Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Picking The Right Daimyo - Req Sousuke

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
[Topic Entered With Clan NPC - Miroku Osagi]

Osagi arrived at the desk of the woman he assumed was the Kazekage's receptionist. "Excuse me. I'm sorry to be a bother but is it possible at all to see Lord Sousuke? My name is Miroku Osagi and I admit it is quite an urgent matter."<i></i> he would say in that charming smile, those crimson eyes holding her beauty. What a temptation she must be for many of the delegates who visit the Kazekage or the perfect distraction if one was to look at it from a Kage's point. He wore a finely tailored black business suit and his hands bore extravagant rings. An odd crimson walking cane was held at his side, little would most guess it was made of blood. If one had a good nose they would be able to smell the faint scent of blood.

He was here to collect intel and pass on a warning to the Kazekage. For one of their own had not returned from her task, if he couldn't deal with it before Akkuma got back. Only the fates knew what the foolish demon would do. The Agent knew if he had suspicions on who was responsible, no doubt Akkuma was already preparing to act on his own suspicions. Today he wore the mask of a charming man, polite and tactful. Osagi had many specialties and surviving diplomatic encounters was one of them. Not only a Chigokai but a trained Agent of the Miroku, few among their clan had the authority he did. Even fewer lacked the ability required to survive The Game they were playing.

Edited to Fix Error

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was another day of little to no sleep for Sousuke. For what little time he did sleep he wore an ice pack of his face. Being the Kazekage was a difficult job of sorts. It was certainly more difficult than being the Steward-Kazekage. Sousuke did oftentimes wonder if Katuso would have made a better Kazekage. The Sunahoshi heir seemed to heal better than he did, and quicker for that matter. Would he get to see such a thing? Probably not. Fate had dealt him a very difficult hand to deal with and to work with. This was seemingly one problem out of the many. Sousuke had many trials and tribulations ahead of him, and he would have to work actively against all odds.

Floor panels would open up and Sousuke would emerge from a lift. It was a rather unique entry point. The sounds of gears would come to a hault as he fully emerged with a very large ice bag in hand and covering part of his face. Part of his cheek was stitched up. It would seem that he had seen better days. He was in a disheveled state. He would exchange a bored glance with his secretary (which dear reader, one would expect Rioshi). In the opposite hand that was not holding the ice bag, was the cup of steaming hot coffee. "My ears are burning."<i></i> He would state first and foremost. "Well, I mean they are not literally incendiary."<i></i> He would clarify. He would exchange glances between the two individuals present. "I'm not sure why one aligns the concept of ears being on fire with being spoken of. Well, my ears are feeling quite warm mind you, but it might be due to the ice. The body works in strange ways."<i></i> Sousuke would announce oddly.

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
Osagi raised an eyebrow when he heard a series of mechanisms at work. Turning his gaze just in time to see what appeared like a very dishevelled Kazekage. After exchanging a bored look with the beautiful women who was his secretary he smiled. Next the man said his ears were burning, although not literally. Causing the Agent to chuckle, Sousuke's eyes slid from his Secretary to Osagi. Giving the Kazekage he would give a deep bow.

"Indeed it is an odd phrase, no doubt there is an interesting story behind its origin. Indeed the human body is quite...special in the way it works. At least from what I have learned in my studies with some of my peers."<i></i> he would say in that charming voice before smiling that friendly and warm grin. The Crimson eyed Chigokai held that sanguine cane in his right hand. The Agents smiled charmingly "I believe introductions are in order...Lord Sousuke I am Miroku Osagi. I am an Agent of the Miroku."<i></i> he would say with a small bow after he introduced himself. There was something about this man, as friendly and charming as he was. It was obvious he was a calculating and cold man.

"Admittedly I would not usually inform you of my role. But in doing so I hope to overcome any initial weariness or distrust you may have from your last encounter with my liege. I hope my honesty helps show my sincerity and emphasises the seriousness of what I'm about to tell you. One of our people has gone missing...I'm afraid this situation is made even more serious by the task she was given. Deliver a report of our current activities to an Anbu of rank. Including a list of the guests we are currently hosting. She has not been seen since she departed for the Obsidian Palace. If she is dead my Lord will know, his seals keep him aware of such things. I hope to remedy this issue before he returns, for if we don't..."<i></i> his words would trail off as he thought of the wrath his Lord would unleash, he knew who his Lord would suspect first. Those who had been the intended recipients of the report. He closely watched the Kazekage's reaction with that discerning gaze, did the leader already know about this betrayal? Perhaps he played a part in it, even given the order? These were things he intended to find out.

