Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

People are contradictions [Open]

Itsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Itsuki sat himself on a bench found near the proving grounds where many young shinobi trained or seemed to settle disagreements of theirs with one another. The sun was bright even beneath the shade of the tree that hung nicely over the bench. His eyes would strain a bit in the sun as he shook his long black bangs from in front of his face in a bit of an annoyed fashion. He felt lately he needed to work on observing people and learning more about them as to understand how they functioned and to aid in his own masking of his feelings.

His mind would wonder as to why two of the young shinobi of academy age greeted and acted friendly before they started to exchange blows with one another. Why did they bother and why did they not finish the fight with a killing blow to ones foe seemed all too foreign to him in truth. He felt in truth unnerved by these people who he had worked into blending into as they are full of contradictions in many ways and this in some ways helped fuel his desire to break them.

"This is bothersome indeed." He muttered under his breath as he gazed up at the sky that burned his eyes in its glare.

[MFT]
[WC: 217]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
You're right...

Sabaku had just been strolling by the academy to observe the young students at work. With him now teaching in his spare time, he felt it befitting of him to pay a little more attention to the younger generation... after all, they are the future. It was part way through this stroll he came upon a unfamiliar individual that seemed affixed the to students as well. It was a refreshing thing to see other people interested in the younglings. Usually it was only left to the academy staff to watch over them. Positioning himself next to the tree, he leaned against the tree and continued.

That kids' footing is all wrong, and the other... he's gonna have to brush up on his aim. But... I guess that's what training and the academy is for right?

Sabaku gave the unknown one of those closed eye, smiles before outreaching his hand to formally introduce himself. This is what he would usually do when meeting a new face, it was the polite thing to do right? No matter the case, it was a habit that wouldn't soon be halted. Sabaku would wait a short moment to see if the stranger would take his hand or not.

By the way, I don't think I've seen you around here before. The names Sabaku, pleasure to meet you sir!

[OOC Topic entered, MFT WC: 225]

Itsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A new face appeared beside Itsuki as if to interject himself into some form of contact. The feeling of having to chat with anyone bothered and aggravated Itsuki to no end but he bit his lip as to stem his aggression in an attempt to blend correctly.

"Yes those children...are in need of many of battles indeed." Sparring and friendly competition was foolish and wasted time and energy in truth.

He bit his lip a bit harder at the sight or the man extending his arm forward in these peoples greeting ritual performance. He fought back his true feelings as he smothered down his desire to break the man's arm in two and cause him great pain. Itsuki reached his hand forward as to attempt to do this ritual greeting with this fool of a man. It was apparent his body temperature was cold and his touch would more than likely cause some sense of fear or a ting of a shiver running up Sabaku's spine.

"Itsuki...that is what I am called."

He decided to use this man in a way as to learn to blend among this villages people and keep hidden his darkness.

[MFT]
[WC: 195]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
cold...

That was all Sabaku could think in that moment, the moment their hands touched. It was if the life was absent from this man's body. It gave him a feeling much like he felt the day he taught a class with that Kurohebi kid... It was unnerving, lifeless... near soulless... But then again, maybe he really was just cold despite the warm sunny day, who could say really?

Yes well, it's very nice to meet you Itsuki. You're right though, the students must all face their battles to come. With the proper training and practice, I'm very confident that they will prevail against any of threaten the safety and orderly operations of stone.

Sabaku would push away from the tree and grab a seat on the bench next to Itsuki. The seat was cool from being under the shade of the tree, the wood was rough from years of usage. Shuffling a little bit of gravel under his shoe, he would turn to his new acquaintance.

So... I don't think I've seen you around much, I'm assuming you are a shinobi?

Sabaku hoped his question wasn't to intrusive, sometimes people don't like being bothered for their occupation. But that was all part of the beginning of a conversation and getting to know someone. While the individual was a little off putting with how cold he was, he wasn't that far off from that Oyochi kid he knew from the academy, so dismal and dark... but their is always a ray of hope and light somewhere in everybody. And Sabaku was just the guy to pull that out into the light.

Itsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Itsuki would at this point bite the inside of his mouth again trying to focus his aggression away from this man. He could taste the sweet iron like taste of blood inside his mouth as it gave him a nice bit of calm for a few moments. It is odd how a simple thing as tasting the life force of a human body can bring such a feeling.

His attention would shift back to this man calling himself Sabaku as he would give a almost heartfelt speech about the bright future of these young shinobi. The only place Itsuki could see any of these kids end up was in a shallow grave either by a outside enemy or even to himself if given such a chance.

"....Yes you as well I suppose, though most these kids I can foresee not living past their first true battle..pity I suppose."

He would attempt to feign what figured would show some compassion towards the youth even if it was emotionally devoid of any true feelings and was the grim truth.

The small almost picking and aggravating questions seemed to continue from this human as he felt the need to ask of Itsuki's profession in some manner. His annoyance was starting to get to him as this pointless chatter grew even more pushing his limit of restraint.

"We are all something I suppose...yes that would I guess be a correct assessment in truth."

