling streets of Kumogakure, some people bowed towards him, some pointed and tugged on their friends shirts, others saw him and stared, yet Akira wasn't bothered by it, his attention was on the young girl.

The streets in this area are named after the various deities which some Kumogakureans worship. He said as they wandered, giving Suzume as much education as he could on what he could as they had walked through the city.

They had walked past many locations already and the tower loomed over them like a massive black spike piercing the sky. The Torre Celeste, or as Akira called it, the Raikage Tower. The road they walked up was named after Raiden himself, it was the central most street and ran all the way from the gates direct to the tower itself.

The most important deity we have is Raiden, he is worshipped by the largest population of Kumogaureans and is believed to be the original founder of this village. They stepped into an area between a low lying wall which separated the village from the tower. Gardens running off to either side of the path they now trod which would lead to the stairs before the tower.

Because he was said to have been a man ascendent to the gods there are those among the shinobi of Cloud who believe that there are others who can do the same, or rather, others who have done the same. Akira was one of those believers, but he wanted Suzume to be able to make up her own mind on what she believed. That was truly the strongest part of Kumogakure religion. The roads around the Raikage tower had all names, they were not particular to any individual religion. Jashin even had a main road named after him, but they were not sized due to import.

This tower is called the Torre Celeste, its meaning is fairly obvious, it is the tower to the stars, or something similar depending on which translation you want to listen to. This is the main administration building of the village, this is where we will be able to make you a citizen of the village as my daughter, as long as that is what you still want. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to ask them now.

He gave her a small smile as he stopped. They were now at the door, standing in the shadow of Akira's home.

Hikari Suzume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
No live organism can continue for long, to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream. This place-- so lusciously alive-- made the girl question for a moment whether this was her mind's way of dealing with the reality of living in the cave. This place was enormous, and has been this way for... Well, who knows how many years, and might remain that way for an equally incomprehensible number more.

Suzume gripped Saito's hand tightly, though it wouldn't be more than a gentle tug to him, she did so in an effort to remind or even convince herself that this was true, not a phantasm in her head. Buildings stood cradled against each-other in a furious fight for space, or like a bunch of kittens huddled together for comfort, each different, each with a different height and story which she could see bits and pieces of. It was not unlike a language of it's own, a language that she knew how to read. The buildings close to the walls were made in a certain style, with certain materials. These were the younger children of the city. tall from their inception with a long craftsmanships tradition well developed, they were uniform in the parts that made them up, and unique in each their individual result.

Further into the city, the buildings have more stories to them, layers of a sort. -An details that spoke to the age of the city,- First floor might be made of cement and boulders creating beautiful, mosiacs giving off a primal aura, a resemblence to the rocky landscape around them, but the story above it, an expansion made by a later generations might be made of clay bricks and so on and up- It was obvious to the girls how the city had evolved over time, together with it's people, it's craftsmen and their traditions. Some older buildings with all their expansions even had as many as five or six different styles of creation. It was a telescope into the life of the people living here, their predecessors and their traditions. Each generations brought something new: new ways, new needs, new solutions and if one saw the city like Suzume looked at it now. Their saga was a open book to the observer.

She felt their pride and joy, their love for this place, and she couldn't help but to be smitten by this mood that they might not even know that they were radiating. It was then that her gaze finally fell upon the people as the awe of the city settled in. Immediately she blushed and grasped onto Saito, everybody was looking, this was not something she liked at all, was comfortable with, or wanted. She almost closed her eyes with her heartbeat racing faster and faster. - When she realised it was not so much herself that they looked at, even though that'd make sense, her being new here and wearing a foreign uniform, No... it was her dad that everybody looked at... She couldn't help but to turn her timid gaze to look up at him herself, it was a long way up to look at him, and from her perspective he looked even more impressive than he would to the adults around them.