[OOC: Should have said this timeline is while Akkuma is still at the Event, but after Touka gets killed in the Obsidian Palace. Also looking forward to rping ^_^ I promise swift responses, unsure if Rioshi intends to post. Can delete this one if she does. Looking forward to this rp!]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
(Technically Sousuke is at the event ... he's just working things in the background and figuring out how to beat the media)

Grinning. What was it about the Miroku clan and grinning. First there was Akkuma who had a very vicious grin. Now there was this one who was also grinning now. He wondered if it was beaten into the children of this clan to grin and or smile. Yes. Smile more. You need to smile more. Why so serious? LET'S PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE OF YOURS. WHOOHAHAHAHAAAA. Sousuke blinked not once but twice. Right. Smiling. Did he smile back at the man, or grin at him? No. He did not. That was his choice.

Agent. Okay. Was this going to be like that oddity of that cat and mouse game of the Soon's DEA Agent who was tracking down a vengeful vigilante who was accused of drug trafficking but was in fact eliminating drug cartels one by one in the most violent show-downs? Sousuke was called in on the matter and had to be put on record for a solid forty-five minute interview. It was a very annoying interview. All he did was look at pictures of gruesome brutalities and dead people hanging from nooses in very remote areas. Yes. Yes. Let's do that again. What is the absolute worst that can happen? Oh right. He made someone lose their lunch in his rather intense detailed distrcriptions on how one could impale and then proceed to dismember ...

"Oh. That's putting it mildly. First impressions are overrated."<i></i> Sousuke would answer with the utmost neutrality possible. Apparently this man was sent to do damage control. Yes. Let's send an Agent. What does the agent do? Let's find out. "So. What does an Agent of a Chaos Demon do exactly?"<i></i> Yes. Yes. Ask that. Best question possible. Is he a Secret Agent? Is he a DEA Agent? ... Real Estate Agent? The case of the former would probably be ... well not overly so much of a secret anymore. Did Sousuke trust Akkuma? No.

Sousuke was then debriefed? Situated? Explained? Something of concern. The Kazekage let out a sigh of sorts. Great. Now Mr. Agent decided to use the royal we. Sousuke gave him a blank stare at first. His eyes shifted to the ceiling as he was mulling it over in his head. Given Akkuma's attitude which was highly insulting, absurd at times, and rampant -- it wouldn't surprise Sousuke that someone that did not have his glacial level of patience with people lost their cool and did something. "I'm going to eat my lunch."<i></i> He declared almost randomly. Sousuke motioned for the Agent to follow him into a side room. There were tables situated. Plain ordinary lunch room tables, chairs, and more importantly the fridge. Sousuke went over to the fridge and took out what seemed to be at first glance gruel? It was a thick grey and brown. Sousuke proceeded to heat it. The gruel bubbled and oozed. Moments later he would sit down at the table with a spoon. He looked at the gruel and then looked back at the agent. "Does your missing person have a habit of going missing, or any serious vices that may land them in extra-legal ... company?"<i></i> The gruel continued to pustule and ooze.

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
[OOC: Ah Coolies, maybe just after then? xD Always love your posts]

Osagi listened to the Leaders words and bowed slightly it seemed the Kazekage wouldn't let the first define their interaction. Though Sousuke's next words made him smile "Well my tasks consist of a few things, without going into detail you could say our Agents function much like a villages Anbu. We act as commanded by our Lord & his Shadow(codename of Kaza), a few like myself have the authority to act without limitations. G"<i></i> he would say those crimson eyes watching the shinobi around him. No doubt this news would worry the Kazekage, perhaps he would wonder how many Agents they had. Who they were, did they have to be Miroku? This would no doubt raise more questions then the ones it answered.

The Kazekage sighed and appeared to be thinking on the matter, although his next words briefly through the Agent off. Announcing he was going to eat lunch the leader walked off motioning for Osagi to follow him. Taking a seat opposite the Kazekage he couldn't help but think about his youth when he saw the gruel-like meal. It took him back to his youth at the gambling houses back in Moon. Sousuke spoke bringing him back to their conversation before his mind could go back to those days, back to when he was no one.

"No she doesn't...well she has a bit of a temper but that's about it. She is quite defensive about Akkuma, other then that no. I mean...she's only a civilian all she had to do was deliver her report to the Obsidian Palace. Touka should be back by now."<i></i> from his tone and body language he was telling the truth, there was even a hint of worry. Perhaps she was close to him? Then again he was a trained espionage Agent familiar with Anbu training so perhaps not.

"Naturally I suspect your Anbu, I know they must possess a great deal of suspicion towards us. Perhaps my suspicion is due to learning they had a hand in killing a friend of mines father. But I'm not here to discuss that, although I believe we should at some point. Now if I was able to deduce them as the most likely suspects, I guarantee you my Lord has done the same."<i></i> he would say taking a seat back and running his hand through his long black hair. How could he say his next words without them sounding as bad as they did in his mind. With a sigh he realised when it came to his Lord it was better to be honest.