He would look towards the sky causing his eyes to feel a sharp pain for a moment as the sun's rays hit his pupils. He would continue to fight off the urge to strangle this man as he continued to force himself to sit in this man's company for a while longer.

"What are you then Mr. Sabaku...a shinobi as well I assume perhaps?"

His voice showing a bit more life to it at this moment with only a hint now of a wicked tone within his words. The tone was kept to a minimum and may not even be detectable and just let passed unnoticed if the man did not pay close attention to its sound. His face would tilt towards Sabaku as to look him in the eyes while his head still facing a bit skyward.

[WC: 377]
[MFT]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
This Itsuki person must have had a lot on his mind... he seemed distant in his responses... like he was upset about something. Perhaps he was stressed about something or even maybe had a headache? Sabaku didn't want to pry to much if that was the case... No sense in agitating him further if he was upset about something else... don't want to add himself to that list no do we? Sabaku looked up to the sky to try and see if he could see what Itsuki was looking at but was met only by the blinding sun... maybe he missed whatever it was he saw.... Squinting from the rays, he turned back to the man.

Well yes, actually I am.... how did you know?

Perhaps this guy had mastered some secret form of genjutsu and could read minds... so weird... Sabaku turned away and stared at the students practicing a bit more before sighing out loud

You are right though... most of these younger kids might not survive a real fight... but hey, that's what people like us are for right? To better prepare them for the outside world. It's up to us to make sure they learn what they need to not die in their first battle. I know I'm doing my part. I do some part time work at the academy teaching classes. Aside from that I do mostly classified work...

Classified... that's all he could really tell this guy. Even that might have been to much... The rules of the Anbu are a bit vague as to what they can and cant reveal... but who he was and what he did might be detrimental in the future if this guy turned out to be a bad egg. If that were ever the case, he might not want this guy knowing whom his friends and family were... just in case you know?

Being a shinobi isn't everything its cracked up to be... some of these regular folk think its all shiny lights and glory... but they don't understand the pain we have to endure... watching your comrades fade away mission after mission... anyways... I'm rambling on about dark things that don't need to be dwelled on... Anyways... Are you hungry? I could eat... how about we do lunch, my treat?

What a better way to officially break the ice and become better acquaintances over a nice hot meal. Surely nobody could pass up free lunch! Sabaku was starting to like this guy... he wasn't sure why... something just drew him towards the guy... perhaps he reminded him of Oyochi and just missed the challenge of getting him to smile.... Either way... Sabaku wasn't going to take no for an answer... or at least not without trying really hard... this guy seemed like he could use some food and maybe a distraction from whatever could be on his mind.

[OOC MFT WC: 481.... LOL I love RPing with this guy.... oh man he hates me soooooo much hahahahaa, I couldn't help but laugh at how he feels]

Itsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The man seemed to drone on and on with his speeches almost like a no stop chirping bird needing a broken neck to silence its noise. Breathing deep again he went back and forced his rage down and focused his energy on smothering out his smoldering fire inside him as some would call bloodlust. This person did not seem to be a threat but nor was he any potential ally to Itsuki either, well at least not as he is at this moment.
Perhaps this Sabaku character was one of those humans that they sometimes call a Social Butterfly or an annoying noise making fool, either way it in the end did not matter.

So it seems the man was a shinobi indeed as he had assumed from watching his movements and confidence that a common human does not carry oneself with. The fact of letting on a hint to his job as a shinobi was a foolish mistake and if he truly was in the same field as Itsuki one would try to stay away from admitting to being ANBU for many reason. He would smirk a slight wicked grin and chuckle under his breath as he would let this comment slip by in the end.

"One can tell with ease if you watch any human as they carry themselves in different fashions as with most things. If you watch people long enough and study them you can learn more in a glance than a simple conversation."

That wicked grin would creep back up upon Itsuki's face as he was starting to enjoy the idea of not breaking this man's neck...well maybe just not at this moment but instead pick at his mind and perhaps make him doubt his very own self. The Sabaku of classified work had angered him enough to this point with being near him that Itsuki began to brim with ideas of how to break this man and toss his very soul into the pits of darkness.

Things seemed to be happening too easy in fact as this fool invites him to eat lunch with him. It almost made you wonder if this man was truly naive and overly trusting or perhaps had already noticed something about Itsuki and planned to try and deal with him in some manner.

"....Yes..why not I could use some food in fact."

The question of was he being setup and walking into a trap set by this simple fool or was he just a good natured fool wanting to interact on some level with himself.
Itsuki would wait for Sabaku to stand and lead the way to where they would dine as he requested and proceed to follow behind the man.

[OOC WC: 452]
[OOC: lol I know he hates you sooooo much it is too funny. I gotta wonder how this is going to play out haha]
[OOC: MFT...forgot to add that so edited that in nothing else changed]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Where are you guys going to eat?"

Kurokawa had gotten close enough by now to talk to the two standing far away watching students train. She knew one of the voices from the class. Sabaku. She did not know the other. Being one of the ones closest to their location when she trained she had picked up on the sound of voices from far away and tried to steak in closer to find out who it was. When she had gotten close enough to identify the voice she had given up on sneaking seeing as she did not think it was worth the effort trying to sneak up on a teacher. She was worried however, about the way every mention of kids and students send out by Sabaku was met with the descriptor "humans" by whoever he was talking to.