Suzume experienced a bit of a scare as One came in close and she noticed him bowing in the corner of her eye. IT made her look down from Saito and to those bowing. She looked up to see his reaction to such reverence.. It wasn't.. As in he didn't pay them any mind.. His attention was... On herself.. She couldn't help but to suddenly feel unworthy, now a bit unable to see him through the eyes of those around them. And he gave his time to.. Her.. He was explaining something about the names of the streets.. Would it be too much of a stretch to believe one of them had his name on it? She wasn't sure, right now she'd believe it in a heartbeat.

She looked ahead for a moment and her poor heart which had just begun to calm down was subject to another start, how her observations of their surroundings had blinded her to... That, she didn't know.. But it seemed they stood before something.. He was explaining it now which relieved her greatly, for it seemed the home of gods.. Walls continued upright, black, marble bricks met neatly, creating a smooth reflective surface for.. Who know how far up... Tower to the stars... Right now she believed it to be literally true.. What is this place?.. They're going in THERE?!..

She looked up at him with wide, venerating eyes.. Awed and shocked by how he had been treated and.. The kindness he had shown her.. The massive scale of this place.. The implications it had..

"Dad.. Are you.. Are you.. Like Raiden?"She swallowed a bit as she asked.. "Is there a street named after you?" She felt dry in her throat again.. "Why me?... What does it make me?.."... Her questions didn't make much sense... She had not felt so small and insignificant before.. Never.. Not even beside the mountains in her valley.. She could feel her heart pounding like a rabbits and a inexplicable urge to cry.. For reasons she did not know..

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Her reaction was priceless. Akira, for the first time since before Shin's death let out a true bellow of laughter. The idea that he was like Raiden, than anyone would think that he could be akin to a god, something even close to his master, and his master had not been Raiden even in his glorious form. She had managed to ask the other questions before the shock of the question had made him react in such a way, and he had heard them, but he hadn't given them time to think about yet.

He looked down and shook his head.

I am nothing like Raiden. I am merely a man. He smiled and ruffled her hair as he continued I think there is a street named after me. It's not in this area though. I forget where it is, I think it's in one of the newer residential areas. He said slightly amused at the thought, he knew it existed, but he'd never visited it, simply been informed of its existence.

What do you mean by what does it make you? You are simply you, and you will simply be my daughter. However, I am the current ruler of the village, but that doesn't mean you're a princess or anything. He smiled, the last part said almost as if teasing.

Deciding he needed to describe how the politics of Lightning Country worked he continued.

Lightning Country is made up of several different districts, each district has a Daimyo and above the Daimyo is the Shogun. The current Shogun trained in Cloud while he grew up, trained by perhaps one of our most fierce shinobi. The position of Raikage in Cloud is also the position of Daimyo in Lightning Country. My district is that of the mountain range that Cloud resides in. My law ends before the northernmost set of mountains which are run by another Daimyo who resides closer to them. In general the leaders of Lightning Country get along, but under the surface there can be a lot of battles being fought, which is in actuality what gets Cloud most of our work.

As a shinobi village we rely on our services being hired out by whoever. Because of this part of my job is to make sure that conflicts continue in this country so that we have a constant flow of work. Of course we also don't want those conflicts to get to a high level because then other issues can occur. It's a difficult job, and finding the balance where the least number of casualties occur while our economy continues to be stable is tough. In addition we can't be caught doing the work we do or else there is a good chance that we will lose work.

He smiled having explained a small portion of his work to his daughter to be.

So this location is the administration center of the village, it's where I work, but it's also where we will live.

Does that help?

Hikari Suzume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Her chins turned a rosy red as he laughed, and she felt stupid now that she had asked and seen his reaction.. She looked down and up again, smiling slightly, understanding a bit of why that'd be funny. He ruffled her hair and the girl was happy for a moment, not understanding why, but apparently is was good.

She then stood and looked up at him while he explained how the country worked and so forth- And she understood that he was important, like right below the man in charge of this lightning country- All the things that had happened on their way in here made a lot more sense, now that he had explained. Shed like to see the street that was named after him some day.. Shed like to see it all, the tower, the city, the area around the walls. She'd like to get to know Saito better, and see her home.. It was all so.. Exciting.

When he was done talking, she looked up at the building again.. Home.. She smiled slightly and her melodious voice answered him..
"Yep! And I'd much rather be your daughter than simply an princess or something.."