"Now I am only here to prepare us all for the worst scenario. Which is that harm has befallen Touka.."<i></i> he would say pulling aside his suit jacket and shirt to show a seal. It was of a deadly design and bound itself to the genetics of those it was scribed on making it irreversible. "These seals do not just bind us to our Lords words, but they also let him know when one of us dies. My Lord cares little for what harm befalls him...but he is fiercely protective of his kin. I believe an investigation is needed or if possible at all a meeting with your Anbu Sennin. To find out what happened."<i></i> he would say, Ancients where something of a puzzle to him. Admittedly he had never been interested in the Supernatural or Occult, But upon learning that the Daimyo used an Ancient fuelled army his curiosity was drawn to them.

"Is it true he is an Ancient? Similar to one of those entities your Daimyo is using to fuel his forces?"<i></i> he would calmly ask the Kazekage, if it was true perhaps there would be a way to utilise his gifts. This could be an interesting topic but the Agent had to be sure he did not get distracted, at least not until he had accomplished what he came here to do. Osagi sat there like a man who was comfortable discussing any manner of conversation in any situation. He had also revealed that he was capable of acting as he deemed necessary. Something that would be of great interest to many people, although there were few people who knew he wasn't under the same restrictions as others within the Agents ranks.

As he sat there the Agent couldn't shake a thought hiding in the depths of his mind and behind that friendly mask. What if Akkuma sent Touka on purpose a way of testing them? Why wouldn't he send the reports to Sousuke himself, Osagi knew that his Lord had said it was an olive branch attempt. But he knew Akkuma better then that, if he had wanted to truly offer them an olive branch he would have sent much of his research to them. This definitely seemed like something more then what his Lord had made it out to be. Then it struck him if one of their own had been struck down by an Anbu even with justifiable intent Akkuma would use it. 'That clever bastard he means to see our Agents get people within their ranks...'<i></i> he thought how brazen it was, if his fears were true and Touka did perish at their hands. With that thought he told himself to be more observant of his Lord.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The frightening part of this most of all? Sousuke remained calm and almost seemed to be enjoying this. He was eating his gruel with gustso. The oozing, bubbling, and horrid looking meal was being devoured bit by bit. On ocassion it seemed like the meal was going to start moving on its own accord. He took the information in strides and seemingly did not react to any of it. He did not forecast any real show of emotion of being impressed or terrified. In fact it seemed as if the information had just been absorbed like a sponge would water.

Agent. Right then. Secret Agent. Sorta. Kinda.

So. The missing person was only a civilian. Curious. Akkuma surrounded himself with Agents of a secretive nature. Yet this person missing was merely a civilian. A curious notion. Akkuma was a man who seemed to set himself so much higher and above others. He didn't seem to be the caring sort, except maybe Seika. The arranged-marriage? Well, it did seem like an awkward pick. Tenshi and Chaos Demon. The two of them were seemingly very violent and Akkuma seemed to have no issue with doing illegal things so easily as evidenced by the desire to drink moonshine which was outlawed due to the dangerous level of alcoholic content. "You hesitated."<i></i> Sousuke interjected. "Why?"<i></i> He would ask bluntly as he looked at his bowl which was lessening its content of gruel. "She isn't more than just a civilian?"<i></i> It was something of an interesting ... 'exception'? No one is 'just something', they were usually a number of things. What was missing here? "Why was a just civilian with a temper sent with information into the Obsidian Palace? The Palace is not a place for civilians."<i></i> This smacked of a set-up of sorts. Sousuke had no idea of what had happened, but it did seem very odd. was Akkuma looking to start something? Was this some sort of bully? "Your lord is more comfortable with Kuro than he is me, afterall he is marrying his eldest sister. Have you brought your concerns to Kuro?"<i></i> He continued to scoop out the contents. There was a clanging from the bowl and the spoon as Sousuke gathered what was left of the gruel. "I'll bring up the matter with them, and we'll figure out something. This is the first I have heard of it."<i></i>

Sousuke frowned slightly at the seal. "You realize that those seals, when dealing with highly skilled individuals can act as a two way door. There are people out there with a skillset beyond my own that could ... do something cancerous and malignant with seals such as your own connected with so many individuals. That's not a threat mind, you a reality for you and your Master to consider."<i></i> Sousuke would take the bowl to the sink and wash it himself. He would place away the bowl and stare at the wall. "I am now going to go clean my armour."<i></i> He next announced expecting the Agent to follow him like last time. Even though this may have been an off day there was still many things to do. Sousuke before leaving would take another ice pack out of the freeze portion of the fridge and place it on the side of his face.

The cleaning room for the armour was perhaps something not expected. The armour set that was to be cleaned was encased in glass. Sousuke would turn several knobs and dials. The case would be filled with water and the armour would be submerged. He stared at it as the water would quickly come to a boil due to plasma healing. He would make a few gestures and conjure a few plasma beams which would be seen cutting through the worst of the grime and dirt that caked the armour. Sousuke would still say nothing for a moment. He would turn his head to regard the Agent or Osagi as it were. Was he inquiring about Kazuki or Mikaboshi? "That is knowledge few are privy too. The Daimyo that is. Who is your informer?"<i></i> He didn't answer the question, not yet the more interesting question was how did a mere agent know this? Was Akkuma careless with what he knew and who he trusted it with?