"I thought I heard someone talking somewhere over here and thought it would come check it out."

Coming directly from training she still had her gloves on but she had wiped the sweat of before coming closer. She opened her bag and pulled out a bottle of water. Working out gets you thirsty after all, and that energy draining cold feeling coming from whoever Sabaku was talking to wasn't helping much. He referred to others as though he himself was not human yet he himself apparently got hungry, ate food, and from what she could tell breathed the fresh air. She put away the bottle and clapped her hands together before bowing.

"Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Kurokawa. Student here at the academy. And you are?"

He clap send out a sonar wave that let her get a pretty good picture of the overall person in front of her. His height, general build, and... a mask. ANBU perhaps or just someone into face accessories like herself. she corrected her head garment while waiting for a respons.

[MFT]
[WC: 318]
[Ooc: Sorry if this is a private party but got bored of the slowness of Stone and wanted something to do.]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sabaku was just about to start talking about this wonderful restaurant inside the city, which would have been the perfect spot for a hot meal. But just then a wandering student appeared!!! Sure enough it was young Kurokawa, a student of Sabaku's. Sabaku didn't want to be rude and shoo the young child away... but it could also be rude to invite another to lunch without the consent of the other he had just invited... Sabaku was extremely vexed by the situation he found himself in... Sabaku decided to tell a little white lie attempting to not hurt the students feelings by rejecting her for lunch.

My associate and I will be heading into town to one of my more preferred diners. Him and I have important matters to discuss. I would invite you along but as you can most likely guess... the matter is of the greatest importance. I hope you can understand.

That should do the trick... Sabaku was still receiving weird vibes from Itsuki... just in case he thought the student should be elsewhere. Even though we are all ninja... there are some that are not quite right in the head or are just plain evil. Sabaku was pretty trusting in nature and would give people the benefit of the doubt most of the time... But this guy kept on referring to everyone has "Humans" and had these slightly creepy smirks almost every time he spoke... So to be on the safe side, he would steer the child away from possible danger. Sabaku then reverted his attention back to Itsuki.

Well I was thinking you and I could visit this little diner just inside the city, they serve the best tankatsu. Shall we?

Sabaku would wave as a gesture towards Itsuki to signal he was ready to move out towards this restaurant. Sabaku would give a farewell nod towards Kurokawa and waited for Itsuki to rise and start walking towards the city. Assuming that Itsuki would comply and head out with him, Sabaku would strike up another conversation.

So then, my interesting friend, what do you like to do for fun?

[OOC MFT WC:354]

Itsuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The man called Sabaku was annoying enough on his own for Itsuki to push the dark down further and further into his core like a smoldering fire that was turning into a vortex full of pure darkness.
Trying not to show anymore outward display of his emotions and becoming more vexed as a new presence was felt watching them both. The person seemed to have made the wise choice and not attempt to sneak up upon an already dangerous moody Itsuki.

"It seems children do come out of the woodwork at the mention of filling their bellies with food."

The snarky remark less aimed as any type of sign of aggression and more of a backhanded comment about her entering this area at foods mention.
The lack of caring Itsuki gave to this child was nil and he already could tell she was no threat towards him and as such he need not bother with watching her.

"Hmmm....Kurokawa..student of Iwa Academy...female...and seems to be blind as well."

The smirk that grew across his face was almost eerie to see.

"I am referred to as Itsuki...and just that...little student of Iwa."

It was hard to tell if Itsuki was being mean or if he was attempting to force a sense of humor in an attempt to adapt more.
It was plain to see Sabaku wanted to keep this child clear of contact with himself and he could understand that tactic. It's always been an amusing thing to see humans take such roles as to try and protect the young of their kind from danger or the possibility of such.

With a smirk to his face he would lesson his concerns of Sabaku having some plan to move upon himself as the energy from this last exchange felt as if he was wary and was attempting to avoid some sort of issue that may arise.

"Yes...lets then go, the best tankatsu as you say may be worth a try."

He would move towards Sabaku as he had motioned to lead him towards this dining establishment. Itsuki too would turn his head back and nod with a grin filled with a cold wind that would give the feeling of someone walking across your grave.

"Hmm fun...that is an interesting question indeed...let's just say I am more of a solo player in my enjoyment."

[MFT]
[WC: 390]
[OOC: Follows Sabaku to restaurant unless something else occurs]
[OOC: Yay Sabaku you saved yourself from raising a flag xD wooot yay]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kurokawa got a bit annoyed with the fill the belly comment as she just heard them talking about food rather than just coming to get free servings

"I am quite capable of making food myself, so I'm not looking to freeload."

She then heard Sabakus attempt to be polite by using a phrase grown-ups often use when they don't want company for one reason or the other.

"I need to get back to training anyway but have a nice meal."

Kurokawa turned on her heel and walked back towards the proving grounds leaving the two grown-ups to their own endeavors should they not stop her

[Leaving the thread unless stopped]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back