She beamed with a smile, sure Suzume wanted to ask why they coursed trouble to get money, but resigned that question to be answered in other ways. When she understood her new home better-

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He smiled.

Come on then, lets make it official.

They walked towards the doors and he pushed one open, letting Suzume through first as he followed her inside.

A voice came from their left.

About fucking time you slow poke. The voice came from behind a mask, an average build man with red hair seen above the mask. He wore garb befitting that of a shinobi, one who took their job very, very, seriously. But his voice had an aura of seniority to it as well, aged. A look at his hands would show they were worn, much like Akira's, though without the calyces caused by metalwork, instead only calyces caused by wielding weapons.

Behind him sat another man, who was of a more lithe frame, he had long white hair which poured over the edge of the chair in which he reclined. He remained silent for the time being, though gave Suzume a small wave. On closer inspection he also had bandages covering him, they were almost masked though as his clothing itself seemed styled to almost resemble bandages, it was an unusual thing, but it somehow looked good on him.

Akira nodded in their direction How are you Onkyou. He hesitated on the name, using the ANBU callsign rather than the mans real name, it was more appropriate in this more public setting.

The man with the white hair answered, his voice lilting and almost musical, the complete opposite of the harsher sound of the other who stood, and also still a youthfulness clinging to it Ah you know. It takes more than they could do to kill me.

Your confidence will get you killed one day. Akira said, shaking his head, a warning look on his features.

Maybe, but, I often wonder what it would take to achieve that...

I swear he's letting himself get hurt.

I think you're right. I fought three of them and had enough trouble.

Ah, six was find, and you held back. We both know you held back. There was amusement behind his voice. But come now Akira, introduce us. We haven't met before.

You will be introduced later, without your masks. She is Suzume, and once we're filled in the paperwork, she'll be my daughter.

You're WHAT?
Came at the same time as:
Oh how sweet.

Which earned Onkyou what could only be assumed to be a stern look from the red haired ANBU, but was somewhat muted by the mask.

Hikari Suzume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Suzume looked between the men as they spoke, interested but oblivious to what they were talking about. Seemed they were strong like dad, and they knew him well.

That familiarity was what made her courageous enough to step out a bit from behind him, standing there silent as the grownups spoke. She looked rather interested at their masks and their patterns trying to understand something from it, but couldn't.. As they continued to speak she looked around and couldn't help but think how different this place was from home... Well she looked up at dad as she thought.

Well.. This is home now, and she didn't mind that at all.

When they asked for introduction, dad deflected it to be done later without the masks, whatever that meant. One of them seemed perplexed by the prospect of her becoming Saito's daughter and she felt ashamed that she wasn't more than she is. Because it was true, she knew she wasn't much to look at.

As Saito started to wrap up the greetings, Suzume took time to bow deeply before each of them, with her hands gathered on her thighs before turning and following dad, her cheeks burning slightly.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The red haired man bowed in return, on standing his eyes followed Akira. His mind wondering what it was that Akira was up to.

The white haired man nodded from his position, and looked up at the red haired man, a hidden grin behind the mask as he found enjoyment in his masters confusion.

The pair headed to reception, the receptionist not used to Akira going there looked a little confused.

I need the papers for citizenship, and papers for adoption.

But... you sign those off. The receptionist said, looking at Akira and then to the girl.

Yes, but they normally come to me from you. This time I'll just deal with them from stage one and get some of the council to sign it off for me.

Nodding slowly the man turned to go through some filing cabinets and picked out the papers that needed to be filled in by Akira. Handing them over he looked to the girl and smiled.

Guess I'll be seeing more of you then.

Akira then led Suzume up the stairs. After a couple of flights he opened a door and they entered. Inside was an office, nothing special, but Akira knew that he had everything he needed to fill out the papers and have them authorized in here.

Take a look around if you'd like... Perhaps I should have asked someone to show you to the living area?

He wasn't used to thinking about someone else in these types of situations. So he looked to her for advice as to what she would like to do.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back