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
Osagi watched as the Kazekage seemed to absorb everything he said, he didn't react to any statement in any perceivable way. Which made the Agent wonder what he was thinking about. Although his gaze kept flicking to the meal the Kazekage was eating, he couldn't tell if the man enjoyed it or just wanted to get it over with as fast as possible. The Agent sighed when Sousuke said he noticed he'd hesitated, asking why bluntly. Sousuke would need to know everything to truly understand. It seemed the Kazekage was indeed taking in everything that was being said to him, good it would mean he might see what Osagi couldn't.

"She is his Ward, he saved her long ago when they first left Kirigakure. Avenged her family, helped her get an education. She became somewhat of a diplomat, truthfully she loved him. Everyone knew but Akkuma saw her more as a younger sister, she never gave up hope. Until he found Lady Seika, it seems they have a bond beyond all of our comprehension. Her temper isn't that bad she is just rather enthusiastic and stubborn. But she has a warm heart...even civilians play their role. I think perhaps he didn't want to provoke them by sending in a shinobi they knew nothing about."<i></i> he would say with a small smile, the tone of his voice suggested he held a deep affection for her. Sousuke was obviously intelligent, perhaps Akkuma was wrong and he was waging his own war against their foes. He seemed too cunning to be the type of person to not act against a serious threat.

Then Sousuke asked why he hadn't taken his concerns to Kuro the Agent chuckled "We are talking about Lord Kuro of the Toraono right? I heard he is almost as protective as my Lord maybe more so. I brought this information to you because I hope to have this solved quickly and cleanly. Patient minds are best at dealing with such things, more efficiently. Also you are the Kazekage, you are kin to our family. The Toraono consider you family so that makes you family in our eyes. It seems only logical to approach you on such an incident."<i></i> the Agent would say, why shirk about such things. It would only further raise suspicion and that would be counter productive. Their family was different they did not hide from each other, flaws and all were exposed. You accepted the good and the bad with family. Then again they were not to unlike the Toraono, except the world had made them colder.

'Them? Doe's he mean the Anbu Sennin is there more then one? If the Anbu did do this why would he not have heard of it? Someone from the Miroku had died surely they knew, it would not be ignored. Everything is off...there's something I can't see.'<i></i> he thought before seeming to relax. "Thank you I appreciate it Lord Sousuke."<i></i> he would say one facet of stress lightened for now. The Kazekage seemed to disapprove of his seal, saying that someone with skill could use it against them. Causing him to chuckle his own gaze falling to the seal as Sousuke, explained himself saying it wasn't a threat but a warning.

"Akkuma is possibly one of the greatest sealers of this Age. There are countermeasures, among some of the most complex binding I've ever seen. If either party betrays the other, death is what awaits you. I doubt there are more then a handful of shinobi that would be capable of doing so. But doing so without activating the counter measures would still be risky, nonetheless thank you for your concern.<i></i> he would say while the Kazekage washed his dishes in a nearby sink. When Sousuke said he was going to wash his armour, Osagi guessed he should follow and stood walking after the shinobi. Still trying to shake the image of that gruel or possibly some kind of sentient dish.

Osagi was impressed with the cleaning facility the Kazekage had, its sterilisation process must have been quite efficient. Suddenly it seemed as if the Kazekage was weighing him carefully before asking who his source was on the Daimyo. "You think my Lord would wage war against one of the most powerful men in the known world without letting us know?"<i></i> how little he must think of the Demon, thought the Agent as he answered with a question. However he would let the Kazekage think on it. "Please understand we have a duty we must act. To stand idly by while such insult to the shinobi goes unopposed would bring the greatest shame upon our people."<i></i> he would say calmly to Sousuke hopefully he was beginning to understand more about them. That sanguine walking cane at his side, leaning upon it he gauged the man before him before speaking his next words carefully.

"My Lord said something about one of the Daimyo's sons being a potential candidate for the next Daimyo? I'd like his name, possible locations would be nice but not necessary. Some Agents are going to be deployed for intel then eventually retrieval. Our olive branch to you is that we aren't eradicating the bastards line. Afterwards my Lord will seal away his demonic nature and swear fealty to Sunagakure. Naturally that means he will owe his allegiance to you, accepting any consequences you believe necessary to free Sunagakure of repercussions. Although I believe his attempts at treaties with the other nations and the relationships he has built might also be to ease that punishment."<i></i> he would say carefully watching the Kazekage, Osagi had been shocked with the news. But Akkuma would not risk being separated from Seika and intended to hand himself in for Sunagakure's judgement. The Agent knew if he intended to do that, he would make sure their wasn't anyone who would bear ill will against him.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke stared at the armour being cleaned. He watched as a particularly thick crusty bit of dirt was removed. As the crust began to float to the top it was being eradicated bit by bit, melting away. The contents was drained and moved to a waste unit. More and more thick crusty bits of dirt came off. The armour had been caked in it. He focused upon the chest piece which was a very detailed mesh design. Bitter memories surfaced as the Agent spoke of Wards. Sousuke's eyes narrowed and focused more so on the armour. This tempered girl who had entered the prison and did not return. The greatest likely situation? She lost her patience with someone and struck a chord of sorts and was maybe killed? Maybe. Most likely. He suspected he would hear from Kazuki or Roku soon.

Sousuke too had a ward once. He could understand the grief of losing one. Okibi too was stubborn and impulsive. She left him when the going got tough. She left Aki, a motherless and fatherless child now with Sousuke. He was raising Aki by himself. Family, yes he carried in him the soul of Kuro's dead brother - Tsume. His own soul was damaged while he was in the womb, and Tsume's soul supposedly filled in the gaps. Kuro assured him he was Sousuke and only Sousuke, but at times he doubted that. Tsume's characteristics were too close to his own. Yet here he was with an even bigger family now with the Miroku clan. Things just seemed to wonderfully tie themselves together up in this nice little package. Really, Sousuke had considered it to be a Pandora's box, and he left that little nice package on the table gathering dust. Too much dust in fact at times. Why open it when Demons and Tenshi were in that gift box? Maybe it was just Sousuke's anti-social behavior, or some other social disorder he had. He was in no short supply of those.

The Agent if anything was graceful in avoiding questions, or it was a misunderstanding, or maybe Sousuke just worded it. "No. Not the Daimyo. Who told you he was empowering his troops with Ancients?"<i></i> That was the far more concerning thing. Roku told him this, and it was as plain as day that he did not trust the Miroku. He was the one who had revealed to Sousuke the rampant increase of cursed seals and odd injuries befalling Suna nin. Roku would not lie to him. He was one of the reasons why Roku was actually still alive. What Osagi had said was taken with a grain of salt. Sousuke very much doubted Akkuma would seal away his demonic nature. Power is something one does not give up. Sousuke rubbed his temple as he considered what was being said. Akkuma and his men were far too ... confident in their ability to remove the Daimyo. Shouki survived being devoured by Gambunta, and in time made his way out ... caked in excrement after being digested. When dealing with people with that level of ... durability this was going to be a very long and drawn out war. Curiously the word retrieval was being used. That was a simple and far less insulting version of the word kidnapping. Susumu was a very strange man. Wise. Smart. Perverted. Susumu did not see any problem with the latter of the three. He almost seemed to revel in his perversions? Allowing Akkuma and his men to kidnap Susumu would only lead to another bunch of angry and motivated men and women being sent to Sungakure to being occupied. Well hey, Shouki was already missing for a good lone while but Shouki was not a legitimate heir. He was a preferred heir compared to Susumu it seemed. "Your Lord does not seem to comprehend that retrieving the heir to the Daimyo could be conceived as a kidnapping or an act of war. Either he is adept at doing this, or he merely enjoys having everyone in the room look at him awkwardly and then putting him to the sword."<i></i> Call it underestimating, call it whatever one would. "Where the heir is I do not know. He is certainly a strong contrast to the rest of his family and in some senses he is a heretic of sorts."<i></i>

Maybe Susumu or the sister were the better ones to put on the throne. He merely wanted Sungakure to be left to its own devices. Should Wind as a whole fall under attack? Suna would be there. Sousuke had not run into Susumu's sister. He knew very little of her. Susumu was a socialite of sorts?

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
While Osagi spoke the Kazekage intently watched his armour, from what he had seen from the leader. He was sure the mans mind was carefully going over all the information that he was receiving. It seemed Osagi had misunderstood the Kazekage's question "My apologies, I misunderstood the question although the answer is the same. I do not know his source although I am assuming it was yourself or one of your Sennin."<i></i> he would say to the leader calmly. Then again he knew his liege had already established a formidable amount of assets within this place, perhaps it had come from one of those.

The Kazekage's next words caused him to chuckle, of course they knew it could be conceived as an act of war. That's why they intended to do it, they had already made their declaration. War had already been declared, by the time this Event was over there would be no turning back. Sousuke continued on by seeing he did not know where he could be located. Nor did he give the Agent a name, something that made him sigh. Perhaps the Kazekage was having his doubts about the candidate. "We know it will be perceived as an act of war. Our declaration against the Daimyo will have been heard across all the nations by now."<i></i> he would say calmly, it wasn't Akkuma who would be put to the sword. It would be the Daimyo his life would end at the hands of his kin.

"Are you sure this person is someone you trust to govern this country? We can assist in instilling someone with ties to Sunagakure, ensuring we won't have to repeat this whole effort down the track. Lord Sousuke, I need a name. Know that once you give me a name this person will be retrieved. I will contact you once the necessary intel has been collected and our team is ready to move."<i></i> he would say calmly and in a business-like manner. As if they were discussing a small business issue and not talking about kidnapping a replacement for one of the most powerful men in this country. Osagi hoped that Sousuke would give the right judgement in this matter, though he could always task an Agent with ensuring the new leaders loyalty didn't waver. Should they find themselves wanting to go down that path they would gently be reminded what happened the last time someone moved against Sunagakure.

"I can't help but think you feel this is an underhanded & perhaps risky endeavour. We would have preferred to make the new Daimyo someone loyal to Sunagakure. But apparently a few within your ranks have expressed how the rest of the world will view such a move. My question is why would you worry what they care? In your time of need no village has come to your aid, no nation has given support. You shouldn't care about their opinion, your responsibility is to this village and those who call it home. I can assure you many are sympathetic to the situation you find yourself in. Many have given their aid in the Miroku's endeavours to help ease your burden."<i></i> he would say honestly to the leader of Sunagakure as he watched the shinobi. Perhaps he could help Sousuke see just how much they had been doing in their attempts to aid them. Those crimson eyes watched the shinobi closely, gauging how he would react to this. Hopefully he would see they truly were trying to help them, with everything they had.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke remained as still as a stone statue as he proceeded to rewind his steps as Osagi had spoken more about the details. A particular conversation had come to mind in which, yes he did reveal to Akkuma that the Daimyo had been empowering his troops accordingly. Words travels quickly amongst those of the Miroku clan. Sousuke blinked. Yes, well ... that was his fault on his end wasn't it? These were dangerous people they were facing, and yes Akkuma was being some form of responsible for his own people by describing unto them the terrors and the enemy that they would indeed come to face. "Mm... nevermind. My mistake. Apologies."<i></i> Sousuke would admit.

Did Sousuke trust Susumu? He may trusted him more than some others sure. The problem was though, not a single person in the world would take well to the death of their father and be willing to work with the man who slew him. He was dubious whether or not that the Miroku people would be able to collect him, but as such the Daimyo did indeed send his son into the Lion's Den. He needed more time to think about it. Given Susumu's behavior maybe he was doing someone be it Akkuma's thuggish agent people or Susumu himself by not giving a name. Susumu liked to not be in control, but he also liked demons and perhaps in a way that other would not like. That is to say ... things might turn uhm ... highly and overtly sexual. Worse case scenario? No. Not going to even conceptualize it.

The final question's answer did not arrive timely. He looked into his own reflection in the glass. He half expected Mikaboshi to be staring at him. "You are right in some regards, but it's long term planning in terms of others. You nor your Lord were here when the Cabal attacked."<i></i> He spok. So much time had passed that his armour was now freed from all the grim and dirt that had covered it. The armour that stood behind the glass was black and white. White lightning bolts across a black mesh. He slammed a button and the water began to drain. "One of the members, Kaito, he lost his children and his wife to the storm. What he did to us was wrong, but he was justified. We were not there to save Wind, my father saved Sand, not Wind. He did not have the resources to do it due to the power loss we had when the Sunahoshi died. People, including Kaito, will never understand it. Sungakure was built on a covenant with the people of Wind, I have no idea how to maintain it or reinvent the wheel. Say thirty years down the line - what the Cabal did will happen again and it will happen for justified reasons but on a larger scope to this ruler we put on the throne. The current Daimyo is not a man who I want in power, but up and planting someone with a bias to us is not going to make things easier down the line, for a few years it will but it will not be eternal as nothing truly is. Someone has to be installed who will be good for everyone, not just Sand. The original person I wanted there is not an option. I am sure as hell not going to put a crown on my head either."<i></i> He stopped. "I don't know honestly if there will ever be a person I think can be that interconnectivity sound and logical with this blasted country's states. Has it ever been unified? No. Will it ever be unified? Probably not. The threat of some other worldly power from elsewhere might do it for a time. Maybe there should not be a Wind Country, maybe it should just be broken down into some ten or twelve independent states and wandering people."<i></i> He suddenly stopped talking as if someone had turned off a sink facet. For a slight moment he was trembling. He placed his hand on the glass and pushed forward on it. He had not raised his voice to Osagi. He did not curse at the man, he cursed at the situation certainly. This was a situation was not born into, this was not a role he was originally designed for. The Takahashi clan had been for two hundred years and then some Stewards to the Sunahoshi. They were always there for them, but then Katuso decided to throw it all out. Sousuke had become Kazekage out of necessity. There was no great clan controlling the Diamond Maelstrom anymore, not unless there was some unborn child in the womb of Naganisa. Even then the amount of work, raising, nurturing it would take to make that supposed child accepted by everyone in Sungakure would have been probably nigh impossible. Naganisa was insane, the woman was damaged and deranged. Sousuke swallowed hard. Too much time had passed between what he said a moment ago and now. He turned to Osagi. He opened his mouth. Said nothing. He closed his mouth. "Keep talking. I need a moment to figure things out in my head."<i></i>

[MFT 869]

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
Osagi addressed the Kazekage's concerns, wondering what he was thinking about. To his surprise the man apologised which helped reveal more about him. It showed that he was willing to admit when he had made a mistake. From his apology he had a suspicion Sousuke may have played a part in the information. "You have no need to apologise, as Kazekage your concerns are natural." he would say calmly to the man before him. When the Agent asked if he trusted his candidate the Kazekage seemed deep in thought, maybe he was unsure on the matter. Little did he know that the Kazekage's thoughts were elsewhere, more concerned about a potential (& little did he know likely) situation should the two in his thoughts meet.

When Sousuke spoke his next words the Agent wanted to correct him but thought he would wait. It seemed that the suit had been fully sterilised. Though he couldn't help but get the feeling something more was going on here. The Kazekage gave him a brief history update explaining why he thought things had come to this point. Continuing on to say he wanted a Daimyo who was good for all of Wing country not just Sunagakure. He saw why Sousuke was worrying so much the leaders last words raised great concern yo the Agent. Noticing the man was shaking he wondered just how long it had been since he truly discussed matters with people.

Those Crimson eyes watched him carefully Sousuke's seemed to be a man on the verge of breaking under the weight of his choices. He was told to keep speaker so he would do as asked by the Kazekage. "You know we came to Sunagakure not long after the attack began. My Lord was unable to gain entrance. We proceeded to Iwagakure & Kumogakure. Gaining allies, contacts and assets, we grow with every passing day. Put someone in power who is loyal to Wind Country but instil an advisor that can be trusted. Leave nothing to chance, you have the means to deal with an threat. There are more then one way to control an area or get unlikely people to co-operate." he would say calmly unable believe he was finding himself giving advice to the Kazekage.

"Treaties can be established between the parties. Whether they seek, trade agreements, joint research projects, military aid and even training. You must show them that strength comes from unity. They must be made to see how they can benefit from such bonds, for those particularly stubborn allow them to feel it was their choice. The few that cannot be convinced by this method will only recognise one thing. Power." he would say in a matter of fact tone, it seemed he was suggesting something. Osagi was already building a plan, but if he was wrong. This was one of those situations where he might find himself causing his own ruin.

"It seems to me the only thing you're lacking is a monster to help reaffirm their need for each other. I give you the Miroku, a clan that spans nations. Our network is vast Lord Sousuke, despite what you may believe. The Miroku are focusing on the long term, things can be fixed and changed. For example tell me about this candidate, not a name seeing as you seem undecided on them. What are they known for, how are they in person? Do they have any vices, what brings them joy?" he would calmly say to the Kazekage there was something that was eating at him, but he would leave it until he was done. Now it seemed that Sousuke's needed to listen, the Agent had given rise to many questions within the man it seemed.

"Control, Influence & Stability these are things that are best gained on many fronts. If you had the time I would discuss with you how such a thing might be made possible. There is always a way it just takes the right perspective to see it and the will to do what is necessary." his words came with the genuine intent to aid the Kazekage, trying to remind him that he was not alone. Assistance was around the leader, Osagi had many tasks. But he specialised in matters such as these, there was only two people he knew to be masters at such things. Akkuma & Kaza they had a gift for such things that he had never seen, people found it hard to them. Capable of orchestrate things to go the way they wanted to with such finesse it scared even him.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"I've had my fair share of monsters."<i></i> Sousuke answered as he pressed another button and the chamber containing his armour opened up. The ultimate truth was that the monster he had working for him, had turned against him, only then to be working with him again. It was a very tiring process. Sousuke sighed. "I'd rather not talk about the person who I would have put on the throne. It's ... an impossibility at this point, and I would rather prefer to keep mum about it."<i></i> Sousuke would reach forward and took the armour out of the machine and would begin to place it on a mobile carrier. There was some minor wiring he had to do with this suit. He frowned slightly. "That being said, the person seemed to be ... well free of most vices. Except lust ... but... well I cannot really comment about it. Their joys? I think it was the welfare of everyone that brought him joy. He was known for helping people when they truly needed help. He didn't shy away from them no matter what their situation was."<i></i> Katuso did have an odd relationship with Naganisa. Whatever it came of it well ... it doesn't matter now. Sousuke doubted he would ever see Katuso proper again. There was hope though that the Sunahoshi would ... somehow miraculously return. What that meant for Mikaboshi though? That Sousuke could only do but wonder.

"I would decline your offer for the time being."<i></i> Sousuke spoke in reference to the topic of control, influence, and stability. Two of the three things Sousuke had insight on. The final one ... well influence was something he could infect upon people if he wanted to. "Another time perhaps."<i></i> He suggested instead. He would finish placing the armour on the mobile carrier. "I will consider what you've said of course. For the time being though there is an operative I need to suit up for."<i></i> He motioned to the armour. "I need to make ready for it and be there within the hour, there's been troubling reports of an organization formed by ... reformed criminals in the Zephyr district along the northern boarders. Apparently they were tasked to prevent a Force-Event from occurring. They lost contact, so I've decided ... to assist in what ways I can which means to prevent the Force-Event myself and ultimately... let's just say I have an uncanny ability to make certain things stay dead."<i></i> He would bid farewell to the Miroku agent. "I have to head out shortly, but let's continue forward at any rate."<i></i> He would make a flickering motion with his hands. The mobile carrier would seemingly turn into a spider-puppet of sorts. A simple one. An application of the metal-clone jutsu really, if it were truly misshapen.

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
Osagi didn't doubt Sousuke had seen his fair share of monsters, perhaps Sousuke had seen his fill of monsters. He seemed like a man who was tired, with all that had gone on his reign who could blame him. "I don't doubt that at all Sousuke." he would say to the Steward before him. The Kazekage did not want to speak about the person he would have put on the throne. Perhaps there was some personal tension there, so he would merely nod. He wouldn't push the man he seemed to have evoked some emotions in the man earlier.

Although it seemed he didn't mind discussing the matter further as he proceeded to explain the mans vices. Saying he lacked most except perhaps lust, from the mans reaction this was no doubt a weak point that could be used. His next words in regard to the candidate made him raise an eyebrow, such a leader could make such a positive change in this country. A leader who was promiscuos would be severely better in comparison to the bloodthirsty Daimyo who currently reigned. "I understand." he would say calmly to the man.

"Such a person seems a suitable candidate." he would say calmly to the Kazekage, when the man suggested another time for their discussion. Osagi would simply bow saying a brief "As you wish Lord Sousuke, we can discuss it another time." he'd say when the Steward said he would think on what the Agent had sent.

Sousuke informed him of the operation he would soon depart to handle and the Agent couldn't help but wonder why he was being told this. Perhaps Sousuke did not distrust him as much as the Agent believed, perhaps he wanted assistance on the matter. Or maybe it was just his polite way of saying their time was up. When Sousue said he had an uncanny gift with make things stay dead he couldn't help but wonder how often the dead rose in Suna. Then again if you had demons or Dark Sages like his Lord running around the dead rising wasn't exactly uncommon. However before he could comment Sousuke bid farewell to Osagi, saying they would continue for now.

"Of course. I wouldn't want to hold you up from such an important matter. Should you desire or require any assistance you need only ask. I am thankful you took the time to address my concerns and discuss matters with me. I'm not sure you know how much I appreciate it. It's been an honour to have your council on this matter." he would say to the Kazekage with a deep bow to the Head of the village. Meanwhile his gaze shifted to the spider-like puppet it was quite an intriguing design. He could see the usefulness of such a design, particular for transporting armour as exquisite as Sousuke's.

[OoC: Apologies on the wait, IRL events held me up. My sincerest apologies.]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"I bid you adieu."<i></i> The Kazekage would say as he Sousuke would say he hesitated for a moment. His gaze shifted toward towards the automaton that was walking with them. It was moving a bit too slow for his liking. He shook his head and started removing the armour from it. Soon enough Sousuke was wearing the black and white mesh. He ringed his wrists. "This undertaking of mine is trying to fix decades of bad PR with wind country."<i></i> He tapped his chest piece as he readily fed it some chakra. The white lightning bolt patterns began to glow a sickly blue as he was preparing for future combat.

"I'll look into that matter of your missing person."<i></i> He reminded the Miroku clan member. Sousuke wondered exactly what it was that he was not being told, or at least what he was not being told by people who were missing certain facts. Things were rarely as they seemed. There were layers upon layers in investigations which also included motives, methods, and so on and so forth. Sousuke conjured his chakra and forced it to surface. His form glowed a sickly blue hue. Sousuke was unwell in many regards. Mentally he was exhausted. He suffered from high anxiety and several disorders. Spiritually he did not have a proper soul. His soul was in fact was a Toraono's. In fact it was Kuro's baby brother. Physically he was exhausted, but still he pushed forward.

Such was after all expected of the Kazekage.

[Topic concluded]

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
Sousuke bid him farewell and the Agent bowed as he spoke "Until next time Lord Sousuke. Thank you for your time." he would say calmly as they walked out of the room. The Kazekage stopped and began to wear his armour. When the shinobi passed chakra into his armour Osagi was surprised at its sickly blue color.

The Lord Steward explained he intended to fix Suna's relationship with Wind Country. "Should you require any assistance during your adventure, you need only ask." he would with genuine intent, he wanted the Kazekage to know that should he need him or the clan. They would be there for him.

When Sousuke re-affirmed he would look into Touka he bowed deeply "Thank you Lord Sousuke, it means a great deal to me." with those words he departed. Sousuke had looked exhausted yet still here he was preparing to face this threat alone. It reminded him of Akkuma, how he hoped his Lord was okay.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back